[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: 40kG Whurrface.jpg (392 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
40kG Whurrface.jpg
392 KB, 1024x768
Alektoro and Masklophobia edition.

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD'

>Bunch of Other 40k Stuff
https://mega.nz/#F!8EtgSTSD!OaWgQeKlh-4stSMqVbXwVQ!9UtFDbTb

https://mega.nz/#F!8EtgSTSD!OaWgQeKlh-4stSMqVbXwVQ!cdFiWILI
>>
Does anyone have any advice for newbie on facing CSM as IG? About to start a narratively driven campaign with Creed and half the players are running chaos.
>>
>>46876227
S8/AP3 pies.
>>
File: warmaster Trump.png (4 MB, 1672x1150) Image search: [Google]
warmaster Trump.png
4 MB, 1672x1150
The God-Emperor has fallen to chaos.
>>
>>46876227
Find a better game before you become too invested in a terrible one by a company that holds you in contempt.
>>
>>46876423
Sounds like Lorgar can worship daddy again.
>>
>>46876227
what do you have?
>>
Am I a bad sport for having a flyer on a 1200p game?
>>
>>46876481
no, flyers are fine +1000pts
>>
>>46876512
>
Good, I just do not want to feel like im a "that" guy, I mean I already play Tau
The flyer is a Barracuda btw
>>
>I2
>>
>>46876447
I live in the middle of nowhere essentially. Don't have many options but at least the manager and the guys I play with are nice.

>>46876458
The first set of games is 750, then the next fortnight it's going to be 1500, I believe. This is what I was thinking of running for the 750.

HQ [1]

Command Squad[175]
> Creed
> 4x - Veteran; Regimental Standard, Vox-caster, medi-pack

Troops [3]

Veterans; Forward Sentries [130]
> 1x - Vet Sergeant; Power Fist
> 2x - Vet; Flamers
> 1x - Vet; Heavy Flamers
> 6x - Vet; Vox-caster, krak grenades

Veterans; Forward Sentries [100]
> 3x - Veteran; Grenade Launcher
> 6x - Vet; Vox-caster, krak grenades

Veterans; Forward Sentries [110]
> 1x - Vet; Melta Gun
> 1x - Vet; Plasma Gun
> 7x - Vet; Vox-caster, krak grenades

Heavy Support [2]

Leman Russ Squadron [170]
> 1x - Leman Russ; Vanquisher, Lascannon, Flamer Sponsons

Wyvern Battery [65]
> 1x - Wyvern; Flamer

I have a Baneblade on the way as well (not sure which version I want to make, I got it for modelling moreso than gaming)
>>
>>46876554

>I live in the middle of nowhere essentially. Don't have many options but at least the manager and the guys I play with are nice.
meant for >>46876444
>>
>>46876554
you are gonna get your shit pushed in because your new. But don't worry about that yet.

Those forward sentry aren't tough enough to hold objectives, you need chimera transports instead of forward sentries. also the power fists on the sargs are too expensive. only keep 1 for an anti tank squad. Don't mix melta and plasma in a squad, pick one.

Grenade launcher are the worst weapons in the codex replace them with lasguns and save your points. Also you have no heavy weapons which are alot of your long range defensive strength.
you need auto and las cannons bad
>>
>>46876554
also creed doesn't bring much to this list. You need to pick vox casters or creed they do the same thing. Also the standard doesn't do much ever.

Wyvern and Vanquisher are solid choices though
>>
>>46876554
>Flamers on vets
>Power Fists outside of Blob Squads
>Mixed melta and Plasma
>Non Command Vanquisher

Creed and co really want a chimera to sit in. 5 T3 bodies is pretty squishy, even with FnP.
>>
>>46876655
>>46876626
>>46876661

I'll have a fiddle with the points to see what I can squeeze in. I may be screwed for the first round since that's what I own, but I may be able to pick up the slack for the 1500.
>>
>>46876673
I was able to squeeze in two chimeras at the cost of forward sentries, krak grenades, power fist, flamers and grenade launchers. Although I kept krak for the anti-tank squad which I gave full meltas. Which two should have the chimeras? Creed and the a regular vet squad?
>>
>>46876205
I feel bad for all the bads who get salty about Knights. They'll be everywhere now.

I've got six now, including FW, and my local meta gets along just fine. Pretty much every imperial player has least one, and now the chaos players are getting in too.

The only local who complains is the tank guard player who always brings a baneblade and tank spam and nobody wants to play him anyway because he throws fits at the table.
>>
>>46876554
>vanquisher with flamer sponsons
>750 point game
horrible get a regular one
when i started playing i liked the vanquisher idea to , a dedicated AT tank that could punch trough anything
then i realized it misses half it's shots and is useless once the enemy runs out of vehicles (if they even bring them in the first place )
vet lascannon teams are cheaper and more effective
>>
>>46876758
Knights in a knight meta is fine.
But dropping them on aries, whose "equivalents" are 2-3 times the price with no corresponding power gain...
>>
>>46876776
I still have all the cannons from the other box, I could probably convert it. Just convert it to a regular one, then? I also have a Baneblade coming (which I got for painting and not competitive gaming), so I may not even need more AT depending on what version I make.
>>
>>46876758
They're cool models. I'm glad I'll be seeing them more often.
>>
>>46876815
there's no need to glue the barrel on a leman russ , you can just pop it in and out when you need a vanquisher or a regular one
definitely go for the regular russ ( keep in mind you get to roll 2D6 for penetration and pick the highest)

and for the baneblade the most competitive one is the stormsword at the moment, the thing basically drops a deathstrike each turn
just be aware that it needs to get relatively close at 36 inches
>>
>>46876877
>no need to glue
Wish I knew that when I made it. Though, to be fair it was my first ever set from the start collecting so I bumbled around a lot.
>>
File: it's full of stars.jpg (24 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
it's full of stars.jpg
24 KB, 640x360
>mfw those hideous new AoS minis
>mfw 30+ bucks for a single pushfit character with no options

I'm scared /tg/, what if that happens to 40k too ?
>>
>>46876925
It's already happening. The best/worst part is that people are eating that shit up and asking for more. Look at the Start Collecting sets.
>>
>>46876900
happens to everyone
unless you aren't allowed to use proxies in the game just say it's a regular russ
>>
>>46876925
It won't. Kind of. At least with our clampack models you can swap stuff out for other options from other kits (pauldrons, arms, etc.). On a note about price though: molds are very expensive and to recoup losses they have to jack the price up on the hero models that most people don't buy very many of.

