[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDH/Commander General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
File: 131.jpg (70 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
131.jpg
70 KB, 312x445
Jund edition

>RESOURCES

http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/
>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

>CARD SEARCHING

http://gatherer.wizards.com/
>Official search site. Current for all sets.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
>>
File: Commanders.png (3 MB, 1712x1014) Image search: [Google]
Commanders.png
3 MB, 1712x1014
Fun times, fun times in Cleveland.

>not actually in cleveland
>>
>>47193044
Your Sidisi deck sounds like the one my friend has, but his is a race to shit out zombies and kill everyone before he decks himself
>>
>>47193095
It is a fun deck, but I don't really feel the need to go full aggro with it. I swing with the zombies I get, but I'm not running lords or anything.
>>
File: Playgroup V.3.png (3 MB, 2472x3276) Image search: [Google]
Playgroup V.3.png
3 MB, 2472x3276
Post em lads
who do you hate?
who would you play with?
who would you fuck and never call back?
>>
>>47193168
I just left a group. My only consistent group is two guys. Nekusar and Crosis. I am the only one with multiple decks.
>>
File: 1320447093595.png (102 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1320447093595.png
102 KB, 800x800
>playing Pimp Daddy Purph
>T1 Mountain into Sol Ring and Jitte
>T2 Mass Hysteria, Goblin Lackey with Jitte pinging to get Krenko on the field

That game was over fast
>>
>>47193194
Damn dude, that sucks. What are you runnin my main mang?
>>
>>47193221
These piles right here:

>>47193044

And eh, it isn't so bad. It is pretty comfy playing with those guys. Another guy has Omnath Rage, but he doesn't show up as often.

As for quitting the other group, I started going to this group that met at a bar in town. But it was maddening, they played gigantic casual games (like 6 or 5 people) but had literally no threat assessment. You'd get these 3-5 hour EDH games that end in a guy just comboing off.

It wasn't fun. Another game, a guy dropped Jokulhaups without anything on the board. Literally every single person had nothing on the board. It accomplished nothing. When people asked what the card did, the guy said "It destroys all artifacts, creatures and... lands. Didn't know it destroyed lands too. Oh well."

Ugh. Maddening. There was a Rhystic Study that people were literally not paying the one for, even when they had 0 cards in hand and 15 lands in play.

Anyway, hopefully, there's this other group that invited me to group me that should work out.
>>
Any fa/tg/uys have any ideas on how to make my Memeoplasm deck meaner?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mimeoplasm-reanimator-battlecruiser/
>>
File: 1455156428904.jpg (50 KB, 281x502) Image search: [Google]
1455156428904.jpg
50 KB, 281x502
>>47193475
>a guy dropped Jokulhaups without anything on the board
>>
File: Foster.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Foster.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
how can i abuse this
>>
File: 1436241243659.png (137 KB, 378x254) Image search: [Google]
1436241243659.png
137 KB, 378x254
>>47193475
I see no piles...
Holy shit that is major suffering. I hope to god your next group isn't just some giant slugfest like the last.
I personally hate any games of EDH that are longer than 1-2 hours. 5 man games I can handle but Jesus Christ I would kill someone before saying yes to playing with more than that without some kind of variant like the Kingdom one or whatever it's called.

>Another game, a guy dropped Jokulhaups without anything on the board. Literally every single person had nothing on the board. It accomplished nothing. When people asked what the card did, the guy said "It destroys all artifacts, creatures and... lands. Didn't know it destroyed lands too. Oh well."

This pisses me off to no end...
>>
>>47193645
by playing evolutionary leap instead.
>>
>>47193729
I actually like long games, but for god's sake, when you tell people to run their most janky deck because we're doing 6 man Planechase, you really don't want the game to end with someone tutoring Basalt Monolith to make infinite mana.

Sorry, I thought since you were running Geralf, the Rings of Brighthearth was for fun things, not this shit.
>>
Where do I find groups that play EDH? I saw some game stores in my area, but all they said they do on their website is play Modern and Standard.
>>
>>47193645
Red has a few creatures with haste that are sacrificed at end of round. Eldrazi Spawn token creatures that can be sacrificed for mana.
>>
>>47194050
They're probably talking about the sanctioned tournaments they run. Call the stores up and ask if they have an EDH night, or if there's a particular night casuals turn up, etc.
>>
>>47193645
Evoke, Echo, Ball Lightnings, Eldrazi Spawn
>>
File: ML_6.jpg (49 KB, 624x375) Image search: [Google]
ML_6.jpg
49 KB, 624x375
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/newdrazi-processor/

looking for feedback. exiling and processing themed.
>>
File: 1425089100586.jpg (12 KB, 200x243) Image search: [Google]
1425089100586.jpg
12 KB, 200x243
Recommend a guy with no ideas and nothing to lose a fun commander.
>>
I was a bit manic sunday night, and stayed up until like noon building Alesha. I have no idea why or if it's any good, and I have no idea if it's actually got a wincon besides "turn sideways for value". I know need to grab that demon that puts people to 1 when it isn't blocked.

Is Alesha even any good?

