[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70
Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Loli Vulnudaemon Daughter Edition
The child is yours. What have you done?

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/YhdxTQS6

Previous thread: >>46935474
>>
Vulnudaemons are killers, not possessors. If I find out one is masquerading as my child, my child has been dead for some time.

>What have I done?
I haven't killed it yet, evidently. They tend to go into hiding, so I'd rectify that posthaste.
>>
>>46948277
Kek. What the fuck is dat loli?
>>
Does an Evangelist's "Gift of Tongues" give you access to secret languages?
>>
>>46948396
Technically if your child is a vulnudaemon, it means they were murdered by someone close to them and came back. So you've got multiple problems, unless it was you that killed them in the first place, in which case you might just get along fine.
>>
File: Heikegani.jpg (194 KB, 764x509) Image search: [Google]
Heikegani.jpg
194 KB, 764x509
I adapted a monster I found on the Paizo messageboards to be more threatening. Its my first time messing with monsters, so let me know what you think.

http://pastebin.com/DuYiKfgJ

The original creature was small and, due to its special ability, was capable of hitting much harder than normal when attacked.
>>
>>46948477
Well that depends if my child became a vulnudaemon, or a vulnudaemon became my child.

In either case, I can't imagine getting along well. None of my characters have ever been on good political footing with Abbadon.
>>
>you will never be a Copper dragon
>you will never make terrible puns to a Gold's face and see them actually smile
>you will never taunt a Blue until it kills you with lightning, only to exclaim that it was totally worth it when you get resurrected
>>
>>46948468
Why would it?
Isn't the only secret language druidic?
Everything else can be gained through a linguistics rank.
>>
What are some ways of circumventing an PC with unlimited attack of opportunity (Mythic Combat reflexes) and Stand Still?
Concealment and Teleportation have been my only trick so far.
>>
>>46948579
hopefully you have something set up for resurrections

Because they'd probably take your shiny corpse as a decoration.

I've always wanted to play a dragon masquerading as an adventurer to break up the monotony, and to acquire treasureeee.
>>
File: dragonslayer-greatbow-on-hand.jpg (23 KB, 300x471) Image search: [Google]
dragonslayer-greatbow-on-hand.jpg
23 KB, 300x471
One of my players wants to use a bow like pic related to shoot spears at people. Is this a thing in pathfinder that's doable because I know that using a melee weapon from a size catagory larger is just a penalty but I just can't see bows doing the same thing because of draw length and height.
>>
>>46948654
>Better CMD
>Withdraw
>Five foot step and produce obstacle (wall of stone)
>Any part of the 18 bajillion ways you can make some movement not provoke
>>
>>46948654
Spring Attack.
>>
>>46948654
I always thought it would be amusing to see two people with Mythic Combat Reflexes and without Improved Unarmed Strike fight unarmed.

As far as I can tell, each AOO would provoke, and would resolve itself in a single round when they beat each other till someone can't fight (or they choose to stop)
>>
File: MUDA_ORA_MUDA_ORA_MUDA_ORA.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
MUDA_ORA_MUDA_ORA_MUDA_ORA.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>46948742
>a million punches and counter-punches thrown in the span of six seconds
>>
File: potato.jpg (136 KB, 1444x960) Image search: [Google]
potato.jpg
136 KB, 1444x960
Do you like potatoes?
>>
why didn't you make a wizard /pfg/?

what's the point of even playing
>>
What's that stance that lets you do a second counter every round? Was it Riven Hourglass?
>>
>>46948606
Playing an OC campaign where there's an ancient language. Too dead to pick up by linguistics, but there are some who know it. Therefore, DM has decreed it as a Secret language. So I'm trying to check if the ability specifically allows Secret Languages.
>>
>>46948875
Because I just can't, not after all the really fun shit they've lost since 3.5. No Elven Generalist, no Domain Wizard (which was technically compatible with Elven Generalist), no Abrupt Jaunt, no Uncanny Forethought, not even the really cool but kinda bad options that I loved like sudden metamagics, reserve feats, eidetic spellcaster, collegiate wizard, etc. It's all just gone. We don't even have Knowledge Devotion funsies in the paizo wasteland.
>>
>>46948277
Smite and cleave, that thing is no child of mine.
>>
File: bokrug_by_borjapindado-d7p5t70.jpg (125 KB, 766x993) Image search: [Google]
bokrug_by_borjapindado-d7p5t70.jpg
125 KB, 766x993
>>46948875
Because I'm playing an oracle of Bokrug with Dreamed Secrets and Scribe Scroll to steal all the wizard's spells.

Checkmate atheists.
>>
>>46948654
A Magus combining Bladed Dash, Greater Bladed Dash, or Dimension Door with Spell Combat. Well, technically anyone using one of those, but it works best for a Magus using Spell Combat.
>>
>>46948606
Androffan somewhat acts as a secret language since you can only learn it through a trait or by being directly exposed to it, then taking a point in Linguistics.
>>
I'm preparing to build a muscle wizard.
Starting at level 9.

Help me build this.
Starting stats are 18/12/14/18/14/10
>>
>>46948742
That isn't how that works, it only provokes if the enemy is considered armed. If neither has Improved Unarmed Strike, then neither would provoke.
>>
>>46948742
Unfortunately, unarmed strikes only provoke when you strike someone who is armed
>>
File: Bird dance.gif (932 KB, 258x258) Image search: [Google]
Bird dance.gif
932 KB, 258x258
>>46948875
Because I made an Arcanist
>>
>>46948742
>>46949292 is right, you can't make AoOs with unarmed strikes without IUS. Maybe two guys with bows and those abilities that let you make AoOs with a bow.
>>
>>46948715
>Cage Enemy (Ex)
>When this ability is active, any creature moving out of one of your threatened squares, even when making a 5-foot step or using a form of movement that doesn't usually provoke attacks of opportunity, provokes an attack of opportunity from you.
Yeah, forgot to mention this. And his bonus to attack is ridiculously high. Combine that with Cut from the Air, the only viable means of significant damage I can find is >>46948993 and ranged spell damage. He also has Teleport Tactian, which make bladed dash a bit nasty. And with Spell Cut on the horizon it isn't looking good...
>>
>>46949377
Addendum
Bladed Dash is not a teleportation effect. TT doesn't work on it.
>>
is it a bad idea to use planar binding to summon a efreeti for wishes?
>>
>>46949377
Snake Style. Immediate action to make a Sense Motive check vs his AoO. You don't need more than one because you can only provoke an AoO from a specific action once, so if you avoid the first movement AoO he can't hit you again.
>>
>>46949463
It breaks the system, but besides that no. Might as well blood money into a whale instead, it's safer.
>>
File: 1446972884896.jpg (72 KB, 717x897) Image search: [Google]
1446972884896.jpg
72 KB, 717x897
>>46949470
>you can only provoke an AoO from a specific action once,
Gonna need source on that, not to doubt you. My player is a lawyer and will need the source. Combat rules on d20pfsrd aren't showing anything.
>>
>>46949609
Found it
> Moving out of more than one square threatened by the same opponent in the same round doesn't count as more than one opportunity for that opponent. All these attacks are at your full normal attack bonus.
>>
>>46949463
Yes. Efreeti are evil.
>>
>>46949470
Well a specific trigger, isn't it? It was possible for an attack roll being attempted to provoke an AoO, and then an attack roll being successful to provoke another. In 3.5. Rule probably hasn't changed.
>>
>>46949609
>If you have the Combat Reflexes feat, you can add your Dexterity modifier to the number of attacks of opportunity you can make in a round. This feat does not let you make more than one attack for a given opportunity, but if the same opponent provokes two attacks of opportunity from you, you could make two separate attacks of opportunity (since each one represents a different opportunity). Moving out of more than one square threatened by the same opponent in the same round doesn't count as more than one opportunity for that opponent. All these attacks are at your full normal attack bonus.

