[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pfg/ - Pathfinder General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67
File: Armor Master's Handbook - 27.png (366 KB, 804x1044) Image search: [Google]
Armor Master's Handbook - 27.png
366 KB, 804x1044
Pathfinder General - /pfg/

The Amazing Spidermerisiel edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/YhdxTQS6

Previous thread: >>46822694
>>
File: High_Queen_Kahlida.jpg (198 KB, 400x951) Image search: [Google]
High_Queen_Kahlida.jpg
198 KB, 400x951
1st for homebrewing playable mummies!
>>
>>46834080
You could play a Shabti. From what i can understand about their fluff from the pfsrd, they're basically ushtabi.

Gonna build a Sha'ir. Any advice?
>>
Are there any other 3pps that are worth looking at other than Dreamscarred and some of SoP?
>>
>>46834080
Seems like something that could be done with a pathfinderized dread necromancer. Basically you get to choose what kind of master-level undead you want to transform into slowly like a sorcerer chooses his bloodline.
>>
>>46834129
Kobold Press used to be on my auto-authorize list, but lately they've been hit or miss (more hit with their earlier stuff, much more miss with their most recent releases).

There's also common homebrew stuff like Ertw's Beguiler that is pretty much assumed to be allowed at most tables I've played at.
>>
>>46834191
Can you tell me a bit about those fellows? What is good, and not?
>>
>>46834217

Deep Magic is a pretty good book (I mean, it makes the martial/caster disparity worse, but it's a drop in the ocean at this point). It's got rune magic and shit, and a bunch of neat spells and archetypes in it. Only thing about Deep Magic I didn't really like was Clockwork Magic and the Void oracle mystery, which was fucking broken.
>>
>>46834080
That doesn't sound like anything a player should have. Play a reincarnated pharoah who used to be a mummy.
>>
>>46834217
Kobold's Spell-less Ranger is probably top of the heap. It's a really solid option for somebody trying to make a Ranger with pure combat focus. The White Necromancer's also really neat take on the non-evil necromancer which is pretty unique. Avoid things like the Trickster, that is just a frankenstein of stolen class features wrapped up in pretty shitty balance.

Ertw's Beguiler is pretty much gold from cover to cover. I put it's quality up there with DSP. It's 30 pages of homebrew that ends up looking better than most 3PPs, full of unique powers, and it gives you an option to play a 9th level caster without being shit-tier broken (most people put it up near the top of tier 3 AFAIK).
>>
>>46834297
>Void Oracle

eeesh
>>
>>46834129
Ascension Games does good work. Nightshade and Saboteur are T3-T4 rogue variants, one with a shadow magic focus like a Shadowdancer base class, the other based around making traps actually a thing.

They also did Archivist, which is a school-based spontaneous caster with a pool that fills up as you cast and is spent to power up spells. It kinda has to be played to be understood, but it emphasizes the sequence of casting over the individual spells.

And then there's Vanguard, which is a construct pet class that sidelines in buffing (every 'evolution' the mech gets comes with an aura or buff effect of some kind that can be dropped onto other characters).
>>
>>46834129
Interjection Games is fucking great.
>>
>>46834360

Someone who did not know how DR works wrote that thing.

I'm not sure how we got the Snakes mystery, which is mostly just about grappling, constricting, and biting and having a snake companion if you're into that kind of thing, in the same book as the Void Mystery, which gives you more DR/- than the Invulerable Rager at every point in the game, an armor revelation that gives you evasion and improved evasion, and the ability to go fucking incorporeal in minute/level increments at level seven.
>>
>>46834446
I discovered the nightblade after my DM wouldn't let me use the beguiler conversion (he's an autist who thinks that any full casting classes are broken) and I'm really enjoying it.
>>
>>46834080

>Bretonnians yesterday
>Tomb Kings today

Is it just me, or is it starting to feel like a campaign set in Warhammer Fantasy would be a lot more interesting than one set in Golarion?

Shit, I ain't even talking about the Warhammer Fantasy tabletop, I'm talking about the setting itself. Golarion is GROAN ZONE.
>>
>>46834594
Now the real question is: if your DM gave you the option to convert your character to a Beguiler today would you?
>>
Is Reincarnation the only raise dead spell that druid has?
>>
>>46834652
In a heartbeat. I just really feel the idea behind my character jives with the beguiler flavor better than the nightblade. It's been a nice consolation prize, though.
>>
>>46834697
isn't there a spooky skeleton death druid archetype?
>>
>>46834697
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/cyclic-reincarnation

Not any more.
>>
>>46834749
That is pretty cool. What are some other good Druid spell that my Arcanist should get?
>>
File: 1446761347254.png (284 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
1446761347254.png
284 KB, 450x338
>>46834033

>Additionally, the wearer of djezet skin gains a +5 circumstance bonus on Diplomacy checks to make requests of creatures with an attitude of friendly or helpful

>Djezet skin
>The skintight bodysuit of thin, fluid metal
>+5 bonus to Diplomacy

Oh my.
>>
>>46834808
Entangle, if you're at an early level, is great.
>>
>>46834334
How does said Spell-less Ranger compare to Paizo's Trapper archetype for Ranger that takes away its casting?
>>
>>46835201

The spell-less ranger can have two druid-level companions, so I'm inclined to think it's better just for that.
>>
What does /tg/ think of Society play?
>>
>>46834599
> Tomb Kings

Have I missed something?
>>
>>46835330
It's shit. Don't do it, not even if it's the only game you have access to.
>>
Is there a good Stalker Vigilante build? I heard something about sniper being the king?
>>
>>46835344
Warhammer Fantasy Battle is dead.

On a more Pathfinder-related note, I forgot: do Androids need to eat? If so, where does the food actually go?
>>
>>46835514
Androids do have humanoid guts, y'know. They aren't full of clockwork or circuits or whatever else; they're just made of artificial organs and artificial blood with nanites doing upkeep.
>An android eats, drinks, breathes, and excretes much like a human, though certain improvements have been made. Androids do not require sleep, and resist biological diseases. Their thin, watery blood carries life-sustaining oxygen in the fluid itself rather than in cells. Instead of clotting, android bleeding is halted by repairs carried out by nanites. These nanites carry out other biological functions as well, including cleansing the body of accumulated toxins. Androids have limited control of their nanites, and can call on them to exceed their normal bodily and mental limits for an instant’s effort. Some androids attain a higher level of control, and can marshal their nanites to heal grievous wounds in moments.
>>
>>46834305
You don't sound like anything a player should have!
I'm sorry, it was to stupid a thought to not share it.
>>
>>46835344
Nothing important.
>>
>>46835697
>you will never pretend to sleep while the rest of your party slumbers the night away at the inn
>you will never start all your sentences with STATEMENT: or QUERY: just to screw with people
>you will never pretend to be confused by human standards of modesty and attractiveness
>you will never have a strangely heartfelt talk with the Mesmerist about how you are incapable of sleeping, and thus of dreaming
>you will never ask the Cleric so many questions about the gods that he gets annoyed and starts making threatening gestures with his warhammer
>you will never overheat your internal systems while huddling with the party for warmth

