[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: Liberator.jpg (237 KB, 813x1058) Image search: [Google]
Liberator.jpg
237 KB, 813x1058
>resources
pastebin.com/J3Nv182k

It is WAAAAAAGGHH!! edition

GW outsource the pool system to own fanbase, is it wonderful? If they can the system update frequently(monthly?), you can need to afraid of WAAC list, becasue you don't need to wait 3 years until the nerfhammer hit.
>>
Based President Kroak giving us Kroak-care (point system)
>>
Reposting

>bought 2 boxes of Terradon riders at 25% off, planning on building 6 Ripperdactyls
>order came in today
>browsing local kijiji
>found 6 Ripperdactyls for almost 50% off today

I currently have no Terradons. Are they any good?

Should I build 6 terradons and then buy the Ripperdactyls?
>>
>Optional points system
Good luck finding an open game again ever, when was the last time you played Unbound 40k...
>>
>>46900669
Let's hope they make scenarios that blatantly favor one side over the other, making it clear that you can't play them as points matches
>>
>>46900669

To be clear here- The points system is equivalent to 40k unbound. No HQ and 2 troops, no FOC, just take what you like within a points limit.

"Open" is some kinda crazy super-unbound where you don't even keep to a vague pretence that both armies bring roughly the same force to bear.
>>
>>46900669
Loads when it suits our campaign or scenarios. Pick up games will probably use them because it's simpler and fairer. But with mates why worry?
You don't have to play people who insist on points.

Community mare and regularly updated rules could actually make AoS one of the most balanced games GW have ever done. Exciting times.
>>
>>46900792
*pickup games will use points
*made not mare
>>
>>46900792
Don't get me wrong, I'm hopeful for the future, but if they handle it badly it's just going to be awful. Just look at the winning SCGT lists....

I'm just really worried that I won't be able to play with the models I love and the list I like because they will be overcosted for what they do and just get crushed every time.
>>
>>46900854
Plus, so much of AoS relies on synergy, it's going to fuck up SOMEWHERE. If I have a fluffy list with no synergy, I'm going to get fucked every time, even with equal points.
>>
>>46900854
Fucking Beastmen, Bretonnia, and Tomb Kings players were winning 8e comps over some of the most broken shit in any Warhammer, ever.

You can win with anything, if you are actually a better player.
>>
How do you guys feel about manglers in AOS?
>>
>>46900898
And if I'm a shit player just looking for fun games I'm SOOL.
>>
Goblin Big Boss on Gigantic Spider
30 Forest Goblin Spider Riders
3 Arachnarok Spider with Spidershrine
3 Thundertusk
Stonehorn

Ah yes, a nice fluffy list of spider riders and mammoths.

The Glottkin
Skarbrand
Verminlord Deceiver
Rotbringers Sorcerer
Lord of Plagues
40 Stormvermin
20 Putrid Blightkings
6 Warplock Jezzails
1 Plagueclaw
1 Soul Grinder

Skarbrand what are you doing here did you get lost?

Third one at least has a semi-rational allied detachment but good god.
>>
>>46900950
What are you talking about, mammoths are super fluffy.
>>
>>46900631
Point is, its almost impossible to completely balance a wargame. Too manu variables, too many units and stats-add dice to the equation and you'll see it. even the most regarded and balanced, warmachine, in reality works only when two players play meta lists, as its FULL of literally useless units. the whole point of Aos was "take what you want and have fun", I don't want the 40k like "take what you like and LOSE, BUY MORE IMPERIAL KNIGHT AND FLYERS YOU LOSER"...
>>
Points Systems are a Pandora's Box. Once its out and "official" you can't undo it.
Even though it's supposed to be for tournaments of whatever, we all know it will seep down into casual games.
The points system will become the norm, at least here in America where if you can't make something competitive and beat your opponent, then it's not "fun."
Our culture is addicted to competition.
>>
>>46900950
Geez, people have no imagination, it's time to forge your narrative more u silly.
>>
>>46900978
>>46900982
This is exactly why I'm worried. Everyone who I've won or lost to has HAD FUN. My list looks cool because I've put love into painting it because I like the models, I'm not there to win. I just want to play with THESE models.
>>
>>46900982
>ven though it's supposed to be for tournaments of whatever, we all know it will seep down into casual games.
>The points system will become the norm,
exactly my point. And i fear it. It kinda kills the whole Aos point of "play what you like".
>>
>>46900982

Amen brother.
>>
>>46900920
Its a game, you start as a shit player and get better at it.

If something favors everyone equally, its not a game. Just a gamble with as much complexity as a raffle.
>>
>>46900995
That was a result of points systems lol.
>>
Also, with a points system you are just trading one problem for another!

Whether or not you're being a dick or a good sportsman is turned into a debate over whether something is properly balanced.
The game just got ruined because now I won't be able to take one thing because I like it, it will always be a determination of "how useful is it in terms of its points cost"
God damn it.
>>
>>46901024
Yes and? How do points stop narrative?
>>
>>46901029
>I'm not a dick for taking 5 Stardrakes, GW is a dick for making them cost too few points.
>>
>>46900753
Thats exactly what we want. I dont want to have to take core units again unless I actually want the models.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 500x323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 500x323
>>46900982
>Our culture is addicted to competition

You can always take your pinko communist views to play with your buddy Kim. I'll bet he'll let you use your Power Rangers colored six Nagash's.
>>
>>46900662
Teradons are aces, I'd seriously consider getting at least one unit (with sunleech bolas, always with sunleech bolas). Killing your foe's special snowflake by dropping rocks on his head will never stop being funny.
>>
>>46901043
>Yes and? How do points stop narrative?
Because now they have justification for taking a list like that and saying it's balanced against whatever I take instead of us talking for 5 min beforehand about what would be fair or not.
>>
>>46901044
I have 4 star drakes but only because the extremis chamber bonuses are fucking sweet
>>
The announcement of points has somehow managed to make both sides equally angry, it's beautiful.
>>
What are some third party alternatives to Stormcast?
>>
>>46901093
Chronopia Firstborn mebbe? That's all I could really find from google.
>>
>>46901069
And before someone could have taken the exact same list justifying it as "that's the models I have and like" or "AoS is not supposed to have pitched battles all the time"

The answer before was to not play against him or to discuss a compromise
The answers with points are not to play against him or to discuss a compromise

Points are an instrument for balance
Balance is an instrument for competition
Yet you can have balance without competition
What you don't want is competition, stop blaming points

with points you can either use them as they are should they be perfectly assigned, use them as loose point of reference or completely ignore them
points are objectively better than lack of points
the flaws come from the players
>>
>>46900950
>1 Plagueclaw but no monks
>Random Verminlord
>Fucking Skarbrand
>That entire list

Fuck all these cunts cherrypicking the 'best' units.

They need to implement a 'stick to your own overarching keyword' rule. Or you should be forced to take at least a unit and a hero first.

