[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Year is 2117. >Mankind has made a machine that they can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
>Year is 2117.
>Mankind has made a machine that they can use to replicate almost any situation and downloads one's mind into a digital body.
>Someone in business sees this and eventually decides to use said technology to make a "digital arena" where people can use the machine as a sport. Spending millions to get the arenas people would have to go to for the sake of either watching or participating.
>He manages to legally set up a Colosseum but was had to use fictional characters only. No exceptions, because reasons.
>Pretty much Chaotic with /tg/ and the monsters aren't real.
>Each character is balanced to be able to fight any other character, but is replicated to the best of the simulations ability. Same with "locations".
>It becomes popular as fuck. Person who owns the arenas becomes rich as fuck and sets up cash prizes in tournaments.
How can such a arena affect a society? Also, who would you main if you participated in it?
>>
>>46819262
your primary mistake was assuming that once such a technology exists, the economy would be recognizable in any way, shape, or form.

you just, in one stroke, removed mortality in any reasonable way, created a post-scarcity society, and resolved every physical differentiator between people.

our entire civilization as we know it would crumble and be reborn in the space of a few short years.
>>
>>46819917
Well yes but this is fiction, so we can throw certain facts like that out a window.
>>
>>46819262
The God-Emperor of Mankind.
Or Issac Clarke
>>
File: Leon_S._Kennedy.png (93 KB, 175x486) Image search: [Google]
Leon_S._Kennedy.png
93 KB, 175x486
>>46820181
>Clarke.
>Not RE4 Leon.
Bet you don't even play tetris with your inventory.
>>
>>46819917
I think he meant for all of this to happen inside of a computer simulation, not in meatspace.
>>
>>46820268
That's exactly what I mean't, I just phrased it shitily.
In other words, it's the Matrix.
>>
>>46820315
Meant*
Fuck I'm off today.
>>
File: images.jpg (19 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
19 KB, 259x194
>>46819262
>Any fictional character.
>All characters are balanced.

ARE YE READY KIDS!!!??
>>
>>46819262
This is just esports.
>>
>>46822931
>>
File: coldsteel.jpg (12 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
coldsteel.jpg
12 KB, 320x180
>who would you main if you participated in it?

Pssh... nothin personnel kid...
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.