>This feat does not let you make more than one attack for a given opportunity

>Moving out of more than one square threatened by the same opponent in the same round doesn't count as more than one opportunity for that opponent.

Core rulebook, page 180
>>
>>46949645
Wrong post?
>>
>>46949463
Threadly reminder that Paizo made it a trait and a DC 25 Sense Motive check to have all your efreeti-granted wishes be un-twistable.
>http://www.archivesofnethys.com/TraitDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Thoughtful%20Wish-Maker
>You are well acquainted with the many ways words can be twisted. You gain a +2 trait bonus on Sense Motive checks. Furthermore, if you succeed at a DC 25 Sense Motive check prior to making any wish granted by an outsider, you become aware of your wish’s potential pitfalls. If you succeed at this check by 5 or more, you figure out how to word your wish in such a way that your words are not twisted.
>>
Are there templates to add PoW initiating to monsters and pregenerated NPCs? Or ways as a GM to add just counters and things easily to prevent getting one shot by an alpha strike of maneuvers?
>>
So I have been doing a lot of playing with PoW:E. So far I have done the following spanning a time from the play tests to current:

>lvl 18 void prophet zealot
>lvl 13-15 base zealot
>lvl 15 ravenlord
>lvl 5-10 ravenlord/witch gestalt
>lvl 5-10 base harbinger
>lvl 10-12 base mystic
>lvl 1-5 base harbinger
>lvl 3-8 gunsmoke mystic

I just have to say that on a whole I am not impressed with PoW:E. Particularly the design space it is attempting to occupy in relation with other DSP content. It does not address many of the issues that were inherent to PoW to begin with while exacerbating others.

I am unsure why PoW:E seems to well received on /pfg/. After doing test playing on both the player and GM side I have decided to continue allowing PoW but disallow PoW:E for now.

Honestly putting out more content while the issues of Primal Fury, Broken Blade, Steel Serpent, and Black Seraph still exist to me feels like a poor decision and a poor showing from the DSP folks.
>>
>>46949804
What issues are you running into?
Why did you choose these levels?
Are the issues with maneuvers themselves or the classes?
>>
>>46949800
Initiators as NPCs is a dangerous prospect. They are far more deadly in combat than your average NPC with class levels with far more answers to what PCs attempt to throw at them.

PoW is not designed to fight PCs, it's designed to fight monsters.

Basically PoW creates a new form of rocket tag during play. If you use a competent PoW character against a party at least one of them is going to die.
>>
>>46948657
>I've always wanted to play a dragon masquerading as an adventurer to break up the monotony, and to acquire treasureeee.

Silver dragons canonically do this by assuming the forms of adorable young silver-haired squires, courtiers or apprentices.
>>
>>46949804
You've cleverly avoided stating what those actual problems are.

>>46949871
Giving a counter or two to enemies, especially lieutenants and such, helps make them more hardy. The template could be as simple as "the creature now has access to any two counters from the following list of disciplines, based on their type" (animals get primal fury and chimera soul, outsiders get silver crane and black seraph, etc.)

That's a SUPER rough idea off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure that guy isn't asking for enemies to have full initiating.
>>
>>46949736
Thanks man, I appreciate it.
>>
>>46949804
Eh, Black Seraph has at most 4-5 outlier maneuvers that need to be fixed, but works fine otherwise.
>>
Please post Osirion girls, I need some references for my players.
>>
>>46949869
>What issues are you running into?
Several, some of the ones I most find damaging is the increased use of skill checks in combat for various purposes. It ignores the ability for skills to be optimized to a far greater degree than in combat numbers, attack rolls, caster/manifestor/initiator levels, AC, CMD, and more.

Another is because of the limited design space of maneuvers on a whole there is not a low of stepping on one another's toes for abilities. This causes near carbon copies of the same abilities over different disciplines. Because of the fact an initiator can only ready a single copy of the same maneuver this was meant to limit them and validate their recovery mechanic. Now with carbon copies existing it is relatively trivial to simply ready two or more nearly identical effects and thus not require your recovery mechanic for anything but protracted encounters.

As well I am not particularly enjoying the zealot's or mystic's class feature philosophies. Many of them are easily abusable, and while there is supposed to be an inherent social contract to not abuse such things we all know people will do it anyway.

>What issues are you running into?
They were for different games. The levels were chosen depending on who was GMing and what they were running. Those are the characters I remember and do not include PoW NPCs I created that did not appear for more than one session. I could recount what game each fell into but I do not think that is important.

>Are the issues with maneuvers themselves or the classes?
A bit of both.
>>
>>46950015
>You've cleverly avoided stating what those actual problems are.
I give more specifics here >>46950015

I can give more as well, particularly about the mystic for examining of individual class features.

As for the growing pains in limited design space shattered mirror is one of the worse offenders.

>>46949993
I agree. It is the least of evils out of the list I gave.
>>
>>46949871

Stop giving them damage boosts, dumbass.
>>
>>46950113
This is another problem I have with PoW as a whole. When you create PoW NPCs that are built similarly to PCs (heroic NPCs, we all have them in adventures). The efficient deadliness of PoW characters is shown off.

PoW in my mind has always been about efficiency for in combat utility. They are extremely good at it, and in fact better than casters outside of edge cases with system abuse or long preparation (simulacrum armies, armies of the damned, "I'm gonna laugh at you from my demi plane" sort of stuff).

This is to a greater extent than base martial, obviously, but for single target deadliness as a cost it also beats most casters. This is because largely PoW requires a much lower ceiling for optimization. A PoW character is good from the get go because all choices are designed to be relatively equal (there are exceptions, but we won't talk about those).

I can see however that this low optimization ceiling is a design choice on DSP's part.
>>
>>46949976
Exactly
When I used ToB back in 3.5 I gave a frost giant 3 levels of warblade as a boss for a level 10 party. An optimized elan kineticist psion challenged him to single combat with the aid of her fighter cohort. At the end of the duel she had 2 HP and 3 pp left after facing a CR 12 or so threat.

So only a handful of maneuvers and a stance or two seem like they'd be worth +1 to CR

Full initiating from a template would be way too excessive.

That's a pretty neat idea basing discipline on creature type.
>>
>>46950063
>Skill replacements maneuvers are bad
Yeah, I'll agree
>Limited design space of maneuvers
Maneuvers do a ton of things, picking samey ones are on you.
>Not enjoying Zealot/Mystic
Please specify
>Issues running into
Please specify
>issues with maneuvers or classes
PLEASE
SPECIFY
>>
>>46948659
That's just a longbow.
>>
>>46950393

No, it's a greatbow.

It's a 2d6 instead of 1d8.
>>
What's the best feat/maneuver for a fear based zwei sentinel?
>>
>>46950327
>Maneuvers do a ton of things, picking samey ones are on you.
For this I say that there exists a social contract that one will not abuse the system. However a system that is abusable is not excused because of this contract. The same reason I condemn pathfinder's system for casters as being poorly constructed. In it lies an abusable system.

