[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>single-handedly saved the Imperium when no one else would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: Nu0T03JZMTY.jpg (76 KB, 423x604) Image search: [Google]
Nu0T03JZMTY.jpg
76 KB, 423x604
>single-handedly saved the Imperium when no one else would
>refused the position of Ecclesiarch twice because he was not interested in power
>rebuilt Imperium on stronger foundations so that to this day there are no more large scale civil wars
>was never an asshole to his followers
>no immortality, no psyker power, no biological or technological argumentation, he was just an ordinary human like you or me

I submit to /tg/ that Sebastian Thor was a better person to be emperor than Big E ever was.
>>
File: 1461325122274.jpg (23 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1461325122274.jpg
23 KB, 320x320
>and yet his teachings are still massively misinterpreted and abused, allowing the clergy to abuse the system further and justify more atrocities

It doesn't matter how good he was, history still fucks him in the ass, as it's not written by people as good as him. Things would be no different.
>>
>>47034872
Sebastian Thor was only able to be as good as he was because of the Emperor and the principles he laid out himself for Thor to put his faith in.

Also, Thor never had to deal with a Horus Heresy waged by the entire Imperium at once and led by 19 mini-Emperors, each of which was equal only to another or to the Emperor. That kind of throws a major kink in the plan there.
>>
File: What it says.jpg (69 KB, 1004x493) Image search: [Google]
What it says.jpg
69 KB, 1004x493
>>47034872
>Never built Humanity to its glory during the Dark Age of Technology.
>Never repeat the same feats again to build a galactic spanning empire
>Never fought a C'Tan and force it to subservience and imprisoned it into a planet
>Never laid the foundations of an Empire that lasts to this day through the men it has produced
>Never empower ordinary men and women into Saints to inspire them against the depredations from Xenos and Chaos

Acolyte, dost thou even lift?
>>
>>47034872
>that glorious mane

He was the Emperor's shard we didn't deserve, but desperately needed.
>>
Many people do in fact believe that Sebastian Thor was an avatar of the Emperor similar to how other deities have avatars. There's even a whole inquisition faction called Thorians that subscribe to this line of thinking and want to find a way to resurrect the Emperor by channelling his spirit into such an avatar should another one arise.

>What if the Emperor has in fact resurrected and watching mankind from the shadows as he once did, only emerging every now and then when the Imperium needed a kick up its backside?
>>
>>47039504
I'd say he's probably confined to a wheel chair after the first week left him with bloody shattered stumps.
>>
Goge Vandire did literally nothing wrong. He followed the Imperium's laws to the letter!
>>
>>47041662
I'd say that's doing something wrong then.

Speaking of people who did nothing wrong, those of you keeping up with The Beast books: Is Vangorivich still best boy?
>>
>>47041760
>Keeping up with BL nonsense
Shiggy diggy doo, where are you?
>>
File: maxresdefault (16).jpg (243 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (16).jpg
243 KB, 1920x1080
What did Kitten whisper to Thor to convince him to become ecclesiarch?
>>
>>47041967
That TTS is shit and someone needed to make things right. And keep the Sisters of Battle around.
>>
>>47041760
>still
Didn't the beheading imply he just straight up murder the high lords out of no where
>>
>>47034872

Turns out he was a Perpetual
>>
>>47044047
It did, methinks the reasons will get buried even though things are shaping up that he was legit fir doing it.
>>
>>47044047

Can you blame him given the shitshow it's been so far?
>>
>>47044599
Also it was due to his actions that the necrons began to awake.
>>
>>47044615
I don't think anon is blaming him for his actions, just that his assassinations came with no warning (as good assassinations should).

I don't think anyone can blame him.
>>
File: 15.jpg (743 KB, 1177x1623) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
743 KB, 1177x1623
>>47034872
>>refused the position of Ecclesiarch twice because he was not interested in power
Also was declared traitor for it by salty High Lords, only to be acquitted.
>>
File: HadesAngryCool.gif (995 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
HadesAngryCool.gif
995 KB, 500x281
>>47044599
TRIGGERED
>>
>>47048367
I think that fluff surrounding Sebastian Thor are some of the best fluff in 40k
>>
Sebastian Thor is the most based of men.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.