[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game of Thrones: House Gauthier Quest prep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Central Riverlands.png (2 MB, 980x914) Image search: [Google]
Central Riverlands.png
2 MB, 980x914
Yes, it's another aSoIaF Quest. For those still hype this will be starting up tomorrow. Interested players recommended that I provide a twitter account for them to keep track of and a reminder thread if there was no general quest thread to post it in.

Starting at 7pm EST it should carry us over nicely till just before the new season premiers.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MaesterChecwyn
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/DdjSwibJ
Previous threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Gauthier

The purpose of this thread is tweak a few minor issues as well as work on the House where needed.
>>
>>46846621
Get a trip, it prevents faggots from messing up the quest easily.

Good luck
>>
File: Lady of Gauthier (3).jpg (40 KB, 294x408) Image search: [Google]
Lady of Gauthier (3).jpg
40 KB, 294x408
>History

House Gauthier was founded in the wake of Aegon's Conquest. While our family were well of businessmen with a tidy profit coming in the towns wool industry, we were not noble.

Following the scorching of Harrenhall one of the various minor retainers of the Targaryen's took a liking to one of the daughters of our family, thankfully in an honourable and wholly besmitten manner. Given that marrying a commoner would be scandalous, and titles were being handed out like lemoncakes, he simply used his influence to raise our family to minor nobility and subsequently married our daughter.

Since then House Gauthier has had a reputation for siring beautiful women (and fairly attractive sons too). We have used this to our advantage, marrying our way into half the nobility of the Riverlands and even a few houses beyond. Over the past 300 years it is rare for a rival Riverlands house to not have an aunty, grandmother or sister-in-law sympathetic to our cause.

While the females of Gauthier are married off according to their station, the males of Gauthier often stick to their own lands or return there after years of adventure. These fellow warriors, all distantly related by blood or marriage, form the 100 Gauntlets. A collection of knights, squires and freeriders that are the boisterous male branch of the Gauthier line.
It is a good life for them, as the Riverlands have been peaceful these past few years and their days are spent in contests of arms and hunting (and even the ignoble brawl between cousins).

>>46846781
Done, cheers mate.
>>
File: 40nsRtr.jpg (445 KB, 1600x1126) Image search: [Google]
40nsRtr.jpg
445 KB, 1600x1126
One thing we need to tweak is the Destiny Point players spent on 'Spear Fighter I'. It was justified by saying it was for jousts and boar hunts -however- the benefit it provides is that a miss with a spear allows you to attack a DIFFERENT opponent at Athletics-1. This isn't really useful for what anons had in mind.

To that end I'm providing a list of alternative qualities we could invest our spare desitiny point in.

>A) Artist: Create works of art (you may specify the form)
>B) Authority: Reduce disposition penalties to Persuasion by 2 (makes it easier to convince people who don't like you)
>C) Brawler I: Fist attacks gain the Fast quality. Damage from fists is now equal to Athletics-2.
>D) Berserker: Each time you take an injury or wound you make a Fighting attack for free against an adjactent enemy (no bonus dice). You may continue fighting after defeat if you pass a Formidable(12) Will test. You may make this test equal to your Endurance rank.
>E) Charismatic:You may add +2 to the result of one persuasion speciality.
>F) Cohort: Another character is created that is loyal and follows your commands. Gain +2 Intrigue and Combat Defence in their presence.
>G) Expertise: Choose one speciality, you now have +1D to all tests related to that speciality.
>H) Favoured of Nobles: +1B to persuasion with characters Status 4 or more.
>I) Favoured of Smallfolk: +1B to persuasion tests to those with status 3 or less.
>J) Long Blade Fighter I: May sacrifice all bonus dice before fighting test to increase degree of success by one. Also add +1 to results against enemy's without a shield.

I'll be taking votes on this now.
>H) Weapon Mastery: Choose a weapon, increase damage from that weapon by +1.
>>
>>46847322
Correction,
>K) Weapon Mastery: Choose a weapon, increase damage from that weapon by +1.
>>
Shameless self-bump because I am keen as beans.
>>
Monitoring the thread.
>>
>>46847322
>>H) Favoured of Nobles: +1B to persuasion with characters Status 4 or more.
Seems like it would fit a bit more for the Hiuse yeah?
>>
I'm celebrating a successful uni submission tonight so I'll check in here when I can.
>>
>>46847322
I don't understand why the Spear Fighter I quality has to be house ruled in the first place. The Head of House and Heir qualities aren't even really that powerful, it's a silly thing to care about. Hell Heir literally does nothing which is what Rotrick technically is right now.
>>
>>46847322
>F) Cohort: Another character is created that is loyal and follows your commands. Gain +2 Intrigue and Combat Defence in their presence.

Maybe get a squire ?
>>
>>46847322

This or E seem to fit best, but this has already had a vote cast for it
>>
Yo Maester, looking over the last thread you mention the current Lord has a sister married to a Lord "Maidenpool", just as a point of case Maidenpool is home to House Mooton.
>>
>>46847322
>>H) Favoured of Nobles: +1B to persuasion with characters Status 4 or more.
>>
>>46848817

I'm with this, lore consistent
>>
>>46848701
Aye, I realised that afterwards.

The aunt would be a Mooton, but I'm going to fluff it that the children were adopted back into the Gauthier line because the Mootons fell out of favor after the rebellion and lost influence and lands.
>>
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.