[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The PC's successfully slay the evil Sorcerer in his tower,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: original (1).jpg (35 KB, 720x360) Image search: [Google]
original (1).jpg
35 KB, 720x360
The PC's successfully slay the evil Sorcerer in his tower, but his massive military, instead of fleeing in terror and disbanding as predicted, stood firm approached with their generals.

They do not want to disband. They want to fight because fighting is all they know and love and the Sorcerer promised war. They ask to serve the King and help him 'conquer the world'. They will fight if forced to disband.

How does the King respond?
>>
File: lel.gif (1 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
lel.gif
1 MB, 300x225
>points at half the army
>"You, Red Team."
>points at other half
>"You, Blue Team.
>points at efl-slave
>"You, Popcorn."
>>
Build a bunch of arenas and host gladiatorial matches until they're all dead.
>>
>>46833590
What king refuses a free army?
>>
>>46833590
Everyone has enemies...and now is a good time to get rid of a few.

Guess Carl is about to find out what happens when he doesn't send me a Christmas card.
>>
>>46833590
Ok first order, everyone take a fucking bath, and in water not the blood of enemies, second we're going to train you again, need to know how to work with my regulars, after that we will go around and make conquest of all lands that are wicked and wrong, you will need to be patient but you will have your wars
>>
That really depends on the nature of other kingdoms in the setting. For example, OPic is Saruman's orcs, in which case it would be perfectly sensible to sick them at Mordor.

There are few kings with no living enemies, and those ones can still use them against constructs and undead. There is probably a useful place to send them to, though of course we don't the details of OP's setting so I'm just guessing here.

If all else fails, divide them into tiny parties and create an adventurer's guild. Go hunt monsters and get a bunch of free orcish henchmen!
>>
>>46833771
I gather it's mostly asking GM's how their setting ruler would respond to 'warhungry orcs asking for work watdo'
>>
If CK2 has taught me anything, event troops are upkeep free but don't reinforce. So I use them to assault enemy holdings while my own armies are recuperating.
>>
>>46833771
>in which case it would be perfectly sensible to sick them at Mordor
Yeah, if you're looking to expand Sauron's forces. They'd join him in a heartbeat.
>>
>>46833794
When the Reman Empire (TES for you philistines out there) was faced with much this same situation they founded the Fighters Guild.

Seems like a good idea here.
>>
>>46833711
Fucking Carl, he's such a dick.
>>
>>46833590
There are creatures in the ocean, deep down. I want you to kill them all.
>>
>>46833796
Why waste them like that? They're upkeep free, you should be using them to stackwipe enemy armies at the start of a war while levies are rallying, if you have a retinue use them to normal siege a holding or two in the wargoal so enemy doesn't get ticking warscore then back up event troops, crush enemy levies before they group up and use your own to carpet siege. Easy peasy.

But if you're actually playing as a country that gets a decent amount of event troops you should stop being a "guys check out my epin byzantine roman reformation blob ebin rite :D".
>>
>>46834000
>industrious orcs go out looking for oil
>they find it and begin pumping it up
>leads it directly into the ocean
Was mass extinction part of your plan?
>>
>>46833853
No, he's saying they're the orcs fighting at the black gate when sauron gets #rekt, and that you should use them to defeat/subjugate the rest of mordor.
>>
>>46834139
Orcs are not industrious without their wizard masters.
>>
>put orcs in uniforms of rival king
>send them to attack rival king's neighbors
>neighbors turn on rival king
>use the rest of the orcs to sweep in when the region is in chaos
>still have a large orc army
The Qin did something similar, no false-flagging but it seemed to work out.
>>
>>46833771
OPic is Sauron's Orcs.
>>
>>46834112
Because they don't reinforce? You should commit event troops to actual combat only at uttermost need cause they also count for your troop ratio to decide whether a faction is powerful or not. Using them in campaigns kills them off quickly, and they don't come back. They must be carefully husbanded, by using them to just sit on a county and siege the holdings.
>>
>>46834236
You said you wanted to ASSAULT holdings, and there is no faster way to run down their numbers than that. Plus, they don't take attrition until you get stupidly high numbers. I'm suggesting you use them to crush the tiny stacks of levy at the start of a war, then back them up with your own levy and retinue. Obviously you should only use them to engage a main enemy army if necessary.

If you really, really need to assault a holding, use levy. Though honestly, assaulting is rarely necessary, most people just do it because they're impatient. It's not like in EU3 and 4 where sieges can last for years.
>>
>>46834236
>>46834385
Also
>they also count for your troop ratio to decide whether a faction is powerful or not
If you need event troops to help you there, you've overstepped and need to ease back. Event troops are a nice bonus thing to have, you should never depend on them. Mostly because they don't reinforce and ultimately can't be relied upon. Even more precarious than relying on mercenary armies.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.