[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys this is the continuation of our Building thread from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 19
File: Screenshot_20160428-003514.png (180 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160428-003514.png
180 KB, 1080x1920
Hey guys this is the continuation of our Building thread from last night.

The story so far : Thr'ull leads a tribe of bullywugs in the swamp. During their scavenging efforts they encountered a juvenile troll, while the beast was felled it claimed the life of a skilled hunter. As the scouts explored the outer reaches of the swamp they came back with reports of monstrous giants, the encounters left one about crippled. Thr'ull and the elder female were able to join in the covenants of both Tode, God of armaments, siege, and the forge; as well as Malu, Goddess of Water and Rebirth. We last left off with Thr'ull having encountered a small camp of three humanoids and deciding what should be done.

Rules: Ties are won by first post

No rerolls in event of luck event (Ex: dubs to evade)

Remember to vote for anons suggestions

Have fun!

Pic is the last decision made in the thread, story post incoming.
>>
File: 1461800365878.jpg (10 KB, 236x458) Image search: [Google]
1461800365878.jpg
10 KB, 236x458
>>46966237
Hey, Anon. I think it would be best if you use a bullywug pic like this for OP. Makes it easier for other players to see it.
>>
Thr'ull decided it would be wise to take only his most skilled warriors, moreover he could only arm so many of his tribe at once. He instructed three of the hunters to gather their spears and follow him, leaving two tribesmen to go and gather materials. He left the crippled sentry in charge of the females and set off to the south, his band of hunters hopping close behind. After a short while they happened upon the area that Thr'ull had discovered the tracks and lowered their pace as they crept forward. Soon the voices could be heard through the misty air accompanied by a peculiar whirring. Thr'ull halted his band of hunters A short distance away from the camp perimeter.

A) All out attack
B)Stage an ambush
C)Attempt Diplomacy
D) Other

Resources

Food:50 units
Time: Afternoon

Population: 7+Thr'ull+Cripple+8 pollywugs (Grow legs in 5 turns, sexually mature in 9)

Materials: 10 units of Troll bone, 2.5 units of Troll hide, 50 units of sticks, 30 units of stone, medium bundle of vines, 10 dead turtles.
(I do not remember the exact values for our resources and did not take a screenshot, if any of the values are wrong please notify me)

Tools: 1 crude spear, 6 troll bone spears, 1 crude Dart Flinger, 10 bone darts

Religion: Covenant of The Forge, Covenant of Water

Boons: Ember of the Forge, Blessing of Fertility (+5 breeding while in water, +10 if it is pure), Blessing of Rejuvenation (+1 regeneration in water, +5 healing n water)
>>
>>46966387
Good point, although im not sure how to change the OP pic, if i even can, but i will remember to do so for next time.
>>
>>46966458
D) Thr'ull goes to talk to them while the rest surround them if the Dwarves don't want to
>>46966473
You would need to delete this thread and make another but that's not needed if you don't want to. It's really up to you.
>>
File: Civilization races.jpg (3 MB, 2700x6000) Image search: [Google]
Civilization races.jpg
3 MB, 2700x6000
>>46966532
I think we will be ok for this thread, but i will correct the issue in the future. Ill have to leave in about an hour for (1-2 hours) so if the thread dies i will make a new one.

pic related is the chart im using for reference

answer locked in 3 minutes
>>
Thr'ull planned an ambush with his hunters, instructing them to remain hidden as he attempted diplomacy with the strange creatures. He gave them a signal to attack, a loud bellowing croak. Thr'ull handed his spear and ancient staff to one of his hunters and watched carefully as they took their positions, each hunter taking a different section of the camp. Collecting himself Thr'ull waddled over to the edge of the camp and announced his presence with a croak as he pushed through the foliage. The two small humanoids shrieked as they saw Thr'ull push through the shrubbery and the larger human drew his sword. Between the two smaller creatures a shiny contraption was hovering, the whirring noise emanating from it.

A) Attempt Diplomacy
B) Commence the attack
C) Retreat
D) Other

Resources

Population: 7+Thr'ull+Cripple+8 pollywugs (Grow legs in 5 turns, sexually mature in 9)

Materials: 10 units of Troll bone, 2.5 units of Troll hide, 50 units of sticks, 30 units of stone, medium bundle of vines, 10 dead turtles.
(I do not remember the exact values for our resources and did not take a screenshot, if any of the values are wrong please notify me)

Boons: Ember of the Forge, Blessing of Fertility (+5 breeding while in water, +10 if it is pure), Blessing of Rejuvenation (+1 regeneration in water, +5 healing n water)

A) Attempt Diplomacy
>>
>>46966757
>A) Attempt Diplomacy
But keep a safe distance.
>>
File: Bullywugs_-_Warren_Mahy.jpg (146 KB, 640x445) Image search: [Google]
Bullywugs_-_Warren_Mahy.jpg
146 KB, 640x445
Thr'ull raised his arms to show he was unarmed and croaked out a friendly greeting. He did not move from the edge of the camp, understanding just how dangerous this situation was. The two small humanoids made no sign of understanding and the larger humanoid responded with a crude "Fuck are you?". Thr'ull did not understand the common tongue but the tone in the humanoids voice did not sound friendly.

A) Attempt diplomacy (High chance of failure)
B) Commence the attack
C)Retreat
D) Other

The first response post ending in dubs results in successful diplomacy
If the post ends in 0,3,7 (and is not dubs, the diplomacy fails but not catastrophically)
If the post ends in anything else (that is not dubs) the diplomacy fails catastrophically

Resources

>>
>>46966757
A)

>Greetings saurn
>>
>>46966952
>A)

>would you like dice rolls to determine successes/failures
>>
>>46966952
>B) Commence the attack
>>46967007
What do?
>>
>>46967016
Hmm I guess there is really no way to reason with them

>it would be great to have some sort of positive relation with our neighbors though
>>
>>46967007
I wasnt aware that we could do dice rolls on 4chan, but thats probably a bit easier than post number haha.
>>
>>46967139
It explains it in the /tg/ sticky

>I think they're called sticky's
>>
File: Rolling.gif (20 KB, 304x30) Image search: [Google]
Rolling.gif
20 KB, 304x30
Rolled 96 (1d100)

>>46967139
Yes. You type up the dice you would use, like 1d20 or 3d50, in options and then post.
>>46967165
They're called stickies.
>>
Thr'ull croaked his greeting again and began grooming his bulbous eyes to show he was amiable. The small humanoids shrank back and shrieked "He wants to eat us!" The large humanoid took a step forward to stand between Thr'ull and the small ones, "Like hell you are freak!" He raised his sword and charged Thr'ull.