The reason though this probably will not taint 40k is because they are already hurting from this. What's coming through the line has already been developed and made before the losses have really sunk in. They are already going to introduce points soon too so they are starting to understand what they did wrong.

Also the recent leadership repositionings are a sign of changes going back to the way they were.

FURTHER, look how they did this change to fantasy and not 40k initially. They were testing on this on a dying ship to begin with. They literally had nothing to lose from seeing what would work. Best case scenario: we save a line, worst case: we lose (more) money.

It'll all be fine.
>>
>>46876954
It's a GW store, but the manager is super chill about pretty much everything and especially proxies. There's one guy that runs an ork army that has literally no ork models and instead uses human models as a mad max inspired army.
>>
I have a small 30k DG force with mechanicum allies that I can play as Space Marines with mechanicus allies in 40k but I have a small issue when it comes to my list :

In 40k Mechanicus has 2 codices (Skitarii and Cult) and I have units from both codices. The problem being : my lgs only allows 1 allied detachment per army as a houserule.

Is there any way to field units of both codices in the same detachment or am I doomed to field only one ?
>>
>>46876205
Listen carnac, stop shitting up the thread with this shitty edit. Put back the tau face.
>>
>>46876925
>mfw 30+ bucks for a single pushfit character with no options
>what if that happens to 40k too ?
It has been a thing for ages now. Where have you been slowpoke desu?
>>
>>46877186
You really think he knows how to to shit like that?

I did the renegade knight, fixed placements of renegade guard and did the frowny edits, the Tau was too sloppy and mismatched so I fixed it as "payment".
As for the chicken it's sloppy and off-style too and fuck if I'll acknowledge the existence of that intolerable shitposter in any way.
>>
>>46877149
not talking about GW
sometimes people make a what you see is what you get rule because the larger games get the harder it is to remember what is which
shouldn't be an issue in 750 point games
>>
>>46876554
that list is a bit shit lad.

I'm playing in 750pts

HQ
Pask
>Punisher
>Sponson bolters
>Buddy punisher
>Sponson bolters

Troops
Vet squad
>Carapace
>x3 plasma guns

Vet squad
>Carapace
>x3 melta guns

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Vanquisher

Watch and laugh as Pask and co kill everything by themselves. Use the Vanq to pop anything Pask's rending gatling can't deal with and the troops to distract enemy troops. Sure it's bring 3 AV14 tanks to a low points game, but damn sure it's fun!
>>
So 40k General, I've recently started collecting dark eldar, any tips? I will mostly be playing against necrons.
>>
>>46877361
Your army has poor survivability. The best thing to do is hope they are shit at the game or pray during turn 1 and 2 shooting phases.
>>
>>46877361
>any tips?
Don't throw away the receipt.
>>
File: StickItSticker_1444533026112.png (289 KB, 799x1024) Image search: [Google]
StickItSticker_1444533026112.png
289 KB, 799x1024
>>46877253
The tau face wasn't supposed to match, it was the fucking tau female head sprue from the tau drop you fucking moron
>>
>>46877253
Stop messing with shit you don't know about newfriend.
>>
>>46877422
I know, and like intentional shit posting is still shit posting, intentionally mismatches shit is still mismatched.
>>
GW's newest Space Wolf model here >>46858785
>>
>>46877441
You're the shitposter faggot, stop trying to write over events that you weren't part of.
>>
>>46877253

I always knew one day a Taufag would get sick and tired of seeing the blueberry face and take matters into their own hands...
>>
>>46877348
>a punisher that isn't manned by pask
>vanquisher that isn't a tank commander at 750 points
>no wyvren
don't listen to this guy a heavy infantry list will destroy this easily
>>
>>46877461
>>46877434
I see none of you were around when actual shitposters roamed, like the dread Yalabadoth.

cucknac is smalltime.
>>
File: 20160325_194006.jpg (613 KB, 1920x1030) Image search: [Google]
20160325_194006.jpg
613 KB, 1920x1030
>>46877472
Orkfag actually.
>>
>>46877392
Do I really have that small a chance against necrons with dark eldar?
>>
>>46877524
Paint your fucking models. There's like 1% effort here.
>>
File: 1414820185823.jpg (49 KB, 283x344) Image search: [Google]
1414820185823.jpg
49 KB, 283x344
>>46877524
>all those kick ass conversion
>all that grey plastic
for what reason?
>>
>>46877531
Yes.
>>
>>46877531
Your army thrives at middle range to close combat that carts its troops in vehicles that fall apart to the smallest fire arms.

Against an army that thrives on shooting with strong guns and large amounts of heavy support.

In a game where those getting charged can pop off free shots. Against an army where squads are 20 dudes deep.
>>
>>46877531
DE have 2 things going for them and Necrons really don't care that you have either.

Corpsetheif is really good, but instant death and toughness 7 doesn't scare necrons.
Venoms are really good, but they're so easy to kill you'll have to get super lucky to keep them around for too long
>>
>>46877537
>>46877544
I'll paint when I'm done doing conversions.
Only a couple dozen infantry, tanks and buggies still in the workshop, that is until my action wins come home...
So like... never

I am looking at that "paint with washes" for a quick and desaturated look, just haven't gotten around to getting the paint.

I have also looked into commissions as I don't really trust my painting skills live up to my conversions and they will NOT take well to being stripped.
>>
>>46877161
You should inform your LGS that that's a stupid house rule for one, it means less variety in games played and people will be less willing to buy into new armies if they wont be able to field them as allies with the other parts of their collection.

You can take a Dominus Maniple if you just want the Magos or War Convocation if you don't mind roflstomping the non WAAC competion.
>>
>>46877558
>>46877553
So is there no hope for me to use dark eldars manuverability against necrons?
>>
>>46877592
At this point you probably should just get it all commissioned as you'll never push yourself to paint. I get that converting is more fun, hell I like doing it more than painting as well, but your past the point of no return in my opinion.
>>
>>46877622
You mean "drive around exactly in the range of the Necrons while not taking advantage of the one thing the army is good at?"

Sure.

Maybe kill teams will be up your alley. You can run like 3 jet bikes and an archon-mini and some other shit and still be viable.

