[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is warhammer 40k dead?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: IGArtCodex.jpg (52 KB, 525x360) Image search: [Google]
IGArtCodex.jpg
52 KB, 525x360
Did people just stop playing it or what? The lore is at a standstill, the meta is utterly stagnant, sales are dropping off and its fanbase is dissapearing.

Kind of a bummer, really. Its amazing how warhammer 40k managed to be so fucking smart and so fucking stupid at the same time. Its theme was subversive and seditious, buts its implementation was borderline retarded.

It could have really benefited from some clever writers, there was always just way too much filler and not enough content.

RIP 40k, you will be missed.
>>
>>47210980

It's more alive than it has ever been since the start of 6E.
>>
>>47210980
>The lore is at a standstill, the meta is utterly stagnant

Are you serious? The meta has changed a billion times in the past year due to all the new broken shit and monthly releases.

>sales are dropping off
>10% drop = dead

You wanna see dead? Look at WHFB or AoS. Or any other wargame that's not Warmachine/X-Wing.
>>
>>47210980
Well, the lore has more or less been at a standstill since the great Eye of Terror campaign, when Chaos won and GW decided they were kind of terrified of change.
As far as the company declining, well it's no secret that GW has management problems and was operating on a rather bizarre business model for a long time. Add to that the fact that miniature wargaming is a very niche hobby, and wouldn't surprise me to hear that the company is in a bad way.
Still, the IP will be around for a while and so it will live on as video games even if the company completely tanks.
>>
Sales are dependent on where you look. They're apparently growing really well in newer markets (Japanese, for example) where they originally failed spectacularly. They're also growing steadily in Australia.
>>
>>47211019
> Warhammer Fantasy dead...
> 7000 members on the T9A website
> Players in every major city

But yeah if you think 40K is dead then... wait this is B8. Anyway, give it another 10 years then it will be.
>>
File: 1366537013613.jpg (149 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1366537013613.jpg
149 KB, 800x600
>>47210980
I stopped playing about 6 years ago, when I realized there were tabletop games where your tactics actually mattered. Having an overpowered codex and thrashing an underpowered codex isn't all that fun from either side. I prefer battles to be balanced. 2 Forces should be roughly even (even with completely different units and play styles) so that the outcome of the battle is mostly decided by your tactics (and a bit of random luck from dice)

Army list composition should always be important, but when you get to the point of "this game is lost before it has even begun" or the opposite "there's no way you can win this my friend" it kind of defeats the purpose of playing a tabletop game.
>>
>>47210980
GW's business model has turned into "Fuck everything about our worthless customers, let's just see how much we can fuck them for this gay bullshit" so it's not surprising that everyone I know who played sold off all their shit and now plays either malifaux or warmachine.
>>
The game's always been kinda crap, just people are only now realizing it and looking at the alternatives.
>>
>>47211422
Fantasy is dead as shit in my area. X-wing, Infinity, Kings of War and Warmachine are all bigger nowadays.
>>
>>47211422

It literally is dead. It's not even in production anymore. You can't get any deader than that. And you're trying to say 40k is more dead than WHFB? It doesn't matter how many faggots are still playing WHFB you moron, 40k is still in production and generating millions of pounds in profit.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.