[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer: 40,000 General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: 40k general add.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
40k general add.png
1 MB, 1024x768
FAQ Draft is 100% Legal and Carved In Stone Edition.
No news of Imperial Armour 14 sub-edition
SoB are still not updated and people forget they even exist as an army sub-sub edition.
Duplicate File For General: Fuck You Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
What was positive about the FAQ?.
>>
>>47092431
My glorious dream of having a Wraith Host ferried by Dark Eldar Raiders and a Wave Serpent with a Webway Portal have been crushed...but this also means I can play something else and not be a cheesemongering fuckface.
>>
File: 99120106033_Maleceptor02.jpg (47 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99120106033_Maleceptor02.jpg
47 KB, 600x620
First for this thing got buffed but gg it still sucks
>>
Are Necrons still memetastic? I've been out of the game for a few years
>>
>>47092316
>>47092357
This is "Musical Wounds" all over again
>Ork players comb their codex for ways to make their shit slightly more viable
>cobble together rules (gubbins) to make something consistent
>...
>GW takes it away

kek
*sob*
>>
>>47092494
>*sob*

Triggered. We don't even have any medium tanks, or AA, or flyers, or FoW.

TRIGGERED.
>>
>>47092475
Tabletop? Sure. They're pretty fun in my opinion. Lots of neat stuff to use if you're not a WAACfag.

As for fluff? They have personality now instead of "lol kill all life cuz". But GW hasn't really done anything with them apart give them a load of great Relics in Shield of Baal.
>>
I can't believe Thousand Sons managed to become even worse with this FAQ.
At least before the Sorcerer could maybe potentially cast Doombolt and Tzeentch's Firestorm or Force up in the same turn if you had nothing better to do with the charges.
>>
>>47092499
I'm confused by what you meant with "we"...
>>
>>47092584
Right?

Ahriman got a gigantic kick in the nads with this.
>>
>>47092584
>>47092609
What happened to psykers in the FAQ?
>>
>>47092472
>Blood Angels
>Likely the most psychically gifted loyalist chapter
>Mephiston beats the Black Rage, becoming something more powerful
>Unlocks the full potential of his gene-seed, something nobody has ever done before
>Becomes stronger, faster, tough, a better pysker
>BA are already super powerful psykers and he just got buffed to insane levels
>1/4 of the way into Shield of Baal
>the fluff is written based on events that GW achieves in a battle report
>ohmygod.jog
>Meph (in fluff and likely on table) charges 3 Maleceptors and gets overwhelmed pyschically

Why? Why did they do this? All it did was make Mephiston look like a fucking bitch, an idiot and then a cry baby as he becomes a netlisting faggot who goes "FINE I'LL MAKE A PSYCHIC HOOD WHICH IGNORES THE SHADOW IN THE WARP!". Except it's 15 points and you can only have one relic, and woops, Mephy can't take it anyway and woops, Mephy doesn't have a ++ save, despite being a melee pysker and woops he's only ML3 and has lost one of his rolls to Sanguine Sword

Blood Angels are built up to be knocked down, it seems. Sevrin Loth is just super OP cause reasons. Tigirus can look into the Hive Mind itself, while Meph can't even take on three Maleceptors. Njal manages to conjure a storm to set off tetonic explosions in Prefectia.

Mephy, despite being the strongest, toughest, fastest and apparently one of the most powerful pyskers in the Imperium, he can't do jack shit. Either on TT orfluff. Melee or Pysker.
>>
>>47092604
I mean me and my sister
>>
>>47092646
Can't cast more than your ML number of powers.
>>
>>47092646
They actually confirmed ML = Max number of powers cast like they should have done in the beginning instead of the vague as fuck meaningless bullshit they used in the BRB.
Also stopped multiple psykers in the same unit from casting the same power someone else in the unit already used.
>>
>>47092646
Nothing people just didn't read the rulebook where it says, "The number of psychic powers a Psyker can use each turn depends on his
Mastery Level."
>>
>>47092710
>>47092699

This'll probably make powers that cost multiple warp charges a bit more usable, since it'll be harder to spam the cheap ones.
>>
>>47092699
This ML thing. I always assumed you could cast as many as your level.

For exampme. Mephiston would be.

1. Quickening
2. Sanguine Sword
3. Force Activation (that's a 'spell', right?)

And then you can't do anything else and unless you got lucky with Electroshield, you don't bother. Warpmetal armour isn't bad thou.
>>
>>47092690
>>47092699
>>47092710
Oh, then why the fuck are people complaining if nothing changed? I mean, psykers will ALREADY only have 1 more power than they can cast by default. So an ML3 libby will have 3 powers, plus the primaris. He then has to pick 3 out of the 4 to cast each turn.

That was already a thing in this game. Yet people are now bitching about it?
>>
>>47092519
Nigger please. Wraiths are the best point for point unit in the game, on top of being a huge pain in the ass to deal with.
And that decurion formation is the original gangster on the block.
>>
>mfw I don't even know how pyskers work in 40k
>mfw I don't know how the phase works
>mfw I don't know what a warp charge is, how to get it or what things do
>>
>>47092431
Gargantuan not having cover if they are not 25% obscured.
Finally.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 812x433) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 812x433
is it time my fellow magpies? to be great again or anything that counts?
>>
>>47092746
Have you considered opening a rulebook?
>>
>>47092739
I know anon, I just said if you weren't a WAACfag and used some of the other interesting units. You could have fun. I like lots of the shit they have.

Like the Tesseract Ark or Canoptek Sentinel.
>>
File: iwilneverstop.jpg (91 KB, 1559x784) Image search: [Google]
iwilneverstop.jpg
91 KB, 1559x784
>>47092746
> mfw I own 7 librarians
> mfw they never see the tabletop
> mfw my memory is so shot to hell, that even if I bring them, I wouldn't be able to use them because I'll just forget they even exist.
> mfw this sometimes happens even if I bring the cards and set them in the middle of the damn table
>>
>>47092730
>Oh, then why the fuck are people complaining if nothing changed?
I'd assume that people never actually went through the rulebook an instead just did what other people told them was correct.
>>
>>47092753
The way they phrased it also made it inadvertantly sound like normal vehicles DO get cover without being 25% obsucred as well, although that'd be a very odd change.
>>
>>47092774
I lost the BRB book. I should maybe download it, but I had hoped for a simple thing like

>roll dice
>that's how many warp charges you have
>you can now cast up to your ML in spells per phase
>left over is used to dispel/block stuff
>>
>>47092788
>I lost the BRB book. I should maybe download it, but I had hoped for a simple thing like
There is a pdf in the OP.
>>
>>47092746
>let's just make this phase as complicated as fucking possible for no good reason

Why not just give each psyker a dedicated power or set of powers they can directly pick from, and then during shooting they roll to cast it?

Rolls:

>5+ to cast without using a mastery level (could cast max of 1 power this way)

>4+ to cast if you use one mastery level

>3+ to cast if you use two mastery levels (if you have them)

etc.