I have some token guys like Kathari Bomber and Ophiomancer, weird card draw like Paladin of LimDul and Vulturous Aven, removal like Faceless Butcher and Fiend Hunter, and weird/good shit like Stigma Lasher and Raving Dead.
>>
>>47194446
Noyan Dar cantrips&control
>>
>>47193645

Ashnod's Altar
Phyrexian Altar
>>
File: Brion Stoutarm.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Brion Stoutarm.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>47194446
Throwing things tribal.
Commander has never been as fun as when you throw a serra avatar at someone and follow it up by recurring her with karmic guide with double the power the following turn and throwing her again!
>>
File: 210.jpg (79 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
210.jpg
79 KB, 312x445
>Oh hey I have a Sek'Kuar deck, this is my thread
>TappedOut goes down when I go to get a list
Anyone have any good arts that could be used for Graveborn tokens? I just use 3/1 Elementals usually.
>>
File: prometheanmemes.jpg (45 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
prometheanmemes.jpg
45 KB, 375x523
>>47194765
Dice
or you know print these out as tokens.
>>
File: META.png (4 MB, 2484x1430) Image search: [Google]
META.png
4 MB, 2484x1430
>>47193168
Yellow gets kinda butthurt if anyone does anything to interact with him(hence he plays sigarda)
>>
File: melira-pod-e1406513947749.png (175 KB, 391x274) Image search: [Google]
melira-pod-e1406513947749.png
175 KB, 391x274
Ok /edh/ so I have a question on wording/ruling. I run the Melira + Persist + Sac outlet combo in my Prossh deck and I know it works, used it in modern pod before it was banned and in this deck for the longest time. Tonight I was playing with a group and had Melira, redcap and Falkenrath Aristocrat on the battlefield (with some other shenanigans). I didn't combo out right away just in case someone had an answer and to let the game go a little longer for fun. When I finally cracked it after an overloaded cyclonic rift from the Jace player player, he started bitching about how the combo doesn't work because redcap enters with the -1/-1 counter and it's not placed on him. The rest of us and the local judge, who was also in the game, explained that it did work but this guy was persistent and cried about it until he finally gave in because none of us could give him the exact wording on why it works. Now again I know it does but I can slightly understand the confusion with how it is worded. Does anyone have the exact reason why this particular combo works just in case this ever pops up again so my response isn't "It just does fgt!' Thanks in advance

I will post my Prossh list here in a bit, posted it a few times but just did a huge retool and need to update tapped out.
>>
>>47194848
When the murderous redcap dies, it's persist ability triggers checking to see if if has a -1/-1 counter on it. If it doesn't, it then brings it back and places a -1/-1 counter on it-- or at least it would, if Melira wasn't on the battlefield. But Melira states that -1/-1 counters cannot in any way be place on your creatures. Period. End of story. BSZ?-- nope. Skin Render?--nah. Persist is no different. Therefore the redcap returns with no counters on it allowing you to sac it again. Repeat ad nauseam.
>>
File: Bender.jpg (33 KB, 200x148) Image search: [Google]
Bender.jpg
33 KB, 200x148
>>47194832
Oh boy he must be the most fun.
Which one are you (I hope you're Blue, Orange, Purple, or Green since they all seem like total bros.)
>>
>>47195030
I'm blue
>>
File: Commanders May 2016.png (2 MB, 1398x825) Image search: [Google]
Commanders May 2016.png
2 MB, 1398x825
>>47193044
Reki is the shit. A fellow player in our group runs him and he is nothing but gas. The guy always has 5+ cards at most stages in the game and I get to see some favorite obscure legends. Love playing against it.

Got a Basandra list btw?
>>
>>47193194
Speaking of the burger was it like this?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-purger-2/
>>
>>47195127
Auto-correct purger
>>
>>47194848
>>47194993
Check the comprehensive rules for cards entering the Battlefield, I think it mentions how "comes into play with" functions. I'd do it myself, but I'm on my phone.
>>
I need copies 2-5 of well of lost dreams for a deck that has a life gain subtheme. Ideas?

Things that are not putting counters on dudes that proc off of life gain effects.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
>>47194848
>but this guy was persistent
>persistent
>>
>>47195050
You're a bro. Which one of your commanders is the most fun to play with and which one is most fun to play against?
>>
File: prossh.jpg (344 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
prossh.jpg
344 KB, 2048x1152
>>47194993
Ok cool thanks I figured as much but it's nice to have exactly how it works then next time someone tried to pull thins nonsense.

>>47195141
I tried but I couldn't seem to find the exact ruling on it. I'm going to check again later so I have it for future reference.

>>47195345
Ha thanks for catching that I was hoping someone would!

And just in case anyone care here is the decklist. It's pretty much a jund control shell with infinite combos scattered about. I still need Phyrexina Altar to complete the infinite shenanigans.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/prossh-combocontrol/
>>
>>47195443
My personal favorite deck to play is Azami. My playgroup enjoys playing against Ghave or Edric.
>>
>>47195501
>enjoys playing against Ghave

What's it like being that full of shit?
>>
File: waifu.jpg (34 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
waifu.jpg
34 KB, 223x310
any more fun things i can add to pic related already running ulamog's crusher, ulamog's pathrazer and it that betray
>>
>>47193215
Because everyone ganged up on you?
>>
>>47195522
I'm not making it up that's what they actually say.
>>
>>47195522
Some people like playing against strong decks you moron. Some people like a thought provoking game of interactive magic where they stop combos and proceed to pressure the opponent. What's it like being so retarded that you can't understand that.

I bet you think Craterhoof should be banned too.
>>
>>47196048
?*
>>
>>47196047

Sure buddy

>>47196048

I don't give a fuck about Craterhoof

There is nothing thought provoking about Ghave. He is nothing but half of a hundred 2 card combos. I'd rather play against Narset or Wanderer because they're generally more interactive than "oops, another combo xDd"

Ghave is boring shit
>>
>>47196386
I guess you know my close friends better than I do
>>
>>47195752
Void Winnover, Artisan of Kozilek, Ward of Bones, Disc, Darksteel Forge, Overburden, Sunken Hope
>>
>>47195752
>>47196539
Forgot to add Quicksilver Fountain
>>
>>47196386

i feel like wanderer is the least interactive

removal just lets him cascade again
board wipes just let him cascade again
counterspells just let him cascade again

ghave combos are mostly based on artifacts enchantments and creatures so lots of options to disrupt
>>
>>47194724
>Serra Avatar
>Recurring from a graveyard
>>
>>47196386
>Your opinion is objectively wrong
Jesus, and you think that guy was full of shit. Calm down, buddy.
>>
>>47194724
Do you realize Serra Avatar shuffles into library?
I play Stoutarm too, and I can read the cards too.
Don't enforce the fact that Boros players can't read.

