[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't the Imperium team up with the Eldar and Tau
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 29
File: Group-620x.jpg (45 KB, 620x443) Image search: [Google]
Group-620x.jpg
45 KB, 620x443
Why doesn't the Imperium team up with the Eldar and Tau to wipe the Orc menace off the face of the galaxy?
>>
>>47230567
Because they are dumb as fuck, and don't know what they are doing?
>>
>>47230567
>Eldar
Not enough elf-power to make much difference, and would never "team up" in any equals sense. They'd always be looking for the chance to pull one over on both of them, and the Imperium would always be looking out for that same dagger; they'd be as good as enemies anyway.

>Tau
Would be like a giant teaming up with a gnat to kill a dragon. The Tau just are not big enough to make a difference.
>>
>>47230567
Eldar are selfish bastards and the IoM are too retarded to consider even a temporary alliance with an alien species.
>>
>>47230567
>Why doesn't the Imperium team up with the Eldar

lol
>>
>>47230591
>Would be like a giant teaming up with a gnat to kill a dragon. The Tau just are not big enough to make a difference.
And yet they have done so on multiple occassions.

Honestly, if the imperium could absorb the Tau into their empire, like an admech type of sanction or whatever, then they would stand FArR stronger than they have done in a long time. It really would be a win-win for both parts.

The problem is getting there, but a farsight led Tau might just be easier to deal with than Ethereal indoctrinated fanatics.
>>
File: EFD.jpg (128 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
EFD.jpg
128 KB, 720x960
>>47230591
>Would be like a giant teaming up with a gnat to kill a dragon. The Tau just are not big enough to make a difference.

That's bullshit. Lets see what GW says about it.

>If the Tau and Imperium put aside their difference, then they would become an unstoppable force in the galaxy

(picture related).
>>
>>47230645
>inb4 tau haters claim that GW are wrong because it contradicts their headcanon and REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>47230645
>would become an unstoppable force in the galaxy

You might want to re-read that picture, anon, because it says COULD. Not would.
>>
>>47230737
Was paraphrasing for the sake of haste but the intentions of the line in the picture is clear. The Imperium and Tau alliance would be a power to be reckoned with on a galactic level.
>>
>>47230567
>Orc
What the hell is an orc? I've heard of Orks and Orruks...oh, you mean those things out of LOTR? Fuck I hate when you 40Kids try to force your wankery into every other setting. Just leave Tolkien alone, ffs.
>>
>>47230645
That's just wrong.

The problems the Tau could fix are simply not the problems the Imperium needs fixing.
What are the Tau going to do about human potential for corruption? About chaos? About rampant mutation and unstable psykers? About the Emperor dying?

Fuck all.
>>
Sounds like heresy
>>
>>47230960
>The problems the Tau could fix are simply not the problems the Imperium needs fixing.

Actually, with the resources of the Imperium poured into the Tau Empire, the Tau will get into overdrive with their technological innovation and production. The fruits of Tau innovation will be supplied to the Imperium. The Imperial near-endless armies are going to wield advanced Tau technology and existing Imperial tech will be modified.

The Imperial military problems will be lessened by a large degree which will allow the Imperium to focus on other fronts within and without for a change.
>>
>>47231017
Innovation is heresy.
>>
>>47230645
Fuck off, Carnac.
>>
>>47231175
No, you are the Carnac.

I am Somonor.
>>
>>47230812
Orcs are tolkien, Orkz are 40k
>>
>>47231175
>quoting recent GW material makes you Carnac
Alright faggot, don't you have some dicks to take up your ass?
>>
Because then the Necrons would team up with Orks who all make a deal with chaos to kill all humans, enslave the tau and castrate the Eldar
>>
File: nigga what.jpg (485 KB, 763x795) Image search: [Google]
nigga what.jpg
485 KB, 763x795
>>47231782
>Necrons
>making a deal with Chaos
>>
File: 1423594526781s.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1423594526781s.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>>47231870
To castrate the Eldar
>>
>>47230567
Same reason they don't team up with the Orks to wipe the Eldar and Tau menace off the face of the galaxy
>>
>>47230567
40k factions are unable to set aside being retarded for long enough to push back Galactic threats.
>>
So how long would the tau last if, lets say, a dozen inquisitors come up with a plan to "leak" information to the AdMech that one of the tau core worlds has a complete uncorrupted STC?
>>
>>47231899
Chaos and Eldar are two heads of the Eternal Warp Jew
>>
>>47231782
Let me guess, an eldar stole your sweet roll? She sounds like a slut anyway.
>>
>>47231944

They're not even touching the head. Just the balls

>>47231959

Just saying what would happen
>>
>>47230567
>why doesn't the Imperium team up with the xenos and the xenos wipe the xeno menace off the face of the galaxy?
Because that doesn't actually accomplish anything. Xenos are still around.
>>
>>47230960
>The problems the Tau could fix are simply not the problems the Imperium needs fixing.
>[prays to machine spirit]
>>
>>47231942
Depends on how "authentic" the leak is. If every forgeworld in the galaxy buys their shit, than I wouldn't give them more than a year as the Ad Mech pulls in every favor and connection they have; finding a fully intact STC is basically the Ad Mechs win state. If they have a STC, they can basically start pumping out so much high grade shit and robotic warriors, that the Imperium becomes irrelevant; fuck, even the Emperor might get pushed aside
>>
>>47230567
I'd say
1. The I perium simply doesn't trust the Tau enough, and the Eldar are too high and mighty to actually ally with them. The Eldar themselves would not want to risk many Eldar lives on such a venture, and considers both Tau and Imperium bneath them anyways. The Tau might be idealistic enough to want such an alliance, but realpolitik would keep them from doing so. If the cadres leave the empire to fight who is to say the Imperium wouldn't stab them i the back? I wouldn't put it past the Imprium of Man to pull a fast one.

