[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help your new friend out - me. Need a DnD 5e character to play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: otyugh4[1].jpg (151 KB, 600x384) Image search: [Google]
otyugh4[1].jpg
151 KB, 600x384
Help your new friend out - me.
Need a DnD 5e character to play with a bunch of people made in less than 3 hours.
Suggest some characters to play as someone who doesn't talk much/want to play game too much.
>>
You need class and stats, or RP character ideas?
>>
File: 1461325242318.png (230 KB, 401x633) Image search: [Google]
1461325242318.png
230 KB, 401x633
>Suggest some characters to play as someone who doesn't talk much/want to play game too much.

Wouldn't you prefer suggestions on how to talk more and tips on how to take a more active role in the game?
>>
>>47248757
All of it.
>>
>>47248839
What level, how stats generated, how gear allotted?
>>
>>47248794
I would yeah. Please share them with me.
But I still need a character to make to play.
>>
>>47248848
Level 5.
Stats are rolled for.
Standard gear for class.
>>
easiest RP details would be a mash of fictional characters. like Blade(Marvel) except a half orc, who enjoys smoking pipeweed like Gandalf.

Basically just mish mash characters for a quick idea. Also, please for the love of god give your guy some hobbies, other than killing

5e is easy enough to make a character, Fighter being one of the easiest.
>>
>>47248855
I've found that clerics are rather easy for new players to take a more active role with, since they have a clear focus that they can spin in their own fashion. With clear guidelines outlined by their god, they can more easily break away from always just choosing the option they personally would choose.

There's also the part where your spells often are used to help and heal the other party members, so there's a good level of interaction there.

Also, if you're looking for premade characters, you can find all the classes, 1-20, here.
http://www.tabletopping.net/dd-5e-pre-made-characters.html
>>
Make a bugbear character, you can figure out the rest
>>
File: Fighter.png (110 KB, 482x611) Image search: [Google]
Fighter.png
110 KB, 482x611
>stats are rolled for
>you havent even rolled for them yet

It'd be a lot easier if we had some numbers to work with, since some classes are MADer than others.

Even so, I'd suggest the fighter. If you want a traditional fighter, put your highest stat as STR, then the next highest as CON, and the rest of the stats literally don't matter unless you really care about your saves.

The archetype you should pick if you want to actually think during a battle is the Battlemaster, since maneuvers are pretty fucking neato. Alternatively, you could go Eldritch Knight if you're looking for a little magic to toss around.

If you don't want to have to think, pick Champion archetype.

Pick a greatsword and the Great Weapon Fighter style. Also, since you get so many ability score boosts (7), you could feasibly pick up the Great Weapon Master feat at level... 4? 6th or 8th level is also an option. The reason you take that feat is for the power attack. -5 atk and +10 damage.

It's pretty great, but makes you miss a lot when you're low level since you presumably don't have 20str and your proficiency bonus is still low, so try boosting STR at levels 4 and 6.

That said, a battlemaster fighter can get precision strike which, if I remember rightly, can let you increase your attack by spending superiority dice after the roll has been made.

So it's good for making sure power attacks land, yeah?

---

Of course, this is all the same, more or less, if you want to go ranged. Pick longbow, put highest stat in DEX and second highest in CON, forget about the rest of the stats. Then pick up the Sharpshooter feat at 4, 6, or 8, and the Archer fighting style. Sharpshooter lets you ignore range penalties and lets you power attack with bows. Same deal, -5atk/+10dam. The archer style's +2 attack is nothing to sneeze at, especially at low levels. Even moreso if you want to power attack.

That said, even CON isn't super important for a ranged fighter, since you shouldn't be getting hit too much.
>>
>>47250714
For the details:
Name: Jack Evergreen
Race: Human
Class: Fighter
Background: Soldier

If you want a melee theme, use the greataxe instead of the greatsword, and go full lumberjack. It's fun, kind of silly, and gives you an excuse to make friends with dwarves and fuck up elves. FUCK ELVES. FUCK ELVES.

F U C K
U
C
K

ELVES

Hey, have a video, bro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgaRd4d8hOY
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.