I have 0 respect for anyone picking in this way, and even less for the people who mix the 4 factions. Total Waacko faggots
>>
>>46901193
>the flaws come from the players
>>
>>46900911
They're pretty nasty actually. I have a pair, and my opponent elected to charge a unit of 5 liberators into each, thinking he could take them down with ease due to the monsters bonus and buff from a celestant. The manglers both killed their attackers with ease in a couple rounds.

Of course you need to be wary of shooting, 5+ save and 10 wounds is relatively squishy compared to monsters of equally killiness.
>>
>>46901093
Dreamforge Eisenkern Valkir -troopers?
>>
>>46901197
That woud work only if you have 2 lists and you don't see them before the game starts
In Aos you see opponents army and you can discuss the list.
Usually battlepnas involve fielding ONE unit at a time taking turns with the opponents, o its even easier to balance it. With points it all just goes down on who has the most performing units point wise.
>>
File: morpheus.jpg (98 KB, 1482x797) Image search: [Google]
morpheus.jpg
98 KB, 1482x797
Pic Related is how I feel about trying to get players to understand that you don't need a points system to have fun.
People are just clinging to what they know. Freedom is scary.
>>
Anyone have a good list of dragon minis? My GF loves to paint, and I convinced her to play with me so she has a fluffy/stupid list which is 3 dragons, some dwarves and a blonde elf sorceress as the leader of the army (super original)... We currently have the FW Carmine dragon and the Cave Drake from LoTR. Are there any good Dragon minis by GW or anyone else? I'm not a fan of the reaper ones and that's all I've found so far which are halfway decent.
>>
>>46901066
Are the rocks really that good?

Ripperdactyls seem incredible at demolishing units in a charge with extra attacks on hits, rerolling hits + wounds, and the blot toad giving them bonus attacks.
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 276x183
>>46901368
Also, picture definitely related
>>
>>46901222
should the points not be perfect for all situations players will be confronted with the choice of following the imbalance provided by points or to find a compromise

since choosing the imbalance is not forced in absence of a competitive scene like a tourney, the flaw derives from the players
>>
>>46900753
I am 200% okay with this
>>
>>46900950
FAAC are just as bad as WAAC
>>
>>46901081
It makes stupid people angry. Everything makes them angry.

Stop turning AOS into a "us vs them" scenario, there are many shades of grey here
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 500x667
>>46901368
Except people have different ideas of what is fun, which is why the entire human race doesn't have the same hobby.

Its great you like it, but clearly most people did not.

Inability to understand that is, I kid you not, a sign of autism.
>>
>>46901368

Son, I don't give a rat's ass if I can have fun with a low quality product with a high buy in cost. For the amount this company charges, they should provide a high quality, polished ruleset.
>>
>>46901532
"Most people"

Stats please.
>>
>>46901579
What is this need to have two "balanced" armies going head to head?

War is rarely, if ever, balanced.
>>
>>46901620
>iron dome is op nerf israel plz
>>
>>46901417
I think you're wasting your time anon. He's just shitposting at this point.

>>46901417
>the flaw derives from the players

It's all he's going to do from now on.
>>
>>46901620

It's a game, son. Not a war, a wargame. Both components of the compound word? Both relevant.
>>
>>46901665
Right, so why do you always need to have a perfectly matched army?

There's so much more to this game than kill the enemy general or occupy a zone on the board.

There's plenty of great games to be played involving scenarios that don't depend on both sides being equally matched but apparently you don't think that's fun. You only seem to want point-for-point equal armies.
>>
>>46901584
Everyone who played at the tourneys that GW is now restructuring Age around.

Or are they just the minority that GW gives more of a fuck about than you and you are not their target audience?

Either way you're having to bluepill yourself to believe your way is the Games Workshop way. Instead, you're stuck with the Fantasyfags as the unsupported relics trying to be relevant.
>>
>>46901727
I'm one of the players who was happy with the current state of AoS before all the tourneyfags complained that it needed points.
>>
>>46900982
Boy am I glad I don't live in your country.

Not just so I don't have to put up with whole rooms full of WAAC sore losers, but so I don't have to put up with you whining about it against all reason either.
>>
>>46901081
I duno, I see a lot of whining about a points system and a few people trying to calm them down who eventually get sick of bothering.
>>
>>46901712
>Right, so why do you always need to have a perfectly matched army?
You don't always need a perfectly matched army. AOS is great at setting up narrative/scenario battles

But people also want to play more even battles and unfortunately the current rules do not support that.

Adding an optional point system gives people the option to do both. It is the best of both worlds.
>>
File: 'merica.png (279 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
'merica.png
279 KB, 500x369
>>46901757
Happy he doesn't live in the greatest county on Earth...
>>
>>46901790
>Adding an optional point system gives people the option to do both. It is the best of both worlds.
So long as people don't force people into playing points, yeah.
>>
>>46901712
>Right, so why do you always need to have a perfectly matched army?

The best games are the ones where both sides are beaten, battered and down to a few men. If there's no balance, then that's far less likely to occur.

You wanna run an ongoing narrative campaign? That's just lovely sweetheart, but having enough people interested to sign on to that and make it enjoyable is -not- remotely the norm. Wargames ain't tabletop rpgs, with the less personalised view following armies instead of individuals, the violence is the number one priority. You ain't gonna get much of a detailed story out of a depersonalised format, just broad strokes.
>>
>>46901816
I guess at the end of the day it still comes down to what each player wants and you just gotta hope people don't act like dickbags
>>
>>46901368
Literal autism.

You can''t handle being blown the fuck out with rational argument so you resort to samefagging and fucking reaction images.

Fuck you. You're the problem with this hobby, you fat slovenly neckbeard manchild cunt. Not the points system.
>>
>>46901816

As they fucking should. Outside of -carefully constructed narrative games-, getting steamrolled is joyless.

Showing up to an average match with mismatched armies ain't a constructed narrative game, it's an aimless slaughter.
>>
>>46901792
Yeah mate I'm jealous of all your obese mass murderers in waiting. Maybe you can put them in your bloated prison system so they aren't a drain on your failing economy that your incompetent politicians can't get a handle on.

int/10
>>
>>46901792
>posts a picture of glorified seagull while defending "getting shot" -the country
>>
File: 221.gif (17 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
221.gif
17 KB, 320x240
>>46901925
>>
>>46901925
>"getting shot" -the country
had a healthy chuckle

that's a good one
>>
>>46901757
you're still dealing with it if you're posting in this thread , foreign bro.

gotta learn to live and let meesk or else you'll never enjoy life.

everyone's gotta learn to be thrillhouse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_exRMuMCrs
>>
>>46902043
Who am I kidding I might as well wear an Australian flag the amount I shitpost.

Wish my headphones were working. Replacement cable should arrive this week.
>>
>>46902017
I like the one where he just stands still.

OH THAT'S NOT A GIF
>>
>>46902219
Sorry I think my phone screwed it up.
>>
>>46901209
Its almost like they want to win a tournament or something.
>>
>>46902249
Yo nigga how have your recent battles gone with your Slannesh army? I forget your last update and wanted to see how your army's been doing.
>>
>>46900982
>US speaking of WAAC and destroying anyone in any game.