And you could split your mastery levels. So if you're ML 4 you can cast 4 powers on 4+, 2 powers on 3+, one power on 2+, etc.
>>
>>47092788
Oh, well if you wanted a quick rundown.

You roll a d6, and each player adds the total mastery level of all their psykers. That's how many warpcharges each person gets.

Any psyker can spend warpcharges to cast powers they know, up to their mastery level.

The opposing player can use their warpcharges to try and deny.
>>
>>47092710
>"The number of psychic powers a Psyker can use each turn depends on his Mastery Level."
But that doesn't actually fucking tell you anything meaningful.
Was it because that your ML was the casting limit or was it that having a higher mastery level meant you would have more warp charges and thus could cast more spells? Until the FAQ happened you could have argued for either.

>>47092730
A ML3 Psyker who stuck in one discipline would have 5 powers, including Force.
>>
>>47092730

They are bitching because Librarius power spam. Also, a ML3 has 5 powers if he does Psychic focus. The 3 rollls, the primaris and focus.

All in all it would be a good FAQ if it hadn't buffed the Tau and Eldar to the sky while gimping Orks, CSM, Deldar and (depending on your playstyle) guard.

And yes, this comes from a marine player that ran a librarius of nearly 1000 points. Fuck, I will miss my two relics for Chapter Master Blingasius.
>>
>>47092419
So with this FAQ nerfing the VSG and Tankbustas, this is my only viable ork list.

C&C?

CAD-
HQ-
- Big Mek (Kustom Force Field, Da Finkin’ Kap, 2x Grot Oiler)-105
- Zhadsnark Da Rippa-150

No Slot-
- Mek-15
- Mek-15

Troops-
- 15x Warbikers (Nob, Power Klaw, Bosspole)-310
- 15x Warbikers (Nob, Power Klaw, Bosspole)-310

Heavy Support-
- 5x Lootas (3x Meks, 3x Grot Oilers)-99
- 4x Mek Guns (4x Traktor Kannon, 4x Ammo Runts, 1x additional grot)-135
- 4x Mek Guns (4x Traktor Kannon, 4x Ammo Runts, 1x additional grot)-135

Lord of War-
- Kustom Stompa (Krusha Ball, Mega-Klaw, 2x Kannon, 2x FlameBelcha, 2x Grot Bomm Launcha, Red Paint Job, Supercharger)-575

1850/1850

Party in the stompa with the meks, self explanatory.
>>
File: emp trump.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1169) Image search: [Google]
emp trump.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1169
>>47092777
>777

Praise be! Me too, but I actually have a reason to forgetting shit. Got a head injury, makes unimportant ot difficult stuff fade away. It's why I like physical codex, allows me to read stuff and remember it, visually.

/blog

You'll get to use them one day. Conclave isn't too insane now.

>>47092770
Trumpykins will do it anon.
>>
>>47092819
Buying Psychic powers would be great. I can see min-maxing issues cropping up, but being able to get a power reliably adds to the personality of characters in your force.
>>
>>47092814
Aye I'm doing it now.

>>47092822
Right. That's the bit I didn't get, the adding up bit.

Cause, I seem to remember, there is a formation in Warzone Damocles for the Imperial Guard which can make the formation ML8 in total. Which obviously would mean lots of charges if you have a Lib Conclave nearby as well.

Thanks anon.
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (38 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
38 KB, 560x560
I could really use some feedback on my list. it's 1500 pts with three detachments. IG/FW IG/Admech with an emphasis on killing tau faggotry via the Beasthunter shells.

>IG/735
>Pask/Punisher+Bolter Sponsons+Lascannon
>Exceutioner+Plasma Sponsons+Lascannon

>Veterans+Carapace+Flamer+Taurox
>Veterans+CamoGear+GLauncherx3+Autocannon+Chimera
the Servitors will be in the Chimera
>Wyvern

IG/FW Detach:430
>Vanquisher+Commander+Co-Axial Stubber+Artificer Hull+LasCannon+Beast Hunter Shells

>Troops
>Vanquisher+Lascannon+CoAxial Stubber+Beast Hunter Shells

admech/270
>Techpriest Dominus

>Troops
>Destroyer Servitors
>>
>>47092419
Who the fuck is that supposed to be in the OP image between the renegade/LatD and the Scion?
>>
>>47092841
I didn't mean buying, I mean literally in each unit entry they get powers they have automatically or can choose between. Characters would have set powers permanently.
>>
>>47092831
Is Zhad still legal to take?
>>
File: 276725136.jpg (97 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
276725136.jpg
97 KB, 800x680
Eldar Corsir army. Good idea or bad idea?
>>
>>47092884
Yep. The Kustom Stompa is far more out of date, Zhad is more recent than the Daemons codex.
>>
>>47092841
I think a better balance would be buying the spells you want and then rolling for them. So say, Endurance, Warp Speed, Iron Arm, Electroshield, Might of Heroes. The more you have, the more it costs.

So you got these spells in a 'table' you then roll. I dunno, basically I'm suggesting you make your own table by buying the powers you want. Then rolling on that table.

That way, you get 6 powers you want, but you don't get all 6. You get 3 (you don't get Lore Mastery if you use custom table).
>>
>>47092881

This kinda crops the flexibility of many characters. Tigurius stuck with one discipline comes to mind; librarians were only mildly useful thanks to being able to roll on the tables to counter some builds on the go.
>>
>>47092832
Yea, unlike tumblr, I would rather not go into the details of why my memory is so bad. I'm starting to bring librarians more now, since the cards came out that I can have right in front of me. Apparently the Lib conclave is pretty beastly when attached to a 10-man Honour Guard. I had a 5k game where the Invisible, Gates of Infinity, Enduranced' guys with 2+ saves managed to tank the entire combined shooting of the tau army across the board.

That being said, I don't take reserves of any kind at all. They suffer the same problem for me that psykers used to have.
>>
>>47092875
It's another scion, but the Operator-tier one. People liked the beret guys more so put them as 'leaders' with the Operator-tier one below it.
>>
>>47089616
I'm an ork player and I balk at the prospect of ever buying that piece of shit that is the Orkanauts.

GW will have to make the game actually work before I buy that pregnant dread.
>>
>>47092911
What do you run? As in, what Chapter? I'm sad that Loth can't fit into a Conclave.
>>
>>47092909
Who says they couldn't still counter stuff? Only now you could counter more intentionally and specifically if you had powers you could choose from already given to you.
>>
>>47092841
>Buying Psychic powers would be great.
The current way is fine. You really don't wan't me to consistently have a 2+ invulnerable save re-rolling 1's on my screamers.
>>
>>47092494
Every army used this tactic to some extent, though. I used it to kill Knights with a unit of charging Fire Warriors.
>>
>>47092928

Yeah right. Try countering a wraithguard unit with a biomancy Loth. Or a fearless blob with a divination Tigurius.

