[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CYOA General - Drinking Box Wine Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: Comfy Powers CYOA.png (154 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
Comfy Powers CYOA.png
154 KB, 1000x800
Pastabin:
http://pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Previous Thread:
>>47019448
>>
File: A Pokemon CYOA.png (6 MB, 1200x7350) Image search: [Google]
A Pokemon CYOA.png
6 MB, 1200x7350
>>47030300
Pokeymans OC from last thread
>>
>>47030300
Magic fridge for free food forever.
>>47030351
Adventurer
Froslass, Chandelure, Flygon
They're all pokemon I like, probably won't make a very balanced team though.
Ally: Lass
Having an emergency heal source sounds useful
Rival: Red
Will force me to git gud. What's the point of a rival if they don't challenge you?
>>
File: Slime Day Care p1.png (7 MB, 1200x8300) Image search: [Google]
Slime Day Care p1.png
7 MB, 1200x8300
Praise the Slime!
1/4
>>
File: Slime Day Care p2.png (5 MB, 1200x7250) Image search: [Google]
Slime Day Care p2.png
5 MB, 1200x7250
>>47030444
2/4
>>
File: Slime Day Care p3.png (6 MB, 1200x10000) Image search: [Google]
Slime Day Care p3.png
6 MB, 1200x10000
>>47030460
3/4
>>
>>47030300
The Grocer Loves You. I can finally buy actual food ingredients rather than cheap crap!

Lovely Dreams. Just gotta hope I can remember them afterwards.
>>
File: Slime Day Care p4.png (4 MB, 1200x8100) Image search: [Google]
Slime Day Care p4.png
4 MB, 1200x8100
>>47030505
4/4
>>
>>47030300
Home Teleport and Lovely Dreams
>>
These things are more embarrassing than quests.
>>
>>47030680
Don't like it? Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
>>
File: 1462056115040.jpg (4 MB, 1280x8000) Image search: [Google]
1462056115040.jpg
4 MB, 1280x8000
The new Worm cyoa, courtesy of reddit, apparently.
>>
>>47030680
Love you too, darling.
>>
>>47030680
I'm already autistic so why not some autstic fun?
>>
File: 1462056190407.jpg (3 MB, 1280x8000) Image search: [Google]
1462056190407.jpg
3 MB, 1280x8000
>>47030741
>>
>>47030351
Adventurer

Dragonite
Froslass
Mawile

Ally: Ibuki
Rival: Serena
>what are you some kind of monster
Yes
>>
File: 1462056284026.jpg (3 MB, 1280x8000) Image search: [Google]
1462056284026.jpg
3 MB, 1280x8000
>>47030796
It always irks me when people don't at least somewhat define boundaries in cyoa.

>You can conjure up any object out of thin air

Great, I conjure "The Crusty Sock of Winning Everything, Forever", then.

It's like they're making you do the balancing for them.
>>
>>47030444
Locale: Master's Legacy
Looks like a cool place, all superscience-y and underground.

Helpers: Jenna, Cynna, Tristy
It's time for SLIME SCIENCE! Surely patenting, manufacturing, and selling Cynna's sleep prevention medication would easily repay the remaining debts on the Master's Legacy, plus the potential for additional research shenanigans!
Also, becoming a slime at some point.

Artifacts: Solid Skull, Golem Servants
For when I feel like being a human, and for work around the place.
>>
>>47030890
Well, it's not like any Worm CYOA has ever been anything remotely close to balanced. Why start now?
>>
File: Traveller 1.06.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Traveller 1.06.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47030890
Eh, I still feel the fourth iteration was strongest, even with the authors desire to keep rogues out. Regardless.

Image Version: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/43r0qdm4sm895/The_End_Approaches

> http://www.strawpoll.me/10054741
> http://www.strawpoll.me/10083788
> http://www.strawpoll.me/10084227

The next set will be upon us soon folks.
>>
>>47030741
>Wanting to be a hero means wanting someone to be in danger
Why are they trying to bring Nasuverse Logic into Worm?
>>
>>47030741
>path to victory
Holy shit, so OP it's not even funny. Who even needs real powers? Take that and become member of cauldron, flawless victory. That being said I don't really know what worm is, aside from apparently some sort of book due to "The Book". Still made a build though. Is it worth reading?

Starting: 5
Abaddon shard:3

Identity:4
Kidnapping:6
Kill Order:11
Endbringer Target:14
Bad Reputation:16
Wanted (Hero, Villain, Vigilante, Rogue)24
We Know:27
Godslayer:22
Path to Victory:2
Carefree:0
Birdcaged:4 (I assume this is some superhero prison)
Blind Spot:0
The Book, since knowing what the hell I'm doing is probably a good idea.
>>
>>47031254
Yeah, it is pretty dumb, when Earth Bet is already a place that needs saving. It's not like we're going "oh, if only there were people in danger for us to rescue". They're already there, you're spoiled for choice when it comes to saving people. Three quarters of the world's parahumans are villains! Africa is ruled by bloodthirsty warlords even worse than the bloodthirsty warlords in our world! China is kidnapping and brainwashing their own superhuman army! Every three months a giant monster appears, destroys a city, and kills most of the defenders! In a couple of years an alien god-beast is going to kill every human in every timeline! People are going to need rescuing no matter what background you choose.
>>
>>47031299
Shard administration, friendo. It beast the crap out of PTV, because you can give yourself that and more.

And yeah, the birdcage is a prison. Not a fun one, either, but PTV will get you out nice and quick. Or black hole powers, or whatever. All of which are available with shard administration.

Also, I'm guessing that Wanted is intended to refer to more specific factions like Azn Bad Boys or Empire Eighty-Eight.

Finally, yes. Worm is indeed worth reading.
www.parahumans.wordpress.com
>>
>>47031025
Very true, but at least they were unbalanced in a very specific way. It was easy to understand what the intended limitations were to your powers.
This is just...lazy.

Worse than lazy, really.
>permanently create any item you can think of out of nothing
>any item you can think of
>can think of

It's like he's saying 'Yes, I'm certain there's no way the imagination of a non-developmentally challenged individual could render every other option in this cyoa useless.'

God, it's hard being autistic.
>>
>>47031442
Ah, shit. Didn't see that one. It's even worse than shard admin, given the lower point cost.
>>
>>47030741
Total-0/28

Path-Villain

Powers- Power Sight
Shard Administration

Followers- Taylor, because I can't afford the person I actually want, so why the fuck not.

Shard-Abaddon

Flaws-Identity Revealed
Kidnapping
Endbringer Target
Wantedx3(88, ABB, Merchants)
S9 Recruit
Birdcaged
We Know

Perks-Godslayer

Gifts-The Candle
>>
>>47031299
>Not choosing Royal Demesne
>Not pulling Scion into your pocket dimension
>Not mindbreaking him into your obedient little slave over the course of eons(from his perspective)
>Not dressing him up in a maid uniform
>Not having people over and lazily spanking his golden, muscular buttocks as he delivers the drinks
>Not doing the same with all the Endbringers

It's like you don't know how to live, anon.
>>
>>47031598
>Edit the shards the Endbringers use
>Edit the shards Zion kept to himself
>Edit Coil's Shard
>Edit Lung's Shard
>Edit Everyone's Shards
>Post about it online like I'm balancing an MMO.
>>
>>47031299
Cauldron actually already has someone with Path To Victory. Though hers is a lot worse, it's been limited so that it can't affect the biggest threats in the setting. Which is actually a good thing, they know how useful PtV could be without those limitations, you're exactly what they want most in the universe. So you coming along with your unlimited PtV would get them moving heaven and earth to help you, even before you used it to manipulate them.

>>47031625
I've actually read a fanfic with that premise. It was pretty funny.
>>
>>47031428
What if my task is to obtain more powers, is that a thing? Also you're right, might as well take that if it's not got a cap but that's essentially the omnipotence option unless it's somehow limited, which made me think it probably was somehow. I don't know, the wording makes it seem the same really.