HoR Kill Teams really allows shit armies to shine. Christ even Orks are pretty OP with Shoota boy spam.
>>
>>46877508

What did Yaldabaoth do? He certainly managed to have an ominous name.
>>
File: iMB6F9q.jpg (607 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
iMB6F9q.jpg
607 KB, 3264x1836
>Commissar Lord has the Senior Officer and Voice of Command special rules

Is he worth taking now?
>>
>>46877697
Combine carnacs headcanon and "only sources I like count" with bursts of profanity and name-calling that /b/ would find distasteful, weeklong constant activity, occasional bout of full blown lunacy and regular gaps in posting activity very similar to that standard length Involuntary Commitment.
>>
I just want to run an army of anarchist scions under the renegade rules. Maybe give them a banner that says"Eat the Rich".
Will I get much opposition to this?
It fits the fluff.
>>
>>46877740
>still more expensive than a CCS
nope , only way i see a lord commisar working is as a really cheap hq
at least the model is really nice
>>
>>46877740
Would be. Yarrick is already super-good due his IC status and ability to order people around.
>>
>>46877740
Commissar Lords are an okay choice, depending on the list.
>>
>>46877754
>it fits the fluff
no it doesn't , at all
might as well run a fluffy renegade death korps of krieg
>>
>>46877779
>9 ▶
>>>46877754
>>it fits the fluff
>no it doesn't , at all
not that anon, but how does it not fit? Imperiums a big place
>>
>>46877754
What even comes close to supporting this in the fluff?

I have literally never seen a good homebrew outside of "This small off shoot of a massive faction with a countless amount of canon off shoots acts in a manner befitting of its parent faction but just in a different color and names."

Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>46877617
The War Convocation seems fine model wise. I don't care if it's overpowered, that'll teach them good.
>>
>>46877485
>u fuckin wat

Pask is in a punisher. Did you even read the list?
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9XwKQ0bGvEU

Real life version of a Knight's reaper chainsword.
>>
>>46876732
Which two should have the chimeras? Creed and the a regular vet squad?

Anti-tank squad, otherwise they'll never reach their target. And yes, Creed in the other one, it subtly increases order range because when they're in a chimera, you measure from the hull.
>>
>>46877795
But the Ordo tempestus is not.
They are the most loyal imperial soldiers, drilled by and alongside commissars.

Grenadiers turning is more believable, largely the same gear and as skilled as scions but these are simple soldiers that have been through the wringer, so breaking loyalty is considerably more likely for them.
>>
>>46877795
because they have next to no desertion rate fluff wise
they're trained by the same people who train commissars (heck the commissars are chosen from among their ranks) the weak ones who would break don't survive the training, maybe 1 or 2 would desert , as you say it's a big universe , but a whole unit ?
it'dd be like the navy seals deciding they wanted to be part of al qaida now

don't get me wrong i have no problem with you using scions as renegades on the tabletop , just don't say it's "fluffy"
>>
>>46877869
Not that guy, but you do have a second Punisher that isn't
>>
>>46877872
As long as the other knight stands completely still for 15 minutes.
>>
>>46877869
ah i misread it because his list is not correct , tank commander requires an extra tank in his squad
i assumed he had 2 punishers and a vanquisher
>>
>>46877881
krieg has a very rigorous of a training discipline as well though
so much that the rejects of the army willingly let themselves be used in a live fire exercise
>>
>>46877920
Grenadiers are in every guard army, not just krieg.
>>
File: 1411575291401.jpg (315 KB, 1210x720) Image search: [Google]
1411575291401.jpg
315 KB, 1210x720
>>46877829
I didn't want to presume as to your relationship with them.
But I was hoping you'd say that.

Good luck in crushing those fool heathens.
>>
>>46877805
Have you even read the fluff for renegades in Imperial Armor 13?

"Many of these hapless mortals do not even knoiw that they serve the dark gods, believing in their ignorance that in rising up against the rule of the Imperium they are casting off a cruel and brutal regime to replace it with something better"

How do anarchist imperials not fit into that?
>>
File: documentaries.png (175 KB, 645x589) Image search: [Google]
documentaries.png
175 KB, 645x589
>>46877872
>>
>Mfw I play CSM since 3rd edition and Orks since 4th
>mfw they are both arguably two of the worst armies in 40k now
>mfw no rule update nor new models in sight, which means that we won't have shit for the next 6 months at the very least

I-I can't take it anymore.
>>
>>46877622
If you go down the shooty route, Venom spam will do you well. since they can each pop off 12 poison shots at 36". Necron's true threat range is only about 24", but if you don't take out a reasonable amount of them before they get within that, you're fucked boyo. The best thing you can do is try going for tactical victories, playing keep away until turn 5/6 when you can use your mobility to contest every objective you can get you grubby space elf hands on.

But it will always be an uphill struggle, Dark Eldar require a lot of good game sense and skill. Have a look at Covens stuff as well, and take advantage of your Eldar and Harlequin battle brothers.
>>
>>46877891
Chaos can corrupt anyone, anon
>>
File: Vraksian_Enforcer2.jpg (207 KB, 668x1062) Image search: [Google]
Vraksian_Enforcer2.jpg
207 KB, 668x1062
>>46877946
yeah , not gonna happen to the goddamn scions though considering they are not part of the PDF or some random citizen

on a side note i've always found that bit of fluff bullshit when your side has guys running around dressed like pic related
>>
>>46877740
If he didn't compete with Pask and CCS - there's not much that he could do for his points that a CCS and a regular Commissar hovering around a blob squad could do, and both have more flexible options.
>>
>>46877986
well loyal marines fall all the goddamn time, though i believe that's due to them fighting chaos more. then you got sisters who don't fall due to higher faith (concentration of faith based sorcery or something?) and probably less fighting daemons
>>
>>46877946
>Scions have undergone a brutal training regime and are armed with the very best weaponry available to the Guard. Their violent potential is enhanced by rigid discipline as a result of Ordo Tempestus training and they will carry out any order regardless of how inhumane it may be. Fully prepared to give their own lives for the Imperium, Scions are indoctrinated with a sense of obedience and duty that overrides any instinct of personal safety."

TLDR: Supporting a "cruel and unjust" Imperium is Scion's purpose, even if they have to fill oceans with the blood of the innocent and paddle over it on the bodies of their comrades.
>>
>>46877986
Except Chaos can corrupt ANYONE. Everyone is fair game. And remember that the Imperium doesn't like to publicize all the bad shit that happens to them.

