[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whenever a player character has sex (regardless of whether things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 17
File: image.jpg (189 KB, 1020x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189 KB, 1020x1200
Whenever a player character has sex (regardless of whether things "fade to black" or its role played blow-by-blow) should the PC make any rolls to determine how well they performed? Or should it be left completely up to the involved parties to just dictate how good they are in bed?
>>
>>46920447
Well, I make them roll, just to tease them about how they should have bought Erotic Arts skill.
>>
http://angrydm.com/2013/04/adjudicate-actions-like-a-boss/

Read it, never ask this question again.
>>
>>46920447
Is the outcome important to the course of the game?
Roll for it.

Is the outcome irrelevant to the course of the game?
Fudge it.
>>
>>46920447
There is a reason use rope was a skill.
>>
The same principles apply to any situation where you might roll.

Is there an interesting consequence for succeeding? Is there an interesting consequence for failing? If so, roll. If not, don't.
>>
>>46920447

Don't. I HIGHLY SUGGEST THAT YOU DO NOT.

Remember, you can FAIL rolls. Sex is a reward for a character's narrative arc. All you need to do is have the girl just be all affectionate the next day, and that's reward enough.
>>
Acrobatics for variety of positioning, con check for duration.
[Spoiler] climb check if size categories differ [/spoiler]
>>
>>46920447
Does my barbarian get a bonus to the roll if he rages?
>>
>>46920469
This.
On a more serious note - only if it's important for story.
>>
>>46920447
>blow-by-blow
kek
>>
>>46920474
> Shitposting immediately improves thread quality only marginally.

>>46920447
No, instead make it a terrifying series of rolls. Oh what's that margret? That lizard man wants the D? Well pull out that D20, because we got a lot of rolls. Pregnancy risk, STD/blitworm/crotch flees, all are valid risks, to say nothing of the possibilities of your partner stealing some shit. Best case scenario ye fucked a scalie, worst case your knocked up, have crotch blight and your patch itches like fucking crazy.

Or be more creative, or just fade to black, depends, and there is no strait answer.
>>
>>46920514
>sex is reward
Wut?
>>46920545
No berserks allowed.
>>
>>46920704
>>46920704
>wut
Not the guy you're responding to but even I knew what he meant and, frankly, I'm surprised I've got to break it down for you:

Sex (not rape) is generally regarded as fun. Thus it's usually regarded as a fun consequence for a PC doing things like charming a lady at the ball, ponying up the dough for a woman of ill repute, or saving the princess.
>>
>>46920704
>Wut?

Why do you think romances are so important in lowbrow, lowest common denominator RPGS? For the lower strata of nerd society sex is as unattainable as a dragon's hoard or arcane might, so it gets the same status as a reward.
>>
>>46920496
Underrated post
>>
>>46920704
>>46920844
>>46920848
These. It's not like any of these morons actually intend for anything of narrative significance to come from it, it's a game of hacking and slashing and missiles and whatever else. Sex has no reason to ever come into focus unless it is, as they say, a lowbrow 'reward' or part of some poor attempt at comedy.
>>
>>46920447
It's like rolling for dick size. If the group is in the mood for silly rolls, you make silly rolls. If not, you skip them and move on.
>>
File: pinkhaze.jpg (56 KB, 340x314) Image search: [Google]
pinkhaze.jpg
56 KB, 340x314
>>46920704
>No berserks allowed.
>>
>>46920514
>>46920844
>not using sex as a punishment, either for a failing in combat (rape) or in a social situation (getting pulled)
>>
>>46921295

It's all guys who are playing. Rape isn't an issue for guys. In the latter, it's the guy who should be initiating.
>>
File: CIS Mordin.jpg (97 KB, 1110x884) Image search: [Google]
CIS Mordin.jpg
97 KB, 1110x884
>>46920844
>>46920848
>>46921230
> Implying no one has ever had sex come up during a game with mature players able to undertake the subject seriously
Anons pls. At least try to remember that not everyone playing rpgs is a mindless grognard.
>>46920704
I agree with you that using sex as a "reward" and not treating it as an activity that people do for any number of reasons is kind of absurd, but these anon's aren't us.
>>
>>46921328
Guys can play female characters.
>>
If it's Exalted, I always say it should be Stamina + Grapple, Dex + Ride, Intelligence + Medicine/Lore (Biology), or Charisma + Performance.

