[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Paizo ever makes a second edition, I hope they create a new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Golarion.jpg (101 KB, 736x545) Image search: [Google]
Golarion.jpg
101 KB, 736x545
If Paizo ever makes a second edition, I hope they create a new setting. Golarion is just retarded
>>
File: Green.jpg (200 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
Green.jpg
200 KB, 1000x667
How so, OP? Doesn't it give you all the possible opportunities for high adventure you'd expect in a D&D world?
>>
>>47085342

It's the wrong kind of boring.
>>
>>47085437
What do you mean?
>>
>>47085290
Not going to happen. Paizo is too committed to Golarion and won't throw all those years of supplements away.
>>
>>47085472
Not OP, but my opinion of Golarion is that is less than memorable. Whenever I learn about their cultures, I usually remember their gimmick and vaguely recall what quadrant of the map they are located (maybe), and this comes from the guy who's usually a huge nerd about stuff and remember a lot of specific about a lot of settings. There is no nation on Golarion, or place, that I feel like I'm dying to explore and be from.

For example... It's sorta like none of the kingdom from the Seven Kingdoms is very interesting although they all have their gimmick and are different from each other decently enough.
>>
>>47085572

100% Agree. And I like PF a lot.
Golarion sometimes sounds just like a shittier version of Forgotten Realms.
>>
File: Pathfinder.jpg (113 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
Pathfinder.jpg
113 KB, 960x544
>>47085472
>>
>>47085342
>>47085472

In an effort to ensure that "anything can happen" in Golarian, they've made it hyper generic to facilitate the "no reason you couldn't!" angle. Which sounds nice for freedom, but leaves it incredibly lacking in identity.
>>
>>47086395
>Being surprised that Paizo ripped off something from D&D wholesale
>Being surprised that it is somehow worse
>>
>>47086518
To be fair to Paizo, they had seen the example of TSR and its settings.
>>
I like Golarion more than FR but that's not saying much.
>>
>>47086588
Thing is, the TSR version of FR was mostly empty maps with the name of a kingdom, and maybe a paragraph to give some sense of flavor.
>tfw I'll never open that gray box for the first time again.

Greyhawk and Mystara were certainly kitchen sinky, though I think both had their own bizarre identity.
>>
File: 1451960874590.jpg (57 KB, 425x270) Image search: [Google]
1451960874590.jpg
57 KB, 425x270
>>47085290
>Paizo
>making anything good
>>
Their ogres are way better ogres than those weird hunchback things Wizards came up with. That and goblins, they're good gobulins yo.

Everything else can be scrapped.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.