[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/srg/ - Shadowrun General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67
File: 1453887796262.jpg (631 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1453887796262.jpg
631 KB, 1920x1200
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet... DEUS LIVES

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>46943880
>Hosts__Mystery_of_the_digital_life.epub
>Hacking_for_Trolls.txt
>Peeling_dotOnions.pdf
>ByteBoobies.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 10 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Technomancers: Threat or Menace?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running TurboBunny_using_the_shaft.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon
>>
What's a good way of selling dragon parts?

Or using them?
>>
>>46970130
Putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger is probably the best option.
>>
>>46970130
Reagents that you immediately use.

IMMEDIATELY.
>>
>>46970152
Aren't I supposed to conserve ammo?
>>
>>46970130
I think there is an urban legend Dragon meat or blood can enhance HHMVV , depending of the strai
>>
>>46970130
>What's a good way of selling dragon parts?
Loudly, in the open and in front of a Saeder-Krupp arcology, while wearing a sandwich board with the words "Lofwyr can suck my fuzzy monkey nuts!" written on it.
>>
File: 1439439715261.jpg (441 KB, 1550x675) Image search: [Google]
1439439715261.jpg
441 KB, 1550x675
>>46970185
If you shoot straight, you'll only need one.

But on a serious note, they'd make fantastic reagents and the Black Lodge would love to have them. Carve your opening offer into the nearest child and they'll get back to you.
>>
>>46970185
You will in the long run
>>
So is Loren Coleman still with Shadowrun/CGL/InMediaRes?

I only recently found out about all the embezzlement accusations (I thought they just weren't paying freelancers because they're assholes, not because they were broke). It seems really weird that Coleman would still be with the company, or that Topps would even leave the license with InMediaRes after that fuckery. Did it get proved false, or just go away with time? Is he still doing it?
>>
>>46970642
I think it was a one time thing.
>>
File: I'm sickened.jpg (57 KB, 586x438) Image search: [Google]
I'm sickened.jpg
57 KB, 586x438
>>46971091
One time in that he's not doing it anymore? My understanding was that he was doing this over a period of years, to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The most recent stuff I can find is that CGL eventually put out a press release that they found out about that money had been 'accidentally' mixed with someone's personal accounts, and that they were trying to rectify that. But I don't know whether the money ever got paid back, or how Coleman was able to stay on and keep Topps happy.
>>
>>46971179
From what I heard, he embezzled 200 thousand dollars for home renovation, potentially accidentally.
>>
File: Coleman_Draws_Individual.jpg (96 KB, 899x439) Image search: [Google]
Coleman_Draws_Individual.jpg
96 KB, 899x439
>>46971206
Here's some stuff from Phil DeLuca, who once co-owned CGL.
http://www.therpgsite.com/showthread.php?16753-CGL-doing-down-WTH/page14

The total is between $750,000 and $850,000, depending on who's counting.
>>
Hey /srg/ reposting because 3 AM is not the ideal time to get people to help you out.

I'm a newbie DM who wants to run in LA. I don't want to spoil too much for my players who read this thread, but the premise is that Horizon is hiring multiple runner teams to hit the same target, giving them nonlethal ammo to use on each other, then recording the fireworks with mandatory cameras for later repackaging into a TV show.

Any pointers on not fucking it up? Any suggestions for things that'd be cool?

Have got a product placement theme going and will be bringing in guest stars from other Horizon shows, but besides that I'm not sure what to do for the little touches to make this really work.
>>
>>46971232
Here's a site with more links, including stories from SR and Battletech writers that they hadn't been paid in 3 years, and that they asked freelancers to lie about financials.

https://geek-related.com/2010/04/17/catalyst-games-defiant-criminals/
>>
>>46971270
Look at some of the old pre-packaged adventures and liberally adapt for plot lines.

Use a mix of gel and stick and shock ammo.

For a surprise (don't do this early on, do it later) have somebody with a pain editor on. They're not going down for a long time.
>>
>want to wear an obvious bulletproof vest as armor
>only bulletproof vests available are the concealable, covert, under clothes type
Goddamnit, I know shadowrun loves its trenchcoats, but come on.
>>
>>46971357
Was definitely going to do that.

I was intending to hold off on the stick and shock for awhile, it just does so much damage.

That one's definitely good, thanks anon.
>>
How pissed will a security company get about a runner team that killed a few guys with stick'n'shock but the rest lived, compared to the runner team that killed a few guys with bullets, but the rest lived?

I mean, does TRYING not to kill guys count for anything in the eyes of whether or not corpsec is vengeful/needs to defend their reputation?
>>
>>46971461
The damage comes mostly from the high AP. If your players have some Nonconductivity mods for their armors, then they can (effectively) make that go away some.
>>
>>46971495
Probably. Accidents happen, after all.
>>
>>46971495
It's probably a bit more likely that they'll want some revenge because it's pretty hard to kill with S-n-S in 5e.

So, absent some proof otherwise, it's gonna look like those guards were executed instead of it being an accident.

(Proof could be knowing that the dead guy was on a ledge, for instance. In that case, they're probably gonna comparitively shrug it off, unless there's a chance relatively soon for revenge.)
>>
File: 1399221510608.png (1 MB, 800x1390) Image search: [Google]
1399221510608.png
1 MB, 800x1390
>>46971495
I doubt it. Look at how mad people are about taser deaths; when there's still bodies on the floor, they don't really care about intent. Besides, no corp is going to go in front of the cameras and say, "Three guards died last night, but we're not going to try so hard to find their killers because they probably didn't mean to do it." They've got the same pressure to find the runners as they do in any gone-lethal situation.

Security companies have the extra weight of needing to tell everyone that YOU DO NOT FUCK WITH THEM, because security works by convincing people not to do something, not to do it but try to do it a bit less -discouragement means discouraging anyone from trying, because if you start to let that slide then people think Company X is a pushover, they don't care if Company X is guarding something, and soon your rates of attack are 3 times higher than your competitors because you can't put the fear in anyone. If your employees think for a second that they're lives are being risked because you're not working to catch the people who are killing them, they'll walk off the job and into the waiting arms of Lone Star, KE, MET2000, or any other group looking for strong backs and a PR win.
>>
>>46971495
>Killed with stick'n'shock

Damn, that must have been a hell of a shot.

You know that Stun damage rolls over to physical at a 2:1 ratio, not 1:1, right? I could easily see somebody getting geeked if you were calculating damage wrong.
>>
What countermeasures to magic are there in Shadowrun 4th edition?
>>
File: 1461800285246.jpg (302 KB, 1024x1493) Image search: [Google]
1461800285246.jpg
302 KB, 1024x1493
>>46971702
Snipers.

FAB.

Magic.
>>
>>46971702
Other magic, mostly.
You really want to have a mage with a Counterspell field up.
Barring that, you want to break line of sight. If they can't see you physically (Electronic sight doesn't cut it, mirrors do), they can't cast on you.
>>
>>46971731
>>46971702
don't forget the various magic blocking plants
>>
>>46971702
>countermeasures to magic

Nonmagical countermeasures, or countermeasures in general?

Because I hear counterspelling was actually useful in 4e.

Breaking line of sight with smokescreens or other diversions is also effective.

Remeber kids, geek the mage first!
>>
>>46971731
>>46971746
>>46971747
Let me rephrase the question:
Is there a countermeasure to magic that doesn't involve using magic?
>>
File: Thor Shot.jpg (90 KB, 704x298) Image search: [Google]
Thor Shot.jpg
90 KB, 704x298
>>46971776
>>
>>46971776
there's those grenades that makes everything magic-opaque.
>>
>>46971684
I just know that I am very preferential to leaning on the trigger, and have to think of eventual consequences.

that, and I'm thinking of how that code of honor protected group thing would work out.
The rules in that make people SUPER EASY TO KILL even with non-lethal weapons, so long as they are the group you want to not kill.
>>
>>46971776
Again, breaking line of sight is about all you can do. Smokescreens block normal sight, but they can switch to astral sight and still hit you as long as they don't fully go into the astral. Something to note for that situation is that glass and other transparent substances actually block line of sight in the astral the same way a concrete wall does.
>>
>>46971789
Let me again elaborate on the question:
Is there a countermeasure to magic that doesn't involve using magic or reenacting Hardwired?

