[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most broken 4E DnD Character?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Zal'narad.jpg (146 KB, 733x1089) Image search: [Google]
Zal'narad.jpg
146 KB, 733x1089
Hey tee-gee. I need help making th e most broken character possible. My DM has challenged the party into making the most ridiculous party ever, because he is trying to kill us from the get go. He said we will be fifth level characters, and can be anything as long as it is related to 4th edition.
>>
Someone will tell him.
>>
>>47175534
>most ridiculous party ever,
>4e

He's already done all the work for you dude. Just pick something at random from the PHB and you're done.
>>
In 4e there is a race that is a vampire, a class that is a vampire, and a vampire template.
So you could be a Vampire Vampire Vampire.

Now, you couldn't get here by 5th level, but you could also be a Revenant with the Vryloka (vampire blooded human) past life, Dhampyr Bloodline Feat, Vampire class, the Avenging Haunt Paragon Path, and the Archlich epic destiny, making you an undead four times vampire ghost lich.
>>
>>47175534
I don't know how good it would be at 5th level, but my DM once showed me a Bugbear Rogue he came up with. Daggermaster Paragon path (so above level 11), he managed to do d10s of dagger damage and had a build that could take down Orcus in a round.

Then we switched to Pathfinder.
>>
>>47176021
That was a REALLY early build that got errataed in week 1 of 4e's release.
>>
>>47175534
Thrikreen Ranger, dual wielding the strongest +3 to hit swords. At least I think it's thrikreen, any str+Dex race should work. Multiattacks are your friend
>>
4E simply does not reach the level of broken that 3.X does. You will be able to make a character that is very good at fighting, but they will not be able to kill everything, unmake the universe, reverse time, etc.
>>
Depends, are you using errata? If not there is a ranger at-will that does W+dex on a thrown weapon, then lets you make a charge. There is another Ranger at-will that replaces a charge with W+dex, and charges are the easiest form of attack optimization. It made you outpace any other form of damage from level 1 to 30, doing more base then most dailies.
>>
>>47175534
Dwarven Battlerager Vigor Fighter

Put everything in Strength and Con to 18

Your At-wills are Crushing Surge and Brash Assault

Use Crushing Surge when you need defense (If you hit you should get 8 temp HP)

Use Brash Assault for damage (If you hit you still get 4 temp hp)

You should be generating 4-8 temp hp per round at level 1.

Take Dwarven Weapon Training and grab a Craghammer (1d10, Brutal 2)

Basically you'll generate 4/8 temp hp a turn depending on what abilities you use and you'll do:

11-18 damage (Crushing Surge)

or

15-22 damage (Brash Assault) each turn

You're nigh unkillable and can kill most anything. The dwarven resistances to slides and immediate saving throws vs. falling prone will keep you from getting controlled too hard.

Note: Don't wear anything heavier than Chainmail, and if you don't want to use a shield use a Mordenkrad (2d6 brutal 1)
>>
>>47177876
I'm an idiot, full version of pic.

I prefer Craghammer and shield because if you have feats to spare the Stout, Resolute, etc shield feats aren't a feat bonus (These feats allow you to add your shield bonus to your reflex, fortitude, will).
>>
>>47175534
The highest single target DPR recorded for level 6 is a bugbear ranger/fighter hybrid mounted on a dire boar.

This is not a good character to use for a heavy gauntlet though, because that boar is fragile, and if it dies, your damage dies.

That said, the best way to make a super-strong party in 4e is to synergise your party. A charging barbarian, rogue or avenger works a whole lot better if there's a warlord who can grant charges in the party. Don't look at what works well on it's own, look at what works well together
>>
>>47177876
The probelm with this build is that it's easily overwhelmed by numbers, due to it's low defenses outside of fortitude, and total lack of burst capability
>>
>>47175534
Bugbear Barbarian
Feat: Master of the Fist
Feat: Hurl Weapon

THROW FISTS
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.