[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General - /pfg/ Where the hell's the Aegis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: 1414645179735.jpg (345 KB, 1116x900) Image search: [Google]
1414645179735.jpg
345 KB, 1116x900
Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Where the hell's the Aegis Mech edition
Why does the Paizo Forum hate people getting to use shields?

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/5F8RNubX (embed)

Old thread: >>47092314
>>
>>47106528
Aegis has enough toys. It's already the Arcanist of martial characters.
>>
Do you use music in your campaign, /pfg/? What kinds of music have you used before?
>>
File: fuck this is small.gif (2 MB, 245x95) Image search: [Google]
fuck this is small.gif
2 MB, 245x95
> Outsider Servant: This functions as the antipaladin ability, except the insinuator gains a new outsider servant each day, whose alignment must match the alignment of the outsider invoked for the day. The outsider servant functions as much as an agent for the patron invoked by the insinuator as an ally of the insinuator himself, and may turn against him if he violates his patron's alignment or interests.

Neat.
>>
>>47106528
Shields should come in damage types (piercing/slashing/bludgeoning) and give damage reduction, honestly. That sounds like a way more fun system change that promotes having a variety of fighting styles in your party.
>>
>>47106616
My GM has a whole soundtrack for important sessions

The ones I've recognised were Diablo and Starcraft soundtracks, there were more than just Blizzard/vidya gaem soundtracks, though.

I usually have a vocal and acoustic theme for each character, though.
>>
>>47106528
>Why does the Paizo Forum hate people getting to use shields?
Because realistically speaking the Paizo devs could not use a shield to block anything so it would be impossible to use a shield like that, you have to hope people hit them on accident.
Speaking of shields, are there any weapons or enhancements that specifically get around shield bonus to ac?
>>
>>47106637
Over focus on damage types just tends to reduce martials to pokemon, where the last thing they need is to be useless in MORE encounters. Trust me, I had an encounter with an ooze that whenever you dealt piercing or slashing damage, it would split in half. It was extremely annoying to have to wait for the monk and caster to deal with it.

Plus, shields just tend to be levels of quality, not geared towards particular things.
>>
File: vishkanya-2_1458276681.jpg (32 KB, 391x340) Image search: [Google]
vishkanya-2_1458276681.jpg
32 KB, 391x340
What's the best thing you can think to do with a Vishkanya's scaling poison, /pfg/?
>>
>>47107005
Brilliant energy

Also being incorporeal or hitting against touch
>>
>>47107005
There's an axe in Inner Sea Races that ignores Shield AC.
>>
>>47107027
Think of it like a sperm bank, it's useless to me, so sell it for the hope of something even modestly useful.

The highest DC you can get out of that is 20 for 1d2 dex damage.

It's pretty unimpressive. Especially because it has no flexibility. You can't spit on people's food to poison it. You can't smear it over the walls.
>>
>>47107005
They've been practicing with garbage can lids all day and it's harder than you'd think to deflect an incoming blow. Using a shield now requires 12 feats.
>>
>>47107027
Have a DC 75 poison?
>>
>>47107027
Con-based caster like the pre-errata scarred witch doctor or the scarred mourner archetype for ertw's beguiler.
>>
So.. my GM is starting up a new campaign. This time he doesn't restrict anything (as long as it's Paizo).

How's the Psychic Duelist? I never been able to play with Psychic Duel system.
>>
>>47106528
When is the Soulknife pdf getting uploaded?
>>
>>47107323
Whenever the person who runs it decides to add it to the trove. It's not hard to find though.
>>
>>47107313
It's okay. You don't lose a lot, and there's shenanigans to be pulled with Thought Made Real at 9th level and on (hint: there's a thoughtform creature ability that makes you immune to attack as long as the creature exists).
>>
>>47106616
No contest. I play Pathfinder all the time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbjCU-7hDJw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlLIfF8KUbI
>>
>>47107398
What about the Psychic duel system itself? Is it any fun or is it just there is disable the BBEG, while my party member are killing his body in real life?
>>
>>47106528
At this point I think it would be more likely to have made my own archetype for Aegis before the arcforge one comes out.
>>
>>47106575
This. My fucking players trivialized my campaign with the goddamn Aegis. The Aegis needs a nerf somehow, it's too good at everything, yet not strong enough that I can hurl the worst of the worst on it and figure it'll be okay like I can a caster.
>>
>>47107445
Eh, it's no more or less fun than normal combat, which makes it a negative overall since you're forced to learn a new system just for one thing.
>>
How would you handle a poncy rich nobleman as a PC? In this context, he only gets aristocrat levels, but to compensate is given a huge amount of wealth to compensate. Would you allow it?
>>
>>47107629

Just how poncy are we talking?
>>
>>47107644
The ponciest ponce who ever ponced past a poncing parlour.
>>
>>47107629
Not really, no. I mean his optimal playstyle would be to fund the items of his party members who have class levels, instead of himself. A class played well shouldn't be boring.
>>
>>47107027
Extract all the daily uses of it in the morning, and then mix it into one extra-potent poison to be used once. I may or may not also take the racial feat that lets them make a sleep-inducing venom instead.

Could take Ability Focus if you want, I think the poison works for it in this case, but it's probably not worth the feat.

>>47107644
Probably as poncy as can be gotten away with without the other PCs stabbing him and leaving a corpse in a ditch somewhere.

>>47107680
What sort of alternative would you suggest for someone really set on the idea of playing a rich noble who himself doesn't have much combat ability? Maybe like a wizard who has been, refluffed to have all his spells just be purchased magic items or something like that?
>>
>>47106575
Yeah, it's basically DSP's equivalent of a full caster getting more toys with every splat.

I hope it gets more archetypes that limit its shit, like the Host of Heroes.
>>
>>47107718
Noble Scion PrC (Bolt Ace before that, if he doesn't want to totally be useless in combat).
>>
File: Baqua.png (143 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
Baqua.png
143 KB, 800x1000
I have a question regarding the PsyArm. Well, several questions actually.

>Shields formed from the psychic armory are in the panoply but operate normally, defending the player (these shields do not occupy the character’s hands).

Question 1: Shields, plural, means I have 1+Wis Mod number of mindshields similar to my panoply of blades?
Question 2: Can I take the additional configurations blade skill to have two sets of different shields with different enchantments?
Question 3: If yes, do the enchantments stack?
>>
>>47107445
The only good thing about the psychic duel system is that one image. Especially the elf edit.
>>
If you have an ability like Hand of the Acolyte (wis to hit) and you are using ba guided weapon, can you add your wisdom modifier twice?
>>
>>47107626
It's a pretty good way to piss off your DM, though.
>>
>>47107875
My GM is the one who state say that he's open to anything from Paizo.

