[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Terrorism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: hearst.jpg (78 KB, 634x808) Image search: [Google]
hearst.jpg
78 KB, 634x808
What does terrorism look like in your setting? Who are the terrorists? What is their motivation or domain: political, religious, apocalyptic, something else? Who are they fighting against, and how are they going about it? Are they effective?
>>
>>46871214
I don't have any, but I need a small terrorist group for my upcoming campaign. D&D5e, low fantasy setting, and I need them to be truly evil, not sympathetic antiheroes.

Any ideas?
>>
>>46871353
>THE KING'S A FUCKUP
>LET'S KILL 'IM
or
>NATURE'S A CUNT WHO WON'T LEAVE US ALONE
>LET'S BURN IT ALL
>>
>>46871214
It's mostly my players doing the terrorizing.
>>
>>46871214
is... is that Tina Fey?
>>
The Almrin valley will be painted red with the blood of earth's peoples. We will cut a swathe across this land until we reach Mitsattu, and we will obliterate any who stand against us. The gate will be closed, the Eladrin sent home, and this plane will be left to rot in its own taint.
>>
>>46871428
No, that's Patty Hearst, heiress turned kidnapping victim turned domestic terrorist. She got better.
>>
>>46871214
>modern
like a bunch of muslims
sometimes they work for extraworldly forces, but mostly their just muslim
>>
>>46871214
Niggers
>>
mines a nice little group of terrorists that have taken a lot of inspiration from Deus Ex, so in my shadowrun game we've got a group of terrorists that consists mostly of victims of the corporations, those who lost their homes or families, these people were offered a chance to take vengeance and given ample means, like high grade tech and are being given orders they simply have to follow to cause massive havoc.

So far they've managed to cause a pretty big shakeup in the world, however the players and them aren't at odds, they've only crossed paths once, thats because the players were on their way to a job when a bus full of explosives went off and the players had to worry about getting out without being shot by the terrorists.

I'm using the terrorists as a sort of background force shaping the world.

And the people pulling the strings? a small group of highly wealthy influential megaminds who want to bring about the end to all the corporations have been guiding the terrorists AND the players as their #1 job provider.
>>
>>46871214
A small bunch of maniacs thousands of miles away. However the government blames them for their fuckups and the player actions and they usually take responsibility. Or not, it doesn't really matter as long as the media report that they did.

Think Bob Barnabas from DMC
>>
Terror is the war of the poor. So you get yourself some poor who want to wage wars.
>>
They're usually the players.
>>
File: fedora intensifies.gif (1024 KB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
fedora intensifies.gif
1024 KB, 350x197
Oh, you know. They're around.
>>
Most likely cultists and religeous people who got their hands on magic.

Or a noble creating a terror organisation to promote his goals.
>>
>>46874479
>a noble creating a terror organisation to promote his goals
What's his goals that it requires a terror organization? Can't he just use his own power?
>>
>>46874965
I've done something similar in an old D&D game. The noble in question was a second son, so he wasn't entitled to an inheritance by the laws of the land and more than likely married off to some minor noble family without sons or been placed as a officer in the military. He was a pompous, spoiled bitch so he used his father's money to fund a group of elven separatists to attack his father's lands. The strife would have given him the cover necessary to kill his brother without suspicion and then inherit everything. Players were hired to stop the separatists, they did, and uncovered the plot.
>>
File: Hohiro_(Harrier).jpg (54 KB, 330x247) Image search: [Google]
Hohiro_(Harrier).jpg
54 KB, 330x247
>>46871214
I always run the Daidoji Harriers as a terrorist organization in L5R. They were officially disbanded and wiped out due to their offensive tactics and use of gaijin powder (gunpowder bombs); and being they were a Crane Clan group they really soiled that super pretty super proper image.

So the Harriers are ugly. They work with gunpowder, they have learned to make guns, they've got burn wounds, missing fingers, shrapnel scars. They still dress properly, anyone who'd remark on their physical scars will hear a story about how it came from a war, one that "you were too young and too craven to fight like I did." And that person who brought up remarks is in for a world of hurt come the cover of darkness.

As an organization, they're not out to take over. They're not really even out to prove the Crane still need them. They're present and organized and militant and they want to get back at the sons and daughters of those who cast them out and put them to the torch. The progeny of the people who told them to pursue this dark path and abandoned them once all the use was out of them.

So they won't shack up with the Shadowlands, the Spider, the Kolat or the Lying Darkness. They see themselves as samurai still, ones whose names are and should be worth more because they were patriots. And fie and shame upon those who'd cast down a patriot for doing what he is told.

When my party first encountered them it was through a burnt spy who was disavowed during his captivity in the Scorpion Lands, someone who didn't die during the purge but wasn't around for it either. And they saw that his father had disowned him, and that his younger brother still saw him as a hero. And then the party met the remnants of the Harriers, The Solution; and they took in this young broken man and by the end of the year they blew up the Governor's Mansion with gaijin pepper and the party knew about it and they, being good magistrates, tried to get as many people out as possible.

Wasn't pretty.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.