Just toss in that their leader fell first and the rest of the troops slowly followed in falling and weren't even aware of what the fuck was happening. Hell, even better if they still think they are fighting the good fight.
>>
>>46878035
>>46878040

problem solved
>>
>>46878040
>>46878035
>>46877986
>>46877986
>>46877946
They could always go the alpha legion route and go
>We're only pretending to betray the imperium!
When really the only people confused about their loyalties are the alpha legion themselves.
>>
There's a regiment of Scions that are very unsubtly hinted at being Alpha Legion operatives.
>>
>>46878035
Th scions has two examples of them rebelling.
>>
I hear from various sources that Frog Trader, 2nd edition, 3rd and 5th were each "the best" 40k version.

So, what was wrong with 4th that there's no 4th camp?
>>
>>46878068
True. It looks like just having a fallen leader should be enough. Scions follow orders to the word without thinking twice? Give them a delusional leader?
Or a Chaos God has slowly corrupted them with "free will" and this is the path they took
Or just have them be renegade vets that pillaged the scion armor

A lot of ways to go with this
>>
>>46878035
If primachs and space marines can fall, why shouldnt "very indoctrinated" normal humans.

Even Xaphan, the space pope of vraks got corrupted.
>>
>>46878040
>>46878011
>>46877946
Yeah but the "fuck the rich" idea is mostly the reason people are hating.

It's dumb.
>>
>>46877891
>>46877881
>muh purity
at this rate chaos will have no one left to corrupt.

also, i said i wasent that guy lrn2rd
phew m8
>>
>>46878141
>implying its not a reason that often leads to revolution
chaos just helps
>>
File: A bitter seed planted.png (2 MB, 664x1216) Image search: [Google]
A bitter seed planted.png
2 MB, 664x1216
Guys the scion book has examples of scions going rogue.
>>
>>46878178
It's going to be a poorly painted, poorly converted (if at all), and poorly fleshed out.

There has never been a good homebrew.
>>
I noticed a lot of Khorne Daemonkin tacticas are like "Helbrutes/Soul Grinders/Dinobots should be all equipped for melee!!!", like it makes sense fluff wise, but considering your army is entirely geared for choppiness, shouldn't you try tosqueeze in long range support where you can? Specially for popping transports, and flyers and shit?
>>
>>46878090
4th edition was like 3rd except they nerfed transports for most armies besides tau and eldar. All infantry armies worked. Fish of Fury spam was big for tau. 5th was a revert back to cheap better transports and mechanized armies were the way to go.
>>
File: 3.5.jpg (303 KB, 824x1117) Image search: [Google]
3.5.jpg
303 KB, 824x1117
>>46878090
5th was terrible, stripped down the game way too much. 6th added in some stuff, went overboard with special rules and brought in superfriends builds. 7th cuts back on some of the bloat but between formations and lords of war i'm not so sure it's better.

4th heavily favored assault and everyone had plenty of conversion/fluff/support. hell sisters were probably at their best and dark eldar were the faction no one knew about but feared due to how skilled you had to be.
>>
>>46878187
>>46878170
I never said anything about being incorruptible to chaos, my beef is simply with the with "this job sucks, lets go rogue" concept.

>>46878187
>Guys the scion book has examples of
a washout leading a band of fellow failures.
>>
>>46878170
It's not about chaos or corruption.

It's about a retarded joke army.

>What do you think of this?
It sucks
>Waaa but it might be cool
Okay, build your shit army.
>>
File: GWSite04.png (83 KB, 760x450) Image search: [Google]
GWSite04.png
83 KB, 760x450
I used the wayback machine to see what GW's site looked like in 04, it's definitely closer to late 90s awful web design.
>>
>>46878329

Doesn't seem like their site has improved much since then
>>
>>46878329

I like it, way more personable than the bland white product catalogue they got now.
>>
>>46878329

Probably because it was 2004.

The current site is inexcusably poor though. Bland, featureless and with that Godawful box ticking system.
>>
>>46878286
How is it a joke army?
>>
>>46878346
it hasn't. it's worse now. No paint guides, no conversion guides, no wallpapers, no cool rules like creature feature, no narrative campaigns, no battlereports, no showcases, no custom terrain, etc etc.
>>
File: ChaosSpaceMarine2.jpg (94 KB, 533x893) Image search: [Google]
ChaosSpaceMarine2.jpg
94 KB, 533x893
>>46877891
This is a space marine. Stormtrooper training would have been childs play for him. Actually, it was childs play for him, he grew up doing that kind of shit. A number of his peers did not survive.

Indoctrination? Your commisar doesn't even have the biological hardware for the things done to ensure that this marine here was the pinnacle of loyalty and devotion.

So I guess it'd be exceptionally rare for a space marine to turn to chaos. And an entire company in one go? That's just plain bullshit.
>>
>>46877740
A lord commissar works excellent for a melee guard blob. Make sure to give those sargents some upgrades.

If you can't make a guard list without pask, you're not a guard player
>>
File: 1460760627666.jpg (84 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1460760627666.jpg
84 KB, 960x540
>>46878286
>Imperials tricked by Chaos into thinking that the Imperium is only holdng humanity back
>They decide to smash the Impoerium to free their brothers and sisters
>Joke

>Space furries
>legit

mfw
>>
When are the Eldar gonna get some love?
>>
>>46878187
what part of rejects don't you understand
those dicknobs aren't going to be dressed the finest scion gear using scion tactics
>>
>thousand sons are 23pts per model

Wew, that's a lot of points for a unit that's literally worse sternguard.

They should probably be only 20
>>
>>46878473
the anon wants to use renegade rules/tactics for them
armories can be raided
armor looted from the dead
>>
>>46878478
Sternguards have S&P and 4++?
>>
>>46878422
that's because GW can't write consistent fluff for shit and they needed a reason for special snowflake chaos chapters
>>
>>46878422
>muh guy is da biggest and da best and can do 1000 pushups. He would eat 20 mens daily and could beat anyone.
>>
>>46878488
Their purpose is to be elite ranged infantry. In that regard Sternguard do literally everything better while costing less.
>>
>>46878486
look at how this started
>don't get me wrong i have no problem with you using scions as renegades on the tabletop , just don't say it's "fluffy"
>>
Is there any game or simulation in which you can train with a specific army, or simply just to get the feel of what playing that army would be like?
>>
>>46878463
(you)
>>
>>46878510
you can use vassal
though i don't see how you can "train" in 40k
>>
>>46878503
it IS fluffy

>>46877946
>>
>>46878422
>implying

Seriously though, your talking pretty far up your own ass. Scions go through a lot of shit just to get stuck with even worser shit. All of this without genetic mutation or power armour.
>>
>>46878535

And that's why even a mighty Scion can fall!
>>
>>46878528
>>46877986
scions take their orders directly from the Militarum Tempestus
and trust me they would fucking know who is on what side after the arbites and sisters got murdered
if they were on the fucking planet when they did their whole coup thing they would have gotten purged (protip : they weren't)
>>
>>46878498
>Their purpose is to be elite ranged infantry.
I'd say based on their gear and skills walking wall /bodyguards for sorcerers seems more like their purpose.
>>
>>46878524
Sometimes you have to fail a lot to get good, but in 40k failure is expensive. Just playing more qualifies as training imo
>>
>>46877253
Your shit is bad and you should feel bad. Nothing you have done was positive in any way. Nothing that you added was worth having. Your knight is a shity edit of the other knight that a any person eith gimp/photoshop and 2 minutes of free time.
Kill yourself
>>
>>46878601
>letthebuttmadflow.jpg
>>
>>46878498
that's just loyalists in general, i think in every field but daemons they're better
>>
>>46878601
Actually I used paint.net.