This is my last post for a little bit, I should be back within an hour or two. If someone else wants to take over QM or I'll make another thread I don't mind. Thanks for being in my story guys.

A) Commence the attack
B) Retreat
C) Attempt 1v1 combat
D) Other

Resources

>>
>>46967193
Ok coolio

>wanna do that for now on?
>>
>>46967214
A) commence the attack

>I'd rather start a side thread than have another QM take over but it's w/e
>>
>>46967214
>A) Commence the attack
Capture the ones that can be taken alive.
>>
>>46967269
>>46967285
I will start a side thread when I return, the Op image will be the Bullywugs here >>46966952
I look forward to seeing you guys shortly!
>>
>>46967314
I meant start a side thread while we wait for you and also try keeping this one alive
>>
Anyone on here play on untap.in?
>>
>>46967517
Nope. Now that I heard of it. I registered. What am I in for?
>>
>>46967574
It's a great site with a good community,mostly, only complaint I have is the server's going down all the time
>>
>>46967619
Sounds good
>>
>>46967678
If you make a modern deck we can play
>>
File: Bullywug_MoF.jpg (50 KB, 400x424) Image search: [Google]
Bullywug_MoF.jpg
50 KB, 400x424
Should I bump this thread until OP comes back or should he make another one?
>>
>>46967885
I wanna keep this one alive
>>
Frog bump
>>
File: 1456430644365.png (1 MB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
1456430644365.png
1 MB, 1200x1800
Get our buddies to capture the small ones and hold 'em hostage so the big one calms down
>>
>>46968130
Worth a shot

>we need to learn common or find another way to communicate
>>
File: images (3).jpg (5 KB, 188x196) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
5 KB, 188x196
REEEE
>>
OP will be back soon, he said 1-2 hours r-right guys
>>
>>46968659
Yes. Stay strong, Anon.
*Ribbit*
>>
*bored croak*
>>
File: download (11).jpg (6 KB, 211x239) Image search: [Google]
download (11).jpg
6 KB, 211x239
The swamp will rise again REEE!!!
>>
>>46969321
While we wait, let's discuss what the outcomes of our current action. There are three Dwarves. One is armed and the others are not. How do we slove this?
>>
>>46969375
We don't even know that they are dwarves, just 1 big humanoid and 2 smol ones
>>
>>46969393
Hmm, you're right. What do you think they are?
>>
>>46969422
Op mentioned they had some funky machines, maybe they're gnomes with a human bodyguard?
>>
>>46969437
This seems most likely
>>
Although the smaller two are unarmed we should be wary of magic use
>>
>>46969474
If it comes to it, we can just bail, we can jump out of reach and just run back to camp or dive into the water, i doubt they'd follow us into unfamiliar territory
>>
>>46969496
Alternatively we could wound them with thrown spears and keep a distance until they are fatigued and low on blood
>>
>>46969530
If we can pull this off it will be such a good haul

>op pls don't be kill
>>
>>46969570
He's been reliable so far I have faith in his return
>>
Hey guys I'll be ready to QM in about in about 15 minutes, Props for keeping the thread alive!
>>
>>46969734
Sweet
>>
>>46969734
PRAIS TODE AND MALU
>>
Sorry this is taking longer than expected, on my phone and trying to get the internet up and running!
>>
File: images (81).jpg (10 KB, 254x199) Image search: [Google]
images (81).jpg
10 KB, 254x199
>>46969989
>>
>>
Thr'ull raised the call with a loud and throaty croak as he dodged away from the large humanoids thrust. The tip of the blade caught his oily skin and parted it like wet paper. Suddenly a spear flew from the trees and struck the large humanoid in the back of the leg. He cried out in surprise and pulled the spear from his armor, it's tip held the faintest touch of blood. Thr'ull scrambled and snatched the spear from the ground, using he tongue to lash at the humanoids face. He thrust with his spear and cut his enemies left hand, blood leaked from the wound as the humanoid withdrew his hand.

A) Call off the attack
B) Strike while he's weak
C) Retreat
D) Other

Resources

>>
>>46970558
B

>I think you've been forgetting to update the pollywugs
>>
>>46970558
>B) Strike while he's weak
>>
>>46970558
Press on and take 'em down
>>
>>46970590
I realized the turns I gave them were pretty short, so I've been artificially extending it. +8 population seemed a Bit much every 8 turns imo
>>
>>46970814
That's reasonable
>>
Thr'ull raised the call to attack once again and another spear flew from the trees, this time finding purchase in the humanoids back. The hunters leapt from their hiding places and circled the large humanoid, one was unarmed. A stick cracking underfoot alerted the bullywugs of the small humanoids escape attempt .

A) All out attack
B) Subdue the small humanoids
C) Divide and conquer
D) Other

Thr'ull croaked his greeting again and began grooming his bulbous eyes to show he was amiable. The small humanoids shrank back and shrieked "He wants to eat us!" The large humanoid took a step forward to stand between Thr'ull and the small ones, "Like hell you are freak!" He raised his sword and charged Thr'ull.

This is my last post for a little bit, I should be back within an hour or two. If someone else wants to take over QM or I'll make another thread I don't mind. Thanks for being in my story guys.