Besides, throwing Yosei at someone and Vatting it on death is much more fun.
>>
>>47194505
Alesha is allright, she enables pretty nice strategies. Strong choices are some ETB-creatures, like Bone Shredder. I like Alesha, since the strategies are kinda like with Shirei, but less narrow.
>>
>>47193027
>Junk edition
try harder Orobo Shill
>>
>>47197134
>Boros players can't read
I had a guy windmill slam a Boros Charm a few days ago in response to myself declaring I was targeting 5 of his lands with OG Karn while Mycosynth was on the field. I explained how it works and let him take it back though.
>>
>>47194848
I think that it works about like this:
Melira sees Redcap without -1/-1 counter, and when Redcap dies and the Persist triggers, Redcap returns to the battlefield without the counter, as Melira doesn't allow them, as Redcap is a new object that would come with the counter.
I think that Melira's ability says that -1/-1 counters cannot be placed on your creatures and they cannot have them, even though Melira doesn't remove the already existing ones.
English isn't my first language so just bear with me.
>>
>>47197166
I'm running Mycosynth Lettuce+March of the Machines combo with Master of Etherium in my Memnarch and have too much fun with it.
I have found my calling, I think the premise of EDH is to destroy resources and prevent others from playing the game.
>>
>>47194848
Right there under counter rules.
>121.6. Some spells and abilities refer to counters being “placed” on an object. This refers to putting counters on that object while it’s on the battlefield and also to an object that’s given counters as it enters the battlefield.
ANYTHING AT ALL that means you have to physically place counters onto an object that didn't have them before counts as "placing" counters. Entering the battlefield with counters is no different.
>>
>>47197264
>the premise of EDH is to destroy resources and prevent others from playing the game
You are a toilet person
>>
>>47197264
I've also done quite a lot of this lately, though for a different reason. My local meta has gotten a lot more combo and goodstuff oriented so I needed a control deck to keep it in check, keeping mana up for 2-3 other players spells is near impossible so I figured the best way to stop them from casting spells was to blow up lands.
>>
>>47197166
>targeting 5 of his lands with OG Karn while Mycosynth was on the field
That's harsh. Did he stab your grandma or something?
>>
>>47197383
It was a 1v1 game, he was going to cast Aurelia the next turn, granted he hit another land drop.
>>
>>47197357
Well, it's the most reliable way to win, and besides, I feed on their despair.
I enjoy playing that way. I think it's fun and I get to think.
>>
>>47197406
Oh well you never said it was 1v1, that makes way more sense
>>
I really want to make a deck based on all these new spirit cards. Blue and white are the good colors right? Any advise on a commander for such a deck?
>>
What are some actual wincons for Melek? I feel like he's just cantrips and topdeck manipulation into Grapeshot
>>
>>47197445

Basically. I just generate infinite mana with Filigree Sages and Doubling Cube and use that to copy Sphinx-Bone wand and then just cast and draw and burn and cast and draw and burn and so on and so on until the inevitable heat death of the universe.
>>
>>47197445
Well you just described one of them you dingle
>>
>>47197445
Rite of Replication a fatty
Mystical Tutor for High Tide/Turnabout and go off with Mind's Desire
Fireball for a lot
>>
I'm psyched /edhg/, for today I'm heading back to my Uni to play magic with some old school chums.

It's probably gonna devolve into an awful circle jerk of self-loathing and desire for death.
>>
How much of a dick move would be running shit like rest in peace, cursed totem and torpor orb in multiplayer?

It's not like I would be playing it in a UW control deck with stax effects and no win condition.
>>
>>47197441

Probably geist of Saint traft or brago, depending on if you want to abuse enter the battlefield effects or not.
>>
>>47197755
put it this way, it could be worse. I myself run bitter ordeal in a Phenax mill deck :)

no wincons allowed
>>
>>47197755
They're all permanent types that people commonly run answers for. If somebody can't deal with one and it hoses their deck, their deck is shit anway. There's nothing inherently dickish about any of those cards.
>>
>>47197755
I'm running Armageddon, Torpor Orb, Overburden and Blind Obedience in my creatureless Narset deck.
>>
>>47197755
I never see anyone run Mana Web. Use Mana Web.
>>
>>47198162
Mana Web is glorious in Kazuul
>>
I really want a mana drain for my deck, but I don't want to burn 250 for one. I really hope it gets a reprint in eternal masters.
>>
Thinking about turning my meren deck into little teysa. I like meren but her early game is pretty awful and everyone seems to play her, so half the time I'll play a different deck anyway. How strong is teysa compared? Thoughts?
>>
>>47193027

Just bought a bunch of cards to make Karador, Ghost Chieftan. Is this a good choice for multiplayer commander?
>>
>>47198693
Solid enough. He generates decent value and while he is somewhat vulnerable to GY hate, he doesn't give you incentive to go all-in on your graveyard so you should never be losing much resources if somebody exiles your shit, just rebuild and get value off of Karador again.
>>
File: Playgroup.png (4 MB, 1086x1843) Image search: [Google]
Playgroup.png
4 MB, 1086x1843
>>47193168
Needs updating, but I'm too lazy.
>>
>>47195752
Gate to the AEther
>>
>>47198693
Yes, he's absolutely bonkers. Assuming your meta doesn't run hate too much. Dredge cards are important and useful.
>>
>>47198693
Hes very high power in the right meta. Unfortunately if there is a monoblack player who likes to sideboard he becomes less good.
>>
>>47198693
At least you didn't make him Warrior tribal
>>
>>47195752
Oldamog?
>>
File: dreamer.jpg (285 KB, 1411x1146) Image search: [Google]
dreamer.jpg
285 KB, 1411x1146
Recently build pic related and it is pretty fun, I built it for a french setting like a loser,
I built with more of a dragon idea in mind and opted out of running traditional infinite combos.
>>
>>47195752
>fun
Omen Machine
>>
>>47197769
Thanks. Not a lot of options for spirits right now huh?
>>
>>47203757
If you wanted to be in esper for Lingering Souls and other black spirits that might be strong, but def. a flavor deal breaker from the command zone.
>>
>>47203810
I just like all the trenchcoat ghosts with lanterns. I hope in the next block they get a more thematic commander.
>>
does "mana of any color" count for colorless gatewatch mana?
>>
>>47204809
>does coloured mana count for colourless

