[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: your most daring PC plans that actually worked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: hail mary.webm (2 MB, 600x324) Image search: [Google]
hail mary.webm
2 MB, 600x324
ITT: your most daring PC plans that actually worked
>>
>>47215872
I once played as a really pissed off Witch Hunter who had a monumental beef with a Knight of the Inner Circle

So what I did was I went to his Quarters at a village we were housed in and made all kinds of checks to write perfectly in his hand writing in his journal and forged several pieces of evidence of him wanting to claim the Skaven are real to the entire Empire.

I then decided to dig a tunnel in his floorboard through the basement of the housing that was provided, I ended up cutting through some stone with a helpful dwarf that I hired and crawled hands and knees.
While also doing that I asked the Dwarf if there were any Skaven colonies nearby and he dug into a portion of it which I planted a long-fused explosive into the ground to wake up the Ratmen below hoping they would see the tunnel above.

After that I waited about 4 days or so for the Knight to come back before I traversed the tunnel into his room and went up stairs carefully and tried to not wake him up as he slept on the second floor, I opened his door and shouted "THE SKAVEN ARE REAL!" and immediately the other hunters and masses that didn't want the villagefolk to know this came knocking at the doors in the house as I covered up the tunnel I came through with some stones I roped to the ceiling so I could cut it beneath the grounds even if it did look suspicious.

As I crawled through I lit the fuse about half-way and let the Skaven do the rest of the work that was needed until I ran out of Town and reported it to my fellow Middenheim Witchhunters
>>
>>47215872

>Evil wizard puts castle in middle of burned, flattened plains
>is currently trying to summon a demon lord, then control it with an artifact mcguffin he uncovered
>PCs are tasked with leading the charge of the kingdoms army
>the Wizards got like a million skeletons, and a couple of Giants to protect the walls
>the basic idea is that the army will charge, and the party will slip in in the chaos
>instead The fighter with magical items to increase AC and health instead says he can charge, and distract the undead army
>thatsretarded.jpg
>he's RPing a goodie goodie who doesn't want the army to get itself slaughtered when his idea could work
>he explains that while he's riding around on a warhorse, party could use the Druid to move the earth and tunnel under the walls, even destabilize them and then let the army charge through the hole
>fuck it, could work
>he charges out holding a lance with the countries flag on it
>immediately starts getting shredded
>giants working like a trebuchet, skeles shooting arrows
>fighter is just getting nailed with arrows, eventually makes it 3/4 of the way, planting the flag as a signal
>we charge out, a Druid, a barbarian (me), a ranger, and a wizard
>we get half way before the skeles notice us, and some are shooting at us
>a few volleys in, I catch a crit arrow
>still alive, say half OOC and half IC "Would've been great for some fodder for all these arrows"
>laughs were had
>we get to wall, ranger shooting back, wizard doing some illusion to keep us hidden
>Druid earth shapes, I dig with shovel
>we're under the wall, and actually get through to other side
>meanwhile the fighter just took a fucking Boulder to the everything, is making death throws
>player says that his goodie goodie finally got the death he wanted, up to us to signal and finish the charge
>oh balls we forgot to pick up the flag
>ranger is still out ranging the skeles, grabs flag and throws it at the wall, signaling army to charge
>we keep digging
>cont
>>
>>47216179
>manage to destabilize a small part of wall with Druids help, him using spells me a pick axe
>fighter meanwhile has rolled a nat20, awake with 1hp
>he has no fucking clue what to do. Getting up will get him shot, but he doesn't want to stay down. Decides to wait for the army and find a medic
>we come up in the middle of the "castles" courtyard
>health potions and charge to the inner area
>after a 1 hour battle (IRL time) we kill the wizard, the fighter ended up being forced to the back of the charge to be healed, and try as he might, only got to us in the last round of combat
>ranger died in battle with evil wizard
>the fighter says "I fucking told you it would work" as he manages to get to the alter and stop the summoning by breaking random shit

We were all relieved it actually worked, though kinda upset that our ranger died. I skipped the battle in the story because it really wasn't interesting. Just a bunch of "you fools are too late" bullshit from the BBEG, and a fairly normal battle.