It's like you never had a chance to play with a Pole.
>>
>points are bad and you are forced to use them
>wanting balance makes you a waac tourneyfag
>AoS is a narrative game that encourages fluffy lists
>'core taxes' are bad
>points and balance interfere with narrative, flufffy play

Where do all these stupid myths even come from?

I spent years playing fluffy armies full of converted, named models and I love scenarios. But I still think its lazy and unacceptable to chuck out an unfinished game because you think your fans are desperate morons who will buy whatever you make.
>>
>>46902400
Core tax is objectively bad design

They are like Land cards in MTG. Nobody wants to fucking play them, but the game design forces you to.

Continuing that analogy, Core units should be more like how Quest/Location cards worked in the WoW TCG.
>>
>On Faeit 212
via TheInsider on Faeit 212 from the Comments Section (big thanks for chiming in again)
It will be released through free pdf,s the "points system" will be in list format.
The gaming systems have been built around interactions with event and GW stores from around the world.
GW are listening.
AoS has overtaken WFB and is up there with 40k for sales and interest.
GW realise it has had a rocky start but expected this.
AoS is an evolving game made with the player and fun mind.
As for the "haters" GW could not care less about what you think and are very happy to see you go.

(I was the person who first told Natfka about points coming for AoS around two months ago.)

I can now add.
The different styles of play are very exciting indeed (And may well be used for the future addition of 40k.)
My favorite is the Narrative system which allows you to build your own Warlord and carve out your own territory in the 9 realms!
GW will move away from drip releases and start to put releases out in bulk.
The Start collecting box's are the first step in a long line of cheaper ways to begin AoS/40k and GW will increase this and release boxed games and such to allow easy and cheaper start up and more fun for different types of gamer!
GW are very aware of the toxic part of the community and no longer wish to be associated with it.
The move back into the community with the FB pages is the first step towards a healthy creative and fun community which they hope will encourage new players and keep older players involved (YES the GW love in has begun!)
This year is going to be big for AoS and 40k alike (The former rumour from a very dubious source about this year being the year of AoS is nonsense this year is the year of Games Workshop! Expect great things friends)
Your local GW managers will be given a lot more info in the future!
>>
>>46902491
>nobody wants to play them

Anybody who bitches about core taxes then says AoS is a narrative game is a fucking hypocrite yet I see it all the time.

Why the hell would someone play O&G, Bretonnia or Lizardmen if they don't want to play orcs/goblins, knights or lizardmen?

If I build an army I want it to look like a god damn army. I wouldn't play 40k then bitch my Imperial Guard army needs Guardsmen in it.
>>
>>46902595
>AOS has taken over whfb
>up there with 40k in sales and interest

Shitposters on suicide watch
>>
>>46901209
Heres a draft list 100 wounds lol

Be'lakor (8)
5 hellstriders (10)
5 hellstriders (10)

Hellebron(5)
35 Bleakswords(35)
8 Harpies(8)

2 treelords (24)
>>
>>46900950
>40 stormvermin when you can field 80 clan rats
>no Stormfiends
>A soul grinder
>>
>>46902606
What in the fuck are you talking about

Infantry should be taken because it is useful and desired for strategic reasons, not forced into an army list so that GW can make more money.
>>
>>46902310
My last was against a Dark Elf Pirate Queen. She sent her Harpies crashing into my Knights, but she quicklyrics found out that unsupported harpies cannot kill the glorious lancers of the most beautiful prince. Her corsairs and Self crashed against The Fabulous Lord of Slaanesh, but in the end she yielded up a Victory to me, aso she found herself yielding to my glory.
>>
>>46902595
>GW are very aware of the toxic part of the community and no longer wish to be associated with it.

What does he mean by this?
>>
>>46902491
>Core tax is objectively bad design
Point for balance is a bad design in a wargame. It does not work and there will ALWAYS be units better point/wise
>>46902400
>I spent years playing fluffy armies full of converted, named models and I love scenarios
You didn't, or you will know how hard is to have fun with a fuffy army in games with points.
I made fluff armies in 40k because everyone said so and regretted it, its just NOT fun. Points are literally the worst possible balancing method. GW should have gone with something more original.

Guess only time will tell, I guess. I just hope GW continues to regrd narrative games as the main focus of Aos.
>>
>>46902606
Because they want an all-chariot army?
Because they want an army that is just seven hella badass knights?
Because they want a kroxigor army?
>>
>>46902692
What are YOU talking about? I take the core units that fit my army concept or because they look good/fit the fluff.

And that's rich, AoS is nothing but the most cynical and obvious cash grab GW has done recently.

>>46902710
Having standards and not being a fanboy willing to throw money at shit makes you toxic.

>>46902759
Yet DOZENS of games make it work. GW being incompetent does not justify AoS or make it a good game.
>>
>>46901752
Then you now know you are not GW's target audience.

Go sit in the corner. Buy models, then go back to the corner.
>>
>>46902832
All chariot army is the best of all time. It's the only reason I'm not playing 40k.

3x Gorebeast Chariot
2x Flaming Chariot of Tzeentch
1x Herald on Burning Chariot.
>>
>>46902759
>It does not work and there will ALWAYS be units better point/wise
It will never be 100% balanced but as long as every unit is viable (ie: useful in some way) then that's all that matters. Warmachine does it reasonably well - I can't think of a unit that is strictly worse than any other unit, they are all useful in their own way.

The biggest problem with GW balance in the past is that they derived the point values from some combination of the unit stats, which didn't take into account unit synergies. The other big problem was that they had to publish a new codex if they ever wanted to make a tweak to the unit, which could take 5+ years sometimes.

A living document of online rules is seriously the best thing that could ever happen to Warhammer
>>
>>46902884
>What are YOU talking about? I take the core units that fit my army concept or because they look good/fit the fluff.

That's exactly why you SHOULD take them. Being forced to take them because you need 25% of your army to be trash units that don't fit the vision of your forces is exactly what is wrong with the Core Tax concept.
>>
>>46902400
Games Workshop points are bad since they can't into sensible balance
>>
>>46901752
>tourneyfags

Do you people honestly think this or are you so desperate to defend AoS you just lash out at people who demand a functional game?

Points benefit everyone and a game with them is better than one without them. Its easier to ignore the point system with friends than do all the playtesting to make a game functional yourself.
>>
>>46902918
>Warmachine does it reasonably well
Warmachine has lots of useless units that no one uses unfortunately. It's really balanced if you pick the meta lists but there are lots of useless models.
>A living document of online rules is seriously the best thing that could ever happen to Warhammer

Totally agree.
>>
>>46900950
Isn't part of skarbrands fluff that he kinda just shows up sometimes since they can only shunt him off to another plane and not kill him?
>>
>>46902931
There should still be a minimum number of core units to keep armies feeling like armies. They are not 'trash' for not being giant monsters or super elite badasses. They are the normal members of your force.

And before GW fucked up the game there were plenty of variant army lists that let people take themed armies.