Kinda a good concept though.
>>
>>47092922
Ah, I run Raptors. Pretty much the only guys I have that would go in reserves are my Hammernators and Cataphractiis. I also used to have one of those stormtalons, but I sold it to the LGS.

My main strategy for competitive games right now is to have Lias Issodon infiltrate Grav-Cannons into shooting range on turn 1. In more casual games, I just stick to a single demi-company led by "Generic Captain 1"
>>
>>47092746
I'm Tau, too. I just kinda zone out during that phase.
>>
>>47092937

Nullzone is a godsend for this bullshit.
>>
>>47092419
ok i gotta ask, where is anyone seeing these FAQs? i've got a tournament starting tomorrow and i want to be on top of this stuff
>>
>>47092961
...what? They wouldn't have just one table. They would get powers to PICK from--that could be any power from any table they already have, or it could be specific ones balanced around them. They wouldn't be locked into one table.
>>
>>47092875
Still missing the genestealers, tho.
>>
File: Tkh9o.gif (681 KB, 278x300) Image search: [Google]
Tkh9o.gif
681 KB, 278x300
>>47092981
WH40k FB page. It's an album of pictures in order with page.
>>
>>47092673
pffft
>you don't see the other "Imperial Ally" forces complaining about their lack of options

>>47092941
Yeah, but do you need your fire warriors to be able to kill knights?
>>
>>47093057
>lack of complaining from allies

ok here we go

>scions need chimeras, snipers, more navy-SEAL-in-space shit

>Inquisition needs multiple acolyte types with different statlines and reasonably-priced wargear

>Skits need something other than a maniple and war convo

>assassins are boring, overpriced and bad
>>
>>47093093
Sure, not ever codex is as well rounded as SM/IG but my point remains.
>sisters players complain the most of all allies
>literally "orks and nids" tier complaining when they have so many fluffy allies
>>
>Vehemence attack pattern.
Once again MC>Vehicles
>Intolerance
>Lul fuk Burnabommas
>Indomitable
>Twice as useless.
>Fortitude
>Lul fuck Wazbomms KFF and the formation too

After this and the FAQ I'm just gonna put my Orks in storage and cheese up my Eldar, If I can't have fun, noone else will either.
>>
>>47092896
Not bad, they are pretty mid tier. They are everything Dark Eldar should be.
>>
>Q: If a unit consists of more than one Faction, what Faction does the unit count as when targeted by special abilities that affect one of the Factions in that unit?
A: They count as having all the Factions of the models in the unit.

does that mean sticking a tyranid prime in a broodkin unit makes them suddenly get buffs from nidstuff? stick a commissar lord in a spess marin squad to give them orders?
>>
>>47093170
If I played sister I'd mostly complain just because shite metal models that look like manfaces.
>>
I want to buy some paints, but I don't need any models right now.

I am tempted though to buy a knight box, but I would never be able to field a renegade knight for logistical reasons, let alone two.

Also as powerful as knights are I am very conditioned now to be instantly wary of any unit over 300 points. My codex is full of too many bloated options that achieve too little.
>>
>>47092494
Tankbusta bombs count as melta bombs, which are not grenades. So the ruling does not affect tankbustas. If anything, they are even more valuable now.
>>
>>47093170
>IG
>well rounded

They're doing pretty bad.

>SM
>well rounded

It's basically a bunch of OP bullshit propping up overcosted power armor units that every other army is designed to be cheaper than and more powerful than.
>>
>>47093288
Melta bombs are grenades, as they're listed under the grenades section.
>>
>>47093288
>melta bombs, which are not grenades.
>GRENADES OF THE 41st MILLENNIUM
>>
http://www.advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24585

Tau seems happy with the FAQ.
>>
>>47093362
>>47093367
My mistake, you are both correct. Thank god I don't run tankbustas holy shit.
>>
So can Orks just no longer deal with Imperial Knights?
>>
>>47093447
I own 22 tankbustas.

I'm thinking I might sell them along with the rest of my orks. The new flyer update and then nerfs to VSG's and Tankbustas is really putting the nail in the coffin for Ork viability.
>>
File: this kills the Tankbustas.jpg (96 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
this kills the Tankbustas.jpg
96 KB, 1000x600
>>47093208

>Leave for three days to supervise kids on a school camp
>Return to scans of the new Ork flyers
>They're shit
>Check the new scans of new Flyers rules
>Shit for Orks
>Check the FAQ
>Orks' best unit nerfed to dogshit level

And they said codex specific FAQs are coming out in a few weeks. I can't wait to see what delicious surprises are in store there. They'll probably destroy our last competitive build by removing Nobs in a Naut.

On a side note, was anyone else blown away by how many questions in the FAQ were ones that were blatantly answered in the rulebook?
>>
>>47093495
>On a side note, was anyone else blown away by how many questions in the FAQ were ones that were blatantly answered in the rulebook?

No, because even on /tg/ faggots can't be bothered to read the rules.
>>
>>47093480
Pretty much. I guess that a Klawstompa can deal with one, but those cost way more than a knight, and knights can have more than 1/army in most tournament formats.

This is why I'm getting depressed about my viability here.

I used to be able to sacrifice a 130 point unit by having them jump out of a Gunwagon, kill a knight, and die in the explosion. Now they don't do shit.
>>
>>47093495
it's going to be some massive nerfs for Orks is my bet.

GW could fix this by just flat-out increasing eldar points and buffing the shit out of orks, but I have lost all hope a long that GW gives a fuck about ork players
>>
>>47093486
At least wait until they finalize and cement these into actual rules, plus the codex specific FAQs. People are complaining about the grenades in melee thing all over the place so maybe it won't stick. Orks are my first army and I too have considered selling them but with my luck they'll get revamped the moment I let them go. The flyer update fucking sucks though. I was days away from buying two dakkajets. In a way I'm glad I can spend the money elsewhere but I'm bummed they're getting nerfed so badly.
>>
>FAQ says you can use blasts against Flyers and FMC if they have Skyfire
>Oh sweet, all Flyers can have Skyfire if they choose
>Most Flyers now lose Skyfire

It's like poetry.
>>
File: IT JUST WERKS.gif (329 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
IT JUST WERKS.gif
329 KB, 300x300
>Fast Skimmer passengers must fire SS if it goes over 6"
Fuck Offffffffffffff
>>
>>47092981
I doubt the tournament starting tomorrow will use those FAQ:s yet as those are an early draft
>>
>>47093590
It rhymes.
>>
File: 1c9.jpg (58 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
1c9.jpg
58 KB, 500x332
>Tfw play orks, eldar and CSM

So anyone have any experience with the new corsairs army list?

Its the only flavor of eldar not played at the local shop and I thought I would look into it
>>
File: WRYYYYYYYYYYYYY.png (97 KB, 403x392) Image search: [Google]
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYY.png
97 KB, 403x392
>>47093595
>If the vehicle jinks, passengers have to SS
Thank fuck my list only has 2 units on transports
>>
>>47093616
you can't play eldar and bitch.

