[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How American is your character?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 12
How American is your character?
>>
>>47111848
>Dumb as fuck psychotic Orc gun nut with 1 LOG
Extremely american.
>>
File: big soldier.jpg (365 KB, 980x1000) Image search: [Google]
big soldier.jpg
365 KB, 980x1000
>>47111848
The other guy pretty much nailed it, but what are some *admirable* traits that can be attributed to americans as individuals?
>>
File: 1200.jpg (98 KB, 1200x680) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
98 KB, 1200x680
>be me
>be DM
>NPC the heroes are trying to save from crazed murdering fallen noble
>NPC is rich, loud elf who's fairly racist against humans
>NPC is also politically vying for the title of emperor
>NPC has issues with the region to the south, believes everyone from there is a criminal
It was an accident.
>>
>>47111848
What does American as an attribute means anyways?
>>
>>47111848
Not even slightly.
>>
>>47111848
Well, he is Ace, the ace pilot of the Ace Squadron and a true American hero!
>>
>>47112846
As an outsider, probably a bit like how the Mos Maiorum were considered the "Roman" way to act, Americans have their own way to act "American". I guess that means respect for the values of the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and its amendments. So whining about trigger warnings, privilege and hurt feelings would be "un-American".
>>
Polish
>>
>>47112528
Oh shit nigga I got you

>American characters tend to be very stubborn, while also attacking problems from multiple angles, including unconventional ones.
>American characters have a strong sense of identity, but are not above integrating themselves into a larger whole and adapting to new ideas when necessary.
>Americans in combat feature fast, hard, brutally effective killing blows. They prefer the lightning strike at the enemies weakest point (goes all the way back to the ancient foe, the Native American, and their methods of warfare).
>American military thought puts the greatest emphasis on preserving human life and the life of their soldiers. While they can and will send men to die, in large numbers if necessary, Americans view the mass casualties of siege and attrition warfare as being extremely wasteful and will only be undertaken if absolutely necessary. Surgical strikes and lightning assaults are much, much more preferred.
>American characters generally don't care about things like race and religious beliefs so long as you're capable of working as a part of the team. If anything, Americans value the additional skill sets and ways of thinking that other races and backgrounds can provide (especially in settings where other races are actually a thing).
>American characters tend to be very straightforward in political dealings, and view corruption and back-scratching with contempt.
>American characters will typically view royalty and unaccountable authority as being illegitimate. While characters won't go out of their way to fuck them over, they also won't bow to them, purely out of principle.
>American characters are willing to put aside long-standing grudges and hatreds in the interest of common goals when necessary with minimal fuss.
>American characters place incredible value on personal agency and individual choice. Americans believe you always have a choice in the matter, and are therefore hard to pidgeonhole into a decision.
>>
>>47113254
This is a actually a pretty sweet list.
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 651x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 651x387
>>47112528
High Morale
They get patriotic over winning battles that lost or didn't contribute to
>>
>>47113139
Kinda related - I'm dating a Polish girl, and when we went to Europe, I had no idea that Polish people were so disliked. In Texas, there is virtually no stigma whatsoever assigned to being Polish.

We had people legitimately mock her to her face, going so far as to throw plates and trash on the ground and tell her to pick it up, because that's what Polish people are good for.

traveling through Britain has done nothing but make me despise the British even more than I already did working as a tour guide
>>
>>47113327
To be fair, no one really "won" 1812. Everyone just kinda forgot about it as a waste of time. US schools barely teach it beyond "got our asses kicked and washington burned. Star spangled banner, andrew jackson won a battle."
>>
>>47113600
>andrew jackson won a battle.

He won it pretty good, though.
>>
>>47113588
Eh, it's like Americans and Mexicans just a tad bit worse 'cause Britbong is kind of a shite country.
Atleast Texas has sunny weather to boot their migration trouble.
>>
>>47113588
Was that just in bongland, or all over?

But yeah, if you're from east of germoney there can be a bit of a stigma.
>>
>>47112891
Nah, being loud and outspoken about your personal beliefs is very much a stereotypical American thing.