A) Commence the attack
B) Retreat
C) Attempt 1v1 combat
D) Other

Resources

Population: 7+Thr'ull+Cripple+8 pollywugs (Grow legs in 4 turns, sexually mature in 8)

>>
>>46970903
>B) Subdue the small humanoids
>A) Commence the attack
>>
>>46970903
Ignore the reposted story bit, it was copy pasted by mistake
>>
>>46970924
>seconding
>>
>>46970903
B

>also try to calm the large humanoid
>>
>>46970924
>>46970964
>>46970970
Two minutes til locked in, did you want to add any more specifics?
>>
I will keep bumpin this thread

>here's a link to a similar thread that is pretty cool http://boards.4chan.org/qst/thread/7233/kobold-civ#bottom
>>
>>46971014
Maybe tie them up?
>>
>>46971014
Blind the angry one with a tongue to the face if he doesn't calm down
>>
>>46971067
Second
>>
Thr'ull croaked for the two nearest hunters to capture the little ones, as they began hopping away the sword wielding humanoid attempt a one handed swing. The spear lodged in his armor forced him off balance and his swing went wide causing him to tumble in the mud. The two pursuing hunters disappeared into the foliage while the remaining three bullywugs turned to their armed opponent. The large humanoid staggered to his feet and brandished his sword, his breath was coming in ragged spurts as he stared down his opponents. "What do ye fuckers want?" He shouted , spittle flying from his mouth. A hunter advanced forward but was kept at bay by a wild swing from the sword. Thr'ull lashed at the humanoids outstretched hand with his tongue, the force of which caused him to drop his sword. In a flash two of the hunters had leapt onto him, knocking him onto his back. A sharp crack split the air as the troll bone spear broke against the ground, and the tip drove itself deep into the humanoids flesh. The humanoid coughed blood and sputtered curses as the spear pierced his flesh no longer having any strength to fight. A few moments later the other two hunters appeared with the two small humanoids in tow, their hands bound together by globs of saliva.

A) Kill them all
B) Kill the large one
C) Kill the small ones
D) Take captives
E) Other
Resources

Population: 7+Thr'ull+Cripple+8 pollywugs (Grow legs in 4 turns, sexually mature in 8)

>>
>>46971277
>D) Take captives
Make sure the big is nice and secured.
>>
>>46971277
>B Bash in the big ones head with a rock, he'll too dangerous to keep in captivity, and we can intimidate the little ones into obeisance
>>
>>46971305
Second this but also put him in pool to show our good intentions

>keep him far from the pollywugs
>>
>>46971305
>>46971325
Tie breaker in three minutes
>>
>>46971404
He's not under Malu's blessing, the pool will ha e no effect on him. If we had a healer it would work.
>>
>>46971446
Can the elderly female heal him?
>>
>>46971474
He got speared bro, and we aren't gonna spend resources on a guy that just attacked us unprovoked.

Death to the big 'un
>>
>>46971474
She might, she might not. Whatever medicines she might know could be lethal to humans.
>>
>>46971542
There we go, its just a lot of unknowns.

Save him the suffering frog friends, end his misery right now
>>
>>46971572
Ok let's kill him then harvest him if possible
>>
File: hwat.png (157 KB, 319x331) Image search: [Google]
hwat.png
157 KB, 319x331
>>46971598
Holy shit lol what a 180

>Don't kill the human, lets heal him
>Ok i guess we'll kill him. and butcher his corpse like an animal for resources
>>
>>46971650
Lel

>it was a good argument
>>
Did OP leave or is he typing?
>>
>>46971759
He's typing I think.
>>
Thr'ull instructed the hunters to subdue the large humanoid, they did so by binding his hands and feet with thick globs of saliva, one was even kind enough to drool over the wound in an attempt to seal it. He was successful but had neglected to remove the spearhead. The large humanoid shouted curses until his mouth was sealed shut, coughing furiously as he swallowed some of the saliva. Turning his attention to the two small humanoids Thr'ull asked them who they were in a deep menacing croak. "Get away from us monster!" One of them squealed, " We don't have anything you dirt stupid bunch would want, we're gnomes not goblins!" The creatures shrill voice irritated Thr'ull and he was angry that they did not speak his language. As the small one spoke, the strange whirring noise returned as the shiny flying contraption appeared overhead. "No No! Go away!" The gnomes cried frantically, too late were their commands understood as a large sticky tongue slammed into it and pulled it to the outstretched hands of a hunter.

A) Gag the little ones
B) Kill them
C)Search the camp
D) Examine the contraption
E) Other
Resources

Population: 7+Thr'ull+Cripple+8 pollywugs (Grow legs in 3 turns, sexually mature in 7)

>>
>>46971867
All but B

>Bring the captives to the pond and tie them to trees under watch
>>
>>46971922
>this
>>
>>46971922
+1
>>
>>46971867
Op I still demand the unceremonious execution of the large brute, as was agreed by the local Nazi guy
>>
>>46971975
Once I begin taking the votes are locked in, there is always the "other" to be voting on, perhaps the chance to slaughter the brute will come in time
>>
>>46971975
Nah let's be civil

>I know, I know, I changed again but we should probably try to be as civil as possible and develope positive relationships
>>
>>46972027
>KILL ALL THE DRYSKINS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>46972059
That can come later friend

>right now we should focus on development (trading, building a more defensible base, etc.)
>>
Thr'ull croaked out a series of commands, there was much work to done after this successful raid and he had completely forgotten the minor wound he received during the turmoil. He instructed three hunters to escort the captives back to the pond, being sure to include instructions for keeping them properly bound and under guard. He and the remaining hunter would stay and investigate the camp, making sure to keep the strange shiny thing in his possession. As Thr'ull and the hunter raided the camp they discovered a few sacks of shiny coins, 4 simple swords, 2 small crossbows, a long bow, 10 arrows, 23 bolts, and a treasure chest full of small shiny parts. Thr'ull seemed pleased with the findings, although he was unsure of how to make use of anything but the swords, his satisfaction was interrupted as his hunter let out a shrill croak. Hopping over with haste Thr'ull found the hunter peering into the floor of the carriage. The hunter had found a hidden trap door, sacks of food were piled on top of a massive gilded treasure chest, easily twice the size of the small humanoids, their attempts to open the chest proved futile and the cold shiny exterior was immune even to spear points.