>>46971816
What year did those come around in?
>>
>>46971776
Killing the mage dead is generally accepted as a good way to deal with magical threats. If you want a more specific answer give a more specific question.
>>
>>46971760
Counterspelling's also pretty nice in 5e. Free action (great if you took Perfect Timing or can afford to cast recklessly) or -5 initative Interrupt action, gives your counterspelling in dice to up to Magic people to resist. Can be broken up among multiple spells or not if there's only a caster or two.

Especially if your first or second initiation is into Apotropaic Magic (Shielding). Then for the next one (that's two or three) take Absorption.

Take a spell and then return with one much stronger than you normally would cast.
>>
>>46971949
problem with counerspelling in 5e is you only get those dice once a Turn whilst mage casts about 3 spells a Turn if he is at all combat inclined.
>>
>>46971855
FAB, as mentioned in >>46971731, is fairly old tech, at least mentioned in 4e as a tool used in Chicago.
>>
>>46971855
>>46972014
It (or at least a prototype, Aegis) was in Shadowrun Returns, so whatever year that's set.

Also, it is magic, technically Awakened bacteria, but it's commonly used in grenades and scanners by non-mages.
>>
>>46970455
>Black Lodge
How deep in shit you have to be to work for Black Lodge?
>>
>>46971986
Huh. I thought it refreshed more often.

Well, at least Absorption has some uses, although I'm not sure if it's good enough for the cost.
>>
>>46971848
>code of honor

Yeah, that mucks things up quite a bit. 1/6th of nonlethal attacks actually hurting is pretty rough.

Basically, you really don't want to be fighting people your Code protects. There's a reason it's worth 15 karma.
>>
>>46972113
I mean it's not as useless as people like to paint it, because it's a free action to effectively reduce opponent's spellcasting by Rating/Passes, and you can Dispel for a complex Action resulting in higher dicepool than the other guy at the same basic numbers (6+6 dice 3 passes you are looking at 2 more dice on defenders side). So if you knew that you will constantly face mages it makes sense.

Problem is - it's utter garbage at all other times, and it's only mildly useful when used for primary purpose, not a silver bullet as it honestly should be to make it worth picking up over, say, summoning.
>>
>>46972269
And if you are specced for Counterspelling Absorption can be nice.

Just probably not at the price of being two of your initiations, unless you're monstrously lucky. Or regularly fight somebody that likes to throw around mid to low force AoE spells.

Could probably work something out with a friendly alchemist, since Absorption does affect preparations.
>>
>>46971443
Just ask your GM if you can flavor it to be obvious, hell, they may even give you a bonus to its armor rating.
>>
>>46971443
>>46972427
Just fluff an armour Jacket as obvious armour vest. you don't even need to make stats up.
>>
>>46972427
>>46972475
>>46971443
Some other options include Murder Armor (12R), Riot Control (10R), and Chain + a Securetech PPP Vitals kit. But in that last case, you might as well go and put on all the kits.
>>
>>46971443
>>46972427
>>46972475
Or just wear it over your clothes.
>>
File: image.png (88 KB, 250x179) Image search: [Google]
image.png
88 KB, 250x179
Heyo /srg/ I'd like to ask your help with something. Sorry for the wall of text in advance.

See, I've just been invited to join a mate of mine's in-progress campaign of 5th edition which I'm pretty psyched about but there's two things:

First of all, I'm pretty new to this whole thing; last time I played shadowrun it was a good while back and Otaku were a thing. And second, the caveat to joining the group is that I play as either an adept or Mage (preferably Mage) since their last player who was one moved away last month.

I'll be starting at 'prime runner' chargen with some extra karma but I'm pretty overwhelmed even with chummer. Any advice on how I should be going about this?
>>
>>46973253
If I remember the mage advice right, you need to max Pistols.
>>
>>46973253
As a caveat to what >>46973284 said. It doesn't have to be Pistols and it doesn't have to be maxed, but you want some kind of gun that you wear openly.

No sense giving away ahead of time that you're the mage.

If you have SG available, consider Fetish limiting a spell. It gives -2 to the drain code, so you can cast harder.

Decide on what kind of mage you're going to be. That should cut down a little on spell choice.
>>
>>46973253
Basically your only chance to get anything done is RTFM on basic rules, magic chapter and astral world. You don't need to bother reading anything outside of core for the first session, sans maybe spell descriptions if you take em, because let's face it there is enough bullshit to remember in CRB.

There are some videos around that try to explain 5ed, might want to watch those.

Adepts are essencially alternative to ware to play other roles. Mages are a dedicated archetype. Mysads are mages who feel like sacrificing ability to astrally project for some buffs to their utility.
>>
>>46971443
>Everyone in my group has a trenchcoat
>Their mobile base of operations is an extremely shady van
Am I That GM if I put them on a megacorp's list of suspected pedos?
>>
File: 1461418556567.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461418556567.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
So one of my player picked the Latent Dracomorphosis quality and I think it's time they awaken as a drake.
Their character is planning to go on a date with an elf cutie and that opportunity is too good not to use.

The books mention that nearby dragons can feel a drake awakening, so I'm planning 2-3 teams of low level runners, or mooks to go after her.
Other than that, what would be great ideas on how to handle a PC turning into a discount dragon uncontrollably?
And what kinds of groups would be after her?
>>
I'm not sure why I thought that was going to be a large amount of text. I am dumb.

>>46973284
Thanks, much appreciated. Any suggestions for spells? Or at least certain ones to take/avoid?
>>
>>46971357
>>46971357
And one guy has live rounds. Maybe Horizon thought it'd increase ratings. Maybe he's just picky about his ammo.

Pulling runners aside for interviews into a camera drone could be fun as well, and other corps might sponsor runners. Maybe they have a set of ethical guidelines they have to follow if they want to get paid?

That's assuming the team knows it's even being filmed though
>>
>>46973395
We have all the books available but I think that's part of the problem, it's a little too much to look at.

>>46973397
Yeah, there's a ton to look at its kind of mind boggling. I was reading the cybernetics splat for a solid hour before I remembered essence was a thing.
>>
>>46971666
Then again, the corps also know that shadowrunning is a thing, means deaths occur. They have the power to shut down running, but they don't, because it's good for business.
>>
File: 1437957758795.jpg (79 KB, 534x712) Image search: [Google]
1437957758795.jpg
79 KB, 534x712
>>46973418
Set the next run in a school zone, see where they park, then go from there.

>>46973253
In addition to other advice, spirits are your best friends. Learn the summoning rules, make sure you've maxed summoning, and call up your friends to do stuff for you. No shame in letting services go to waste if you don't want to bind them, and saying "Spirit, go protect the decker," shifts the tactical choices onto the GM.

>>46973467
Don't go for direct damage spells, they're not as good as a gun (or rather, they might have more kick, but you never melt your own brain using a gun). Stunball is a good one for emergencies- flash the room and let God sort it out. Easy to overcast, and it can take out a troll or a security team doing so.

Levitate, Improved Invisibility, Improved Reflexes, Levitate, Physical Barrier, and Heal. Try to use spells as force multipliers- Physical Barrier and Levitate to move stuff around and give cover to the team, Improved Invisibility to stay hidden and not get geeked, Heal whoever needs it. Mind Probe and Suggestion are good ones, depending on your moral attitude towards brain fuckery.
>>
>>46973253
>Sorry for the wall of text in advance.
>wall of text
>4 lines
If that's your definition of a wall, you must be playing a pixie.
>>
>>46973467
Some other advice: Get some Alchemy so that you can do a little hunting for reagents. Most places should have few enough awakened individuals that you can probably try and stake out some hunting ground without tooo much trouble.

If you have a low level sustaining focus or Focused Concentration, consider using those free reagents to sustain an outsized Increased Reflexes.

