[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game Finder Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 15
File: 1461974693216.jpg (62 KB, 500x434) Image search: [Google]
1461974693216.jpg
62 KB, 500x434
>GM or Player
>System(s)
>Time availability
>Text or Voice
>Contact Information
>Additional Information
>>
File: 1458027430368.gif (3 MB, 350x280) Image search: [Google]
1458027430368.gif
3 MB, 350x280
>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
40k RPGs
>Time availability
+0 GMT (UK), Wednesday and Sundays all day, other days may be negotiable
>Text or Voice
Either is fine, but if it's going to be too late then I won't be able to do voice
>Contact Information
g1ebguy on Skype
>Additional Information
I want to plunder planets, trade with raiders, fight the daemons and die for the Emperor. Leaning towards Rogue Trader (and playing as the Rogue Trader that may be also a psyker) but I'm open to other options.
>>
first bump
>>
File: NOT LOSING IT AT ALL.jpg (92 KB, 600x668) Image search: [Google]
NOT LOSING IT AT ALL.jpg
92 KB, 600x668
>GM or Player
Player, please
save me from the fate of ForeverGM
>System(s)
D&D 5e, and only that. I've been looking to play since the playtest. Never could for more than 1(ONE) session because apparently im the only 5e GM that can run past the first session and doesnt dissapear. Im fucking cursed.
>Time availability
I'm at GMT-3 (EST/central is one hour behind me, for reference)
I could do mondays or sundays. My week is freaking full and scheduling is hell. Im already GMing a game, too.
>Text or Voice
Text. Im not averse to voice but i want to keep the logs and just play with no pressure
>Contact Information
email: [email protected]
Ideally, i'd like to play through Skype or something and use Roll20 mostly for dice and virtual tabletop (roll20 doesnt have an 'edit' function so writing exclusively there is kind of a pain)
>Additional Information
I actually LIKE D&D for what it is, and 5e is my favorite edition.
Im a chill dude to be around, i like my Fantasy and i take gaming seriously. I don't flake, whine or act passive-aggresive. I like working as a team and fighting through badass encounters and immersing myself in the character and enjoy a good story. I always try to help other GMs if they need a hand, even if they are newbies. I am patient with people.
I'll even partake in your Magical Realm if that's what you want as long as you can offer an actual game...
But my schedule isn't very open and people seem to dislike the idea of text games.
I thought i had found a decent game a couple of weeks ago but the GM flaked at the last minute.
>>
>>47071301
>I'll even partake in your Magical Realm if that's what you want as long as you can offer an actual game...
Like what?
>>
File: wake me up inside.jpg (23 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
wake me up inside.jpg
23 KB, 600x330
>>47071361
That's something i would talk about with a potential D&D 5e GM that runs a text game and has a compatible schedule with mine.
I think i should be fine as long as there's no blood and shit involved. I'm not looking for ERP, frankly, but beggars can't be choosers
>>
>>47071489
>I'm not looking for ERP, frankly, but beggars can't be choosers
No, you're looking for ERP and you're trying to hide it by sounding desperate enough to play in an ERP game. If you really weren't looking for it you would have drawn a line in the sand like a normal person.
>>
>>47071536
Look mate, i'll assume you're being honest, because i am.

I just want a 5e game that lasts. That's it.

Thanks for the advice, though. I'll keep it in mind.
>>
I can't play DnD 5e with people from the internet. Every time I've tried it's been filled with autists.
>>
>>47071919
You could always try different systems.
>>
>>47071959
I do, that's why I can't play DnD 5e over the internet(and not just every Tabletop).

I'm in a successful SWN campaign, but every time I try DnD 5e it always goes to shit.
>>
>>47072079
As many people have said before: the trick isn't to look for a good group, it's to take the best players out of several groups you encounter in your career and then make your own.
Personally, i've had good luck with Gamefinders for the most part, so i still hope.
>>
File: 1457144486011.png (226 KB, 419x530) Image search: [Google]
1457144486011.png
226 KB, 419x530
>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
Any DnD-type fantasy game.
Could be pathfinder, could be 5e, Fantasycraft, even an OSR-clone (or just straight AD&D). Doesn't matter all that much, just looking for that type of system/setting.
>Time availability
Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday from 4PM to 6AM US Central. I work nights.
>Text or Voice
Can do either, would rather voice but I won't turn down a text game if that's what I'm offered.
Just as long as its either all text, or all voice, no inbetweens.
>Contact Information
>Additional Information
Forever GM just wanting to play a fantasy game for once. I can guarantee you that I won't flake.
>>
Be bumped, thread
>>
>>47071301
>>47072327
Two player 5e magical realm game. You two in?
>>
>>47072861
>>47072327
I could be convinced to run a 5e game. Would focus on imperial agents sent to investigate allegations of child-rape in their new holdings.
>>
>>47072975
No, I was asking if you wanted to be in one with the other person I linked
>>
>GM or Player
Player(I can be convinced to GM but I think I personally suck at it but if you did I would actually work on writing material and making a campaign)
>System(s)
WHFRP2e, DnD(I need to learn this one), Only War, Dark Heresy 1e and 2e, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Rogue Trader
>Time availability
Everyday except Friday(WHFRP2e)
>Text or Voice
Heavily prefer voice, I'll try to act out my characters to the best of my ability.
(https://clyp.it/z4szoatr necro voice I did, was more shakey during the game though).
Although I will accept offers for text games as long as they aren't IRC
>Contact Information
the one who isn't in South Sudan
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Scivir/
>Additional Information
Celebrating my first year of playing table top games by posting myself on a game finder thread on /tg/.
I'm heavily against powergaming, metagaming, minmaxing(unless it fits my character) and all that especially considering it can ruin a perfectly good campaign and game.

