[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did the original chaos symbols come from? It seems a little
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1405940727902.png (2 MB, 1441x650) Image search: [Google]
1405940727902.png
2 MB, 1441x650
Where did the original chaos symbols come from? It seems a little silly that these all powerful beings would create a design obviously done by humans. Khorne's symbol looks a lot like Eldar design, but I'm not sure about the others...
>>
>>46850808
>It seems a little silly that these all powerful beings would create a design obviously done by humans.
rephrase in a way that makes any kind of sense
>>
>>46850849
Totally makes sense, learn to read. He's saying they look human in design, so why would chaos gods choose them? Surely their personal representation would be more daemony?
>>
>>46850908
Cause it's literally impossible to make something that doesn't look like it's designed by a human
Or at least it was when they made the symbols
>>
>>46850932
My point was that creating their own logo is a little beyond beings of such a magnitude, so it would make more sense for their followers to make one instead, as propaganda and unity and what not.
>>
Sacred geometry.
Do some space skooma and you'll probably figure it out.
>>
>>46851026
Also DnD. The deities all have symbols, whether they are made by the diety or their subjects is open for interpretation I think
>>
>>46850908
You're rephrasing OPs shit composition skills, you're the one who doesn't know shit, fucking retard

Ops sentence structure and claims make no fucking sense
>why would chaos gods create (made)
>a design humans made (created)

Literally if you were to plug this into logic theory it would come back as false, not like your asspie would know what logic theory is anyhow
>>
>>46850808
>Khorne's symbol looks a lot like Eldar design
It's a skull!
>>
>>46850908
>>46851067
Before this retard I just replies to even tries and say "OP is talking about Games workshop humans, not talking 40k humans made the logos hurr durr!"

But that's exactly what he's saying and why we're ripping into him, it's obvious given the fact he mentions an in game faction as designing their logos, you illiterate neckbeard faggot
>>
>>46850808
Kind of a weird point; you're basically arguing for non-standard aesthetics. And, as >>46851042 suggests, the symbols you see as a human were made by other humans to honour the gods, so of course they have a human-designed look.

That said, Tzeentch's symbol best fits what you're asking for. The asymmetry gives it an alien vibe that the others lack.
>>
>>46851102
If you want to get crazy, you could argue that the human-ish portrayals we see are how humans parse the personal sigils of these horrible mind-fuck gods from nega-double-hell. An eldar or a yu'vath or a tarellian would look at the same symbols and see something else, because it isn't ACTUALLY what it looks like, that's just how the human mind tries to cope with that particualr evil brainfuck.

But that's far too much effort and explanation for what's fundamentally OP being kinda dumb.
>>
>>46851168

I like this explanation.

Either this, or a bunch of followers started using a symbol and the gods adopted it.
>>
>>46850808
1) They were not created by the gods, but by their followers.
2) They were created by the gods who realised that it would be pointless to create images that wouldn't make sense to, or wouldn't be appreciated by, their mortal followers.

>>46851006
If they're so powerful, "alright guys let me project you a little symbol you're supposed to represent me with" isn't exactly a great effort for them.
>>
>>46850808
The chaos god themselves were created by the pulsions and imagination of mortals, so... If EVERYONE in the galaxy had the unshakable belief that Khorne was wearing a tutu, he would. It's a mechanism that feeds itself.

What exactly bugs you here ?
>>
Because the Warp Gods are just the human psyche writ large. The way we believe in them, what we believe about them, and how we interact with them all affect them.
>>
Nurgle's symbol looks like the Indian symbol of the three jewels.
>>
>>46850808
slaanesh combines the traditional male and female symbols (themselves being the symbols of the gods Mars and Venus)
>>
>>46850808
Well, that are the symbols that were made from collective psy of sentients, like the gods themselves. Y'know, rivers of blood and piles of skulls are also what people associate with ANGERRAEGFIGHTINGSPIRITKILLKILL, and this is why Khorne likes 'em so much. Same stuff with plagues and futanaris.
>>
I don't see why the symbols couldn't have been created by the gods. Demons, who are manifestations of the god's power, have names and their own lenguage. Here are words and symbols outside of the four runes that have to be used in dark rituals, no matter the face of the sorcerer. Also, champions have the unholy symbol of their patron diety apear in their skin, demons have them carved on their armor made of concentrated human anguish, and so on. This proves imo that the runes are the god's idea, the reason behind the shapes themselves incomprehemcable for human minds.
>>
File: the_s_is_for_sucks.png (20 KB, 669x717) Image search: [Google]
the_s_is_for_sucks.png
20 KB, 669x717
>>46850808
Khorne's icon is an angry face. Nurgle's icon is based off the bio-hazard warning symbol. Slaanesh's icon is based off the male and female symbols.

Don't know about Tzeentch. It's a backwards S.

The S is for sucks.
>>
>>46855273
it's a wind of magic i fink
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.