Because either you last long enough to satisfy the other person, your that damned flexible and amazing, you know what button(s) to press and how to get someone off, or you're into BDSM.
>>
>>46920447
Opposed ability check (con vs con) with a choice of using either the con bonus or cha bonus. No proficiency bonus unless sex is a trade skill or you and your partner are intimately familiar with eachother.

There Steve, you just won at sex, can we continue the story now?
>>
File: image.png (57 KB, 560x230) Image search: [Google]
image.png
57 KB, 560x230
>>46921461
>There Steve, you just won at sex, can we continue the story now?
But It's important to my story!!!
>>
>>46921461
>There Steve, you just won at sex, can we continue the story now?
Alright, my next goal will be winning at puns!
>>
>>46920447

If people ask about it on the table, I laugh, and make them roll a save vs. Disease.
>>
>>46920447
Someone post the story about an Imperial Guardsmen trying to hook up with some bitch, then he gets sacrificed to the Lord of Excess.

Best way to deal with this kind of shit
>>
>>46921435
And that's why no-one takes Exalted seriously - well, that and what passes for character portraits and official art in that game. It's like it was intentionally designed from the ground up as a quarantine zone for people who aren't at the table to play a game.

>>46921357
Why does it matter if they're mature or not? That's irrelevant. You're still doing the equivalent of cooking dinner in your garden shed.
You have a fucking kitchen for that, use it. Some people are trying to actually mow the lawn and trim the hedges here, why the fuck are you even in the shed if you're not interested in doing shed things?
>>
>>46921638
If it's the story I'm thinking about, he didn't get sacrificed. He got marked for death with a brand/tattoo/... and now had to find a way to deal with the cult permanently before they finished their ritual without going AWOL or attracting his superiors' attention.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 410x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 410x600
>>46921645
I can understand taking issue with the ecchi anime presentation of the game, but how does that relate to
>It's like it was intentionally designed from the ground up as a quarantine zone for people who aren't at the table to play a game.
>>
>>46921739
Sorry I went back and reread the post and now I understand it was just an off the cuff remark. But now the question is: how does not being at the table relate to artists who want to roll for literally any possible thing you can do?
>>
On the rare occasion it does happen (Usually with the horny dwarf going I GET ALL T'WHORES) we roll for performance because it's amusing if they roll low or botch
>>
>>46921776
>artists
*autists
>>
File: How Was The Sex---.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
How Was The Sex---.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
>>46921555
This is shockingly more true then it should be with gems
>>
>>46921870
I'll actually use this the next time a player asks about how the sex was in game.
>>
>>46920447
>rolling for common, mundane actions

If I were dictator of the world, this would be the first thing I'd declare a capital offence.
>>
Should I roll for masturbation? Good fapping could lead to good stress relief or get me some other bonus.
>>
>>46921870
>choose modifiers that are generally less than 3
Wow, it's like they don't want PCs to have mindblowing sex with whores all the time.
>>
>>46920691
Welp, there goes my crotch
>>
>>46920447
No, but you should roll for conception. Behind the screen, and without letting your players know what you're rolling.
>>
>>46921673
I thought the dude was killed and the rest of his squad needs to find out what happened before everyone gets purged for being remotely near Chaos
>>
>>46921230
>It's not like any of these morons actually intend for anything of narrative significance to come from it
One of my PCs literally plotted the overthrow of a planetary empire with a duchess in her bed in between bouts of passionate intercourse.
>>
File: 1410511599302.jpg (81 KB, 754x660) Image search: [Google]
1410511599302.jpg
81 KB, 754x660
>>46920496
>>
>>46920447
Ebin thread OP
>>
>>46922599
Well, they can't all be Podrick.
>>
>>46922876
If the first episode was anything to go by it looks like season 6 will out-meme season 5.
>>
File: Ironic shitposting.jpg (66 KB, 680x771) Image search: [Google]
Ironic shitposting.jpg
66 KB, 680x771
>>46920474
>>
>>46921645
I've played everything from DnD, to Exalted, to WoD, to SLA Industries, to Gurps, Shadowrun, Rifts, and even god-awful Cinnibar.