>Please specify
The zealot's recovery mechanic being moved to a move action means that he may create a three action per round benefit. His buffing, depending on his mission and conviction choices puts him easily ahead of a bard in terms of in combat buffing. This is before boosts/strikes that also buff, which a zealot is built to do.

Using martial traditions he can easily gain a ranged maneuver set, and thus effectively eliminate the one weakness he had, being forced to stand in one place to keep zeal up. Even then that is not entirely required because enduring zeal exists.

What I am saying bothers me about a zealot is that their in combat defensive utility and buffing not only outstrips anything written by Paizo, but also outstrips DSP's own work, outpacing the warder easily.

For Mystic my biggest gripe is the randomization of maneuvers. I do not believe that DSP's suggestion is sufficient to justify it.

>PLEASE
>SPECIFY
For mystic I believe their have a layer of complexity that adds nothing to play except slowing it, for zealot I believe they have too much in combat support so as to outstrip other class's both DSP and paizo.
>>
>>46950406
Firing a Greatbow without support imparts a –4 penalty on the attack rolls, and the wielder is knocked prone.

As a move action a Greatbow can be anchored; providing support.

Hows that?
>>
Tbh I wish PoW hadn't tried to be a damage source. Conditional damage ("if you throw enemy into other enemy, gain X damage") is fine but "you attack and deal way more damage" is a waste of paper, turns people off of the system and isn't even what people like about it. Martials are already good at damage, what the system is for is adding vertatility, variety and FUN.
>>
File: 1357539992396.png (319 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1357539992396.png
319 KB, 700x700
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin

Okay, am I crazy, or is there really nothing in Paladin explicitly saying "you have to worship a lawful good diety"?

There's the stipulation that you have to be lawful good, but I don't see anywhere where it says you have to serve a lawful good god. Hell, I don't even see anything that says you'd have to be within one step of the god you serve.

All this time I just sort of assumed you had to serve a god that's at least one step from LG, but taking a closer look at the class, it doesn't ever seem like it's actually required.

Could I technically be a Paladin of Pharasma or even a chaotic god like Cayden?
>>
>>46950579
Entire purpose of strikes though was to deal damage and remain mobile
Sort of like how the caster can move and still be effective with standard actions
>>
>>46950694

Lawful Good is the worst alignment there is, Chaotic Good is better.
>>
>>46950717
Go home JJ
>>
File: 1446322635473.jpg (65 KB, 400x524) Image search: [Google]
1446322635473.jpg
65 KB, 400x524
>>46950717
>>
File: 532596-cyclops.jpg (365 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
532596-cyclops.jpg
365 KB, 1280x960
>>46950717
Eat shit buddy
>>
>>46950640
I think there is a rule that states you can only have your main god 1 step from your alignment, or there was in 3.5 So you could be a paladin for a NG, LG, or LN god.
>>
>>46950640
paladin is not cleric and has as much connection to the deity you worship as fighter or rogue

I am baffled that people are still struggling with this concept and believe that paladins are just clerics who are limited to LG
>>
File: 250px-Lamashtan_holy_symbol.jpg (30 KB, 250x349) Image search: [Google]
250px-Lamashtan_holy_symbol.jpg
30 KB, 250x349
Is giving my Cavalier The Demon Mother's Mask so that he can start a clutch with his dinosaur mount magical realm stuff?
>>
>>46950579
Except for Full Attack+ maneuvers which I personally never use and think should go the way of the dodo Strikes ABSOUTELY need to be "attack + a boatload of dice" or they'll get completely obsoleted by full attacks, as usual.

Like >>46950661 said, they're there to keep you mobile.

>>46950826
If you have to ask, it is.
>>
>>46950826
>Is giving my Cavalier The Demon Mother's Mask so that he can start a clutch with his dinosaur mount magical realm stuff?

Kinda.
>>
>>46950717
chaotic anything is trash
>>
>>46950327
>Skill replacement maneuvers are bad
No, they're not.
>>
>>46950897
>B-b-b-b-but Lawful can't be edgy
>>
>>46950826

It most definitely is.

More importantly, how or why did that come up?
>>
>>46950640
You can claim to worship whatever god you fucking want, but you're still LG and not receiving any actual benefits from said god.
>>
>>46950897
>>46950938

Lawful represents the businessman that sold the world to Wall Street. Lawful represents the boring, hateful white man that lives out in the boondocks of North Carolina, fearing anything that isn't exactly like them. Lawful represents boring mom and dad who won't let you go out with friends and experience life on Friday nights.

What is Chaotic? Chaotic is adventure, it's the youth that refuse to bend before tyranny. It is the spunk that keeps the world spinning. Chaos is progress, it is the grand adventure in those beautiful thing we call life.

So don't you EVER try to suggest Chaotic is trash, Chaos is everything you want to be in life, Lawful is the little death that brings about total oblivion.
>>
>>46950867
Or they could have just been "use your full attack" instead of adding on bunches of dice.
>>
>>46950929
Don't even listen to that guy, anon. He's probably the same fag who was crying about martials getting nice things from Fool's Errand, despite casters having the same options for nearly a decade now.
>>
>>46951033
(you)
>>
>>46951039
Then they're 100% better than full attacking, and that was never the point. Maneuvers are to allow mobility and give some neat utility. NOT to make every initiator into pouncing murderbeasts.
>>
>>46950929
Why do you think they're good?
>>
>>46951071
Except that is also true. Primal Fury pisses damage.
>>
>>46950897
>>46950717
>devoting oneself to Axis or the Maelstrom
>not serving the interests of Abbadon
>>
File: 1423358366098.png (61 KB, 272x367) Image search: [Google]
1423358366098.png
61 KB, 272x367
>>46951033
>Lawful represents boring mom and dad who won't let you go out with friends and experience life on Friday nights.
>>
>>46951033
JJ at least put on a trip when posting
>>
>>46950867
>>46950871
>>46950942
I'll have to do it in a fade to black then. It came up because I want to play the half-geniekin half T-Rex deformed offspring of my current character.
It would also help tie into the wierd 'are they actually fucking or not?' thing he's got going on with her.
>>
File: abba.jpg (362 KB, 1600x1126) Image search: [Google]
abba.jpg
362 KB, 1600x1126
>>46951149
>Abbadon
Yeah, you tell 'em, we-

Wait a second, these aren't the four horsemen I asked for...
>>
>>46951131
Primal Fury is also on the block to get some pretty significant nerfs.

Remember that when DSP was but a wee babe and a total of like three dudes, they were doing the best with what they could. It's hard to say they were anywhere near as experienced at building shit that doesn't have loopholes everywhere as they are now. They likely tossed in some shit based on ToB maneuvers and called it day.

I love Errant and both Freedom/Pirate Boss, but they've come a LONG way since PoW first released. What PoW is SUPPOSED to be and what is actually is are two different things.
>>
>>46951215
That's one of my complaints. They release new content while not fixing their broken content. They are far more concerned with trying out their "big new thing" and not with making their current things work.
>>
File: 1456513946384s.jpg (6 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1456513946384s.jpg
6 KB, 125x125
>>46951033
Kek. This post is gold
>>
>>46951033

Don't you have homework to do?
>>
>>46951236
Except they're working on errata right now. You are literally flailing your arms and crying that they're not working on fixing shit WHILE THEY'RE FIXING SHIT.