>DESPERATE QUERY: For what purpose should one continue to exist under these conditions?
>>
Can the Promethean Alchemist's homunculus companion be improved through the craft construct feat like a regular homunculus?
>>
>>46836278
Because Paizo never officially gave it a creature type, just stating that it has construct traits, there is RAW.
So it depends on the DM. My DM allowed it when I played one, and I let it happen when I DM. It still requires time and resources to craft, so it's not really game breaking unless the DM lets it get out of hand.
>>
>>46836608
There is *no* RAW.
Sorry, I should proof read.
>>
File: cooking with hannibal.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
cooking with hannibal.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Would you play a campaign about catching, preserving, and preparing the most dangerous of game?

Which in this case is clearly Dragons and Outsiders?
>>
>>46836869
Definitely, especially if it's a medieval hunt theme. I've wanted to be a proper yeoman for ages.
>>
>>46836869
Are you asking of people would want to play Monster Hunter: Pathfinder Edition? I don't even play Monster Hunter and I can tell you that a lot of people would be interested.
>>
File: 1451433222300.jpg (88 KB, 459x409) Image search: [Google]
1451433222300.jpg
88 KB, 459x409
>>46836869

Fuck yes
>>
>>46836869
>>46836899
>>46836945
>>46836987
"Would you play" is hardly the question. WHAT would you play, anons?

Hard mode: no Alchemist
Nightmare mode: nothing with the Craft/Profession skills for cooking
>>
>>46837103

Pyrokineticist Goblin who burns everything he eats to a crisp, causing much grief and disgust to the finer folk in the party
>>
>>46837103
Fleasheater Barbarian?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/paizo---barbarian-archetypes/flesheater-barbarian-archetype
>>
>>46834129
I like collecting classes, so here's my reccomendations:

Amora Games Liber Influxus Communis is awesome, and I hear good thing about Bevy of Blades.

Interjection Games has some good stuff, but really complicated. If you like complicated classes you'll love them.

Little Red Goblin Games has some awesome concepts, like the Undying, a class that auto ressurrects from level one, and the Multiman, a class that makes clones of itself. But their ruleswork is all over the place, some are exceptionally well-made, some are great concepts that would need to be rewritten to make useful.

Kobold Press has good stuff like the Battle Scion, the Elven Archer, the White Necromancer, and the Spell Less Ranger and Skin Changer. but Mark Radles way of popping up in every Paizo thread he can to shill his classes kinda sours me on the company.

Rogue Genius Games has their Talented Class line, which is pretty cool. They also had some pretty cool clases, like the Armiger the Time Thief and the Shadow Assassin, but they might need some buffing up to keep up with newer classes since they were made mostly with the CRB in mind and they were good enough to try for tier 3-4 instead of tier 1-2.

Louis Porter Jr has the Machinesmith, my favorite science class in PF, and Radiance House has the Occultist, the best Binder conversion possible. Other class highlights include Rite Publishing Luckbringer, Total Party Kill Deductionist, and Drop Dead Studios Vauntguard.
>>
>>46837173
The Intelligence penalties are annoyingly high.

Other than that, not the worst way to go. Make some jerky or something and eat bits of past kills before your fights.
>>
So my GM is letting me rebuild my zen archer monk with Path of War. What classes and disciplines should I use?
>>
>>46834594
>(he's an autist who thinks that any full casting classes are broken)
So he's from /pfg/?
>>
>>46837277
Warsoul/Soulbolt Soulknife if you want an energy bow, or a Stalker if you want a normal bow. Solar Wind and Tempest Gale are the go-to ranged disciplines.
>>
>>46834129
The Cerulean Seas setting material is fucking fantastic, and should be in every DM's collection.
>>
>>46837103
Blood God Disciple Synthesist
>>
>>46834129
Some of DSP you mean
>>
>>46837269
>Mark Radles way of popping up in every Paizo thread he can to shill his classes kinda sours me on the company.

A-fucking-men! Somebody and KP needs to get him on lockdown because he makes the whole company look like a bunch of complete tools. Doubly so because he uses a shitty form letter every time he shills his garbage to make it super obvious.
>>
>>46835378
Why is it shit?
>>
>>46837321
As far as I know, ertw's beguiler is looked on pretty positively around these parts.
>>
Question: Trying to help a friend make a musket master.

Does the class really do anything besides "shoot thing until it dies?" I know Gunslingers tend to be one-trick ponies, but my friend really wants a rifle-user, advanced firearms are not on the table, and I'm looking to help them make something more fun than full-attacking until the gun explodes.
>>
>>46837753
PFS is there to sell you products, not to provide fun games. There's zero challenge because customers don't like it when their characters have a chance of dying. You'll also be playing with a bunch of mouthbreathing grognards who were probably kicked out of their regular games for being shitplayers. PFS play almost always breaks down into rules lawyering bullshit where the players and the DM spend hours arguing about RAW and RAI.
>>
>>46837742
My favorite Marc moment was when somebody posted a well thought out explanation of why his Trickster was straight up better than other similar classes and he responded with what boiled down to "nu-uh we totally playtested it."
>>
>>46837841
Gunslinger is the worst fire-arm class to be playing. He WILL hate it.
Go for a gunman archetype of a different class, such as Holy Gun Paladin.
I'd tell you about Desperado Warlord, but I'm assuming the fact he's not already playing one means 3pp is off the table.
>>
>>46837269
>>46837742
This is different to DSP how?
>>
I need to know something...there was a trait (as in traits and drawbacks) that added a lot to knowledge checks but I'm blanking on what it was. If I remember right the wording left it open to a bit of free interpretation where you got a +1 to each knowledge check for each knowledge skill you have, or something along those lines. Does anyone know of anything similar or am I totally remembering it incorrectly?
>>
>>46838026
Forget that, get the one that lets you roll Knowledge: Planes for Knowledge: Religion (or the other way around I forget), reducing the skillpoint load of a knowledge-monkey character.
>>
>>46838002
Because never in my time here have I seen any of the DSP devs try to get us to buy their stuff. We sit here with a link to the pdfs of all their shit for free under 'pirated content', and they come here with playtests and early release info, answering questions we have with their content.