I really just want to try something new, instead of going God Wizard or God Razmiran Priest (lol free call construct)
>>
>>47107763
Mind Shield is just a flat +2 shield bonus. It's not an enchantable shield. You get floaty shields, just like a normal mind shield.
>>
>>47107915
Just make sure you give him a heads up that you're planning to use the psychic duel system so he doesn't have to learn it on the fly.
>>
File: 1458659126054.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1458659126054.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47106528
Shields only require a REALLY SIMPLE hotfix.

Still waiting on the help for thrown weapons, anon
>>
Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

Tell me about that piece of 3PP or homebrew you had to fight tooth and nail to get your DM to accept and how it worked out when you actually got to play it.
>>
>>47107606
Uh, what? He's still mostly a martial. What exactly are you doing that the Aegis is completely trivializing?
>>
>>47108118
>being enough of a cuck gm to alow 3pp in a game

3pp is usually ok i'm mostly biased against homebrew
>>
>>47108118
That's never happened and the only time a player's brought homebrew to me was dandwiki trash or a poorly-written labyrinth based on how to be Sephiroth or some dark anime thing.
>>
File: why this.jpg (17 KB, 372x318) Image search: [Google]
why this.jpg
17 KB, 372x318
>>47108118
Back when Occult Adventures came out I really wanted to try my hand at playing a kineticist (it didn't help that I had just watched all of Avatar + Korra). It took my character dying in the first session to convince the GM that it needed changing to actually function.
>>
>>47108118
I had to pull teeth to get psionics into my game, literally. I'm a dentist, I did some free work on my friend/GM as a bribe to get him to allow it.

This was years ago, we now allow all DSP.
>>
Does Psionic Knack boost Gifted Blade's manifester level to equal their soulknife level?
>>
>>47108136
>Mostly a martial
>Initiating, Manifesting, Akasha, powerful non-subsystem abilities.

Mostly a martial! Hah!
>>
>>47108255
Your friend scored
>>
>>47108018
Yup. We're still doing "pre-session 0".
>>
>>47108252
> Kineticist
> Die
How? You should fall unconscious from burn before you even get to -CON?

In the session last night, my level 7 Kineticist has 42 Non-lethal damage on her.
>>
>>47108435
>taking more burn than Elemental Overflow requires
>ever
>ever ever in the history of ever
You deserved it, anon. You deserved it all.
>>
>>47108358
He gets 4th level spellcasting/manifesting AT BEST, Akasha is garbage, and Initiating still only really makes you good at hitting things.

If his actually complaint is
>M-MUH NPCS ARE DYING TOO QUICKLY
then allow me to laugh for awhile..
>>
>>47108467
>Initiating still only really makes you good at hitting things.
no
>>
>>47108118
Wasn't hard for me. Homebrewed a spell-less Bard that, upon looking at it again, was a fucking Disney Princess build. Spells replaced with Ballads which, the longer you sang, the more potent they got. Like 1st round = 1 effect, 2nd round = 1st round's effect + a new one, 3rd round = 1st & 2nd round + new effect and so on. It also received a songbird familiar that had it's own "songbird performances" which had different benefits. The bard could spend a round of performance to initiate a Refrain to increase the penalty, bonus or DC of one of it's Songbird's performances by 1/2/3 depending on level, and vice versa for the Songbird performing Harmonies for the Bard's performances.

It was fun until the bird and myself got nailed to a wall by arrows.
>>
>>47108461
This reminds me of a thought I had.
Would removing the limit on Elemental Overflow help fix Kineticists, or would it just turn them into giant glass chainsaws?

Because I like the idea of the high-risk/high-reward take on Burn.
>>
>>47108461
I needs to use several Telekinetic Haul to drop around 10-tons worth of snow on top of Skeleton hoards and end the "this is unwinnable, you should run and get more help in the city" part of the GM plan.
>>
>>47108467
And they can change all their shit day by day, or even on the fly. I said arcanist for a reason.
>>
File: 1458091010203.png (249 KB, 720x275) Image search: [Google]
1458091010203.png
249 KB, 720x275
>>47108467
Depending on the discipline, it can make you a lot of things.

Silver Crane makes you an amazing out of combat healer, decent in combat, with good save-durability

Veiled Moon gives you the best maneuverability in the game, in my honest opinion.

Fool's Errand gives you stellar battlefield control and anti-magic (though the latter will be nerfed)

Thrashing Dragon makes you nimble as hell, letting you make reflex saves as acrobatic checks, which can get ridonculous.

You can get some good options, but you can't get all the great options. Hitting is a part of it, but being able to hit things was never the problem with martials that PoW was trying to fix.
>>
>>47108435
Unfortunately, the GM fully believed in starting us off in rusty dagger shanktown. It didn't help that the creature I was fighting tried eating me after I went unconscious.
>>
>>47108634
>Veiled Moon gives you the best maneuverability in the game,
don't forget scent
>>
Evil beasts in a cage. They're sentient and obviously starved. They are asking to be let out. Our party is chaotic good. If we leave them they starve, if they get out they'll attack us (at best) or other people nearby. What do?
>>
>>47108665
Yeah, I felt that one was out of place.

It fit for Primal Fury, but enh.
>>
>>47108634
>You can get some good options, but you can't get all the great options.
The Aegis' gimmick is literally that it CAN get all the great options. Not at the exact same time, but pretty soon afterwards.
>>
>>47108665
But

There is no air on the moon for scent to use as a vector.

DUSP, Y DO YOU DO THIS.
>>
>>47108675
Throw some meat in the cage. Preferably drugged with a sedative to keep those bastards from going feral.
>>
>>47108461
Does it matter?
Level 7 Kineticist should have 90hp. 42 lethal damage is still let them have more effective hp than most gish which has around 50hp.
>>
>>47108661
Your GM obviously has a vore fetish.
>>
Tempest Gale or Solar Wind for a Psyarm Warsoul Soulknife that's already focusing on Sleeping Goddess and Riven Hourglass?
I have almost everything relevant in wis as-is, and I was thinking of Solar Wind so I don't have to burn a trait on wisdom in the flesh.
>>
File: n4gpdeuDDn1rofoqgo1_250.gif (891 KB, 230x173) Image search: [Google]
n4gpdeuDDn1rofoqgo1_250.gif
891 KB, 230x173
>>47108675

Give them a chance to earn their freedom BY COMPETING IN THE MOST HARDCORE HELL IN A CELL IN ALL OF TALDOR THIS SUNDAY.
>>
>>47108118
One of my players wanted to make and play a homebrew race for Canim from the Codex Alera (Basically, Worgen). Which is cool and all, but they don't exist in my setting. After a but of deliberation, my players convinced me it could fit well in the campaign, and I agreed as long as he was willing to stand out, and often be targeted or picked out by NPCs.