I play CSM, Guard, and BA, I get to bitch
>>
You all demanded GW fix the game and make more FAQs.

Now look. They actually managed to break the game even harder despite setting out to fix it.

You should've just let GW do its thing. It wouldn't have been good but it'd have been better than this.
>>
File: monkeypaw.jpg (27 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
monkeypaw.jpg
27 KB, 512x384
>>47093653

>I wish GW would update the FAQs
>>
>>47093590
FM's remain infinitely better than Flyers as a result of that stupid Fucking supplement. They just get to hit flyers with templates now. Because fuck vehicle flyers.
>>
>>47093678
What if all I want is plastic sisters? No rules even, just plastic
>>
>>47093699
flying monstrous creatures are the bane of my fucking existence.
>>
File: 2.jpg (110 KB, 851x1280) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
110 KB, 851x1280
>>47093701
Okay, you get female heads/boob plates to convert space marines for an extra 50$ for 3 heads/torsos

They look like tau females
>>
>>47092690
Been spouting it for months and being told I was wrong, fucking knew I was correct about it.
>>
>>47093701
>metal SoB are turned into Finecast "plastic"
>no updates for SoB for decades since they got "an entire range update"
>>
File: 565443345.jpg (19 KB, 549x170) Image search: [Google]
565443345.jpg
19 KB, 549x170
Blitz Brigade is kill.

I'm happy that jinking FMC's can't vector strike.

I'm pissed that jinks can be done in overwatch.

I'm happy psychic powers with no profile automatically hit.
>>
I'm super happy that GMC's and SHV now have to declare all shots and all targets before any to hit rolls are made.

What are your favourite contradictions in the FAQ though??
>>
I've been shitting on WargameExclusive's cheesecake and tits minis since they've been making them, but I've got absolutely zero problem with this one.
>>
>>47093729
Mine too. Quite literally, I have no way to deal with my brother's multiple Flyrants now.
>>
just remember its a draft and some answers make no sense or contradict the brb, so not everything is going into the FAQs exactly like these drafts have them now.

a lot of it will, but they might change the drop pod thing, or the weird lance and quantum shielding cancel either out because, or the grenade thing, cause it's never been like that ever and looks like someone just copy pasted from the shooting rules and wasn't paying attention.

then again, this is gw, so... pray to rngjesus and hope.
>>
>>47092664
Since when does tabletop follows the fluff ? Yeah nn it never did.

You are playing a game where space marines are 1,75m tall, where 50 guardsmen (out of the 9001 quadrifucktillion available) curbstomp a tactical squad of ten so called superhuman that the fluff said were able to conquer a planet with a squad of them, and a solar system with a company.

Top Kek.
>>
>>47092873
Dont use plasmas on tanks anymore. New FAQ stated that Pref.Enemy doesnt help against overheats so you lose 16,66% of your firepower right there due overheats.
>>
>>47092664
>Likely the most psychically gifted loyalist chapter
That's the Blood Ravens. You Blood Angels faggots desperately trying to cling to whatever you can to make yourselves seem different from regular C:SM is cute.
>>
>>47092753
But that's only for Flying ones. Regular MC and GC still get it.
>>
>All of these fuckwits raging over "nerfs" that are just clarifications.
>>
>>47093824
Thats actually pretty cool. Warp Spider Exarch?
>>
>>47093595
That is exactly what the rules say.

Passengers fire snapshot if the vehicle moves at cruising speed.
Cruising speed is still over 6" for fast vehicles.
Fast has no effect on passengers.
>>
>>47092664
>Njal manages to conjure a storm to set off tetonic explosions in Prefectia.
The Space Wolves were on Prefectia? I thought it was only Raven Guard, White Scars and a bunch of later founding chapters no one cares about
>>
>>47094101
That could be disputed based on the wording. They should probably clarify it.
>>
>>47094125
>All these retards coming out of the woodworks claiming that 1-relic-per-character was always how its been
>>
>>47094153
No, it's pretty specific. The interesting implication is that regular vehicles now benefit from toe-in-cover, since fliers are specifically forbade from it.
>>
>>47094079
Except he's right you doublenigger. Blud rehvans are relatively new and often rumoured to be descended from thousand sons genestock. However, given their propensity for psykers and their blood iconography they could just as easily be Blood Angel's successors.
>>
File: vidya.jpg (116 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
vidya.jpg
116 KB, 600x600
>>47094167
the blood raven deathwatch model says "VIDYA" on the knee pad
>>
>>47093795
>I'm happy that jinking FMC's can't vector strike.
What? Where?
>>
>>47094159
No, specific would be "Flying Monstrous Creatures, and Flying Gargantuan Creatures" not "Flying Monstrous Creatures and Gargantuan Creatures". There is room for interpretation that needs clarification. Which is fine, that is why these FAQs are WIP. But vehicles gaining the benefit of a toe in cover is pretty stupid.
>>
>>47094183
Where the fuck are your knees?
>>
>>47094183
That's his shin, genius.
>>
>>47094183
Vidya apparently means knowledge in Sanskrit or something, which is in line with the Blood Raven's motto of "knowledge is power, guard it well" or something along those lines.

It makes sense for GW to make the Librarian a Blood Raven. It adds some variety to the main 9 old legions and they're well known due to Dawn of War.
>>
>>47094183
like. that's a legit thing of theirs before they became the main chapter of relic's games. Vidya was the name of their first chapter master. it's "knowledge" or something in a non-english language
>>
>>47094220
well, uh, the shin guard does also cover the knee, uh, so I guess it is also a really big knee pad

>>47094072
>Pref.Enemy doesnt help against overheats
where did it say this?

this ruins reroll plasma dependent armies like scions

>>47094249
yeah it is probably a coincidence

but a funny coincidence no?
>>
>>47094261
the pref enemy change is only for vehicles.
>>
>>47094261
>where did it say this?
In FAQ. But it only affects overheating blast and template-weapons, not normal weapons since that blast d6 roll for getshot "is not a to-hit roll"

Now that I think about this, this actually makes the new ork flyer quite shittier, too.
>>
>>47094261
The PE thing is specifically gets hot blast weapons. Just being able to re-roll a to hit of 1 isn't enough to re-roll your Gets hot check.
>>
>>47094271
>>47094276
>>47094281
ok

makes plasma cannons a little bit worse but I don't think people ever gave infantry those anyway.
>>
i don't even play space marines but
" A Captain or Chapter Master may take itemS from the Melee Weapons, Ranged Weapons, Special Issue Wargear and/or Chapter Relics lists."

doesn't that mean you can still take multiple relics since it specifies items in plural?
>>
>>47094297
it has ruined a leman russ variant for the guard
to make them work you have to run a whole support squad of psykers now
>>
>>47094306
No, necrons have the same wording but the restriction still applies.
>>
>>47094316
how? it's literally them saying otherwise
>>
>>47094342
Its because its listing all the options, don't read so much into it. If it only said chapter relics you might have a leg to stand on.
>>
>>47093814