It's different from DSP by the definition of the word 'shilling'
>>
>>46838002
Gareth, Elric and Forrest are all here to take part in a conversation in a general thread. Sure they're pushing their product, but they listen to feedback and discuss. Marc comes into any thread that might tangentially relate to one of his classes and just drops an advertisement there; he's not interested in discussion, he just wants to use other peoples' threads as a billboard for his products.
>>
Hey, strange question. Has anyone managed to put together a combined map of the disparate map pieces of one of The Divinity's standard habitation modules from Iron Gods?
>>
The host of heroes aegis can be customized to cast spells from the wizard, cleric and DSP psion lists, veilweave, use any martial discipline, use any mobility or sense ability and a variety of martial/skill character builds

How do I make this more goofy? I want a character that can do all of the things if just for a thought experiment if nothing else. Whats the soulknife archetype that lets you generate any weapon in the game, war soul?
>>
File: blood_of_angels_detail.jpg (989 KB, 1356x949) Image search: [Google]
blood_of_angels_detail.jpg
989 KB, 1356x949
Where should I look for info on Ragathiel? All I've found is in the Chronicle of the Righteous.

His fortress is given a total of two lines of description in Heaven Unleashed, though I haven't read the whole document.

Any suggestions, folks?
>>
>>46838098
Get off your high horse, the DSP guys have posted advertisements for new products and kickstarters here plenty. Sure they turn a blind eye to piracy, but they gain no benefit by having a hissy-fit about it and aren't just handing out PDFs of stuff that they're selling.
>>
>>46838098
>Because never in my time here have I seen any of the DSP devs try to get us to buy their stuff

Then you must not come here very often. The difference is that they ALSO engage in dialogue, answer questions, take feedback and so on.
>>
>>46838265
Nah, but they've copy pasted things from those pdfs if the topic comes up.

Sure they've discussed upcoming products, but honestly, who cares? They share playtest info ten times as readily. It's pretty evident they come here not to make money, but to just engage in the discussion.

Calm down, not everyone has secret motivations.
>>
>>46834033
>eight legs
>art only depicts six

Paizo, everybody.
>>
>>46837916
I've really been enjoying watching the one-star reviews on the trickster come in from real people after the five-star ones Marc bought dried up.
>>
>>46838395
1. Who says you need to deploy all 8.
2. Cluttered art is bad art.
>>
>>46837277
>>46837387
I see you.
>>
>>46838395
One for the pink, one for the stink.
>>
>>46838395
should be just 4 mechanical legs. Then you have 8 limbs counting your fleshy ones.

>>46838584
God dammit...
>>
>>46838537
>Who says you need to deploy all 8.
The item does.
>Cluttered art is bad art.
Then don't have her juggling a handful of knives, holding a sword, and wearing a scabbard.
>>
File: manatarms.jpg (67 KB, 494x397) Image search: [Google]
manatarms.jpg
67 KB, 494x397
>>46838537
>2. Cluttered art is bad art.
Yet they keep employing Wayne Reynolds.
>>
>>46837916
link to screencap?
>>
>>46838537
Well, even the item describes it has having 8 ribs on the armor, while the art only depicts 6.
>>
File: russian rucksack.jpg (117 KB, 523x1255) Image search: [Google]
russian rucksack.jpg
117 KB, 523x1255
>>46838622
What, did Ivan take up larping?
>>
>>46838631
http://paizo.com/products/btpy9jj3/discuss?New-Paths-8-The-Trickster#35

I know he's copy pasted that answer at least one other time when similar criticisms were leveled at the class.
>>
File: Pathfinder-1-3[1].png (533 KB, 800x293) Image search: [Google]
Pathfinder-1-3[1].png
533 KB, 800x293
>>46834033
Just finished reading the first volume of the comics and it was absolute garbage. Characters going out of their way to remind you that its based on a tabletop game, so instead of "let me heal you" it's "LET ME CAST THE FIRST LEVEL SPELL CURE LIGHT WOUNDS". They also defeated something they shouldn't have been able too.
Does it get better?
>>
>playing a game
>its some kind of "Sword of Air" module from the frog god games people
>literally playing pawns between two uber mages because they made deal to not directly hurt each other

God dam this is opressive. There is the constant "well if you step out of line its teleport dominate rape time" aspect overhanging the whole adventure.

I'm considering buying/pirating sword of air just to see what the "acceptable" action are so I don't end up being some wizards fuckuboi for eternity.

Also: one of our players is building a new character and want's my advice. How do I suggest he play a mega anti-caster class? Something that isn't a 9th level caster but has multiple ways to just fuck over a DM-played wizard? A grappler?
>>
>>46838790
Never is, never will be, and always looks shitty when compared to Fell's Five.

The comic is more or less a perfect fit for Pathfinder. It's the half-assed rip-off of a better product.
>>
File: AwakenMyMasters.png (4 MB, 1986x1019) Image search: [Google]
AwakenMyMasters.png
4 MB, 1986x1019
>>46838790
Literally the only worthwhile scene in the comics, right here.

PillarManderghul forever.
>>
>>46838223
Anyone?
>>
Alright guys i'm trying to create a race for my game, with GM blessing, but I want to make sure its not busted. I'm using the Race Point rules as a baseline but, ya know.

So, without further ado, here we go

Ability Score Racial Traits: +2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Int
Size: [] are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Base Speed: [] have a base speed of 30 feet.
Languages: [] begin play speaking Common and [racial language]. [] with high Intelligence scores can choose >insert languages here

Weaknesses:

Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light blinds members of this race for 1 round; on subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area.

Senses Racial Traits: Darkvision, 60ft

Movement Racial Traits:

Climber: Members of this race have a climb speed of 20 feet, and gain the +8 racial bonus on Climb checks that a climb speed normally grants.

Magic Racial Traits:

Shadow Caster: Members of this race add +1 to the saving throw DCs for their spells and spell-like abilities of the illusion (shadow) subschool.

Other Racial Traits:

Multi-Armed: A [] has four arms. One hand is considered its primary hand; all others are considered off hands. It can use any of its hands for other purposes that require free hands.

too stronk orrr
>>
>>46834033
Does anyone have the pdf of this:
http://zenithgames.blogspot.com/2016/04/jacobs-tower-how-to-run.html

I want to read it before I buy.
>>
>>it's a no combat or skill checks episode
>>the party has no ideas on how to progress and the DM isn't throwing us any hints

Fucks sake
>>
File: 1409619093819.gif (497 KB, 400x247) Image search: [Google]
1409619093819.gif
497 KB, 400x247
>>46839627
>it's a no combat or "serious" skill checks episode
>the only dice rolled are fun silly things like how well people in the party sings
>comfy and playful attitude throughout the entire session, with a little bit of planning and a lot of roleplay

Sometimes, you just find the perfect group.
>>
>>46836608
>unless the DM lets it get out of hand

How is it possible for an homunculus construct to get out of hand?

