[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sekrion, The Nexus Mind of the Vex from Destiny. Stat him /tg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Sekrion, Nexus Mind.png (351 KB, 382x497) Image search: [Google]
Sekrion, Nexus Mind.png
351 KB, 382x497
Sekrion, The Nexus Mind of the Vex from Destiny. Stat him /tg/

Also since there was a previous thread about how The Cabal from Destiny would be in Warhammer; >>46991762, what about The Vex? How'd they fare out with their eldritch/borderline lovercraftian powers of manipulating time and space and reality to a certain extent?
>>
File: The_Templar_(Grimoire_Card).jpg (119 KB, 560x728) Image search: [Google]
The_Templar_(Grimoire_Card).jpg
119 KB, 560x728
>>47030271
Better yet, what about Templar from Vault of Glass?

What're his stats?
Also what space marines would be bold and ballsy enough to go to Vault of Glass?
>>
>>47030271
Well, we don't actually know all that much about the Vex, they're still very mysterious.
They do seem to fall into the typical 'crazy OP aliums' trap though, given how they are effectively fought against by the Guardians and Cabal in spite of being able to time travel.
>>
>>47030766
>they are effectively fought against by the Guardians and Cabal in spite of being able to time travel
they've already won
it just hasn't happened to us yet
>>
>>47030271
In the ORIGINAL script for Destiny, before executive meddling dumbed it down.

The vex were a creation of or a race that served the Traveller. They were it's way of conducting "false flag" operations. The Traveller would use them to attack worlds, show up, save the day, and thus win over the trust of races it wanted to drain. The original version of the Traveller was a time-travelling (or perhaps dimension hopping) juggernaut that "ate" (it's kinda vague what this meant in the original script) intelligent species. Originally this was meant to be the cause of The Collapse and the "Whirlwind" the Fallen speak of. Once the Traveller had eaten it's fill, it and the Vex would fuck off to a new planet/dimension/timeline and repeat the process.
>>
>>47032862
I honestly think they are trying to pull a new time line where they cant just go "LOL we won and came back to make sure it happened" by saying that enough Vex have started going rouge to fuck up the process.
>>
With all this lore related discussions, I think the question's not yet answered, what would the stats of Sekrion or other Vex be like? >>47030271
>>
>>47030471
>hold the Vault of Glass

i doubt they would make it passed the templar, let alone the gorgons.

they wouldn't be able to touch Atheon
>>
>>47034275
>replaced hackneyed plot in which "trabeller wed evil all along"
>"dumbed down"

The evil Traveller was lame as fuck. Morally ambiguous Traveller on the run from the Darkness, Rasputin possibly disabling it to force its hand and the Hive we got in the Book of Sorrow is a fuck ton better than Staten's shit first draft. It was worth them gutting the story so that we didn't get saddled with that for the next few years. That rewrite was a mercy killing.
>>
>>47035197
agreed
>>
What system would you run a Destiny ttrpg in? It seems to lend itself perfectly to tabletop theme wise (3 classes, 9 subclasses, 3(4) races, good in universe reasons for adventuring, not to mention it's a really cool setting to begin with.
>>
>>47036232
Also Destiny is an alternate interpretation of a Noblebright Warhammer 40K where the main/running theme is hope and determination to fight overcome the evil and to live another day.
>>
>>47030271
The Vex are pretty much held back by the Traveller and extremely specific things to allow the narrative to continue. They had the power to convert all of Mercury into a working machine in 3 days and actively usable time-altering technology. Nothing in 40k short of Necrons or Daemons screwing the more delicate physics they control would stand a chance.
>>
>>47030271
fuck you guys, here I am upset over /qst/ and then destiny statblocks pop up. Fuck if I don't love the shit out of it. Fuck you for appeasing my rage
>>
>>47030271
Weapon Skill: 23, Ballistic Skill: 50, Strength: 50, Toughness: 57, Agility: 30, Intelligence:71, Perception: 54, Willpower: 62, Fellowship: 12, Influence: 80, Wounds: 120

Machine (24), Unnatural Strength (3), Unnatural Toughness (3), Unnatural Intelligence (3)

Whatever Skills he damn well pleases, he's a nexus mind for a hyper-intelligent AI network.
>>
>>47035197
I agree, but I do wish it had happened earlier in the development cycle.
>>
>>47035197
Shame at this point they're just trying to bandage the decapitation wound that is the game's clusterfuck of a release-state story.

As a roleplayer it makes me sad whenever I see something with alot of potential just completely fail to utilize it in any way, and Destiny is one of the biggest examples I've ever seen. Sure they're getting their shit together NOW, but they've already lost too much of the fanbase and they STILL expect you to go to a separate website to read this shit instead of having it in the game itself. I don't even mind that it's all text, but for fucks sake pull an Elder Scrolls and make the text something we can read in-game like books or Mass Effect's Codex.
>>
Forget Sekrion.

Give me stats for SYLOK, THE DEFILED
>>
>>47041027
A CELL FROM THE PRISON OF ELDERS +1
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.