If you can sneak, Mass Agony can be a good group debuff on the enemy, however! Chaos and Confusion (and their mass variants) are better as straight debuffs.

Ice Storm is really expensive if you don't Fetish limit it or use reagents, but it's an AoE damage and debuff in one. If you can mitigate the drain, it makes a great spell to drop in the case of a chase.
>>
What kind of confidence tricks would you see a shadowrunner pulling off in the Sixth World?

Bonus points for fake magic, fake ware, and nigerian ghoul princes.
>>
File: tumblr_o1ztmiZ7HP1swr0eao2_1280.jpg (151 KB, 753x1060) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1ztmiZ7HP1swr0eao2_1280.jpg
151 KB, 753x1060
>>46973438
>>
>>46973575
Thanks for the advice on spirits, that makes sense I'll start looking at the summoning stuff more thoroughly. With the spell suggestions, since direct combat spells seem to be a poor move would I be viable in making a medic type and trying to stay the hell away from combat? Just like spirits and support stuff?

>>46973614
Kek, just dumb.

>>46973637
I'm jotting down all these spells to look up, thanks.
>>
>>46973438
probably corps that are owned by dragons
one that strikes out in particular is saeder-krupp, but i don't think they're that violent

additionally, i think somebody suddenly turning into a bargain bin dragon would cause quite the fucking stir in a large area
i wouldn't be surprised if some prospective dragon hunter who thinks he's hot shit would start rushing the area
>>
>>46973829
The 3 spells every runner should have is Levitate, Heal and Improved Reflexes. Thy simply are, the best. Everything beyond that is up to what you want to play. Direct combat spells are very good against combat minded opponents, where as Inderect ones shine if your target(s) are not themselves very good at fighting.
>>
File: 1402005351723.jpg (300 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1402005351723.jpg
300 KB, 1024x768
>>46973883
>some prospective dragon hunter who thinks he's hot shit would start rushing the area
I like that idea. Not sure if I should make him an actual badass, or some buffoon for comedic relief. Maybe a badass buffon?
>>
>>46973930
Don't forget sterilize. Nothing says "fuck forensics" like magically obliterated blood stains and fingerprints.
>>
>>46973953
maybe more like a rich kid who's got cool gear but doesn't realize that you can't solo a dragon
>>
>>46973953
Pit those hired runners and the hunter against each other.
>>
>>46973973

But that adds your astral signature to the area. Better to just use R6 C3 if you ask me. You can even rig a small explosive on it if you're feeling crafty.
>>
>>46973973
Sterelize is a very good spell, but it results can be achieved with minor time investment and some C2. I consider it very valuable for runners who often hit corps, but generally speaking - it falls behind those 3, at least in my book, granted so does every other spell, sans outright broken bullshit like turn to goo.
>>
Which 5E books are drakes in?
>>
>>46974084
You can clean out an astral signature pretty quickly.
And using explosives might not remove all the evidence and adds a whole new layer of evidence and ruined subtlety. Everyone knows that you're doing something if you blow stuff up. Nobody will know if the evidence all quietly goes away and the astral signature is erased.
>>
>>46974084
Your signature stays for an hour per Force of the spell, doesn't it?
>>
>>46974084
when were the old days when you could just eliminate evidence with some gasoline, a lighter, and some really strong solvent?
>>
>>46974114
If you are not a moron it stays for Force initiative passes after combat.
>>
>>46974108
>turn to goo
How's ttg even useful?
>>
>>46973829
I'll add in this list of combat spells that I'd want on any mage (ideally), why, and the order I'd cut them.

1. A Direct Mana spell. It's there if you get horrifically unlucky and face somebody that you can't do (enough) damage to. It's first to get cut because it's low damage potential, and you should hopefully not be in that kind of situation

2.An Indirect AoE spell. In this case, it's here just as that last ditch Fuck You for a group. 12 meter radius gets hit with -12 AP 12 damage. Just restrict that for situations where you'd need to burn edge to survive anyway or somehow won't die from the effort.

3. An Indirect Single Target Elemental spell. Depending on the element it can have uses even at low levels. Acid Stream, for instance, softens up a target for just about everyone. Also, useful as a last ditch Fuck You if you can't avoid hitting your team or just need somebody to be in a bad way soon.
>>
>>46974114
I think so, but you can also purposefully erase it with a few minutes of work.
So it's not really faster than scrubbing the evidence with bleach, but it is a lot cleaner and harder for investigators to find.
>>
>>46974130
It turns your opponent into a defensless statue with mediocre armor?
>>
>>46974154
With a touch?
>>
File: Capture.png (189 KB, 686x569) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
189 KB, 686x569
>>46974165
No?
>>
>>46974194

Okay then, my bad?
>>
>>46973930
Copy that, I appreciate all the advice.

>>46973973
While I'll probably get it I don't think I'll need it for too many runs with this group. As I hear it they are pretty pink Mohawk. According to the GM the group currently is comprised of a face/rigger with anthrodrone (?) bodyguards, a troll who attached a bayonet to his sniper rifle and jetstream sam. I only assume the troll is the infiltrator
>>
>>46974136
It's a complex action per hour that you strip away from the aura. Just gotta be able to astrally perceive.
>>
About how high a loyalty/connections would a contact have to be if I wanted to have a "Mr. Clean" as my contact?

He'd be tasked with removing evidence from hot areas, including corporate zones, so I imagine pretty high. How high?
>>
>>46974258
Removing evidence from corporate hot zones is a shadowrun, not a contact job. I'd be very surprised if your GM let you have one of those
>>
>>46974207
>troll infiltrator
Dude. DUDE.
>>
>>46974327
Well, nobody would suspect a troll to be an infiltrator, so he has an upper hand.
>>
So I'm in a 4e game. Playing a Type O bio aug, how bad of an idea is this?
>>
File: 1437195824736.jpg (164 KB, 525x943) Image search: [Google]
1437195824736.jpg
164 KB, 525x943
>>46974109
They don't have rules for them, AFAIK. You could make a bargain bin out of SURGE pieces in Run Faster, though.
>>
>>46974369
Now I'm imagining 350kg of muscle and dermal deposits trying to sneak quietly and hiding in a corner while security tries to look for signs of disturbance.

It's not a pretty sight.
>>
File: 1442435783221.jpg (143 KB, 900x1244) Image search: [Google]
1442435783221.jpg
143 KB, 900x1244
>>46974207
>face/rigger with anthrodrone (?) bodyguards

If you're confused about the term, anthrodrone is slang for a humanoid drone. Buddy is probably rocking a six-pack of Ares Duelists, though if you're playing prime runners he may have sprung for something more high-end.
>>
File: It's The Future, Son.jpg (75 KB, 305x750) Image search: [Google]
It's The Future, Son.jpg
75 KB, 305x750
>>46973786
So TROLLED is obviously a porn site, is there a host out there with dragon-on-metahuman porn? Did Bad Dragon finally achieve their 70-year plan? How could you have something that even looks like a dragon, other than a very lucky SURGE case?
>>
>>46974448
I wish there were cheaper vans.

Duelists are so cheap I just want to drive three vans up to a location, open the sides, and have three dozen duelists pour out.

It's like having an instant-gang-support card.
>>
File: Ares Duelist.jpg (128 KB, 819x313) Image search: [Google]
Ares Duelist.jpg
128 KB, 819x313
>>46974511
I love that they cranked up the prices for all the other anthrodrones in Rigger5, and everything else is so damn expensive to buy or modify that you're never going to get a custom fleet, but they left Duelists just as they were so you can occupy a city block with your roboswordsmen.

I do wish we had some decent artwork of them, though. Anthrodrones in general get shafted in that area, which is a shame.
>>
>>46974448
That makes sense, I sort of figured since he said bodyguards. That's pretty cool.

>>46974417
There's nothing to stop a troll from wearing one of those fancy invisible to suits is there? He could be like an invisible 350kg of muscle hiding in the corner.
>>
>>46974505
Biosculpting.
>>
>>46974612
>There's nothing to stop a troll from wearing one of those fancy invisible to suits is there? He could be like an invisible 350kg of muscle hiding in the corner.