We explained it away as "You're from a different plane, and got summoned here like an outsider."
>Okay, yeah, so my character was with [book character]'s army when he went from [book place] to [other book place] and...
"Well, no. Your race is based on the Canim, but you're not actually from Alera. That doesn't exist in this world."
That took a bit of explaining.

First session, the cultists cut off his paw-hand to use it for some fucky magic. I think he was a little salty about that, but it gave his character investment in the story, and I gave him his hand back at the end of the story-arch.

Long story short, it actually turned out pretty well.
>>
>>47108719
It's more that pretty much no power they have is actually worth taking 2 Con damage per use. If you're getting bonuses from Elemental Overflow ON TOP OF what you're spending the burn for, then it's justifiable in some cases, mostly for defense talents and other 24 hour passives. But not for a single fucking blast or "lift some shit" like >>47108594 was doing.
>>
File: 300px-Pyromancer_Davins.jpg (31 KB, 300x237) Image search: [Google]
300px-Pyromancer_Davins.jpg
31 KB, 300x237
>>47108756
Whoops. Forgot pic.
>>
>>47108733
Knowing the people I've played with regularly? Probably. That game died after the next session anyway.
>>
>>47108774
nonsense. you're not the one who judge which power is worth taking the burn or not. There are too many variable in each situation for you to do that.

Is it the last fight of the day? do you have enough time for 2-hour nap? Is it mission objective need to be complete as soon as possible? Is the spellcaster too busy jerking off each other in their own demiplane?
>>
File: 1460510934340.png (203 KB, 660x498) Image search: [Google]
1460510934340.png
203 KB, 660x498
Hey guys, I really hate that I have to ask this, but I can't find shit. I'm looking for a picture of a person with brown hair and brown eyes and is young. He or she is in their late teens or early 20's. Basically this character is a sailor or a person who works around ships. I would appreciate it if someone can help me out here.
>>
File: CirnoNOPENAH.jpg (99 KB, 680x540) Image search: [Google]
CirnoNOPENAH.jpg
99 KB, 680x540
>>47108733
>building a synthesist summoner for a game
>think that maybe I'll go for something grapple-heavy in addition to simple clawing people's faces off
>get so in the zone I forget about everything else, have everything all planned out
>mfw come out of my theorycrafting trance and realize I have a swallow-whole eidolon
>mfw realizing that this is DEFINITELY one of the fetishes for two people in my group, and both would probably try to convince me to use it for non-combat purposes
>mfw dodging the question when asked why I scrapped my synthesist character entirely

Looking back, I should have gone for it anyway.
>>
File: 1458199524033.jpg (51 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
1458199524033.jpg
51 KB, 400x323
>>47108900
Is this some meme I missed? It's too stupid to be bait right? This guy couldn't have actually not been able to Google this right?
>>
>>47108622
Again, most of their options are T3. They're hardly trivializing whole games by themselves.
>>
>>47108982
I really suck when it comes to finding characters.
>>
>>47108118
It took me about a month of arguing to get the beguiler conversion allowed in the game among a chorus of "it's better than a sorcerer, that can't be balanced" from the DM.

How did it turn out? It was obvious that the beguiler wasn't better than a sorcerer and given how fun it is to play one it's become a staple in our games.
>>
After looking through Psychic Duels rule. It require shit tons of MP to do stuff that a spell could already do isn't it?

Like to make a Dazing effect.
1MP - To determine effect
1MP - Damage dice
4MP - Dazed

So that's 6MP or the equivalent of 6th-level spell? The DC is 16+INT?
>>
File: 1462048090197.jpg (90 KB, 720x679) Image search: [Google]
1462048090197.jpg
90 KB, 720x679
>>47108972
One of my GMs put in a purring, snuggles-during-conversations catboy three campaigns in a row. We were juggling their names like circus clowns in our quest to remember what he was called this time. GM turned BRIGHT RED when the pattern itself was specifically brought up, which was cute as hell, but hasn't done it anymore after.
>>
File: DATABAASE.gif (986 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
DATABAASE.gif
986 KB, 800x450
>>47108972
>make kitsune sorcerer enchanter as a semi-joke character because you want to test compulsion spells
>GM and another player keep revealing their deepest fetishes every time I try doing things with the character

I'm not sure I want to think too hard on the invasive/degrading compulsion mindrape fetish. I'm just glad that this shit only tends to come up during oneshots.
>>
File: circle2.jpg (28 KB, 175x177) Image search: [Google]
circle2.jpg
28 KB, 175x177
>>47109046
>"it's better than a sorcerer, that can't be balanced"
Beguiler better than a sorcerer? Is your DM a simpleton?
>>
>>47109190

It's great when you reveal your power level, and the other player reveals their's, and it turns out you're both playing off each other's kinks in *just* the right way.
>>
>>47109383
My group is the most bizarre cluster of weirdos, but I don't know if I'd be able to survive in any other group. They're a fun bunch, but I kinda wish the the two I accidentally baited would tone it down already.

I had never ERPed before this character and I never intended to. I didn't even realize how much fetish bait I had packed in until it was too late. Now I'm just riding the wave trying to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.
>>
>>47109328
No, he just doesn't seem to get some of the nuances of power levels in the game. As I said, he eventually relented and saw how wrong he was.
>>
File: 6ae.png (71 KB, 500x454) Image search: [Google]
6ae.png
71 KB, 500x454
>>47109537

>Now I'm just riding the wave trying to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.
>>
>>47109584
Sometimes I wish I never found out how deep the rabbit hole is
>>
So what is the best race for Psychic Duelist? Human is boring but being able to get spell focus and greater spell focus is great.
>>
File: the wave never ends.png (11 KB, 495x347) Image search: [Google]
the wave never ends.png
11 KB, 495x347
>>47109584
Hold me I'm scared
>>
Why is it that players always strive to get 18 in a stat, when that's never really necessary? Especially in 25 point buy, when you can easily have no dump stats.
>>
>>47108118
I'm the GM
I never get to play concepts that I want.
I've been allowing players to play what they bring to the table though, so there's that.
>>
>>47108684
And not fully on each either.
Aegis is actually at its best, given the cost factor of some of them, when taking just a bit from each option.

1-2 unbound veils, instead of 3 bound ones
A handful of maneuvers carefully chosen, instead of trying to match the full initiators
Better just Res 10~20 than immunity *most* of the time
>>
>>47109815
if youre a caster it's kinda neccessary, if you like bonus spells anyway
>>
>>47109815
18 before racial or after racial?
>>
>>47109815
Before racial is sort of, after racial is fine.
>>
>>47109815
I almost as a rule will only put a 16 at highest in my stats pre-racial UNLESS I'm playing a character who literally will never do anything but toss their primary attribute around, like a wizard.