Not trying to be objectionable, I'm just asking out of curiosity.
>>
>>46839458
Nix multi-armed.
>>
>>46839813
Thats the core of what I want

Needs more downsides?
>>
>>46839722
I'll never know why people enjoy this, just read Terry Pratchett and stop ruining my tables with your critical roll fetish.
>>
>>46839722
Go play your (magic) tea party with some other game system.
>>
>>46839723
Only thing that MIGHT get iffy is the poison (SoD sleep for a minute) on top of giving it the acid breath weapon mod and qualifying for Noxious Bite (SoS nauseated).

The DCs will never be particularly good, but it's at minimum two chances to nat 1 a save on every bite attack, so DMs who already whine about things like Slumber ruining their encounters might go into convulsions.
>>
>>46839627

>the party has no ideas on how to progress and the DM isn't throwing us any hints

It's a shitty player episode
>>
>>46839458
Looks strongly purpose-built for a shadowcasting wizard or beguiler. I wouldn't allow something like that in my game. I also blanket ban multi-armed in my games as that shit's just cheesy.
>>
>>46839898
>>46839870
You mean not every good campaign has a session devoted to downtime and relaxation before a serious and combat/puzzle/plot-filled series of episodes?
>>
>>46839928
No, lulls that last an entire session are the sign of a bad campaign and poor pacing. Every session should try to have as many types of fun as possible.
>>
So! Who among you lovely people is looking forward to their next session this weekend?
>>
>>46839928
No? my players actually like playing, not acting.
>>
>>46839984
Me

In spite of >>46838835
it is still mostly fun.
Just also stress inducing.
>>
File: Emerald Spire.jpg (52 KB, 448x419) Image search: [Google]
Emerald Spire.jpg
52 KB, 448x419
>>46839984
Canceled the campaign I was running. I'm no longer willing to deal with Emerald Spire's shit. If I'm going to be forced to put in this much effort I'll make my own damn campaign. With blackjack. And hookers!
>>
>>46839915
>>46839813
actually how about this

How about we reformat multiarmed to work like having 2 vestigial arms, remove the possibility of Multi-weapon fighting, just lets them hold more shit?
>>
File: _num216qGXi1suz9bqo1_1280.png (998 KB, 1000x1900) Image search: [Google]
_num216qGXi1suz9bqo1_1280.png
998 KB, 1000x1900
Is there a way to play as a ghost or specter for a race?
>>
>>46840095
That bad, eh? I've actually been thinking about running Emerald Spire myself, but maybe not...
>>
>>46840161
You apply the Ghost template.
>>
File: tTBOPSh.jpg (604 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
tTBOPSh.jpg
604 KB, 1200x1200
>>46834973
Between aegii, soulknives with mind armor, djezet skins, and psychoactive skins, I think one could have a party where everybody is coated in a different kind of skintight suit.
>>
>>46840161
DSP's deathless ghost monster-class.
>>
>>46840170
Anon, if you gave me the choice between running Emerald Spire ever again or having staples driven into my testicles once a month for the rest of my life, I'd tear off my pants and tell you to load the stapler.
>>
How do you deal with a player who just cannot grasp the concept that the game we played FOUR YEARS AGO has no bearing on game we're playing now?
>>
>>46840095
Would you play blackjack for real, or roll profession (gambler)?
>>
>>46840196
Mind Armor? What's that?
>>
>>46840212
...uwotm8
>>
>>46840230
I tend to favor the former. I...am not a fan of how Profession is implemented.
>>
>>46839992
This tbqh famalam.
>>
File: 1433729109286.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1433729109286.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>46839984
We're going to fight pirates and get our own boat!
>>
>>46837103
Dhampir Undead Bloodline Sorcerer. Savors the blood of her enemies.
>>
>>46840233
The armored blade archetype, or the psychokinetic armor blade skill. It allows forming light, medium, or heavy armor that works like a soulknife's blade does.
>>
>>46840212

>"New houserule: Any time someone mentions our game from four years ago gets stapled in the testicles."
>>
>>46840236
Just... this guy. We've been playing together in a campaign for four and a half years now, and about two years ago we hit the reset button on our characters to try out some new material and stuff.

He just cannot seem to grasp that all the homebrew stuff that the GM threw his way no longer exists, despite it being this way for the last two years. It doesn't help that he still can't calculate his damn attack rolls or saves and I have to hang on to his character sheet or he'll forget it. Oh, and now he's convinced that I (the player) have it in for him (the character) and am trying to give him bad advice on how to play even though I built his fucking warder for him and showed him how to use maneuvers and everything.

At this point I think I'm just venting, but god damn he's frustrating.
>>
>>46840329
He plays over skype because he had to move to out of state for a new job.
>>
>>46840207
No you wouldn't.
Don't lie.
>>
>>46840207

What is it about Emerald Spire that is so terrible?
>>
>>46837103
Urgathoan reincarnated druid. Has a "you are what you eat" belief that consuming the flesh of certain creatures can influence her reincarnations, and tends to off herself after particularly unique meals just so she can record what she comes back as.

Also, always wants to retrieve her own corpses and prepare meals out of them. Nature wastes nothing, after all.
>>
>>46839984
DM cancelled the game.

Never got to try my Umbral Blade build.
>>
>>46838835
>Also: one of our players is building a new character and want's my advice. How do I suggest he play a mega anti-caster class? Something that isn't a 9th level caster but has multiple ways to just fuck over a DM-played wizard? A grappler?

I usually don't do much PvP analysis, but if you are trying to murder a NPC caster than a barbarian is a good bet once you are actually fighting them.

Not too sure about what to build for not yet fighting the wizard. The level you are at now is also hugely important.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 720x478) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 720x478
>>46839984
>we just reached the level of the dungeon that the gm has been so very excited to show off to us
>everything up to this point has been fun and challenging
I cannot contain my hype
>>
File: [can't wake up].png (287 KB, 1198x326) Image search: [Google]
[can't wake up].png
287 KB, 1198x326
>>46839984
My group is dead.

Sometimes I think it's all my fault.

Kill me.
>>
>>46840279

Sweet. Thought of any good boat names?
>>
File: 1458545107795.jpg (81 KB, 662x720) Image search: [Google]
1458545107795.jpg
81 KB, 662x720
Have any of you run a successful 'evil' campaign where it didn't devolve into 'that guy' reigning chaos or a bunch of fetishist rape shit?
>>
>>46840377
It's...the book was designed by sixteen different authors and it shows. The plot's messy, the design is all over the place. A few levels are genuinely fun and enjoyable; most are very poor, with challenges that whiplash between stupidly easy and absurdly hard. Floor bosses tend to be save-or-lose casters, esp. clerics, and floor gimmicks range between pointless and absurdly lethal with few spots in between. Floor 4 is a non-encounter unless you decide to commit pointless genocide on peaceful, ignorant troglodytes (no, really), floors 7 & 8 have bonus XP for solving a political problem that you can't solve because EVERYTHING ATTACKS TO KILL ON SIGHT, the home-base town (Fort Inevitable) looks like the main adventure hook but is supposed to be essentially ignored, and the final villain is a Space Flea From Nowhere. On top of /all of that/, it's weirdly treasured, lazily designed, and smaller than most NORMAL dungeons, let alone so-called "megadungeons".

