[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Adeptus Evangelion General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: AdEva3_4897.jpg (27 KB, 350x135) Image search: [Google]
AdEva3_4897.jpg
27 KB, 350x135
Planning on GMing Version 3 Beta 0.5 for a group of friends, first time gming in general but I think I have what it takes, have several questions though
>Does the game translate well to roll20?
>How to make a setting interesting for players who have seen the show and non-spoilery for players who haven't?
>any bullshit rules I should consider changing that either aren't fully implemented or are just flat out broken?
>how to handle Operations Director? Player's handbook makes several references to it but I can't find it anything else on it, should they just be an NPC?
also AdEva general i guess
>>
>>47000732
bump
>>
>>47000807
bump again, this system can't be that unpopular
>>
>>47000863
final bump and i'll leave this here to rot for a while.
>>
File: Untitled.png (166 KB, 1700x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
166 KB, 1700x1080
>>47000732
>Does the game translate well to roll20?
It's fine. That's what we're using. All you need is some hexes. Overlapping squares/circles represent engagements.

>How to make a setting interesting for players who have seen the show and non-spoilery for players who haven't?
Build the setting for the players. Forget about "no spoilers" because that shit ain't happening.

>any bullshit rules I should consider changing that either aren't fully implemented or are just flat out broken?
Literally all of combat unless you have no more than three Evas.

>how to handle Operations Director? Player's handbook makes several references to it but I can't find it anything else on it, should they just be an NPC?
Consider having an NPC just be able to spend NERV Resources and adding some hand-waving.
>>
File: 1461546042953.jpg (168 KB, 772x900) Image search: [Google]
1461546042953.jpg
168 KB, 772x900
>>47000732
It's a fine system, just don't ever play with more than three people.
Make the Operations Director an NPC and use that to introduce interesting terrain effects, like the city changing etc to mix up the battles. Nothing about the OD has been released, so bullshit it all.

Make up a new setting. Keep the basics the same, you know, fortress city, second impact, but change the key elements so the people who have seen the show don't metagame. Change the origin of the angels or what's in the evas, etc etc.

It translates fine to Roll20. Might take some work, but there have been no issues. Good luck out there.
>>
>>47002590
>>47004887
it seems like adeva might be a game where having two sets of characters would make sense. one group is the pilots, but some of the non combat time is spent as adults figuring out the conspiracy.

or do things work better strictly from a kid's pov?
>>
>>47005021
Strictly better from a kids perspective. It's true that at the end of the day, the kids are like 14, but in the game I'm in, we've done a pretty excellent job figuring things out, and honestly the limitations make us more creative in figuring out the conspiracies and lets things be paced out better since they'll be doing it much more slowly comparatively.

Also, there's no stats for non-pilot personnel.
>>
>>47005073
good to hear from someone with experience before i started to try to rig something together.

how balanced is your game between angel encounters and downtime if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>47005196
It tends to go 2 downtime to each angel, give or take one. We have so far only had to split an angel fight into two nights once.
It's interesting because in some systems you're like "Ahh, we gotta fight these guys? Boring!" But in this system it's "Oh fuck, are we gonna have combat next week? Shit, I don't think I'm ready for this."
The way I see it is that the downtime is the real meat of the game and the combat is there mostly to remind us that the clock is ticking and things are only getting worse. Also, the angels can be used to introduce new elements that weren't present previously.
>>
>>47004887
>>47005021
You know, I preferred how v2/borderline had the Operations Director as a PC, adding an adult into the group dynamic of the pilots.

it was super fun to hide shit from the pilots, especially when they knew I was hiding something
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.