My favorite moment in one of the games I was in where I played a Witch Hunter who was insulted by a Knight of the Inner Circle and I forged evidence of him making claims in his journal that he was going to reveal to the world Skaven are real I went into his quarters at one night at a Inn we were staying at and searched multiple places for escape routes from his room while planting the evidence and eventually dug a tunnel out from his bathroom and waited in that hole under the floorboards for several hours waiting for him to sleep and I shouted from his room "THE SKAVEN ARE REAL!" and ran off in that tunnel and the next day the town was burned to the ground.
>>
File: Trazyn.png (35 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
Trazyn.png
35 KB, 510x546
>>47073455
I forgot any kind of image
>>
>>47073172
no
>>47072975
no
>>47072861
no
>>
File: 1454821159021.png (38 KB, 398x381) Image search: [Google]
1454821159021.png
38 KB, 398x381
>>
File: bromswords.jpg (111 KB, 821x1085) Image search: [Google]
bromswords.jpg
111 KB, 821x1085
>GM or Player
GM and two players looking for two or three more players.

>System(s)
Talislanta fourth edition.

>Time availability
Main session tentatively scheduled for Monday evenings (starting around 7:30-8:30 PM) GMT. Downtime shenanigans and possible side escapades on Discord in pbp.

>Text or Voice
Text for the most part. My house is a bit lively during reasonably practical game hours, but OOC voice is not out of the question.

>Contact Information
https://discord.gg/0zJ2sc7dFdn5x0Fw

>Additional Information
The main game will be ran on Roll20, with Discord for ooc chat, scheduling, and so on.
The system is available in its entirety free of charge, and fairly easy to learn. No prior knowledge of it or experience with roleplaying games in general is required.
Before the main game begins, I will run a handful of oneshots and single encounters for you to get used to the system and get a feeling of what you want to play.
The setting and feel of it most closely resembles Dying Earth or Zorthique: a post-collapse, alien sword and sorcery world permeated by fantastical elements and magic.
>>
>GM or Player
GM believe it or not.
>System(s)
Mutants and Masterminds 3E
>Time availability
5 PM, UTC+2, on Sundays.
>Text or Voice
Voice
>Contact Information
>Additional Information
Keep in mind that this will be only my second time GMing, and therefor things are going to be a bit junky at times.
I strive to provide a quality game, but dont be surprised if some things are... not thought of.
None the less i believe that, together with a group of friendly players, we can make it a fun time for everyone involved.
>>
File: 1458181230457.jpg (63 KB, 649x960) Image search: [Google]
1458181230457.jpg
63 KB, 649x960
>GM or Player
Player. I haven't played in nearly 6 months and I am itching bad.
>System(s)
D&D 5E.
>Time availability
Available all day Monday and Wednesday, EST.
>Text or Voice
Either.
>Contact Information
Steam: Brew Master Skarr
>Additional Information
Hoping for a weekly group that would like to run an official module but I'm open.
>>
>>47077128
>UTC+2

Do you live in Brazil, Greenland, South Georgia island, or the South Sandwich islands?
>>
>>47071301

dude like, have you tried the sup/tg/ irc?
>>
>>47079731
Are you retarded? UTC+2 is Europe.
>>
File: tumblr_o4od5iXyrg1rilpuko1_1280.jpg (180 KB, 534x900) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4od5iXyrg1rilpuko1_1280.jpg
180 KB, 534x900
>>47067613
>Gm or Player
Gm and Player
>System(s)
AD&D(1st,2nd) GURPS(Discworld),The Dying Earth,Shadowrun (4th,5th as a player), Call of Cthulhu (6th,7th), Only War,Rogue Trader,Dark Herresy, Death Watch, Black Crusade, Warhammer fantasy rpg 2e,Monster of the Week, Monsters and Other childish things
>Time availability
Saturday Sunday anytime
>Text or Voice
Voice
>Contact Information
Gmail: [email protected]
Steam: DoubleDongDio
>Additional Information
I am here looking to run a game of Gurps Discworld but I will run or play in just about anything listed above. I am also willing to learn new systems.
>>
>>47079755
I have, in the past. Lets just say i think /tg/ itself is a better medium to find a game.
>>
>>47079731
>>47079872
Its Eastern European Time.
>>
>GM
>Deathwatch
>GMT, sessions take place on Saturdays at 1 pm
>Voice
>Walter.gorkamorka gmail
>Additional Information
Rank 4 Kill-Team needs a techmarine.
Requirements : lore savvy, quick thinking and RP-capable individual as the campaign heavily relies on players scoring both political and military successes to determine their further fate.