A) Bring back what you can carry
B) Investigate contraption
C) Attempt to open treasure chest
D) Other
Resources

Food: 350 units

Population: 7+Thr'ull+Cripple+8 pollywugs (Grow legs in 3 turns, sexually mature in 7)

Materials: 10 units of Troll bone, 2.5 units of Troll hide, 50 units of sticks, 30 units of stone, medium bundle of vines, 10 dead turtles, 100 units of metal parts, 45 units of shiny coins

Tools: 1 crude spear, 6 troll bone spears, 1 crude Dart Flinger, 10 bone darts, 4 swords, 2 small crossbows, 1 long bow, 10 arrows, 23 boots

>>
>>46972343
>A) Bring back what you can carry
>>
>>46972343
Aw yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee nigga

>lets get all the stuff back to camp, and then come back to hide the wagon in some foliage, so random passersby wouldn't notice it unless they actively search
>>
>>46972343
Go back with all you can carry then send others to get the chests and harvest any pack animals near the wagon
>>
>>46972447
Can we combine this and mine?
>>
Gonna be driving for a bit guys, will be back in a little but 30-45 mins sorry guys
>>
>>46972512
That's ok
>>
http://boards.4chan.org/qst/thread/7233/kobold-civ#bottom

You guys should come quest here while we wait
>>
>>
I'm out of bullywug pics so I'll bump with a kobold
>I think they are way cool
>>
>>46973139
Kobold and bullywug friendship when?
>>
File: Frog Bite.gif (497 KB, 188x141) Image search: [Google]
Frog Bite.gif
497 KB, 188x141
>>
>>46973552
I suddenly wonder how many anons here are secretly french, Bullywug was a strange race to choose for a civ thread
>>
>>46973619
I think we are all USA west coast fags
>>
>>46973619
Does having some French blood count?
I picked them because I wanted to play as them and no one else voted so CM rolled with it.
>>
>>46973667
How french are you, maybe you're like a were-french in that your baguette-and-fromage genes surface only at certain times
>>
>>46973711
Fucking lol
>>
After making no progress with the chest Thr'ull decided to carry back what they could to the camp and return with more bullywugs for the rest. He croaked his orders to the hunter and he began loading himself with their various spoils before trudging off to the pond. Thr'ull began to gather some folds as well before realizing the carriage was quite exposed, as were the treasures inside. He searched for some manner to conceal what he could not carry but found no foliage large enough to obscure the carriage, instead he settled for hiding the treasures under the roots of a nearby tree. The large horse, however was a greater problem and he decided the beast could fend for herself long enough for him to return. He gathered his items and set off to camp. As he arrived he saw their prisoners tied to a tree with vines, their hand and feet still bound, along with the crippled sentry watching them dart finger at the ready. Thr'ull set his treasures down near the pond and summoned the tribesmen with a loud croak, he informed them of the events, most of which they already knew from the returning hunters, and told them of the other treasures at the camp.

A) Interrogate prisoners
B) Bring everyone to scavenge the camp
C) Other

Sorry if my responses take longer than usual, I'm doing real life tasks
Resources

Materials: 10 units of Troll bone, 2.5 units of Troll hide, 50 units of sticks, 30 units of stone, medium bundle of vines, 10 dead turtles, 100 units of metal parts, 45 units of shiny coins

Tools: 1 crude spear, 6 troll bone spears, 1 crude Dart Flinger, 10 bone darts, 4 swords, 2 small crossbows, 1 long bow, 10 arrows, 23 boots

>>
>>46973739
C) other

>bring all but 3 to scav the camp arm the guard's with the bow (or crossbows if they can use them)
> have someone guarding prisoners, one watching babies and one on standby in the camp
>>
>>46973821
This but don't send Thr'ull, get him to start interrogating the prisoners while the camp is cleaned out
>>
>>46973844
We can't communicate with them

>how would we go about interrogations?
>>
>>46973901
Oh yeah...

>Mime shit out, and set about learning the common tongue from them slowly?
>>
>>46973936
Sure

>perhaps try drawing a map w/dirt and such
>>
File: LeSmugFrogMeme.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
LeSmugFrogMeme.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>46973963
Use the universal language of memes
>>
>>46973988
Top kek
>>
Do you guys (I'm guessing there is two of you not counting saurn) have any pics of sci-fi or high tech goblins, bullywugs, kobolds, etc. ?
>>
>>46974548
Not much. They're rare unless you count Warhammer.
>>
>>46974548
Nope, i don't really save pics i see round the web in that vein, usually just shitty memes or things i can show my mates
>>
>>46974626
Hmm I'm going for more of a 40k thing but can't find ANYTHING like that
>>
>>46973821
+1
>>
Sorry guys I'm back for the night, you'll have my undivided attention
>>
>>46975145
Okay!
>>
Thr'ull selected 2 of the hunters to stay and guard the pond, there were females and babies present, as well as at least one vicious prisoner, they could not be allowed to sit freely. He instructed the crippled sentry to remain at his post, an order that was met with an enthusiastic croak of agreement. He gathered the remaining able bodied tribesmen and set off towards the camp at a quick paced hop. The guards examined some of the treasures curiously but were only able to understand the workings of the swords, after one cut his hand of course. When Thr'ull arrived at the camp, he was pleased to see it as he had left it, visibly terrified horse and all. He showed the tribesmen where he had hidden the treasures and the two of them loaded up the remaining goods and began the journey back home. Thr'ull was pleased with his hall, but the horse and treasure chest plagued his mind. He wanted to make use of the great beast, although he was unsure of what it was like, having only seen them tear down the road pulling carriages great and small. And the treasure chest! What incredible treasures must have been sealed away! If the strange humanoids sought to protect the simpler goods, its contents must be worthy of Tode and Malu themselves!