American English as a whole is more direct and aggressive than most English dialects (Canadian is about as direct, but not as aggressive). The US also tends to rely on "low-context communication", except in the South.
>>
>>47113703
>Eh, it's like Americans and Mexicans just a tad bit worse 'cause Britbong is kind of a shite country.
Yeah, nah. As a European myself I have to say Bongs are full retards. Poles don't deal drugs and decapitate people in broad daylight. That's the Pakis. Then again, tweeting about Poles won't get you arrested.
>>
>>47113588
This is a pretty recent thing, due to a flood of Eastern European immigrants a few years ago.
The sheer speed and scale of it brought out a lot of racists screaming "They're trying to take over our country" and "They want to take our jobs".
>>
>>47113998
It's not like Britain was a leader in third world immigration in the 1960s or something! Truly immigration from other parts of Europe is the real problem.
>>
>>47113655
Yeah, but the war was technically over when he did so you can't really count it.
>>
>>47111848
He broke into a terrorist compound, blew them up with their own explosives, and took their hellhounds home with him. Also he can talk his way out of any situation and any threat he makes is never taken lightly
>>
File: 1387914585964.jpg (323 KB, 2000x1803) Image search: [Google]
1387914585964.jpg
323 KB, 2000x1803
>>47111848
very
>>
>>47111848
>Big
>loud
>carries a gun usually meant for a tripod
>loves guns
>hates government oversight of his job
As Murcan as apple pie.
>>
Good sir! I don't have time for your petty bickering in these threads! I only have time for progress, prosperity and PRODUCTIVITY! A true man or woman in this modern age is little more than a leech on the bosom of society unless they are striving to their full potential ever waking moment (and a few asleep if they can manage it! Get brainstorming in those dreams you vagabonds!).

So get out of your chair and grab your tools, there's things to be done and foes to be conquered! Right now some vile beasts that drive lesser men to madness are being whispered about in the Massachusetts backwoods that I intend to give a good walloping! Those are proud farmers they're disrupting the work of and no beast from beyond the known stars is going to scare my fellow countrymen into hysteria and mental wards while I've the breath to fight and a rifle to aim!

BULLY!
>>
>>47111848
African American
>>
>>47113254

>Portugese characters tend to be very stubborn, while also attacking problems from multiple angles, including unconventional ones.
>Portugese characters have a strong sense of identity, but are not above integrating themselves into a larger whole and adapting to new ideas when necessary.
>Portugeses in combat feature fast, hard, brutally effective killing blows. They prefer the lightning strike at the enemies weakest point (goes all the way back to the ancient foe, the Native Portugese, and their methods of warfare).
>Portugese military thought puts the greatest emphasis on preserving human life and the life of their soldiers. While they can and will send men to die, in large numbers if necessary, Portugeses view the mass casualties of siege and attrition warfare as being extremely wasteful and will only be undertaken if absolutely necessary. Surgical strikes and lightning assaults are much, much more preferred.
>Portugese characters generally don't care about things like race and religious beliefs so long as you're capable of working as a part of the team. If anything, Portugeses value the additional skill sets and ways of thinking that other races and backgrounds can provide (especially in settings where other races are actually a thing).
>Portugese characters tend to be very straightforward in political dealings, and view corruption and back-scratching with contempt.
>Portugese characters will typically view royalty and unaccountable authority as being illegitimate. While characters won't go out of their way to fuck them over, they also won't bow to them, purely out of principle.
>Portugese characters are willing to put aside long-standing grudges and hatreds in the interest of common goals when necessary with minimal fuss.
>Portugese characters place incredible value on personal agency and individual choice. Portugeses believe you always have a choice in the matter, and are therefore hard to pidgeonhole into a decision.
>>
>>47114778
I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish here, unless you're implying that the Portuguese steal everything from everybody else.
>>
File: BusTed.jpg (182 KB, 1180x786) Image search: [Google]
BusTed.jpg
182 KB, 1180x786
>>47112704
>crazed murdering human noble
I think you mean Cruzed
>>
>>47114778
This is a conservative, low IQ, underage image board. Let them have their fun, son.
>>
>>47113730
Pretty much all over, France and Britain especially.

Honestly, I enjoyed some parts of Europe, but I got more than my fill of the place. Too much White Mans Burden and low-key racism for my taste, and barring Germany and Poland (which was surprising) really felt overblown and overrated.
>>
>>47114680
Now this is American. Godspeed Mr. President.
>>
>>47114838
Brit here, my personal reason on why we have so many assholes is the people who would be gangbangers in America can't get weapons over here to make themselves look tough, so instead they're just assholes.
>>
>>47114817

See >>47114837
>>
>>47114778
>Portugese characters have a strong sense of identity,
no one in Europe has had a strong sense of identity since WWII.
>>
>>47111848
Well he's from America so he is American
>>
>>47114960
Kek
>>
>>47114907
What? You're saying Americans can't be different, or that all of these characteristics can also be applied to Europeans as well? Because in my experience, that last part is most certainly not true.
>>
>>47111848
I mean, he's from a fantasy world without an obvious USA analogue so not American at all I guess.
>>
>>47114960