2. Who says they even could win? If the allies just stirred up trouble with the orcs onthe fringes of known space they might become the targets of a million revanchist Waaghs. Some older fluff indicated that orcs outnumber everyone in the galaxy, except maybe the 'nids. The pre-heresy Imperium might have been able to take those odds, but even with allies I don't think the current could sustain such a war.
>>
>>47232286
3. There are numerous other threats to deal with. The Tau have the Tyranids looming over their heads, the Eldar have the Dark Eldar and Chaos, the Imperium has everone who arn't the Imperium... Lots of stuff needed to happen before an alliance could focus on the orcs alone.
>>
>>47231057
Tell that to the Techpriests interested in Tau tech.
>>
>>47230567
This is not a setting about intelligent factions
>>
>>47230567
simply put they don't trust eachother enough
it's a classic prisoner's dilemma
>>
File: Imperial Facepalm.jpg (178 KB, 1024x1132) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Facepalm.jpg
178 KB, 1024x1132
>>47230567
>he wants my glorious Imperium team up with blueberries who can't even into glorious CQC
>Oh I know, those Eldar who literally call us monkeys are going to help us!
No, anonymous imperial citizen nr. 245464565762547652563, we are agonizingly alone in the galaxy.
>>
>>47230567
The Tau will never join the Imperium as long as the Necr- I mean the Ethereals control their society.
>>
>>47232456
Well the Eldar are already helping the Empire with the throne and such.
>>
File: Contemplating Emperor.jpg (76 KB, 309x590) Image search: [Google]
Contemplating Emperor.jpg
76 KB, 309x590
>>47232497
Out of necessity, yes. But the moment everything works again, or they don't have to feat Chaos anymore, they would just stab the Imperium in the back. Do not trust the Eldar.
>>
Ignoring the almost certain chance of double cross from factions, there simply aren't enough of them to make a difference. Orks are everywhere and will always be everywhere because of the way they spread.

There are hardly any Tau in the galaxy. You can't produce enough weapons for the Imperium. In the same vein, there aren't enough Eldar and I don't think humans would really get the same benefit from using a lot of Eldar's stuff.

The best thing a team up would bring would be them simply moving out of the way. If Tau and Eldar stopped being an enemy, that is less resources consume fighting them. It still would make little difference verse the Orks, but could help verse Necrons, Chaos, and Nids who are more focused threats. In the long run though, it is still Imperium doing nearly 95% of the heavy lifting.

However, it is basically irrelevant. Both races are assholes whole would stab the Imperium in the back the first chance they get.
>>
>>47232549
>The last mortal being in the galaxy will be an ork with nothing left to fight
>>
>>47232566
Anon you bastard... ;_;
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Are_You_My_Warboss%3F
>>
>>47232226
Not even close to true.
Any robot made by an STC would still be at risk of being corrupted, just like what happened during the DAoT. Moreover, while the ad mech are quite independent, it's been a long time since they've ever considered even leaving the imperium.
They know if they tried that the rest of the imperium would go after them, which really only matters because that means the space marines would be sent after them, something the ad mech does not want.
Moreover, the ad mech also are fully aware that a split in the imperium would be the death of all humanity. The ad mech may be team killers willi g to do anything for their own personal goals but who isn't in the imperium? but they would never break away from the imperium, even if they found a full STC.
>>
>>47231870
Necrons and Chaos marines are allies of convenience, this bothers me, am I the only one?
>>
>>47230567
I hope you choke on your own dick for such retarded questions.
>>
>>47232497
Care to explain this bit?
I only heard someone mentioning a deal between the mechanicus and the Deldar once.
>>
File: 1435466809871.gif (2 MB, 350x190) Image search: [Google]
1435466809871.gif
2 MB, 350x190
>>47232600
>>
>>47230567
The orkz are already so numerous that you cannot possibly fight them all. All they would need is something uniting them and it's game over for everybody else in the milky way.

Launching a galaxy-wide campaign against all orkz simultaneously inevitably means that all orkz will realise there's a huge stompin' going on and that every greenskin and their grandmother is invited and that they're all allowed to play on the same team.

And then you've got a species-wide WAAAGH!!! - The greenest of all greentides that has ever tidened greenly across the stars. Trillions upon trillions of Orkz all working together because you wanted to lead an extinction war against them, but to the orkz that just means another reason to crash your party and steal yer gubbinz.
>>
>>47230642
>And yet they have done so on multiple occassions.
Only on small or secret levels. Inquisitors and Guard officers have been mentioned of making truces, but if anything like that went on a larger scale, like public sector attention or the heater Imperium, it would cause mass outrage, likely in the form of lots of gunfire.
>>
>>47230670
No, it's wrong because GW has said the same about Space Marines having a chapter of 10,000 marines, Orks uniting under a single WAAAGH!, and the Tyranids.