>>46902936
That means we should demand better rules, not praise them for giving up.
>>
>>46902984
>There should still be a minimum number of core units to keep armies feeling like armies.

Not if the core units don't fit your force. An all-wight army doesn't feel more like an army if you're forced to shove a bunch of skeletons or zombies into it. A giant family army isn't improved by adding orcs or goblins.
>>
File: 1443879583483.gif (1 MB, 392x400) Image search: [Google]
1443879583483.gif
1 MB, 392x400
>>46902706
>>
>>46903104
Aren't grave guard infantry?
>>
File: DUBt.png (29 KB, 300x162) Image search: [Google]
DUBt.png
29 KB, 300x162
>>46902595
>AoS has overtaken WFB and is up there with 40k for sales and interest.
Either they are overstimating the projected sales in comparison with the interest (which also includes shitpost), taking all sales to be AoS sales without considering how many of them were panic-buys for WHFB, using only their official stores to see whether or not AoS has taken in opposition to WHFB, 40k is tanking hard or any mix of the orevious.

Because it seems really strange for them to be drawing these kinds of conclusions without marketing researches to explore the reality outside of their bunkers; on the other hand they are the only ones with their own complete data sales.

I guess we will see next public release of sales data.

Glad to see GW taking a new direction.
I still can't get over the loss of the old world though, rules are of secondary importance.
>>
File: 1452721913060.jpg (14 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1452721913060.jpg
14 KB, 184x184
>>46903104
>all wight army
>skeletons not fitting force

Surely you jest
>>
File: 1448585630167.jpg (29 KB, 353x350) Image search: [Google]
1448585630167.jpg
29 KB, 353x350
>>46902595
>this year is the year of Games Workshop!

What a time to be alive, my friends.
>>
>>46903237
I wasn't going to touch that part...
>>
>>46902595
This is the equivalent of the abusing husband bringing flowers to her battered wife after "sobering" up upteenth time, promising that he's a changed man. A week later he break down and domestic violence ensues.
>>
>>46903193
Well, it's only one store, and what he says is more about interest than sales numbers, but have a listen to the question at 5:00 in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6-t_0riv60
>With warhammer 40k it's so popular that if you turn up wanting a game, they say they can fit you in if you come along a month from now
>"We're seeing the same thing with age of sigmar"
>"We're not seeing that for other games like x-wing and warmachine and warhammer fantasy"
There's definite interest there. That it's considerably more popular at that store than x-wing is impressive given x-wing is said to be the new big dawg on the block.
>>
File: 1347636635261.jpg (16 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
1347636635261.jpg
16 KB, 624x352
>>46903193
>taking all sales to be AoS sales without considering how many of them were panic-buys for WHFB,

It's a fair point. Me personally since AoS has been released, I bought a AoS starter and then panic bought $500 worth of Brets, Empire, and Dark Elves. It's definitely an issue.
>>
>>46903550
le abusive husband meme XD
>>
>>46903587

I've bought... Four packs of Sisters of the Thorn for my busty centaur army, and one Necrosphinx because fuck if I'm never owning one of those.
>>
>>46903578
X wing is Star Wars liscensed , of course it'd sell
>>
>>46902884
>Yet DOZENS of games make it work
name those DOZENS.
Only one i can actually think of is infinity, where almost every unit is viable.>>46902918
>Warmachine does it reasonably wel
absolutely NOT. Warmachines is incredibly balanced and satisfying when played with meta lists. A LOT of units are incredibely useless and literally unplayable. You cant go casual with warmach/hordes, otherwise you are going to have a bad time.

Also, can someone explian to me the x wing meme? the game is decently played but its nowhere near warhammer as popularity. Also it tends to get repetitive very fastand it doesn't seel that much, considering you only need like 3-4 ships to play...also, its even more overpriced than warhammer. The paint on the mini its utter garbage and the details are pretty bad.
>>
>>46903737
Star Wars
It's a normie magnet
>>
>>46903737
>Also it tends to get repetitive very fastand it doesn't seel that much, considering you only need like 3-4 ships to play.

keke you have to keep up with the new releases because of power creep
>>
>>46903737

>it doesn't seel that much, considering you only need like 3-4 ships to play...

I guess 40k doesn't sell that much since you only need 500 points to play ?
>>
>>46903826
actually, you need 1500, that's the standard play.
im not saying its a bad game, i like it and had fun times, but nost ship feels the same with just slightly differences between them. I really love movement trays, they really add some skills to the games but imho its a lot more a hit-n-run game and shouldnt really be compared to warhammer.
>>46903812
>you have to keep up with the new releases because of power creep
fai point.
Armada seems more interesting anyway, haven't got the chance to try it tho, almost no one plays it here.
>>
>>46903307
Oh man I've been up for so long that image looks like it's moving. What the fuck am I doing with my life?
>>
>>46900669
>>46900854
>>46900920
>>46900978
>>46900982
>>46901011
>>46901021
>>46901024
>>46901010
>>46901029
>>46901069
>>46901298
>>46901368
>>46901415
>>46900617
Can all the salty old AoS people stop shit posting and let us discuss the new improved version of the game. The old way wasn't selling enough so it's natural GW did this, if you like old AoS YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT MORE when you had the chance.
>>
Why are y'all responding to the lone autist who is shitting up the thread? He's like the lone ranger only his weapon is being fucking retarded at you and having bad breath and BO.
>>
>>46903991
Like this. This is bait.

This does not qualify for genuine response. Just stop. You know you have it in you to just not reply to the obvious bait and make the thread a better place.
>>
>>46904022

>One person hates AoS

Captain, he's overloading the delusion capacitors! I think we're going to have to eject the dumbass core!
>>
A lot of us agrees on points are bad.
Other don't. Lets keep this for when we will actually see them(can't do much about it anyway)and lets focus on the rest. I mean, there's some REALLY cool shit ahead)if these rumors are true.
This is what make me more excited:
>>46902595
>Narrative system which allows you to build your own Warlord and carve out your own territory in the 9 realms!
I just finished crafting my own warlord and started painting him today, and it just fits what i want from Aos perfectly.
Would that mean personalized warscrolls?
>>
>>46902710
"diversity" and an end to WHITE MALE TERRORISM
>>
>>46904134
Could. Might be something like what I'm doing where you start with something basic and improve over time.
>>
>>46904131
Oh I see what you're doing. You're pretending to be retarded, not noticing that he's posting the same arguments time and again, and when one argument ends with him being proven irrefutably wrong he just starts another one. He was doing it in the last thread too.
>>
>>46904225
an exp table to make him stronger every battle would be amazing. im really curious about that
>>
File: Points.jpg (477 KB, 1903x861) Image search: [Google]
Points.jpg
477 KB, 1903x861
>POINTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5itq_79xQh0
>>
More from FB about Kroakcare

>Yes, anything that was in the Warscroll Compendiums will be supported.
>All the units in the Warscroll compendiums will be supported.
>Not for a few months yet, it will be this summer.

