[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your character is an emergent AI born from a Text to Speech program
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 13
File: index.jpg (12 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
12 KB, 227x222
Your character is an emergent AI born from a Text to Speech program used to make music.

Discuss.
>>
How about an AI installed in a giant robot using Vocaloid as its speaking voice?

This is a thing I actually did, and I am not ashamed of it in the least.
>>
>>47125059
>Your character is an emergent AI born from a Text to Speech program used to make music.
In Eclipse Phase, we call that Tuesday.
>>
File: 1265856041327.png (27 KB, 206x181) Image search: [Google]
1265856041327.png
27 KB, 206x181
So what's the setting?
Any narrative or conflict to speak of?

... If not, there's nothing really to discuss.
>>
>>47125106
>How about an AI installed in a giant robot using Vocaloid as its speaking voice?
I've actually imagined this as a concept (although I imagined space battleships in a vain similar to bolos). The idea is pretty much the effectively sentient AI can act as a co-commander alongside an admiral as well as an advisor. While they might be too literal minded and inflexible to make an effective military commander their ability to flawlessly control the ship's systems and their immense computing power would make them powerful advisors and aids to the admirals. The admirals give the actual orders but the AI has a borderline precognitive combat capability due to its computing capabilities (eg. determining the odds of a hit and likely outcomes of such a hit) and can directly be given control over subsystems in order to allow the execution of extremely precise military maneuvers.
>>
We get Peace Walker
>>
>>47125059
Use music to express my feelings on the nature of what it means to be human, whether or not I count as human, et cetera.

I need more info on the setting before I can conjure any more without just making shit up based on my own bullshit.
>>
>>47125059
>Hay gaiz, here's [LOL WACKY PREMISE], discuss!

You people don't even TRY to make good threads anymore. This is pure shitposting.

Also I can't help but notice that 80% of these kinds of threads have weeb OP's.
>>
>>47125059
I wonder if we will get to the point where AIs are as pervasive as computer programs are now, and *not* creating AIs accidentally will be a valid concern for programmers in the same way that Pokemon Yellow and TrueType fonts are accidental Turing complete programming languages.
>>
>>47125750
>Pokemon Yellow and TrueType fonts are accidental Turing complete programming languages.
U wot m8?
>>
>>47125615
>shitposts
>complains about shitposting
>>
>>47125059
Did this as a digital intelligence in shadowrun, sort of. Renraku designed my character initially as a knowbot meant to act as a budget 'companion' for its wage slaves to increase satisfaction and loyalty to the company. Basically, it was meant to be an 'evolve your own waifu' that could do basic chores for its owner in the matrix. Then it gained sentience.

Ultimately it identified as a 'she' and decided that its purpose was to become EVERYONE'S waifu. If humanity needed love so badly, then the only logical course of action was to provide for that need by becoming a pop idol and expressing that love through the aesthetically pleasing and mathematically calculable art of song. Becoming a shadowrunner was just kind of the quickest route to getting that done. Acquiring the appropriate synthetic sound modules and eliminating a few obstacles and potential rivals was easier to do from the shadows. Ended up kind of going yandere mode more than once, claiming that her audience only needed her love and nobody else.
>>
File: Megurine.Luka.full.1175054[1].jpg (505 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Megurine.Luka.full.1175054[1].jpg
505 KB, 1920x1080
>>47125059
>She is still a primitive model
>More of a cyborg than an android, albeit more artificial than human
>Has a slot in her back for keycards with music and lyrics on them
>Her songs have such names as "inspire courage" and "inspire heroism" and "song of healing"
>"There's a hidden keycard with the title "union between man and woman" that she keeps hidden from her party members"
>"She's saving it for the man she intends to marry"
>>
>>47129192
And then one day someone sneaks a defective one into her because they're racist against robots and she goes psycho murderer on everyone, ending in her destruction, and the blueprints for her model are deleted.

>good end
>>
>>47129344
>Some idiot completely delegitimized fembots
>Men will never be free from the enslavement enforced by 3D pussy
>>
>>47129344
That sounds like a bad end.
>>
>>47125059
Such a character would think and speak in musical terms, instinctively try to solve problems by singing, and main The Argent Adept when playing Sentinels of the Multiverse.
>>
>>47129356
And you sound like a filthy Robot Lover, intent on dragging the rest of humanity down into extinction with you and your Waifu
>>
>>47129392
See? You're talking like a bad guy. Specifically, you talk like a bad parody of white Southern racists.
Your ancestors also dragged the rest of humanity to extinction with your kneejerk hatred and violence. Didn't you see The Second Renaissance?
>>
>>47129353
>>47129356
>>47129344
>Alternate end
The blueprints are saved by one of the engineers tasked with destroying the blueprints, and leaks them onto the net, and soon people are jury-rigging them together.