And beyond that, 3pp companies can't afford to rest on their laurels. Gareth and Elric have both expressed how the company needs to keep printing books or DSP goes belly up. Then we don't get fucking anything.

Honestly, everything you've complained about so far seems super unimportant. Holy shit, the defensive support character is actually good at defending and supporting his group? STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES.

Really, it was when you were complaining about the Mystic that I started disregarding your opinions entirely. It's like you never even heard of the Crusader!
>>
>>46951033
SUCH A LUST

FOR REVENGE

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>46951331
>Except they're working on errata right now. You are literally flailing your arms and crying that they're not working on fixing shit WHILE THEY'RE FIXING SHIT.
They have been claiming this for now over a year. It has been "on their back burner" since late 2014.

>It's like you never even heard of the Crusader!
Hearing of something and liking their mechanics are two entirely different things.

>Honestly, everything you've complained about so far seems super unimportant. Holy shit, the defensive support character is actually good at defending and supporting his group?
Being good at something is not what I dislike. Being better at it than anyone else in the game by a relatively wide margin is what I dislike.

Honestly why are you mad? You seem to be the one who is getting your panties in a twist over this.
>>
>>46948277
My party used a Vulnudaemon to lure a bunch of those underdark humanoids into a mass sacrifice to unleash the Jabberwock and the rest of it's compatriots. She was cool.

RIP little dude you tried your best against that Kraken.
>>
File: 1451346340680.jpg (69 KB, 920x380) Image search: [Google]
1451346340680.jpg
69 KB, 920x380
>>46951033
>What is Chaotic? Chaotic is adventure, it's the youth that refuse to bend before tyranny. It is the spunk that keeps the world spinning. Chaos is progress, it is the grand adventure in those beautiful thing we call life.

Jesus fucking Christ this reads like a butthurt 15 year old in the 90s.
>>
>>46951371
Because you're trying to pass off "waaah I don't like this" as valid criticism, when it totally isn't.
>>
>>46951371
>Being good at something is not what I dislike. Being better at it than anyone else in the game by a relatively wide margin is what I dislike.
what is wizard
>>
>Wizard
>Goes to inhospitable parts of the world, where any traveler might seek shelter shelter from storms, or heat, or hostile fauna
>uses illusory wall several times to build a complete illusory building
>leaves a rude note inside.

Damn you, wizard!
>>
>>46951403
Besides my dislike of the mystic what have I said is "Waaaah I do not like thing". The limited design space around maneuvers is evident by near duplicate maneuvers becoming common. For zealot's abilities one need merely look at their numbers. For skill replacement maneuvers one need to examine the math behind skill optimization vs. combat score optimization.

You seem to simply be disregarding with "Waaah I like thing so it can't be flawed" as a valid defense.
>>
File: LIZARDS!.jpg (97 KB, 662x844) Image search: [Google]
LIZARDS!.jpg
97 KB, 662x844
>>46951439
Is the note illusory, too?
>>
>>46951432
I dislike wizards as well. Something else being too strong does not excuse something for being too strong.
>>
>>46951472
what are clerics
what are druids
what are bards
what are oracles
what are skalds
what are any other t2-3 class that has ally support
>>
>>46951460

Yes, also it explodes.
>>
>>46951501
I am not sure what you are saying. Zealot outstrips them in terms of buffing. Being too good at your specialization is a bad thing. It is one of the problems inherent to pathfinder as a system.

For static buffs Zealots can provide larger increases to every relevant number (attack, damage, saves, movement) while also providing damage.

Bards, Skalds, and other t3 classes are more what it should be. Zealot rests above them in terms of combat utility.

T2 combat utility and strength should be a ceiling things don't pass.
>>
File: Awesome explosion, wizard.jpg (407 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Awesome explosion, wizard.jpg
407 KB, 1280x720
>>46951559
Now you're thinking with runes!
>>
>>46951589

I want to ruin that smile!
>>
How useful for a natural attack alchemist build is a 1-4 level dip in white hair witch? The ability to grapple people without putting yourself into grapple status and being able to grapple people using your int bonus as part of an attack seem like they could be quite handy.

In particular I'm imagining being able to pin someone while being able to not penalize myself with grappling, then unload on them with sneak attacks from vivisectionist

Having some spells and a familiar also seems pretty handy to further give me ultility
>>
>>46951658
You lose caster levels, which will really hurt your extracts. But if you're just in it to beat the shit out of stuff with your natural attacks, it's not a terrible plan. I think Hexcrafter Magus might be a better idea, though, so you don't give up even more BAB and such.
>>
>>46950294
You're going too easy. The psion should have been stomped. A CR of 12 should be a hard challenge for 4 10th level players.
>>
So if I wanted to make a ring of stoneskin and have it be somewhat affordable:

4th level spell x 7th level caster x 2000

56,000 base cost

If it's going to have 1 charge a day I pay for 50 charges 12,500 gp

68,000 Gold so far

the cost is multipled by 1.5 due to the spell minutes being 10 minutes / level so 102,750

then 1 charge per day divides the cost by 5.

20,500 gold

half of that is 10,250 gold for a 1 use a day stoneskin ring.

Did I get the rules right and is this ring worth making?
>>
>>46951708
even just a 1 level dip gets you everything I listed, the only real reason why I said to go further is for more spells and being able to do a couple more combat maneuvers with the hair

I don't understand what you're getting at with Hexcrafter Magus, why would I go for that instead?
>>
>>46951432
High tier wizards being busted doesn't fucking justify also letting busted shit slide, because muh fighters. PoW:E has a lot of fucking issues, like piercing thunder being weak as shit and Riven Hourglass being too broken/centralizing.
>>
File: kenshiro_4794.jpg (25 KB, 300x234) Image search: [Google]
kenshiro_4794.jpg
25 KB, 300x234
>>46951585
That's not what T2 means or does.
Bigger numbers has fuck all to do with it.
You need to go back and re-learn what the tiers even fucking are.
>>
>>46951717
>2016
>Still thinks that CR is a good measure to challenge
>>
>>46951808
Buddy, I am talking about both size and breadth. You saw me state larger numbers and ignored the rest. Let us compare a zealot and a bard.

A Zealot can give more numbers to more things than a bard while still being able to provide both utility and damage strikes.

I stand by exactly what I said. T2 combat utility is not a ceiling that should be passed.
>>
>>46951791
You can get the same Prehensile Hair hex as a Magus, iirc, and it has better BAB, saves and HD.

>>46951808
It's pretty clear that he's just a vaguely eloquent scrub who has no idea what he's actually arguing about. The fact that he thinks the Zealot, of all things, is really overpowered should say it all.
>>
>>46951795
Riven Hourglass only has a couple centralizing things, mainly the Haste boost and 3.0 Haste stance at very high levels.

Not even its celerity counters get used a lot in my games, because "you can move" isn't nearly as good as "negate that attack/spell".
>>
>>46951858
>It's pretty clear that he's just a vaguely eloquent scrub who has no idea what he's actually arguing about. The fact that he thinks the Zealot, of all things, is really overpowered should say it all.
I have had no one provide a counter example to what I have said.