Seriously?
>>
File: 1461241386962.jpg (41 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
1461241386962.jpg
41 KB, 500x499
>>47204809
>colorless
>-less meaning without
>without color
>is something that is without color a color?
>>
well that's why i asked. i need wastes mana to cast my eldrazi?
>>
>>47204809
That is wrong based on the rules, on what the word colorless means, and on the design of the use of colorless mana that showed up in Oath of the Gatewatch.
>>
>>47204954
[C] means specifically colorless mana. You can use Llanowar Wastes to cast your Eldrazi, but you can't use a Forest. One can add [C] to your mana pool, the other cannot.
Another example: Sol Ring adds [C][C], which is written as [2] because this interaction didn't exist back then.
>>
>>47204954
there's no such thing as wastes mana. You'd need colourless mana to pay for the colourless cost. Anything that produces colourless can provide it (try Sol ring, or like, any of a shitton of mana producers)
>>
>>47204954
If a thing produces mana, doesn't specify a color, and doesn't say "any color", you're good to go,
>>
File: SF20151208_icon[1].jpg (102 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
SF20151208_icon[1].jpg
102 KB, 768x432
Anyone have any suggestions on what to replace Dark Petition in a monoblack control deck? Specifically something that isn't a tutor or card draw.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/chainer-dementia-master-of-dementia/

I cut Sheoldred for Dark Petition because she was always underwhelming or win more, so I'm reluctant to put her back in. I already have so much card draw, tutoring, mass removal, spot removal. Maybe another win condition like putting Lashwrithe back in? I'm at a loss.
>>
>>47203904
Karador is a super solid Spirit Tribal Commander but you lose blue.
>>
>>47193027
This art and the Garza Zol art feel like throwbacks to old Magic, it's neat
>>
>>47197445
My favorite option is Turnabout+Reiterate with Eternal Dominion on the stack to steal all decks.
>>
When are they going to make mtgo run on linux so i can finally play mtgo again
i don't want to boot into windows ever again
>>
>>47193044
Basandra, Battle Seraph looks fun.
>Attack into my scary defenders! Muahaha!
>>
>>47205515
Just looked him up. That is a fantastic card, but a large number of spirits are blue aren't they?
>>
>>47205812
That's incredible.
>>
>>47206016
The kamigawa block introduced quite a lot of spirits for every color. Black doesn't give you a whole lot but it does give you Kukushko. Green gives you the Kodama's of center and south tree and a handful of generic tribal effects such as descendant's path. Really the biggest disappointment in the loss of Blue is the inability to run Dragskol Reaver.
>>
>>47206681
Also Lifespinner.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sacred-armory-edh-rw/

How's this Boros deck?
>>
File: Illusionist's Bracers.jpg (69 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Illusionist's Bracers.jpg
69 KB, 312x445
>>47194724
so if I copy his ability with Illusionist's Bracers, does Stoutarm deal the damage twice, or am I sacrificing 2 creatures?
>>
>>47206987
Saccing the creature is the cost to the rest of the ability. you'll get the damage twice.
>>
>>47206987
Damage twice. Bracers copies the ability, not the cost

If you want some turbo jank, Rings of Brighthearth, Strionic Resonator and Kurkesh can copy his ability multiple times
>>
So just to be clear, there is absolutely no way to remove an emblem unless you hit the restart button correct?
>>
>>47207037
>Strionic Resonator
Wait, I thought it only worked on triggered abilities, not activated.
>>
>>47207447
The resonator is copying the bracers' ability
>>
>>47207447
Bracers and Rings of Brighthearth both have triggered abilities
>>
How do I make her into a Bant enchantment deck?
>>
>>47207495
who
>>
File: Jenara.jpg (34 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Jenara.jpg
34 KB, 223x310
>>47207495
forgot pic
>>
File: 2000 yard stare.jpg (293 KB, 468x490) Image search: [Google]
2000 yard stare.jpg
293 KB, 468x490
>>47207447
>Bracers copies Brion
>Rings copies Brion
>Resonator copies either Bracers or Rings
>Kurkesh copies Resonator
>copy of Resonator copies either Bracers or Rings

alternately
>Bracers copies Brion
>Resonator copies Bracers copying Brion
>Rings copies Resonator copying Bracers copying Brion
>Kurkesh copies Resonator copying Bracers copying Brion
>>
>>47207475
O I C
>>
>>47207523
shes actually the epitome of Voltron
>>
>>47207547
So what about building her as a semi voltron and semi pillowfort deck? With as many auras that give +1/+1 for every enchantment I control? Think it could work?
>>
File: 1327603227318.png (10 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1327603227318.png
10 KB, 400x400
>>47207527
What the fuck
>>
If abhorrent overlord attacks with blade of selves do the clones add to the devotion?
>>
File: legendary homies.jpg (384 KB, 960x561) Image search: [Google]
legendary homies.jpg
384 KB, 960x561
Does anyone here collect legendary creatures? I absolutely love it

>>47207570
Don't know until you try it!
>>
>>47207570
of course
>>
>>47207614
Sure does