A) Kill the Horse
B) Attempt diplomacy with the horse
C) Re-investigate the treasure chest
D) Destroy the camp

Boons: Ember of the Forge, Blessing of Fertility (+5 breeding while in water, +10 if it is pure), Blessing of Rejuvenation
>>
>>46975383
Is the chest movable?
>>
Btw I saw someone posted Untap.in , I just registered if anyone would like to play at some point. I love me some magic, or almost any tcg
>>
>>46975417
Its larger than a standard bullywug and Thr'ull does not know if it bolted to the carriage, or booby trapped, etc
>>
>>46975383
>B) Attempt diplomacy with the horse
We know animal Common, right?
>>
>>46975422
I'd play with you whenever I have time

>I only play modern and edh though
>>
>>46975442
Only frogs and toads I believe
>>
>>46975450
Im not terribly good at modern, but EDH is by far my favorite

also answers will be locked in 3 minutes
>>
B) I guess should we roll or something?
>>
Thr'ull decides to reason with the great beast and cautiously hops over to stand in front of it, as he nears however the horse begins to panic and rear in terror, whinnying loudly as it does so. Thr'ull raises his hands in attempt to soothe beast and croaks out a friendly greeting.

A roll of 60 or greater is required to successfully calm the horse
A roll of 45<59 will calm the horse slightly
A roll below 45 will end catastrophically
use 1 100 sided die

Population: 7+Thr'ull+Cripple+8 pollywugs (Grow legs in 2 turns, sexually mature in 6)

>>
>>46975583
"calm down you big stupid beast"
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>46975583
>>
Rolled 72 (1d100)

>>46975583
Calm your hooves.
>>
>>46975615
Shit
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>46975611
whoops
>>
>>46975615
I wouldnt recommend using a 20 sided dice haha

>>46975619
I will accept this roll
>>
>>46975637
Right
>>
Thr'ull instructed the beast to calm its imposing feet with a stern but loud croak. Much to his pleasure the horse responded and ceased its rearing immediately, soon Thr'ull was staring into one of the horse's great eyes.

A) Attempt to communicate with the horse
B) Offer the horse food
C) Give the horse an order
D) Other

Population: 7+Thr'ull+Cripple+8 pollywugs (Grow legs in 2 turns, sexually mature in 6)

>>
>>46975668
A+B
>>
>>46975668
B) Offer the horse food
A treat might help ease the commands.
>>
>>46975668
Says "boots" rather than bolts
>>
Thr'ull searched for something to feed the creature, perhaps that would make it more likely to obey his commands? He did not know what the beast ate, however he had seen it sniffing some grass when he spied on the camp earlier. Taking some time to find a particularly lush group of swamp reeds Thr'ull presented them to his quadrupedal ally. Lowering its great snout to sniff the offering, which was deemed acceptable, the beast nearly took Thr'ulls fingers as it ate the reeds. Thr'ull cleared his throat and croaked his commands, he wished to know what was in the mysterious box and what many of the treasures he had taken were. The horse looked at him impassively as it ate, occasionally flicking a great black ear.

B) Offer the horse food
C) Give the horse an order
D) Other

Population: 7+Thr'ull+Cripple+8 pollywugs (Grow legs in 1 turns, sexually mature in 5)

Tools: 1 crude spear, 6 troll bone spears, 1 crude Dart Flinger, 10 bone darts, 4 swords, 2 small crossbows, 1 long bow, 10 arrows, 23 bolts

>>
>>46975793
Let's see if we can get it to pull the wagon closer to our camp, also do a gender check
>>
>>46975852
Supporting. Is it a stud or mare?
>>
>>46975852
>>46975861
Answers locked in 3 minutes
>>
Thr'ull was annoyed at the beasts seeming incapacity for speech but resolved to remain calm. Perhaps the beast was a female and needed to be won over? Thr'ull hunched down to check and was surprised to see that the beast was indeed a male, and a particularly virile one at that. He thought if he could control an army of such creatures...he may well bring glory to Tode and Malu yet. Again he attempted to communicate with the beast, instructing it to pull the wagon. And again he was met with an impassive face, and an ear flick. Irritated Thr'ull grabbed the reigns hanging from its neck and tugged, trying to move the creature. After a few seconds of tugging he felt the reigns gain slack, and the great beast took a step forward!

A) Lead the best to camp by its reigns
B) Destroy the camp
C) Give the horse some food
D) Other

Population: 7+Thr'ull+Cripple+8 pollywugs (Grow legs in 1 turns, sexually mature in 5)

Tools: 1 crude spear, 6 troll bone spears, 1 crude Dart Flinger, 10 bone darts, 4 swords, 2 small crossbows, 1 long bow, 10 arrows, 23 bolts

>>
>>46975995
Bring it close to the camp but not so close that the beast and tribesmen aren't intimidated by each other, send a few boys to destroy the camp and cover any/all tracks
>>
>>46975995
>C) Give the horse some food to lead it to camp
If it was castrated then the reigns but it will be stubborn.
>>
>>46976060
Let's encourage it the more it does what we want

>by feeding it
>>
>>46976049
>>46976060
>>46976088
So thats 2 votes for C and 1 for A correct?
>>
>>46976166
Can we just combine all answers?
>>
>>46976202
Sure just specify an order of operations
>>
>>46976209
>bring horse to camp while feeding it and such
>send dudes to clean up
>examine chest more thoroughly
>>
Thr'ull understood that the beast responded well to physical coercion and so tugged on the reigns again, pulling the creature, and thus the carriage back towards the pond. It wasn't long before Thr'ull realized that the creature fared poorly over the muddy ground, the wagon even less so.

A) Continue through the swamp
B) Use the road

Resources

>>
>>46976284
>B) Use the road
Might be dangerous but we might lose both the horse and wagon to the swamp
>>
>>46976328
Sure, if things go wrong he could croak for help from the camp

>did we ever get the missing food?
>>
>>46976284
We can't exactly use the road to get to our camp though, we'll have to find the safest route through the swamp and just try it
>>
>>46976362
We can probably get close enough to croak for the others to come.
>>
Answers locked in 2 minutes>>46976328
>>46976359
>>46976362
>>46976392
>>
Thr'ull decided the swamp was too dangerous for the beast and he risked losing both it and the wagon to the muck and murk. Looking towards the road he felt it was his only option in getting the treasures safely to the pond, even if he would have to traverse some of the swamp to do so. He tugged the horse in the new direction and shortly they were on the road. This was a first for Thr'ull, he had always been told to avoid the road and was unaccustomed to the strange openness and nakedness he felt here. He recalled the direction of his pond and followed the winding road to the north. The road was trod down and easy to traverse for a being so used to the damp muck of the swamp and he covered distance easily without even needing to hop. After a short while he reached the familiar bend where he knew his pond lay not far from, he fed the horse another handful of swamp reeds and set off the road. As the carriages immense wheels creaked off the road into the muck Thr'ull heard a strange sound from behind him, as he turned something rustled in the bushes and he could hear a strange chittering.