While green text doesn't convey it, we were seriously worried the entire time. We thought the damage we took from arrows was gonna fuck us over with the wizard battle, but we managed to hit him a few times while he desperately tried to finish the summoning.
The fight was a little anticlimactic.
>>
File: 1446196587513.gif (795 KB, 245x168) Image search: [Google]
1446196587513.gif
795 KB, 245x168
>group I'm DMing for is preparing to infiltrate and then neutralize a dangerous gang of thugs who brandish katana’s, fedoras, and have a love of “Eastern Plays”
>before it all happens the druid buys a "fleetfoot" potion that triples one’s running speed for two turns. Gives it to the sorcerer "in case you gotta turn tail and save yourself"
>it should be noted that this sorcerer has wild magic and we tweaked it so that every spell he casts above cantrip causes a random effect from a table.
>plan goes amazingly, the Sorcerer really goes all out, tricking the brain-damaged strong-arm of the gang into blowing up half of their hideout using nothing more than an illusion spell (which also triggered 3 magic missiles to appear above his head and just chill there, when asked what they looked like I panicked and said "I dunno, hot dogs.") and a lack of empathy for the handicapped all the while maintaining a flawless guise of being one of the gang members
>the boss-man emerges, the biggest neckbeard of them all, and he's PISSED. He grabs an oversized display sword off the wall and fucks up our druid in one hit. Sorcerer is nearby but doesn’t want to blow his cover, instead he tries to illusion the Druid to safety, it fails and what’s more casting the spell turned him blue.
>He’s out of spells, the druid is one HP from death… the player turns to me with wide eyes “Can I use my inspiration point to take two turns in a row?”
>Sure why not, I wanna see where this goes.
>”I know what I must do.”
>Sorcerer takes out the fleetfoot potion and downs it, in a blue streak he darts past the boss, grabs the druid and uses his second turn to get the fuck out of dodge before the boss even has a chance to react.
>Our blue Sorcerer, surrounded by hot dogs, went way past cool and saved the day from the neckbearded villain
>MFW our Sorcerer became Sonic the Hedgehog in Chris Chan’s Basement.
>>
>>47215872
>be pyromancer
>most of the time my spells do jack shit other than intimidate the fuck out of foes because lol, fire
>regularly have to come up with better ways to deal with opponents
>we're in a castle that's serving as a hideout for a bunch of outlaws
>I'm invisible and moving through the castle, trying to find... something, not even sure what
>long story short, the other PCs get captured and are in a killzone surrounded by crossbowmen
>our "guide" turns out to have been a baddie all along and turns on the others
>things are going south, fast
>find powder room
>grab 2 kegs of powder
>cartoon-style pop one open and make a trail of black powder from the powder room to the place where the party is dying
>place second keg
>yell the code word we've developed for when some shit is gonna go down
>party members abandon combat and begin fucking BOOKING it because they know if the pyromancer yells the word the next few seconds are going to be crazy
>be running,
>enemies a little confused but morale is high because the PCs are retreating FAST
>on my way jumping out of a window on the third story, flick a spark toward the powder keg
>BOOM
>glass explodes and I'm accelerated through the window, the sound of crumbling masonry and quaking ground is audible
>only a second later...
>BOOOOOOOOOOM
>powder room blows
>memory fuzzy but can remember giant pieces of the castle flying every which way into the ruined city
>castle explodes, then implodes as all its supporting structures fail
>another day safe in the mushroom kingdom
>>
>>47215872
I once played a half vampire catfolk ninja in 3.5. His name, M'aiq the liar. The games theme was the village from naussica and the valley of the wind has a mercinary company nearby to protect it. A massive airship from telmekia was coming to kick our asses. We rode the half dragon (who counted as huge sized) to go take it out. Get in and start causing havok, rescing prisoners and whatnot. Everyone looks around. "Where's the cat?" Cat was of planting 40 lbs of simtex in strategic places. Long story short i blew it out of the air and jump to parachute down. On the way my most daring heist yet took place. I lassowed a plane, climbed the rope, shot the pilot and was about to add a Russian mig to my collection of aircraft (along with a not!C-130 and not!heind) suddenly, midair collision, i get eaten by the other plane (sucked into intake) and shat out. Freefalling at -8 with no chute. Half celestial battlebro swoops in to save me and heals me in time to see small city sized airship finally falling from the sky. Hide my tears for my lost plane amid tears of joy as my biggest boom ever worked perfictly.
>>
File: xtfdhhN.png (352 KB, 708x250) Image search: [Google]
xtfdhhN.png
352 KB, 708x250
>playing a rogue
>have a magical silver sword with the spirit of an ancient elf mage inside it
>can summon the spirit from the sword to fight alongside us for a while
>rest of party is a dragonborn druid, a human cleric and an air genasi paladin
>got 2 NPC companions traveling alongside us
>air genasi paladin has been my bro the entire campaign
>always got each others backs no homo
>riding through dense forest to avoid orc army patrols on the road
>suddenly surrounded by barbarian halflings with bows
>fuckers snuck up on us
>they try to get us to surrender our weapons
>like fuck if we’re letting ourselves get captured ever again
>about 40 enemies total, all with drawn bows
>I summon the mage’s spirit from the sword, putting him in front of me
>all the halflings on my side loose their arrows, immediately dispersing the spirit but leaving them unable to attack until they 'reload'
>being a rogue, I have faster movement speed on foot than anyone else
>ditch my horse and leg it past the halflings that just shot
>manage to get away and hide, taking potshots with a bow at the enemies
>other party members barely get to run away in the confusion
>NPC travel companions are instantly killed

