[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that one guy on the tabletop who can control his dice rolls.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: 1457183751218.jpg (47 KB, 621x502) Image search: [Google]
1457183751218.jpg
47 KB, 621x502
>that one guy on the tabletop who can control his dice rolls.
>>
>>47109208

Make him use an app.

Or report him to the Inquisition as a suspicious potential psyker able to modify probability.
>>
>>47109253
If you practice a lot, and I mean a lot, you can generally choose where a die will fall. You won't roll 20/20 20's, but you can increase the amount you would normally roll by a bit.

Then you look like a prick adjusting what facing is where when you roll and shit.
>>
>that one girl who can't control her good fortune
>>
File: 142120938929.png (320 KB, 349x415) Image search: [Google]
142120938929.png
320 KB, 349x415
>>47109208
>that one guy on the tabletop who can't control his dice rolls
>>
File: OH FUCK.png (103 KB, 543x403) Image search: [Google]
OH FUCK.png
103 KB, 543x403
>One of our players has to make a charisma roll
>Resident lucky bastard starts chanting "natural 1, natural 1"
>Critical failure
>He controls other people's dice rolls

Fucking Logan.
>>
>player rolls by bouncing his dice on the table in a limited area
>rolls badly
>I roll my dice across a larger section of the table, whispering 'be free' to them before I roll them
>they are happy, so they roll higher numbers
>>
As a DM I roll ridiculous amounts of crits to moster attacks, critical failures to detection and calling out player bullshit, and rarely fail a saving throw.

>tfw thos powers make it all the worse to prepare games
>tfw they work only when I am DMing
>>
>>47109293
There's a lot of truth to this. Dice rolling is a skill in itself.
>>
>>47109939
I've got some of this pretty bad. My dice are out for blood it seems.
> not uncommon for my lowest roll be a 13 in a nights worth of gaming.
> when one of my players borrows said die(s) they usually fail their check/miss horribly.
Might not be so bad if I were running a meat grinding, grim, dungeon crawl, but of course my current game is bright, happy and story driven.
>>
File: 20160420-1.jpg (270 KB, 1315x617) Image search: [Google]
20160420-1.jpg
270 KB, 1315x617
>>47110119
Oh yeah, I have two teams. A veteran and a begginer one.
The veterans laugh it off and call me names, the noobs tho, they are TERRIFIED of dying. I really don't want any of them to die (not even the scrub who is name Black Panther, is an elf ranger with bows and has a, you guessed right, a panther...)

But I always keep appropriate music at hand if it happens. And I will go on a tirade of how they went to their specific heaven and shit.

Appropriate music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEQtkLNTmRs

PS: pic related was my last session
>>
>>47110181
At least it's not a guy with a pet wolf named Steve. In a fantasy asia setting.
>>
>>47110527
Don't get me started on the... *drum rolls* Black Panther, mate. It ain't gonna end pretty.

For a taste, he was raised by, you guessed right, black panthers, despite being a 120 years old elf. And his pet black panther is his sister/cousin/niece/whatever (I blacked out) in relation to his adoptive parents.
>>
I have something of a reputation for rolling a disproportionately high number of natural ones.

I just incorporated unluckiness into my latest character's backstory, he performed to the part.

>trying to jump over a small hole
>anything but a 1 will clear it
>1

Happened every time.
>>
>>47109208
Dice towers are a thing?
>>
>>47109208
I am a luck vampire.

The longer a game goes on the luckier I become, perhaps more insidious however the effect on others their luck will fall as mine own rises causing great frustration from one of my closest friends as he appears to be more vulnerable to it that anyone else.
>>
>>47109293
This sounds like a good use of my time. Please tell me more.
>>
>>47110557
Does that mean with him being an elf that whole panther family just kinda looks at him like the special inbred cousin?
>>
>>47109208
>that one guy on the tabletop who can control other players
>>
>>47110566
>anything but a 1 will clear it

Any DM worth his salt wouldn't bother making you roll. There's a reason the DMG isn't 10,000 volumes of minor tasks with a DC of 1
>>
>>47113328

Look up the Army Blanket Roll. It's a pretty easy trick with a D6, but I've never heard of anyone who can reliably do it with a D20 (at least not without being really obvious.)

On a similar note, there's a related technique to control how a flipped coin lands. Handy to know if you want to get your way most of the time.
>>
>>47109783
I'm sort of like this, except I have shit luck in general and the dice counter-jinx me.
>"Wouldn't it suck if you rolled something shitty like a 2 right now?"
>2
>"Watch my roll be a 5 or under"
>6
>>
>>47113815
It's called GM
>>
>>47114641
It's called your a faggot and the semantics arguments are pointless.
>>
>>47109939
I have to ask my players before I start a session if they'd rather have me use dice or an app. It doesn't matter. I have switched out dice that have critted PCs multiple times only to have the new dice immediately crit.
>>
File: i'm fine.jpg (182 KB, 442x650) Image search: [Google]
i'm fine.jpg
182 KB, 442x650
>>47109208
>that guy that starts complaining and throwing a tantrum when he gets bad rolls
Suck it up and quit whining, Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>47109939
Fuck you Curtis. There is a reason I only play martial in your games because your monsters nat 20 87% of their saving throws.
>>
>>47114916
>party wizard's entire spellset is focused around knocking people out or stunning them
>most fights just turn into an unfun 'knock them out and then kill them while they sleep,' or worse, 'it's stunned for four rounds so just keep hitting it'
>the one time we go up against a pair of golems he complains that he has only one spell that's effective against them

Well I guess you shouldn't have specialized so narrowly you dumb shit. Thanks for turning the first time I get a real fight into a strife-filled complaining match with the bard.
>>
>>47113864
But anon, 1s/20s always being crit failures and successes makes the game more fun :-)
>>
>>47114916
Well, when the guy has somehow not rolled above a 5 for the last 2 months, you can kind of understand it.
>>
>>47116430
Check that he's using the right kind of dice.
>>
>>47110181
My DM vetoed me naming my paladin "Adolf Stalin".

Character names are hard.
>>
>>47118639
Obviously it should have been Erwin Zhukov.
>>
>>47118639
Adolf Iosif Dzhugashvili
>>
File: cup.jpg (21 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cup.jpg
21 KB, 500x500
problem solved m8
>>
>>47112686

Thief of Light confirmed. Plz nerf.
>>
>>47109939
I also have this problem
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.