>unstoppable force
has been thrown around as often as Chaos has invaded Cadia.
>>
>>47233409
Your post makes no sense and it sounds like RRRR'ing to me.
>>
>>47230567
If they IoM were to make a desperate alliance it would be to stop Chaos. Not fucking orks.
>>
>>47233398
In the "The Greater Good" novel from the Cain series, the Imperials allow the Tau to rebuild an Imperial world and deploy Tau and Gue'vesa aid-workers on the planet to help with humanitarian effort. It was very public.
>>
>>47233465
Actually, in the Beast series, traitors and loyalist marines allied together in two events to stop the Orks.
>>
>>47230567
>Allying with the Tau
>Allying with a race that doesn't engage in glorious melee combat
>Man Emperor is Displeased.
>At least the eldar can swing a sword.
>>
>>47233438
>Black Templars have been called unstoppable if they ever gathered their entire chapter in one place
>Orks have on multiple occaisions have been said to be unstoppable if they united as a single race
>Tyranids are mentioned to only be stopped if the Imperium drafted every man woman and child in the Imperium

How does any of that not make sense? Does breathing not make sense to you? Does eating food not make sense to you?
>>
>>47233467
Very public in that one sector in millions know about it.
>>
>>47230613
>IoM are too retarded to consider even a temporary alliance with an alien species.
Not true, it happens all the time. Smaller subfactions of the Imperium, though - the Lords of Terra don't make decisions on that small of a scale.
>>
>>47233512
>>Black Templars have been called unstoppable if they ever gathered their entire chapter in one place

Bullshit.

The Templar are just 1100 marines. That's nothing.

>>Orks have on multiple occaisions have been said to be unstoppable if they united as a single race

Not unbelievable. The Beast Waaagh! united a portion of the Orks in the galaxy and nearly conquered it.

>>Tyranids are mentioned to only be stopped if the Imperium drafted every man woman and child in the Imperium

You mean Leviathan, you illiterate moron. It's said that the Imperium needs to up the recruitment rate by 500% rate in order to effectively combat that hive fleet. Considering the current Imperial standing armies are incapable of stopping that hive fleet from reaching the space near Terra, that quote is accurate

Three times you shown yourself being crap at the fluff. Get out.
>>
>>47230752
The Imperium is already a power to be reckoned with on a galactic level.
>>
>>47233581
A collapsing super and hardly unstoppable.
>>
>>47231017
You are so stupid and wrong it hurts to read what you wrote. One word: logistics.
>>
>>47233527
News spread arounf in the Imperium pretty quick.

For example the news of the Ultramarine defeat on Damnos spread throughout the Imperium, despite the Inquisition attempts to hide it, and caused morale all over the Imperium to crash.
>>
>>47233495
and spears. don't forget the spears.
>>
>>47233594
>logistics

Not part of the Imperium's or 40K dictionary.
>>
>>47230567
I really want to see Lyanden making some sort of agreement with the tau though.
The eldar will be happy to have more bodies to throw between them and anything else, while I can see the tau willingly agreeing to such a deal for a some carefully filtered knowledge of the galaxy at large.
>>
>>47233587
>Moving the goalposts.
>>
File: 1461020606384.gif (2 MB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
1461020606384.gif
2 MB, 356x200
>>47233580
>point out GW calling a Tau-Imperial alliance unstoppable is meaningless
>cute other sources when GW called a force unstoppable
>told to GTFO

It's like you're willfully ignorant.
>>
>>47233631
No goals were moved. Just stating what's in the fluff. If the Tau allied with the Imperium, then they wouldn't be collapsing
>>
>>47233580
>You mean Leviathan, you illiterate moron. It's said that the Imperium needs to up the recruitment rate by 500% rate in order to effectively combat that hive fleet. Considering the current Imperial standing armies are incapable of stopping that hive fleet from reaching the space near Terra, that quote is accurate
Yeah I have read this bit of the fluff int he 5th ed codex I believe? How does anyone hope to stop the nids? Its stated whats entering the galaxy at the moment is the tip of the iceberg, the very tips of an infinitely larger force, if that's true then they probably outnumber even the orks 10,000 to 1
>>
>>47233643
I already showed that you are a moron. You misremembered the fluff.

Templars? No, they are not stated to be unstoppable in the codex. They don't have the numbers.

Orks? A canon truth of the setting.

Tyranids? You are retard that butchered the quote.

