[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favourite classic DnD/Pathfinder class and why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: 1463195842930.jpg (173 KB, 999x1300) Image search: [Google]
1463195842930.jpg
173 KB, 999x1300
Favourite classic DnD/Pathfinder class and why
>>
I like to imagine that she knows how to use a weapon, that she understands what she's doing is so terribly wrong.

But the cameraman won't let her look right.

He's not looking for "Grandma is going to kill someone." he's looking for "Grandma is a total retard."

And they've been fighting for like 20 minutes as she insists on taking more natural poses that make sense, and he keeps telling her "No, look stupider. Look like you've never held a gun before."

And she's just fucking pissed, and she's starting to wish the pistol was real.
>>
>>47252964
I like to imagine she's used one before back in her heyday as a hot, international spy/assassin.
>>
>>47252964
>>
File: chamas.jpg (330 KB, 2400x1800) Image search: [Google]
chamas.jpg
330 KB, 2400x1800
>We /k/ now!
>>
File: TheDooug.jpg (113 KB, 350x623) Image search: [Google]
TheDooug.jpg
113 KB, 350x623
>>47254214
>Spread that shit on thick.
>>
>>47252860
Cleric
>>
>>47252860
Halfling.
Bonuses to armour class, a decent hit dice and balls hard saves. Plus that stealth that's flat-out better than an equivalent level thief.
Sure, you're limited in your weapon selection, but you still get access to plate armour and stuff.
It's not so great as far as offensive or encounter-solving abilities go (unlike, say, a magic user) but it's really fucking good at not dying, which at low levels counts for a whole lot.
Plus playing a plate-armoured hobbit terrorist is always a hoot.
>>
>>47252964
Never used a gun.What's wrong with her pose?
>>
File: lvl 1 Thrallherd.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lvl 1 Thrallherd.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Thrallherd
>>
>>47252860
Thief. Because I hate the idea of locks preventing me from getting stuff I want.
>>
>>47255879
She should has straight arms and blocked elbows
>>
Going back to AD&D! Jackal, a Wizard Kit that doesn't use a spell book to memorize spells but instead stalks and steals memorized spells from other wizards' minds.
>>
File: dwarf-a.png (931 KB, 789x1000) Image search: [Google]
dwarf-a.png
931 KB, 789x1000
>>47252860
Paladin - because I like warhammers, healing, being good and shit
>>
>>47255910
>appears in only one edition, in some obscure splatbook
>classic

i know you wanted to post that webm but still
>>
>>47256297
>Paladin - because I like warhammers, healing, being good and shit
>because I like [some other stuff] and shit
>because I like shit
should we call them poo-ladins?
>>
Fighter, real ambiguous and can do a lot of different combat styles.
>>
>>47252860
wizard/mage/magic-user, because I like to get up to some serious wiz biz
>>
War Blade
>>
Fighter. I like the idea of someone who's way out of his depth and still carries on; think Jack Burton in Big Trouble in Little China. He's not a demon or a wizard, and his initial motivation is a pretty shitty and mundane one. He doesn't understand what's going on half the time, and is sometimes scared shitless by it, but he knows his rights from his wrongs and gets things done.

Heroism isn't about doing great things with unlimited power. It's about doing what you can regardless of your power.
>>
>>47256402
Yeah, and they should roll for fartitude
>>
>>47252860
Classic? Cleric.
Battle cleric? Can do. White mage? Done. Pokemon master? Lots of fun.

Close to classic PF? Inquisitor. Kick down doors with righteous fury, blasting away with my ranged weapon of choice. Pair up with an archer fighter and Battlemind Link (each player rolls for each attack and takes the best roll) for extra lols.
>>
>>47252860
> classic Pathfinder
> classic
> Pathfinder

Listen, OP, I play Pathfinder but I don't think it's classic. If you just meant classes that have been around since the beginning, then just say D&D.
>>
>>47252860
Ranger because rangers do all the actual adventuring.
>>
>>47252860
Fighter. Explore the places, kill the things, loot the treasures, crush the puss, repeat.
>>
File: 1462365784543.jpg (311 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1462365784543.jpg
311 KB, 600x800
Paladin then Blackguard
>>
>>47255910
What is this exactly?
>>
>>47261055
Headpats simulator.
>>
File: kungfu333.jpg (70 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
kungfu333.jpg
70 KB, 650x366
>>47252860
Monk/Druid multiclass.
>Why?
- You can easily vary the level of power of your character by investing more levels into Monk for a weaker character or more levels into Druid for a stronger character.
- Druid class features fix all problems of the Monk class, and they both rely on Wisdom as their main/secondary stat. If we're talking DnD, you can also prestige-class into Sacred Fist, which is, honestly, one of my favorite classes.
- It is also a natural pick for the average Druid OR Monk motivation - Monks strive to be in tune with themselves, while Druids strive to be in tune with the nature.
- It invokes both the imagery of classic bearded casters like Gandalf and wuxia wise mentors at the same time.

There is no reason not to play a Monk/Druid.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.