That's how it always should have been. If you're simultaneously targeting multiple things, you can't go "Oh, I stop time like the Matrix and since these cannons missed I'm going to aim my lascannons at the first target instead even though I started shooting with the lascannons aimed elsewhere lol".
>>
>>47094155
There are a few changes but just in this thread there's a bunch of people complaining.about changes that aren't changes.
>>
>>47094358
no if it said
"may take items from the Melee Weapons, Ranged Weapons, Special Issue Wargear and/or an item from the chapter relics list"
you might have a leg to stand on
i don't doubt it's possible GW meant it that way but they worded it in a way that allows you to take multiple chapter relics
>>
>>47092831
Remove Krusha Ball and get that stompa a Bursta Kannon. Also one Gigashoota could prove more useful than a second flamebelcha unless you only play aganist pod-marines. And give that shit a Deff Arsenal.
>>
>>47093912
Grenades. One per unit per phase. It's right there in the BRB.
>>
>>47094397
Superheavy and GC shooting has always been "declare all shots first" in every edition since 4th (when Apoc was introduced). I have no idea where these people got the idea they could resolve shots until they got the desired outcome then move on.
>>
>>47094406
My overlord is worded the same way and I can't take multiple relics.
>>
>>47094411
One "thrown" per unit per phase. It then goes on to describe grenades in assault using "clamping down" on vehicles / fortifications etc. I thought that FAQ was directed at clarifying grenades in overwatch.
>>
>>47094167
Fuck off ADB, we all know the Blood Ravens are Thousand Sons successors and there's nothing you can do about it. Don't you have more shitty waifus to be ruining Space Marine stories with anyways?
>>
>>47094313
Now nothing will help you against gets hot as Its not a rolling to hit roll, ammo dump? Prescience? Twin linked? Fuck you and your plasma blasts.

Damn it GW, guard didnt need this nerf.
>>
>>47094135
Sculptor doesn't say, and I don't know enough about Eldar. I'm a fan of tau and I hate the samurai/asscrack tau she does, but this looks fucking sweet.

Makes me want to look into their fluff and art and shit.
>>
>>47094159
That's why they need the clarification. This is an FAQ beta.
>>
>>47094494
Its only re roll ones that's stopped from doing it.
>>
>>47094490
>No Flesh Change
>No Rubric

Those are big flaws in Blood Ravens being Thousand Sons.
>>
>>47094494

There's a chance of this one being ironed out: It's one of those "the FAQ guy didn't bother reading the rules before answering questions on them" ones, and people are posting to let them know about it on those ones.
>>
>>47094419
It 100% describes picking a weapon, shoot target, pick next weapon, shoot target in BRB.
>>
>>47094183
Vidya is also a name. My doctor's name in fact.
>>
Does anyone know where I can find the formation that Kaptin Badrukk and the Flash gitz supposedly has?
>>
>>47094545
Well you doc is a Ork
>>
>>47094579
Orruk!!!!!!!¡!!!!!!!!¡†
>>
>>47094152
Sorry, I meant that White Scars dude. I'm knackered. As for Njal I meant in Warzone Fewnris he's like "bark bark bark" I drift off....
>>
>>47094494!
ammo dump no longer works and psykers are costly and squishy to keep them within 12 inch of a frontline tank is risky don't see how you could get twin linked another way
>>47094540
yeah it makes 0 sense that non blast weapons get the cheap reroll while blast weapons need twin linked
>>
>>47094167
Well *the* most prominent thing of the blood angels and their descendants is the black rage, something unheard of in Blood Raven lore. Also they have none of the special BA stuff (Lucifer Engine, Baal Pattern Pred....)
>>
>>47094536
The Rubric spell only affected Prospero. This is mentioned many times. It is also mentioned many times that lots of units of various Legions were spread over the galaxy. It's canon that Raven Guard went traitor/renegade as Black Shields.

Etc. So it's possible they're TK.

The only link they have to Blood Angels is:

1. Blood in the name
2. They are very sensitive to the warp/pysker

That's it. None of them go mad, literally all BA Chapters go mad, though some keep it away by doing stuff. That one successor chapter seemed to fix it and then went renegade/killed themselves when Tzeentch got involved. Apparently they were told writing poetry and painting frescos was gay as fuck and they should go murder shit instead. So they went and killed themselves in an impossible battle, against who? Nobody knows, but the records don't state they did it against the Imperium.
>>
>>47094579
Yes. Why?

>Formation :
>Kaptain Badrukk
>2 units of Flash Gitz
>Restrictions: All units of Flash Gitz must have 10 models

>Special Rules:
>Kaptain Badrukk's Flash Gitz: During deployment, the controlling player can choose to form Kaptin Badrukk and all of the units of Flash Gitz in this Formation into a single unit known as Kaptin Badrukk's Flash Gitz. Badrukk cannon leave this unit. Kaptain Badrukk's Flash Gitz counts as 3 units for Victory Point purposes if it is completely destroyed.

>Kustomized: All snazzguns carried by models in this Formation have the Master-Crafted special rule

Happy?
>>
>>47094674
They actually have all that stuff

I would rather question the founding legion of the Sons of Sanguinius chapter. The BA have met them roughly a week after the Blood Ravens, and they have the Black Rage, but they lack any kind of typical BA armory They actually lack everything, even power armors
>>
>>47094692
>Etc. So it's possible they're TK.

Tomb Kings were squatted, brah.

Seriously now. I am not the original who said they were Blood Angels.

The Blood Raven geneseed is pure except for a single flaw. They don't suffer the Flesh Change like the rest of the Thousand Sons.

And What I meant by no Rubric is that they weren't there on Prospero to have their Flesh Change cured. So unless they explain how the Blood Ravens escaped the Flesh Change, then them being TS is not possible Imo.
>>
Can an assault squad Sargent take an eviscerator chain sword?
>>
>>47093495
wait what's the point on giving an entire unit melta bombs then if only one model can use it anyway??
>>
>>47094768
Yes.
>>
>>47094780

If that one model dies?

Still not super useful and makes my Seraphim really sad. Inferno Pistols + Charge with Krak was pretty good for wiping tanks off the map.
>>
>>47094780
Backup bombs.
>>
>>47094784
Good just making sure thanks! also does that mean that if I have a squad of 10 I can have two?
>>
>>47094749
Well I think TK will be rebooted as some Undead rebelling against Nagash, but it'll be a narrative campaign bollocks. Funnily enough, AoS has points now. I might play it now.

But this is 40k, I'm tired and said TK instead of TS.

Also, I see your point, but didn't some author go "I thought I made it too obvious they're TS successors"?