Looks like Bretonnians and Tomb Kings aren't 100% squatted just yet. It actually seems more likely that they will be brought back at some point.
>>
>>46904384
Kinda figured some TK would come buck in the sub factions maybe revised into some new form, as they were the overwhelming majority of Death's Ranged attack.
>>
>>46903578
Another thing we could consider is the nature of the game and its gamers though:
X-wing sells a lot, obviously because of the name, but we should also consider for this reason part of the buyers being "normies" rather than the traditional TT gamer we see for wargames like warmachine, hordes and 4ok, I assume; perhaps that's one reason that store doesn't see the same amount of people searching for x-wing games either the game is popular enough for independent groups to form or that the gamers aren't the kind looking for strangers in clubs to play with.

Applying a similar reasoning for AoS and fantasy we will see that they are now recruiting and mantaining players in their own different ways: fantasy will obviously have its isolated realities of consolidated players and little new blood coming in looking for random to play with, AoS on the other hand can recruit both individuals and small groups in the GW bunkers or online which coupled with the novelty of the game has perhaps less consolidated, isolated groups and a way greater amount of newcomers looking for other players to join.

This without trying to advance any particular conclusion apart the actually baseless suggestion that the number of people looking for a game with other strangers is not a direct indication of the health of a community as a whole.

1/2
>>
>>46904573

Surely there's interest: everyone knowing fantasy will have known of AoS and perhaps downloaded its material (I remember once GW said they used the number of downloads or views on their site to roughly measure interest), even many people on the 40k side will have had a view of the shitstorm that was the release and become curious if not of getting into it in monitoring it; the problem here is that we have no clear indication of what they mean exactly as interest (newcomers? views? google searchs? sells? downloads?), interest will grow more as long as they continue supporting it, how much of that "interest" will be translated in incomes and players, though, is yet to see.

I believe they need to find some developers group to interest the more mainstream videogame crowd too, something like a more melee oriented arena "shooter"
>>
so is AoS dead now?
>>
>>46904606
Why would you think that?
>>
How do Seraphon deal mortal wounds? I'm facing a lot of 2+ armor saves in my local save
>>
>>46904673
My local scene*
>>
>>46903616
>implying it isn't true

H-h-he has changed, anon! I swear! I only wear these sunglasses to protect my eyes!
>>
>>46904573
>>46904593
>the problem here is that we have no clear indication of what they mean exactly as interest
Yes we do: number of people coming into the store looking to actually play the game. That's literally what he talks about in the video.

Seriously. If he'd said "AOS doesn't have much interest, you can come in and play straight away because there's always empty tables" you lots would be shouting it from the rooftops as evidence the game's a failure. He says the opposite. Deal with it.
>>
>>46904673
Salamanders come to mind.
>>
My local GW still has one of the big Clan Pestilens boxes. The deal seems pretty good, but are the Pestilens models even any good? The Plague Monks and Censer Bearers seems really weak to me. Is there some synergy that I don't see?
>>
>>46904835
>That's literally what he talks about in the video.
The video, but the original source here >>46902595 doesn't specify what interest is and we have at least one case of GW measuring interest based on downloads and views of the material on their site (it should be in one of the first documents for shareholders after the arrival of AoS)

>You lot
If this discussion has to end into "You's" and "Us'" then I don't want to partecipate, good continuation.
>>
>>46904022
Not accepting ridiculous lies and lazy game design is autistic now?
>>
>>46904864
Ohh add Terradon Riders, rocks fall, they die.
>>
>>46904131
>>46904022
Regardless of arguemebts,don't you realize how childish and retarded you sound?
>random comment on breath and BO
>wow look at me i am talking like i am on a ship
Can't you talk without looking like you are 12 years old?
>>
>>46902595
Well colour me excited. If the Tower of Tzeentch boardgame comes out around that time I'm almost certainly going to spend an ungodly amount of money.
>>
>>46902595
>The former rumour from a very dubious source about this year being the year of AoS is nonsense

That was SadPanda who has a 100% rumor accuracy
>>
I'm not sure I understand the anger coming from this announcement. I'd argue that GW supporting all three styles of playing is great and validates every possible army and play style. I think that anyone complaining about the addition of a points system needs to take a step back and look at what points really mean in terms of games design. AoS's style of placing equivalent units puts the power of balance into the player's hands. It's up to the players to decide what's equal to what. What this means that, as long as both players are rational and know what unit does what, nothing is ever over or undercosted. The issue with this system is that it requires one, or both, player(s) to want a fair and balanced game. As long as one player has enough knowledge of the game system and isn't a WAAC, the system works. This is alleviated, somewhat, with scenarios that shift the focus from killing more units than your opponent, to other objectives. A points system puts the task of balance in the game designers' hands. They have to pick what a unit is worth and quantify it. Inevitably something is going to be under/overcosted. This is where GW's idea of a "living" system comes into play. If an issue in the points system came up in previous iterations, you'd have to wait until whatever book that unit was in to get updated. However, as long as the promise of a "living" document is kept, then this problem is menial, as any problems can easily be rectified on an online modifiable document.
>>
>>46905060
Are there any other good sources of mortal wounds or high rend? Terradons are a one time use for 1 attack per model and Salamanders also only have 1 attack per model
>>
>>46905207
I mean he basically says this year isn't just AoS, it's full of great releases in general, so there's no contradiction between them I can see. Sure SadPanda is accurate but it seems a bit throwaway either way.
>>
>>46905208
>I'm not sure I understand the anger coming from this announcement. I'd argue that GW supporting all three styles of playing is great and validates every possible army and play style. I think that anyone complaining about the addition of a points system needs to take a step back and look at what points really mean in terms of games design. AoS's style of placing equivalent units puts the power of balance into the player's hands. It's up to the players to decide what's equal to what. What this means that, as long as both players are rational and know what unit does what, nothing is ever over or undercosted. The issue with this system is that it requires one, or both, player(s) to want a fair and balanced game. As long as one player has enough knowledge of the game system and isn't a WAAC, the system works. This is alleviated, somewhat, with scenarios that shift the focus from killing more units than your opponent, to other objectives. A points system puts the task of balance in the game designers' hands. They have to pick what a unit is worth and quantify it. Inevitably something is going to be under/overcosted. This is where GW's idea of a "living" system comes into play. If an issue in the points system came up in previous iterations, you'd have to wait until whatever book that unit was in to get updated. However, as long as the promise of a "living" document is kept, then this problem is menial, as any problems can easily be rectified on an online modifiable document.
This is what I hope too. I'm hopeful and positive. GW seem to have started doing a lot of good stuff. I might actually start my AoS army if that's the case.
>>
AoS was never designed with points in mind
Any points costs will be arbitrary things
>>
>>46905163

>Hey nerd, why are you making nerd references in a nerd thread for discussing a nerd game, ya big nerd

Hilarity.
>>
>>46905237
Bastilladon. The searing beam is rend-3 and 2d6 attacks. Knights with Spears, Stegga. Anything on a Carnisaur, that's just from what I've faced
>>
>>46905408
Oops just checked the App, it's rend -1. 2 damage, 3 vs demons of chaos still 2d6 attacks.
Dread Saurian! How did I forget mega chompy.
>>
>>46905461
Dread Saurian or Mega Chompy if you will is a beast that gets 4 rend -3 attacks that hit and wound on 3+ and deal d6 damage.