A) Investigate noise
B) Call for backup
C) Ignore it
D) Other

Resources

Population: 7+Thr'ull+Cripple+8 Juvenile bullywugs (Juveniles are sexually mature in 8 turns)

>>
>>46976560
B) Keep an eye on the bushes, and try to alert some backup to help you in a not obvious way
>>
>>46976560
B then A
>>
>>46976560
A) Investigate noise
B) Call for backup
>>
Do you guys use Twitter?

>if so we should do this more often and tweet when new threads go up
>>
>>46976635
Anyone down for this?
>>
>>46976635
I have a twitter but you wouldn't want to follow.
It's graphic.
>>
Thr'ull was concerned about the noise, but knew better than to investigate anything in the swamp alone, and most certainly not unarmed. He let out a few loud croaks, attempting to alert his tribe in a not so obvious way. He was pleased to hear an echoing croak coming back confirming his calls for aid had been heard, soon he saw two hunters hopping towards him wielding some of the plundered swords. They were hesitant as they neared the horse and the beast was not happy to see them either, giving a low whinny to voice its displeasure. Thr'ull calmed the creature by patting its head and ears and the horse settled down to its normal bored temperament once more. He informed the hunters of the noise, which had grown louder over time, the chittering becoming almost mechanical in sound, not exactly unlike the strange contraption they had captured earlier. The two hunters hefted their swords, although not nearly as deftly as the large humanoid had, and hopped into the bushes. A series of frantic croaks followed and the two hunters leapt out of the bushes and ran to the north, they were being chased by another shiny contraption. The contraption was smaller than the flying one, but had a pulsing blue core that Thr'ull found hard to look at, it was rapidly approaching the heels of the hunters.

A roll of 75 or more results in a successful evasion from both hunters
A roll of 50<74 results in a partial evasion from both hunters
A roll of 49> results in no evasion from both hunters
Use 1 100 sided die
>>
>>46976635
I could make a twitter, i had one a few years ago but never felt a need for it
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>46976769
>oh no
>>
>>46976787
It's pretty easy

>I recommend the app
>>
Rolled 63 (1d100)

>>46976769
Well, fudge.
>>
>>46976803
Not bad

>can thr'ull go try to get more help (but keep guards at home)
>>
The hunters make great leaps in the nick of time as the tiny contraption explodes behind them, engulfing the area in an intense blue light. The hunters are thrown forward by the blast and one narrowly misses landing upon his sword. Thr'ull lets out a worried croak and recieves two weary croaks back in return, one of the hunters rises slowly but the other is not so lucky, the explosion and subsequent fall seems to have broken his ankle. A large smoking hole spanning the entire width of the road is all that remains of the strange contraption. Thr'ull can hear the distressed croaks of the rest of his tribe drawing near.

A) Lead the horse to the pond
B) Leave the two hunters
C) Other

Resources

Population: 7+Thr'ull+Cripple+8 Juvenile bullywugs (Juveniles are sexually mature in 7 turns)

>>
>>46976914
C) Put the injured hunter on the horse and lead them to the pond
>>
>>46976914
Bring horse back to pool

>also instruct the hunter to assist his comrade in getting to the pool
>>
>>46976952
This seems too early

>I'm not sure if they are ready for each other
>I suggest we put them in the carriage
>>
answers locked in 2
>>
>>46976952
I switch to this
>>46976960
>>46976981
>>
>>46977018
Carriage
>>
>>46977018
If you make a Twitter can you let us know
>include name
>>
>>46977046
Having your untap username would be nice as well
>>
Thr'ull commanded the other tribesmen load the wounded hunters into the carriage and help him maneuver the beast over the murky ground. Realizing the horse was as ill equioped to stand in the muck as he was to walk on it Thr'ull told one of the tribesmen to make a long bed of sticks and vines layered with troll hide for the beast to stand on. The tribe member looked confused but hopped off to follow the orders of his chieftain. Thr'ull helped the others load the injured hunter into the carriage and his companion hopped in beside him. After they were properly secured the group began the arduous trek back to camp. As they drew near the pond the bed that Thr'ull had instructed be made came into sight, the tribesmen was smarter than he seemed as he was bright enough to place the bed a short distance from the pond and had made it quite large. As Thr'ull led the horse towards its new resting place one of the carriages great wheels sank into a particularly wet patch of mud. The horse brayed and struggled against the weight of the sinking carriage.

A roll of 35 or greater is required to escape unscathed
A roll of 34<20 results in the carriage sinking but the horse being freed
A roll of 20< results catastrophically
use 1 100 sided die

also my twitter is here: https://twitter.com/QMSaurn

Untap username is : Saurn118
>>
Rolled 48 (1d100)

>>46977206
HNNNNNG
>>
>>46977206

>SWEET
>>
Rolled 96 (1d100)

>>46977231
Oh, Malu.
>>
Thanks to Thr'ulls quick thinking and the immense strength of the stallion, the bullywugs were able to free the wheel and escort the horse safely onto its makeshift home. Thr'ull instructed one of the juveniles to accompany a tribesman and gather swamp reeds for the horse to eat.