>>47031600
Scion's seems to be the big bad? What if my task is to make him and his friends into my bitches?
>>
>>47031671
seriously?
My idea was stolen by a fanfic?
Before I even had the idea?
God damn it.
>>
>>47030680
Yea, sure. Sure that waifu cyoa over there is kind of stupid. And that paint one? Naieve joy at best. But more? Delve deeper?
What of the works of Bliss and Beri? The stories wrought by overlord? The Joys brought by Spess Refuge? The conflicts broiled by Stardust? And what for looming above these works of beauty? This titan called Aliceanon, who wrought with his form an autism greater then any seen before, consolidating waifuism into science, and there sits Highlander, toiling into the night. Aye, perhaps at a backward glance, one might say such, but such the same might be said of any form, and only a fool would disregard a medium.
>>
>>47031594
I'll do you one better.
True or false is essentially a more cumbersome Path to Victory for 2 points.

Copycat can get you ANY power for 2 points. Just leverage your meta knowledge with Cauldron to get Glaistig Uaine's brain in a life support jar. Bam, baddest mofo alive.
>>
>>47031717
>What if my task is to obtain more powers, is that a thing?
That might work. There's no way with human tools (or any Entity tools given out through Tinker shards) to manipulate shards like that. But with an unlimited Path to Victory, maybe it would be possible for you to develop the tools you'd need.

>Scion's seems to be the big bad? What if my task is to make him and his friends into my bitches?
Oh, that you can definitely do. Someone with Path to Victory managed to kill Scion's wife (equally as powerful as him) with just a knife by precognitiviely guiding herself to exactly the right point in space and time where Eden would be vulnerable to conventional attacks.
>>
>>47031625
Also
>Upgrade Taylor's power so she's a Bug Tinker
>She knows how to Tinker Bullshit her bugs so they breed very specific new types of bugs
>Like flying Scorpions that can launch their stingers or some shit.
>>
>>47031717
Don't think you'd be able to get more powers without either shard admin or a moderately liberal interpretation of summoning. Regarding scion, yeah, you could totally do that.

>>47031771
While certainly broken, I don't think that really compares with the that crusty sock of win everything forever that another anon brought up as a possibility with summoning. Particularly given that copycat is limited to canon powers.
>>
>>47031771
Not quite. Path to Victory also guides you through your actions, remember? True of False would give you all the same information on the proper steps to take that you could get with PtV, but it wouldn't give you the "I complete all these steps perfectly" trait that makes Contessa a walking plot device.
>>
>>47031861
The crusty sock thing is just a twatish way of breaking things. It's obviously not the way the author intended the option to work.

What irks me is that more reasonable alternatives are left open as well.
Can I conjure tinker tech?
Do I have to understand the inner workings of something or can I just snap my fingers and shout Shazam?
Can I create life?
Can I just conjure up a black hole?
and so on and so forth.
>>
>>47031600
I like Mountain, X-Ray Vision, Summoning, and Omnicombustion. It's not as pithy, but it's pretty hilarious.
>>
>>47032073
Fair on all counts. Is it possible that the "change how powers work" clause on shard admin was meant to be somewhat limited as well? Maybe requiring at least some similarity to the original?
>>
>>47031931
Figure out a plan for whatever it is you're trying to do via obvious means.

Can this plan work with me executing it? y/n
Will there be occurrences requiring the plan to change? y/n
Will this plan work if I begin putting it into effect as soon as the clock strikes 12? y/n
etc.

You can account for your capabilities with your questions and navigate things toward victory.

Again, just a more cumbersome PtV for 2 points.
>>
>>47032162
Probably only works based around the purpose of the actual shard. You could change how Administrator manifests, but you couldn't make it into Sting.
>>
>>47032100
Don't need X-ray vision.
Omnicombustion just sets them on fire, it doesn't say they burn forever or even that they are consumed in the process.
He can still just fly away, robbing you of your entertainment.

What you wanna do first, is take Schrodinger and Mountain. You can thus not move while moving - instant Siberian.

>>47032162
Yes, obviously it wasn't meant as an automatic I win everything forever button. Nothing ever is.
>>
>>47032187
I get it, I just think it's too cumbersome for some of the feats that Path to Victory can do. You can account for your capabilities, Path to Victory can transcend them. It's also a lot faster to adjust to changes. In a competition between you and someone with PtV, you'll lose every time.
>>
>>47032311
>Nothing ever is

You say this when the original worm CYOA exists, and contains kaleidoscope. Unless that power was some sort of truly horrific miscalculation.
>>
>>47032311
Don't forget to take Transcendental Meditation as well, and just sleep/sleep/wreck face.
>>
>>47032311
X-Ray vision is to burn them from the inside out. Summoning is to keep them from escaping. Just teleport them back every time they move from in front of you, until they're charcoal.
>>
>>47032407
Well, yes, obviously. PtV is slightly superior. However, consider the fact that if you take the Abaddon shard option, you are probably a blind spot for Contessa, where she probably isn't for you.

All I'm saying is, the option is ridiculously overpowered for how little it costs.
And frankly, I steer clear of PtV in every Worm cyoa I do. It just makes things boring if you literally KNOW for a fact you can do anything.

>>47032440
Touche.
>>
>>47030351
Adventurer

Gengar
Crobat
Chandelure

Ally Grunt
Rival Blue
>>
>>47032606
Do you mean the whole Holding Back thing? Yea, good combo.

How the fuck is it a striker power, though?

>>47032624
X-ray vision isn't literal. You can just see through objects.

Also, you got a few millennium to kill?
How long would it take to burn through a couple of planets worth of bio-mass?
Physics anons, help us out.
>>
>>47032836
No, I mean having two instances of you sleep and the dream-yous scouting or just having fun while real-you goes all Siberian.
>>
>>47031025
I think the fourth one(?) was pretty balanced but also completely broken by design.
>>
T-total newfag question, but what's the ideal font-size?
>>
>>47029728
if you were using ps it does have an autosave/backup feature so all your work may not be lost, however you should emulate jesus and save often.
>>
>>47033325
Comic Sans size 42
>>
>>47030741
>>47030796
>>47030890
Vigilante
Perptuance
Natural Trigger

Godslayer
Secret Lair
Voice In My Head

Identity Revealed
Kidnapping
Kill Order
Endbringer Target
Bad Reputation
S9 Recruit
Trouble Magnet
Birdcaged
Psychic Nosebleed

The Book

Could someone tell me about my power? I don't entirely understand it.

Should I read Worm? I like these CYOAs a lot.
>>
>>47033403
I kek'd way too hard at this...
>>
>>47033502
worm sucks
>>
>>47033502
Well, Worm is kinda bonkers, and there are parts that don't really make as much sense, but it's a really interesting setting. The characters are interesting and (in my opinion) well-written, though whether they're likeable varies heavily based on the reader. The biggest draw, however, is the widely varied, interesting, and creative superpowers, and the well-written fight scenes involving them. If any of what I said sounds interesting to you, and you don't mind a bit of a bleak, darker superhero (supervillain?) story, I'd recommend it.
>>
>>47033502
I would at least give it a try, read the first few chapters and see if it grabs you.
>>
>>47033502
I liked it
But I wouldn't say it's "Good"
>>
>>47033502
>>47033577
>>47033578
Honestly? Barring the first 3 chapters which to be fair, were setups, the start of Worm's pretty damn good, especially since the author was apparently still in school when he started writing. But it goes downhill for the latter half. I'd say it jumped the shark with the Leviathan arc. That's not to say it was a sudden vertical drop in quality. But it goes in general decline from there onwards.

Is Worm worth reading? Totally. Should you stop once you reach Leviathan? In theory, maybe. But in practice, you'll probably enjoy the beginning enough to keep reading on, and it's not like there aren't good parts after Leviathan.
>>
I'm gonna try to make a CYOA about getting a harem.
Not entirely sure how it can make sense, but my dick wants it.
>>
>>47033744
Have us go on quests to obtain harem members
>>
>>47033617
I would say, read the first few chapters after chapter 3. Since the first 3 chapters are pretty mundane and a little bit dull. They're necessary to set the tone/story though.
>>
>>47033744
>harem CYOA

Each potential member has prereqs, wether equipment needed for a quest, a certain trait to make a match, social status to satisfy classist society, whatever. Spend points to optimize harem to player-chosen criteria.