So, if they're not Blood Angels (no Red Thirst/Black Rage, unless being so obsessed with stealing and knowledge suppresses it) or Thousand Sons. What are they? They're a heavy psychic chapter and the main 'psyker' chapters were:

1. Thousand Sons
2. Blood Angels
3. Sons of Horus/Luna Wolves

So, are they Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus successors?
>>
>>47094797
Also yes.
>>
>>47094815
Thanks matte
>>
>>47094791
SoB are one of the only armies which are not great, but not awful, and thus don't suffer too much. Flamers are great. Melta will always be dangerous. Heavy Bolters shred GEQ.

Not perfect, but at least you can pop cheap as chips Inquisitors in and get some cool shit. Also, didn't the BRB always say you could only throw one grenade?
>>
>>47094808
>"I thought I made it too obvious they're TS successors"?

Yeah, McNeil.

However, ADB is lobbying other authors and the chief editor Laurie Goulding to stop the Blood Ravens from being written revealed as Thousand Sons. He said that if he geets to write anything Thousand Son related he will make it impossible for the Blood Ravens to be Thousand Sons.
>>
>>47094780
My favorite thing is several kits that include Melta Bombs include several of them. Just in case you REALLY need to make sure your opponent is aware of the fact that your dude is packing a Melta bomb.
>>
>>47094276
Im looking in the FAQ and I don't see it. Which section is it in?
>>
>>47094834

>Also, didn't the BRB always say you could only throw one grenade?

Yeah. The iffy area has always been if using a grenade in melee counted as throwing it as it's well...melee.
>>
>>47094866
If that is the case, ADB needs to be pushed into oncoming traffic. BR being TS is one of the coolest aspects of the chapter. Also opens the possibility for other armies composed of loyalist members of the traitor legions. People often say Red Scorpions are loyalist Emperor's Children.
>>
>>47094866
ADB can fuck off. Let people write what they want. I can understand not wanting out and out blatant "yes they're TS successors", but giving hints and shit, but never saying it. Is awesome.

Look at Frozen. The Disney film. It's very blatantly about a woman in love with her sister, sexually, and trying to get over the social stigma and guilt of it. Yet it never out and out goes "I want to fuck you". It's hinted and the fans see the subtext.

So that for BR would be fine.
>>
>>47094834
Previous editions had them work for each model, so it was assumed it kept working the same way.
>>
>>47094866
Wow, ADB's a petty cunt.
>>
>>47094909
>It's very blatantly about a woman in love with her sister, sexually, and trying to get over the social stigma and guilt of it.

No, it's not.
>>
>>47094923
>>47094909
>>47094891
>believing the resident shitposter that is Carnac

TIPPITY TOP KEK
>>
>>47094929
The fanart says differently, but OK, so does the media in the last week demanding Eliza comes out as a lesbian and gets a girlfriend.

:^)
>>
>>47094891
He just wants 40K to keep its mystery. He is against 30K revealing too much of the mysteries of the 40K. He was also against and tried to stop Guy Haley from writing that the Tyranids were attracted to the galaxy by one of the events of the HH. But the BL/GW editorial meeting okay'ed it despite his protests.

Anyway, ADB might get what he wants with the Blood Ravens. Arvida the TS guy who foresaw the Blood Ravens in the McNeil book and the one speculated to be the founder of the Blood Ravens, has went into coma after his fleshchange got activated in the lastest HH book. Now he is in dire condition under the care of Malcador.
>>
>>47094940

Fanart has every draenei female being a well-endowed futa. Not that I mind

People have been trying to co-opt Frozen since it came out. It doesn't mean anything aside from the fact that certain interest groups will try to co-opt EVERYTHING.
>>
>>47094940
>The fanart says differently, but OK

Is this moron seriously trying to use this as an argument? Because inserting smug smiley doesn't make you not a retard.

Let's take a look at 40k fanart to see just how unfathomably stupid this motherfucker is, shall we?
>>
>>47094978
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2016/05/02/frozen-2-social-media-users-want-disney-to-give-elsa-a-girlfrien/

Uh-huh.

>>47094966
That's my point. It is a meme and it is accepted to be the case. Which is why shit like this happens, see my link about.
>>
>>47094930
>>If I recall correctly, ADB hates 'Dawn of War', though, and he's doing the Black Legion stuff right now. In fact, he hates it almost as much as he hates "DARTH VADER BUILT C-3PO!!!"-continuity...

-Laurie Goulding chief editor of the HH from
>>
>>47094940
It's most likely bait, but let's bite

>fanart
>having any actual value
There are a ton of pics of female characters being raped/cheating on their canon love interest. Do you think that means anything outside of the fact that some people have really shit fetish?

There have been people claiming lesbian sub tones from the very first day, but they are the same people not intelligent enough to understand that Let it Go is not an empowering song, at best it would represent a gay person that after having been found out run away to another country to be a prostitute
Also lesbian /= incest
>>
>>47094951
>wants 40k to keep it's mystery
>will completely remove the possibility that the blood ravens are TS by hamfisting in some bullshit line no doubt
yeah he's a fag unless the blood ravens are his OC he has no right
>>
>>47095004
My point is, friend, is that memes force the view of things. For example, you know the UK flag? Well people call it the Union Jack. That is incorrect. It's the Union Flag. But because people have called it the Union Jack for so long, it has become that by default. It's stupid, but do you see how, and this is literally memetic stuff, that shit becomes the way it is due to people forcing/encouraging it to do so.

In short, the 'fans' say Eliza is a lesbian, so she is. Until said otherwise. Same shit with anime yuri sub-text shit that /u/ faps over.
>>
File: LG on ADB and Ravens.png (115 KB, 1320x614) Image search: [Google]
LG on ADB and Ravens.png
115 KB, 1320x614
>>47094994
>Everything was canon once... wink.gif Except 'Dawn of War'. The sooner we put a stop to the Blood Ravens/Thousand Sons wishlisting, the better... laugh.gif

-Laurie Goulding chief editor of the HH from the First Expedition Forum (his Forum)

http://z13.invisionfree.com/The_First_Expedition/index.php?showtopic=1124&st=0

It's well known how much ADB hates the TS and BR connection and is trying to stop it (picture related). He might get his way.
>>
>>47094425
I agree, that it's not clear, if multiples are allowed, when it's grouped together like that. However, it's different with (for example) Eldar and Harlequins:
Both have the option for relics as a stand-alone sentence, not grouped together with other wsrgear. Eldar codex says "items", clearly plural, Harlequin codex says "one item", specifically forbidding multiples.

So the FAQ nos adresses this difference in wording, forbidding multiple relics alltogether.
Or could you argue the eldar codex specifically allows them?
>>
>>47095022
The earth is flat, that was a meme so it must have been true.
>>
>>47094994
What's your point Carnac? He has an opinion and his opinion is he doesn't like thing? Okay, he doesn't like thing.

What does that have to do with anything? The BR are never mentioned to be TS in the game, so why is he pissed?

If he didn't like what was happening, he should of applied to be a writer. The fact CS Goto then wrote the novels proves he couldn't give a fucking toss and didn't want to change SHIT.
>>
>>47095040
It was true until proven otherwise, same shit with Eliza being a lesbian. They say the Earth is flat (nobody did actually, nobody of any scientific worth ever said the Earth was flat). Hell, the fucking Greeks said the Earth was round. That's fucking BC shit. Roger Bacon wrote the Earth was flat in 13th century.