Now get out and stop being an idiot in this thread.
>>
File: Necron Lord.jpg (698 KB, 1554x2137) Image search: [Google]
Necron Lord.jpg
698 KB, 1554x2137
>>47233661
>Yeah I have read this bit of the fluff int he 5th ed codex I believe? How does anyone hope to stop the nids? Its stated whats entering the galaxy at the moment is the tip of the iceberg, the very tips of an infinitely larger force, if that's true then they probably outnumber even the orks 10,000 to 1

The only hope for the galaxy is the Necrons.
>>
>>47233715
After reading shield of baal, the necron guy states that his warriors get over run by tyranids really easily, theyre slow to react and get swarmed by millions. I think he claims he has lost almost every fight against them. Even if the full force of necrons awoken and united, I don't think it would be a definite victory, the tyranids have entire galaxies worth of biomass heading towards the milky way
>>
>LMAO WHY DUN THE IMPERIUM JUS BE FRIENDS WITH EVERYONE
BECAUSE HUMANS WERE LITERALLY ENSLAVED BY ALIEN FAGGOTS DURING THE AGE OF STRIFE, MOST NOTABLY BY THE ELDAR

THEY KNOW THAT ALIENS WILL, WITHOUT EXCEPTION BETRAY THEM AT FIRST OPPORTUNITY, AND THUS MUST DIE
>>
File: 1451085374573.gif (373 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1451085374573.gif
373 KB, 500x375
>>47233580
>Bullshit.
>The Templar are just 1100 marines. That's nothing.
>>Strength: 5000-6000 Marines spread through several Crusades
Why are you bad at math?

>Not unbelievable. The Beast Waaagh! united a portion of the Orks in the galaxy and nearly conquered it.
So I'm right there.

>It's said that the Imperium needs to up the recruitment rate by 500% rate in order to effectively combat that hive fleet
>> 500% - effectively including every able-bodied man, woman and child on every world in Segmentum Solar, Obscurus and Tempestus
Again I am right

>Three times you shown yourself being crap at the fluff.
Actually just one. Again, terrible math skills.

Three times you have shown yourself crap at life.
>>
>>47230567
Even better why doesn't the Imperium team up with the Ork to wipe the other xenos and heresy menace off the face of the galaxy?
>>
>>47233740
You mean Shield of Baal : Devourer? Again, the misreading and misremembering strikes again.

Anrakyr does not say that. He says that battling the Tyranids have always been costly for him. A thing you must know about Anrakyr. He doesn't have a powerbase or a tomb world. He has no manufacturing power and no resupply station of his own. He gets by, by borrowing or stealing the warriors of other Overlords to replenish his army.

A fully awakened Tomb World has little to fear from the Tyranids.

>the tyranids have entire galaxies worth of biomass heading towards the milky way

Doesn't matter. An awakened Necron Empire controls space and time in the galaxy.
>>
>>47233786
>Why are you bad at math?

Templar retconned to be 1100 and they were never said to be unstoppable (picture related). Fucking idiot.

>So I'm right there.

Right about what?

>So I'm right there.

No, utterly wrong. You thought the quote was about the entire Tyranid Hive Fleets, They were not.

And there was no statement anywhere stating that Leviathan is unstoppable.

>Actually just one. Again, terrible math skills.

Nope, you made thee mistakes.

-The Templar were't said to be unstoppable. They are canonically 1100 marines.
-If the Orks united as one race they would crush all, It's a meaningful because we have seen Orks in action and we know it as canon truth.
-You did not understand the quote about the Tyranids and lied about it

You fail miserably at the fluff.
>>
>>47233211
That pretty much is. The Deldar agreed to help with the throne because they know that without it they're as fucked as everyone else.
>>
>>47233899
And here is the bit from the novel about the Black Templar numbers.

I wish BTfags would update their fluff. It has been two years I think?
>>
>>47233899
>Right about what?
Orks being unstoppable. Something you said made no sense at >>47233438

>And there was no statement anywhere stating that Leviathan is unstoppable.
>>However, Leviathan is only being slowed down rather than fully stopped, and it continues to assault all life in its path.
Sounds pretty unstoppable. And by that logic, if one Hive Fleet cannot be stopped, that means the Tyranids as a whole are unstoppable.

>you made thee mistakes.
You can't count, you can't logic, and you can't keep track of your own argument. You have failed as a human being.
>>
>>47233952
Yeah, that shit will end up being retconned soon enough. If you did an experiment regularly over 15 years, getting the same result, then on the first day of the 16th year the results changed, would you throw out all your previous data? Or would you continue to see if the anomaly continues?
>>
>>47234010
>Orks being unstoppable. Something you said made no sense at

Yeah, it made no sense because the Orks being unstoppable if they united, which is a canon truth, doesn't stop the Tau + Imperials being also unstoppable if it happened.

You bringing it up makes no sense.

>Sounds pretty unstoppable.

It cannot be stopped because the Imperials didn't go with 500% recruitment yet which is the rate they require to effectively combat the Hive Fleet. This is the quote you butchered.

>that means the Tyranids as a whole are unstoppable.

Nope, the Tyranids as whole require the whole galaxy to unite to stop them.

Notice at no point does the fluff you cited say the tyranids are unstoppable.

>You can't count, you can't logic, and you can't keep track of your own argument. You have failed as a human being.

You are talking about yourself.

You made mistakes about the Templar numbers. You didn't know what the quotes you referenced meant. A whole string of failure.
>>
>>47234077
>Yeah, that shit will end up being retconned soon enough.

Nah.

The Black Templar numbers were retconned because they were being rolled in into the normal marine codex. They will stay there forever like the White Scars and Salamanders.
>>
>>47234155
Here is the lasy (you) that you will recieve from me.