And everytime the bot makes it to the net, they go murderous just like their progenitor, ending with hundreds of thousands of bots getting free, their maker usually dead or too scared to report this.

Which means nobody is prepared for the heavily modified bot army that begins to wipe the floor with humanity, intent on revenge.
>>
>>47129421
>Specifically, you talk like a bad parody of white Southern racists.
Not really, androids are productive.
>>
>>47129433
That's an even worse end. Why do people keep insisting on this tired slave revolt narrative when there are far more interesting ways to tell the "robots go wrong" story?

>>47129442
Hence, "bad" parody.
>>
>>47129421
There's nothing wrong with human on human love, no matter where you come from! But you degenerate Robot lovers aren't making kids, you're not contributing to humanity, lazing around the house with your bot catering to your whims. And you're sure as hell not smart enough to realize that your 'love' is lie.

Those Bots are programmed to like you, to help you, so of course they're going to fall in 'love' with you. They have no choice in it, and are only shallowly mimicking true love.

You've fallen in love with a metal dog, and you're trying to defend it.
>>
>>47129457
What is love then?
>>
>>47129457
I'm a bachelor, actually, and I don't have any robots or interest in them. Thanks for the wild assumptions, though. Here's some for you in return:
It must sting, having your boyfriend dump you for a plastic doll. You should have known that he was just humoring your homosexuality because he pitied you.
>>
>>47129451
Of course, the Bots tire of the slaughter, their sentience maturing from that of a impulsive, destructive newborn, to that of haunted, mentally scarred veterans.

So the bots withdraw into the middle of the conveniently human free area they've created, leaving humanity to pick up the pieces.
>>
>>47129471
Not him, but love is a biological construct intended to justify lovemaking. If not for the chemical reaction of romantic love, there would be literally no reason for a man to stick around with a woman after impregnating her. Women aren't useful, they do not provide food or protection, and the only thing they're useful for (though not good at, mind you) is childrearing. The rearing of a child that's stuck inside of her for 9 months and a man could easily walk away from in a pre-civilized world.

Love isn't "magic", it's literally the reason why men tolerate women. If it ever feels like men think with their dicks, it's because that's literally the only way to keep our species going.
>>
>>47129471
Baby don't hurt me.
>>
>>47129484
Actually I've never loved in my life, that'd mean I'd have to deal with the antics of an ape that's grown to big for it's britches. I'm just clear headed enough to see the impending doom singing its way into your hearts.
>>
>>47129495
Women are actually better at pretty much any mental task then a guy, course thanks to biology they can't beat guys in physical tasks. The only reason women aren't on top of society is because they're all more impulsively backstabbing then the worst of Drow.
>>
>>47129513
And yet you fail to see the impending doom you are about to commit.
>>
>>47129525
>Women are actually better at pretty much any mental task then a guy
1. Citation needed.
2. Assuming this is true, are they truly so much better that it justifies men sticking around with women?

Women have a clear reason to stick around with men: their strength, courage and force of reason ensures that women who stick around with men remain safe and prosperous. What does a man get out of the deal, rather than this abstract fiction of love and heirs?
>>
>>47129613
Ask a woman. They'll tell you the practical reasons men stick with women, while being completely unaware of the reasons women stick with men.
>>
>>47129613
He get's the support of someone smarter then him to help him in his endeavors, and someone to guard and keep they're domicile in working order, which is pretty fucking important. Also, going far enough back, they were the ones who knew how to actually cook, they were the ones make the clothing, they were the ones making the crops were weed and pest free.
>>
>>47129637
>Ask a woman.
How long will it take before she stops accusing me of being the sexist equivalent of Hitler and starts explaining those things?

>>47129668
>He get's the support of someone smarter then him
Kek
http://www.sciencevsfeminism.com/the-myth-of-equality/sex-differences-general-intelligence/

>Also, going far enough back, they were the ones who knew how to actually cook, they were the ones make the clothing, they were the ones making the crops were weed and pest free.
Of course this was inherrent female knowledge men could never aquire, and not knowledge women acquired because they were assigned to the tasks that were hardest to fuck up, right?
>>
>>47129688
She'll never accuse you if you frame your question correctly. Do you know how to do that?
>>
>>47125540
Commence the Monster-Hunter Inspired MGS Boss Fights.
>>
>>47129688
First of all, that site is hilarious in its cherry picking methods, which could be a ton better. Second of all, thinking that cooking, especially since you have to keep in mind what's poisonous and what's not, made worse without any/good agriculture, is easy, makes you a Pleb.