A destruction zealot who has been optimized provides at every level a higher bonus to attack, damage, and saves than a bard, what is meant to be a largely support based class. This all while still being capable of using strikes.
>>
>>46951858
The prehensile hair given via hex doesn't work the same at all

on one hand it counts as an extra limb and has reach things the white hair either needs a lot of levels to get or can't do.

on the other hand it's a secondary natural attack, does less damage and most critically doesn't have the monster grab feature the white hair does

also you can only use it for so many minutes per day
>>
Thoughts on the "arcane healer" bard archetype? I know that in combat healing is rather useless, but I actually like the idea of this archetype.

I'd like to give it some of the flavor of the Bae'queshel tradition from faerun (basically bards that worship lolth and may also be clerics). Though instead of lolth insert [god of choice].
>>
>>46948468
>Does an Evangelist's "Gift of Tongues" give you access to secret languages?
Bump
>>
>>46949880
Yeah, but how would you feel if your DM suddenly revealed that the timid-if-brave young NPC who has been working for the PCs as an assistant was actually a silver dragon all along who traveled with the party to monitor them and see if they were too dangerous to just let be?
>>
>>46950640
Paladins don't have to worship a god. They're just lawful good in alignment.

However being lawful good makes them heavily inclined towards lawful, good, or lawful good gods (though they may also like a few neutral ones). Chaotic gods they may not be inclined towards (unless it's something like Corellon Latharein or w/e, CG god of elves). Paladins liking evil gods is unheard of.

Because their powers are divine they may come from gods (a combination of lawful or good for example), ideals, or innate divine fucking spark (powder-keg of justice).
>>
>>46951033
>hurr extreme cherrypicked examples

Lawful represents tradition, good or bad.
>>
>>46951970
A Magician archetype bard can do the exact same with a wand earlier and more efficiently.

It's just bad.
>>
Can someone explain to me how arcanist isn't the most broken thing ever? It seems to just be all the benefits of wizard + all the benefits of sorcerer + some other cool perks with no downside

Am I messing something?
>>
>>46952157
A regular bard can do the same thing, because UMD.
>>
>>46952013
>Yeah, but how would you feel if your DM suddenly revealed that the timid-if-brave young NPC who has been working for the PCs as an assistant was actually a silver dragon all along who traveled with the party to monitor them and see if they were too dangerous to just let be?

I'd ask if I can fuck that silver dragon.
>>
>>46952175
Slower access to spells, just like the Sorcerer. It's 100% Sorcerer+, at the very least.
>>
>>46951033
>Chaos is spunk

Well you got one thing right.
>>
A COFFEE SHOP.

THE REVOLUTION IN KINTARGO WAS DISCUSSED IN A FUCKING COFFEE SHOP.

A COFFEE SHOP THAT EXISTED IN 1500s NOT!ENGLAND.
>>
>>46952190
A regular bard doesn't get arcane bond.
>>
>>dm gives me custom magic staff that allows me to burn charges to summon monsters as a standard action
>>fight with a level 13 witch, fighter, and kineticist
>>fight starts, kineticist does 80 damage to three party members, somehow they are all still standing
>>witch casts phantasmal killer on our arcane archer, he dies
>>cleric runs over, breath of life
>>I summon a dire tiger next to the kineticist as a standard action, full attack, kineticist is grappled
>>next turn, I summon two ankylosaurs next to the witch, they both hit and daze her
>>kineticist is now pinned
>>kineticist rolls nat 20 to escape grapple
>>flies up
>>next turn I cast fly on my dire tiger which charges up and full attacks, finishes with grappling her
>>mfw custom magic item totally shuts down two tier-1 dangerous characters
>>
>>46952290
Is that all that was wrong with the AP?
>>
>>46952322

Going to Not!Starbucks run by a chubby spunky Halfling in Not!San Francisco to talk with a Trans-man about overthrowing the batshit insane cis white man kinda sets the tone for the AP.
>>
File: Average Osirian Cleric.jpg (288 KB, 342x894) Image search: [Google]
Average Osirian Cleric.jpg
288 KB, 342x894
>>46950005
>>
>>46952301
>Welcome to the summoner world
But the bard doesnt even need a custom item for do that. He has a lot of summon things spells

By the way:
>DM set a rival party of fuckers and they end killing a character
>>
>>46952290
>The Ottoman chronicler İbrahim Peçevi reports in his writings (1642–49) about the opening of the first coffeehouse in Istanbul

in a world with magic and all sorts of other goofy shit it's not very hard to believe. romans had the equivalent of twitter for fuck sake

>>46952369
then again, I can see what you're getting at
>>
>>46951197
Wait what? Why is that something your party is asking?
>>
>>46952301
I'm sorry, are you saying a Kineticist is a tier-1 dangerous enemy?

If not, you need to work on your storytelling. I have no fucking clue what you're talking about. A Summoner can do that as a class feature from level 1, for free, in case you weren't aware.
>>
My party's a druid, blood kineticist, and fell rider cavalier. What should I play to balance the party out? All third party and Paizo allowed, 25 point buy, and we'll be starting at level 6.
>>
>>46952290
>>46952369
You're late anon, the hate train for that AP passed through months ago.

Also, the existence of a coffeeshop (a cafe, in other words) is a pretty dumb-ass thing to complain about. There were coffeehouses all over the preppy cities of Europe from the 17th century on, and Kintargo is nothing if not preppy.

The NPCs are bullshit, you're right about that, but read on. They literally disappear from the plot after book one, sucked into the glorious Paizo-self-insert garbage disposal that is the rebellion system. For once, the flaws of the AP played into each other perfectly to cancel each other out.
>>
>>46952426
>romans had the equivalent of twitter for fuck sake

They had graffiti, that does not count as Twitter.

That's like saying the Romans had Facebook because they wrote biographies and the Egyptians had Wikipedia because they wrote books.

>then again, I can see what you're getting at

The goddamn AP literally has trigger warnings.

TRIGGER
WARNINGS

Something campaigns like Giantslayer (which features gratuitous amounts of implied rape) and Wrath of the Righteous (which featured gratuitous amounts of implied rape and ultra-violence) never had.
>>
>>46952441
In all fairness, I fail to see how a character can deal upwards of 80 damage to three different characters (potentially more) and not be a high tier.

>>46952407
It's so good, now that I have high level summons I'm definitely going to use them more often.
>>
File: 1458598251624.gif (796 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1458598251624.gif
796 KB, 500x281
>>46952489
>>46952369
>>46952496

You know what the most beautiful thing about Hell's Rebels is?

It's dead. Nobody's running it. It's the most recent full AP to have been released and you're going to rarely if ever find people trying to run it on Roll20 or Myth-Weavers.

It was shit, everyone knows it was shit, and it's going to die and burn in Hell like the unbaptized stillbirth it was.
>>
>>46952496
>They had graffiti, that does not count as Twitter.
I mean more the context of the messages was the same

although thinking about it the pompei grafiti is more like facebook, for how little it matters
>>
>>46952565
>I mean more the context of the messages was the same

People have been doing that since forever, the only reason the Romans were more notable is because the average citizen was literate.