Alternatively, pick x broads, fuck like rabbits. Whatever appeals to your interests and skills.
>>
>>47033502
I don't believe that power appeared in Worm. Sounds like it's just an extreme form of gravity manipulation, but you can only control the gravity exerted by your own mass.

A god gave you super powers and a subconscious desire for conflict. It wants you to evolve the power before it eats every multi-dimensional version of Earth because the god itself has hit an evolutionary plateau.

Somehow you can communicate with the godly fragment placed in you (I actually can't think of this happening in Worm).

Your power was supposed to be deliberately limited to make sure you could never harm the god, but I guess something broke.

The birdcage is a prison for the worst supervillains. You can't escape and your cell mates are super powered murderers.

An Endbringer shows up every few months to destroy a city. Basically Kaiju, but not as large and way more powerfuland intelligent.

You're considered dangerous enough to be kill-on-sight by the official government superhero organization.

The slaughterhouse nine are a villain organization maybe one step below an endbringer in danger level. They wander around from city to city murdering and destroying, and no one is strong enough to stop them. They do have high turnover, however, and they recruit frequently. Their recruits are generally unwilling people who are mentally broken and manipulated into becoming fodder for the core members.
>>
>>47033737
the Echidna arc was too much after what should have been a climax, and I would suggest there was a vertical drop when skitter joined the prt. But I liked the rise of the undersiders, which largely occurred during the period you think the work was in decline.
>>
>>47033737
>Leviathan
Nigger what? The Warlord Arc was the best arc of the whole damn thing.
>>
>>47034028
>but not as large
True Dat
I don't know why some people think they are huge. Behemoth is "only" 30 feet tall, and Leviathan was like half his size.
And Ziz was smaller than Leviathan
>>
>>47033502
>Identity Revealed
>Kidnapping
>Kill Order
>Endbringer Target
>Bad Reputation
>S9 Recruit
>Trouble Magnet
>Birdcaged
>Psychic Nosebleed

The whole black hole thing is pretty powerful sounding, but you've basically signed up to fight everybody in the wormverse. I think by the time the S9 gets to you, you'll probably be dead.
>>
>>47034177
Leviathan is the one that's thirty feet, and Simurgh is half his size at fifteen. Behemoth is forty-five feet tall.

But yeah, all still pretty small as far as Kaiju go. But way, WAY stronger. And smarter.
>>
>>47034501
Really? I would swear Behemoth was 30ft.

But still, that's the biggest one at about 5-stories tall.

Most Kaiju are 10+
>>
File: The Ranks Filthy Bi-Scum Edition.png (866 KB, 2560x4000) Image search: [Google]
The Ranks Filthy Bi-Scum Edition.png
866 KB, 2560x4000
So I'm not getting this done in full but here's what we have, Romance options and pictures will be filled in tomorrow. G'night kids.
>>
>>47034536
Here's a direct quote from Drone 23.5:
>Behemoth, nearly fifty feet tall, was still standing in the midst of a collapsed building.
>>
>>47030300
The Grocer Loves You and Lovey Dreams.

Great combination for extra comfort in sleeping and the bank balance!
>>
>>47030351
>Faction
Secret Police
>Pokemon
Beedrill
Dragonite
Mawile
>Allies
Rocket Grunt
Serena
>>
>>47030351
>Adventurer

>Gengar
One of my two favorite Mons of all time
>Salamance
Sounds cool
>Beedrill
Always fun, and I needed a good Physical attacker anyway

>Ally
Eureka

>Rival
Lass (Female)
>>
>>47030444

Master's Legacy (becasue having a massive pile of debt I'll need years upon years to pay of changes absolutely nothing for me. Just another zero or two)

Helpers:
Tristy, Phendra, Caralynn, Frei

Items
Solid Skull, T powder

And Most of that is the selfish immortality combo. I'd be stuck as a goo-blob for a bit after taking Tristy's potion (How long do slimelings take to mature anyways?) But with phendra's abilities, the solid skull and the t. powder, I'd be able to undo pretty much all of the drawbacks of becoming a slime. So with literally all the time in the world to pay off those debts taking master's legacy as a location is no problem.

Actually, better yet.. Just use tristy's research and get some billionare who's willing to drop 100 million or so on becoming an immortal slime. Debt solved. Instantly.

And Caralynn just seems like one of the most helpful helpers for actually doing the damn job. So it's not an entirely selfish build. Or alternately I could possibly swap her for bruce since he seems helpful for heavy tasks and I get to add super-strength to my selfish traits list.
>>
File: mana cyoa.jpg (726 KB, 1168x1600) Image search: [Google]
mana cyoa.jpg
726 KB, 1168x1600
Time to bring forth one of the classics and one that has not been discussed enough.
>>
>>47035432
It might be discussed more if it were actually readable.
>>
>>47028712
Thank you, anon.
There's even more art of pokemon by the dude than I had thought - I thought I only had enough for a single extra row.
>>
>tfw I had an idea I was proud of
>tfw I wrote too much for the intro
>tfw im dead inside, stuck and can't continue
>tfw someone will probably steal my idea and do a better job
>>
>>47035753
>tfw I have my own pokemon CYOA that won't be finished for years
>tfw it puts a unique spin on things and I'm always slightly worried that someone will beat me to the punch
>>
>>47033744
Isn't that the concept of that CYOA that burned the thread?
>>
>>47035780
Are you the captured Pokemon in the CYOA?
>>
File: Striker Eureka.gif (937 KB, 390x220) Image search: [Google]
Striker Eureka.gif
937 KB, 390x220
>>47028027
>If you have access to the armory, I don't see why there wouldn't be missiles somewhere in there. Doubt they'd be as powerful as the laser, but they can still do damage.

It's not about the damage.
>>
>>47035753
Don't give up, anon! Take a break for a week or so, maybe read or play some similar things, and come back to it with a fresh mind.
>>
>>47035780
>years
Nigga what. How can you spend yearS on making a few pretty pictures?
>>
>>47035680
How is it unreadable? I ask out of simple curiosity, as I have no problem with it.
>>
>>47035753
>Pokemon Hunter
This sounds unique, don't give up. This board needs more unique cyoas like yours.
>>
>>47036018
It's meant to be kinda like Monster Hunter, but with Pokémon. Weapons forged out of pokémon, maybe put some classes and types. I dunno yet.

I'll see if at least I can finish the very basics today for input.
>>
>>47019470

I was wondering,can rose and violet hypothetically change status like dead/alive?
>>
>>47036176
Probably not. He already said they couldn't do gender flip, so I don't see them doing any more useful/powerful flips like that either.
>>
>>47034098
Mind you, decline doesn't mean rock bottom. It had spikes such as the whole Rise of the Undersiders vs Coil thing. It simply began the decline for me. I think S9 came right after Leviathan right?
>>
>>47034501
They aren't so much stronger/smarter as everyone suddenly started wearing red shirts.
>>
>>47035810
Nope.

>>47035906
Figure of speech. I mean it will take a long time because I can't be bothered working on it anymore.
>>
File: kaifu cyoa page 1 v1.2.png (6 MB, 1432x3938) Image search: [Google]
kaifu cyoa page 1 v1.2.png
6 MB, 1432x3938
Fixed a bunch of spelling and grammar errors, and some layout issues. Thanks for everyone who pointed everything out.
Gonna be the last time I post this for awhile. Might get around to doin' that symbiote one now.
Kept the file name the same since I didn't actually make any big changes.
>>
File: kaifu cyoa page 2 v1.2.png (6 MB, 1432x3938) Image search: [Google]
kaifu cyoa page 2 v1.2.png
6 MB, 1432x3938
>>47036543
>>
File: kaifu cyoa page 3 v1.2.png (5 MB, 1432x3938) Image search: [Google]
kaifu cyoa page 3 v1.2.png
5 MB, 1432x3938
>>47036560
>>
File: kaifu cyoa page 4 v1.2.png (6 MB, 1432x3938) Image search: [Google]
kaifu cyoa page 4 v1.2.png
6 MB, 1432x3938
>>47036571
>>
>>47036543
You're not gonna add the Hebrew hottie from last thread?
>>
>>47036419
Okay, to expand on this. For me, Leviathan wasn't a great arc because it simply because it didn't feel as well planned out or written as previous chapters. I understand the author was literally rolling dice to see who would survive though, but that's not necessarily a good thing in storytelling. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the whole thing was bad. There were plenty of good parts too. And the hospital scene is probably one of the things we think about when we think "Worm".