When the other Fucker has to die accept no substitute.
>>
>>46905461
You made me go check the battletome, and it seems like Stegadon is Rend -3, seems legit.

Maybe I'll try running the Thunderquake Starhost to keep my Stegadon alive longer.

Skystreak Bow vs Sunfire Throwers? Seems like the former is great for adding ranged single target damage, while the latter is great at dealing with swarms. I can't decide
>>
>>46905718
Your talking to the wrong guy. My sister Plays Seraphon not me, I just end up hit by this stuff.
>>
>>46905718
I will say this, the Stars treat is good for monster hunting, how bad is this 2+ crap? Just a few key units, or are they spamming it over a whole army?
>>
>>46906081
>Starstreak
>>
After raging hard for the whole day, im okay with this and optimistic about the future. the hint at the new narrative system is GREAT and tingles my juzzles: create the warband around your own character? maybe exp sheet for campaigns? having you OWN place in the realms? Thats fucking great. People wants tournaments and point? they have it. We get narrative new stuffs. Looks great.
I just HOPE points games will not become the asbolute majority, that's all.
>>
>>46906567
That'S pretty much my impression.
Finally we get a point system for quick pickup games at the store, and we still can play narrativly in campaigns and such. Awesome.
Honestly, I wouldn't even mind the point system becoming the default, I can still play without it when playing with friends.
It all hinges on the quality of the system, obviously.
>>
>>46907115
Yeah pretty much. It's why I'm not as concerned about it. It being there could help, we shall see.
>>
Hey, I bought up the Start Collecting Malignants box and started painting that baby up. Just wondering where I should be going next, not familiar with AoS or Fantasy in the slightest.
>>
>>46907336
Skeleton Horde if you enjoy the undead.
>>
>>46907359
>Skeleton Horde if you enjoy the undead.
Or even two of those.
>>
>>46907336
Depends do you want a a good a count of common troops or a tough elite small band of troops
>>
>>46907459
Thinking of a small band of elites really, rather than a horde army.
>>
>>46907475
Blood Knights are great so you can always get the Skeleton Horde and use the Mortarch and Blood Knights and you'll get all the other models for essentially free.
>>
>>46907508
What should I be building the Montarch into? Since just looking them over I am finding it hard to pick on out.
>>
>>46907475
Black knights, grave guard, morghast. That I can think of off hànd.
>>
>>46907612
Whichever you think is cool, they are all good afaik. Not really a death player so can't tell you which is best.
>>
File: Nef+Ark.jpg (995 KB, 1995x2000) Image search: [Google]
Nef+Ark.jpg
995 KB, 1995x2000
>>46907612
As I said, buy two sets, build Arkhan and Neferata. Love can bloom.
>>
>>46907618
don't be a tripfag. that's just bad.
>>46907115
I still don't like points but hey, everyone's getting what they want.
I raged hard when i fisrt read the news but now I hink its just gonna spark some interest for nre people.
>>
>>46907766
NOT FUCKING CANON, not referenced anywhere outside Black Library and Arkhan's characterization is compketely different between BL and the true canon army books.

NefxArkhan>any other story, shit needs to be made proper canon.

Also, you can easily put Neferata behind Arkhan holding onto him with her knife hand while they do something akin to the Aladdin carpet ride.
You lose his sick cape though. You can put him behind Nef, but his reign-holding hand looks like he's holding onto her for dear life and you then have to leave off her awesome throne.

You could put her in his lap since she's kind of riding side-saddle, but they don't fit together well and her pope hat blocks his vision of where they're going. Him on her lap doesn't fit at all with his leg position.

With some modding you could make any of those work, but I prefer the minimum.
>>
>>46907971
And then the two leftover manfreds can each ride a steed that pulls a chariot in which an older metal manfred rides
>>
>>46907971
>NOT FUCKING CANON, not referenced anywhere outside Black Library and Arkhan's characterization is compketely different between BL and the true canon army books.
It's GW. Everything is canon.
>>
>>46902595

I love how the tards still fell for this obvious fucking trolling rofl
>>
remove sigmarines
>>
Yeah bros, we did it. AoS has actually surpassed 40k by the latest reports. GW is considering cutting 40k's shelf space in favour of more orruks and bloodbounds.

When the Stardrakes are outselling the Space Marine range you know your game is the future.
>>
Is there a warscroll for the anvil of doom for the dispossessed or is it just the legacy scroll for Thorek? I know I can still use his scroll was just curious if another existed in the Grand Alliance Order book.
>>
>>46908196
[Citation Needed]
>>
>>46908162
What, you want the game to just be about Archaon?
>>
>>46906081
It's big named characters like Mannfred and such

They get mystic shield and my regular units can't do shit
>>
>>46908211
From what I was reading last night ( helping a friend use all his old Dwarfs as well, he's got an Anvil) is you can only simply run it as legacy Thorek, even if he ain't.

Wish they made a separate scroll anyways.
>>
>>46908329
Yeah I feel the same it's a neat kit. Oh well cheers.
>>
>>46908196

Things that never happened for 500, Alex
>>
File: background.jpg (250 KB, 1209x841) Image search: [Google]
background.jpg
250 KB, 1209x841
>>46908196
If this is true, we should rename those Space Marines to Stormcast Eternals ripoffs.

Our God-King truly protects us m8s..
>>
>>46902400
>Where do all these stupid myths even come from?
Years of addiction to a game that was bad and unbalanced at core.
>>
>>46908135
There's nothing that unrealistic about what he said desu. And SadPanda said similiar stuff
>>
File: 1397911273455.jpg (78 KB, 666x968) Image search: [Google]
1397911273455.jpg
78 KB, 666x968
>>46908754

No notable rumour monger has said AoS is doing as well as 40k. In fact several of them are saying its doing worse than WHFB was.
>>
>>46908655
It isn't.
>>
>>46908817
I mean no one really knows about the sales, but the rest seems reasonable. I'd personally doubt it's doing worse than WHFB but they wont release figures so who knows.
>>
>>46908253
What do you normally take?
>>
File: 20160425_191324.jpg (4 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160425_191324.jpg
4 MB, 4160x2340
Hearing about the point system made me visit my local GW.

How did I do /aosg/?
>>
>>46909399
Someone's keen! The start collecting box is amazing value, I might even have gotten two but all looks good :)
>>
>>46909399
I would have at least waited to have a look at the rules before paying GW's prices.
Lizardmen are dope minis though, so I can't really blame you.
>>
>>46909399
And just in case that is really your picture, I'd consider taking it down since the name and address are visible.
>>
>>46909399
https://www.google.cz/maps/@43.2514854,-79.9372044,3a,75y,168.71h,94.89t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1smmdbnb__J-lG74KPX7tfcw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1
>>
>>46909399
Good on the minis, Lizardmen are great. Not so good on making your name and adress visible.
>>
File: 1431124859669.jpg (53 KB, 474x595) Image search: [Google]
1431124859669.jpg
53 KB, 474x595
>>46909399

>name and address clearly visible
>>
>>46909399
I'm going to mail you something dragon related to go with all those sweet new toys anon.

