[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with chaotic stupidity? I have this player
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 33439834983.jpg (48 KB, 598x447) Image search: [Google]
33439834983.jpg
48 KB, 598x447
How do you deal with chaotic stupidity?

I have this player in my 5e group who plays a chaotic evil half-elf paladin carrying a scythe and dressed in black spiked armor with a pentagram who thinks evil means laughing all the time and murder-hoboing everything. He makes no effort at all to hide his murderous tendencies and the party is already thinking about leaving him.
>>
>>47103568
Tell the idiot he's at a 10 and he needs to tone down to at least 4.

And if not, then
>From the sky a rock falls
>It crushes your head
>Gods really hate you.
>So now, you're dead.
>>
>>47103568
>How do you deal with chaotic stupidity?
Consequences to actions, you are at an alternative reality, not at a movie or book
>>
>>47103568
How old are they? That'd change how lenient I am.
Some people just need to get it out of their system.
>>
>>47103635
>>47103740
>>47103701

He is eighteen, i think. I have no problems with killing the PC, but i wannna give him some clues first and see if he gets it. He's probably getting expelled from the next town the party goes to just because of his sheer evil appearance.
>>
>>47103568
Why did you let him play a Chaotic Evil character, especially one as shitty as that, you dingus?
You only have yourself to blame.
>>
>>47103864
Make sure he knows why at first. He may not even realize he is being Razors McEdgetron, so give him a chance to cut it out.

If not, kill his character and tell him to make one less stupid.
>>
File: paladin3.jpg (94 KB, 800x774) Image search: [Google]
paladin3.jpg
94 KB, 800x774
Obviously you have a very powerful paladin hunt down his character, one who is unaware that the character in question is mostly affecting his nature and not actually some indescribably powerful demon spawn
>>
>>47103568
1) do not allow such characters
2) let him know he is over the top and it isn't going to stand
3) allow rational consequences to happen - especially within the party (allow them to know this is ok)

you are past 1) of course. But talk to the guy and let him know he needs to calm it down a bit. Let him know there are consequences to actions. There is a reason people do not act like you describe in reality today (for the most part) and expect nothing to happen.

But you are likely to end up with 3) as your go to. In fact, you have to do this. Even if he says 'yeah' to toning it down, you need to allow consequences just the same.

And, the party, if they are 'good'...should leave him regardless. If not slay him.
>>
>>47103919
I wasn't expecting such a cartoonish villain as i usually have no problems with evil PCs.
>>
>>47103864
>but i wannna give him some clues first
again alternate univese
not a movie, book or tv show
>>
>>47103864
>i wannna give him some clues first and see if he gets it.
I'm sure that will work much more effectively than talking to him directly about the problem.
>>
>>47105318
> "You're way to dark, edgy and silly. You need to tone it back. Like, a lot."
> "Wait, is this a townsperson saying it to my character, or you saying it to me?"
> "Yes"
>>
>>47103568
Next time he's in a city while he's cackling and making it obvious he's gonna murder somebody the take-no-shit retired adventurer captain of the guard blows his ACL out with an antimagic billy club.

Your PCs aren't the only people with magic and shit. You don't have to go full forgotten realms but when people get out of line remind them that they're not the center of the universe.
>>
>>47105532
"Y'see this, son? I got this as thanks from a Princess for killin' a Lich. Now I dunno how the hell it works, but from prior experience, anythin' I point it at just straight-up explodes. Now, y' gonna settle down, son?"
>>
>>47103568
>lets a chaotic-evil aligned pc join
>complains about it later
He's just doing his job.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.