A) Take a rest
B) Investigate the treasure chest
C) Setup a forge
D) Other

Resources

Population: 7+Thr'ull+Cripple+8 Juvenile bullywugs+1 Stallion (Juveniles are sexually mature in 7 turns)

Materials: 10 units of Troll bone, 1 units of Troll hide, 30 units of sticks, 30 units of stone, small bundle of vines, 10 dead turtles, 100 units of metal parts, 45 units of shiny coins

>>
>>46977322
>C) Setup a forge
Time for a proper alter for Tode.
>>
>>46977322
Let's go C and also send out patrols to make sure no more robot-things are around and place a sentry on the road to alert us if anyone discovers the wagon tracks leading to our camp
>>
>>46977322
B) bring the chest in front of the humanoids and mime it opening. if they are unwilling to help, threaten them with the killing of the big one
>>
answers locked in 2 minutes
>>
Thr'ull told the tribe it was now time to honor their god Tode after their first victory, and for that they would need a forge. The tribe was bewildered by Thr'ull's new word but he instructed them to go and gather as much stone as possible as he set to work erecting the base. The tribesmen who stayed behind watched in awe as Thr'ull explained the idea of the forge and they quickly began to emulate him. As the others gradually brought back more and more stone, Thr'ull was able to add new layers to his creation, before long they had erected a crude replica of the forge he had seen Tode using. Thr'ull called for some sticks and two large bundles were brought before him. He took them and cast them into the mouth of the forge, Thr'ull reached into the sack on his staff and took out the glowing ember. As he held it high above his head his tribe all bowed theirs, when he touched the ember to the sticks a fire erupted and the forge roared to life, the crude exterior shimmered and became smooth, the globs of saliva used to martar the structure together melted and was replaced with seamless walls of stone. Even Thr'ull was taken aback by the power of the ember.

A) Forge Weapon
B) Forge Armor
C) Forge War Trophy
D) Other

Resources

Population: 7+Thr'ull+Cripple+8 Juvenile bullywugs (Juveniles are sexually mature in 6 turns)

Materials: 10 units of Troll bone, 2.5 units of Troll hide, 20 units of sticks, 5 units of stone, small bundle of vines, 10 dead turtles, 100 units of metal parts, 45 units of shiny coins

Tools: 1 crude spear, 6 troll bone spears, 1 crude Dart Flinger, 10 bone darts, 4 swords, 2 small crossbows, 1 long bow, 10 arrows, 23 bolts, 1 Master-crafted forge

>>
>>46977543
>C) Forge War Trophy
For a daily remember we became stronger.
>>
>>46977543
A) lets get some nice spearheads and attach them to poles

>I would also really like the patrols and sentry
>>
>>46977583
>>46977588
answers locked in 3 minutes
>>
>>46977543
>A
>>
>>46977543
Can we have juvenile bullywugs do stuff?
>if so, what?
>>
>>46977624
They can perform basic tasks but must be accompanied by an adult so they learn, it should only take 1 outing to learn basic functions like "gather sticks" but longer to learn more complex tasks "Hunt"

also what did you mean by "I would also really like the patrols and sentry"?
>>
>>46977645
I would like patrols consisting of one adult and one juvenile each, their purpose is to watch for more robot-things, as for the sentry, I want a guard somewhere near the road in case someone/thing follows the wagon tracks
>>
>>46977666
>666
>>
Thr'ull took a vote and the tribesmen decided it would be bestt to honor Tode by crafting better weapons for themselves, that they may bring more glory unto him. Thr'ull found it hard to argue with such logic, and was even surprised they were able to come up with such an idea. He examined one of the troll bone spears and wondered how to improve on its design. One of the hunters stepped forward and brought one of the small metal pieces from the treasure store and smacked it against a stone roughly a few times. On the last hit the stone chipped but the small piece was fine, he croaked to Thr'ull that this shiny piece was stronger than even stone and would make a much better spear. Thr'ull examined the metal piece and saw that it was indeed unharmed, fascinated he instructed the hunter to try the same test with the shiny coins. The hunter did as he was instructed and to both of their surprises the shiny coin did not break the stone, instead the coin bent! Bewildered Thr'ull resolved to learn the difference between the shiny coins and the small pieces, he also made a note of the hunter's intelligence, concluding that he may be of more use than a mere soldier. Thr'ull instructed the idle bullywugs to teach the juveniles how to gather various materials, he also sent 1 juvenile with a hunter to patrol for more shiny contraptions. Thr'ull turned back to the forge and realized he had no way to heat the shiny pieces as Tode had nor did he posses a hammer with which to shape his creations.

A) Make some tools
B) Check on the hunters in the back of the carriage
C) Tutor the intelligent hunter
D) Other
>>
post too long here are the resources

Resources
Time: Dusk

Population: 7+Thr'ull+Cripple+8 Juvenile bullywugs (Juveniles are sexually mature in 6 turns)

Boons: Ember of the Forge, Blessing of Fertility (+5 breeding while in water, +10 if it is pure), Blessing of Rejuvenation (+1 regeneration in water, +5 healing in water)
>>
>>46977777
>A) Make some tools
Nice quints
>>
>>46977810
Thank you also
>those resource values
they are incorrect i will fix them in the next post
>>
>>46977777
Make some tools and order a pair of juveniles to assist the wounded hunters
>>
>>46977828
>into the pool
>>
Thr'ull instructed two of the nearby juveniles, who were gathering sticks, to escort the wounded hunters to the pond and to tend to them as they needed. Turning back to the forge, Thr'ull reasoned that he would get nowhere without the tools that even Tode needed to create masterworks, he tried to remember what he saw Tode using, a pair of long fingers that did not burn in the flame and a massive hammer that he shaped his crafts with. Thr'ull was unsure of how to make the fingers but he thought a particularly heavy stone would make a suitable hammer and so he sent the hunter out to find the biggest stone he could hold with one hand. Thr'ull sat for a moment perplexed as to how to construct his long fingers that did not burn.