When a token that's a copy comes in, everything gets copied, down to the artist name and the copyright text in the bottom left
>>
>>47194765
I've been meaning to build Sek'Kuar for a while now. Any recommendations on what to do or where to start?
>>
>>47207527
>tfw infinite reflection doesn't copy equipment or enchantments
I always hated this but I guess you have to make that shit a little gimped for balance.
>>
File: 174.jpg (66 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
174.jpg
66 KB, 312x445
>>47207653
Mine's been really successful just by nature of being one of the only truly aggressive decks in my meta. Here's my favorite tech with it, other things I'd recommend are Undying/Persist and Evoke effects and good sac outlets.
>>
>>47207680
I mean if you have a way to make big mana in there and have a Voltaic Key you can go infinite with the damage

Obviously too many moving parts to ever actually work but it's fun to think about
>>
>>47207727
Thanks man that looks damn strong. Evoke looks fun too.
>>
>>47207727
FUUUUCCCK. I need some of those to replace the kavu lairs in my bear deck.
>>
File: Image.jpg (28 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
28 KB, 223x310
Help me out here, folks. I'm going through Databases of cards now but add anything you think might work.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/masumaro-first-to-try/
>>
>>47208452
Mikokoro, green Beacon and Avenger of Zendikar so the "draw equal number of creatures" aren't as dead, Howling Mine, Font of Mythos.

Lately /edhg/ is brewing a lot of Kamigawa stuff isn't it? I tried Shimatsu earlier today on Forge.
>>
>>47208608
Oh, Horn of Plenty, Horn of Greed and Seer's Sundial
>>
>>47208608

I just realized this mother fucker had NO DECKS on edhrec. Just wanted to embrace my inner hipster and see if I couldn't brew something up.
>>
>>47208452
Soul's Majesty
>>
File: 74.jpg (61 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
74.jpg
61 KB, 312x445
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/waifu-tribal-1/

Fun project I've been working on. Can you guys recommend cards with cute girls on the artwork?
>>
>>47208639
Shimatsu has about three, if edhrec is right.

There are lists for all Kirins and not a single Myojin, I should put my Seeing Winds list up there. I don't know why I build those lists, it's so hard to get a hold of Kamigawa stuff here on South America for some reason.
>>
>>47208713

Oh man, I knew this card existed. I just couldn't remember the name.
>>
>>47208725

Oh, I meant Masumaro. Guy is a ghost. Shimatsu is just silly enough that I think he'll work.
>>
File: cromat.jpg (60 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
cromat.jpg
60 KB, 480x680
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-07-15-voltron-cromat/

Cromat Voltron/Stupid Cycles deck

Looking for any good additions/more dumb cycles. Thinking about taking out the landcycling creatures for something.
>>
>>47208750
Yeah, I was mentioning Shimatsu just for comparison. The Maro cycle has almost none too (Kiyomaro, Kagemaro and Masumaro have zero, Adamaro has 4, Soramaro 2-3).
>>
>>47208720
Couldn't help you unless you make your decklist public.

Anyway, this could help you. http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/magic-general/opinions-polls/334781-the-most-beautiful-women-art-poll-19th-week
>>
>>47208783
The Embrace cycle from Urza's Saga?
>>
File: 21.jpg (70 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
70 KB, 312x445
>>47208854
I'm a dingus. Should be public now.
>>
Since we're all posting Tappedout links, can I get some opinions on my Grixis combat trigger deck?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/might-of-the-triggers-1/
>>
File: 33b.jpg (63 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
33b.jpg
63 KB, 312x445
>>47208882
Yeah, from that mtgsalvation link, Knight Exemplar, Avacyn Hope, Hanna judge promo edition, Earthbind revised ed, and picture related if you swing that way
>>
I play almost exclusively beatdown decks, and find my expensive fatties being removed on a very regular basis. Wondering if you guys know some good scaling sac outlets I could incorporate into my decks to take advantage of this?

ie,
>Greater Good: Sac a creature, draw it's power in cards then discard 3
>Bloodshot Cyclops / Brion Stoutarm: Sac a creature, fling it at the enemy
>Ghoulcaller Gisa: Sac a creature, get it's power worth of 2/2 Zombies.

>>47208898
It looks fucking fabulous. Dunno about the ninjas, I want them to work but man ninjas are so bad. Otherwise, I wish I could add more, but I feel I'd just make the deck worse, this is a very cool idea

Also great to see someone putting effort into the tappedout description. 10/10 worth the time I spent reading it
>>
>>47208898
Maybe consider a Rogue's Passage and an Artful Dodge for a consistent source of "combat damage to a player" triggers
>>
>>47209392
>>47208898
But otherwise I do think this looks real nice, good work
>>
>>47209165
Ok, have a decent idea now. The blue god. 4cmc and hard to remove, free scry, and makes your stuff unblockable on demand.
>>
>>47209490
>The blue god
Her name is Thassa
>4cmc
It's 3cmc.
>hard to remove
It's called "indestructible"

How new are you?
>>
>>47209512
Literally the only thing wrong with his post was missing her CMC. The blue god is just as good as her name for identification purposes, and hard to remove not only covers indestructibility but the fact that she's also not a creature most of the time, which makes her harder to remove.

Eat shit.
>>
File: 1444342559241.gif (524 KB, 320x239) Image search: [Google]
1444342559241.gif
524 KB, 320x239
>>47209564
>>47209490
>>
>>47209165
>>47209392
Thanks, descriptions are fun to do when I'm interested in the deck. I wish I could make room for Slip through Space, Artful Dodge and Distortion Strike but cutting cards at this point is like choosing which kid you leave behind in a house fire.
>>
File: 1415420460844.gif (1 MB, 300x223) Image search: [Google]
1415420460844.gif
1 MB, 300x223
>>47209564
Wow dude calm down.
>>
>>47208878

Looks nice but I think I'm going to go with the Tarkir Runemarks. Feel more in line with the demigod Enchantments
>>
>>47209564
blue god guy here, not this guy, but gotta say I kinda agree with the sentiment.

