[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dissatisfaction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 540x405
GMs, have you ever pulled the plug on one of your campaigns mid-session? I'm not just talking about That Guy stories or "rocks fall, everybody dies" situations, have you ever had a moment where you realized that you or the players are dissatisfied enough with how the campaign is going that it caused you to make the call and say "fuck this, the campaign is over, we need to figure something else out"?

Pic sort of related
>>
>>47237989
Nope, because I'm the best GM. I only GM quality. People pay me to play in my games because it's better than sex.
>>
A friend was DMing Deathwatch when we realised that it was very much "Do mission, succeed, next mission." with very little difficulty, so we canned it.

I was a few years ago doing Star Wars d20, enjoying it but we had little combat. It was my first DMing so I stopped as I was enjoying the story but there wasn't much combat which worried me. Was I wrong to stop if there was more plot than playability? We all enjoyed it but I think the group were expecting more action.
>>
>>47238490
In situations like that, combat it's relatively easy to insert to create action. Political assassinations, bounty hunters, shady business and crime lords all create tension for itchy trigger fingers.
>>
>>47237989
The only time I had to stop mid session was because a year ago a now ex-member of the group insisted on reheating week old leftover fish they had left in the fridge.

The idiot ended up collapsing halfway through the game puking his guts out. Called an ambulance for him, of course. Needless to say, we never invited him back and started a new campaign because my paper notes were in the splash zone.

Still haven't forgiven the bastard for puke-staining my carpet so bad that not even a professional cleaner could get it out and ruining all my notes.
>>
>>47238680
What the fuck
>>
>>47238680
Why would someone bring leftover fish to your house, and why would you let them microwave it. And why would he not be puking into the toilet. I call bullshit on your bullshit story.
Besides, you said it was 'in his refrigerator'. But when he puked it was on your carpet.
>>
>>47237989
Yep. Twice. Both times it was because the players went so far off rails as to wreck not only the session but the rest of the campaign.
>Pathfinder - They murder an important npc because "Fucking elves" and then join the bad guy.
>Dark Heresy - They murder a senior member of the Inquisition and then turn to Chaos
>>
>>47239747
Really, this story? How about,

>"Guys, I'm feeling a little sick, I think it was >the leftover fish I reheated."
>"How old was it?"
>"About a week."

Boom, plausible explanation.
>>
>>47237989
My entire player group got into a fight over whether something was a yam or a sweet potato. There was blood. I never GMed for them again.
>>
>>47239834
>Not making it an evil campaign
>Not making it a black crusade campaign

I don't know anon, seems more like the players left your rails and you had zero idea how to handle it.
>>
>>47237989
>starwars d20. GM sighs before beginning NPC dialogue.
>A: hey, is something wrong? You don't normally sound like that.
>GM: I'm not feeling it anymore. I've just been running because everyone else liked it.
>A: I thought you were having fun. I got over it a while ago.
>B: I hate this system. Please just take it away.
>C: I'm too fixated on the canon to actually enjoy this.
>Me: Star Wars is my least favorite sci-fi.
It turns out we were all too beta to say anything until prompted. We thus pulled out Maid RPG and did that for the evening.
>>
File: Grinchy.jpg (87 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Grinchy.jpg
87 KB, 250x250
>>47238347
>it's better than sex

Don't sell yourself short, anon.
You suck a pretty mean cock.
>>
File: laughing out loud.jpg (799 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
laughing out loud.jpg
799 KB, 2560x1600
>>47243671
>>
File: il_570xN.331067314.jpg (97 KB, 504x739) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.331067314.jpg
97 KB, 504x739
>>47238347
>>47243671
>>
>>47239834
What the fuck nigger, your players want a devil campaign, simple
>>
>>47241456
What if he didn't want to run that kind of game though? Personally I think evil campaigns are annoying and not very fun. It's okay if the players want that, I just don't want to GM that.
>>
>>47237989
Recently, I and everyone in the group decided that we should just drop a campaign because it had too many players, too much power given to the players, and a story that went in so many directions that everyone remembered it differently and no one was convinced they had the right version.
>>
>>47241637
Sad story, nice conclusion!
>>
Used to happen to me pretty regularly but thay was because I was still new to gming and beta as fuck when it came to telling people to cut the shit.

Almost happened with my current campaign though. Last sessions was a ton of disinterest, people on their phones and not paying attention so I called it early. Fortunately, we all talked about it and decided to keep playing but to try harder next time. They enjoyed it in general I just don't know what was up with that last session.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.