The bigger the object you're trying to displace the harder it will be.

I'd be ruthless against a troll trying to hide or sneak, they're just too big to do that effectively. Maybe a -4 penalty all in all. WITH the suit.
>>
>>46974505
You'd be amazed what you can do in post-production. Sure, it looks like 12 dudes in a chinese dragon costume when they're shooting it in studio, but run it through an edit program enough times and Bam! Most realistic 12-dicked dragon you've ever seen.
>>
>>46974642
That's a lot of work to make someone even look like a dragon, like "most of your essence" amounts. I don't want to watch an emotionless hump.

Plus, they wouldn't be the right size.

>>46974673
Well, maybe in the top 5. I subscribe to some newsletters.
>>
>>46974707
Not like an actual dragon, but someone with lots of dragon features.
Anyone have that pic of the pink drake girl wearing a smaller dragon as clothing?
>>
>>46974648
You bring up a good point. To be fair, the only reason why I'm unsure if the troll is an infiltrator in the first place is cause I know the player. He's a great guy, super chill and a great chef. But boy is he a dumbass. I could completely believe he'd play somehing like a troll infiltrator
>>
>>46974505
Drakes look a lot like dragons. And a site like that just might be in line with some true dragon's plans.
>>
>>46974847
Dragons seem like they'd be pretty uptight about that- even the musician clubber one isn't out there making sex tapes. I imagine the Loremaster would talk to whoever tried it about keeping up the dignity of the race.
>>
So in Run Faster in the pixie section there's this jack point bit about a pixie who assassinated someone. It says that "the weapon was actually a small-caliber rifle, custom modified to fit his diminutive stature". How the hell does that work?Would the rifle be normal size that they somehow carry or like g.i joe size?
>>
>>46975033
A pixie has about the strength of a human child. Carrying a lighter rifle would be awkward, but entirely possible, especially with modifications to make it lighter and smaller.
>>
>>46975033
There are some pretty damn small guns in the world, and small caliber firearms can easily be handled by children (Ideally with proper safety training). A pixie would really just need a properly sized grip and trigger area, which isn't that difficult as far as customizing a gun goes.
>>
File: Pixie sport rifle 1.jpg (117 KB, 600x1066) Image search: [Google]
Pixie sport rifle 1.jpg
117 KB, 600x1066
>>46975033
It's drek. Only reasonable way for a pixie to use anything bigger than a holdout is via a smart firing platform.
>>
>>46974590
Where's that 5e art of the elf flanked by two duellists?
>>
File: 1256010987107.jpg (57 KB, 941x308) Image search: [Google]
1256010987107.jpg
57 KB, 941x308
>>46975207
A rifle like that could be cut down to Obrez size and then you just need a custom trigger. Shorten the barrel drastically, remove the stock entirely, miss entirely if the target is more than 10 feet away, set them on fire if they're in range.

You could also make something like those micro revolvers that Taurus makes and put a teeny, tiny stock on it.
>>
File: tiny.jpg (148 KB, 900x571) Image search: [Google]
tiny.jpg
148 KB, 900x571
>>46975342
Like this, but with a pixie-sized stock.
>>
are there anthrodrones in 4e?
>>
>>46975864
Look through Arsenal again, it should be in the drone section.
>>
>>46976042
So the Tomino and the Manservant, thats it?
>>
>>46976065
Duelist was also in 4e core, right? You should also check through the cyborg section of Augmentations as well just to be sure.
>>
>>46976108
it's not in core, that's for sure. nor in arsenal. nor augmentation. there's exactly 4 walker drones i can find in arsenal. one is the manservent which is dogshit, the other 3 are all 250K+ so right out for chargen.
>>
>>46976200
Well, I'm outta ideas then. You're on your own.
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 612x765) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 612x765
>>46975294
Chrome Flesh, 183.
>>46975342
The problem is that mechanically, doing all of those things isn't supported by the rules. Pixies don't even have the metahuman adaptation lifestyle cost.
>>46975864
>>46976200
Yeah, 4e was big against anthroforms. The April Fool's rigger book has a battlemech, at least.
>>
What are some valuable liquids?
I want the players to have to take a payday of five crates of sealed jerry cans.
>>
File: Mercury.jpg (206 KB, 1300x1086) Image search: [Google]
Mercury.jpg
206 KB, 1300x1086
>>46976341

Mercury costs ~$3500 per gallon. A gallon also weighs 112 pounds.

Makes for a nice twist.

>5 Jerry cans? No problem!
>They each weigh 550 pounds.
>>
>>46975207

What is that rifle (you) have there, a 308?
>>
>>46973438
This sounds like an excellent opportunity to whip out an old adventure, Bottled Demon, and update it to your edition.

Among the other stuff happening, there's a newly-awakened Regular Dragon that's helpful and a point of contact for solving the Magical Bullshit going down.

If you're going to stir the pot up and introduce NPCs reacting to another winged beasty in town, you should double down on that premise.

There's instant hilarity and potential there, from half the people after 'the dragon' to not realize there's two, hunting down the wrong one, or ending up with a buddy-cop dracobuddy that is ALSO figuring out this new sixth world shit.
>>
File: 255d563a4b8077dc5c273d08a5f42f94.jpg (160 KB, 1000x1414) Image search: [Google]
255d563a4b8077dc5c273d08a5f42f94.jpg
160 KB, 1000x1414
>>46976341
>five crates

Oh. Missed the word crates when I posted >>46976437.

Something less absurd: pure maple syrup is anywhere from $35 to $50 depending on the markets. I imagine it'd also be more expensive in the Sixth World.

I don't know how many cans come to a crate, but at $40 per gallon, a jerrycan of maple syrup is worth $212.
>>
>>46976341
Scorpion venom is valued at $38,858,507.46 per gallon, according to the internet.
>>46976492
No clue, not my picture.
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=22010.15
>>
>>46971684
Called shot, putting the hurt on. Turn S into P.
>>
>>46976761
That's actively trying to kill them though, the post in question was about accidental killings.
>>
>>46975091
The real problem would be shouldering it and dealing with the recoil. A Pixie is around 18" tall. Think human newborn, you won't be far off (general morphology excepted.)
>>
>>46976692

Are you saying you're a nogunz faggot on top of being a tripshit?
>>
>>46976341
Aqua Regia.
>>
in 4e, what are the essential attributes and skills for a rigger? what is the differenc ebetween rigging and just say, flying a gunship directly? I assume both are need so im not just using 'rigger' skills?
>>
File: Final Product.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Final Product.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Anon from previous thread that's been askin' for help with my chargen.

Some notes-

>First-Time Player
Have yet to find a game but when I do, at least I'll have this out the way.

>Core Only
For the sake of simplicity

>Combat-Engineer Role
Someone who's good with fixing shit, putting stuff back together, etc, guns included. Also able to hold their own.

I think I'm finally done here with most of it, but I'm kind of stumped on what else I could buy with 49k of Nuyen left. Think I might get a better ride...but I feel like I'm missing something important.
>>
>>46977113

There's plenty of decent 'ware you can get for that price.

Muscle Toner for a boost to AGI, Tailored Pheromones to help out with Social tests, a Reflex Recorder or two for your favorite skills, Bone Density or Bone Lacing to punch harder and soak damage better.

You got options.

>>46976850

Don't bully the yekka.
>>
>>46977287
Thank you, I'll look into those options.
>>
>>46977113

6 pool in PER is really ehhhh. You're not going to have someone else to count on for eyes all the time, and sooner or later you're going to stomp on that mine.

I see you skipped on sneaking after all. Just know that you're an elephant in a porcelain store and plan accordingly.

Etiquette pool of 3 is going to do fuck all, and a con pool of 5 is not a lot better. Don't talk to people. Ever.

What are you planning on using Software for? You're not a decker, you won't be spending time in the Matrix, so you wouldn't get any use out of the programs if you managed to create any.