:^)
>>
>>46909669
Come visit me, we can play aos*

*In 3 weeks when Im done painting all this shit
>>
I want to play stormcast. Should I wait for the Start Collecting or just cave and get the 2 player starter?
>>
>>46909754
Get the starter, it's very good.
>>
>>46909754

Does anyone honestly think Stormcasties will ever get a SC set?
>>
>>46902706
So you ended up capturing her? Is this a narrative campaign?
>>
sup, Paul?
>>
>>46909399
Nice steal Paul
>>
>>46909900
Hope not, they should be making them for other races rather than focusing on the posterboys.

The starter kit is pretty good for what you get .
>>
>>46909902
God forbid it get that interesting.
>>
>>46909754
Stormcast will not get a SC! box for quite a while, none of the new armies do. The starter box is great, get one of those and see if you can't hawk off those bloodbound on someone else.
The Lord-Celestant on Drakoth is still the best general for the army, and the tempestos hammer, his best weapon, is only availiable in this box. However, see if you can't get a leftover shield to stick on his back.
Retributors are every sigmarine players darlings and in the running for top three best multiwound infantry in the game. Expect these guys to carry whole games by themselves.
Liberators are among the brickiest of brick infantry, but don't expect much offense from them. They're somewhat boring, to be honest, but they will hold the line and will eventually grind down most opponents when properly supported.
Prosecutors are speedy warmachine and hero hunters. They are surprisingly pillowfisted, so don't expect them to work miracles, but they can troubleshot where needed and look gorgeous.
The Lord-Relictor is ...ehh, okay, I guess. Never really liked the guy on the field. His heal is meh, his damage prayer is meh, his melee is meh. Part of a bunch of good battalions, though, and his model is very distinct and eye-catching.
>>
File: Agnes Unacceptable.png (122 KB, 746x508) Image search: [Google]
Agnes Unacceptable.png
122 KB, 746x508
>my SC! box only had 1 Saurus Knight base instead of 8
>>
>>46910371
Just call up GW on it. They're usually pretty good at replacing stuff
>>
Okay Aos General. The ability to take models with points piqued my interest. My interest is in the armies
>Chaos Warriors (Not Khorne Memebound)
>Vampire Counts (Skeletons)
>Goblins
>Dorfs
How viable are any of them?
>>
>>46910371
>>46911041
They might even give you a couple extra ones
If there's one thing GW's good at, it's making sure you're given what's advertised
>>
Any idea what the schedule for releases is? I'm sort of holding off on AoS until I see what they do with aelves. Not because I'll only play if they're cool but because I want to see things fleshed out before I jump in.
>>
>>46911585
we don't have the points yet so who the fuck knows
>>
>>46911736
I'm asking, as the game stands right now. I'm an Indecisive fag, so y'know. I have 40 old metal marauders, and that Start Collecting! box for the Chaos seems tempting.
>>
>>46909902
It is a narrative campaign. Sadly due to things, that whole round may be invalidated. Get back with the decision on that.
>>
>>46911769
It's where I started.
>>
File: goodnightsweetprince.jpg (210 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
goodnightsweetprince.jpg
210 KB, 600x400
We will never forget.
>>
>>46904573
>warhammer
>traditional TT gamers
Top fuking kek!
>>
>>46911769
>I'm asking, as the game stands right now
You mean the game with absolutely no points, no limitations so you can even field the same named character as many times as you want, where you can assemble a force from literally anything in the game in one army including Khorne's Daemons marching alongside Orcs and some High Elves.

It doesn't stand. There is absolutely no system of balance, and without any kind of limitation there's not really a way to evaluate.

In Fantasy you could say "well, Skeleton Warriors are better at durability than your Ghouls, but per points you'll do best with a Zombie Tarpit". In Age its pretty much "well, you can build a list for lore or you can take as many of Nagash as you can and then whatever else is tough and you can afford".
>>
>>46912023
Personally, im interested in seeing if I could get my friends (who have never once in their life touched a wargame) into getting into AoS. So far, they've only played MtG, but with the right incentives, they might hop in. How long do AoS games last? Also, heres what I have fantasy wise;

--1 Vampire Countress on foot
--1 Necromancer
--20 undead soldiers
--10 undead knights
--1 Skull catapult

What would add on to this army?
>>
>>46912507
I mean that is pretty good so far for AoS. Maybe if you wanted to get something monstrous like a Varghulf or something to tie it up would be swank.
>>
>>46912405
I dont really know how else to eplain this to youbut if those are those problems you have with AoS , the issue is not the game.

you're playing with dicks or you're a dick your self.
>>
No matter what you do, you cannot break a tournament minded player out of their desire to turn the game into a competition.
In their mind, points, list building, balance, meta, are all more fun than just playing the game. They need and want structure in the game to define what they can and cannot take. Saying "take whatever you like and try to make sure the game is enjoyable to your opponent" is like speaking a foreign language they don't understand.
>>
>>46912682
I'm not complaining about the game, I'm explaining why there's no concept of "is this good".

You can't explain why some options are better than others or what the meta is like when there is no limitations.

What is the meta like? Depends 100% on what your local players bring, because there's no fucking balance and no fucking armies
Are these models good? Depends 90% on how many of them you have and what else you have, because the only thing you have to do is have enough to counter what your opponent has. See above.
>>
>>46912633
>>46911769
Basically, pick a theme and run with it. Thats the best way to build a army in in this game, im not even kidding. In general, get a hero, some troops, and something to spice that up with. But other than that, it all depends on what you want to run and how.

Right now, im going for a exiled undead vampre duelist, who after having the dark curse bestowed upon her by her father figure king, cut down the rest of the court and left, raising her butchered guards as a vengeful army.
>>
>>46911585
Dorfs are durable. They all have good saves, almost all have access to shields, and they have nice synergies (the Longbeards buff your guys as well as your heroes, so you can erase a unit from existence per turn without any real difficulty).
Runelord gives you 1 to your rend on whatever unit you want to put it on. Most put it on Irondrakes since they already have 3/3/-1 ranged weapons (which they can fire twice if they don't move). The Warden kings command ability can target an enemy unit to add 1 to your wound rolls, so you are hitting on 3s, wounding on 2s with -2 rend against that.
One of the Longbeards abilities lets you use command abilities on a hero that isn't your general, so you can bring two warden kings to mark 2 units at a time.

Ironbreakers have a special rule to ignore -1 rend, as well as rerollable saves on a turn they didn't move, so they can tarpit most things really well while you either shoot it apart, or smash it to bits with some hammerers.