A) Use sticks covered in mud
B) Forget about this tool
C) Ask the prisoners
D) Other

Resources

Population: 7+Thr'ull+Cripple+8 Juvenile bullywugs (Juveniles are sexually mature in 5 turns)+1 Stallion+ 2 Gnome prisoners+1 Wounded Human prisoner

Materials: 10 units of Troll bone, 1 units of Troll hide, 20 units of sticks, 4 units of stone, small bundle of vines, 10 dead turtles, 100 units of metal parts, 44 units of shiny coins

Tools: 1 crude spear, 6 troll bone spears, 1 crude Dart Flinger, 10 bone darts, 4 swords, 2 small crossbows, 1 long bow, 10 arrows, 23 bolts, 1 Master-crafted forge

Boons: Ember of the Forge, Blessing of Fertility (+5 breeding while in water, +10 if it is pure), Blessing of Rejuvenation (+1 regeneration in water, +5 healing in water)
>>
>>46977958
>C
its about time we made some progress with those prisoners
>>
>>46978000
Ok

>maybe get the intelligent hunter to help
>I feel like if anyone could learn common it would be him
>>
>>46977958
>C) Ask the prisoners
>>46978000
Though, I think they might not be in the talkative mood with us.
>>
Thr'ull decided that his prisoners might know something about crafting armaments, the shiny contraptions seemed to belong to them and they were far more complex than anything the bullywugs could hope to understand. He croaked at the intelligent hunter to follow and they hopped over to the prisoners, Thr'ull carried his ancient staff and the hunter held a particularly large stone. The small prisoners were tied together at the base of a tree a few feet away from the larger prisoner, who lay bound on his stomach. Thr'ull observed his prisoners and noted that the small ones seemed healthy, if angry, but the large one was covered in blood and looked close to death. He croaked a greeting to the crippled sentry who informed him that the prisoners had been well behaved although the big one hadn't moved in a while. Thr'ull noted that the sentry's leg had regrown down to the knee and the skin looked much wetter and smoother than the rest of his. Turning to the prisoners Thr'ull craoked his questions, in a far sterner tone than he had engaged them previously. His communication attempts were met with glares and a muffled squeal. Irritated Thr'ull tore off the saliva binding the small ones mouths and croaked his questions again. Once more he received the same response. As anger washed over him the intelligent hunter stepped forward and made an elaborate show with his body. He brought forth one of the shiny metal pieces and placed it before the prisoners then he pointed to the the darts the sentry carried, he repeated this display several times.

A)Allow him to continue
B) Tell him to stop
C) Threaten the prisoners
D) Other
>>
Resources

Population: 7+Thr'ull+Cripple+8 Juvenile bullywugs (Juveniles are sexually mature in 5 turns)+1 Stallion+ 2 Gnome prisoners+1 Wounded Human prisoner

Materials: 10 units of Troll bone, 1 units of Troll hide, 20 units of sticks, 4 units of stone, small bundle of vines, 10 dead turtles, 100 units of metal parts, 44 units of shiny coins

>>
>>46978128
>A)Allow him to continue
>>
>>46978128
A )

>we should probably heal the large humanoid as well
>>
>>46978167
The bulywugs do not posses any healing magic currently, Thr'ull could ask the elder female to give him what medicines she can, but there is guarantee they are not poison to him.
>>
>>46978195
Give him the least powerful ones. At worst, it will make him sick and at best, ease his pain.
I hope so.
>>
>>46978195
I'd like the other anons stance on this
>>
>>46978216
This sounds good

>this Is a good opportunity for a youngling to begin training to be a medicine woman/witch doctor, idk something along those lines
>>
Thr'ull was fascinated by the hunters display and was surprised he was able to think of such an ingenious method of communicating. The small prisoners looked at him bewildered for a moment before asking "You want to make darts from our metal?" Neither of the bullywugs understood but the tone had changed and they took it as a good sign. The intelligent hunter became more animated as he brought a spear and sword pointing from to the other excitedly. The small prisoners seemed to understand what the bullywugs were trying to say and nodded their heads in agreement, hoping they would be released from their bonds. Thr'ull was happy the hunter was able to make progress where he had not and thought that the prisoners would be more apt to help them if he showed them good faith as well.

A) Untie the small ones
B) Attempt to heal the large prisoner

Resources

Population: 7+Thr'ull+Cripple+8 Juvenile bullywugs (Juveniles are sexually mature in 4 turns)+1 Stallion+ 2 Gnome prisoners+1 Wounded Human prisoner

>>
>>46978242
I'd like to do this
>>
>>46978285
A+B
Get your strongest men to ensure the human doesn't cause trouble or the Gnomes running away.
>>
>>46978304
sorry for making multiple choice scenarios for things youve already voted on, im trying to keep the character limit lower so i dont have to post things separately. Also This next Post will be my last for the night, its late here
>>
>>46978329
Ok
>is it 1 where you are?
>>
>>46978336
12:58 to be exact
>>
>>46978341
Same
>>
Thr'ull croaked to the hunter to free the gnomes, as he did so Thr'ull let out a loud croak to summon two hunters who had just returned from foraging as well as the elder female. He instructed the hunters to guard the small prisoners and ensure that they didn't run, but he warned them to be friendly they were to be treated as guests for now. To the elder he asked if she had any medicines that might heal the large prisoner. As he asked this the elder's eyes grew darker and she let out a low croak explaining that she did not know any medicines for those of his kind but she could at least try to ease his pain. Thr'ull understood and was content with her answer, he instructed her to take a juvenile female under her tutelage and report back to him with any news. The elder gave an affirmative ribbit before asking a juvenile to help her carry the large humanoid to the pound. The small prisoners seemed please that their bonds had been cut and were kneeling in front of the assorted weapons the hunter had laid out, pointing in the same manner he was. Suddenly the silence was broken by the same chittering sound Thr'ull had heard earlier on the road. Before he could sound the alarm another shiny contraption with a pulsing blue core skittered out from behind the foliage and stopped a few feet away, the chittering growing louder. The small prisoners leapt up and ran towards the contraption as fast as their legs could carry them.

A) Subdue the prisoners
B) Retreat
C) See what they do
D) Other

This was my last post of the night guys, Ill try to have another thread up and running tomorrow morning at around 10-11 am my time, but it might be earlier. Ill also post it on the twitter account if anybody cares. Have a good night and thanks for being part of my story!
>>
>>46978412
Good night saurn

>if you could link on Twitter that would be sweet
>>
>>46978412
Goodnight, Thank you for running
>>
https://twitter.com/?lang=en

Username is QMSaurn
Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.