You got twice the same knowledge skill. You can only have one specialisation at chargen, get the spec for the other later.

You're still lacking a long range option. Pick up an AK, won't even cost that much.

Are you sure you can implant Smartlink straight on your organic eyes? Check up the rules on that, because I think that should require cybereyes.

You still have 20 credsticks.

You still have a licences SIN.

You have no nonlethal ranged options, I recommend you pick up some SnS for your PDWs. Also buy some APDS rounds, because armour will ruin your day with those guns.

You could go a lot farther efficience-wise with cyber, but if it breaks the character's flavour, that's fine.

If you can't figure out anything to use the money for, consider a secondary flat for emergencies. But even that will be only ~6k for 3 months of low rating, so your best bet is to drop a grade in resources and get better skills or attributes instead. Or cyber up even more if you want to.

I could try going over the gear lists on chummer or something to figure out if you're missing something important.
>>
>>46977301
I'm surprised you think that he needs a cyber-eye. 453 says that most enhancements are available as retinal enhancements.

Since this is core-only guy, the only eye-mod that needs cyber-eyes is the ocular drone. For obvious reasons.
>>
>>46977448

I didn't say he needed cybereyes, I said I thought he needed cybereyes for smartlink. But if the book says he can have smartlink as a retinal enhancement (I don't fucking understand how though), then fair enough.
>>
>>46977468
I assume very small plastic-like plates with photo-generating tiny-bits.

Now, he'd also want a DNI (datajack, trodes, what have you) because retinal implants don't scream easy access for a universal cable. And thus good wireless security.
>>
>>46977519
And this is something I noticed that's quite strange, but by technicality, he just needs glasses (with an Image Link I'd guess) and some Universal Data Cable.

It wouldn't do much, but it seems possible. (Well, technicality, it seems like it may give you the heat build up, ammo count, material stress, and so forth. It just doesn't do much without the smartlink somewhere in the character.)
>>
>>46977301
>>46977113

Maybe something like this?

13k nuyen and 5 unused karma for details.

http://pastebin.com/EnEhF5iG
>>
>>46977468
Ah shit, my bad on missing on all of that.
Fixed it up.

I'm running of 28 skillpoints here, so it's kind of hard to allocate stuff where I want it.

ETQ is now 8, no specializations

Skillsoft jack cyberware, thought I'd throw some skills in when needed.

Mistake on my end for the knowledge.

Got the AK now, 114 round, 3 mags on person.
380 rounds, 10 mags at home.
All APDS.

Yeah, checked the rulebook for smartlink, kind of weird.

6 credsticks, all 10 rating.

Ditched the License SIN.

From 810 lethal to 510 lethal and 300 SnS.

I'll look into more cyber.

Actually, I should get a DocWagon contract in case the run goes south.

>>46977676
Thanks for the suggestion.
>>
I want to wreck fools with a riot shield and some kind of stun baton.
Is this viable enough?
>>
>>46978204
Sure. In sort: Be an ork/troll with good AGI/STR/BOD. Pick your poison between Adept or Cyber-/bioware to boost your capacities. Add a good armor, because charging toward the enemy tends to attract fire for some reason.

Attaboy!
>>
>>46978240
Can I swap out ork for human in order for EEEDGE without losing too much tank?
I love the stuff, conceptually.
>>
>>46978265
If you stick to the stun baton (or other electric melee weapons), then yes. It's no big deal, since it those weapons don't use your base STR.

You won't lose that much tanking ability either, since most soak comes from gear and dodge dice can be boosted whichever metatype you choose.
>>
>>46977113
Fair warning - advice below is minmaxing.

Skills you should unlearn - Con, First Aid, Running. Running with 6 agi is not needed, the other 2 do next to nothing at 6 dice, one due to always being opposed, another due to requiring 3 hits minimum to do shit.

Skills that you buy at 1 rank w/o spec, should be bought with karma, not skillpoints.

Drop specs in unarmed and gymnastics, you are very short on skillpoints, focus on actual ratings instead.

Synaptic boosters are amazing, if you can afford them at high rating. As is, you can get same benefit from a dose of Cram(300¥) as you are currently getting from 95k worth of ware.

Skilljack only gives you knowledge skills without skillwires, be aware of this.

4 sins is not something you need. Just get an R4 with good set of licenses for day to day shit and an R2 if you ever accidentally burn the R4. Extra R4 as backup is good but isn't a very necessary thing at gen.

As to what do with all the moneys? First, et an armor vest to wear under clothing for more high soc areas. Second, ware with core only will be limited, but there are still quite a few good option - Reflex recorders if you want skillboosts but don't want wires throughout your body. Bone Density is another great option. Full cybereyes/ears never hurt. Adrenaline pump is yet another great option.

Alternatively, it looks like you are currently running skills below money in priority rankings, changing that around might be a good idea for a character focused on fixing things.
>>
Can I use a high pilot navigational computer in a car as a GM hintbox?

you know, give occasional very detailed not-very-driving-related advice.
>>
>>46978785
Only if the 'Pilot' is actually an AI.
>>
>>46978785
You are the GM, if you want to - sure. In universe it would only be possible if that Pilot is an AI, but thats details.
>>
>>46978807
>>46978817
I'm going to have to talk the players into buying a suspiciously cheap and intelligent shadowrunning vehicle.
It gives extremely black trenchcoat advice, knows how to hide evidence, and may or may not have killed its previous team.
>>
>>46978807
Rating 5-6 pilots aren't dumb as shit anymore.
>>
>>46978975
They aren't dumb, but they're 'focussed' on their job as pilot. One could probably offer you advice on attending topics (how to repair a vehicle, for instance). But going on wild tangents and completely outside the limitations of their 'job' is the purview of the AI.
>>
>>46978834
Make it an AI that is bound to the car.
>>
>>46979012
Nope. They can appreciate specific songs and types of music, among other things they pick up. They're like a child, or some adults.
>>
>>46979177
Appreciate, yes. Compose, no. The drone dancing to a particular piece of music is only doing his job, i.e. moving his chassis around.
>>
>>46979257
That movement is a unique composition.
>>
File: condiment_king.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
condiment_king.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
Is there a place at street for gimmicks?
>>
>>46979353
er, at street level.
Missed a word.
>>
>>46974396
this bad/good/excellent
>>
>>46979353
They are a good excuse for Distinctive Style.
>>
>>46974505
>dragon-on-metahuman porn

Real dragons are kinda against having fun with (meta)humans those days. Rumor has they accidentally a bunch of immortal pricks that way and are a bit wary of doing so again...

Of course, magic can 'easily' solve that problem.
>>
File: 1440579304373.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1440579304373.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>46979353
I'd imagine street level would be even more gimmicky, so that you'd stand out in the sea of thugs. The various international criminal syndicates are more or less identical other than ethnicity, but the Halloweeners stand out.
>>
>>46978834
That's rad as fuck, omae. It needs a rival shadowrunning vehicle to grind its gears. A red one. They try to show each other up by demonstrating how much better their team is, like parents with trophy children in the same sports league.
>>
File: 1437957768830.jpg (469 KB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
1437957768830.jpg
469 KB, 1400x1050
Has anyone ever run a no-magic team? No spirits, no mages, not even an adept- Just a bunch of cybered maniacs and drones bursting in, taking care of folks with good old fashioned lead, chucking FAB grenades left and right, hacking into the system to get paydata, then blasting back out again?
>>
File: Hmmm.jpg (18 KB, 300x510) Image search: [Google]
Hmmm.jpg
18 KB, 300x510
>>46975033
What are Pixies and are there cute pictures of them?
>>
File: SR Pixie & Troll.jpg (271 KB, 1038x841) Image search: [Google]
SR Pixie & Troll.jpg
271 KB, 1038x841
>>46983173
This picture sums it up pretty well, although do mind that the proportions are a bit off.
>>
>>46983257
>>46983173
>a little off
Pixies are 45cm tall. That troll must be gigantic
>>
File: 1451553134965.jpg (149 KB, 1024x910) Image search: [Google]
1451553134965.jpg
149 KB, 1024x910
Can we talk about Thor shots?
What kind of effect do they have when they hit the target? I know is welded together space junk, but surely that shouldn't have that wife of a blast radius, right?
If a shot were to hit, say, east part of the Redmond Barrens, would downtown Seattle even feel it?
>>
>>46983630
Remember that they move at extremely high speeds once they hit. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_bombardment
So if they hit the barrens you would definitely notice in downtown seattle
>>
>>46983359
>5E doesn't have metavariant height/weight
It always was a great idea to keep your old books as a backup.
>>
>>46984070
They state the height for some races, so I assume the ones that don't have it mentioned are the same as the base metavariant. Like, it's probably not the best idea to refer to 3e if you want to verify dryad's height.
>>
>>46984103
here's the list for metavariants from the same book
>>
File: Shadowrun_5E.png (454 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun_5E.png
454 KB, 1080x1920
>>
Does anyone know what weaponry Aztechnology/Aztlan soldiers use?
I'm making an ex-Azzie trooper and I wanted him to favor those types of weapons.
>>
>>46983630
The Thor is more or less the same in effect as an ICBM loaded with a 500kt-2mt warhead ground bursting (Which is probably the least efficient thing to do with a nuclear weapon).