The exception is Barbarian because come on.
>>
>>47107737
Is this some sort of 3rd party but official? I see they worked very hard to make it look like a Paizo book, but once you're outside PFS I don't see any reason not to house rule the crap out of it.

Just at a glance it would never get to my table.
>>
>>47109815
I don't bother getting 20's post-racials and stop at 19 because I find it a waste of points when I can diversify a bit. I just need to wait a couple levels to bump it to 20 anyways.
>>
>>47109815
Because post-racial for STR two handers, the leap from 16-17 STR to 18 STR is yuuge, +1 attack +3 damage is a lot.
>>
>>47109815
I don't tend to go for 18s. They're just too rich for my blood when you can use the 7 or so points it takes to get from 17 to 18 on raising another stat to... 14 or 15 I think.
>>
>>47110509
... its 2 damage, not 3. 1 from base strength, 1 from upping your half to an even number.
>>
>>47110537
Welp, you right, just woke up. +1 attack +2 damage is still a big thing though.
>>
>>47109929
One reason I like Spheres. Your casting stat has less incentive to be jacked slyhigh. Yeah it helps, but it being 16 is still fine.
>>
>>47110548
Mostly early game, but yeah.

I just have an aversion to dump stats, and I dont even like to have more than say two 10s. 12s are cheap as heck and nice to have.
>>
File: vigilante commieblock01.jpg (28 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
vigilante commieblock01.jpg
28 KB, 1000x1000
I want to play a vigilante
>>
>>47109109
Let's be real though, catboys are the key to any TTRPG-playing girl's heart. If you want to make your players happy in a female majority group the only thing you need to survive is a sufficient supply of catboys.
>>
>>47107868
Anyone?
>>
I wanna add the Mage Slayer, Pierce Magical Concealment, and Pierce Magical Protection feats to the game, probably putting something like spellbreaker and disruptive as additional prerequsites.
How hard would this break everything? What if my game is PoW-enabled?
>>
>>47108634
>Silver Crane makes you an amazing out of combat healer, decent in combat, with good save-durability

Being able to heal HP damage is nowhere near enough to make you amazing out of combat healer even if you CAN do it without expending resources.
>>
>>47111048
It doesn't break anything because 3.5 is the same system
>>
>>47111068
Yea, but Paizo shafted martials ten times harder than WotC.
>>
File: RlF8EJ5.jpg (344 KB, 1920x1058) Image search: [Google]
RlF8EJ5.jpg
344 KB, 1920x1058
No idea if anyone would be into it but throwing it out there.

I've had Tabletop Sim for a while now and just recently started actually playing it with friends. Works extremely well, surprisingly.

Would anyone ever be interested in playing some campaigns on such a platform with a bunch of anons? I know its in a weird limbo between /v/ and /tg/, but I thought I'd post here since I thought I'd get better chances at good replies.
>>
Hey guys so I know the bonuses for Turning a monster from medium to large. Is it any different for PCs? I just had someone jump from Large to Huge permanently due to the Deck of Many things.
>>
>>47108118
Beguiler.
End result? DM banned it after a couple sessions, because my phantasmal webs and wandering star motes were apparently too game-breaking.
>>
>>47111201
How did he first get large?
If it's an innate ability, follow these steps:
1. Apply the modifiers for large from this:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/arcane-schools/paizo---arcane-schools/classic-arcane-schools/transmutation
2. Find a spell that makes you huge and apply its bonuses.
If it's not an innate ability, follow these other steps:
1. Remove all modifiers that got them to large, pseudo-reverting to medium.
2. Find a spell that makes you huge and apply its bonuses.
>>
>>47111273
He's an Ogre. So is racial innate?
>>
>>47111301
Yes.
>>
>>47111301
As for the actual bonuses, I'd give +6 str -4 dex +4 con after applying the -4 +2 -2 modifiers.
That means a total of +2 str -2 dex +2 con.
>>
>>47111324
>>47111302

Alrighty, Thanks much!
>>
>>47110185
Aegis is fine. Balanced and versatile. However, if they keep adding shit to it, it won't be fine any more.

"3rd party but official" isn't a thing. Hell, according to Paizo, not even first party is official.

>rulings, not rules
>>
File: 33763175.jpg (100 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
33763175.jpg
100 KB, 400x400
>>47111504
>PFS ONLY
>CRANE WING NERF
>SUMMONER OKAY BUT SYNTHESIST IS BORKEN
>LONGBOWS ARE YES, GUNS ARE BORKEN
>FINAL DESTINATION
-Paizo
>>
Sup /pfg/, I want to play a Vigilante Magical Child.
On a scale of princess tutu to nanoha, how good is it?
>>
>>47111807
It's not that Magical Girl-ey, outside of the Transformation Sequence.

Could be better.

Seen at least one homebrew redo that fiddled with it though.
>>
>>47111807

It honestly doesn't do much that a magical girl does.
>>
>>47111807
Magical Child is shit!
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!
>>
>>47111807
Has very little to do with them other than the image they stole for one.

you're better off with a host-of-heroes Aegis, Panoply for "tons of melee weapons in the sky" touhous, or a teched-out warsoul with aegis splash for Nanoha's choice of "Friendship" as well as barrier jacket
>>
>>47111807
Think "what if a low tier superhero had as his power the ability to summon celestial badgers?"

its a very, VERY weak version of Card Captor Sakura, and bears virtually no resemblance to other magical girls
>>
>>47111855
It's not even Sakura.

Sakura didn't have a Transformation, and she mostly fought herself.

Sakura has more in common with an Occultist than a Magical Child.
>>
>>47111755
>The FAQ system was built to allow players and GMs to draw attention to unclear, confusing, or incorrect parts of the game rules and get official answers from the designers.
It is not intended to create official rulings for every possible corner case or combination of the rules. Paizo firmly believes it is the privilege and responsibility of the GM to make rulings for unusual circumstances or unusual characters.