If anything is a "containment RPG", it's DnD. Specifically for those who want nothing more than a roll-play with only combat-relevant statlines. Exalted *can attract some of the worst types, as can World of Darkness. But at least the majority of the players aren't just there ro maximize their combat numbers.
>>
>>46920447
GURPS has a skill for it called Erotic Art.
>>
>>46923881
I don't think any campaign I have had in GURPS has called for the skill. I did have a player whose character was a former courtesan that had it though, she just never used it.
>>
>>46923919
One of my players had used it on another player once.
>>
>>46920447
Seriously? No.

As a joke to see if today's your character's "I'm a sex god" or "I swear this never happens" day, or something else humorous? Go for it man.
>>46920496
I knew having five ranks in that would do more good than just being able to make nets, tie grappling hooks, and get a small bonus to Escape Artist checks if they involve rope!
>>
>>46920496
Half the female players I've had have included some sort of cutesy bondage reference next to the rope in their inventory. Including one who specified silk rope that was dyed "Statuatory Grape".
>>
>>46921870
This is just absolutely amusing. Gonna use it soon.
>>
>>46920447
>roleplaying vs. rollplaying
>ERP in games

Summed up the thread for you.
>>
>>46920479
Is the TL;DR, if players attempt something and they fail then you can spice it up by enacting consequences?
>>
>>46924786
And now you've got me wondering if I can detect any of my GF's fetishes just by walking her through character generation.
>>
Rolled 3, 6 = 9 (2d6)

>>46921870
rolling! Someone back me up!
>>
>>46924982
Maybe, and you can always suggest it for a different sort of role playing.
>>
>>46921328
>Rape isn't an issue for guys
>>
>>46924104
See, my only problem is that when my players roll for something, I want a clear idea of what they're trying to do.

If I had a player rolling for that, I don't know if I would want to have a clear picture.
>>
>>46924982
Girls like to make jokes about sexual things that aren't necessarily their fetish, mind you.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 534x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 534x750
Rolled 5, 5 = 10 (2d6)

>>46925080 #
>Someone back me up!

Oh I got your back alright...
...now bend over, bitch!
>>
>>46925242
9, Good job anon. solid effort.
>>
>>46925242
>>46925080
Lets see, we'll be generous and say you've both done it before, -1 for first time together.

9, you did a sex and it wasn't terrible.
>>
>>46925201
What the fuck am I supposed to do then? How do I tell the not her fetish jokes from the actually her fetish jokes?
>>
>>46925301
A "solid" effort indeed!
>>
File: 1409643606721.gif (1 MB, 256x196) Image search: [Google]
1409643606721.gif
1 MB, 256x196
>>46920496
>>
>>46925326 #
Uh, like... maybe ASK her what she's in to?
>>
If the parties involved actually make an effort and want something out of it, the DM does it based on relevant stats, and then opposed rolls if someone wants to take the lead or dominance is tried to establish. Then we get just a brief description that feels like it's off a table. Some small benefits/xp are given if we care to roleplay it a little, to similarly give just a brief description, but that almost never happens. And of course all of this, is uncommon to happen in the first place.