I'd wager that roughly every thousand tonnes the projectile weighs would be equal to one-hundred kilotonnes on impact, as I believe a 10,000tonne meteor is stated to have roughly the same effect as a 1mt nuclear weapon.
>>
File: Jaguar_warrior.jpg (426 KB, 890x1056) Image search: [Google]
Jaguar_warrior.jpg
426 KB, 890x1056
>>46984900
Baseball bats covered in garlic
>>
>>46984688
Well that explains how stupid wireless shite in shadowrun actually is.
>>
File: Aztech Wetwork.jpg (164 KB, 900x1154) Image search: [Google]
Aztech Wetwork.jpg
164 KB, 900x1154
>>46984688
Is this from that /k/ thread about smartguns?

>>46984900
The same stuff most other militaries use- miltech armour on the best soldiers, assault rifles for the most part among infantry, etc.

Armamentos Murreta is the Azzie personal firearm manufacturer, and they have the miltech suppliers of Embraer, Dassault, and Esprit under their umbrella. Fluff guns found elsewhere as necessary.
>>
>>46984688
>Anon wakes up in a cold sweat in gun bed
>Beautiful Ares Alpha tucked in on left, Antioch on right
>'Anon sama sempu, are you alright? Want to touch my smartlink?'
>'Shhhh babe, go back to sleep, we don't want to wake your sister'
>>
>>46985018
I was more looking for specific firearms, but it doesn't seem like any of the ARs in core/run and gun are mentioned to be used by Azzies, thanks for the info though!
>>
File: 1458269518922.jpg (58 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1458269518922.jpg
58 KB, 604x604
>>46984979
>enable wireless functionality
>don't protect wireless devices from hacking
>blame edition number when the logical thing happens
>>
>>46984900
Take a model you like, give it a spanish/maya sounding name.

It's not like there aren't equivalent models of cars/drones/... everywhere around the world.
>>
I have this stupid idea of making an pixie hacker. In how much trouble am i? And do you think i should go the mage, adept or cyber route?
>>
File: Pixie Hacker.jpg (101 KB, 352x300) Image search: [Google]
Pixie Hacker.jpg
101 KB, 352x300
>>46985114
Go mage. Increase Reflexes, Increase Attribute (Logic) sustained by Foci and you can hack in AR with the best or help the rest of the team out with other spells if there's nothing to hack.
>>
>>46985114
>pixie hacker
Whatever came out of that idea of a troll street samurai and a pocket pixie?
>>
>>46985114
Use Trodes, for sure.

Unless you can save up enough for a full or mostly full point of essence worth of ware.
>>
>>46985180
should i even take a priority in magic or would it be enough to put some special points in and buy the spells i need?
>>
>>46985053
>connecting your cybersphincter to google in the first place
You deserve to be fucked.
>>
File: 1437953153937.jpg (118 KB, 1024x1463) Image search: [Google]
1437953153937.jpg
118 KB, 1024x1463
>>46985324
>wireless means 'connected to Google'

I want this meme to go.
>>
>>46985313
Difficult to say. You'll need to juggle your resources around pretty carefully. I'd recommend trying multiple things out in Chummer until you find a setup you like.
>>
File: shiningdragon.jpg (30 KB, 347x268) Image search: [Google]
shiningdragon.jpg
30 KB, 347x268
>>46985324
That's why you shove three DR 6 commlinks in your cybersphincter as a defensive measure.
>>
>>46985351
Yes, because it means being connected to everything and anything not in a closed circuit, you are also connecting to google.
>>
>>46985516
Damn that was a great doujin.
>>
>>46985510
priority is kinda screwing me over, cant help but feel like karma would be a lot easier for this but the dm insists.
>>
>>46985544
I thought point buy was even harder on pixies and most other metavariants/sapients, but maybe I'm thinking of sum to 10.
>>
File: 1438802111813.jpg (207 KB, 1600x1043) Image search: [Google]
1438802111813.jpg
207 KB, 1600x1043
>>46985520
Internal Router is proof that your smartgun doesn't need outside connections; it's just that people are good at intercepting the bluetooth signals of your PAN and inserting themselves into your circuit.
>>
>>46985572
You've got it backwards- Sum to 10 and Karmagen are easier for metas (though not a lot better in karma's case) because you can get actually access the tier of meta you want without totally fucking the rest of the character, priority sucks for them.
>>
>>46985572
its more that i pretty much dont want e in anything than general pixie problems, cause i need a ton of money, want at least some magic and need to put the decking skills at 6 if possible cause of the double karma cost, which as i am saying this would apply to karmagen too, probably screwing me even harder
>>
>>46985578
Internal router just acts as a PAN for your devices, and will need to be connected to jewish overlords in order for them to gain wireless bonuses.
>>
>>46985673
>>46985578
Internal Router is iffy in it's description, it says it gives wireless bonus for everything except things that explicity rely on outside information (for example, smartguns might not apply due to the fact they seek out weather information/geodata as part of their wireless bonus), it's mostly up to the GM what works with it and what doesn't.
>>
>>46985700
Can I just do away with wireless altogether? That would be the simplest option.
>>
>>46986008
Your game, your rules chummer.
>>
>>46986013
I know, but I don't want to be hated by nameless strangers on the internet. Will you hate me if I get rid of it?
>>
>>46986083
I'll be filled with such a frothing rage that I'm forced to start taking medication for the constant blood pressure increase from constantly hating a person for every waking hour of my life.
>>
>>46986083
What are you even trying to do here? Nobody stops you from homebrewing your RPGs, just ask your players if they want it removed.
>>
>>46985520
>>46985673

Not all wireless bonuses require a connection to the Matrix.

The Reaction Enhancers + Wired Reflexes wireless compatibility bonus is a good example here.

>>46986008
>>46986083

You can. I won't hate you, but your decker might, seeing as the wireless stuff in-game is mostly an excuse to give deckers things to hack in combat.
>>
Is there some form of Android app for combat management?
I'm a GM and I find that takes most of my time and I often miss stuff. Ideally the app would allow:
- Tracking initiative pass to pass and round to round, including changes to initiative mid-fight
- Tracking damage (stun, physical, matrix) and wound modifiers
- Tracking ammo
- Also would be nice if I could make a couple of notes for each combatant (e.g. pools)

Also, is there an android app for viewing/editing Chummer files? Being able to add equipment, wounds, reload, etc. would be very useful.
>>
>>46986332
AFAIK There are no sr apps. There is however a online initiative tracker for 5e. It's in the pastebin.
For tracking damage and ammo you can use chummer. Also I don't think you can view chummer files other than with chummer itself
>>
>>46986391
There is a Matrix controlling/rolling app for Android called Cyberdeck.