So, in short, it might have been a meme with people until proven otherwise. Same shit with Eliza.
>>
Guys, this is /40kg/, let's not start arguing about Disney movie. That's for other generals in other boards

And, anyway, Tangled is much better than Frozen
>>
>>47094951
So dude is in a coma, being overseen by one of the dudes that could do something like make Loyalist Thousand Sons a thing, and it is pointing AWAY from BR being TS?!
>>
>>47095042
>What's your point Carnac?

I am informing an anon who is interested in the Blood Ravens that there is a battle between authors over the Blood Ravens. McNeil and Relic want to force the Blood Ravens to be TS while ADB is trying his best to stop it. It goes beyond having an opinion, he is actively trying to stop it.

Let me see if I can dig up what he said about Goto.
>>
>>47095022
>In short, the 'fans' say Eliza is a lesbian, so she is. Until said otherwise.

The vast majority of the fans of Eliza are young girls. They don't hold any views about her sexuality.

A vocal minority on the internet who hold forth that she must be a lesbian doesn't equal a majority view.
>>
>>47095065
Magnus couldn't stop the Flesh Change. What chance does Malcador have?
>>
>>47094815
>>47094797
>>47094784
>>47094768
I also have a question related to this guy's question. So if I have 10 assault Marines one being a Sargent does that mean 2 regular guys can take the EV chainwords and the Sargent just takes what ever?
>>
>>47095074
And yet, minority shit happens, shit is censored enmasse due to vocal minorities.

Whatever, ok, I'm wrong, you're all right. I'm out.
>>
>>47095082
Yes.
>>
>>47095076
Being less of a fuck up than magnus.
>>
File: ADB on Ravens.png (319 KB, 989x902) Image search: [Google]
ADB on Ravens.png
319 KB, 989x902
>>47095067
Found it.

ADB is the hero we don't deserve. He respects the mystery of 40K universe and doesn't wan it ruined.
>>
>>47095076
Maybe not being a retard will help him find a solution that Magnus didn't notice
>>
>>47095097
Cool thanks
>>
>>47095039
The plural isn't enough to be a specific allowance.
>>
>>47095067
My point is, if he cared so much about what happened to his precious TS, he should have got fucking involved.

I even agree with him, don't out and out mention it, but give hints. But the fact ADB is being a prick and getting into a dick slapping contest over the fucking fluff is stupid as fuck.

He should have got involved a long time ago.

Subtly is key, I agree, that's half the fun. Half the fun is the hints that they're X or Y and patching it all together.

But it sounds like ADB wants to undo lots of peoples work cause he doesn't like thing.

>>47095105
Seen it before and it's a load of crap. That's like saying Demonfuige is 'divergent' because they refer to daemons as demons and SoB are literally unable to even love another person, let alone have relationships. Which, of course, got changed later on by Sandy Mitchell and that other time.

C.S.Goto's stuff might be stupid as fuck, but it's canon until it's changed. Otherwise you have to invent a timeframe where it's considered part of the fluff or not.
>>
>come in to enjoy some /40kg/
>it's a person argues with Carnac and doesn't realise what a waste of time it is episode

Whelp, I'll turn off the TV then, do something else and hope the program changes when I'm back.
>>
>>47095120
I figured as much, just wanted to bring it up, that prior to the FAQ multiple relics wasn't just WAAC rules bending, as it is much clearer than the grouped wording
>>
>>47094991
>post specifically addresses only the fanart argument
>brings up social media users instead of fanart
>as if either of those arguments have any validity to begin with

It's like I've discovered an entire new plane of retardation.
>>
>>47095100
>>47095108
Pretty much exactly these reasons are why Malcador could unfuck the Thousand Sons and make the Blood Ravens. Magnus is Fucking worthless.
>>
>>47095035
>that pic

How about you stop writing about major characters, groups and events in such an ill advised manner, if they can't hold true on anything. I don't mind inconsistencies in shit when it's not happening to the same people and about major events. When you're telling small stories as part of a large universe, you can easily explain all inconsistencies with "well, it was just that one time" or "it was how they perceived it, not the objective truth". But when you have the same characters being inconsistent from novel to novel, what's the point even?

Also, isn't this Mk. "Coherent IP and logical market appeal" who took a shit on people who couldn't make sense of the changes in the fluff and how they should just trust GW, they know what they're doing?
>>
>>47095126
>My point is, if he cared so much about what happened to his precious TS, he should have got fucking involved.

The thing is....nobody takes Cs Goto books serious. People and authors dismiss it on the fly.

But if it's written in the HH series which is the most edited and monitored series in the whole IP, then it's pretty much set in stone and there is nothing he can do to dislodge it. Like the fact that the Tyranids have been attracted to the galaxy because of what happened to Sotha. It will remain canon forever now.
>>
>>47093639
Feelsgoodman.jpg
My meltavets dont care anyway.
>>
>>47095174
Yeah, it's the same guy.
>>
>>47095035
>darth vader built c-3po
there are like 18 options (and 2 ultra special snowflake ones)
it's not that big of a stretch
but ooh no everything has to be ultramarines
>>
>>47095177
> will remain canon forever now.
doubt.jpg
>>
>>47095004
>Let it Go is not an empowering song, at best it would represent a gay person that after having been found out run away to another country to be a prostitute
Am I having a stroke? How is it not anything but an empowering song?

Or do you mean to the people who see nothing but lesbian subtext?
>>
>The initial "Oh, look..." for the Tyranids should probably be because of the loudest, brightest light in the galaxy, no? Something that would attract the Great Devourer's attention? Maybe something like the manifest psychic energy of hundreds of dying psykers every day channelled through the will of a living god acting as the salvation of Mankind and the reason Warp travel is possible. The Emperor's psychic might, reaching across fifty thousand light years of the galaxy, illuminating the darkness of the Warp. It's even called "the Ray of Hope", and it's heralding the galaxy's death from beyond the galactic rim. That's thematically beautiful. That's pure 40K.

>Rather than, say, an infinitely lesser artefact getting switched on and off.

>>I mean, I get it. It's a hook and it makes yet another 40K trope have "more important" roots in the Heresy, and is yet another example of 40K ignorance, and the whole point of 40K is ignorance. But it's not particularly thematically strong, the same way Darth Vader building C3-P0 certainly helped continuity but didn't actually add anything. Sometimes the old lore we've loved for 25+ years is good enough not to change. The Tyranids coming to the galaxy, drawn by the Emperor's light, is awesome and a major factor in their lore since they started getting lore.

>>Though, again, I feel comfortable enough revealing all this because eight squilllion of these conversations happen all the time (this one happened long before Guy even joined the team, for example) and winning or losing them runs about equal. Then there are the ones you win which you regret winning, and the ones you lose which you decide you prefer after all. It's a bizarre amount of fun.