Anyone could do it, noone did, feel free do do it better, just step up or pipe down.
>>
>>46878544
Everyone can fall, it was the whole
>"Muh space marines are way 2 tuffer"
That triggered me
>>
Why do people have fierce debates about an OP image that exists solely to make the thread identifiable, every bloody day?
>>
>>46878619
Maybe no one needed to do it. The next phase was expanding the borders and redrawing the sides you faggot.
>>
File: General Image.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
General Image.png
1 MB, 1024x768
This will be the next general image, then we won't have to waste 10+ posts on a shitty meme image all you kids want your way.

>waaaah I don't like Tau Face
>waaaah I don't like Renegades
>waaaah I don't like Proof Chicken

Does autism really drive retards to care so much about the OP image?

I remember when there were three or four threads in a row with Artwork OP Images and the apes in this thread were slinging shit for half of the posts. Grow up.
>>
>>46878630
Fierce debates are part of our nature as a 40k-players.
>>
>>46878630
Because before anything else, its a mark of /tg/ history and tradition. Warhammer wednesday on /b/ will not be forgotten and all the events within 40k and /tg/ should be a reflection of the general image.
>>
>>46878641
I kinda wish the next general thread would just use an artwork image to piss people the fuck off.
>>
>>46878641
Leave then if you don't like it here. If we don't want your shit, don't force it.
>>
>>46878641

Where's the Corsair?
>>
>>46878667
I wish you would kill yourself for using a name in an anon chinese image board.
>>
>>46878636
>The next phase was expanding the borders and redrawing the sides
get to it then, looking forward to the results.
>>
>>46878630
nothing else for us to complain about. i liked it better when we swapped images and the other generals aren't that strict about some silly "tradition". the quest threads use 1 image
>>
>>46878667
Stop name fagging
>>
>>46878641
idc, you do the general you use your image.
>>
>>46878641
The autist complaining about autism on a website used to contain autism.
>>
>>46878684
>>46878699
I don't think I will
>>
>cant decide between Ravenwing Dark Angels or Corsairs
>both have such cool fluff
>Imperial fluff is easier to find and soemwhat better written
>Corsairs are Pirates in Space and I would probably run some Dark Eldar with them

This is technically my second army since I started with AM but got to 1000pts and realized it wasn't the army I wanted to play. I flipped it for cash and want to put it back into 40k but I am not sure. I am still relatively new and a more experienced player was telling me that they are both strong armies that could be "too strong.

Are they both WAAC armies?

I always see people complain about SM, does that rope in DA?

I hear everyone say eldar is super strong, does that rope in Corsairs?
>>
What can you fairly charge for classic metal Deff Dredds?

Stripped and chipped free of superglue.
>>
>>46878579
Not if the Chaos Gods confused them! For all we know, their mind is so warped that they see the Imperium forces as demons. Some of you have such a boner for GW's shit writing that anything not from them is absolutely herectical. Even when they tell you to do your own thing.
>>
>>46878816
Ravenwing are very strong. Corsairs are meh. I suggest play whatever army has the models you like most. Lore second, and gameplay third.
>>
>>46878850
I guess I need to do more research on Corsairs. before I decide. Can they stand alone or do they need an ally with them?
>>
>>46878816
Ravenwing is strong, but other than playing against Nids, CSM, Dark Eldar and Orks you won't be "over powered" by any means.

The people complaining about SM and Ravenwing are the 4 above players.
>>
>>46878873
They stand alone quite well.

They aren't top tier but high mid at least.
>>
>>46878816
>>46878850 doesnt know what he is talking about. Corsairs, like every single army in this game, can be bad if built and played wrong. But right list in right arms can be quite powerful.

Problem with Corsairs is that nobody exactly knows how and why they are good. They have multiple shooty units, are wicked fast, have deployment tricks up their sleeves and comboes that arent easy to figure out.
>>
File: 1309790076122.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1309790076122.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>46878700
>yfw someone might make a general with just the 40k logo and text
>>
>>46878881
>The people complaining about SM and Ravenwing are the 4 above players.
When a 18 wheeler is bearing down on you at 90mph, you don't really care about it's brand, or horsepower, only it's brakes and driver.
>>
>>46878905
I'd be perfectly fine with that.

Nice and clean aesthetic.

I've used some of the sillier pages outta rouge trader as cover before.
>>
>>46878873
Corsairs are definitely playable and stronger than a lot of armies, but you'll get wiped by certain army types and you'll have real way to deal with them without allying. You can always ally with eldar though.
>>46878898
this guy is a mad retard. If you play for gameplay over the models you like, you'll never be happy especially since games workshop changes rules so often. By the time you finish building and painting your army they could be entire different from when you started.
>>
Is it possible to run a Dawn Blade Contigent and Hunter Contingent in the same list if they each meet their own required criteria and not over points?
>>
File: 1428760192142.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
1428760192142.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>>46878951
>games workshop changes rules so often.
>Chaos marines still in 6th ed
>>
>>46878951
Game play matters.

If you like shooting but you choose Blood Angels because they look cool, you're good have a bad time.
>>
>>46878977
Let's run through this.