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2qbfv?The-Rules-FAQ-and-How-to-Use-It

It weirds me the fuck out how the PF fanbase takes developer commentary as rules, when they stated that it's just 'this is RAI, rule it your own way'
>>
>>47111137
I'd be willing to try, at the very least.
>>
>>47111870
>get official answers from the designers
>not intended to create official rulings

WHAT.
>>
>>47111855
I'm just saying, a celestial badger sounds cute as fuck. And by badger, I mean ferret, because those little bastards are the fucking cutest.
>>
Question about the rules: If you have an ability like Hand of the Acolyte (wis to hit) and you are using a guided weapon, can you add your wisdom modifier twice?
>>
>>47111952
What's the exact text of the two abilities?
>>
>>47111952
It doesn't stack if both are untyped bonuses.
>>
>>47108883
>2 hour nap
What? Anon, do you not know how Burn works?
>>
>>47108634
>FE Anti-magic
>7th level maneuver on a class limited to 6th level maneuvers
>>
>>47111137
Does Tabletop Sim actually work well for TTRPGs? The constant need to change maps seems like it would be a lot more work than it's worth since in something like Roll20 you can just plop down a jpg and you'd be fine. Although having an option to actually walk through the dungeon with one of the camera modes is pretty cool.
>>
>>47111952
>This attack is treated as a ranged attack with a thrown weapon, except that you add your Wisdom modifier to the attack roll instead of your Dexterity modifier (damage still relies on Strength).

>A character who attacks with a guided weapon modifies his attack rolls and weapon damage rolls with his Wisdom modifier, not his Strength modifier.

In this case no, because both effects replace the normal attack roll modifier with Wisdom. That's in addition to the fact that Guided only works with melee attacks.
>>
>>47112023
> Playing Kineticist
> Doesn't have ring of sustenance
> Doesn't have Awaken from Stasis trait
>>
I'm gonna play Samsaran Psychic. What are some good spells to poach from another psychic caster list via Mystic Past Life?

Currently looking at
- Heal (Spiritualist)
- Breath of Life (Spiritualist)
- Shadow Conjuration (Mesmerist)
- Shadow Evocation (Mesmerist)
- Baleful Shadow Transmutation (Spiritualist)

Also another question, I knew that I don't get retroactive skill points when I have Headband of Vast Intelligence. But what happen when I level up? Do I get 1 more skill points ontop of the Headband skill bonus?
>>
How captain America or world of Warcraft protection paladin is Iron Tortoise Discipline?
>>
>>47112332
You can only rest once per day, the only thing those do is give you an extra 6 hours of activity on a given day.
>>
>>47112372
source? because there is nothing preventing you from doing that by RAW.

Natural Healing: With a full night's rest (8 hours of sleep or more), you recover 1 hit point per character level. Any significant interruption during your rest prevents you from healing that night.

> If you undergo complete bed rest for an entire day and night, you recover twice your character level in hit points.

The only thing Paizo's rule prevent you is recovering spells (which burn aren't).
>>
>>47107017
GM was probably teaching you not to rely on one single weapon.
>>
>>47107005
Any chain or flail like weapon should be able to do that, isn't that why they were specifically for?
>>
When you have an amazing campaign idea but your playgroup just finished a campaign and have to wait to GM again

RIP
>>
>>47107005
>>47107088

The devs aren't PCs though, you couldn't deflect an arrow or bullet with your bare hands but that doesn't mean a Monk or Fighter shouldn't be able to. If they're so worried about "muh realism" then why not just redo the entire fucking system.
>>
>>47106637
Klar? Klar!!
>>
>>47112369
Extremely. You can block attacks with your shield (for yourself and allies, spreading into AoEs and targeted spells), you have aggro pull with things like Angering Smash and Enraging Strike, and you have shield throws (Throwing Shell, Ricochet Shell, and Throwing Shell Cyclone).
>>
>>47111074
It should be fine still, imo Pazio has fucked up too many feat lines not to use the 3.5 way. Especially the improved/greater combat maneuver chains.
>>
Do NPC's and monsters get full HP from first HD or is that treatment for PC's only?
I'm currently adapting a 3.5 adventure for pathfinder and holy shit the first lvl 1 adventure day looks stupendously difficult if I give monsters and NPC's full HP at first HD.
>>
>>47112450
Shh... don't give them the idea.

You knew how they nerf Weapon Cords right?
>>
>>47112606
How?
>>
>>47112620
One of the chuckle fuck devs couldn't do it so decided it was impossible.

The only thing worse them are the mindless sheep PFS GMs/Players who take their "official rulings" seriously.
>>
>>47112576
It's up to you, myself I just give them average every level to speed things up. I restated the NPCs from Hangman's Noose and just gave them what I felt like they should have.
>>
>>47112576
PC only, I mean its up to you as GM, but monsters get half their Hit Die+.5 per hit dice by standard
>>
>>47112620
someone posted the screenshot!
>>
File: 1397685723108921.jpg (69 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
1397685723108921.jpg
69 KB, 500x706
Gentlemen, we have often wondered how to make a non-edgelord Harbinger.
Behold, I have found him, pic related. Who here would want to be in the party with the Bobinger
>>
>>47112677
Yea, I checked the rules, you're right, thanks.
Some encounters looked stupendously difficult (as in, potentially-a-TPK level) if I gave enemies full HP at first HD.
>>
>>47112727
Not a bad one. The version i originally heard about was a Mr. Rogers harbinger
>>
>>47112733
Really? It amounts to 5 extra HP at most on the d12 HD
>>
>>47112755
The difference can get pretty big in percentage on 1 HD enemies.
>>
File: thisone.png (45 KB, 489x301) Image search: [Google]
thisone.png
45 KB, 489x301
>>47112680
>>47112620
>>
>>47112755
If enemies have negative con mod, the difference can more than double their HP total.
I imagine that more than doubling the HP total of enemies raises their difficulty drastically.
>>
File: Absolutely Disgusting.jpg (24 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Disgusting.jpg
24 KB, 240x320
>>47113206
>>
So just how good are oracle's? How do you play them? Front line fighter, or back line support/buffing character?
>>
>>47113309
Very Good.
However you want. The class is pretty flexible.
>>
>>47113309
Depends on what you want to do. The Life mystery makes an excellent healbot and buff factory, there are numerous mysteries specifically to make you better with weapons, Lunar turns you into what amounts to a spontaneous Druid, and several mysteries give you Cha-to AC/Reflex instead of Dex.

Hell, if you wanted to you could be a Lunar Oracle with 5 Dex and still come out ahead, simply because Noble Scion and your revelation mean that only dex skill penalties are a problem for you.
And ability damage/drain, but I'm sure you have ways to prevent that, right?
>>
File: image.png (2 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 KB, 320x200
Anyone have any interesting ideas for necrocrafts I could make? My necromancer has run into a surplus of skeletons and I figured I'd get creative.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/undead/necrocraft
>>
>>47113206

Fun fact, they later admitted they were going to make the change anyway, and that post was nothing more than a joke "highlighting" the issue.
>>
>>47113206
Hopefully soon they decide to revise reloading and blow their faces apart attempting to load and fire a muzzle loading firearm.
Or they will think it just takes a minute to reload them and we can nerf them more into the dirt.
>>
>>47113567
>implying weapon cords are an issue.
>>
>>47113650

They thought it was an issue, so they treated it like an issue.