You should try reading some primary sources from the Middle Ages, they're quite decadent in how much is said to mean so little.
>>
File: foo.jpg (130 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
foo.jpg
130 KB, 446x400
>>46952499
>>dealing damage
>>high tier
>>
>>46952552
>you will never play a character who saw what was going down in Kintargo and noped out
>you will never have them get the news that the city is either gone to a demiplane or possessed by Bazzy
>you will never look at the letter with an "I knew it was a good time to leave" look on your face
>you will never have smuggled statue-Shensen out with you
>>
>>46952499
Doing damage is actually the exact opposite of what a tier list shows. The Kineticist might be able to do a lot of damage which I actually doubt, considering it's been shown to be Warrior (yes, the NPC class) tier in terms of DPR but it's mediocre as fuck at everything else.
>>
File: 1448831792804.png (917 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448831792804.png
917 KB, 1280x720
Dire Cat vs lvl 1 Kineticist + Antipaladin tag team

Overkill or fair?
>>
File: nigga.jpg (74 KB, 500x414) Image search: [Google]
nigga.jpg
74 KB, 500x414
>>46952499
>>
>>46952643

I never understood that image, was it an accidental misspelling of FINE, or was it intentional?
>>
>>46952552
Not so fast anon, my GM is planning on running it and removing any and all references to the shit NPCs and making it sort of similar to Les Miserables.
>>
>>46952552

>it's going to die and burn in Hell like the unbaptized stillbirth it was.
>Hell's Rebels

There's irony in there.
>>
File: 1461623879109.jpg (110 KB, 692x713) Image search: [Google]
1461623879109.jpg
110 KB, 692x713
>>46952552
>>46952626
Honestly, bitch at me all you want, but Hell's Rebels wasn't shit. It was written like shit, but the AP is perfectly solid in the hands of a GM who will ignore all Paizo's little 'suggestions' and just run the fucking game.

The bad NPCs cease to be plot-relevant, and can be whisked aside the moment the players show they won't miss them. The trigger warnings and SJ themes don't really matter to the actual adventure, and can be skipped right over and never brought up. And then you've just got a vastly improved Council of Thieves with minor kingdom-building elements and a pretty sick endgame reward in the form of the soul anchor.
>>
>>46952590
Was people writing "me and my bro slayed some vag here today" really that common?
>>
>>46952623
>>one-shotting the enemy boss
>>bad

>>46952630
>>46952676
Look up blinkback belts.

Conductive daggers.

Energy blasts can be applied through conductive weapons.

"Kineticist does low damage"
>>
>>46952720
>Was people writing "me and my bro slayed some vag here today" really that common?

If the average Medieval peasant could write, probably.

You'd be shocked at how lewd those people got, the whole "everyone is expected to be chaste" thing was a product of the nobility.
>>
>>46952739
Damage does not a high tier make.

Also Quick Draw + Conductive Dagger of Doubling is better
>>
>>46952739
And you are 100% retarded to think that damage equals to high tier.
>>
>>46952739
Anon, that conductive trick relies entirely on spending exorbitant cash buying as many +2-equivalent daggers as you want to have attacks. Blinkback doesn't help with the fact that conductive is once per round per weapon.

>>46952773
Dagger of doubling can't be upgraded to conductive without GM fiat, as it uses nonstandard pricing.
>>
>>46952878
Guys, he might be running on like... Fighting game tier definitions. Not everyone is up to date with D&D/PF lingo.
>>
What's the best way to get the most out of single-hit maneuvers as a 3/4 BAB initiator, /pfg/? I already have Furious Focus and Power Attack. Is there any other way to boost my single-attack damage? Playing an Angel of Mercy Medic with Golden Lion, Iron Tortoise, Piercing Thunder, Silver Crane and Steel Serpent, if that helps. Currently focusing on IT and SC with some GL stuff, too.

>>46952878
>>46952773
>>46952917
Vaguely sure he's trolling on all cylinders. Nobody who actually talks about tiers is this ignorant about how they work.
>>
>>46952707
I've never played/read Hell's Rebels so I can't speak for the quality of the book itself, but anything can be fun in the hands of a good enough GM. Using that to try and defend it does not endear me much to it.
>>
>>46952707

Who is that girl and why is she so smug?
>>
File: 492.png (41 KB, 930x794) Image search: [Google]
492.png
41 KB, 930x794
>>46952739
>>46952773
>energy blasts
>literally core rogue's attack and damage output (3/4 BAB and no attack bonuses, ayyy)
>having to deal with energy AND spell resistance
>being completely locked out of the best utility elements because they don't have energy blasts at all
>can't ever use infusions because you're doubling all your burn costs
>>
>>46952960
Vital Strike, maybe?
>>
>>46953036
Doesn't work with maneuvers, sadly.
>>
>>46952439
Well he calls his mount his life partner and refuses to allow anyone to treat her as less than an equal in all regards. Plus he's just highly sexually agressive.
>>
>>46952227

well, Arcanists don't get nearly as many spells per day as a Sorceror, hell, not even as many as a wizard with any school but universalist.

Of course, they more than make up for it by being able to cast spontaneously yet still pick different spells each day.
>>
>>46952970
It's not 'a good GM' so much as that most of the stuff people complain about only exists for the GM.

It doesn't get to the players unless the GM chooses to, say, have the tranny narrate his whole unimportant-to-the-plot backstory. The fact that said character is trans can be entirely skipped over and nobody will notice a thing. The coffeeshop can be described the same as any tavern, nothing changes. The trigger warnings are as relevant as the "don't pirate shit" warnings on a DVD.

It's a waste of pagespace, and maybe the GM will get a papercut turning the page to skip it, but that's literally all the harm there is.
>>
>>46953022

Use Flurry of Blasts with Telekinetic Blast to fling Conductive daggers triggering Electric Blasts. You get full iteratives of 1d4+Con+xd6+x+Con damage
>>
>>46953126
Isn't there a rule they added it errata that prevents ever adding the same stat twice to the same thing?
>>
>>46953099
>>46952227
This was always my problem with the arcanist, slower progression hurts. But I do agree that there is very little advantage in being a sorceror over an arcanist, though.
>>
>>46953169

Not sure but either way they'd be different blasts, so it probably wouldn't apply.

Also forgot Elemental Overflow bonuses
>>
>>46953169
If they are both untyped bonuses, they don't stack.
>>
>>46952626
Why would you want to smuggle her out? Leave her there. Or put her up as statuary in a garden or something.
>>
>>46953126
>Instead of a single kinetic blast, you shoot two kinetic blasts at targets within 120 feet that each deal damage as if your kineticist level were 1st (effects or abilities that increase your kinetic blast’s damage don’t apply).
>Any blast beyond the first that hits the same target adds 1d6 points of damage; bonuses and penalties to damage don’t apply.
So, you get 1d4+Con on the first hit, and can trigger Conductive once for 1d6+Con, and then 1d6 flat with nothing else applying on every hit thereafter.
>>
>>46953237

You're flurrying the Telekinetic Blast, not the Electric one

>Alternatively, you can loosen the strands of aether in order to deal damage to both the object and the target as though you had thrown the object yourself (instead of dealing your normal blast damage).
>>
>>46953290
Yes, and Conductive is an effect that would increase the damage of your telekinetic blast, and thus can't apply. "effects and abilities" is about as broad as can be when it comes to negation.