In our playgroup, its all "the haste ally", "the loot goblin" and "the flash kills everything angel" etc.
>>
File: Image.ashx(7).jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx(7).jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>47209165
>>
File: 3.jpg (96 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
96 KB, 312x445
I was just going through my collection and realized I have lots of really good humans so I have decided to build Thalia white weenie/human tribal. Is there any super secret tech I should know about?
>>
>want to build an edh deck
>see one commander that i like and decide i want to make one around them
>end up seeing another that i like and decide i want to make one around them

HELP
>>
>>47210332
just stop and build one
>>
>>47210332
the slope is slippery, anon.
>>
>>47210220
Yes, she should be a stax commander instead.
>>
>>47210332
Get one built up fast, start setting aside cards you have to build the other ones, they'll piece together eventually.
>>
>>47210548
yeah I guess I'll just stick to slivers for now since it's the one I have most of.
>>
File: 300_tutors.jpg (40 KB, 400x275) Image search: [Google]
300_tutors.jpg
40 KB, 400x275
QUESTIONNAIRE:
How many tutors is too many tutors?
What is your opinion of tutors?
Are tutors that are limited in scope more acceptable?

I personally don't like tutors. They make it feel like your opponent is playing with 1 less card in their library.

I don't think that limited tutors are unacceptable, but ones like demonic or vampiric just drive my tits in.
>>
>>47210676
Monoblack player here. I run five unconditional tutors and three conditional tutors. Tutors are fine.

It helps that I don't play any infinite automatic combos, though.
>>
>>47210676

tutors are really powerful and i think there is a balance in terms of how fun they are

on the one hand, they enable consistency, and one of the least fun things in magic is having a deck that CAN do amazing things but the stars rarely align and the cards dont come together at the right times. if you think something weird can work, tutors can let you try it consistently

but also you probably want a little variation in your games so you dont want to be too consistent
>>
>>47210676
Not the biggest fan, but if used responsibly they can lead to fun games.

From a competitive point of view, I think they're terrible. Shit just becomes tutor tutor answer combo. So boring
>>
>>47211048

>From a competitive point of view, I think they're terrible. Shit just becomes tutor tutor answer combo. So boring

?? how is that the "competitive view"

sounds like the casual view
>>
>>47210676
>How many tutors is too many tutors?
I personally don't care how many tutors someone plays.
>What is your opinion of tutors?
I think they're perfectly acceptable
>Are tutors that are limited in scope more acceptable?
pretending that tutors that only search conditionally are better is just silly
>>
>>47210676

No such thing, unless your big ass combo you're turboing into folds to counterspells
They're amazing, and I start decks with Commander, Sol Ring, Boots, Duals, Fetches, Pains, Tris, Tutors before anything else. Then I'll drop tutors depending on if I need them or not.
If that's your thing

EDH is a singleton format, you need the consistency you can get. If I'm running blue, I'm throwing in Brainstorm, Ponder, Preordain and relevant transmutes. The only thing wrong with tutors and fetches is that they take 3 minutes out of the game in shuffling
>>
>>47207731
I don't know, 2 cards work directly with Brion, and another 2 work with either of them - and you can have up to 4 of each of these. You might not get the full combo off, but you'll likely draw something that'll multiply Brion's damage multiple times.
>>
>>47210506
I have never actually made a stax deck. Much less a mono-white. It seems like something I would love to do.. got any suggestions on where to start? Got a decklist?
>>
>>47210008
Wow, that is pretty sweet. Will definitely give it a spin.
>>
File: muh_generals.png (660 KB, 1276x547) Image search: [Google]
muh_generals.png
660 KB, 1276x547
>>
>>47211515
tappedout and mtgsalvations has plenty of Stax lists. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/list-of-edh-staxgroup-slug-cards/

But be forewarned, it is highly competitive but not fun for everyone else at the table at all, and of course, expensive to build.
>>
>>47211689
Nice anon. Got a list for Alesha?
>>
>>47211724
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/allies-of-alesha-1/
its complete shit, but its fun for shits and giggles (which is why its still mostly proxies)
>>
>>47211689
lemme see that meren list
>>
>>47205474
> I already have so much card draw

You really don't. You have 10 to my 12. I would keep it or replace it with something like Moonlight Bargain.
>>
>>47205474
Also, cutting Sheoldred was not a bad choice at all. I did the same when she proved inconsistent. You might consider Erebos or Grave Titan.
>>
>>47205474
I know you didn't want a draw spell, but have you considered Siphon Mind?
>>
>>47205474
Altar of Demetia seems bad.
>>
>>47210676
They are perfectly fine in a 100 card singleton format. Some decks really need the help. Do you feel the same about card draw? Like they are playing with X fewer cards in their deck?
>>
>>47214833
I think it's pretty good in a Chainer deck. Free sac outlets are always good and you can mill yourself to increase the targets for Chainer, or sac your reanimated creatures in response to Chainer getting killed.

Also, thematic.
>>
>>47215101
Good point. I hadn't thought of that.
>>
What are some black cards that benefit from having lots of creatures? Whether to sac them or anything.

Sort of hard to search for. I'm looking for more synergies with black exalted.
>>
>>47215248
Devotion cards are a good place to start. Things like Erebos, Grey Merchant of Asphodel, and Nykthos.

I usually build with the idea that I will not be allowed to have a large board presence but that's a product of my particular meta.
>>
>>47207619
yep, I do to, but I just moved and I can't seem to find my binder. all I have left beside the ones in decks already is Lyzolda :(
>>
>>47215321
Yeah, it is admittedly true here as well. My Nefarox deck is a bit weird. I am thinking of adding more "if you control exactly one creature" cards. The reasoning is that despite exalted being mostly on creatures, once they wipe my board, I will likely draw another shitty exalted dork. If there's anything exalted CAN do is turn a shitty utility dude into a useful attacker, much in the same way a Deadly Wanderings can.

I am super pleased I thought of Black Convoke. There's only one good card with it though, the rise from the graveyard.

