[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever played or seen played just a straight up knight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1454142626439.jpg (223 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
1454142626439.jpg
223 KB, 1000x700
Have you ever played or seen played just a straight up knight in shining armor, doing what's right and hitting things with a sword?
>>
Yes. I was low level, and the armor wasn't that shiny, but I hit things with a sword and did what was right.
>>
My first character was pretty much that cause I didn't know what I was doing. It wasn't until I read the book cover to cover that I realized how boring I was. It got better when he went EK but that doesn't get good till 7.
>>
>>46983481

Yes, but it was a variant World of Darkness campaign. So the main characters were all fanatics raised by an ancient Conspiracy tied to the Catholic Church.

A long time ago, a group of Crusaders found the Daggers of Megiddo and swore to use them to kill the Antichrist. Each one took a single dagger and founded an Order that would exemplify his way of war, to train their successors. Whoever holds a Dagger is that Order's Grand Master, granted an ancient suit of armor and holy weapons.

Then he goes out and kills vampires/werewolves/heretics and so on. These guys are trained for the day they'll get a chance to shank Satan right in the heart.
>>
>>46983570

Sounds very inefficient if they only have one target.
>>
>>46983481
It was a friends homebrew Savage Worlds Fantasy setting.

Dwarf Paladin, just trying to keep the party safe and make cool armour and weapons for everyone.
>>
>>46983671

It ain't. Anyone who's sufficiently evil can be declared a potential Antichrist, and thus a valid target for the Order of the Dagger.

Remember, stabbing Satan with one dagger only kills his physical body. He reincarnates. You need to ritually stab him with all seven to kill him for good.
>>
>>46983481
That's what I'm going for right now, so yeah.
>>
>>46983481
Twice. Most fun I ever had playing a character.

First char died, second one I just got back into.
>>
>>46983481
>Year of our lord
>Not playing Captain America with a sword.

It was great. Kept trying to talk people down, called everyone son, lots of "you don't want to do this."
>>
Perfectly straight knight in shining armor? I think I did that once, all zealotry and zero pragmatism. Wound up doing a lot of good in the world at great personal cost, until I finally couldn't give any more. Annoyed the hell out of the rest of the party because they played polar opposite characters (An anime like swordfighter/duelist, a barbarian who thought might was the only right played absolutely straight, a occult swordsman who wound up bargaining for demonic power, and a druid who took up neutrality as a religion, striving for balance in all things good, bad, lawful, and chaotic).

I would drag the rest of the group into all sorts of shit, break their plans, and generally be a pest when their was a clear reason to do so (Saving townsfolk, returning stolen items, etc). Eventually, my party came to so despise me, the druid set me up to fail by giving the occultist the drop on me. Though me and him were pretty much destined to fight at some point since our paths diverged further and further, and I fully expected to lose against someone backed by a minor devil who was fast approaching out of my league, I didn't expect the guy who was trying to maintain order to eventually declare me a destabilizing influence on the rest of the party and plot my downfall.

I didn't even really get a heroic last stand or anything, the occultist got several critical successes in a row and that with the natural boons the driud gave him completely wrecked me. The barbarian saw it as part of the natural way of strength, the dualist looked the other way despite the duel being fixed. Eventually, the occultist killed everyone but the druid since he was weirdly fond of him.
>>
>>46983570
What did you use, hunter? Or true faith powers?
>>
>>46983481
>being a knight
>literally being a noble
>thinking you can make shit right as a noble
>being the kind of knight the victorian aristocracy wanked to, trying to tell themselves that their ancestors weren't complete assholes
>>
>>46986283
this. being a noble already makes you a villain
>>
i had a warcraft campaign where i played such a character

he was an ork knight who was just trying to do what he thought was right. fun campaign but it broke up halfway through
>>
File: b8.jpg (36 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
b8.jpg
36 KB, 500x500
>>46989497
>>46986283
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.