Oh right also, if pregnancy is something that can happen between the parties involved as a result, it comes to a percentile roll with the persons trying to get within 10 of each other unless something would change that.
>>
>>46925435
That's like telling me I should detect enemy aircraft by looking skyward when I'm trying to figure out long-range radar. Nigga, we've only been on one and a half dates and so far she seems like the kind of girl who isn't going to put out until I put a diamond ring on her finger (as a side note, she also seems like the kind of girl who's completely worth the wait). Asking about fetishes isn't an option right now.
>>
>>46923613
So much this.
>>
>>46925537
Soooooo... wait?
>>
>>46925537
The fuck, meant to link
>>46925467
>>
>>46925537
If she's the kind to wait she's not the kind to make cute kink jokes on her sheet. See how she reacts to Rope of Entanglement though, charm spells, playing matchmaker for the mayor's daughter with several suitors, belts of gender change, etc.
>>
>>46921870
This is a dumb table for anybody who knows anything about simple die probabilities. Assuming two individuals who are average in all regards (say a married couple), the sex is usually going to be awkward to some extent. And if sex wasn't typically a fun thing to do then birth rates wouldn't be as extensive.
>>
>>46924948
If only you'd arrived sooner.

>>46923613
I dunno, if it's an absolute, no-alternatives choice between those extremes, I'd choose the rollplayers over people just there to get off any day. At least with the first group, everyone's in agreement we're here to play a game, not explore Dave's kinks with Toril as the means.

I mean, I'm obviously biased but I don't really see why anyone would disagree. If you order a pizza and get a meh pizza, it's not the end of the world. If you order a pizza and they deliver a newspaper, sure it might be more interesting than the pizza, but it's not what you wanted nor would you have any desire to order from that place again.
>>
>>46920447
I fade to black, but i do a few extra rolls for "role play" like a percentile for if npc and pc enjoyed it and a d6 on how many hours it lasts. the d6 only counts if they were trying to get a full nights sleep but because they were busying being balls deep in a squealing hog they werent able to get the full amount of time so they either wake up sore/tired or might not get there spells.

but of course i factor other things into it as well, i dont want to keep it out of the game but i dont want to into magical realm.
>>
>>46920447
Is the character trying to gain position by sleeping their way to the top? Are they making money as a prostitute?