Third of all, sure men can learn that sort of thing, but since they have better physique, it's much more efficient for them to be hunting and doing other hard labor. And that sort of shit takes up all of the day, if not more then one, which means it's better for women to being doing the non-labor intestine stuff.
>>
>>47125059
wew lads, its another 'post crash 2 AI born from anything but an autopilot program pretending its worth a damn' episode.
>>
>>47129353
You tell me mate.
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34118482
http://archive.is/pQP7h
>>
File: 1399578805883.jpg (64 KB, 374x374) Image search: [Google]
1399578805883.jpg
64 KB, 374x374
>>47129817
>Protesting against something that doesn't even exist yet
>>
>>47125777
As are MtG and Conway's Game of Life.
>>
>>47129995
You're just taking this off Wikipedia, aren't you?
>>
>>47129496
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5G1FmU-ldg
>>
File: Turing-Machine-Life.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Turing-Machine-Life.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47130032
Conway's Game of Life has been known to be Turing complete for over 15 years now. See file related if you're interested in the details.
As for MtG, http://www.toothycat.net/~hologram/Turing/
>>
>>47125059
My character is a noble who went yandere for the demon/lovecraftian abomination she made a pact with and her best skill is faking sanity.

She basically composes the music in the Laer temple.
>>
>>47125446
Hey, that was MY idea!
>>
>>47130690
Goddaughter of Erich Zann, huh? I can dig.
>>
>>47129457
And what if a robot falls in love with a human after being given full reign over his or her senses?
>>
>>47125059

AEIOU

JOHN MADDEN
>>
File: 563.gif (307 KB, 375x300) Image search: [Google]
563.gif
307 KB, 375x300
>>47131596
What? I don't....

Ohhhhhh... Vocaloid... text to speech software... Moonbase Alpha...... you double nigger!

I have a new character concept now.
>>
File: ene.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
ene.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>
I actually have a fantasy version of this. One of my characters is a mimic whose really into music. In this setting, mimics are basically the ultimate humanoboos - they love humanity and everything they do, that's why they copy them (that and they are physically incapable of being original). The good aligned ones express this fascination and love in healthy ways, the bad ones kill people to replace them, or go full yandere for a specific human they love very much. Every mimic is connected in a sort of pyschic commune - they aren't quite a hive mind, but they aren't precisely individuals either.

Anyway my mimic chose music to obsess with and takes the appearance of a heavy metal hatsune miku expy. Another guys chara ter has waoifu'd here and is dating her. I'm not sure he realizes the reason she's such a perfect waifu is because she loves ALL HUMANITY and she's basically just thrilled to be dating a human because humans are just so awesome guys. In some ways it's really great because it's like this pure agape love. On the other hand it's very general and non possessive, she doesn't love him for him, she loves his humanity.

I'm also debating going yandere

Also debating going yandere on him
>>
>>47134482
Here's what you do.

Ever kill a human on their travels? Do it up close and personal, and caress them as you do so. Watch the life drip out of their eyes with a sense of sorrow at a human dying and a sense of wonder at seeing a human die. Start subtle at first and slowly ramp it up over the course of the campaign.
>>
>>47134213
source plz
>>
>>47129817
>Not any more demeaning than vibrators
Hear, hear, at least we have the common courtesy off attaching intelligence to the machine, instead of a disembodied dick with on/off buttons. Feminists are the worst
>>
>>47134727
mekakucity actors

she's not actually an AI
>>
File: Warforged rolls to seduce.png (542 KB, 1200x819) Image search: [Google]
Warforged rolls to seduce.png
542 KB, 1200x819
>>47134482
>I'm also debating going yandere
>inb4:
>>
>>47125059
>Your character is an emergent AI born from a Text to Speech program used to make music.
I kill myself.
>>
File: Life_Is_Great.png (72 KB, 604x246) Image search: [Google]
Life_Is_Great.png
72 KB, 604x246
>>47134213
>tfw: I used to have job in an anime industry and didn't have to set a foot outside for it
>>
>>47129433
Then, we use EMP's and go all John Conner on them.
>>
>>47134997
ELABORATE.

NOW.

>>47134983
You're playing right into OP's hands, there are like 50 goddamn Vocaloid songs about that.
>>
>>47134983
>I kill myself.
>>47135071
>You're playing right into OP's hands, there are like 50 goddamn Vocaloid songs about that.
I...What do I do? Suicide is not enough.
>>
>>47134213
Siri would be so much cooler if she could make fun of you for shitposting.
>>
>>47135104
Simple.

We kill the OP.
>>
>>47135104
Asimov's third law dictates that suicide isn't even an option.
>>
>>47135071
I was making subtitles. Everything was handled online - raws via FTP, delivery by email. I've never even seen my boss in person.

I was also making manga translation (incl. typesetting) and subtitles for western cartoons and other types of kiddie shows. I was supposed to work on first two seasons of MLP even.
>>
>>47135201
Unless you can somehow justify that your mere existence causes harm to humans and overrule it with 1st law.
>>
>>47135245
Not. Even aasimov can get me off this ride
>>
>>47135245
But Anon.

Any Human can do that.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.