cont'd (1/2)
>>
File: jc.png (178 KB, 500x420) Image search: [Google]
jc.png
178 KB, 500x420
cont'd (2/2)

>I run in a different direction from the rest of the party, sleeping on a cliff with a cave under it
>giant eagle lives in the cave, which is why I didn’t camp in there
>cliff is overlooking a lake next to some ruins and the road
>the next morning my party all catches up to me, but they are all exhausted
>they’ve been running for hours on end without rest
>halflings are still after them
>try fail to hide their tracks, halflings slowly approach our position led by trackers
>desperately start brainstorming a plan with limited time
>I’m the only party member who is not completely exhausted and sleep deprived
>druid goes to talk with the giant eagle in the cave
>turns out giant eagles are chill
>eagle agrees to carry 2 of us away in flight, but that’s all he can do
>it’s now or never
>I tell the druid and cleric to go with the eagle
>summon the mage’s spirit from the sword and get him to cast invisibility on the air genasi paladin
>air genasi can hold their breaths for like an hour
>the paladin and I grab onto each other and jump into the lake
>since we’re jumping together, we make only one visible splash
>immediately jump out of the water and start running, since I’m too fast to catch up to
>halflings don’t know there’s someone in the lake
>air genasi paladin stays underwater
>manages not to pass out from exhaustion and he holds his breath for a long time
>eagle flies away with the druid and cleric
>halflings follow me, but I easily manage to outrun and lose them
>mfw it actually worked
>>
>>47215872
ITT: lies
>>
>>47220026
The one right above your post SHOULD have worked, but eventually the persistant fuckers caught up anyways.
>>
File: master plan.jpg (86 KB, 1280x715) Image search: [Google]
master plan.jpg
86 KB, 1280x715
Literally crashed BBEG's battleship with no survivors. Had the best laugh in a while.
>>
>>47220146
storytime?
>>
>>47215872
Players failed to kill the BBEG in my original campaign. In the following post-campaign they used a wish to go back in time and stop the BBEG again, this time with the help of their original characters.
>>
File: sucess.jpg (95 KB, 300x504) Image search: [Google]
sucess.jpg
95 KB, 300x504
>Go to /tg/
>lurk for a year
>post in /gfg/
>Join game

>NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD WORK!

>fank y /tg/
>>
>>47221104
It usually doesn't. Must have been some anomaly.
>>
In a Pathfinder game, my arcane trickster was captured by the BBEG, and was the subject of a rescue mission. While the other PCs were planning things however, she was busy.