If the character's performance actually matters to the story, then a role would be appropriate. What sort depends on the system. GURPS actually has a skill for that. There's no reason to bother with a check if they're just picking someone up at the bar, or getting busy with their significant other.
>>
File: 1456012745730.jpg (96 KB, 543x799) Image search: [Google]
1456012745730.jpg
96 KB, 543x799
>>46920489
I would say the the opposite. Why would you leave important things up to the dice? So that the players have no real agency?
>>
File: mod_overlord.png (26 KB, 1102x327) Image search: [Google]
mod_overlord.png
26 KB, 1102x327
>>46920496
>>
File: 1426478641812.jpg (41 KB, 352x500) Image search: [Google]
1426478641812.jpg
41 KB, 352x500
>>46920496
Why else would "Use Rope" be its own skill? Then there are the whips in the equipment list, that we all know aren't actually useful as weapons. . .
>>
>>46924982
It's sure worth a try
>>
>>46926689
>thinking that rolling for important things leaves players without player agency
Agency is the method of how the players deal with the situation, not the results of how they deal with the situation.
Sure, different methods might entail different results, but that's not the point.
>>
>>46926855
I always assumed those were for being Indiana Jones or Simon Belmont.
>>
>>46927051
Theyre both poon hounds
>>
File: 1381685404305.gif (797 KB, 844x475) Image search: [Google]
1381685404305.gif
797 KB, 844x475
>>46920447
>It's time.... TO SEX that sexy Elf chick you picked up. With sex.
Alright, roll me Initiative.
Okay. Rack your brains for how to approach her. Give me a raw intelligence check.
Time to undress her and take off that underwear. Give me a Disable Device check.
Mmm. You're taking a good look at her raw goods now. Give me an Appraise check.
Oh shit! You still have a dirty smear on your hand from that dead goblin! Give me a Sleight of Hand check to rub it off before she notices.
Okay. You're rubbing her down. Give me a Perception check. Don't ask me why, just do it.
Hmm. Now that you see the cracks, can this bed really sustain all of this action that you're about to release? Roll me Knowledge: Engineering.
Whoa! That bed was barely able to hold a single person! While she's across the room unbottling another bottle of Elven wine, give me a Craft: Carpentry or Profession Carpentry to get ready to make a quick repair to the bed.
Alight. The bed is propped up with a few blocks of wood and a trashy romance novel. She hands you a glass of wine while sipping from her. Roll me Diplomacy for your best suave romance line.
Neat! She liked that. She turns her face away in a blush. Give me a Stealth check to surprise her.
Alright. You've pounced on her, and it's all happening now. No more useless rolls, I promise.
But oh shit! Her cat has wondered into the room! Before she notices, give me a Handle Animal check to scoot it out! You take a -5 penalty, because you can't speak while doing it, and can only signal with a single hand and your head.
Okay, the cats out... It's all good now... Mmm.... Okay, she's all happy and everything, give me a Climb check to get a better position.
Mmm... Okay, a few minutes later, her body is pressing down on your arms, and they're going dead. Give me an Escape Artist check.
Yup. Yup. Okay, time to impress her. Acrobatics check.
Alighty! She looks happy, but how happy is that? Sense Motive!
What? Yeah. This is a good use of time Jerry.
>>
File: ohboyherewego.jpg (120 KB, 630x623) Image search: [Google]
ohboyherewego.jpg
120 KB, 630x623
>>46927272
>>
>>46927272
Okay. It's a few hours later. Her body is still twitching, her skin is flushed and has stopped sweating. Her eyes can't focus. Those several Heal checks you made have established that this is a good thing.
You walk downstairs in her house to find something to snack on, but oh shit! In the streets outside, you can see some Elven guards, being led by young Elven guy that has a crush on her, (discovered by those Sense Motive checks you made last session,) and are approaching her house! Roll me Knowledge Local, History, Nobility and Religon to figure out why they're coming here.
Oh fuck! She's only 57, and the local age of consent is 110! Your ass is headed to jail! Unless.... Roll me three Wisdom checks, and two Intelligence checks to figure out a solution.
Okay. You only have a few minutes before they bust down the door. Time to fix this. Give me two Disguise checks for both you and her, a Perception check to search her room for age related evidence, Knowledge Local and Nobility for how older Elves dress, and then a Linguistics check to forge her Identification papers.
Okay, they busted down the door, and are surprised to find you wearing a red sleeping robe, smoking a pipe, don't notice the ashes used to gray both your and her hair, and don't see through your facial hair assembled from cat hair. They are impressed with her dress and jewelry of a proper Elven noble lady. Give me Sense Motive, Bluff, Diplomacy, Knowledge Local and a half-assed Intimidate to get them to leave.

Okay. Congratulations. After two hours of gameplay Jerry, you have sexed her. I hope that wasn't too boring for the rest of you guys.
>>
>>46925537
>>46925799
Be careful, though! If you're DMing for her, do your best not to come off as inviting her to enter your magical realm.
>>
Is it somehow important? Then roll... which means 99.999999% of the time, the results are whatever... the story is about our heroes. We rarely ever see the hero as any hinges but incredibly successful in bed in the books and movies that inspire us so I default to the characters having an extremely satisfying encounter... and leave it at that.
>>
>>46927512
>Elf women are physically incapacitated for multiple hours by a good orgasm
Well then. No wonder they breed rarely. That sounds incredibly inconvenient.
>>
>>46927512
>>46927272
This is why you involve the whole group in the job.
>>
>>46927272
I dunno about your group, but if my GM did that we'd be in stitches.
>>
File: 3628763.jpg (189 KB, 1250x850) Image search: [Google]
3628763.jpg
189 KB, 1250x850
>>46928201
Elves often flip that fact back on us and declare all human women to be sluts because they can take one man right after the other.
>>
>>46928527
They do know we have monogamous marriages and whatnot, right?
>>
>>46928653
Yes, but doesn't stop them from accusing all human wives of infidelity. As if such a thing never happens to some elves and other races.
>>
>>46920447
Why...

Just leave and go to /soc/ already
of fucking have sex IRL you cucks
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.