Don't just look at this as a case of stupidity, let it be a highlight of what Paizo does or does not consider an issue. This is them focusing on problems.

When was the last time you've ever seen them discuss problems with spells? Why is it always martial abilities? Instead of saying "because they're idiots," try to recognize what thought processes have spurred this.
>>
>>47113673
It's not an issue though, they didn't do anything a GM couldn't have done.

It's not even a martial ability, it's equipment.
>>
>>47113673
> Instead of saying "because they're idiots," try to recognize what thought processes have spurred this.

The thought is very simple:
1 - It's magic, so I don't need to explain shit.
2 - It's mundane, so it is bound by """reality""", and it's behind 2-3 feats.
>>
Why does the privateer class template not grant a free firearm or the gunsmithing feat? Most other archetypes that use firearms do, so it strikes me as a little odd.
>>
>>47113789

Yeah, but why do they think that way?

What caused them to completely ignore magic as a rule, and scrutinize everything martials get? Do they play martials all the time so they don't understand just how OP mages are, or do they just never play as martials so they don't realize how bad they have it?
>>
>>47113910
Go figures. I think it's just spellcaster wanking.
>>
>>47113910
>Yeah, but why do they think that way?
They probably grew up on 3.X where that was the norm. And never branched out to other systems or even settings where magic was not the end all be all.
>>
>>47113673
All things martial must be kept realistic, by the realism of fatasses in their office in our world.

Unfortunately that's not all that capable.

The problem here, of course, is that under all d20 settings, "mundane human" is actually more in line with the freaks in Monster Hunter.

What's "Mundane" is supposed to *start* at "can swing things weighing hundreds of pounds", "fall from high altitudes with just a bit of "ow my knees are shaking", Eating the entire leg of a dragon in minutes (and getting some kind of bonus out of it), pulling huge wyverns out of the water with your fucking fishing rod, and do lance-charges underwater in like the fifth minute you've been holding your breath while stabbing a fucking sea-monster.

Other examples of MUNDANE in fantasy?
>Bulettes swim through fucking rock
>Semi-intelligent pools of fucking acid
>Literally growing back a lost arm or leg in hours as long as it hadn't been burnt off by intense flames
>Swimming in lava.

THAT is the reality it's supposed to be bound by. And if it were, we'd have nothing to complain about.

IF it were. Rather than some fat-finger chucklefuck in his office pretending he's got 24 fucking dexterity and years of practice in a move.
>>
>>47113351
That's always a plus I guess. I'd probably go as a more supporting character, maybe throwing a few summons in as well.

>>47113513
That seems good. I kind of like the idea of a gestalt lore oracle/paladin that can go toe to toe in melee and still provide utility outside of combat. +20 to knowledge checks? Yes please.

Unfortunately I don't think that there's an easy way to get blood money on my spell list. 'Free' castings of stuff like divination, restoration, and commune would be incredible especially in Rappan Athuk
>>
>>47114003
Oradin is pretty swag man, be an HP battery
>>
>>47114026

>Divine Grace (Su)
>At 2nd level, a paladin gains a bonus equal to her Charisma bonus (if any) on all Saving Throws.

>Sidestep Secret (Su): Your innate understanding of the universe has granted you preternatural reflexes and the uncanny ability to step out of danger at the very last second. Add your Charisma modifier (instead of your Dexterity modifier) to your Armor Class and all Reflex saving throws.

Holy crap, if I was a gestalt oradin would these stack? Only affects my reflex save but even so.
>>
>>47114077
By Paizo FAQ not, iirc.
>>
>>47114077
Depends on your GM.
You're substituting Dex for the Sidestep Secret, so I'd say it'd work. Technically, though, it's not supposed to.
>>
>>47114089
>>47114095
Bollocks, that's a shame. The rest still seems decent, though.
>>
>>47113673
>Why is it always martial abilities? Instead of saying "because they're idiots," try to recognize what thought processes have spurred this.

It's because they don't feel constrained to be "reasonable" or "realistic" with something completely imaginary like magic, but those constraints are constantly put on martial combat that's *partially* rooted in historical combat. This type of thinking isn't exclusive to Paizo, Elric whipped it out the other day when talking about not allowing mundane healing to treat a poison.
>>
>>47114003
>no blood money
Play a Half-Elf ancient lorekeeper. It's an elf archetype, but by the rules half-bloods can pick archetypes and fcbs of their parent races.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/core-races/elf/ancient-lorekeeper-oracle-elf

If you're going to Gestalt with Lore Oracle for real, congratulations. You have a character who can dump Dex AND Wisdom almost entirely and still function perfectly fine. Pump that CHA, motherfucker.

>>47114026
Oradin is Life Oracle+Paladin, though. While that could work, and be really good, if you wanted CHA to AC you'd need to blow a feat AND a revelation.

>>47114077
Afaik, untyped bonuses with different sources stack. Even ignoring that, he fact that one is "CHA mod INSTEAD of Dex mod" and the other is "CHA mod in ADDITION to Dex mod" should mean yes.

Of course, knowing paizo they would probably just give you a fat middle finger.
>>
>>47114077
By FAQ/errata you can only add your stat bonuses once to anything as the type of the stat bonus is a "type" now (and a nonstacking one at that) for some godforsaken reason.
>>
>>47114115
Probably to stop "muhdextodam" fags.
>>
I hate how PF doesn't have editions.
There was a point in time where Paizo wasn't this ever-flowing sewer of shit, but rather a slow trickle with a couple larger turds floating about. Now it's almost impossible to swim upstream through the filth and muck to get back to that point.
>>
>>47114104
Well, it depends how your GM handles it.

The FAQ itself makes no mention on "replace" abilites, so you may talk with him.

http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9sgk
>>
>>47114149
>"muhdextodam" fags
I still have a gestalt sheet around here somewhere of a character that was getting his 7 DEX mod to damage 4 (four) times.
The party's Zen Archer/Marksman still completely outperformed me
>>
>>47114215
and to AC twice.

and the guy who liched up and is getting his CHA to his HP, his CON he's no longer supposed to have to his HP, his WIS to his HP, and probably all of them together to bonus spells per day.
>>
>>47114235
>>47114215
>>tfw nowhere near proficient enough at making characters to do crazy stuff like that
>>
>>47114273
Don't feel bad, because thay are making invalid characters with extra cheese.
>>
Will alchemy be broken if I allow my players to count alchemy as arcane spellcasting for all mechanical intents and purposes (including prerequisites for PrC's and feats) with the sole exception of metamagic?
>>
File: 1362998007090.jpg (45 KB, 930x520) Image search: [Google]
1362998007090.jpg
45 KB, 930x520
>>47114273
>>47114303
>tfw playing a SAD martial with a +8 mod at level 6
>getting it to tohit, damage, ac/touch/flatfoot, cmb/cmd, ref, will, initiative, it fuels all of my class features and DCs and i've traited 3 skills to work with it which I can't fail because the +bonus is so huge
>it's completely legit and my GM's only comment was "god dammit dude you spent a whole week on this didn't you"
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 720x478) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 720x478
>>47114324
Not really no, considering what they have to compete with(I.e wizards and so on)
>>
>>47114352
I blanket banned all T1 classes. Only T2 or lower are allowed.
>>
>>47114026
Oracle's seem to be tied into one mystery for their whole game. Is there any way of choosing revelations from more than one mystery?
>>
>>47114273
don't worry was just pulling that out my ass there. at best you can get your main casting stat to HP however using a feat, and possibly a second stat in there as well.