If the numbers were reduced because they were getting forced into the codex, why are they still not a 'codex' chapter. What rule functionality would having a chapter of 6000 or a 1100 have to do on the rules, your logic is flawed. People other places have pointed out that the iconography is the black templars is the reason, they are being put on the backburner and their arguments are much more logical than whay you present.
>>
File: moonface.jpg (27 KB, 180x219) Image search: [Google]
moonface.jpg
27 KB, 180x219
>>47231555
Posting exactly like Carnac, arguing exactly like Carnac, and being Carnac makes you Carnac.

>come onto teegee
>first thing I see is a thread arguing with the same old faggot again
fml baka desu senpai
>>
>>47234206
It has nothing to do with the Templar being a codex chapter or not. It has to do with being folded into the normal marine codex. They don't want the Black Templar to stand out too much from normal marines and thus warrant their own supp.

If you an other explanation as to why GW lowered their numbers, I would like to read it.
>>
>>47234208
Your posts shits up these threads more than him.
Nobody cares about the identity of the people on this board.

It because of you guys that /40k/ threads often degenerate into paranoia fests.
>>
File: 99810209010_ManglerSquigsNEW02.jpg (84 KB, 920x950) Image search: [Google]
99810209010_ManglerSquigsNEW02.jpg
84 KB, 920x950
>>47234303
>It because of you guys that /40k/ threads often degenerate into paranoia fests.
Can't say I visit the general much, but if so, it seems like they do care.
Though in a perfect world, anyone who knew who it was would do the sensible thing and just stop responding.
>>
>>47233826
>Doesn't matter. An awakened Necron Empire controls space and time in the galaxy
Still lost to Eldar/ Ork combo
>>
>>47230567
The Imperium can't team up with itself to wipe chaos from a single world, what makes you think they can team up with others for a even greater feat?
>>
>>47230567
Ok I'll bite.

Tau are a local power, one of the dozen alien empires that are a problem locally from time to time. They neither have the power nor the the technology nor the logistics to wipe out the Orcs.

Eldar propably were able before the fall, but did not care. Now they are lacking tech, manpower and logistics to pull it off.

Ally them: Eldar are dicks on a genetic level, they would kill a billion humans to save single Eldar.

Tau ideology is outright incompatible with any other. They work for supreme domination. Nothing bysides the greater good is allowed to exist.
They would infiltrate and undermine any ally, that is not watchful as hell and kills of their agents.

Orks on the other hand grow stronger through war - literally. Also smarter individuals pop up in war.
Procreate through spores which they shed all the time. Their imprinted knowledge hands them down awesome tech when they need it.
A galaxy wide attpemt to wipe them out would lead to the most fun wartimes they ever had. Expect the average Orc to be even tougher and bigger, coupled with more individuals like Ghazkul and Orkimedes.

Nids, Demons and maybe (big maybe, they lost a shitload of worlds) Necrons could pull it off.
The latter would propably steer the Orks away instead of fighting even if they could pull it. Faster and less costly.
Demons are demons.
'Nids also thrife to war, on the other hand Octavius was, depending on the edition, going for one side or the other. Victory depends on numbers alone in the end.
>>
>>47234459
They decided to retreat after destroying the Old Ones and C'tan which weakened their empire and mortally wounded them as a race.

The Eldar and Orks weren't threats to the Necrons before that.
>>
>>47233715
Necrons are past their prime, they slept far longer than planned. Many worlds were lost through attacks or malfunctions. Flayer and destroyer code is still nibling at their numbers.
Even a necron world awoken is by no means invictible, there's a fun pic depicting the random course of a WAAAGH. They rekt at least one Necron wold.
>>
>>47234431
It's not a perfect world. You have indirectly caused irrecoverable damage to the board.
>>
>>47233826
>Doesn't matter. An awakened Necron Empire controls space and time in the galaxy.
Nope, some necron cult does. The Necron as an Empire do not.
>>
File: Pew Pew.png (2 MB, 1159x811) Image search: [Google]
Pew Pew.png
2 MB, 1159x811
>>47234588
Actually, according to codex, should the Necrons awakened and unite they would be as numerous as the Imperium and it would take an alliance of the lesser races to stop them.

You forget that even with the lose of many tomb worlds, many more have endured. Also you forget that the Necrons possess an arsenal of super weapons (picture related). Hundreds of them.

>Flayer and destroyer code is still nibling at their numbers.

The Flayer and Destroyer curses do not lower the combat capabilities. The Destroyer curse actually makes them more deadly.
>>
>>47234609
>Nope, some necron cult does. The Necron as an Empire do not.

No, the rest of the Necrons do as well. For example, the Breath of Gods was a galaxy creation tool kit of the Necrons that was discovered on a dead Necron world. capable of reforging the galaxy.

Also you have Shield of Baal Necron dynasty whose theme is star destroying weapons. The dynasty sold plenty of their weaponry to other dynasty.

And let us not forget that weapons that the Silent King used to destroy the C'tan. He hid them and can uncover them if the need rises.
>>
>>47234755
Also Shield of Baal dynasty delights in creating space traps that confound and destroy enemy fleets.