Likewise, the 1d6-after-the-first is a specific rule that overrides anything else the blast would allow. You don't get more using a composite blast, either, even though those would allow a different damage progression than normal blasts, too.
>>
>>46953364

Conductive would trigger a different blast, not increase the damage of your Telekinetic blast and either way, the rule for fake-throwing an object with Telekinetic Blast replaces the "normal blast damage"
>>
>>46953416
>When the wielder makes a successful attack of the appropriate type, he may choose to expend two uses of his magical ability to channel it through the weapon to the struck opponent, which suffers the effects of both the weapon attack and the special ability.
>the effects of both the weapon attack and the special ability
>effects or abilities that increase your kinetic blast’s damage don’t apply
The dagger damage is the damage being inflicted by your telekinetic blast, per the rules of said blast. The conductive property would add an effect to it, which deals damage. Flurry of Blasts blanket forbids any effect that would increase the blast's damage from applying.
>>
Hey, /pfg/.
Just out of curiosity, when should I expect to be able to find a pdf of the Armor Master's Handbook via normal channels?
>>
>>46953235
Because my gardens need decoration and I'm not living in Kintargo.
>>
>>46953614

Why wouldn't you want to live in Kintargo? It's basically Paradise.
>>
>>46953673
Well, maybe he wants to live on a personal demiplane where he doesn't have to worry about those damned neighborhood kids walking all over his lawn.
>>
>>46953703

But the youth are an important aspect of Kintargo's thriving urban life! You should be THANKFUL for the urban youth!
>>
File: Every single day.png (249 KB, 1903x950) Image search: [Google]
Every single day.png
249 KB, 1903x950
>>46951033
Chaos is shit, CN is the worst alignment because at least CE knows what they are, and everyone ignores CG hippies.

Every time you stick it to the man, kid, remember the rights and freedoms you whine about are products of a lawful society.

Go liveeeee in the wooooooods
>>
>>46952697
Let's be honest, that's probably what the AP would have been if it was set in Galt and didn't have the SJW stamp of approval. They've done musicals in the APs before with Council of Thieves, I'd be down for a full-on musical adventure in rebellion.
>>
So I want to run a game where the players are angels inhabiting host bodies who have to escape a superdungeon of death
Good idea or worst idea?
>>
>>46953733
>Go liveeeee in the wooooooods

Are you telling me /k/ is Chaotic?
>>
>>46953597
Probably like a week? The books just came out for actual purchase, so I think it'll show up in a week through the normal channels.
>>
>>46953759
Something's been helping you escape or is s/he?
>>
>>46953774
Have you ever seen them happy about weapon restrictions or the geneva conventions?
>>
>>46953512

Per the rules of the Telekinetic Blast, blast damage rules don't apply in this situation and the attack is instead treated as a thrown weapon with a Con modifier to damage instead of Str.
>>
>>46953733
>>He only follows the law when it is good and just

This is key, I think.

You can break the law and still be lawful.

>>remember the rights and freedoms you whine about

Who whines about freedoms except the cucks who want to take them away? Freedom is great.
>>
File: 1461770046689.png (21 KB, 259x434) Image search: [Google]
1461770046689.png
21 KB, 259x434
>>46953732
Oh, I'm plenty thankful for it.
>>
>>46953733
>LG best
>not NG

It's literally pure Good.
>>
>>46953512
But Conductive doesn't increase the daggers damage, it triggers a separate damage effect on hit with a Conductive weapon, as stated;

>Suffers the effects of BOTH the weapon attack and special ability
Implying they are two separate things, not one effect.
>>
>>46953865
Using the damage of the thrown weapon doesn't change the fact that you are using the Sp ability Telekinetic Blast to deal damage. Conductive is applying another ability's effect to increase that damage, thus cannot apply (or rather, Conductive can apply but the electric blast to be conducted can't).
>>
>>46953888
Which book is this from?
>>
>>46953981
Book of Erotic Party Van
>>
File: MeanGirlsOfTheApocalypse.jpg (77 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
MeanGirlsOfTheApocalypse.jpg
77 KB, 500x500
>>46953981
Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
>>
>>46953888
>favored weapon
>net
oh god that pun
>>
>>46953877
Sorry, that sentence went through some revisions, and I didn't double check. I meant, a lot of kids use 'freedom of speech' or 'it's a free country, I'm allowed to be a shit head' as an excuse while protesting government, etc. When those freedoms are the best part of government, and is government willingly limiting itself, the perfect example of LG.

>>46953900
The issue with NG, and if I had to choose between LN and NG, I would lean NG (depending on the scale of the issue), is that it isn't as consistent.

Take a court for example. A lawful court requires a certain burden of proof, even when common sense would indicate one answer is true. A neutral good court would lean with whatever is best. For the sake of our society, and consistency, stability and our human rights have to be considered first.

>It's literally pure good

It's not any -more- good than LG, it just takes a different approach. I believe a society or rule or person is more good if it considers stability, consistency and self-limiting rules as a part of its construction.
>>
>>46954037
...what pun? Are you implying that's referring to the internet? Because it's pretty clearly referring to the rope construction a child abductor would throw over a child to prevent their escape.
>>
>>46954076
It's both
>>
>Accident (Su)
>The shaman causes a target within 30 feet to stumble and fall. The shaman attempts a caster level check with a DC equal to the target's CMD against trip attempts. On a successful check, the target falls prone and takes 1d6 points of damage. If the target is adjacent to a pit or similar drop-off, he must also succeed at a Reflex save (with a DC equal to the shaman's caster level check) or fall into the pit. Observers must succeed at a Perception or Sense Motive check with a DC equal to the shaman's caster level check to identify her as the source of the accident.

Is this any good? It seems like it could make for a really fun encounter.
>>
>>46954150
Well, we all know trip builds are shit at mid-high levels, and a CL-based trip is basically the same as a trip attempt by a fighter with 10 Str, so I'll let you draw your own conclusions.
>>
>>46954211
Isn't it a lot easier to pump up CL than it is regular trip builds, though?
>>
>>46953948
>Using the damage of the thrown weapon doesn't change the fact that you are using the Sp ability Telekinetic Blast to deal damage.

No, I'm using Telekinetic Blast to throw a Dagger that deals damage and has extra effects as per a normal thrown magic weapon
>>
>>46954253
Not really. Lots of stuff add to your trip CMB. You have a handful of things to improve CL. Maybe +4-5
>>
File: Ainz_015.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Ainz_015.png
2 MB, 1366x768
I will forever be buttblasted that Warlock became a Vigilante archetype rather than its own base class.

I will forever be rectalruptured because we can never have a warlock base class in Pathfinder as long as Bhulman is constantly cradling his abortion baby known as the Kineticist and kicking out any other ideas to fix its entire existence of flaws.

I will forever be assassaulted that DSP could make a "psionic" Warlock class akin to a soulknife/wilder hybrid but most likely will not due to how busy they are with other projects. (I'm not really mad at this one, totally understandable and they've done good jobs. This is just me ranting)
>>
>>46954253
Is it? I was under the impression that CL is actually pretty hard to boost. You can get a +50 CMB to trip, you can't as easily get a CL of 50.
>>
>>46954262
So explain how you're throwing the dagger 120 feet and adding Con to damage WITHOUT it being used as a part of Telekinetic Blast?
>>
>>46954211
why 10 STR? CL-based trip use your casting stat as STR, right?
>>
>>46954253
Hell no. There's like two methods I can think of to boost general CL, most such boosts are specific to spells or schools of spells, and thus won't help an Su at all.