Clearly a low powerlevel deck, but I still want to cut some of the stuff that doesn't suit it mechanically. I want more black and colorless stuff to do with my guys who aren't attacking.
>>
Has anyone had Gravestorm backfire on them? Has... anyone even run Gravestorm? I like the card a lot and since I have a monoblack deck now, I can finally run it.

It is pretty kind graveyard hate, but it seems fun.
>>
>>47215547
It's a fun but outclassed card. If your aim is to hate on the graveyard, it's extremely narrow and weak. If the object is to draw cards, there are no less than three, 3 mana enchantments in black that will consistantly do that. If your aim is to fuck around and have fun, mission accomplished.
>>
>>47215620
I guess my fear is that someone will use it to selectively prune their graveyard for effects like Deadbridge Chant. Which is absurd, I know, but I wonder how often that happen.

I run Phyrexian Arena. MVP last night. I went to 10 after twenty turns of it, but I had a full grip all game meant even after someone death clouded for 6, I had ten lands in play.

I think I also run Underworld Connections. I dunno. I'll try it and see, I guess. The only other graveyard hate I am considering right now is Carrion Beetle, Withered Wretch and that Agent of Erebos.
>>
Gwafa Hazid mind control - yes or no? Steal people's big threats and bribery counter the stuff they manage to keep. With stuff like Ghostly Prison for protection
>>
>>47211689
>>47213817
Seconding this
>>
>>47215760
Sure. Be sure you have control cards for people whose game plan does not involve big, targetable dudes.

Tokens, graveyard recursion, general combo, etc.
>>
>>47215655
You do get to choose who may exile a card from their graveyard. Just don't target the guy with Deadbridge Chant.
>>
>>47215878
Fair enough. Also, ugh. There aren't any decent Black devotion cards other than Gary. I could run the demon, I guess. I hate Gary so much.

It is just my irrational hate for Exsanguinate. Funny, because I am fine with extort.

I am adding Infernal Tribute anyway. That shit sounds genuinely fun.
>>
>>47215655
I can vouch for Underworld Connections. It takes some getting used to as you have to adjust to having one less mana at your disposal for the purposes of continuously activating it. IF want to continuously activate it. The control it affords over when and how much you draw is a distinct boon and having to tie up a land in order to draw is worth it. Just don't forget about strip mine. If you suspect LD, just install it when you have enough mana to keep the land you enchanted untapped.

Pro tip: Put it on a basic. Always.
>>
>>47215833
So pack some countermagic and grave hate?
>>
>>47215964
Haha, I run Tectonic Edge, I know.

I'm considering Ichorid right now. He works with exalted pretty well. And with infernal tribute, I could get a fairly reliable engine going. He's also one of those classic old cards, which is great for a deck running shit like Spirit of the Night.
>>
>>47216036
And removal. Somethings generate value without attacking.
>>
>>47216036
Just, you know, generic UW control stuff. It is just that Gwaba or whatever can't deal with every strategy and neither can mind controls.

Also, be aware that you will get a lot of hate. A lot a lot. If there's anything an EDH player hates, it is getting their general stolen. Especially by a UW deck, a symbol of control.
>>
>>47216052
I understood that refrence.
>>
>>47214911
I don't think the two are comparable. Card draw is still dealing with the randomized order of your deck. Tutors nab something from your deck right away.
>>
>>47216037
Dark Prophecy will trigger off Ichorid. Something to consider.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 312x445
>>47210676
Not a fan. But hyper specific tutors are my favorite thing in the world. Much like hyper specific counterspells.
>>
>>47216052
Which is what the pillowfort stuff is for. I'm considering some hexproof creatures too along with Odric 2.0 to grant the stolen stuff hexproof
>>
>>47216249
I might need a bit more life gain in that cause. My deck is too slow to not end up dying to four Phyrexian arena effects.

I also hate stuff like Gary, so it would half to be something like lifelink or Under the Floorboards.

I do like that combo. Suitably janky and triple black. I was so sad I couldn't run that card in Lyzolda.
>>
What are the best fatties to play in Mayael? Looking for a focus on white and part-white creatures, since I already have a lot of the Gruul fatties from my now-disassembled Intet Deck. I'm just very ignorant of what stuff white has to offer as well.
>>
>>47216286
You really need to push past that disdain for life drain. Gary is amazing in a deck that can sac and recur him with suitable devotion on board. If you're drawing so many cards that your life total becomes a concern, exsanguinate starts to look very appealing too. Punch opponents + net card draw fodder/ get back in the game? If it resolves and it's big enough, I win? Sign me up.
>>
>>47216357
My thing is small turns. You should win over the course of several turns, so people have time to draw an answer and you don't invalidate the rest of the game via one lucky top deck.

I don't think I can convince anyone how good this philosophy is, but it works for me. I get to do things all game, I paint no targets on my head, I get to see all kinds of interactions over the course of a game, no one can get salty and surprisingly, I win much more often than the quality of my decks would indicate. People are wary of the guy who hoards cards all game. People are scared of the people who have huge board states. But when you play a land, play one card, attack and pass, you can more or less relax.

The way effects like Gary scale in multiplayer means it tends to create a massive swing. I know this sounds super super snobby, but I'm not forcing it on anyone. It is just a thing I do probably due to some mental condition, the same way I have to keep all my colors more or less even in a 5 color deck.
>>
>>47216345
Avacyn
Angel of Serenity
Gisela
Sigarda
Blazing Archon
Sun Titan
Iona
Akroma
Baneslayer Angel
>>
>>47216261
Consider Elesh Norn against token strategies
>>
>>47193168
College just ended for me, so no playgroup right now. Whats worrying me is that the head of our group, the guy with the most decks, has graduate, and the next guy in charge is graduating at the end of the fall semester, so we will be down the two guys with the most decks and who are keeping the group together.
>>
>>47210676
I prefer tutors to some of the ways green gets its card advantage.
>>
>>47216036
countermagic, rest in peace, maybe a dovescape if you're feeling extra spicy
>>
>>47216842
Regrowth effects are fun and cute! Fun and cute!