It's easier to get multiple stats in. Not easy, but easier. Like, say, getting WIS to AC.
>>
>>47114349
tell me the stat pls, and how
>>
>>47114413
Probably Charisma.
>>
>>47114365
Then youre less worried about fun then you are about being a sperglord
>>
>>47112367
Anyone..?
>>
>>47114434
Nah. Most rules are pretty Laizzes-Faire and, say, everything DSP is blanket allowed at the table, no questions asked.
Heck, I'm considering allowing many 3.5e feats.
It's just that I dislike demigod wizards who can break the world at will.
>>
You guys got more screencaps/quotes of retarded shit by Paizo ala the fatass fumbling around with his mouse for 30 minutes to justify nerfing weapon cords?
Lay 'em on me! I want all of 'em!
>>
>mfw going to become a psychic lich skeltal
>mythic campaign
>playing a sorcerer who wants to change the world for the better
>>
File: george osbourne first pill.jpg (118 KB, 1164x1019) Image search: [Google]
george osbourne first pill.jpg
118 KB, 1164x1019
>>47114114
>If you're going to Gestalt with Lore Oracle for real, congratulations. You have a character who can dump Dex AND Wisdom almost entirely and still function perfectly fine. Pump that CHA, motherfucker.

In all honesty this is just a pipe dream since I doubt I'll be playing in a gestalt game any time soon, if at all :(
>>
File: 1438710213630.png (12 KB, 508x497) Image search: [Google]
1438710213630.png
12 KB, 508x497
>>47114653
forgot pic
>>
About to get Shatter Defenses next level (7).
I'm an Enforcer Intimidate build with a Merciful/Cruel weapon.
Whenever I hit someone for the first time they are guaranteed to be shaken for the rest of the encounter unless they're immune to fear effects. Subsequent hits then cause them to be sickened for a round and next level they'll be flat-footed too.

Question is: where do I go from here, feat-wise?
I'm a Warder. Already got Guard's Glare and have been using it to great effect due to my unreasonable INT bonus. My other feats are taxes for Shatter Defenses (Weapon Focus/Dazzling Display) and Enforcer.
>>
File: image.gif (58 KB, 752x752) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
58 KB, 752x752
>>47113556
Bump,no ideas anyone?
>>
>>47114716
Bloody skeletons are better senpai

Or those amazing frostfallen creatures since they retain special attacks.
>>
>>47114747
bloody skeletons can be shut down by a cantrip, it isn't worth over investing into them for their cost.
>>
File: JojoOHNO.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
JojoOHNO.jpg
103 KB, 1280x720
>>47114665
I know that feel, friend. I'm still waiting for the day I can play a gestalt Magus|Investigator and Summoner|Alchemist

>tfw I will never play a Synthesist|Promethean
>>
File: Double_Dragon_Neon_Artwork_02.jpg (836 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Double_Dragon_Neon_Artwork_02.jpg
836 KB, 1920x1200
>>47114690
Tell me /pfg/, what are the best teamwork feats?
Me and a friend will be building a Paladin and an Harbinger for an upcoming campaign, and we plan on going Double Dragon on some suckers
>>
>>47114690
Sorry, >>47114793 here, didn't mean to quote you
>>
>>47114747
Yeah I realize that but I thought it would be a nice change of pace, that and most of the skeletons I have shitty so I figured I'd use them to make one nicer undead that can be customized to my liking.
I still plan on making all the nicer variations of skeletons.

That said I'm still willing to hear ideas for the necrocrafts
>>
>>47114793
Personally i recommend avoiding actual teamwork feats, most of them are horrible. Instead just look for synergy.
So, say you take Antagonize and use the Intimidate option to force them to attack you. Then your habringer buddy has Grasp of Darkness (because he's a harbinger) and Dark Allure, giving all the enemies he's claimed a penalty to hit people other than him. But they have to attack you.
>>
>>47113556
>>47114716
The only kind of Necrocraft you should ever make is one that has Grab and nothing but stacks upon stacks of Extra Attacks. Get like 4 of those cunts on something. Worked wonders for me for a while. Though keep in mind CMD eventually hits unreasonable heights and it ceases to work.

>>47114747
>Frostfallen
Juju zombie master race. Get out of here, Arthas wannabe.

>>47114774
>bloody skeletons can be shut down by a cantrip
You WHAT? Which one?
>>
>>47114834
>You WHAT? Which one?
Disrupt undead.
>>
>>47114846
If I'm remembering correctly, it's just 1d6 damage, isn't it?
Does it operate in fuckin' positive energy?
>>
>>47114865
>Does it operate in fuckin' positive energy?
Yes actually
>You direct a ray of positive energy. You must make a ranged touch attack to hit, and if the ray hits an undead creature, it deals 1d6 points of damage to it.
>>
>>47114896
Sasuga Paizo!
Of COURSE Wizard can just spend a standard action to meme your skeleton. What's the point of buying holy water or whatever the fuck else?
Psshh. So glad I moved on to Juju zombies.
>>
>>47114834
>grab with stacks of extra attacks
Alright, maybe some kind of skeletal snake. I should mention that seeing as I'll be using only skeleton my gm is giving me "mostly skeletons" for free for them, so that'll free up a construct point.

Would it be worth giving it grab, constrict, and extra attack(bite) for say a large necrocraft, going along with this skele-snake idea?
>>
>>47108357
Yes.
>>
>>47114913
I had a rogue sneak attack the hell out of some undead since apparently in PF they aren't immune.
>>
>>47115024
The issue here is bloody skeletons come back in 1 hour unless they are killed with positive energy, in a concentrated area, or have holy water thrown over their corpse.
>>
>>47114966
If that tickles your fancy, yeah, the constrict is flavorful and a big-ass skelesnake made out of human skeletons is some cool shit.
That said, if your game is pretty tooth-and-nail, the constrict will be nowhere near as good as another extra attack. On the flipside, if you're having a pretty chill game, it'll work out just fine.
Generally speaking, Necrocrafts are a bit on the "eh" side, mostly 'cause the stuff that should be the best is actually weak as balls and behind pathetically low save DCs - just look at Paralyze.
If your GM's allowing Necrocrafts, check these out:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/undead/beheaded
I enjoyed toying with these. While the creature itself is always pretty much shit, unless you're low-level, the fact that it has a decently quick fly speed with a perfect maneuverability really opened up some shenanigans for me. Remind yourself that undead never get tired.