I might be extra mad because I'm a massive, gigantic fan of Undermountain, but I came into Emerald Spire with expectations that were consistently betrayed. I'm a little upset.
>>
>>46840587
Yeah, but we basically made ourselves henchmen to a greater villain and went around merrily murdering and subverting
>>
>>46840597
>floors 7 & 8 have bonus XP for solving a political problem that you can't solve because EVERYTHING ATTACKS TO KILL ON SIGHT
Just
>>
File: my life.jpg (42 KB, 609x446) Image search: [Google]
my life.jpg
42 KB, 609x446
>>46839984
>me
>getting at least 3 other people to get together for FUCKING ANYTHING EVEN WHEN THEY *WANT* TO DO IT AND WON'T DO IT WITHOUT ME
funny joke
>>
>>46840587
Yeah! ...actually, no. Not really. But morally ambiguous campaigns, sure. And I play evil in good/neutral parties whenever I'm able, and am the only one routinely allowed to do so in my group because everyone knows I won't go edgelord on them.
>>
File: 2hu Fit to Burst.gif (39 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
2hu Fit to Burst.gif
39 KB, 230x230
>>46839984
>find out that the floor of the dungeon we're on is infested with minor devils
>entire party is some form of 6th level caster, two of which are capable of summoning
>if we have to head back to town, I can start crafting shit to make everyone stronger, and I can start to be actually useful
>GM asked me if I was still up for getting ready to try doing a 1-on-1 game again once tax season ended

Excited doesn't even begin to describe it.

>>46840587
I'm curious about this as well, due to my above spoiler. The GM specifically asked about hell's vengeance.
>>
>>46840587
Yes. Twice.
Once was "we be orcs" where I played an orc barbarian. The second one we were "fixers" for a powerful king.

Who the fuck do you play with?

>>46840597
So...does the game even mention the "if the guys in the first room scream really loud then the whole fucking floor probably hears at least" problem?

I never know how to deal with this.
>>
>>46840535

Oh? What did you do that caused everyone to die?
>>
>>46840698
HA HA, NO IT DOES NOT.

However, in the spirit of honesty I need to note that many of the alarms in my campaign journal that was posted here were because I have a thing for alarms. They're a vital part of any defensive strategy.
>>
>>46840716
Tried too hard to keep group members who don't like each other much together because they're also my best friends IRL.
>>
>>46840597
Yeah, looking over the Spire, I've always felt like I'd have to run it in the middle of a larger adventure area, like an Isle-of-Dread-alike or a big Underdark chasm.

As I recall, I was going to focus everything on the lich who SHOULD have been the big bad, cut out the weird space flea shit and replace it with Final Form Crystal Lich with similar abilities, and unify things a bit by having all the religious bits be Great Old One stuff and not "Hastur, but also demon lords, but also Norgorber, but also a cube..."
>>
>>46839984
Our session was cancelled this week, so I'm going to go learn a card game with another player. Although our gunslinger mouthed off at the pope, so the fallout will be fun next session.
>>
>>46840698
I play with a group of people that range from good (currently the guys playing our Sorcerer and Cleric) to difficult to deal with (our ranger who thinks they need to RPG steal/take everything not nailed to the floor) and our warrior (one of those 'too much RP not enough murder' people) when they are NOT playing evil characters, so our DM doesn't allow them to because I'm sure at least those 2 of the 4 see 'evil' as 'LET LOOSE THE AUTISM FLOODGATES'.
>>
>>46839984
The campaign I DM is on hiatus right now, the mythic one I play in is looking to finally get good though. We just gathered up the last of the Khalasars to fill out our army and now we're off to assault the First City and take it over so that we can close the upcoming breach into the Material Plane from the far realms.

I expect lots of glorious Deus Vulting to ensue.
>>
can you power attack with a DSP maneuver?
>>
>>46839489
just a bump. I want to know if its worth the purchase beyond finding out what on the last floor.
>>
>>46840977
Depends on the maneuver but generally speaking, yes you can.
>>
>>46841023
sweet thanks
>>
>>46840977
If it has anything that either is an attack or substitues a roll for an attack, yes. Anyone who says otherwise is a retard trying to shit on martials.
>>
>>46839006
Oh snap, I didn't know the comics showed us this much of Thassilon. Almost tempted to check them out now, but not if this is the only good part.
>>
Dear /pfg/its even possible a good full caster sorcerer with average melee build? without the dragon bloodline if possible,
>>
>Battle Mystery Final Revelation
>Upon reaching 20th level, you become an avatar of battle. You can take a full-attack action and move up to your speed as a full-round action (you can move before or after the attacks).

I know capstones arn't really imporant, but it irks me that that the ability is basically "Pounce, except not really".
>>
>>46841095
No.
>>
>>46841096
Final revelations are super schizo. You've got shit like Battle's not-pounce, and then WORSE shit like the elemental mysteries "apply one shitty +1 metamagic to your shitty blast spells for free", and then there's godlike break-the-world capstones like Lore's 1/day free wish and Occult's become-a-ghost-with-unstoppable-plot-regen.
>>
>>46840095
>>46840597
>>
File: 1373407131187.png (1 MB, 1690x947) Image search: [Google]
1373407131187.png
1 MB, 1690x947
>>46841314
Isn't this the follow up to that?
>>
>>46836044
That is the greatest concept for a gelatinous cube ever.
>>
Is it even possible to make a barb with average STR (let's say 14) and make it work decently?
>>
>>46842115
Urban Barbarian or Savage Technologist does pretty well with an "average" Strength.
>>
Is it even possibile to make a barb with average STR (let's say 14) and make it work decently?
>>
>>46842146
Urban Barbarian or Savage Technologist does pretty well with an "average" Strength.
>>
>>46842146
>>46842115
...how the fuck this happened?
>>
>>46842144
>>46842159
... I only posted this once. What?
>>
File: PFSphinx.jpg (22 KB, 249x476) Image search: [Google]
PFSphinx.jpg
22 KB, 249x476
>>46840689
Actually, I forgot, what was the general consensus on Hell's Vengeance, anyway? Was it complete shit, or is it at least a passable AP? Does it actually do "evil party" in any remotely acceptable way or is it all retarded bullshit?