I think Slaugtherhouse 9 came after that? That was a groan fest, I'm sorry. It was Edgy McEdgy Sr. & Sons. If I was still a mid-teen, I might have found it cool, but now it's just embarrassing. Like Chuuni-shame.

Rise of the Undersiders and Coil came next? That was pretty good. And in-between, we had all those really neat looks at all the other characters in the Worm-verse. Which culminated in Echidna.

The Outing was nice, and that's followed by Weaver, which had potential but felt rather lackluster. After that, she basically became Batgod. We had the terrible Slaughterhouse 9000 and finally, Golden Shower, which consisted of an almost entirely superfluous side mission culminating in an unrelated emergence of Khepri.

So I'm not saying it was a straight decline. It had ups and downs but the trend downward started with Leviathan for me. Or maybe S9.
>>
File: Kaifu cyoa page 5 v1.2.png (6 MB, 1432x3938) Image search: [Google]
Kaifu cyoa page 5 v1.2.png
6 MB, 1432x3938
>>47036583
Crap. Accidentally saved the first two pages without the gray filter on in the background. Whatever, I can't be bothered right now.
>>
>>47036633
You still haven't bothered to explain if you still get a kaifu if you go for sex change or not.
>>
>>47036685
gender swap, whatever. You aren't a handler at that point, but Gender Swap is selected AFTER the Kaifu choice, and it doesn't state that one invalidates the other.
>>
>>47036685
If you mean the one that comes with turning you into a kaiju, he said you don't unless you take exemplary qualifications.
>>
>>47036705
>>47036704
>>47036685
What he said. Gender swap invalidates your choice unless you pick exemplary qualifications and you live with that girl and possibly your new handler.
>>47036609
Nah. I'm definitely not doing anymore girls any time soon, and even if I did, I don't think I'm going to add her for the same reason I'm not adding Poland.
>>
>>47036740
>for the same reason I'm not adding Poland
Which is?
>>
>>47036757
He said it in the previous thread. He doesn't know enough about those countries' stereotypes (though I got to say, the picture in the last thread was pretty much Israeli Stereotype: The .png).
>>
>>47036757
Too many jokes about it on 4chan. I don't think anybody's gonna take it seriously, and I don't even know anything about them.
It doesn't really matter because I'm not gonna be updating this for the foreseeable future, if at all.
>>
>>47036831
>never adding Poland

Oh well. Into the trash it goes, I suppose. T'was fun while it lasted.
>>
File: Choice of Katawa 2.0.png (2 MB, 2467x1742) Image search: [Google]
Choice of Katawa 2.0.png
2 MB, 2467x1742
>>
>>47036609
>Hebrew hottie
Explain. Please?
>>
>>47036609
Why would he?
>>
>>47036932
It's an excellent pic, it's an incredible font of jokes (and let's not all be suddenly tolerant in here, every other character was a roaring, sometimes offensive stereotype), and it actually makes more sense than a great deal of the countries who were added (what with it being a highly technological military superpower, whilst Chile and Egypt's militaries are barely functional jokes and Iceland LITERALLY DOESN'T HAVE one)
>>
>>47036633
Lets have some fun with it this time rather than going full min/max

Gender swap
Healing Factor
>Hormone Imbalance
Camouflage
Enhanced Communication Device

Rogue Kaiju
Rolls 7, 3, 10
Hormone Imbalance
Skin Shedding
Tongue Mutation

At the outset I chose the Rogue Kaiju because it's personal. Anyone who can betray and murder someone right after convincing that person to jain and help them at great personal risk needs to be taken down hard. Thanks to the... shared... mutation though things will probably not be going exactly as I had intended. Maybe my handler can help?

Outside of that particular conflict I'm still a little girl with an insatiable libido and if my handler had exemplary qualifications this would be the premise for one hell of a harem anime but I just don't want to share.
>>
>>47036949
>>47036932
Let it rest, y'all. If he was interested in which countries would "realistically" be part of this three fourths of the list would be replaced with just "India" and "Pakistan". Yes, you'd probably get your Israel, but you'll lose Ireland, Scotland, Italy, Chile, Iceland, etc.

And you still wouldn't get Poland.
>>
>>47036969
>lose Ireland, Scotland, Italy

But then, that's not really a loss, isn't it?
>>
File: 1455652392797.jpg (51 KB, 436x369) Image search: [Google]
1455652392797.jpg
51 KB, 436x369
>>47036914
Would hanako. She seems adorable and I'm way too hands off to pry, so that defuses that.
Maybe shizune. Already fluent in Sign, so learning her's would be cake. Only thing, crazy family is a huge scary factor. Yakuza and sociopaths? Hmm, my heart says I can handle it! But my brain says WHAT NIGGER?! ARE YOU INSANE?! DO YOU REMEMBER HOW THESE PEOPLE OPERATE?!
Hmm.
>>
>>47036915

>>47023700
Some Jap with an IDF fetish, most likely.
>>
Anyone have that cyoa where your life turns into an RPG and you can improve yourself by grinding stats, etc.?

NOT the mindbreak pvp zombie one.
>>
>>47036992
According to our lord and savior reverse image search that's a character from some obscure Gakuen Taisen Valkyries doujin. She really is named "Sabra Greengold". Not sure why anyone's surprised, the Japanese are notorious for not having any idea what foreigners are called and naming foreigner manga characters after the first funny sounding word that comes to their minds.
>>
>>47037027
This sounds cool.
>>
>>47037034
Unf. If I could score a slightly older woman with a body like that I'd beat rabid dogs with clubs away for it.
>>
>>47036966
To hell with it, I can drop Camouflage for Exemplary Qualifications. I think Christina Busto, the motherly Italian is probably the best match to complete this ensemble.
>>
>>47036981
U wot.
>>
>>47036992
>>47037034
>>47037048
On a funny sidenote, while I couldn't find any doujin pages actually featuring her, the Danbooru wiki (which has like one and a half lines on her) mentions that she's "often called human scum". So very Israeli indeed.
>>
>>47036914
I just want to say this CYOA is what motivated me to actually play the game, for Hanako of course.
>>
>>47036992
Err, the right side of the bra has the insignia of the IDF paratrooper corps, but the left side has the insignia of Shayetet 13. What unit is she from?
>>
>>47037066
Ah.

>Well of course I'd still go for that, as if there were any doubt.
>>
>>47036914
I like this. Especially since them being handicapped implies they're pure.
>>
>>47037130
Did you even read Emi?
>>
>>47037118
The beret seems to imply paratroopers, but IIRC Shayetet 13 don't have a dress uniform due to some bizarre historical ruling, so she could be from there and having just worn the beret because it's stylish. Generally speaking, the higher trained is a unit in the IDF the less of a shit they give about the regulations and the more likely they're to dress up like clowns for shit and giggles. I heard about a Yahalom officer who walked around base with a samurai sword.
>>
>>47037149
What's Shayetet 13?
>>
>>47037165
Israeli Navy SEALs. They're supposed to be ultra hardcore, but their reputation took a giant blow after the fuckup in May 2010, and since 99% of the shit they do is classified UNLESS they fuck up, they still haven't found a real way of repairing it. It's hard to be impressive when all you're allowed to say about your own accomplishment is "they're super impressive, trust me."
>>
>>47037149
>I heard about a Yahalom officer who walked around base with a samurai sword.
I thought Jews feared the samurai
>>
>>47037185
I don't think Jews have ever had much relations with the samurai. The entirety of Japan has like a 1,000 of them, and they've only started arriving there like a hundred years ago (unless you buy into the theory that the Japanese have interacted with Jewish Dutch merchants before, or you're one of the nutcases who think the Yamato are a lost tribe of Israel).
>>
>>47030741
doesnt fractioned strike + hyper speed kill everything
>>
>>47037224
I think he's joking about the weird things that one Japanese supremacist used to say.
>>
>>47037224
I've seen like five confirmed Jewish characters in manga, ever, one was Spike Spiegel, and two of them were from sex doujins. At least they know how to make them (there was also another suspiciously Jewish character in a sex doujin but I think the English translation inadvertently made her moreso than originally intended, since she uses Yiddish phrases which I seriously doubt were in the original Japanese).
>>
>>47037224
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPAwZkXcy_M

here you go senpai. kojima has really lost it after the chemo
>>
>>47037383
I think reading the summary in the video description is going to suffice.

