[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting a war game community
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1452888061611.jpg (801 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452888061611.jpg
801 KB, 1920x1080
I dislike having to go to a GW location to play, especially as I'd like to see and try other games, but all the game stores that sell the stuff hoast nothing but magic the gathering, with a bit of pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh on the side, what is the best way to try and set up a local war game community?

For starters I want to be hosting all stripes of warhammer including epic, as well as kings of war and battle tech
>>
Get better hobbies faget
>>
>>46861361
start a facebook page and spread the word that way, since it's facebook people will trust you more
>>
>>46861361
Do you intend to set up a place to gather? You may need to build funding, resources, money, etc. So you can front load the place
>>
>>46861361
>For starters I want to be hosting all stripes of warhammer including'
Be sure to play "Little Wars: a game for boys from twelve years of age to one hundred and fifty and for that more intelligent sort of girl who likes boys' games and books" at least once.
>>
>>46862119
Isn't that the one that uses ltitle cannons?
>>
should have chosen the winning team
>>
>>46863614
But magic the gathering doesn't interest me, no matter how popular there is no point in playing a game that you don't find fun
>>
Have you tried talking to your lgs owners?
They probably don't do it because no one has expressed interest in it.
>>
>>46863875
I'm talking to one of them now, the face book idea sounds like a good start
>>
>>46863527 Yup. It's also one of the first formal war games.
Kriegspiel is a significant predecessor, but that was mostly played by military personnel for training.
>>
question, if I wanted to start my own FLGS would a kickstarter be a viable means of getting funding?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.