[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've finally gotten around to slightly updating some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: in_our_last_days_by_lpeters.jpg (87 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
in_our_last_days_by_lpeters.jpg
87 KB, 900x900
So I've finally gotten around to slightly updating some tables I made a while back. They're for creating some kind of Mad Max/Fallout-esque Post-Apocalyptic faction/clan. I only added a few more tables, and was wondering what you guys thought. What does it lack? What does it have too much of? What do you want to see? Typos?

Feel free to roll up on it, or we could do that as a thread in the mean time.

http://pastebin.com/UAaG5jbu
>>
Anyone?
>>
File: 1459662403018.jpg (1 MB, 859x1000) Image search: [Google]
1459662403018.jpg
1 MB, 859x1000
Go on OP, Start us off so we see what one looks like. We can go through it as we roll up.
>>
Rolled 26, 80, 23, 72, 24, 54, 19, 39, 47, 36, 78, 31, 65, 69, 80, 96 = 839 (16d100)

>>47209041
Let's see.
>>
Where are the psychic powers
>>
>>47209661
Thanks buddy. Saved us a bunch of time.
>>
>>47209661
>Home Turf
The Wastes. Most of the world now. Dry, dusty, and with a general dearth of liveable land. Settlements are built up around landmarks and along the ruined highways. Long view lines, and easy to get around.

>Genetic Make Up
Wretched. Riddled with tumors and malformations, these poor sods are kept at an arm's length by everyone else. Ugly and deformed, think the Hills Have Eyes. Very high infant mortality and fewer still make it to adulthood. Always in need of breeders.

>Cultural Meta-Group
Tribal. New cultures have sprung up since the apocalypse, some more recognizably linked to the old world than others. Unique expressions of culture and unusual handmade items are the common distinctions for tribals. Usually have an odd accent/manner of speech do to lack of contact. Less “civilized” but often no less savvy to the wasteland than others. Usually looked on with confusion or condescension by groups more tied to the old world.

>Leadership
Democracy/Consensus. A relative rarity in the post-apocalypse, the group has decided that no one individual holds all the power, but generally makes decisions based on everyone's input.

>Cultural Quirks (2 Rolls)
Motor Worship. In a world of vast blasted wastes and monstrous hazards, access to vehicles is the dividing line between life and death for most. Some take this a step further and literally worship their rides as tools of divine salvation. Maybe they revere them like holy animals, wear garb that evokes them, or even takes violent offense to those who mistreat them.
Distinctive Icon. A motif or symbol runs throughout the groups structures, clothes, and vehicles. Maybe it’s a specific animal or object, or maybe it’s something less specific like bullets or flames.

>Distinctive Appearance (2 or 3 Rolls, if you like)
War Paint. When they go to battle, these people paint themselves, and maybe even their rides, in a distinctive style.
>>
>>47209770
Cont.
Leathers. Never ride without your distinctive leather jackets and other assorted biker gear. Never.
Punks. Purple mohawks, side cuts, hockey pads, and piercings. These are your stereotypical post-apocalyptic raiders. Even if they aren’t actually raiders.

>Home Base
Shanty. Built from scrap and detritus. Common, easy to maintain, and provides ample enough defense if you can build a strong wall. Not pleasant to live in by any measure, and not particularly safe compared to some others, but it gets by for most people.

>Unique/Exclusive Resource
Water. The wet stuff. The real lifeblood of the wastes. In short supply, so those that control it are invariably very well off.

>Equipment Quality
Ramshackle. Armor is cobbled together, guns are hand tooled, and houses/clothes are generally not in the best state. Pretty standard

>Motor-Pool General Make Up
Sound Systems. Quality stereo equipment is in terribly short supply, mainly because of groups like this that fill their cars to the brim with it to blast tunes while driving. Which almost inevitably gets them tracked down and blown up. Still, they do sound fucking kickass.

>Flagship Vehicle
Concert on Wheels. Like a drummer boy but way more awesome. Maybe it’s a squad of taiko drummers, an alone shredder on a flamethrower guitar, or an entire outfit of post-apocalyptic metalheads. Whatever it is, you’ll certainly not be going anywhere unnoticed, and it’s a very good way to get someone excited for killing.
I might have messed up but I think I got standard. I use the max roll for the ones that allow you to roll more than once.
>>
>>47209770
>>47209849
This is shockingly coherent, and I made the goddamn tables.

In any case, what would you anon's say to using these to roll up a couple factions (7-8 about) and then build a setting around that?
>>
>>47210051
Yes.
>>
>>47210481
Then toss some dice down.
>>
>>47209041
I got a lot of stupid tables that most people will never use from improvaizen.

Some of them are useful, others are well- kind of pointless.

What kind of tables and charts are you looking for hoss?
>>
>>47210995
Oh fuck. Just about anything. I'm addicted to tables. This is just the first one I made myself.

You run some quests right?
>>
>>47211021
and campaigns for various games.
I have dozens of crit success and crit fail tables.
>>
I'm getting to bed, so I'll bump the thread once and see if it's still up in the morning.

Anyone feel free to save the table and use it as you see fit.
>>
Bumping for interest.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.