- The source of the Jews lies in the Former Universe
- 9 Gods and 9 Races
- The last great war of the world in the former universe
- The mystery of Utopia and the identity of Thomas More.
- What is the Yamata no Orochi (eight headed giant snake)
- The root mixing blood
- Prometheus and Christ
- Extinction of the God of Jews; Lucifer=Prometheus
- The Royal Families of the world that have conspired with the Jews Financial Capitalists will collapse.
- The Curse of Canaan
- The Satanists within the illuminati will take sides with our cause.
- Samurai uprising
>>
>>47030741
>>47030796
>>47030890
I am a civilian.
My power is to perpeptually bleed from the wound where my shard punctured me.
I have no allies, perks, flaws, or gifts.
My shard came from the Warrior.

I am just fodder for strong people.
>>
>>47030444
Sunshine City
Caramel, Lilo, Milly, Frei
Honey Block
>>
File: Disney Waifu Too.jpg (2 MB, 1000x6930) Image search: [Google]
Disney Waifu Too.jpg
2 MB, 1000x6930
>>
>>47036876
Are you being literal?
I honestly can't tell with these
>No X option, 0/10
>>
>>47037411
You'd best not mess with Haku, bud. He pioneered the Susashin-ryuu Maken (approx. translation: storm-heart devil sword) school of kenjutsu and he fought in the great war against the Devil. He'll kick your ass.
>>
Let's see if I can't make something interesting while restricting myself to things that are 5 points or less
>no bullshit skills like Shard Administration or Path to Victory
>no bullshit companions like Seraphim or Alecto or Hierophant

Conspirator (1 free follower)
Follower: Iscariot

Start: 5pts
Abaddon Shard

Kidnapping
Kill Order
Bad Rep
We Know
Wanted x4 (ABB, Merchants, Fenrir's Chosen, The Pure)

Blind Spot
Allies (Faultline's Crew)
Shroedinger
Mountain
Power Sight
Power Hub
Copycat
Prescence
Quality Assurance
Candle

Working with Cauldron means manpower and resources; negates 'We Know' because I'm an asset whose goals align with theirs. Partnering/powercopying Iscariot and others in the Cauldron think(er)tank means good prep and planning, even better since 'Blind spot' negates opposition precog fuckery.

Hopefully I'll survive being Wanted; with luck, events should be staggered. ABB only has 3 parahumans and is no threat without them, Merchants get wiped out by S9, last two won't exist til E88's dissolution after the first Endbringer attack.
>>
>>47037505
Powers are meant to work with a team; (Cauldron parahuman teams or Faultline's crew); Power Hub + Presence = environmental awareness while acting as the control tower of my team. Quality assurance means no equipment failure, even better if I have a tinker with me. (Flying brick kamikaze iron man automatons while we stay back out of the fray, why not?)

The immense utility of being able to exist in multiple quantum states simultaneously allows for far more than Mountain bullshit shenanigans, especially when combined with the ability to use other powers outside of combat. Having a bad rep and/or a kill order on me is unfortunate, but my personal identity won't be revealed; I am neither an Endbringer target nor a S9 recruit (or even a trouble magnet) which means that if things to get too hot, I can lay low or get out with no real repercussions.

fgsfds obv this was war >>47030741
>>
>>47037336
The English scnalation of Ookii Onnanoko wa Daisuki Desu ka? had a character named Julia Mackenzie say "l'chaim" before toasting to drink (which is a Jewish custom), but given her surname that was probably more of a joke on how the Japanese just have one, single, blonde "foreigner" stereotype to cover everyone who isn't them or the Chinese.
>>
>>47037527
>"l'chaim"
How do you pronounce that? It sounds like the name of an Old God.
>>
>>47037511
Depending on how many "you's" Schrodinger gives you, all you really need is that and Copycat.

Stand right next to a powerful parahuman;
Quantum lock version of yourself as "right next to said parahuman"
Rinse and repeat until you have all the powers at full strength.

Alternatively, you could just quantum lock a version of yourself as "right next to Glaistig Uaine" and start murdering people, but that just sounds unnecessarily cruel.

There's a great deal of synergy to be had with Schrodinger. Taking it with Holding Back, essentially turns you into One Punch Man, as you could have all but one instance of yourself powering up constantly.
>>
>>47037585
Kinda like la-hai-um. Youtube it. There's a song from Fiddler on the Roof where he sings it over and over.
>>
>>47037585
luh - chah - yim

The "ch" is pronounced like a phlegmy "h"
>>
>>47037664
I like that film. It's one of the few famous works that show Jewish life in Eastern Europe. Everyone is so fixated on the Western European banker Jews they forget that throughout the past thousand years or so the vast majority of Jews, living east of Germany, were pretty much "the suspciously literate coal miners who get raped by cossacks every Thursday".
>>
The 4th Worm cyoa was mentioned earlier, does anyone have that one? If it's the one I'm thinking of that one's my favorite.
>>
>>47037638
yeah it doesn't really seem like a 5 point power with how good it is but I wanted to put together a decent build without just using a bullshit abstract "well idk how but Tinker engineering/PtV/Shard fuckery will solve all the problems somehow because of their description"

I just assumed I could only maintain 2-3 quantum states, if only to keep within the spirit of the CYOA. and i wanted an excuse to copy coil's power multiple times with cauldron's full backing and a creepy waifu

I don't think this is one of the better Worm CYOAs (the companions are probably the worst yet) but the wide variety of sorta shit seeming lower tier powers seems to encourage weird combinations to bring them up to par, if you look beyond the 7-20 point automatic "I win" powers

I'll probably have another go without using Shroedinger as the lynchpin later
>>
File: barks internally.jpg (73 KB, 524x468) Image search: [Google]
barks internally.jpg
73 KB, 524x468
>>47031756
Fuaaaaaaark, I'm just a visiting ambassador from /fit/, but Spess Refugee was GOAT-tier.

SPESS REFUGEE 2

WHEN?
H
E
N
?
>>
>>47037718
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bwl-aJm3wG4nN2w1TGJCSVlQZ2M

the gdrive has worm #5, worm 4.01a, worm 4.02, and worm alt in it, so it's prob one of those
>>
>>47037749
Shit son, I completely forgot there was a drive on account of completely overlooking the pastebin for the last dozen or so threads. Appreciate it.
>>
>>47036633
>>47036583
>>47036571
>>47036560
>>47036543

Here's what I'm going to do, playing my own "game mode" for this. I'm going to take gender swap, roll 3 random mutations for myself, then Rogue Kaiju with her 3 random mutations, then I'm going to take Exemplary Qualifications, roll 3 more random mutations for the kaiju I've chosen and then pick 2 enhancements to round out the build.

So I've got
10, 7, 7(reroll), 1
Skin Shedding
Hormone Imbalance
Muscle Enhancement

My rival has
1, 9, 3
Muscle Enhancement
Size Swap
Tongue Mutation

Two musclegirls already, lets take Ivanka Kotov for my Ally, see what she gets
11, 6, 9
Erectile Malfunction
Special Fluids
Size Swap

I probably should have seen that coming. At least no one ended up with fertility or this would have been really awkward.