Pic unrelated because I don't have any "PLEASE RESPOND" images.
>>
>>46842192
What the HELL
>>
Citizens will use shittier weapons with longer reload times over the more powerful ones they currently have. At least the first book wasn't very well accepted here, I think.
>>
>>46842208

Book one's mechanic du jour was pretty worthless, and it had some rather laughable encounters. But we're waiting to see how the next couple go before passing judgement, I think.
>>
>>46839984
Finishing my prep for running the later part of Book 4 of RotRL for my group.
>>
>>46842208
One of the later books throws all stealth and subtlety to the wind, and several encounters always auto-know who you are what you want and thus are auto-hostile.

>Want to talk your way out of it? TOO BAD! THESE PEOPLE THAT HAVE NEVER MET YOU NOR HEARD OF YOU NOR HAVE ANY DIRECT REASON TO BELIEVE SO KNOW IN THEIR HEARTS THAT YOU ARE THE BADDIES AND IMMEDIATELY REACT ACCORDINGLY! NO YOU CAN'T TRY ANYTHING, FUCK YOU!
>>
>>46842334
Doesn't that paladin "fall" with their tactics anyways? But not really because story calls for it so they'll just atone later and keep all their powers for now
>>
>>46842146
Is it possible? Yes, wait, is that 14 their unaltered Str or is that when they're raging? I'm hoping the former and even then, yes still quite possible. Though it also depends on your group and GM and the style of play you do.

Combat generally isn't a focus in my group's homebrew games, so having 14s in main stats is pretty common, especially since we usually use a 15 point buy.
>>
>>46842361

Doesn't he attempt to "surrender" himself so he can attack you? Pretty sure perfidy is, if not explicitly forbidden, frowned upon by most paladin orders.
>>
>>46842407
It would be alright if they weren't a Paladin of Iomedae, whose code EXPLICITLY IS AGAINST what the dude is doing.
>>
File: 1448292864462.jpg (156 KB, 751x1063) Image search: [Google]
1448292864462.jpg
156 KB, 751x1063
PFG, I AM DRUNK. PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT WAY OF THE WICKED AND YOUR EXPERIENCES WITH IT; I'M SEEKING A NEW AP TO ATTEMPT TO RUN FOR MY TWO-PLAYER, PROBABLY WITH HEALBOT DMPC, PARTY.
>>
AIGHT GUYS SECOND SHOT AT 4ARMED RACE

Ability Score Racial Traits: +2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Int
Size: [] are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Base Speed: [] have a base speed of 30 feet.
Languages: [] begin play speaking Common and [racial language]. [] with high Intelligence scores can choose >insert languages here

Weaknesses:

Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light blinds members of this race for 1 round; on subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area.

Senses Racial Traits: Darkvision, 60ft

Movement Racial Traits:

Climber: Members of this race have a climb speed of 20 feet, and gain the +8 racial bonus on Climb checks that a climb speed normally grants.

Magic Racial Traits:

Aggressive Magic: [] are well versed in offensive magic, and as such add +1 to the DC of any spell they cast that deals damage

Other Racial Traits:

Multi-Armed: A [] has four arms, one hand is designated the main hand, another the off hand, and the other two arms function as Alchemist vestigal arms
Shifted it away from shadow-fuckery and more into an aggressive, also downgraded multi-armed to just free vestigal arms rather than giving access to multi-weapon fighting

Better?
>>
>>46842527
It suffers pretty badly from "you guys are edgy badasses who've done serious things... at level one, in a prison that might very well kill you" at the start. It's also kinda railroady, but that's less bad compared to the very start.
>>
>>46842527
It leans a bit edgy and high-fantasy for my tastes, but I wouldn't call it a bad AP. Jumps RIGHT into the mass-murder and fighting good outsiders and all that; you slaughter an entire prison's staff, a whole ship of smugglers, an entire manned fortress with archon backup, and potentially a town by the end of the first book.
>>
>>46842527
IS THIS PARTY IRL OR ONLINE
>>
>>46842623
IRL SON, I'M ONE OF THE PLAYERS!
>>
>>46842527
It's both an edgelord campaign as well as needing 'you all work together because I say so' kind of bullshit. It's also horribly edited and will need you, the GM, to rewrite a shit ton of things so they make even a little bit of sense. There's no room for any RP other than 'hurr durr I'm evil and awesome because I'm evil'.
>>
File: seething.jpg (165 KB, 501x679) Image search: [Google]
seething.jpg
165 KB, 501x679
>>46842527
They had one job. ONE. JOB.
>>
File: ToN.jpg (389 KB, 1536x864) Image search: [Google]
ToN.jpg
389 KB, 1536x864
>>46842851
Could be worse. Could be Throne of Night. HE HAS ONE JOB AND HE'S HAD THREE FUCKING YEARS TO DO IT, WHERE THE FUCK IS BOOK THREE?
>>
>>46842745
I'm fairly good at expanding on these things but can you provide some examples thereof? Preferably in spoilers so my player knows not to read it?
>>
Hello, I am one of Gareth's players and he INSISTS that I come on here and ask you about my problem.
My problem is simple. I want to play a good melee/magic character but so far I have found no options that feel right. I have looked into the Mage Hunter prestige class but it feels like a downgrade in both melee and magic. My intended entry was from Warder, but I am open to suggestions.
>>
>>46842921
From the moment book one starts until book five, the party is forced into service to the high priest of Asmodeus. They MUST go to him after their jailbreak, they MUST sign a contract swearing fealty to him and Asmodeus, he spies on them all the time, and there is ZERO allowance for getting out of any of it until the plot says so.

Every mission within those books is just doing what said high priest says at all times. Book 2, for instance, sees the party spend 222 days at a daemonic ritual site in the jungle, preparing a ritual to summon a big-dick daemon to get a magical plague from him. This is actually pretty well handled, and there's all sorts of stuff for infiltrating and establishing gangs in the nearby settlement, enslaving/conscripting local monster groups, fending off adventuring parties, and all that. Then, on the very last day before the ritual completes, the book declares "okay, every single force the party recruited that isn't mook-tier or left over from last book turns on them. All of them, all at once, everything goes, you can't keep anything, fuck you"
>>
>>46842921
I would by my group decided to quit the campaign when we finished book 2 (the GM agreed to stopping as well) because of how badly things were edited. We just wen're having fun with the railroading and book 3 looked terrible with it's stuff happens once a week while someone in the party has to do this ritual 3 times a day for 333 days, you know, doing the ritual 666 times so basically if it's done correctly, the party should always be at least 1 person down with a split party for all of book 3.

There's plenty of reason for the party to not work together, they're all supposed to be evil afterall, so after breaking out of prison they should do the logical thing and split up, but no, there's NPCs who say 'work for me, even if you have no reason to work for me, I helped you escape the death penalty so you're now indentured to me forever and ever. Do what I say, because reasons.