-ADB on Guy Haley's "HH : Pharos"

Dude is doing his best to protect the feel of 40K. He is so based.
>>
>>47095105
>hurr durr the BR=TS connection relies on a secret conspiracy between Games Workshop and Relic
>hurr durr I take a position, make it ridiculous, and then criticise it
Remind me why anything that is in that picture has any value? Having a position on a fan theory is fine. Using his position to wave his opinion around like engorged unmentionables is not.
>>
So is there anyway to have a good looking unit of noise marines without having to buy the overpriced upgradeset from GW?
>>
>>47095105
>they can have traitor geneseed
>just not thousand sons geneseed
Uh-huh. You know what really breaks 40k immersion? Thousand Sons sorcerers running around with Dark Eldar and Daemon waifus.
>>
>>47093495
That's a pretty substantial indirect buff for my Household. No more Haywire Grenade or Meltabomb suicide units ruining a knight in one assault.
>>
>>47095229
By a "lesbian pov" it's definitely not an empowering song, but I would argue that even outside of that point of view it's not an empowering song and, if it was supposed to be, it ended up being as a broken aesop.
Elza is basically forced to run away from anyone she loves and anyone who loves her to be able to express her power because she's too scared of her own power and the reaction of the people to try to make them understand she isn't a monster, like it happened in the end of the movie.
She chooses to live alone, away from everyone, for the rest of her life because that's the only way she can "let it go". She has just exchanged a psychological solitude with a physical, "real" solitude
Also Let it Go is arguably the best song of the movie, and we all know that the villain song is always the best song in a Disney movie. The real villain is the insecurity of Elza, and the plot twist of the prince is pure shit, completely unnecessary
>>
I'm surprised how many people have been playing the game wrong with the nades thing. Holy shit learn to read.
>>
>>47095294
Check out the Sonic Guns from Spellcrow, they are pretty good.
>>
>>47095347
"Throwing" a grenade and shoving it down some giant squid's throat are two different things.
"Throwing" grenades during assault phase applies to overwatch but not to the fight subphase. While I enjoy the nerf to haywire grenades it doesn't make sense that you have to pay those grenades for your whole squad
>>
>>47095105
Can someone explain to me how ADB considers himself more relevant than goto when he is the author of the cringefest that is the Night Lords trilogy ?

Seriously, fuck this petty cunt. BR being TS successors is awesome and gives them more personality than most of the 1rst founding chapters.
>>
>>47095347
>implying you've been playing it any different

I mean, how do you determine "throwing"? Technically you're throwing assault and defensive grenades, but I don't think anyone's gonna claim only a single model gets to benefit from those.
>>
File: 1298114967297s[1].jpg (5 KB, 97x126) Image search: [Google]
1298114967297s[1].jpg
5 KB, 97x126
>>47093795
>blitz brigade is kill
>>
>>47095347
>>47095381
>>47095426
Then... why do vanguard veterans have the option to give everyone a melta bomb?

I mean... if this change is what they intended wouldn't that make that upgrade retardedly pointless?

Man I can't even imagine what Ork players are feeling right now.
>>
>>47095558
>Man I can't even imagine what Ork players are feeling right now.

By this point we are used to it.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 500x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 500x720
>>47092419
How hard does this new FAQ hit Dark Eldar?
>>
>>47095582
Fixing the Jink loophole drops them down to Ork/CSM/Tyranids tier.
>>
>>47095558
At least Vanguard vets can choose how many bombs to buy. IG buys krak grenades per unit and Vets get melta-bombs per unit, not by per model (unless you buy them for the sergeant).

In 30k I now have a unit of 6 bikers completely useless, because I thought a cheap melta-bomb delivery device for dealing with the likes of Spartans would have been cool. Now the next best thing I got is a unit of 5 terminators with chainfists in a land raider.
>>
File: Simpsons_03_04_P2[1].jpg (932 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons_03_04_P2[1].jpg
932 KB, 1280x720
>>47093678
>I wish for a speed kult formation
>>
>>47095582
They are dead m8

You have to snapfire the passengers when their transport jinks and moving more than 6" with the transport makes the passengers snapfire as well.

>>47095591
Tyranids are mid tier as long as you take a shit ton of FMCs
>>
>>47092841
They really should do this. The current way is dumb for several reasons:
1. Psykers can get potentially powerful powers for as low a cost as 10 points (Inquisitors) or otherwise still fairly cheap, simply by being lucky before the game even starts.
2. The powers vary HUGELY in power, so assuming they are all of equal value is retarded.
3. If they had costs, you could both make a far more fluffy list, rather than the "Oh, my psyker is a dumbfuck who has no idea what he has before the battle begins", and the cost of the psyker would vary a shitton depending on the powers. So Invisibility could be 50 points, where some of the more shit powers could be as low as 5 points.
>>
I wish GW would just outsource the rules already.
>>
>>47093595
this was actually in the rules tho
>>
>>47092784
but no
>>
>have wanted to play Tau since 5th edition
>have been holding off since they got a codex because they're meme tier

How long until the meme ends and I can buy this army?
>>
>>47095691
Just play the army, just don't play cheesy with the intent of being cheesy
>>
>>47095582
Don't listen to >>47095619 this FAQ is:

1. Not official (yet)
2. The first draft

In short, shit could change widely in the next few days and weeks. Think this is bullshit? Well tell GW's Normiebook page that it's bullshit.
>>
>>47095691
Play some shitty brew with sunshark wing and swarms of kroots.
>>
What are the stats for Skitarii rangers weapons?
>>
>>47095691
>this army has really cheesey WAACfaggotry food
>I best be a WAACfag too

You can run Kroot, Vespids and Hammerheads. just don't drop 4 Riptides into a 1000 pointer and you're fine.
>>
>>47095703
The 6" clause was in the original BRB tho, this is a pretty obvious clarification imo.
>>
>>47095708
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Codex-Skitarii-ENG
>>
>>47095558
>Man I can't even imagine what Ork players are feeling right now.

Tired resignation really.
>>
>>47095708
30" S4 Ap 4 rapid fire, precision shots.
>>
>>47095708
>>
Anywhere to see the "new" flyer datasheets yet?

Wanna know what's happening to the Helldrake
>>
>>47095713
Oh right. Sorry, don't play jink/passenger heavy shit ever since snapshots became a thing.

>my eight fire port Repressors with 5 Retributors in NEVER EvER
>>
File: RPMQyRX.jpg (187 KB, 1076x743) Image search: [Google]
RPMQyRX.jpg
187 KB, 1076x743
CODEX: Inquisitorial Forces
Includes Inquisition, Grey Knights, Deathwatch, Sisters of Battle and Assassins. New inquisition and sister models included with release. My dream. Am I a fool?
>>
File: kult of speed.jpg (91 KB, 1095x609) Image search: [Google]
kult of speed.jpg
91 KB, 1095x609
>>47095599

Granted.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.