After escaping from her cell while the guard was away, she triggered the zombie trap left by the BBEG's necromancer lieutenant. She retreated through the nearest door, which happened to be the guard barracks.
The occupants were surprised to see zombies bursting through the door after her, and assumed they were under attack.
Once the fight is over, a Bluff check convinced them that the necromancer had turned on their Lord, and that they needed to join forces if they wanted to get out of this alive.

When the rest of the party turned up, they found half the BBEG's troops fighting the other half, his Hellknight followers trying to restore order, and a gaping hole in one wall where the stock of gunpowder had been set off. And finally, their missing companion fleeing the necromancer's chambers, having rescued her familiar and looted everything she could carry, all the while laughing her ass off.
>>
>>47217108
Fucking lol. The fuck am I reading? Is this made up pasta?
>>
>>47215872
trojan prostitutes with poisoned beer
>>
>>47215872
>GUYS
>I HAVE A PLAN
>THE HYDRA EATS MEAT RIGHT?
>WHAT IF WE WRAP BLACK POWDER BARRELS WITH BACON
>AND THEN SHOOT IT WITH A FIREBALL WHEN IT GOES TO EAT IT?

It cost almost all of our money to make that happen, and our wizard didn't have fireball, just scorching ray.
>>
File: 1388464088438.jpg (20 KB, 380x254) Image search: [Google]
1388464088438.jpg
20 KB, 380x254
>>47215872
>fighting vampire BBEG
>we've got him on the ropes
>last second, he threatens to basically flip a switch and bring down the entire place (which, due to the magical significance of the structure, would have lasting cosmological repercussions) unless one of us offers him blood to heal with
>offer myself immediately, saying I'd rather help him heal and get away than risk that kind of destruction
>he bites me
>mfw he forgot one of his spies poisoned me some time ago and I'm only standing by way of suppressive magic
>mfw even the DM forgot
>mfw vampires aren't undead in this setting so poison works on them
>>
>Blue dragon ambushes party in desert
>demands any valuables we have as well as food
>dwarf pipes up and offers him some of the special reserve he's got
>its so fucking foul that you have to fort save to not fall unconscious from it
>He takes a swig, burps, and offers the dragon some
>dragon gets a nat 1
we didn't kill it, we just got the hell out of there as quickly as possible.
>>
We wuz fighting a mechanical leviathan in the dunes, and our cleric Teleports me (fighter barbarian) inside it
>>
>>47220021
That's pretty cool anon
>>
>be rogue
>paladin in group gets signet of family, identifying him as kings son
>skip ahead to sewers tracking down some wizard
>suddenly find ourselves being shot at by hired hands
>party evades and escapes, I split and track one down
>get the upper hand, find out what's going on
>theyre after a ransom put on the king's son's head.
>skip ahead some more
>party gets tracked down by bbeg senator trying to kill paladon's kid so he can kill the king and take the kings place or something
>tells the minions he brought to kill us, keep the son's head intact so they can get the reward later
>tell the hired hands "you kill that guy, we'll pay you triple."
>get told they could just kill us and take the money and then get the bounty
>split second decision I impale the paladin's face with my knife.
>huge fucking fight breaks out, slip away and evade, rest of party is kill
>game crashed terribly after that, dm tells me I died
>asked him how and he said I crashed the plane of reality or something
>tell him "CRASHED THIS PLANE WITH NO SURVIVORS"
>never get invited to another game
>>
It was 1999.
I had just become the full hero of dungeon and dragon, and set out of Lannashmark to go on brand new homebrew adventure DM make.
He say, "King greet you and give you sword and 100 gold."
I say "I stab the king."
He say I just ended the game by killing evil wizard bad guy.
>>
We've played a party consisting of two jedi and one mandalorian shortly after order 66. We jumped on the roof of the Imperial Intelligence building from the airspeeder, took it by storm, fought our way into it's heart, deleted records about surviving jedi and escaped on Darth Maul's ship. One of our players also had a duel with Vader there - which he actually won on level 7, purely because he had destiny points to spare, he optimized really well and Vader's statblock is incredibly shitty.
>>
>>47222352
ITT: plan that actually work

Also, let's not turn this into another that guy thread. I'm actually sort of enjoying this
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.