[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Local Gw manager, Sam, mid 30's, is great, awesome guy,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1446415303576.jpg (67 KB, 680x687) Image search: [Google]
1446415303576.jpg
67 KB, 680x687
>Local Gw manager, Sam, mid 30's, is great, awesome guy, friendly, not pushing products on you, free painting lessons, tournaments and competitions all the time
>Suddenly has to "move on" and resigns
>Nobody is found at first to replace him
>Come into store yesterday
>Hipster tattooed guy

We lost a good guy, that young one has a lot to live up to.

Managers/store owners thread?
>>
>>47115061
I know you loved your job Sam, but questioning the direction the company has been taking and voicing your disapproval contradicts company policy.

We hope you will be happy in whatever field you choose to pursue in the future.
>>
>>47115114
I laughed. Funnily enough, he did criticised the company more than once when I was there.
Not that you say it, it might be the reason he had to "move on".
>>
>>47115061
>not pushing products on you

I'd say there's your reason.
>>
>>47115521
High-pressure tactics don't work very well in a demographic like ours where many people have some sort of anxiety disorder or social issues. Pressuring them just scares them off and makes them not come back for fear of being forced to interact with them.

Neckbeards are like deer - you gotta let them come to you on their time. You can lay out bait, but if they suspect that it's bait they're not gonna go for it, and will instead just shit all over your yard and then run away.

not saying it's not a likely reason, just that it's actually a pretty logical approach.
>>
>>47116249
>shit all over your yard and then run away
I get the feeling that's a bit too apt of a comparison.
>>
>>47115061
You're very clearly a reasonable person if someone having tattoos is enough to dismiss them entirely as a human being.
>>
>>47116249
>High-pressure tactics don't work very well in a demographic like ours

Thirty years of research in professional selling demonstrates that it doesn't work at all in any demographic. It just makes you feel tougher while you sell, and makes managers feel like they're working harder.
>>
>>47115114
Kyle?
>>
>>47116249
>demographic like ours where many people have some sort of anxiety disorder or social issues

You think the majority of people that engage in a highly social activity like TTRPGS have social anxiety? Why are you believing in the memes that all sci-fi fans are just awkward spergs? That wasn't even a true stereotype at any point in time.
>>
>>47116777
I have depression. I would not return gladly to a shop with a pushy dipshit in it.
>>
>>47116777
you must be one of those awkward spergs because I would never be seen anywhere with the people at my flgs/gaming group beyond a gaming capacity.
>>
>>47116777
Unfortunately I've seen a lot of people at FLGS with some kinda problem. It's true not all of us are like this but there is a notable ammount. Sterotypes exist for a reason.
>>
>>47116427
>Hipster tattooed guy
>Hipster
You're focusing on the wrong bit, Anon.

Also
>that young one has a lot to live up to
I'd say that's a fairly reasonable and open minded statement. I don't read any judgement on that new guy, apart from the "hipster" bit. Do you?
>>
>GW guy is an amicable, albeit obese, guy in his late 20s
>Pushes product, but not too hard
>Is actually cool to just talk to and has a genuine love for the hobby
>Store's core group of customers is about 15-20 college students and a few locals with a 1/3 split of fantasy to 40k players
>Age of Sigmar happens
>Customers drop down to seven people playing 40k once a week
>manager is fired for lack of sales
>replaced by some 7 foot tall broseph looking guy

Haven't been back in the store for longer than five minutes at a time since. No reason to go anymore.
>>
File: 40000 feels.jpg (35 KB, 500x503) Image search: [Google]
40000 feels.jpg
35 KB, 500x503
>tfw this thread
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.