Detachments with detachments are legal

Formations and formations are legal

Formations and detachments are legal

Unbound and formations are legal

Unbound and unbound is legal

Detachments and unbound ARE NOT legal.
>>
>>46878997
Or if you like having fun games but choose Orks or Chaos Marine, you're going to have a bad time.
>>
>>46877622
As long as you're not playing Purge the Alien, there is. Objectives change a lot in terms of balance, and Dark Eldar are the single most manoeuvrable army bar none. Raiders with Aethersails can move up to 36" a turn, which means that when you take a standard FoC you've got Objective Secured troops that can rush and claim pretty much any objective on the board in a single turn with some careful positioning, making your last turns potentially very killer.
>>
File: 40kg.png (549 KB, 1200x569) Image search: [Google]
40kg.png
549 KB, 1200x569
>>46878905
>>
>>46878641
>This will be the next general image
Just to piss you off, it won't
>>
>>46878951
Dont be mad tripfag. I've been playing this game for 15 years and always chosen rules over models, going through SoB/IG/Admech over the years. And i've always had fun.

Also note: you can be a powergamer and NOT WAAC. I'm going to use best the tools at my disposal but I'm limiting them to the armies I own.
>>
>>46878983
look at how many fags played iron warriors in the 3.5 chaos codex, saying they just played them for their lore meanwhile dominating tournaments. Now look how many iron warrior players there are. Shelved. Never to see the light of day again.
>>46878997
Yeah, gameplay matters to an extent. To each his own I guess. For me, I'm infinitely happier playing an army I like to model and paint versus one I hate/is strong in a game with broken ever changing rules. Find and play with the right friends and that's all you need.
>>
File: IMG_1066.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1066.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
>>46876776
ally in a command or commissar vanquisher from imperial armor volume 1, and give it beasthunter shells.

that thing is a hard counter to monstrous creatures, especially with a co-ax heavy stubber and psychic support
>>
>>46879078
Winner
>>
>>46879072
The problem with this is that a competent opponent will know this and will have destroyed your three or four raiders turn 3 at the latest, through ignores cover or sheer volume of fire. All it takes is a single lucky plasma to destroy something, and barring ZM-level terrain you can't hide your stuff out of LOS forever. They're better at objective games, but they're still not good.
>>
>>46878951
>By the time you finish building and painting your army they could be entire different from when you started.

Are you legit retarded or is this some exotic bait?
>>
>>46879099
Balls, i play iron warriors still. Now i play them in 30k and have a ball. When i bother to play 40k CSM i play with allied R&H for artillery to match the theme, and take absolutely no Daemons. Not everyone is a powergamer, believe it or not
>>
>>46878248
> my beef is simply with the with "this job sucks, lets go rogue" concept
...why? its been a thing before
>>
>>46879141
Are you?

The Ork player at my shop was building towards the Green Tide and now its gone. That is the most recent proof I have but with every new codex and edition it is possible that the model you are fielding will cost more/less or be better/worse and you need a different model to be viable now.
>>
File: IMG_0555.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0555.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
I've got 63 points spare for this 500 point list, what do I spend them on? Or do I rejig entirely and replace the Lord Commissar with another chimera and a CCS?

Lord Commisar - 70
Emperor’s Benediction

Veteran Squad 1 - 81
2 x Meltagun
1 x Bolt Pistol

Chimera - 65

Veteran Squad 2 - 106
2 x Plasma Gun
1 x Boltgun
Grenadiers

Chimera - 65

Armoured Sentinel - 50
Plasma Cannon

I would use those spare points to take a wyvern, but I don't own one. I have 20 more guardsmen, some priests, another chimera, five rough riders, and another commissar to pick from.
>>
>>46879090
>not knowing what a trip is

>>46879145
Sure you do, but you can't deny most iron warriors players are gone. Most I have found in my circle, leaving for warmachine/hordes. And most leaving because they are weaker now from 4th.

>>46879141
happened to me with my csm in 4th edition. Between codex releases and new Editions every few years I caught the tail end of the 3.5 edition chaos dex. Shelved the csm's I was working on and they have stayed shelved.
>>
>>46879207
Aah that explains. You're just butthurt from subjective experience. Figures.
>>
>>46879207
>my personal anecdote proves my point
Fuck off namefag, just because you had some powergamers doesnt mean everyone who played them shelved them. Stop treating your opinions as facts
>>
>>46879241
How am I butthurt? I'm long past that experience. I'm simply trying to help a guy who is looking for a new army after giving up on the last one because he didn't like them. The whole point of this is imparting a chunk of one's experience onto people asking for it. You sound butthurt simply because I'm using a name.
>>
>>46878329

In the late 90s I emailed GW to say their site sucked

They emailed back saying "thanks for the comments, what would you like to see?"

Painting guides, battle reports, campaign ideas, conversion stuff

they emailed back "go read white dwarf"
>>
>>46876939
>The best/worst part is that people are eating that shit up and asking for more. Look at the Start Collecting sets.

What's wrong with a discount?
>>
>>46879279
No, what I told you was that we were looking into potentially having those on the site, but for the time being, White Dwarf could help you out.

Yes.
After all of these years
I remember you.
>>
Poorfag here. Is buying Start Collecting Astra Militarum worth it? Already have the models, save the commissar and the tank.
>>
>>46879256
I'm saying in general. You can google it for more 'evidence.'

>>46879279
that's funny because now white dwarf doesn't even do all that.
>>
>>46879326
>Poorfag here. Is buying Start Collecting Astra Militarum worth it? Already have the models, save the commissar and the tank.
So you have a box of guardsmen.

Yes it's worth it.
>>
>>46879326
>poorfag
>40k
go get a job and forget about 40k until you're financially secure
>>46879343
>>say something stupid and presents it as proof
>when called out for presenting opinion as fact, tells you to google it
yeah nah you're a cunt
>>
>>46879324
And I told you to remove me on kik , and stop sending me nudes of your cat.
>>
>>46879360
Just dont respond to namefags, it will be better in the long run.
>>
>>46879360
That guy can be poor and still have a job. Also I haven't set anything as 'proof' that I'm 'right.' I'm simply stating what I've seen and my opinion on the matter. What's so stuck up your ass?
>>
>>46879013
Much obliged, was worried there was some little clause I was missing about Farsight Enclaves and Tau Empire not being able to work together or BattleForged.
>>
>>46879345
I´m gonna empty my wallet when my paycheck comes then.

>>46879360
Sorry anon, but I already have a job. 600 bucks just aren´t that much. Or am I misunderstanding the term poorfag?
>>
>>46879430
Poorfag is genuinely poor. 600 bucks of disposable income does not make you a poorfag. As it is, Guard are probably the most expensive army to get into, but the Start Collecting is pretty decent. Just got to figure out what to do with all those commissars
>>
>>46879474
I actually thought running loads of the Start Collecting formation would be a good way to show a reasonably fluffy Vallahallan (...Soviet) army. Tanks and tank riders (which have dismounted for combat) supported by loads of political officers.
>>
>>46879474
Allright, sorry. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>46877524
no
no more models for you till you paint your shit.
>>
>>46879570
>TFW my lootas, burnas, and unfinished conversions aren't evnen in the shot.