>>46842894
That's another reason we stopped, took way too long to get all of WotW from the author via kickstarter. The guy is just plain bad with pacing, writing and scheduling.
>>
>>46843086
oops, my math in the spoiler is totally wrong.
>>
>>46843039
We'll want slightly more details to better guide you:
WHAT do you want out of magic, and what do you want out of melee?

For example, if you mostly just want to magically boost your combat capabilities, that's very different from "I want to magi-sleuth around when I'm not swinging my sword-axe"
>>
>>46843192
With Melee: I want to hit things in the face really hard and kill them.
With Magic: I want to blast things in the face really hard and kill them. Maybe some utility stuff too.
>>
>>46843192
>>46843209
Would it help if he provided media examples of what he's after?
>>
>>46843209
Magus sounds similar to what you're wanting. Maybe Inquisitor.

What kinds of builds is the group using? Point buy? Any house rules? Gestalt?
>>
>>46843209
Elementalist?

Pretty alright blasting damage, and wouldn't be too bad in a scrap either, especially if you're open to using Energy Weapon.
>>
File: ThatGM_Writes_An_AP_Ending.png (3 MB, 2115x912) Image search: [Google]
ThatGM_Writes_An_AP_Ending.png
3 MB, 2115x912
>>46842921
Way of the Wicked's main problem is that the authors, despite writing an evil AP, seem convinced that an evil AP can't possibly work without devolving into PVP.

The lawful-evil focus of the campaign is mostly an excuse to keep the PCs firmly under the thumb of the resident railroad-maintenance-NPC. In particular, the first book is extremely blatant in giving the PCs no real choices but to work for an archcleric of Asmodeus, which includes signing away their souls to hell (which literally anyone knows is a stupid idea that never ends well). Said archcleric continues to railroad everyone around for 2/3 of the AP, and once the party finally gets to kill him off, he's instantly replaced by a pit fiend.

Once the party actually takes over and reaches a position of power, the plot falls into the exact opposite trap; all the rails fall away, and the 6th book is "here's a list of things the PCs might want to fuck around with; waste time until the Big Final Ultimate Battle is ready". Said battle is against a Mary Sue who the PCs encountered several books before, and the AP just flatly says "don't ever let them touch this NPC in any way until the final battle, divine artifact fiat".

And, speaking of the final battle, the author cements himself as a king of That GMs by spending a whole page suggesting ways to make the last fight completely unwinnable, because a months-long campaign ending in an enforced TPK is "more dramatically appropriate".

Oh, and in the extra 7th book, they suggest a big neato apocalyptic ritual the PCs can work towards as a final goal. Said ritual results in the whole continent being physically dragged into Hell, at which point the pit fiend from before shows up and laughs about how it was all a trick and the PCs are automatically reduced to his eternal slaves. There is no foreshadowing of any kind, nor any route to avoid this.

tl;dr WotW has good ideas, but really shit authors who try their hardest to spoil everything.
>>
File: 1453839836439.png (569 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
1453839836439.png
569 KB, 1080x720
>>46843074
>>46843086
>>46843276
>>
File: FORWARD.png (205 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
FORWARD.png
205 KB, 800x900
>>46843257
25 point buy, DSP & Paizo races unrestricted. 2 traits and potentially a Crime (Way of the Wicked). Free swap for a Discipline without necessarily having to take a Tradition.

To expand, having spoken to him (he's in the room with me), think, "switch-hitter, but the ranged is blasting magic instead of a weapon."
>>
>>46843333
Spoilers were asked for, spoilers were given. Also it's a very low tier campaign.
>>
>>46843074
>>46843086
>>46843276
Thank you anons. I will contemplate this in my drunken state.
>>
>>46843257
>Magus
Magus never really feels like its good at doing either magic or melee, at least to me. Maybe I'm just an idiot.
>Inquisitor
They can't really blast or melee.
>>
>>46843359
Im not worried about the spoilers, I'm just shocked at how fucking awful it all sounds
>>
>>46843347
Yeah, I'd probably say Elementalist. Or a Mageknight with the feat and trait to get +7 CL for one blast type.

And maybe that one other feat for another +2.

Basically Mageknight if he wants more smashy, Elementalist if he wants more blasty.
>>
>>46843347
Riven/E-Flux/M.Current is a great option for a Harbinger/Wizard/Bladecaster, or even just a straight Harbinger.
>>
I seem to get the feeling that nobody nowadays knows how to write a Evil campaign.
>>
>>46843428
Mageknight is a sucky tier 4.
>>
>>46843398
Ah. Well yeah, it's a pretty bad AP overall.
>>
>>46843489
It still has access to minor magic, and Mystic Combats are fly as heck.

>>46843476
Issue is that Good is generally more internally consistent. Evil has a much, MUCH wider array of potential motivations.
>>
>>46843476
Did they ever?
>>
>>46843476
People forget that being an evil campaign doesn't necessarily mean that the PCs should be out to take over the world. There's lots of ways to be an evil party without being bloodthirsty murderhobos. Leave the bloodthirsty murderhoboing to the paladins.

A full party of evil is plenty easy to deal with, who says that evil can't fight evil. Dark heroes is one way to do things.
>>
>>46843431
>Magus
>Spells
Lol.

>Harbinger
>smashing things in the face
Top lol.
>>
>>46843599

Aw, but dark heroes are so depressing! I want my evil to be upbeat and refreshing!
>>
>>46843624
He didn't say Magus at all, Bladecaster is a Prestige class.

Harbingers are great at melee, just like every other PoW class, because that's the fucking point.

Fuck off.
>>
>>46843347
Have you considered an Aurora Soul with Mithral Current and the combo feat + the feat to use IUS with Mithral Current?

Up close, punch things to death with your giant hands. At range, throw 'sword beams' that are giant elemental hadokens.
>>
File: dream world.jpg (321 KB, 795x550) Image search: [Google]
dream world.jpg
321 KB, 795x550
Would you play a campaign in the Dimension of Dreams, /pfg/?
>>
File: DQ3 Hero.jpg (14 KB, 222x227) Image search: [Google]
DQ3 Hero.jpg
14 KB, 222x227
>>46843624
>>46843644
Hey now. No fighting.

>>46843347
>>46843657
For the record this is kinda what I want to play... sorta? A offense heavy melee guy with a sword who shoots magical blast attacks and has utility magic on the side.
>>
>>46843209
My first thought there for you is actually a Mystic. It's "martial" but mostly supernatural hits and blasts with some solid utilities.

It's not technically "a spellcaster", but only in that Supernatural rather than Spell-Like means you can actually "cast fist" without eating all the Attacks of Opportunity, and in that you get to refresh all this shit per encounter instead of once a day after sleeping.

