[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After the dragon having been slain, your party approaches his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
After the dragon having been slain, your party approaches his hoard of gold. Upon further investigation you find out that all of the coins are made of chocolate covered by a magical preservative "golden" tinfoil.

How do you proceed?
>>
>>47224368
that's a boring and dumb cop out. sell them, I guess. chocolate is valuable in pseudo-medieval Europe, right?
>>
>>47224368
Eat chocolate, save magic foil for using or selling.
>>
File: feast.jpg (39 KB, 600x439) Image search: [Google]
feast.jpg
39 KB, 600x439
>>47224368
Feast
>>
>>47224368
Punch my GM in the dick. A dragon's hoard is not the time or the place for a cheap "GOTCHA!"
>>
>>47224368
How common is chocolate?

Because there is value in goods even outside precious metals. If you are inside a trading circle or if the good is rare in the area, you could trade it away at a premium and get a pretty copper out of the deal. Be sure to put it on the party's first priority list, ignoring other DM hooks, until they figure out that they can't just screw the party out of a reward like that.

>B-But the party is supposed to participate with the DM in taking the plot hooks!
And the DM is supposed to participate with the party in assigning a reward. If the party wants to get their money out of the "reward" they have been handed, then it makes little sense to be running around stabbing goblins when they could instead be trading their valuable and/or perishable good for something worthwhile.
>>
I think you're missing a major point here. Where did he get the chocolate from?
>>
>>47226088
The paraelemental plane of chocolate, of course.
>>
>>47224368
>massive supply of magically preserved chocolate
I suggest we open a bakery and strive the become renowned as the makers of the greatest chocolate pastries in the kingdom. Gone are our days as directionless wanderers, now we adventure with purpose in search of the greatest wheat to grind into delicate and fine flour, eggs of the most legendary beasts that can be whipped into meringue literally lighter than the air, and golden honey from city-sized hives that is supernaturally sweet yet not cloying.
Dare you enter my mercantile realm?
>>
I don't know. Take out a dreidel?
>>
You cannot even conceive of how much chocolate I'm going to eat.
>>
>>47227010
>Dare you enter my mercantile realm?
Yes, yes I will.

>>47227032
>Take out a dreidel?
I like you.
>>
>>47227010
>now we adventure with purpose in search of the greatest wheat to grind into delicate and fine flour,...
I would play in this campaign without a second thought.
>Find the dreary lane Muffman's secret muffin recipe, lost for 10,000 years.
>find the place where the milky way meets the world to collect the most heavenly of milk.
>>
Find a way to see how much the gold tinfoil costs in the gold market and sell it for cash and give all of my chocolate to da children

Problem solved
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.