Going to try and salvage this with Armor and Armory so at least Ivanka gets something to wear and fight with. Considering my rival's saliva we should probably get a kaiju-sized chastity belt in here so we can at least keep Ivanka from turning on the easier hole.
>>
>>47036914
I had no idea that Hisao was the only thing standing between all of those and turning into bitches.
>>
>>47036992
Dayum. I don't even care what situation you put her in, I'm playing a CYOA including that chick.
>>
>>47037850
Hanako seems to be doing pretty alright actually, much better than would be expected anyway.
>>
File: 1458752564369.png (3 MB, 1500x3600) Image search: [Google]
1458752564369.png
3 MB, 1500x3600
>>47037718
Postan

>>47037738
Here's another one.

Schrodinger + Mountain + Charge Forward

Assume Mountain gives you some sort of "immovable object" state or it's useless. A healthy shove nullifies it.
Assume Mountain essentially gives you the sheer inertia of a mountain. You're invulnerable to most things, but Siberian/Flechette/Clockblocker level shenanigans fucks you.

Largest mountain on Earth is Mauna Loa in Hawaii, with an approximate weight of 240 trillion tonnes.
Moving at Mach 1, that's about 1.071e21 joules of energy, roughly equivalent to 250 gigatons of TNT.
The current estimated global nuclear arsenal is about 7 gigatons.
>>
File: 1458752740293.png (3 MB, 1500x3600) Image search: [Google]
1458752740293.png
3 MB, 1500x3600
>>47037915
2/6
>>
File: 1458752917383.png (612 KB, 1500x3600) Image search: [Google]
1458752917383.png
612 KB, 1500x3600
>>47037915
3/6
One more - Animate Constructs + Quality Assurance.
Depending on the inherent strength of the constructs, could go up against an Endbringer with little problem.
Even if they're somewhat weak, snake/octopus/whatever constructs could still immobilize effectively.
>>
File: 1458753024793.png (1 MB, 1500x3600) Image search: [Google]
1458753024793.png
1 MB, 1500x3600
>>47037915
4/6
>>
File: 1458753862558.png (2 MB, 1500x3600) Image search: [Google]
1458753862558.png
2 MB, 1500x3600
>>47037915
5/6

The Tinker tree is pretty much retarded, which is unfortunate.
I actually like mad scientist bullshit, but there are literally no boundaries to what you can build with any of the options, which makes them irrelevant.
>>
File: 1459408968000.png (1 MB, 2250x3600) Image search: [Google]
1459408968000.png
1 MB, 2250x3600
>>47037915
6/6
>>
File: 98405420493.jpg (33 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
98405420493.jpg
33 KB, 620x400
>>47037474

Elsa is best.
>>
>>47037915
>>47037941
>>47037971
>>47038003
>>47038047
>>47038071
Thanks anon.
>>
>>47037880
don't say that, she could end up a whore with a dick.
>>
>>47036543
Ragnarok

>>47036560
Grindylow

>>47036583
Muscle Enhancement
Healing Factor (Roll = 10!)
Camouflage
Elasticity

>>47036633
Exemplary Qualifications
Rogue Kaiju (Tongue Mutation, Size Swap, Elastic Body)

Grindylow is best girl, no question, and o think that together, the two of us can help get Ragnarok out of her shell and into a much happier place. After that, well, they're going to be a frightening team. Not only are they super strong and mobile, they can both go invisible, leading to some wonderful flanking techniques. They should be able to take out Big Girl without too much difficulty, and defend the Earth from whatever else comes its way.
>>
>>47034576
>no "Terrorist Edition"

A shame, really. I'mma point out some potential errors, cause I'm cool like that.

>Kha-bj'te
>While not pacifist, is very Conscientiousness
conscientious

>IOTA
>that has been replaced and enhacned
enhanced

>Heliodor
>"I know you hate cave in tactics
cave-in

>Jula
>for medical reasons and buisness
business

>"Anna"
>"Carefull love,
Careful

>CV-01
>Currently embroiled in an arguement
argument
>with a number of other Travellers tallented in music
talented

>Khora
>Shanad Shayman
I think you meant "Shaman"
>always happy to whip up some curitives
curatives

>Klonimir
>great at navigating man made terrain
man-made
>His capabilities as a barber are best scene
seen

>'Poroth'
>the moth itself nicknamed 'snuggles'
'Snuggles'
>"Squash these vermin! Then we move onto more worthy opponents!"
This is pretty much Wammu's quote, as well as out of nowhere.

>Wammu
>Heroic Nobel
Noble
>the moment she catches her eye
your eye, I think
>A former hieress
heiress
>Arrogent to an absurd degree
Arrogant
>Looking for a longterm partner
long-term

>Raziel
>more then capable of defending
than
>Experiemental department call him ignorent
ignorant
>planes horrific and elderitch
eldritch
>"placid sea of ignorence
ignorance

>'Charles'
>Violent temper if aggrivated
aggravated

Hope that helps, Highlander.
>>
>>47038217
Not with that picture, she couldn't. Her pants are so tight you could probably tell if she had a particularly large pimple beneath them.
>>
>>47037474

Esmeralda all the way. She's supposed to be 25 according to the Disney Wiki.
>>
>>47038315
well, since you won't make a cyoa with her, she could be a dickgirl in the one that features her.
>>
>>47038431
As it is, there's no one. She exists only in that picture and in some kind of doujin, in which she doesn't have a penis.
>>
>>47038286
Also, it's Beethoven.
>>
>>47030351
Gestapo Secret Police
Gengar, Quilava, Houndoom
Ibuki and Eureka as allies

>>47030741
Vigilante

Gain another 10 points to spend from Identity revealed, Bad rep, Kill order and Wanted

spend 3 points on Perfect Accuracy, 3 points on a secret lair, 7 on cloak and 2 on The Outsider shard.

Deck of cards as item.

Now I can see the true identity of anyone important, my drawbacks don't really matter cause i'm a vigilante and those would either happen anyway or don't matter and I can assasinate from the shadows with 100% accuracy.
>>
>>47037915
Triumvirate (20)
Law Breaker - Conservation of Energy (18)
Law Breaker - Distance (16)
Creature Control - Insects (14)
Tech Tinker - Biological Components (12)
Bio Tinker (10)
True Multitasking (8)
Meta Thinker (6)
Biological Manipulation (4)
Mr. Cellophane (3)
Non-Canon
Shardless (1)
Hero
Pacing
Being Taylor is You
Harem Mode
It's a Brand New Way (3)
Plot Armor (1)
Brain Bunker (0)
Insane Determination (-1)
Event Triggered (0)

In which Being Taylor is Awesome. Haven't taken on any quests yet, but I imagine when I do they'll be based on adding more Law Breakers to increase exactly what kind of crazy bugs I can make.
>>
>>47038578
Why not just take Avatar, anon?

Tank - ~50t
Tanker - ~250.000t
yields a 5000 fold increase.

Law Breaker with Avatar would yield a 50.000 fold raping of some basic universal law.
>>
>>47038633
I could do that, but I feel like it'd be less fun. It's designed around making bugs into an RTS, complete with power pl-ants which beam energy to my electro-flies to empower my beam bees, nanothorn wasps, missile crabs, and bombardier beetles, among other things. While having a Hive Queen would make things drastically stronger, it'd take a lot of the fun and creative potential out of it.
>>
>>47030741
>>47030796
>>47030890
Slightly Less than Maximum Overmunchkin Build!

Infinite Treasury (-5)
Supernatural Engineer (-25)
Special Snowflake (-27)
Godslayer (-32)
Kidnapping (-30)
Endbringer Target (-27)
Wanted: E88, ABBs, Merchants, Coil, The Pure, Faultline's Crew, New Wave, Brockton Bay PRT, Brockton Bay Protectorate, Brockton Bay Wards (-7)
Slaughterhouse Target (-3)
We Know (0)
The Candle

Basically, "Crusty Sock of Winning Forever" mode, except I'm assuming I can only make things that are possible (which is why I spent 20 points to make anything possible) and that any shit I make can't meaningfully harm the Endbringers or Zion unless I pay the 5 points.
>>
>>47030351
Trainer

Dragonite
Chandelure
Mawile

Ally, Rocket Grunt
Rival, Ibuki
>>
>>47038578
So presumably your Event Trigger has to do with being trolled by some punk ass kid in Star Craft II?