It's better than nothing, if out of date.
>>
>>46986332
I made a combat tracker spreadsheet, edited from the initiative tracker.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s0B-A9NDST1nkbRLp8FuthS2tHQMUoATsT0yjjRFthc/edit?usp=sharing
Dunno if it works on android, but it can do all the things you listed there.
>>
>>46985700
I wonder, where does it say that Smartgun's dice modifier doesn't work with Internal Router? The wind compensation and the dice bonus are different part of the wireless benefits, and only one of them implies checking the weather conditions.
>>
>>46986288
>The Reaction Enhancers + Wired Reflexes wireless compatibility bonus is a good example here.
>cybernetic upgrades are literally wires inside a person
>but to make them work together, you need to connect them wirelessly instead of a damn wire
LOGIC!
>>
>>46986883
No you just need to connect them period. Trick is, both only have a data port by default and a wireless connection. Either you connect them together over wireless and let an external app somewhere on the cloud do the synch-ing. Or you insert an extra device that hardwires them together.
>>
>>46986883
What do you think internal router does?
>>
>>46986883
>two distinct systems
>highly advanced
>potentially from different manufacturers
>expecting easy compatibility out of the box

Most ware installations are distinct and separate systems. Some are nice enough to have wireless handshake protocols, and you can also install extra wire to hook them together directly. That still takes extra money and extra metal. Running cable isn't cheap, especially when it's through living flesh.
>>
>>46987015
But what if they want to have wires visibly coming out of their bodies?
>>
>>46987034
Install internal router externally.
>>
>>46987046
Probably even cheaper too. Fiber-optic cables are 10 nuyen/meter.
>>
I really find it odd that stacking high fashion armour clothing is actually more effective than wearing actual armour with a helmet at chargen.
>>
File: Aztech Soldier.jpg (20 KB, 180x499) Image search: [Google]
Aztech Soldier.jpg
20 KB, 180x499
>>46985045
Side note: Chrome Flesh 92 has the Cuanmiztli cyberware package. Technically it's designed for gladiators, but I'm sure there's something similar in use for the Azzie military. Because hey, Wired Reflexes 2, Muscle Replacement 2, and Reaction Enhancer 1 for reduced essence are nothing to sneer at.
>>
>>46987569
it's only atleast 10x more expensive
>>
>>46987569
Stacking armor bonuses were a mistake-- More at 11.
>>
Can I hear some Shadowrun specific That Guy stories? Feeling the fix but other systems are for plebs.

I'll start though it isn't really that much of a story.

>gm bro
>bro is modeled after MGS Bosses, good at infiltration, uses Ballistic Shield, throws Grenades everywhere
>runs a starting mission, has one contact who becomes the mission fixer.
>"go get a briefcase from Gangers lol"
>OPERATES OPERATIONALLY
>rescues a npc runner on the way
>post run in a taxi to the meet
>bro phones Johnson
>"I want double money or I toss the briefcase and kick runner out the taxi
>"no that's too much money"
>bro actually kicks runner and tosses briefcase
>walks away from the job without pay, breaks his phone so they can't track him, goes home
>I ask him why he would do that
>"it's what my character does"
>>
File: 1448853599896.jpg (99 KB, 900x637) Image search: [Google]
1448853599896.jpg
99 KB, 900x637
>>46987671
Here's one
>>46979383
Though it stops being a That Guy story after a few chapters, and you have to settle for it just being a good story

Also, your use of the word 'bro' is excessive and confuses your story
>>
>>46987713

I was GMing my brother.
>>
>>46987616
Sure, the hybrid of blending in/being protected should be expensive, but it's better than just going straight armour because for some reason most armours on par or even slightly better than sleeping tiger/greatcoat are over the availability limit.
>>
>>46987569
That's what happens when there are stacking rules but not hit location rules.
Put on a helmet and your whole body gets protected. Put on a helmet and boots and your whole body gets twice as protected.
>>
>>46987603
I ended up going with Synaptic Boosters 2, Alphaware Muscle Replacement 4 (restricted gear), Orthoskin Rating 3, Palette Factories, and Cybereyes with literally every vision enhancement.
This guy operates operationally.
>>
>>46987018
>Systems that were once compatible with absolutely no need for wireless
Because tech gets worse over time, yes.
>>
>>46987792
To be fair, look at what microsoft is doing with windows 10 and other updates, they're basically strong-arming everyone into using wireless.
>>
File: 1439206138431.jpg (25 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
1439206138431.jpg
25 KB, 500x321
>>46987792
Yeah, because there's no way that in the intervening technological generations they might have decided to use a new way of connecting them instead of the old, because all technologies that were once compatible stay exactly that way forever.

It's why I can take the tires off my 1982 C10 and put them on my Silverado, no problem.
>>
So I have a player who wants to buy an actual, alive cow
God knows for what purposes, but he wants a god damn cow. Presumably to turn her into steaks, but I dunno

What would the cost be? I'm calculating 1500 Dollars for a calf, but what would the transferred nuyen cost be, in your mind?

I also think this AT LEAST necessitates lifestyle changes and price hikes. To cover the cost of keeping the damn thing and feeding it appropriately.

Special Work Area (for the fucking cow) and Cramped
Maybe even a fucking Garage turned into a stable of sorts. Indoor Arboretorum? Cleaning Service?

Plus he should probably get "Dependent" without a Karma bonus, the 3 Karma level probably?
I'm open to the idea because hey why the fuck not, its not like he lives in Apartment 93151B on the 45th Floor in a sprawl... but I want to do it right.
>>
>>46987569

That's mostly the fault of availability.

The Full Body Armor from the core book and Security Armor and SWAT Armor from Run & Gun beat out most of the stacking high-fashion stuff, they just have too much avail for chargen.

Sleeping Tiger is the real problem here - everything else actually makes sense. I think Sleeping Tiger needs more availability or shouldn't stack with the Greatcoat, myself.

>>46987792

It's a change that was obviously for gamist reasons.
And as a software engineer, I can assure you that things lose compatibility all the time. It's usually management's fault.
>>
>>46987792
>Wired reflexes cannot be combined with any other form of Initiative enhancement.
Also, Reaction Enhancers did nothing to your initiative passes in 4e, unless more of them is worse.
>>
>>46987848
That really doesn't justify why you suddenly allow a massive security flaw in a military system (Because wired reflexes are more or less intended for use by soldiers and such). It required no extra surgery before to have both of those things implanted together, and it was just as easy as that. Now for some reason everyone just wants to say "Hurf internet of everything wired is so 80s" instead of realizing some things should be closed systems.

>>46987881
I suppose I am talking about the "Let's give the decker so many things to do" edition.

>>46987884
They did back in 1, 2, and 3e. It's just with how 4e's init worked, it didn't.
>>
>>46987870
Food animals are way more expensive than they are irl.
There's a reason why most food is krill or soy that has been artificially textured and flavored like meat.
>>
>>46987870
what edition? in 4e at least a cow costs 2,000¥ and costs 250¥ per month
>>
File: 39-1.jpg (90 KB, 501x300) Image search: [Google]
39-1.jpg
90 KB, 501x300
>>46987870
I'd say Indoor Arboretum/Greenhouse (including the benefits), and Dependents 1. If he's outside the city on decent land, that should be fine. You don't want to overdo it and punish them for actually having a rounded character, and it's not like he's going to start a farm and make money back, so you can let the lack of animal verisimilitude slide.

I'd say 2500¥ for the purchase, but absolutely set up the opportunity for a run to steal a cow from some rich farm.
>>
>>46987971
I know, but I figure they're still sold?

>>46988021
2500 seems a bit on the low side. Certainly liking the idea of him just straight up stealing one as a favor asked from the other players

>>46987975
fifth
>>
File: 95199_1363996114_large.jpg (634 KB, 1188x1626) Image search: [Google]
95199_1363996114_large.jpg
634 KB, 1188x1626
>>46987959
You can have a closed system. I don't know why you can't grasp that you need an Internal Router to have said closed system now, because they stopped designing things to be hardwired together without needing another piece to ensure everything runs smoothly together at peak efficiency.