Tell that to UKIPpers.
>>
>>47112846
Really friendly.
Like, too friendly.
I thought there was just a bunch of gay guys in America because how friendly all the men were to me.
>>
>>47111848

My character is not "overweight", nor obsessed with race, neither is proud of ignorance. Or gives a flying fuck about religion.
>>
>>47113588
To be fair, I didn't know Polish were disliked either until exposure to other cultures. Hell, at the Chancery in Victoria, they have a beautiful stained glass of Poles setting up their colony in the region, right next to the Spaniards' missions and other interesting events.
>>
>>47111848
Playing Through the Breach right now, so my character is literally American. He is patriotic as fuck. He talks like a cross between Dirty Harry and Sling Blade. He wears an armor-plated duster and armor-plated cowboy hat. He intentionally mispronounces "Malifaux" as "Malifox." He also thinks that all these gremlins need Jesus.
>>
>>47114960
Congratulations on correctly spelling Europe. You've exceeded my expectations for the median level of insight. I bet you even have a passport.
>>
>>47112528

If you want to make them distinctive, you have to have positive and negative traits together.

"Hard workers" and "Close culturaly solidarity" aren't distinctive, for example, but "Hard workers to the point of a death by overwork mortality rate problem" and "National solidarity, but a desire to conform stifles innovation, entrepreneurship and development of disruptive business models" and you know exactly what country I'm talking about.

Unless you're not a weeb which case get off our damn website you filthy 9gag recon teams.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 320x422) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 320x422
>>47113855
>mfw old south gentry

I've had hour long conversations where literally nothing of any importance or value was said.
>>
American is sort of big category. There's AMERICAN American, where you're playing the country writ large ie Broforce.
If you want to get deeper you could go for a particular region ie Atlantic Seaboard, Appalachian, inland North East, Tidewater, Cajun, Bible Belt, Rust Belt, High Plains, Coastal Californian, Inland Californian, Texan, Urban Texan, Cascadian, etc.

t. Damyankee
>>
>>47113855
There's also "Minnesota niceness," where Americans have gotten so good at not saying what they mean that their words are just so much static and all real communication is done through slight twitches of the eyes or something.
>>
>>47114817
>>Romanian characters tend to be very stubborn, while also attacking problems from multiple angles, including unconventional ones.
>>Romanian characters have a strong sense of identity, but are not above integrating themselves into a larger whole and adapting to new ideas when necessary.
>>Romanian in combat feature fast, hard, brutally effective killing blows. They prefer the lightning strike at the enemies weakest point (goes all the way back to the ancient foe, the Native Romanians, and their methods of warfare).
>>Romanian military thought puts the greatest emphasis on preserving human life and the life of their soldiers. While they can and will send men to die, in large numbers if necessary, Romanians view the mass casualties of siege and attrition warfare as being extremely wasteful and will only be undertaken if absolutely necessary. Surgical strikes and lightning assaults are much, much more preferred.
>>Romanian characters generally don't care about things like race and religious beliefs so long as you're capable of working as a part of the team. If anything, Romanians value the additional skill sets and ways of thinking that other races and backgrounds can provide (especially in settings where other races are actually a thing).
>>Romanians characters tend to be very straightforward in political dealings, and view corruption and back-scratching with contempt.
>>Romanian characters will typically view royalty and unaccountable authority as being illegitimate. While characters won't go out of their way to fuck them over, they also won't bow to them, purely out of principle.
>>Romanian characters are willing to put aside long-standing grudges and hatreds in the interest of common goals when necessary with minimal fuss.
>>Romanian characters place incredible value on personal agency and individual choice.Romanians believe you always have a choice in the matter, and are therefore hard to pidgeonhole into a decision.
>>
>>47113254
This is actually pretty good. Sure, they have their downsides, but most of this list fits American ideals, if not perhaps individual Americans themselves.
>>
>>47115201
It really depends upon where you go, but yeah a very common trait is loud, friendly, and outgoing.
>>
>>47111848
What metric do I use to measure the American of my character?

>Implying America will ever adopt Metric
>>
>>47116590
We're too stubborn for that.
>>
>>47112846
Ignorant, fat, unquestioningly patriotic and unnecessarily violent.
>>
>>47116521
>Romanian characters have a strong sense of identity, but are not above integrating themselves into a larger whole and adapting to new ideas when necessary.
>Implying Gypsies ever willingly integrate themselves into other cultures

>Romanian in combat feature fast, hard, brutally effective killing blows. They prefer the lightning strike at the enemies weakest point
>Gypsies
>Having an organized military

>Romanians characters tend to be very straightforward in political dealings, and view corruption and back-scratching with contempt.
>Implying Gypsies aren't going to steal from you, or lie and cheat you