I think I'm gonna add "Scrying" in an upcoming superpowers CYOA, just so it'll be easier to make an RTS build.
>>
>>47038286
Thanks m8, I appreciate it.
>>
>>47039008
Nah, getting shoved in the locker was payback for being a punk ass kid in Starcraft. Turns out when Sophia says "no Zerg rush 5 mins" she fucking means it.

Anyway, that'd be pretty awesome. RTS builds are probably even more fun than gadgeteer builds.
>>
>>47030300
Home Teleport
>Work overnights
>Teleport home after work
>Teleport back to work before midnight
>Repeat
>Never have to spent time going back and forth to work again

Magical Fridge
>Can have any restaurant food I've ever had
>Can have any drink I've ever had
>Can have anything I've ever drunk or eaten
>Literally the better version of "The Grocer loves you" since that doesn't cover non-food things.

All I have to do is try new things all the time and I'll have an expanding field of dishes. I'll have time to do that.
>>
>>47030300
Any way you could change "The Grocer Loves You" to "Already Paid For"? I don't want to accidentally kill my local mom and pop grocery by stealing all their food.
>>
>>47039262
"The Grocer loves you" does cover non-food things, just not hugely expensive things. You'll be able to buy toilet paper, cleaning supplies, clothes, etc.
>>
>>47039502
That one would be OP with me. I manage to live like a king from twenty bucks a week.
>>
>>47039482
So go to walmart.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 500x375
>>47039570
>going to Walmart
>ever
There are some things worse than death, anon.
>>
Any updates on the nearly-complete Slavemaster CYOA that was posted recently?
>>
>>47040034
yes
>>
>>47040034
No
>>
>>47040083
Can you share that update? And if yes, would you please do so?
>>
>>47040083
>>47040194
Now I don't know what to think.
>>
>>47037474
>-That accent
>-That hair

So Merida has now downsides? No Megara so that means she's best girl by default.
>>
>>47040242
Any one can become SDA(even me), take things with a grain of salt.
>>
>>47040289
She voted SNP
>>
>>47040034
you mean the one posted in the last thread, not even twenty-four hours ago?
jesus /d/-posters are thirsty.
>>
>>47040441
Who are worse? Waifufags or /d/eviants?
>>
>>47030741
"Cheapest Way to Break the CYOA" Build

Path: Rogue
Shard: The Outsider [2]

>Changer Powers:
-True Sight [1]

>Thinker Powers:
-Post Cognition [5]

>Trump Powers:
-Power Sight [1]
-Unlimited Shard Works [7]

>Perks:
Godslayer [5]

>Flaws:
Identity Revealed [1]
Kidnapping [2]
Endbringer Target [3]
S9 Recruit [4]
Wanted x3 [6]

>Gift
The Deck of Cards

Post-Cognition + Unlimited Shard Works comes out to 12 points and is all that's needed to break everything. View the past uses of every power as many times as you want to stock up on everything.

Godslayer just removes plot armor from the Endbringers, I'm guessing. True Sight and Power Sight might allow you to see Strangers, so you can copy their powers too. And just in-case Post-Cognition requires knowing the person's name or face to see their past, The Deck of Cards solves that.

I thought about taking The Candle and returning to regular Earth, but this place is boring.

>What are you planning to do?
Stock up on powers for a day, then work in the shadows, building up companies to meet the needs of a damaged world. I have little need for money besides using it to improve the lives of others - whether that be through charity or investment. Orr funding my killer robot initiative. For peace keeping reasons, of course.

>What is going to happen?
I'm going to punch the first Endbringer who comes after me in the dick. Presumably this is when my identity goes public. After that, I can Iron Man it up, wearing a cape and capturing the worst bad guys. But my priority is still rebuilding the world through innovation and economics.

>How will you change the play on the stage?
I might punch all the Endbringers in the dick. Who knows? I've never actually read Worm. But if a team of parahumans with limited powers can successfully defend a city from a plot armored Endbringer, surely a parahuman with every power can kill a no plot armored Endbringer? Maybe then humanity can build that space elevator.
>>
File: Gifted Page 1 WIP.jpg (3 MB, 1600x3032) Image search: [Google]
Gifted Page 1 WIP.jpg
3 MB, 1600x3032
Here's something I've been working on. There's still a page or two to go, but I'm throwing it out there to try and get a feel for how the balance is right now.

I want it to be necessary to take a few of the curses if you want a half decent set of gifts, but not to the extent that you're forced to cripple yourself.

As the other pages (location, companions etc) won't draw from the points pool that these first three pages do, I thought I'd post these now, see if anyone fancies doing a build so I can tweak the point values for the final version.

Big WIP sign all over it because I still get PTSD every time I see that version of Skeleton Gangrape with the typo in the viking helmet option posted.
>>
File: Gifted Page 2 WIP.jpg (3 MB, 1600x2732) Image search: [Google]
Gifted Page 2 WIP.jpg
3 MB, 1600x2732
>>47040465
>>
>>47040454
>implying there's a difference
>>
File: Gifted Page 3 WIP.jpg (3 MB, 1600x2723) Image search: [Google]
Gifted Page 3 WIP.jpg
3 MB, 1600x2723
>>47040476
>>
>>47030300
FRIDGE FRIDGE FRIDGE
>>
>>47040465
>that giant WIP just to make sure you don't get angry comments
I advise you to put the amount of points before changes.
>>
>>47040320
no
>>
Other authors: For you, is the hardest part of starting a CYOA the categorization of the choices? I always end up with this huge pile of options that need to be subdivided to be easy to read, but overlap so much they need to be near each other, or need to be in certain orders, or may fall under this or that category...

I feel like I have a whole CYOA in my head right now except for the formatting.
>>
>>47040454
I'd say waifufags. They tend to be more vocal, and end up arguing with anti-waifufags.
but yes,
>implying there's a difference
>>
>>47040465
>12 y/o boy
>genetic
>emotionally dulled (5)
>Physically Perfect (1)
>Mentally enhanced (-5)
>Prime (-25) my current age
>Fresh start (-15)
>Susceptible (-5)
Gifts (15)
>Psychometry, muscle memory (11)
>athleticism, raw power (7)
>Tongues, siren, non-verbal (3)
>empathy, influence (0)
>Charm, adored (-6)
>Mechanics, inner focus (-13)
>Inhuman (-8)
>lust (0)
I'll be the villain of the story.
>>
>>47040465
the fresh start option should specify that you retain your personality even though your memories are gone, or there is a 100% chance that someone will start yet another argument over the nature of death, identity, consciousness and selfhood every time you post this
>>
>>47040465
The 'select one from X categories' section seems redundant with a lot of options.
Maybe you could do a hybrid method where you let players pick exactly one of some groups of perks/drawbacks (Memory, basically), up to one from others (Strong/Weak, Hyper/'good'/no empathy, Charm/Unsettling, etc), and as many as you want from others (misc. powers just sorta grouped together)
>>
File: 7th Sorcery CYOA v0.7.png (5 MB, 2600x1988) Image search: [Google]
7th Sorcery CYOA v0.7.png
5 MB, 2600x1988
>>
>>47036001
"Unreadable" was a bit of an exaggeration but it's certainly not easy on the eyes. It's just small text on a low resolution image and especially the reds blur into the background for me and I really have to squint to read them. All of the text seems to have some artifacting or something too because it's all a bit blurry.
>>
Post a cyoa along with a song that would be that cyoas theme song.
>>
File: AEuogwk.jpg (163 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
AEuogwk.jpg
163 KB, 1366x768
How do you guys feel about this idea?

It's a waifu cyoa featuring priestesses from dead, ancient gods. You have to pick one such priestess who offers to make you the new vessel for her deceased patron. Each god has a set of duties and powers, and after you've made your choice the remaining priestesses look for other vessels until all the gods are reborn on Earth.