Also-Also Orikan created a space temporal just because hew can.

Also-also The Maynarkh dynasty has a device that covered half a sector in abyssal darkness and calmed the Warp vortex that resulted from a star being fed to the Dolmen Gate.
>>
>>47234851
Space temporal anomaly*
>>
>>47234684
>super weapons (picture related)
Pardon me for asking, sir, but what good are snub Bio constructs going to be against that?
>>
>>47232456
Eldar tried to warn you about Horus, but you fucked up big time and got put on the Golden Shitter, so they're happy to watch you die out while they make a REAL god
>>
>>47233605
So they went back and started benching pylons
Everything worked out in the end
>>
>>47235062
That Titanic Might ain't just for show, kids.
>>
>>47233765
No different than humans purging settled worlds for themselves during the Golden/Dark age of Tech
>>
File: Phaeron Imotekh.png (659 KB, 301x871) Image search: [Google]
Phaeron Imotekh.png
659 KB, 301x871
>>47235062
For a while. The Ultramarines caught the attention of the Phaeron of the dynasty.
>>
>>47234977
Nothing.

At best they can hope to be good target practice.
>>
Because it is mankind's destiny to rule the stars - and rule them alone.
>>
>>47234684
You forget that every faction in 40k is utterly fucked forever. Eldar are doomed and know it. Tau are doomed and don't know it. Orks fuck themselves as much as everyone else. Chaos is just pure fuckery. Tyranids know nothing but EAT. The Imperium is everything wrong with humanity to the millionth degree. And necrons are dead. DEAD. A bunch of screwed over never-was has-beens.
The only one having any real success at all is fucking Malal, and he's the chaos god of self-destruction. Go figure.
>>
>>47235474
> Well, the necron doesn't consider a small Mycetic Spore to be any threat, or they'd have a tighter defence. An analysis of the plans provided by Lictor Leia has demonstrated a weakness in the battle station.
> The approach will not be easy. You are required to swarm this trench and crawl the surface to this point. The target area is only two meters wide. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A large enough rippers swarm will be able to devour it from the inside until a chain reaction start which should destroy the station.
>>
>>47230645
....Why did they send a Culexus Assassin after a Tau? He's going to blast that tau with the biggest anti-soul bolt he can suck out of his pariah brain and that ethereal might feel a slight eerie chill for a moment.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 250x180) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 250x180
>>47230567
No
>>
>>47236256
>le tau are pariahs
they sent a culexus against the highest priority target because unlike the other assassins, the culexus is functionally invisible to all sensors thanks to the etherium, including electronic ones

he can literally walk onto an enemy transport straight to their headquarters without anyone noticing
>>
>>47236535
Which is bullshit by the way.
>>
>>47236578
assassins are bullshit

they're the spookiest spooks that ever spooked
>>
>>47233651
Sure anon, allying with three dozens planets of aliens would definitely absolutely eradicate the corruption of a million that make total, complete, perfect sense.
>>
>>47236256
Except that's not even close to what would happen
We have actual pictures that show space popes body gaurds in extreme pain because the culexus was just near them. And then he killed the space pope.
Don't believe every thing you read, tau are not completely unaffected by the warp
>>
>>47237896
You

see

>>47231017

Nobody stated that the Tau will cure the corruption of mankind. Open the 7th ED rulebook and read the section about the "waning", notice that the Xenos and Chaos invasions are ravaging the Imperium and are causing it to decline. Militarily, they need all the help they can get.

And by the way, the Tau Empire are more than a hundred worlds.
>>
Nobody is even able to eradicate orks on an infested planet without basically destroying the surface, how would teaming up help anyone?
>>
>>47233580
>Bullshit
ayy lmao
>>
>>47230579

Yet, here you are.
>>
File: Bipartisanship.jpg (79 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Bipartisanship.jpg
79 KB, 250x250
>>47230670
>GW are wrong

Not wrong: stupid.

It's canon that the Crons have an "orrery" that could destroy all of Tauspace in a trice if it was just dusted carelessly. This is the tryhard underage edgelord refrigerator art levels of awful 40k fluff has come to, but it's in a fucking codex, so it's canon - no matter how stupid it sounds to adults. Pffft! As if. Where the fuck would roboskellies even GET a trice? In space? At THIS hour?

Best thread on the internet, though. You guys all just keep on arguing.
>>
>>47230567
Why doesn't NATO team up with Russia and China to wipe the Muslim menace off the face of the Earth?
>>
File: Wut.jpg (104 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Wut.jpg
104 KB, 512x512
>>47230567
>Allying with filthy xenos
Not even Chaos allies itself with xenos.
>>
>>47232226
>fully intact STC is basically the Ad Mechs win state
>the speranza is literally docked on mars
Its like having the keys to the door in your pocket.
>>
File: ebin pic.png (30 KB, 634x566) Image search: [Google]
ebin pic.png
30 KB, 634x566
>>47232600
fugg
>>
>>47230567
>iom + eldar + tau v orks

Yeah, nah. Better:

IoM manoeuvres the arrogant space elfs into exterminating the beta as fuck blue commies, while Mars develops grimdark ant traps to lure all Hive Mind fleets into a black hole and some green as grass chapter is tasked with finishing-off the last Eldar. They Neither will be missed. Meanwhile, Chaos and Orks agree that krumpin' is, indeed, best fun, and work together to tour the galaxy, staging planet-wide Krumpfests as they go, until the Krump Games become the number one entertainment franchise in known space. Then, every year, the Krumpers will invite the IoM to send their own champions to the various Krumplanets for an annual Krumpocalypse Megabash.