>Romanian characters are willing to put aside long-standing grudges and hatreds in the interest of common goals when necessary with minimal fuss
>Implying Gypsies don't hold grudges

>Romanian characters place incredible value on personal agency and individual choice.Romanians believe you always have a choice in the matter, and are therefore hard to pidgeonhole into a decision.
>Implying that being a homeless vagrants is the same as valuing personal agency and individual choice

I really don't understand what point you're trying to make here.
>>
>>47116632
>initiatesoutherndrawl.exe
You got a problem with my fat violence, boy? Cause if ya do, me an' my good ol' boys'll teach you some proper manners.
>>
>>47116325
this. every time I go to a family gathering every couple of months they're always 10 hours long at a minimum and you're expected to make small talk over literally nothing.
then again I'm a bit of a sperg so that might just be me
>>47113588
I thought the stereotypes I saw in /int/ were generally purposefully absurd, but I guess not. that sounds pretty shitty anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 960x743) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 960x743
>>47117792
We're you raped by gypsies or something?
>>
File: SoryuSecondChildAsukaLangley-1.png (357 KB, 432x638) Image search: [Google]
SoryuSecondChildAsukaLangley-1.png
357 KB, 432x638
>>47114504
>A redhead with german weapons
The only american thing about that girl is her bikini. She's as american as this one.
>>
>>47118690
>redhead
Either my monitor setting is way off or you have problems seeing, that's clearly the blonde.
Also there's hardly anything more American than taking technological progress of another country and using it for your own ends.
>>
>>47118642
No. My dog was.
>>
>>47118642
I'd say the movie Snatch, silly as it was, covers gypsies quite accurately.
>>
>>47118276
It's what we get for being one of the few parts of the US with an actual culture.
>>
>>47118690
She looks pretty blonde to me f a m.
>>
>>47114079
Funny thing is how Poles are screaming about refugees using exactly the same terms as Brits used towards them.
There is some sweet irony in how international nationalism is.
>>
>>47120322
The main problem with refugees is the fact they are muslim refugees.
>>
>>47120698
The main problem with Poles is that they are Slavs
>>
>>47120698
>>47121256
The main problem with refugees is the fact that they have absolutely zero interest in becoming like the native populations (muh halal foodz pls). Muslims will never feel the need to behave like the stereotypical german, and people simply can't stand other people being different to them.

Question is, why should they tolerate that thing? Don't they have the right to not like other kinds of people other than their own?
>>
File: Section-8--4.jpg (231 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Section-8--4.jpg
231 KB, 1440x900
>>47111848
88 percent American

points off for it being part of an American Empire, but no actual monoarch.
bonus points for bringing FREEDOM to most of the planet and outside the solar system
bonus points for constantly fighting COMMUNISUM
>>
>>47114960
This one has to sting the most.
They'll deny it, of course, but the real problem they have with American nationalism is that they lost everything they were proud of and want to remain bitter.

Nationalism, in and of itself, isn't bad but the way Europeans used it leaves them ashamed and wary of the topic altogether.

It's okay, your democracies are just too weak to deal with the moment to moment swing of populist opinion. Blame your law makers for the birth of tyrants.The American system is slower for this exact reason and you should always be wary of those who espouse the virtues of "progress".
>>
>>47121930

You've never been to Europe, have you?
>>
>>47113588
A ton of Texans have Polish ancestry, if anything they'd see her last name and she'd fit right in.
>>
>>47114872
So if an unarmed society is full of assholes,

Would you be willing to admit that an armed society is, perhaps, a polite one?
>>
>>47111848
>How American is your character?

Technically constructed within the Sovereign States of America, but not activated until after national borders ceased to have any real meaning.

So... half?
>>
>>47121970
I actually have, I have never seen people more obsessed with things outside their own sphere of influence in my life.

They have a dismissive attitude to their own well-being but like to have a lengthy discussion about what they would do in another persons situation.

The funny thing is they never spot the hypocrisy and are loathe for someone to point out their own flaws for lack of personal understanding.

Further argument just proves my point.
>>
>>47113600

But america won the most important battle of the war, new orleans.
>>
>>47116521
>Romanian character
>not a gypsy or a vampire
>>
>>47122113

You're full of shit.
>>
>>47111848

He's a huge, fitness-obsessed fry cook turned mercenary who loves big guns despite his absolutely horrific aim, so he mostly just uses them as a way to keep enemies pinned down until he's close enough to punch their lights out. He also keep a pencil and post-its handy, so that whenever he knocks someone out, they'll come to with a note stuck to their forehead saying things like "P.S. GET FUCKED"

It's great for annihilating enemy morale, I'll say that much.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.