So you get a HUUUGE god form, some divine duties and a human high priestess waifu. It's sort of the reverse of what we've been seeing lately.

Interested? Should I make it? Suggestions?
>>
>>47040916
I hope you're ready to make a new version of this when 7th Sea 2nd Ed. comes out. There's whatever the magic of the Sarmatian Commonwealth would be, and the Ussuran magic type seems to have changed to weather based instead of shapeshifting.

You were completely spot on on the Eisen type, though. It really is going to be necromancy (though it has a far less snazzy name than you've given it. Some crazy long word starting with "Toten" with a lot of dots and lines over the letters).
>>
>>47040997
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CU1m57cRao
>>
faction secret police
Pokemon mawile, quilava and gengar

allies lass, ibuki and rocket grunt
>>
>>47040916
You're just taunting us. Why bother adding lvl 3 Sorcery when we need to literally lose a leg to use it?
>>
>>47040848
Nope, the worst part for me is definitely image hunting. Writing, formatting, and decorating are all much quicker and easier. Typically, I prefer the style with few types of choices, but when there are many categories, I find it best to just present them in the order of least-base-knowledge-required first. It is better to have later options expand upon details of the earlier ones than to have earlier options describe the later ones
>>
File: FPLCYOA0102.png (979 KB, 1280x3000) Image search: [Google]
FPLCYOA0102.png
979 KB, 1280x3000
WIP, comments appreciated. Note that this is NOT a Worm CYOA. So there's no Manton Effect, no Shards, nada. Think of it more as a generic Superpowers CYOA.
>>
>>47041075
I like it. I expect at least one delicious brown Egyptian option. Maybe more. Imagine
>>
>>47041126
Because you get immortality in return. Don't you want immortality?

It's an ass old CYOA. I think it's from like 2013 or so. CYOA writers back then were hardasses.
>>
>>47041182
Or /cyoag/ players became soft.
>>
>>47030351
>Faction
Secret Police

>Pokemon
Chandelure - One of my favourite mons, with the benefit of being a kuudere
Gardevoir - One of my favourite mons, with the benefit of being ojoudere (fuck off its totally a thing)
Ampharos - Typing compliments my other two, and dat /ss/ is too good to pass up

>Rival
Red - I want a challenge

>Allies
Rocket Grunt - Literally the most helpful option for an officer
Blue - I assume she'd be a bro like in the manga
Ibuki - Seems pretty bro

If I can fill out the rest of my team iver time, then I pick Beedril, Quilava, and Flygon.
>>
>>47041075
Sounds like fun. If you're not doing an invented pantheon, though, please do a lot of different pantheons rather than focusing on one. I'd love to see an African, Babylonian, or Canaanite God, rather than three Greek or Norse deities.
>>
>>47040848
>For you, is the hardest part of starting a CYOA the categorization of the choices?
no.
The hardest would be ensuring there are enough options - if I agree on X options per row, I need to make sure there are 1/2*X options per category.
Second hardest is ensuring there's about as many lines per option.
Third is finding images.
>>
>>47041237
Every time I see people pick both Gardevoir and Ampharos I can't help but feel like it'd lead to complications. Not necessarily a bad thing, I suppose.

For maximum bad luck harem protag, take Gardevoir, Ampharos, and Mightyena.
>>
>>47041075
>Interested?
Somewhat.
>Should I make it?
Since no one else will, yes.
>Suggestions?
Either make it extremely clear that there won't be conflict between said gods or their followers, or that the gods are all part of one pantheon with the one that gets reborn first as the head/main god, or make it so all the priestesses banded together to properly bring back _one_ of their gods, or that instead of seeking out vessels they simply mold them out of excess belief once you're powerful enough.
Otherwise you'll most likely end up with bickering between people who chose different gods, because implied forced PvP.
>>
>>47041075
>Interested? Should I make it?
Yes, of course.

>Suggestions?
Include gods from all the popular and well know mythologies, then if you want to add more try searching for someone interesting from some lesser known religion instead of just choosing from one that already has been included. Focus on variety so that each option actually feels different from each other.
>>
>>47041162
>WIP, comments appreciated.
Seems neat, looking forward to the finished version.
>>
>>47041126
it's a fair price to pay for immortality (among other things). it's just a matter of trading one valuable thing for another. lots of people IRL have to use wheelchairs and don't get magic in return.

if you're okay with the NEET life, take glamour 3 + lameness, and then spend the rest of your immortality chilling in your abode. losing your legs doesn't mean much if you never leave the house.

or just wait - we'll probably have exoskeletons with 40 years that can move you around, even if your legs don't work. you're immortal so it's no big deal. if anything the CYOA is going easy on you with that option. it's a much harder choice if you remove that, but i would still take deafness if it meant living forever with magic powers.
>>
>>47041366
Thanks.
>>
>>47041274
Oh yeah the multiples of X problem. I forgot about that. The "same amount of text per choice" sucks too, I envy the people who are OK with making their things in paint with options all over the place. Legitimately envious.

Finding images is time consuming but I wouldn't say it's hard.
>>
>>47041075
>waifu cyoa

Dropped.
>>
>>47041075
Sounds great.
When you say 'dead gods', do you mean gods from dead religions, or gods that die in their mythology?
>>
>>47041075
How hard will it be to make a harem of weak-bitch gods?
I mean, there's gonna be at least one God of Love and one of Creativity.
I'm gonna fuck them with my God of Thunder-cock.
>>
>>47041075
"vessel" is a dangerous term. Is the god-mind living in your head with you? Does it just take over, essentially "killing" you? Does it just mean that you get cool powers & responsibilities with no mental change? Depending on which of those is the case, it could be a(n) (un)successful CYOA. As a rule of thumb, steer clear of anything that hints at mental death.
>>
File: universeUpgrade.png (7 MB, 880x3800) Image search: [Google]
universeUpgrade.png
7 MB, 880x3800
>>47037027
this is the recent one. There was also a text pdf one, and probably more.
>>
>>47041291
>Migthyena protects the protagonist from the rapists
>Anon's bitches get stolen by a bitch
pottery
>>
>>47041075
>It's a waifu CYOA
The rest of that is much more interesting than that one line. What kind of terrible state is the world in where dead eldritch gods have to throw in "girl who will love you forever" on top of "MAGIC FUCK-OFF POWERS" to get a guy to act in their name? Is the general populace so dulled to the fantastical nature of it all that they'll literally only agree to a deal if they get companionship thrown in? And even if the gods are dead, if they're able to be reborn in a mortal body they should be able to communicate with you by themselves.

What I'm saying is that I'd prefer a CYOA where the focus was
>Here's the god/goddess, here's what they're like, here's what your powers will do, and here's what they'd like/not like you to do.
instead of
>Here's this girl, here's the name of her patron, here's her personality, here's what she thinks her patron wants, and here's how much/little she cares about you in comparison to her patron.

Now if you'll excuse me I should get back to expanding on an idea for a CYOA that appears to have been dropped or postponed by its original author, as I haven't seen anything for about 2 months.
>>
>>47041484
>What kind of terrible state is the world in where dead eldritch gods have to throw in "girl who will love you forever"
I think Cthulu is a massive bro, giving me a free loyal slut AND insane magical powers.

I had a plan for a CYOA about becoming a God in a pantheon, and also getting a Goddess waifu - focus being you could get anyone of them no matter which power you took.
Never went anywhere with it, anon said I should do the other CYOA I suggested.
>>
>>47041484
>they should be able to communicate with you by themselves.
This sounds way cooler senpai. Like some kind of godly mentor spirit.
You could have some gods trying to get you to abuse your powers while other gods want you to do justice, and some gods might want you to help reform their religion.
>>
Tell me /cyoag/ what cyoa are you excited for?

What type of cyoa would like to see more often; waifus, urban fantasy, Mecha?
>>
>>47041534
You got yourself a unique idea. Now all you gotta do is write it out.
>>
>>47037336
Spike Spiegel is Jewish?
>>
>>47040465
I like it!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.