5e gives you three choices
>Have everything in you, wireless on, and it works to the best of it's abilities, but clever hackers can access it
>Have everything in you, wireless off, and it still works but not quite as well
>Have everything in you, wireless on, with an internal router, and you get maximum benefits and security

If the army is going to be putting someone under the knife for wired reflexes, muscle replacement, and all the other potential military tech, they're not going to sweat putting in a router to make sure it all works correctly, just like a company does not worry that they have to hire a manager to ensure that all the parts work at peak efficiency. Besides which, the army will definitely have their own top-of-the-line commlink equivalents to help keep the units organized and in contact, and the best deckers they can hire to protect their troops. Electronic warfare specialists are a thing now.
>>
>>46988076
It's 4,000 and 500/month if you straight up adjust the 4e prices.
>>
>>46988121
But I don't think you realize, it's gone from:
"Let's build this with maximum functionality and compatibility!"
to
"Let's build this so you either need to be connected to the internet or buy a peripheral to make it work!"

Wired reflexes from 2050 are inherently superior to wired reflexes in 2075 just by virtue of being relatively the same in function, but not needing to be connected to wireless or buy a peripheral to use with reaction enhancers.
>>
>>46988129
noise

What would Availability be?
>>
>>46988170
>buy a peripheral

You can't see why a corporation would want to sell more products?

It's like the original Xbox360 not coming with built-in wireless or a hard drive (that was proprietary and overpriced!)
>>
File: Cyber Police.jpg (95 KB, 500x594) Image search: [Google]
Cyber Police.jpg
95 KB, 500x594
>>46988170
Over the years, the tech is supposed to have advanced (though for mechanical reasons you can't have the system on that treadmill). Wired Reflexes in 2075, with wireless off, are probably as good if not better than the WR of 2050. However, they need wireless on to be the best possible WR of 2075, and with everyone else rocking that level of tech you need to keep up, through wireless on.

Also, you keep saying internet, stop it. It's already been explained to you that the wireless signals from, for example, WR don't connect to the internet, they connect to the rest of your ware and gear, it's just that those signals can be intercepted.
>>
>>46988262
>Also, you keep saying internet, stop it. It's already been explained to you that the wireless signals from, for example, WR don't connect to the internet, they connect to the rest of your ware and gear, it's just that those signals can be intercepted.
Wifi, internet, matrix, contrived reason to bring a decker along, it's all the same.
>>
>>46988170
Actually they're just from two different systems. Acting like it's illegal to nerf something between editions strikes me as min-maxing sentiment rather than anything to do with the game itself.
>>
>>46988170
Most pieces of cyberware in older editions would also give you a bag of dice equivalent to drake transformation from 4e. It's not like the oldschool RE and WR that can give you 12 Reaction together are still around, anyway.
>>
>>46974130
>turn to goo
>push down stairs
>goo splatters everywhere
>drop spell
>elf marinara
This happened to one of our runners once.
>>
>>46988303
No, it's about maintaining consistency through the setting.
>>
What do you guys think of my ex-Azzie street samurai?

Metatype E (Human 1)
Attributes B (20)
Skills B (36/5)
Magic E (Mundane)
Resources A (450,000Y)

Alias: Eagle
Metatype: Human
Sex: Male
Bod 3 Wil 3
Str 2(K)(6) Log 3
Agi 6(10) Cha 2
Rea 5(7) Int 5
Edg 3 Ess 0.25

Lifestyle: Low (1 Month, 2,000Y)
(9 Karma - > 18,000Y Nuyen)
Dodge: 12
Soak: 23
Condition Montior: 10/10
Initiative: 12+3d6
Limits:
Physical: 8
Mental: 5
Social: 3

Qualities:
Restricted Gear (Muscle Replacement 4) (-10 Karma)
Corporate Limited SIN (Aztechnology) (+15 Karma)
Records on File (Aztechnology) (+1 Karma)

Skills:
Athletics Group 3
Outdoors Group 2
Automatics 6 (Assault Rifles)
Longarms 6 (Shotguns)
Sneaking 5 (Jungle)
Perception 5
Ettiquite 4 (Corporate)
Pilot Ground 3
First Aid 3
Pistols 2 (Karma)
Blades 2 (Karma)

Knowledge Skills:
Military Tactics 6
Aztechnology 4
Firearms 3
Aztlan 3

Vehicle:
Suzuki Mirage (8,500Y)
(Hand 5/3, Spd 6, Acc 3, Bod 5, Armour 6, Pilot 1, Sens 2, Seats 1)

Ware:
Alphware Muscle Replacement 4 (120,000Y) (3.2 Ess)
Cybereyes Rating 3 (10,000Y) (0.4 Ess)
+Flare Compensation (1,000Y)
+Low-Light Vision (1,500Y)
+Smartlink (4,000Y)
+Thermographic Vision (1,500Y)
+Vision Enhancement 2 (8,000Y)
+Vision Magnification (2,000Y)
Synaptic Booster Rating 2 (190,000Y) (1 Ess)
Platelet Factories (17,000Y) (0.2 Ess)
Orthoskin rating 3 (18,000Y) (0.75 Ess)
Reflex Recorder (Long Arms) (14,000Y) (0.1 Ess)
Reflex Recorder (Automatics) (14,000Y) (0.1 Ess)
>>
>>46988392
And gear

Ares Alpha w/ Suppressor, Sling, and Shock Pad (3,215Y)
(Acc 5(7), 11P/-2AP, SA/BF/FA, 3 RC, 42(c))
Underbarrel Launcher
(Acc 4(6), SS, 6(c))
420 APDS Rounds, Assault Rifles (2,520Y)
210 SnS Rounds, Assault Rifles (840Y)
12 HE Grenades (1,200Y)
(16P/-2AP, -2P/m)
6 Flashbang Grenades (600Y)
(10S/-4AP, 10m)
6 Thermal Smoke Grenades (360Y)

Enfield AS-7 w/ External Smartgun System(Bottom), Sling, and Gas Vent 3

(1,915Y)
(Acc 4(6), 13P/-1AP, SA/BF, 3 RC, 24(d))
240 APDS Rounds, Shotguns (1,440Y)
240 Flechette Rounds, Shotguns (780Y)
120 SnS Rounds, Shotguns (480Y)

Steyr TMP w/ Suppressor (850Y)
(Acc 4(5), 7P, SA/BF/FA, 30(c))
300 APDS Rounds, SMG (1,800Y)
150 SnS Rounds, SMG (600Y)

Browning Ultra-Power w/ External Smartgun System(Bottom) (840Y)
(Acc 5(7), 8P/-1AP, SA, 10(c))
100 APDS Rounds, Heavy Pistols (600Y)
50 SnS Rounds, Heavy Pistols (200Y)

Murder Armour w/ Gel Packs and Biomonitor (6,800Y)
(15 Armour, Capacity 4, Physical limit -2 for knockdown)
Ballistic Mask w/ Gasmask (600Y)
(+2 Armour, Capacity 8, +2 to social limit (Customized with Aztec war paint)

Transys Avalon (DR 6) (5,000Y)
Rating 4 Fake SIN (10,000Y)
Rating 4 Fake License ('ware) (800Y)
Rating 4 Fake License (Weapons) (800Y)
Rating 4 Fake License (CC) (800Y)
Rating 4 Fake License (Driver's License) (800Y)

Subvocal Mic (50Y)
Micro-transceiver (100Y)
Monofilament chainsaw (500Y)
Maglock Passkey Rating 4 (8,000Y)
Gecko Tape Gloves (250Y)
Survival Kit (200Y)
8 Light Sticks (200Y)
Medkit Rating 4 (1,000Y)
10 Stim Patches Rating 6 (1,500Y)
1 Trauma Patch (500Y)
>>
File: I'm Out.png (98 KB, 1454x838) Image search: [Google]
I'm Out.png
98 KB, 1454x838
>>46988370
So the consistency of >>46988262 does nothing for you, which is why you ignored it? Cool.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.