>TFV i stil haven't gotten the MANz, Bikes and Gitz that i really want to build

I'm actually downsizing the force on the table, 2/3's the nobz, kans and boys on the table were just extras I got when buying used bulk.
>>
>>46879508
The Guard start collecting is one of the best ones. The only Tax is the Commissar, and maaaaybe the heavy weapon team. Still, setting up a gunline of four Star Collecting teams, as well as a CAD with some combination of Vetmeras, conscript blobs, melta scions, wyverns and Valks would actually be pretty decent
>>
>>46879650
Can you take Leman Russ options from the other Russ kit? So can I take a punisher/executioner/demolisher in that formation?
>>
>>46879188
I'd say turn the bolt pistol into a gun, give the Chimeras camo netting and give the vets flamers for when you get charged, I believe they can overwatch out of the top of Chimeras. Other than that it looks nice already.
>>
File: 20160424_115100.jpg (3 MB, 1542x2157) Image search: [Google]
20160424_115100.jpg
3 MB, 1542x2157
Now that I have five knights, I think I'm going to start runing the royal court of house terryn with this formation and my warhound. Do you think a lancer would complement this set up?
>>
File: Get started value.png (5 KB, 327x205) Image search: [Google]
Get started value.png
5 KB, 327x205
>>46879650
>>
>>46879726
I'm playing WYSIWYG so I'm going to have to run it as a bolt pistol.

Going to see if I can knock up some flamers before my game, that seems like a sound idea. Normal flamers or heavy flamers?
>>
>>46879728
Where do I find that formation?
It's for a friend I swear
>>
File: 2015-09-26 06.41.45.jpg (3 MB, 1555x2167) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-26 06.41.45.jpg
3 MB, 1555x2167
>>46879728
>>
>>46879729
By best ones i meant the formation was good more than the value, the actual dollar value is average for the SC bundles.
>>
>The WAACy Necron player at my shop runs Canoptek Harvest, Destroyer Cult and the Start Collecting formation at 1500
>He asked if I wanted a game today and I said if we limit it to One Formation and a CAD I would be up for it
>"That's not fair, Necrons need their formations.You won't get any games if you ask everyone to limit themselves."
>Tell him I am good then and find a game against Space Marines, both of us just use a CAD

I play Tyranids with 2 Flyrants at 2000+ (one Dakka the other Choppy) but I enjoy my little bugs, some thropes and a carnifex. Am I really that bad of a guy for asking people to tone their armies down a bit?
>>
>>46879650
i hope you don't mean one of the best start collecting ones
the leman russ and infantry don't even make up the price of the box and they're the only reason your're buying the thing unless you're actually starting to collect IG but after 1 or two boxes the commisar and the heavy weaposn team become a tax
would have been much better if it had a CCS instead of the commissar
>>
>>46879748
I'd say heavy, you're mostly going to use them for overwatch, so the extra strength and AP will help. You're only using two special weapons too, so why not, right?
>>
>>46879728
Unless you have ten knights, you can only run one or the other, and the first one is an Apocalypse-only if im not mistaken. Still, i wouldnt play you with either :^)
>>
>>46879785
Yeah, I thought so. Time to hack up some bits and convert some heavy flamers now!
>>
>>46879762
No. I usually tell the person ahead of time if I will be running my warhound or 2+ knights. Depending on what army they play, I usually just 'forget' 500-600 points of models from my list.
>>
>>46879724
yes but the sprues to make that aren't in the box
i run it with my demolisher and sentry vets for 3+ cover save guard
>>
>>46879783
see >>46879757, i meant the formation-it was one of the better formations, a 4+ cover in the open is way better than tyranids/orks/tau shitty redeploy gimmicks
>>
>>46879794
>Apoc only formation
>warhound/reaver
>5 knights

Oh really? I thought it wad a kill team
>>
>>46879812
Can you use a veteran squad? I'm pretty sure it just says a normal guard squad right?
>>
>>46879794
I don't think thats actually a thing. Either way, if the other player agrees on it, it should still be legal.
>>
>>46879762
You can choose to play whoever you want. If it's clear that his list alone will give him the win from the start, then it's no fun for either of you.
>>
>>46879844
As in, unless someone near you actually plays apocalypse, the question is moot since you'll never field it, and the way you phrased the question made it sound like you were running both formations with the same five models which is stupid
>>
>>46879875
I do play apoc. I usually do one 4k point game every other week with some friends. Sometimes I even go against multiple people at the same time. But yes, the idea was to run both formations at the same time
>>
>>46879845
heh you're right
whoops
>>
>>46879895
Models can only belong to one formation, with the specified exceptions in the decurions.
>>
>>46879810
He was the first Necron player I faced and he blew me away. If he gave me a point handicap I would probably play him. Perhaps I will ask.

>>46879871
He seems to have fun crushing people completely. The first time I went against him I brought one Flyrant (my melee one), a carnifex, two thropes and the rest of gaunts and he shot everything besides the flyrant off the board on his 3rd turn and I conceded.

I think I will just avoid him (as some others do) until he changes his ways.
>>
>>46879729
i still don't get why the nurgle and khorne box don't have rules

...i also wouldn't mind getting that tau box, something shooty to country my cqc/psyker daemons
>>
>>46880039
>i still don't get why the nurgle and khorne box don't have rules
They are intended for AoS.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 640x379) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 640x379
Would this chap be a good substitute for Coteaz in a 20-strong battle sister squad?
Priests will, of course, be there.
>>
>>46880095
>>46880039
>They are intended for AoS.
And as we know, AoS doesn't use 'rules'!
>>
File: 1445217985048.jpg (44 KB, 450x438) Image search: [Google]
1445217985048.jpg
44 KB, 450x438
>>46880095
oh right; that game

>>46880373
now now anon, we all know how we all feel about AoS. no need to stir up anything
>>
>>46880398
awww come on now anon. Did you see the new meganobs? They even yell Waagh and use dakka to describe war machines.
>>
I'm looking at building a Space Marine army, and while I don't want to become a powergaming bumhead who wins every game, I would like to know what a solid army looks like (for 1000 points)?