Many of those abilities are equally usable in melee or with ranged weapons as well, so you can use whatever you want for the most part there too.
>>
>>46843713
>Not adventuring in The Lost
>>
>>46843644
Tangentially related - what's the earliest you can enter Bladecaster, without Equipment Trick (Sunrod)?

You need at the minimum Wizard 3, and might as well go Wizard 4 for BAB +2, but then you need two levels in a full BAB class to get the +4 required, which puts you at 6 levels, one over the minimum skill rank prerequisite.

Am I missing something here, or is Equipment Trick (Sunrod) and/or Esoteric Training (for Wizard 2/Warder 3 entry) mandatory to qualify at 5th level?
>>
>>46843748
Could go regular Mystic then with Elemental Current. You won't have full on spellcasting, but Mystics can craft magic items and use spell-trigger items. So you'd be a magical swordsman with some utility trinkets to provide the spells you need. Elemental Current Mystics do good damage, since 'weakness to element' is basically +50% damage on a Mystic (they can spend 1 Animus to convert all the damage from any Strike to your currently active element)
>>
>>46843766
I don't know, whenever I play a mystic I feel like I'm not going to survive melee. Like I'm just a skirmisher or something.
>>
File: confused mystery.gif (1 MB, 294x253) Image search: [Google]
confused mystery.gif
1 MB, 294x253
>>46843778
The who what?
>>
>>46843802
Grandmother doesn't approve of your tone.
>>
>>46843798
Take some Veiled Moon on the side. Veiled Moon counters are some of the best (One-round intangibility? Yessir) and it's a Mystic discipline if I remember correctly. You've got the spare maneuvers to actually DO two-and-a-half disciplines.
>>
File: Dwarf Medic2.png (552 KB, 1920x899) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Medic2.png
552 KB, 1920x899
>>46839984
More Dwarven Medic shenanigans to come! Hopefully without having to fix a fucking gate for ten hours beforehand, our DM will be able to plan shit properly.
>>
>>46843827
That... that doesn't really solve the weak-in-melee problem.
>>
>>46843748
I'd say Elementalist then.

They have 3/4 BAB and 3/4 CL, with full CL in Destruction. Also get Evasion, a static Dodge bonus, and some extra combat feats.

The 3/4 CL for everything else means you've got decent utility power.

And the 3/4 BAB means you can still hit things in melee. The loss of an iterative doesn't matter if you go with Energy Weapon, since you'd only be getting one attack anyway.
>>
File: confused bird.gif (122 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
confused bird.gif
122 KB, 500x281
>>46843819
Of whom do you speak?
>>
>>46843798
Between the counters and glyphs, and your ability to hit like a truck and/or deploy status effects and other fuckeries...

.... If you're that worried, Dip it with Aegis?
>>
>>46843848
>Weak in melee

Mystic damage is incredibly strong though? They're probably one of the hardest hitting classes thanks to Animus and native access to E. Flux, especially if you go for a Daisho Expertise build. A katana with +1 die size and then +1 or 2 virtual size increases does great damage.
>>
>>46843887
If he's worried defensively a reach weapon won't hurt there either. A magic/melee character will often be seen as the "second line" fighter, rather than "in the front like a Main-Tank" anyways; but you can actually do devastating damage and good defense for allies with a solid polearm, using your enhanced killzone.

The level 3 stance for E-Flux gives good dodge and init in Air mode too.
>>
>>46843931
Yeah, a polearm is also a viable choice. Works with M. Current (Which actually becomes your primary damage dealer) and gives you good damage dice + reach.
>>
>>46843638
I like to play my evil PCs as a roaring funguy from A Clockwork Orange.
>>
>>46843039
>Mage Hunter prestige class
Is okay, but you don't get Stance of the Mage Killer until WAY too late. Basically it takes ~10 levels and two qualifying feats to get to where a Magus starts the game.
>>
>>46843967
Jovial evil is one of the most fun ways to play an evil PC, I agree
>>
>>46840586
Boaty McBoatface?
>>
>>46843957
>Reach Weapons
>Viable
>Pathfinder
Not really.
>>
>>46844162
How do you figure? Because every reach weapon character I've ever played or played with has been awesome.

Shit, there are some that are even just slightly worse than the almighty greatsword/falchion. A loss that is easily made up by extra AoOs and the other benefits of longer reach.
>>
>>46844162
Reach weapons are still fine
>>
>>46844162
Reach weapons are fine. And Mithral Current even has Init-mod based Combat Reflexes as a stance, so that you can take advantage of your reach for extra AoOs without needing to spend a feat. (and it stacks with the feat)
>>
>Want to take Martial Training
So, at least in the abstract, which Disciplines are worth taking through this? I'm a fan of added utility/tricksyness, so would Sleeping Goddess or Veiled Moon be worth the feats?
>>
>>46843396
DSP shill
>>
>>46844233
>>46844162
The Path of War stuff helps them immensely.

Granted, in regular pathfinder, the old cumguzzling fucktardation of "aha! because it's long, I can get INSIDE its reach and win!" is a thing, but the feats and maneuvers available with PoW will fix that stupid shit.

Although it's sickening that it takes a feat to do this still.
>>
>>46844299
Armor Spikes. Suddenly you don't have a dead zone. Yes, you do less damage, but you're hitting them. It's not like you're completely incapable of doing so. AND they probably ate an AoO to get into your "dead zone" in the first place.
>>
What items are benefitial to a cleric necromancer NPC?
>>
>>46844349
Can't use armor spikes and two-handed reach weapons because "hands"
>>
If my Half-Orc Arcanist take Animal Ally feat and then Beast rider feat, can he now use Gorthek as his animal companion?

How is Gorthek compare to +2 level Elephant anyway?
>>
>>46844370
uh

thats not how armor spikes work
>>
>>46844370
Hilariously incorrect. You can't TWF with Armor Spikes and a 2H weapon, no. But you absolutely can have Armor Spikes on your armor, and they are considered a weapon you are wielding, regardless of what is in your hands.

I wish people would actually read the rules they're trying to talk about.
>>
>>46844370

You just can't TWF with them, as I recall. Armor spike shoulder check is A-OK.

So is wearing a spiked gauntlet or Cestus and just punching them up close.
>>
>>46844162
If anything they're more viable, since Tumbling to avoid AoOs is harder. CMD can become hard as balls to overcome.
>>
>>46844423
FAQ bullshit I think, although a level dip in monk means was mentioned last time this argument happened.
>>
>>46844370
You can't use them for TWF. You can still use them for AoO though. Actually, you can even use them during the same iterative attack, just not TWF (or anything that grant extra attack).
>>
>>46844423
http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9qw9
Sadly they do

>>46844437
Sadly you can't take free actions on opponent's turns when they would be moving into your reach.
>>
>>46844440
FAQ only preventing TWF with armor spike/gauntlet.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.