CMB is boosted by literally anything that adds to Strength or attack.
>>
>>46954352
It's a caster level check, not a concentration check. You don't add any stat to it. It's d20 plus your CL and nothing else.
>>
>>46951717
Yeah, for a party of 4, this was a one on one fight and consumed 100% of her resources, so it was appropriately challenging.
>>
Is it just me, or is the Gray Warden PrC fantastic for a reach Inquisitor?
>>
>>46951994
Ask your gm, "secret languages" is a term your gm uses, and it is not universal recognized in pathfinder. Only your gm's opinion matters, not ours.
>>
>>46954635
Gray Gardener? It's... alright. I don't know why you'd go into it FROM inquisitor, as it's basically there to grant inquisitor-lite abilities to other divine classes.

Other than the sneak attack, you'd get the same or better of every one of the PrC's features by staying in-class. And sneak attack's not worth casting loss.
>>
>>46950938
Judge Dredd is laughing at you. Then writing you up and sentencing you to a year for disrespecting THE LAW.
>>
File: whatever.jpg (66 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
whatever.jpg
66 KB, 1366x768
>>46954289
Just port 3.5's Warlock to PF?

The cool thing about warlocks is that they don't have any dead levels. Every level they take always comes with a new class feature.

Here, check it: http://alcyius.com/dndtools/classes/warlock/index.html

See? Totally portable to PF with no issues at all.
>>
>>46954792
The only thing I would change is using the Eldritch Blast track from DDO, giving them a few more invocations, and up the hit die to d8.
>>
>>46951033
This is what Chaotic children who've never grown up actually believe.

Lawful isn't boring. Its challenging. Nothing is more fun than using the law as a cudgel against your opponents, a scalpel against their ideas and a podium from which you can shout them down and drown their voices.

Even better when you're the guy on the bottom rung of the proverbial ladder using your rules mastery and exploitation of loopholes to bring them down to your level.
>>
>>46954667
Aren't Druidic and Drow sign language are secret languages by the game's own terms?
>>
>>46951994
This is like the third time I've seen you ask this.

There is no rule regarding secret languages. Secret language only means that the members who have it are forbidden to teach it, and others will whup them if they do, and likely kill those who learned it from the transgressors.

In my GM's world, there are three secret languages. Druidic, because they're one of the three major factions; Mechanical, because it's rapid-binary and impossible to use without magic or tech; and Shadowspeech, because the organization that invented it doesn't teach it.

The question that you should be asking is: would my god teach me that? Is your god a nature god? Of druids? Or are you just asking this so you can gain access to a language you can't normally have? In which case, your god would probably tell you to stop powergaming his/her religion.
>>
File: 1461138781230.jpg (271 KB, 1000x857) Image search: [Google]
1461138781230.jpg
271 KB, 1000x857
>>46954792
>>46954852
D8 HD, 4 + Int Skill, proficient with medium armor and can cast invocations in medium armor with no penalty (much like the bard).

Make Eldritch Blast do 1d6 + Warlock's level in damage.

Fiendish Resilience lasts for X hours, equal to 1/2 Warlock level + Cha.
>>
>>46954289
Just play a bloody Spherecaster already, jeez.
>>
>>46954289
Paizo love archetypes to much. I miss Dread Necromancers.
>>
So... Sword Binder Wizard.
Named Bullet > Sword of the Mage > Frigid Touch.

Does this combo work?
>>
How do I build a skald, /pfg/? Just like how I'd build a normal barbarian? Any spells that stand out from their spell list?
>>
File: cuck.png (132 KB, 612x496) Image search: [Google]
cuck.png
132 KB, 612x496
>>46955033
>Make Eldritch Blast do 1d6 + Warlock's level in damage.
>>
>>46955081
Fated Champion is pretty dank, I see it as a pretty much straight upgrade.

Pick rage powers from a totem you like, or stuff like stances. Make sure the party doesn't consist or dexfags and casterfags.
>>
>>46955081
The finale spells are pretty fun.
>>
>>46955081
Spell Kenning to jack spells from Cleric spell list
>>
>>46955123
This is on par with the Dread's devastating touch class feature. Its fine.

Remember that Warlocks don't totally rely on eldritch blasts for damage, its merely a vehicle for the invocations that make warlocks great. Namely, being able to eldritch blast an entire room with cold energy that saps the enemy's DEX and Reflex while he casts Chilling Tentacles and leaves everyone in the room to die a slow, inescapable, cold and painful death.

And then at a high enough level, you can just deliver an eldritch blast equivalent of the "save-or-suck" disintegrate.
>>
I have talked on here before about my homebrew disciplines and class The Agent. I am here to talk about a few of the core class features of The Agent for opinions.

One of it's iconic abilities is called "Anatomical Study". If you have a corpse or a willing creature you can study it over the course of an hour and give a ten minute lecture. Anyone who is listening up to your initiation modifier (which is either wisdom or intelligence depending on which type of agent you are, the types being Academic and Courtier) gains benefits similar to Favored Enemy against that type of creature.

A lot of your abilities work off of your Anatomical Study for the day, making use of your Inspirations. Inspirations augment how you can study and what you can study. They allow you to pick such things as a "Area of Research" which is an additional bonus for a particular kind of creature (again using the same categories as Favored enemy) and a "Catalogue of Infections" which gives your current anatomical study a minus to saves against poision, disease, or effects that cause sickened or nauseated.

It has a series of OOC features that are also based similarly on a social identity of the Vigilante, except it is not hidden. What it is described as is when you are doing research at your laboratory and doing research in the field.

Every Agent has an area designated as a laboratory/research facility/library/etc. They have several static class features that provide them with bonuses, along with a list of choices for bonuses. These upgrades provide different kinds of bonuses.

The upgrades include but are not limited to the following:
>Servants (The Leadership feat but only for followers)
>Workshop (Scaling bonus to craft checks and masterwork tools for all craft skills)
>Operating Theatre (Gives an additional bonus if your anatomical study is performed in it)
>>
>>46954635
>>46954708
Just use the Sanctified Slayer archetype.
>>
>>46955237
Dude why wouldn't you just bundle in Hellfire Warlock into the base class at even levels, with a Constitution damage recovery mechanic ontop of it, and stop trying to overcomplicate shit.
>>
>>46954289
>I will forever be assassaulted that DSP could make a "psionic" Warlock class akin to a soulknife/wilder hybrid but most likely will not due to how busy they are with other projects. (I'm not really mad at this one, totally understandable and they've done good jobs. This is just me ranting)

Isn't that just a Psychic Armory? Maybe a PoW mystic at higher levels.
>>
If an undead is using Celestial crane maneuvers does the healing harm them or does it heal them? It says nothing about channeling positive energy or 'curing', but rather uses the syntax of 'restore'.
>>
>>46955447
Kinda. He means a PsyArm who can payload psionic powers to his panoply like a magus.
Also his panoply aren't swords. They're energies which can be shaped to rays, cones, blasts, orbs, and clouds which may target either touch AC, Fortitude or Reflex depending on the shape and the power.
>>
>>46955514
If it doesn't specify positive energy and it heals him, it just heals him.
>>
>>46955385
I like the way you think.
Now its an overpowered Kineticist. Except Burn isn't entirely shit.
>>
>>46955637
>burn isn't entirely shit
Actual Con damage is better than nonlethal damage how...?
>>
File: 1449194205737.png (116 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1449194205737.png
116 KB, 350x350
Why are nerds so obsessed with good necromancers?
>>
>>46955743
Being able to recover it?
>>
>>46955796
Probably because Paizo are anal-retentive about NO GOOD NECROMANCY without much reason or cause, particularly when they include good-aligned ghosts and undead in their setting.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.