Or should I come back when I written a list. Yeah, I'll come back when I've got a list.
>>
Anyone got the new Angels of Death supplement?
>>
>>46880698
Yeah. It's easier to build a quick 1000 pt list of all the stuff you were thinking of taking, and then you can get some critique on what works or what doesn't
>>
>>46879188
Is that your desert army? looking good friendo you're doing the game right
>>
>>46879121
That's where Reavers come in. At 16 points per bike they make for wonderful, yet cheap distractions. With a 48" move they can get anywhere fast and either assault to tie up (and with S4 rend and D6 S6 rend HOW before they punch they can hit surprisingly hard) or force an opponent to spend turns shooting at stuff that isn't your Raiders.

It's not a guaranteed win, sure. Hell, it's not an easy win, and you're still going to have to put a lot of thought into each and every movement phase. But that's a Dark Eldar's lot in life.
>>
File: NobodyHereButUsLoyalists.jpg (192 KB, 1024x573) Image search: [Google]
NobodyHereButUsLoyalists.jpg
192 KB, 1024x573
Won my first game with space marines in years, literally. Granted I have been playing mostly guard with a few marine allies once in a while. I had been wondering what the fuck to do with my literally 40-50 tactical marines with no transports since they mostly make up what I got for christmas and shit when I was 10 or something. Today I actually borrowed some transports and just jammed the whole lot of them into my opponent's deployment zone as fast as possible after the first sternguards hit and got fucked, and the mass of bodies seemed to win the day. Despite the fact that my power armour seemed to be made of cardboard, my marines all turned cross eyed when they had to aim and just became plain retarded when they got into CC. To the point where two bikers assaulting a sister almost lost and the remaining marine finally killed her two turns later. Almost every exploding vehicle apart from one always killed more marines than sisters. Five sternguards with combi meltas failed to even dent a single inquisitorial chimera and the other five sternguards never even got to use their flamers. My captain confirmed that my army still suffers from the now 10 years old Curse of the Captain, in which every captain I field is forever doomed to fail his saves, be they 2+, 3++, or 4+ FNP, his IWND will regenerate zero wounds and his plasma will ALWAYS overheat, and subsequently kill him due to shitty saves. The only unit that did not constantly fail was 9 terminators (because those were all I could find) that rolled somewhat within what they statistically would. It did not help things that all SoBs were dead eyed sharp shooters and had armour seemingly impervious to pretty much anything, and an inquisitorial warband deathstar doubly so. So that I won despite with constantly subpar performance from almost every unit in my army I feel I have confirmed that to just stop worrying a jam tons of marines into my opponents face is a great strategy.
>>
File: IMG_0606.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0606.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>46880918
Yeah, they are my guys. Using a mixture of metal Tallarn and modded Cadian plastics.

Here's another shot of them trying to hotwire a Rhino while the rough riders hold off the angry space marines.
>>
>>46880980
They are definitely very angry. They look like perhaps they were left behind while all of their friends got cool upgrades, weapons, formations, tactics and drop pods :^))))
>>
File: IMG_0556.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0556.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>46881086
Its not always that easy however...
>>
File: Chaos Chosen mk .6.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Chosen mk .6.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Comments and criticisms appreciated.

Responding to posts from the last general.
>>46855673
Increased Terminator Armor and Change/Decay costs. MoN lost the extra wound.

Terminators are shit in general, so these guys will inevitably look very good compared to current terminators.
>>46864514
Originally I had them at 25 PPM with a Power Weapon standard; basically just evil Honor Guard. 2W 3+ is identical in terms of durability compared to 1W 2+ against small arms, weaker against AP3 and S8+, while stronger against AP2 <8. I dropped the Power Weapons so that they aren't a pigeon holed and so that the character weapon options don't end up super inflated in cost.

These are the melee weapon prices that I'd espouse for all codexes. Melee weapons are widely overcosted. Wulfen take it too far in the other direction.

>No one even has that many CSM models on Juggernauts or discs or whatever.
I know a guy who has a dozen Berzerkers on Juggernauts that he uses as Thunderwolf Cavalry. It would take me an hour or two to magnetize my Sorcerers so that they could use my Herald's discs.

>Terminator armor on a potentially toughness 6 unit for 15 points.
Unless I missed something, you can't get T6 terminators.

>Araefacts of Chaos on no-name soldiers
These aren't no name soldiers, these are centuries old veteran Chaos Space Marines. Several other factions also have access to Artifacts on regular characters; AdMech and Harlequins.
>>
>>46881166

>The Mark and Icon reworks would not mesh well with the rest of the army.
Yeah, the four God alignments and the Devotions don't really mesh well. I've been thinking about swapping Devotions for four god Covenants. Marks as Character Upgrades are definitely staying as is. I've thought about making a bunch more Icons and then having some Icons be restricted from some gods. For example, an Icon of Deceit might grant Infiltrate and be available to Unmarked, Slaanesh, and Tzeentch CSM. Icon of Frenzy might grant Rage, Counter-Attack, and Reroll charges and be available to Unmarked, Slaanesh, and Khorne for example.

Then I’d bring Legion flavor back in via formations, if it’s even needed.

>>46864873
So they’re more expensive for what is roughly the same.
>>
Formation A:

3-9 Riptides with bonuses to shooting and Nova Reactors reliable enough to spam. No tax, no downsides, just a bound list of power units.

Formation B:

Take a psyker and nine units of Screamers or Burning Chariots. Burning Chariots gain an ability usable in the shooting phase that's inferior to their shooting, Screamers gain a high chance of giving the enemy FNP when they attack. Massive tax, formation is actively weaker than just taking those same units in multiple CADs.

?????
>>
>>46881186
Yeah, if you want Burning Chariots or Screamers, just ally in a CAD. Which is often a good idea just for the extra Heralds.

At least everything didn't just get Soul Blaze.

Tau being broken isn't news to anyone.
>>
>>46878671
Where is DKoK, Tyrants Legion, and D-99?
>>
File: prod_1617782014[1].jpg (12 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
prod_1617782014[1].jpg
12 KB, 245x245
>>46880973
damn. you deserve a win after that long. good job. maybe invest in some better dice, like kuplow red square dice.
>>
>>46881243

I mean, who is on formation design?
>>
File: TS_Chaos_Sorcerer.jpg (252 KB, 605x837) Image search: [Google]
TS_Chaos_Sorcerer.jpg
252 KB, 605x837
Can I field an army consisting entirely of sorcerers?
>>
File: 1459854301240.jpg (2 MB, 3776x1502) Image search: [Google]
1459854301240.jpg
2 MB, 3776x1502
>>46881291
Yes. Cyclopia Cabal formation.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.