[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question for Magic The Gathering players. I'm looking to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: magic-logo-1.png (455 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
magic-logo-1.png
455 KB, 512x512
Question for Magic The Gathering players. I'm looking to create a deck that can defeat or at least fare well against a blue-control deck. I'm thinking lots of aggro, not sure if there are any pre-built deck examples I can look to or any ideas from anyone else on here as to specific cards needing to be added. Thoughts?
>>
Elves. Black/Green.
>>
>>47146446
Interesting, what element do you think makes them capable? Aggro, early game control, counter-spell?
>>
what format?
>>
>>47146777
Modern.
>>
Play a better blue deck than the one your opponent is playing
>>
What is your budget?
>>
>>47146979
Let's say roughly $50
>>
>>47147175
lol
>>
>>47146398
Could you give us a run down of what he's running? Modern's a pretty wide open format and there's lots of counters for anything if you're laser focusing a single deck.
>>
Which format you playing?
If it's standard/limited, i'm not fully "with" the metagame, but otherwise try:
Alara-era BRG "Jund" deck, nothing over a 4-drop, pack it full of aggro. AGGRO AGGRO AGGRO

Lorwyn-era BG Elf Token deck, swarm him with potentially a hundred+ tokens which are all buffed from lords/coat of arms

Mono red super burn deck. Every single low-cost burn spell you can find.
>>
>>47146862
>>47147175

on that budget it's a bit difficult, but some green ramping decks exist to literally blow up blue control. look up "valakut breach" to maybe get some ideas. other than that, thrun is a big "fuck you control" card that's especially strong when you ramp him out to play in turn3 already, or anything related to aether vial / cavern of souls. but those are expensive.
>>
>>47146862

Pretty much every deck in modern shits on control as control's best counterspell is remand. You can even play janky stuff like bogles or mono g stompy and it will crush any m...much control player.
>>
I mulling over making a Blue/White Spirit deck for Standard.

I usually get my shit wrecked by Blue control, so I figured I would give it a go.

Any suggestions for the control side of things?
>>
>>47146398
Morgan, why are you on 4chan?
>>
>>47147554
Blue sucks right now in Standard
Only reason anybody is playing it is because they've already bought Jaces. Black is a better control color.
>>
>>47147667
Is it better to focus on removing cards from their hand, or creature/permanent removal do you think?
>>
>>47147838
You would need to do both since Black lacks the counterspells of Blue.
Duress and Transgress the Mind are cheap hand disruption, and there's tons of creature removal of course.
Black also has a few spirits if you're planning on going hard on the synergies
>>
>>47147838
>>47147891
oh and don't forget to include something to deal with plansewalkers too, Ruinous Path or Anguished Unmaking or something
>>
>>47147891
>>47147904
What about Black/Blue and maybe go with some Zombies for creatures? Then I could have the best of both controls.
>>
>>47147667
Kind of weird, really. Negate is a huge beating in this standard. I run 3 maindeck, and it's been damn solid.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.