To get a flavour, some of group's exploits are featured below:
https://desustorage.org/tg/thread/44414737
>>
>>47080528
The brother Arkio GM?
>>
>>47080528
I would, Deathwatch, Techmarine needed, has my name written all over it. The killer is that sessions are 7 am my time, and I'm in the middle of moving so I'd be out for the next couple of sessions.
>>
>>47080850
It is I indeed
>>
>>47080939
I'd jump on it if I wasn't unfamiliar with deathwatch.

I've only played as guardsmen.
>>
File: screencaptures_117.jpg (192 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
screencaptures_117.jpg
192 KB, 1920x1080
>>47067613
>Player/GM
???
>System
N3:16 C.A.T.S
>Timezone and Availability
Fridays at 6pm EST, Saturdays at 8pm EST or Sundays at Noon EST
(whatever works best)
>Method of Play/Text or Voice
Text IC in Roll20
Text OOC in Skype Chat
>Contact info
Add me on skype @ sandeggs
Roll20 Link: https://app.roll20.net/join/1394451/6FP_5Q
>Additional information
This will be a strange journey across the breadth of North America. It will cover the themes of Hope and Sorrow in a purple world that operates with an alien sense.
You will embark on a terrifying and arduous trek to The South from which, succeed or fail; You will not return.
>>
File: floom.jpg (329 KB, 900x574) Image search: [Google]
floom.jpg
329 KB, 900x574
>GM or Player
GM
>System(s)
Low Life - Rise of the Lowly (Savage Worlds setting)
>Time availability
Weekdays after 5pm CST. Anytime on weekends.
>Text or Voice
Voice via Discord
>Contact Information
spaceturd on Roll20.net
>Additional Information
Mutha Oith is a bizarre post-post-post apocalyptic Earth. Humans have been extinct for gazillions of years. Oith's new denizens are beings such as descendants of marooned extraterrestrials, walking and talking cockroaches, and even sentient snack cakes. It's a really unique setting that you'd just have to check out for yourself (if you're not familiar with it)!
>>
a new bump
>>
File: Asoiaf - Crown lands.png (233 KB, 1080x711) Image search: [Google]
Asoiaf - Crown lands.png
233 KB, 1080x711
>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
L5R, 7th Sea, aSoIaF Rpg.
>Time availability
Afternoons and evenings, CST
>Text or Voice
Either.
>Contact Information
>Additional Information
Looking for a game centered around politics and Intrigue.
>>
this is my last bump so use it well, thread
>>
File: Ppurmese.jpg (660 KB, 1000x1751) Image search: [Google]
Ppurmese.jpg
660 KB, 1000x1751
reposting from last thread because I still need a few players :
>GM or Player
GM
>System(s)
I'm looking for players for a FATE game
>Time availability
I tend to be more available in the evenings and nights (GMT+1), but the particular game I want to run should start this summer, during which I'll be available whenever. It would be better for potential players to be in Europe, unless you have a crazy schedule and can fit our Euro times
>Text or Voice
Voice
>Contact Information
on skype : iamidonquix0te
>Additional Information
The campaign I'm trying to recruit for is a sci-fi game with an original setting. In a not so distant future where Earth and some other sentient alien species have formed a political union, the PCs are sent on a colony ship to explore and civilise an undiscovered part of space. We have six playable species with their own lore (though I encourage players to write/draw more material). Pic related is one of the player's design for one of the playable species.
I don't have any particular demands for potential players ; you don't even have to have experience with the system. I just want players to invest themselves in the setting and game and be reliable.
I can explain more/show you lore if you're interested and add me.
>>
>GM or Player
Either
>System(s)
Pathfinder (if GMing, then with a few houserules). I could be down with playing 5E maybe, never played before. I'm open to FATE, Savage Worlds, and some others, but I have very little experience and have a sneaking suspicion they aren't for me....
>Time availability
Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesdays about 5:30 Eastern onwards. Saturdays and Sundays open occasionally, but I don't want to tie them up long-term
>Text or Voice
Either. I don't have a camera, so no video, but I can do either Text or Voice.
>Contact Information
Gmail: helloyesthisisaustin
>Additional Information
I've never really played online before. Tried two PbPs but neither got past the first couple sessions.
>>
File: PC puts his plan into action.jpg (152 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
PC puts his plan into action.jpg
152 KB, 640x720
>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
Looking for DnD 5e or Pathfinder at the moment
>Time availability
GMT+10 Available during the day, but work some nights. Sunday night is always free.
>Text or Voice
I'm good with either! I love roleplaying so either or is fine.
>Contact Information
[email protected] or james.d.fitzpatrick on skype.
>Additional Information
I love fantasy games with lots of chances for roleplay and NPC interaction!
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.