[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The wonders of electricity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Steam_engine_in_action.gif (127 KB, 630x410) Image search: [Google]
Steam_engine_in_action.gif
127 KB, 630x410
Peoples of this world! I am the Great Lenny!

From the void of space I have looked upon your primitive world with it's primitive ways as your people toil in darkness. However I have come to show you a better way: the wonders of electricity! All you'll need to do is build these machines which use steam to provide rotary force and use them to turn magnets quickly around a ring of other magnets and this will create a form of energy which can be used to power a wide variety of machines from electric lights to powered drills to trains! All will be described in these printouts I have.

However, I must warn you that there are risks to electricity. Most of these are within your ability to deal with if you use the appropriate caution for insulation. However there are risks based around the dangerous negilectric power which is produced as a side product which in high concentrations is dangerous to life. To safely dispose of this power I shall set up a set of disposal sights around your realms where it may be safely disposed of.
>>
You know, these steam machines are great, but I was thinking, what if we designed a tiny universe, waited for life to evolve there, and then showed them how to use electricity? In theory, they could manufacture more than they needed, and route the rest up to us.
>>
>>47008091
Wouldn't they be too small for us to use?
>>
>>47008118
Nah, size/space are properties of a universe, not some kind of "higher" universal existence.
>>
>>47008091
If you have the technology to create at least a functioning star out of apparently nothing, that sounds like an extremely inefficient and unreliable way to harvest energy from it.
>no_fun_allowed.jpg
>because_its_a_cartoon.jpg
>you_have_autism.jpg
Show me arguments, not reaction images.
>>
>>47008188
Fair enough, but the logistics would be a pain if we go in and suddenly it's a full-size universe to us. We'd need spaceships and everything.
>>
>>47008394
Okay: Rick's a terrible person, this is quite well-established in the narrative. He's also so hyper-intelligent (at least when it comes to things he cares about), that making a miniature star and making a microverse battery essentially take the same amount of effort for him. So if he's going to make a power source, why not do the one that entertains him more? And creating some horrible existential nightmare just to power his car is the sort of thing he'd enjoy. Sure, it's super-inefficient. That's the point.
>>
>>47008481
And what about the other two inventors who came up with the exact same plan independently, going straight from manual labor to pocket dimensions with nothing in between, without even realizing they themselves had fallen for the exact same "dangerous waste energy" scam?
>>
>>47008634
Well, Zeep was also a horrible person, he was pretty much a mirror to Rick. So I can see him doing that. The third guy (I can't remember his name or if he even had one) was just an idiot.
>>
>>47008681
No, he was just naive.
>>
>>47008681
His name was Kyle.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.