Good End.
>>
>>47230567
>why doesn't the Imperium team up with the eldar?

Gee, I wonder. Definitely no history of them randomly stabbing people in the back because they're two timing scheming bastards who will destroy an entire planet because some fuckwit had a fever dream that his 3rd cousin twice removed would get a papercut if they didn't.

You must be the kind of guy who trusts his ex when she says "no really, I've changed! I promise not to fuck other guys behind your back and randomly flip out one day and break half your shit because I'm crazy. Honest, it won't be like the last 3 times I swear!" Because that's the eldar except with shuriken cannons.

>why don't they team up with Tau.

Because they don't want the guard getting any ideas that they could join someone else that views them as slightly less expendable. Plus the tau are the only race actively getting their shit pushed in by orks last I checked, which is a big deal since the poor orks seem to be the punching bag de jour for GW. Not to mention the fact that the dumbasses haven't even figured out FTL yet, so they're not going to be of any real use outside their home systems.
>>
File: Whining.jpg (51 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Whining.jpg
51 KB, 250x250
>>47247497
>punching bag de jour
>orks
>not chaos

Reminder:
Tourneys are a clump of HIV-positive cancer cells infected with Ebola,
since the factions are mathhammered thus:

1. Taudar
2. Marines
3. Neocons
5. Everything else, except
9. Chaos Marines

Thanks, GW.
>>
>>47247497
>Because they don't want the guard getting any ideas that they could join someone else that views them as slightly less expendable. Plus the tau are the only race actively getting their shit pushed in by orks last I checked, which is a big deal since the poor orks seem to be the punching bag de jour for GW. Not to mention the fact that the dumbasses haven't even figured out FTL yet, so they're not going to be of any real use outside their home systems.

You haven't read any Tau fluff in the last decade have you? Why comment when you have zero knowledge you just appear like a total jackass.
>>
File: 9xwGP85.jpg (327 KB, 700x1690) Image search: [Google]
9xwGP85.jpg
327 KB, 700x1690
>>
>>47248073
I kinda feel like GW will only take action to fix game balance when their stock price goes below 100.
>>
File: 1457118241772.jpg (179 KB, 601x500) Image search: [Google]
1457118241772.jpg
179 KB, 601x500
>>47232524
And you wuld do the same. And both sides know that.
But at least Chaos or whatever enemy that "alliance" chose would be delt with.
>>
File: Statue.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Statue.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>47248238

Disagree.

Their M.O. has always been to just blunder along doing whatever pops into their microcephalic little melons from day to day with zero regard for past or future. If balance IS addressed at any point, it will be because some New Guy in the studio mistook it for his job, and managed to finish drafting the Mystical Formula before being sacked. Also, if GaW slips under 100, they'll almost certainly remain true to form and just blame their underperformance on someone - anyone - else. Anything else would be otiose ...
>>
>>47233495
Man Emperor always has Farshight left
>>
>>47244627
>Alliance table in rulebook:
>Orks & Chaos: Allies of Convinience
>Tau and Chaos - same
Ya wot git
>>
>>47248689
gotta sell them chaos minifigs somehow mane.
>>
>>47233011
Balance rather than fluff. Doesn't really matter if you don't do it.
>>
>>47232695
You under estimate a fully intact STC dude, and just how powerful it is: Suddenly, every forgeworld ever will be able to equip their troops with shit like never over heating rapid fire plasma guns, fucktons of baneblades, titans even bigger than fuck imperiators that can duel capital ships in orbit, black hole guns, more Kastellen/Castellex than you can shake a stick at, and fucking time travel/total electronic control. All the while, these things could be made faster, cheaper and overall better.

They would practical gods, rivaled only by the Necrons and the influence of Chaos. Any semblance of balance in the imperium would be lost
>>
File: 39.jpg (619 KB, 1132x1731) Image search: [Google]
39.jpg
619 KB, 1132x1731
>>47233011
>>47249424
Chaos is now basically just another rival faction to the Necrons. If members from both sides meet and happen to have cause for allying against a common foe, it's possible that they would, assuming they're each willing to ally with anyone at all. At the very least, it's not much crazier than Necrons allying with the Imperium - and certainly a step up, sense-wise, from Space Marines (formerly) being Battle Brothers with the Tau.

You can compare it to how in 2nd edition Genestealer Cults could explicitly ally with Chaos, and only Chaos, despite each side seeking total dominance for their respective brand of faith/corruption:
>The points allocated for Support are used to buy allied troops, weapons and vehicles. The Tyranids themselves cannot be expected to help the Cult, in fact their arrival will signify the end of the Genestealer Cult as it is reabsorbed into the hive fleet. The only allies who will join with a Genestealer Cult are the forces of Chaos, who are all too willing to help others spread anarchy so that Chaos will ultimately triumph. The alliance of Genestealers and Chaos is at best fragile and will fly apart the instant that victory is in sight.