I do find it weird how I hate tutors and reanimator but populating Eternal Witness tokens doesn't bother me. Shows you how stupid my biases are.
>>
File: 1423580618239.jpg (37 KB, 428x500) Image search: [Google]
1423580618239.jpg
37 KB, 428x500
>>47207619
yea my collection is just missing 29 mostly from P3K and legends
>>
>>47216871
Oh man I have a Helm of Obedience in my deck that would really fuck people up with Rest in Peace
>>
>>47216036
Pack a lot of rocks and run Mana Web
>>
>>47217879
And Mana Matrix
>>
Is an Anafenza the foremost mill deck possible? Not good, but possible
>>
>>47218530
Sure. Monoblack mill is hard to come by, but there's some solid colorless ones.
>>
>>47194765
Is there a way to go infinite with this and instantly generate 1 millions tokens?
If so please post it.
>>
>>47218676
There are so many ways to go infinite in those colors. Sacrifice loops are simple. Here's one: have a zombie, a phyrexian altar, a gravecrawler, and Sek'Kuar. Congrats, you're a hero.
>>
File: BroGrabs.jpg (47 KB, 320x306) Image search: [Google]
BroGrabs.jpg
47 KB, 320x306
>>47218743
>Congrats, you're a hero
Thanks man.
>>
File: elite.jpg (64 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
elite.jpg
64 KB, 312x445
I'm thinking of mixing up the tech in my Kraj deck.
Would I be able to use the spell under Archanist, or would I have to impossibly put a card under Kraj?
>>
>>47219156
Yeah, that should work. The ability is still referring to the card exiled by the Arcanist.
>>
Casting Firecat Blitz from your yard for the win is a glorious feel
>>
File: 1399127565479.jpg (85 KB, 523x332) Image search: [Google]
1399127565479.jpg
85 KB, 523x332
>mfw Ghoulcaller Gisa and Lord of Tresserhorn by turn 4

oh I am laffin. Turn 5 sac him for the zombies and turn 6 bring him back just to throw in more zombies. I could keep throwing him in but I have to cast Endless Ranks of the Undead at some point in between all of that.
>>
>>47193645
lab maniac 1 creature deck with a commander you can sacrifice+protect lab maniac
>>
>tfw addicted to building decks
I haven't even finished my Yisan and I'm already thinking of my next one.
>>
>>47219810
I have the opposite problem. I have one very polished deck and I can't seem to find another commander I like enough to build around.
>>
File: brofist.jpg (17 KB, 460x463) Image search: [Google]
brofist.jpg
17 KB, 460x463
>>47218802
Good comeback, I'm impressed by /edhg/ for once..
>Pic related.
>>
>>47219556
I dont think it works, the card is referring to th3 card exiled by its own ability. With Kraj you dont have anything exiled so no work
>>
File: image.png (86 KB, 276x414) Image search: [Google]
image.png
86 KB, 276x414
>tfw you finally get Gamble for your Daretti deck

>tfw you just got a shit ton of extra cash, and you can finally get your Mana Crypt

Anyone else get anything nice for their decks?
>>
>>47220291
I'm not so sure. The ability is referring to the card [exiled by this instance of Elite Arcanist]. I would asume the ability kraj gains is still referring to that instance of Arcanist and subsiquently, the card exiled by it.

Still, the way I understand cards remembered by cards on the battlefield does seem to be in direct conflict with the way I described it above. Kraj isn't remembering the card. Arcanist is. I looked around for more concrete info but only found other dudes assuming it works.
>>
>>47220420
Aw yeah son. Got me a beta dark rit and animate dead. Feels good slapping down the original art with black boarders.
>>
>>47206855
needs sunforger.
>>
>>47220420
Swords and a Jitte for Godo
>>
>>47220420
Finally got a Sigarda for Captain Sisay. Damn it feels good.
>>
File: Playgroup.png (4 MB, 1754x1698) Image search: [Google]
Playgroup.png
4 MB, 1754x1698
B8 H8 R8 MASTURB8
>>
>>47220420
Recently picked up a Blightsteel for Rakdos Lord of Riots. Deck is very close to 100% tuned just waiting for eternal masters spoilers before I grab the last few expensive pieces.
>>
>>47214638
Where are you getting 10? I'm counting 14. It's extraordinarily rare that I ever end up in topdeck mode. That said, card draw is my favorite mechanic, and Moonlight Bargain is pretty spicy, since it can dump guys in the yard for later and dig for answers at instant speed. I'll see if it works out over DP.

>>47214666
Yeah, she was usually underwhelming and lacked synergy with the rest of the deck. Grave Titan is obviously a good card but it's just a decent beater here, which isn't great for the deck. Erebos is interesting; I tried him out for a while but always found him a little underwhelming. However, there is now a solid Oloro deck in the meta and randomly hosing him on a recurrable body that draws cards might be worthwhile.

>>47214748
Siphon Mind is okay. It's solid in 4 man pods without anyone dead but as soon as someone drops (or doesn't have a hand) it's worse than Ambition's Cost or Ancient Craving, even with the discard rider.

>>47214833
It's a combo piece (Gary + Chainer + sac outlet + tons of mana) but also what >>47215101 said. I may be a try hard but not running Altar of Dementia in a deck with a Dementia master seems wrong.

Been thinking of trying Grave Pact in the deck for the devotion and removal aspect, or maybe Overseer of the Damned or some other ETB removal creature for recurrable spot removal. Or maybe Kagemaro?

Late reply cos I only browse this thread at work.
>>
>>47219726

I love Gisa. She's one of my favorite commanders.

Nothing like using Phyrexian Dreadnaught for an army of zombies at the low low price of 2 mana.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.