>>47115024
Yep, for whatever reason, Undead aren't immune to precision damage in Pathfinder. It blows, actually, I lost one of my most valuable Juju zombies to two rogues spitroasting the fuck out of it in a narrow corridor.
>>
>>47115024
It sortta works considering while they don't have vita organs or such you can still hit "vital" I guess such as severally damaging some bones which weakens the integrity of the animated corpse, but again that's how I see it, it does still kinda sounds dumb
>>
>>47115024
>>47115155
>>47115156
Honestly rogues are pretty shitty overall it helps keep them semi relevant rather then sitting and twiddling their thumbs when undead anything shows up, if you want your undead to be immune give them an indiscernible anatomy.
>>
>>47115155
It's a good change, if you use bones or any physical structure to move, you have weak points.
>>
>>47115214
It makes sense to some extent, sure, but on the other hand, I've not seen a zombie keel over because someone stabbed it in the kidneys really hard.
In the end, precision damage is rare enough to not matter, so if my actual level 13 Wizard zombie hadn't been gangbanged I wouldn't care about this whatsoever. Now I'm just displeased with it.
>>
>>47115155
>beheaded
Oh wow I have 3 skulls just for them, that was the next step in my plan, I can see the Benefit of them, and our campaign is not too serious, hence why I'm bother with them in the first place, they will fill a niche in our party perfectly.
>>
>>47115372
*bother with necrocraft in the first place
>>
>>47115268
You're trying to make it more specific than it is though. Sneak Attack is "a vital spot", not "this particular humanoid organ".
>>
>>47115616
What kind of vital spots does an animated object in the vague shape of a humanoid corpse have? The head, I suppose.
Even if you hack it's spine in half, all you really should accomplish is create two seperate undead, not deal extra damage. But that's just my opinion.
>>
>>47115687
They have multiplying skeletons for that, for regular undead it would just cause you to have the upper half crawling towards you.
>>
>>47115687
>Even if you hack it's spine in half, all you really should accomplish is create two separate undead, not deal extra damage. But that's just my opinion.
Your opinion is objectively false, they have eyes, brain, spine, tendons, for fleshy undead.
For bony undead you have spine, skull, radius and ulna, joints, ect. They may not feel pain but it will cause their body to cease functioning quicker to disable their weak points.
>>
File: 1442494089328.png (17 KB, 393x377) Image search: [Google]
1442494089328.png
17 KB, 393x377
>>47115826

You could also argue that cracking open their bones releases all the animating fart gas.
>>
>>47115874

Or, and I should've added this to that post, you could argue that further damage to the body causes the animating magic to become "overloaded" and simply buckle under the stress.

Because a standard animate spell will get awfully fickle when it has to animate six separate pieces of Undead. In the case of magic, the sum is greater than the whole of it's parts.
>>
>>47115874
One could easily argue that, depending on how you fluff the way negative energy animates undead.
>>
>>47115826
I am of the belief that any structural damage dealt to an undead is mostly meaningless until it accumulates enough to disable the animation magic.
For example, hacking one of it's limbs off ought to amount to a limbless undead trudging forwards as normal, now accompanied by an undead limb trying it's best to get to you. This should by all means cause the undead difficulty - lowering it's speed or strength or dexterity, etc. but I do not agree that such an action would deal extra damage to the creature, and as such, believe that precision damage should not function on undead.

>>47115874
This man gets it - you whack it 'till it's out of juice, not 'till it's out of body parts. Though those might coincide quite commonly, I'd like to think that the animation effect would work even per individual finger joint, if it were to get broken down that much. That's just the way I see it, though, and in the end our debate here is completely pointless, as Paizo's word is, as we all know, the word of god - undeniable, unquestionable. They say Undead take precision damage, then so be it.
>>
>>47115968
This could also be a case of mechanics vs realism. I don't know about you guys but I'd feel pretty shafted as a rogue if I got to sneak attack once in a blue moon because we're fighting undead
>>
>>47116013
I'd feel pretty shafted as a rogue PERIOD, to be brutally fucking honest.
>>
>>47115968
>When the creature is within 5 feet of the source, it pinpoints the source’s location.
You can believe anything you want it doesn't make it true, see flat earthers.
>For example, hacking one of it's limbs off ought to amount to a limbless undead trudging forwards as normal, now accompanied by an undead limb trying it's best to get to you.
Not how it functions at all in the rule set unless you have special undead, hence why you need a mostly intact corpse to create undead in most situations.
>This should by all means cause the undead difficulty - lowering it's speed or strength or dexterity, etc. but I do not agree that such an action would deal extra damage to the creature, and as such, believe that precision damage should not function on undead.
So make the rogue do ability damage to the undead? Ability damage that the Undead is Immune to?
Are you here to just say stupid things or do you actually use this rule set and ignore the rules?
>>
>>47116038
>>47115968
And that did not copy what I wanted it to meant to be.
>I am of the belief that any structural damage dealt to an undead is mostly meaningless until it accumulates enough to disable the animation magic.
You can believe anything you want it doesn't make it true, see flat earthers.
>>
>>47112421
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2rps6?Ring-of-Sustenance-and-the-Kineticist#18

>People with a RoS can't rest for 2 hours 12 times and recover 12x their level in hit points and 12 ability damage, after all.
>>
>>47112150
>...Guided only works with melee attacks.
Not necessarily; Guided only applies to Melee weapons, but it doesn't restrict soley to melee attack rolls. To answer >>47111952, Hand of the Acolyte uses Wis in place of Dex for the ranged attack roll with a melee weapon, and if that melee weapon has Guided, it would instead use Wis in place of Str when calculating the damage rolls.
>>
>>47116038
>Are you here to just say stupid things or do you actually use this rule set and ignore the rules?
Oh, excuse me, I wasn't aware stating how I'd prefer things to work is unintelligent. I'll abstain from any further comments, then. Please, don't allow my vapid nonsense to sully your discussion! Carry on, carry on.
>>
>>47116091
They just need to get a demiplane then.
>>47116182
Glady
>>
>>47116091
>Buying a shitcan worthless ring and spending tons of time just to heal HP and ability damage
>Not just casting 2 spells per person in less than a minute then taking a nap to get the spell slots back
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.