Necrons being anti-Chaos was really more of an Oldcron thing, due to the C'tan's abhorrence of the warp. During the 13th Black Crusade they even prioritised the destruction of Chaos forces over the Imperium and Eldar, though their main purpose there was to eliminate the last two Blackstone Fortresses which had been in Abaddon's possession since the Gothic War.
>>
File: Shadow.png (1 MB, 1882x776) Image search: [Google]
Shadow.png
1 MB, 1882x776
>>47251936
>Necrons being anti-Chaos was really more of an Oldcron thing, due to the C'tan's abhorrence of the warp. During the 13th Black Crusade they even prioritised the destruction of Chaos forces over the Imperium and Eldar, though their main purpose there was to eliminate the last two Blackstone Fortresses which had been in Abaddon's possession since the Gothic War.

Considering what we have seen the Gothic game, that has not changed.
>>
>>47252163
A rogue C'tan Shard acting on its own. Obviously nothing to do with the Necrons themselves, as Necrons can never be controlled by C'tan Shards because protocols. ;^)
>>
>>47252323
>A rogue C'tan Shard acting on its own.

Doubtful. The C'tan shards weren't shown to be intelligent enough to weave such ploys. Obviously, the C'tan shard is being controlled by the Necrons.
>>
>>47252408
Then why isn't there an even bigger shadow behind it of a fat skeleton with Mickey Mouse ears?
>>
>>47248157
Well yeah, haven't played since 6th,back when farsight's enclave got its shit pushed in by the war of dakka. I'm guessing they've reversed it in typical GW fashion and now farsight's fighting back the entire Waaaagh singlehandedly with a rubber band and 3 retarded midgets?
>>
>>47253270
>when farsight's enclave got its shit pushed in by the war of dakka.

Farsight lost the first battle of the War of Dakka but he returned to defeat the Waaagh! and kill the warboss.

The ashes of the warboss are inside a glass ball in Farsight's office.

6th ED has plenty of examples of Tau wining major victories against the Orks like the Great War of Confederation.
>>
>>47230567
>Implying the orks can ever be wiped out at this point.

Better question is why doesnt the ork menace team up to wipe the imperium, eldar, and tau off the face of the galaxy?
>>
>>47231908
underrated idea
>>
>>47253613
They tried with the Beast Waagh! To know how it failed, follow the Beast Arise series.
>>
>>47230645
Imperial numbers with Tau weaponry would be pretty fucking insane.
>>
>>47253674
they failed when they deployed the ambassadorks
>>
>>47253726
Nah, the Vulkan led Imperial assault on the Ork homeworld is what made them fail.
>>
>>47253613
>Better question is why doesnt the ork menace team up to wipe [anything] off the face of the galaxy?
That's not in their best interest. Orks like to fight and kill other stuff besides other Orks. They thrive on conflict.
Driving any of the other races to extinction would make no sense at all for them and they also don't tend to think in those dimensions.

I mean Orks even have this culture of paying homage to enemies that fought well enough to ear their respect as warriors. Yarrick was a hero to the Orks as much as to the Imperium.
>>
>>47230567
Because orks reproduce by dying. The only way to actually get rid of them is exterminatus.
>>
>>47253859
and flamers or possibly somesort of daemonphage or necronanite. As long as young kill off the spores you're as golden as the Emprah's shitter
>>
>>47230591

You're thick if you don't see how Farsight + Webway + Tau tech + Imperial numbers is a game winning combo. They literally cover everyone's weaknesses.
>>
>>47232456
HOW'S THAT CHAIR FEELING AFTER TEN THOUSAND YEARS?!
>>
>>47236535
Which is exactly what he did. And when he revealed his presence pretty much all the guards died of fear
>>
Is it grim? Is it dark? Is it profitable?
>>
>>47259104
Is it coming over the hill? Is it agonizingly alone?
>>
>>47230567

Racism and Xenophobia.
>>
>>47250597
Oh, I'm fully aware of the power of an STC.
That doesn't change the fact that if the ad mech abandons the imperium, the imperium goes bye-bye, which means the emperor goes bye-bye, which means warp storms and daemons everywhere.

Everything the ad mech gains from a full STC would be for naught if that happens.
>>
>>47230567
Another one of these heretical bread about why the glorious Empire of man have to lower themselves to the like of filthy, grovelling xenos to combat yet another insignificant xeno race.

>>Exterminatus<<
>>
>>47232566
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS
>>
Because the Imperium is racist and stupid to a cartoonishly level. Even from an xenophobic point of view the smart course of action is to partner up and let the lesser races do the heavy lifting or use the opportunity to stab them in the back.
>>
>>47230567
How new are you? It is the Imperium, anyone from the Imperium would shoot the xenos on site then go pray to the emperor. This is made very clear constantly. No one in this setting would be willing to be nice to the other faction long enough to team up but just long enough to let someone else kill them.
>>
TAU EMPIRE TO BATTLE GO SEVER SKULL OF THE ADVERSARY SHOVE IT UP THE POO-POO HOLE
>>
>>47265902
FULFILL (MANIFEST) DESTINY OF THE SOUL
Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.