An interesting thing which most people miss, is the basic Dwarf Warrior units special rule give them +1 to wound during the enemies combat phase, so if your opponent is lucky enough to get a double turn (as the play order is randomised every turn), then he either has prioritise attacking those before something else, or they will stand a decent chance of causing decent damage.
>>
>>46912854

you sound like a MTG player that has to build their own deck instead of buying a championship one.

Because all models are useful what determines a winner is tactics kiddo.

Not how much money you spend to get some over powered battalion buff.

You cant buy your way to victory anymore, no wonder you dont enjoy the game.
>>
>>46903237
I don't know, seems like an all wight idea to me!
>>
>>46912941
He asked "Is my shit good", my response is "That's not something that applies in this game".

You're projecting.

>You cant buy your way to victory anymore, no wonder you dont enjoy the game.

I played fluffy lists actually, you cunt.
>>
>>46912984
yo not him but tell me about your fluffy lists ya duwango.
>>
>>46913024
...what?
>>
>>46913065
lol, retard
>>
>>46913024
tell me about the fluffy lists you played? Elaborate. Tell me the tale ya dingus.
>>
>>46913024
Ellyrion High Elves, Necrarch Vampire Counts, Nuln riot Empire, Night Gobbo army that I didn't finish when Age dropped and I haven't really had any desire to finish.
>>
Okay back...Work is done, time ti work on my stuff, let's see...what shall I do next, finish my Knights shields, or my Demon Prince, or maybe my sorcerer?
>>
>>46913347
Start on the sorcerer. Sorcerers are always pretty awesome. And did you get the results for your match
>>
>>46900617
So I just recently heard about the new point system, and I am worried it's not going to go well.

What would people's thoughts be though if the point system attempted to be super-simple though? Like, basic horde infantry being 1 point, more elite infantry being 3 or 4, and big monsters being 10 or so.

Basically about as vague as some of the current homebrew systems that divide things by wounds, but possibly splitting things up a bit more cleanly.
>>
>>46913312
So, you are one of those salty WHFB shitposters who mad because their generic fantasy died and fanmaded shit like 9th Age soon will be replaced by new AoS in all big tournaments?
>>
>>46913368
I did but as I said it might be wiped away. There was a cry from one of the players who is a Warmahordes player that without points he couldn't figure out the army comp. He went crazy and insisted on points so we agreed to use the SCGT points system.

Then hell broke loose...when the player I played against's army was rated at 14 points, mine at 25, The Vampire player at 24, and the guy with a dragon, a Reaper, and 10 crossbowmen was 32, and a Seraphon player was at 28.

So...yeah. Big talk about us scrapping the first round drafts, and restarting with what we would have taken with the points because the guy with the dragon was like "If I had points to worry about rather than 1 general and 2 units I wouldn't have taken something worth 2/3 of my points alone.

Needless to say...Epic crapstorm incoming.

Next post WIP on my knights...I'd finish them but with my airbrush needle bent I can't finish the armor just yet I think.
>>
>>46913424
I was answering a question about the meta.

The answer is "There is no overall meta, there's only your local scene".

Do you have a different answer, or are you just trying to keep a General that has no posts without shitposters alive by starting some shit with random people?
>>
>>46913734
It's ironic that shitposters from WHFB general (literally dead general now) talking about shitposting in AoS thread.
>>
File: 1461638882450-1353349627.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
1461638882450-1353349627.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Hope the lighting is good enough to see the purple metallic sheen
>>
File: coolunclegw.png (270 KB, 413x351) Image search: [Google]
coolunclegw.png
270 KB, 413x351
>>46904748
GW isn't like an abusive husband, it's like a cool old uncle who's wife died 10-15 years ago, leading him to become an alcoholic.

He's unreliable, unprofessional, but his drunken stumblings are sometimes humorous as he attempts to pass himself off as sober. Every now and then he tells you that he's done, he's off the booze and gonna get his life back together.

And part of you -wants- to believe it, wants to hope that the cool uncle you knew all those years ago is still in there, somewhere, if only he could just get rid of the booze. But every time he's let you down, and you can't bring yourself to believe it anymore. You've had to drag him out of enough bars, drunk as a lord, mumbling something about a 'Dreadfleet', to have any real hope anymore.

In addition, his alcoholism was only exacerbated by his swift marriage to some vacuous ninny named Kirby, who he's recently divorced. He's started up another relationship with some new girl named Rountree. Who knows? Maybe she can make him sober again.

I want my cool uncle back.
>>
>>46913818
hoo boi I see it sort of. How's painting with an airbrush? I've heard of people doing so and wondered how the techniques vary using it and how its better (or worse?) than using a brush and going hands on traditional?
>>
>>46913930
For one If I plan to do something with the Airbrush I can do it quicker. And two I can control (when my needle isn't bent) color density a lot better, and paint dries faster, and I can do some tricks to make myself look like a better painter. Still need to go in by hand to get the smaller details though but for things like large armor plants or large areas of one color like a cape, I can get those 75% done and then finish off with the manual brush in about 1/2 the time of just using the manual brush alone. As I get better at controlling air pressure, and maintaining the equipment things should start to look even better, but I'll still have to do some stuff by hand, like picking out fine details still, cuts my army painting time in half and paint is so thin I don't loose any detail.
>>
>>46914052
Sounds mighty swag. I'm currently gitting gud at painting for once in my life and turning it into a enjoyable hobby but as a first timer I've just been taking notes and getting advice and perspectives from and for different methods of painting.

The airbrush method seems pretty awesome and something I may get into when I accrue the funds.
>>
File: 14616404131691856371750.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
14616404131691856371750.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>46914127
It's worth it once you get used to it, here is something I did mostly with the Airbrush the skin tone took a bit of doing this is what I was working on when I discovered the bent needle.

I think I had the best luck with the spine tone in a long time
>>
>>46902595

>On Faeit 212 today

AoS is selling worse than WFB did, it's popularity is much lower, if GW don't reach out and get someone to start buying/playing do you think GW will support AoS for very long if it is actually making them less money than WFB did???

That's what this 3 ways to play is all about, they have got to try and appeal to a bigger market, because the market they selected (picked at random) is not spending enough money. Hence the very very early warning to sharholders despite having 2 very popular launches (BaC and DW:O) AND some well received 40k releases..... this should at least be some kind of indication of how much AoS tanked even for the most ardent fan of it.

Sales of AoS are poor, and it doesn't have a strong sales/customer base anywhere world wide. In some countries it is all but dead already, in others there is a small and slowly growing community, however these are not near the levels WFB had before it was decided to be scrapped (and this means sales BEFORE end times spike). The reception of the game from the wider community has been overwhelmingly negative, from the ruleset, to the background material.
>>
>>46914340
Hello whfb.
>>
>>46902595

This game is a narrative system it doesn't neeeed points.

Pleaseee gw stop this madness. I want my game with no WAAC at all. This game needs to be free from all the cancer that is points and 40k. 30k is even worse with its attempts at balance.
>>
>>46914340
>AoS is selling worse than WFB did
By Hasting, who hate AoS so much.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.