[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alternate Superpowers from Trauma
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 4
File: 1340898374172.jpg (183 KB, 823x620) Image search: [Google]
1340898374172.jpg
183 KB, 823x620
I recently saw a thread for superpowers that are based on real trauma. The OP for that thread was using a Worm/Weaver Dice power philosophy.

I have no fucking clue what that means, nor was I very impressed by the powers granted or the reasoning behind them, so I've decided to reboot the thread idea.

Tell me about real life traumas you've experienced, and I'll grant you a superpower that would result from and help abate said trauma. A trauma is usually a singular event, so if it's a long past of abuse, choose the very worst part.

If you like your superpower (or even if you hate it), feel free to tell us how you'd use your powers, and even describe yourself as a hero (or villain) if you'd like.
>>
>>46819088
Broke my spine in a car wreck
>>
Just this winter I was misdiagnosed with HIV.
>>
>>46819088
I'm lactose intolerant and I have G.E.R.D (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease)
>>
>>46819152
Not OP
How'd that happen?
>>
>>46819226
Got some routing blood work and figured, since it was offered, I'd do the HIV one too. A few days later I get called into my physician with REALLY bad news. A week later it came to their attention that the hospital made a big clerical error.
>>
>>46819276
>HURRAY BUREAUCRACY!

Anyway, glad that worked out for you.
>>
>>46819130
A mad scientist attaches a robotic titanium alloy graft to your spine. This expediates your recovery time, and gives you control of your body if you were at all paralyzed by the accident. The graft has a rudimentary intelligence of it's own. In stressful situations, the graft takes control of your body. It feels what you feel, knows what you know, and it will protect itself at any cost, including the life of its host. Fortunately, it's programmed with knowledge of nigh all martial arts, parkour, and weapons training.
>>
>>46819324
That's not bureaucracy, anon.
>>
>>46819152
Christ that's fucking scary.
>>46819276

You gain the ability to tell reality to "CHECK AGAIN". You can rewind a short while and change small details of reality fairly easily. An example of this would be a gunman shooting himself in the head when he was originally aiming at you.
>>
>>46819088
As a big fat guy, a sudden, powerful cramp across my entire chest that made it hard to breathe had me utterly terrified. It lasted for all the hours it took to get to the ER, where they found nothing wrong with me. Turned out later it was muscular and disappeared completely after a physical therapist body-slammed my spine. The terror was real, though.
>>
Ive been bitten by dogs, cats a horse and even by a bunny. I have been pecked by chicken and turkeys and a fucking ostritch in a zoo. A horse kicked me, another has stomped on my toes. A cat has scratched me. Sheep have rammed into me. A woman did all of the above.
>>
>>46819181
This is not a trauma, but I'll work with it.

After consuming a large quantity of milk in a desperate attempt to commit suicide, your body rejected the unwanted liquid in a great fiery gout from your mouth.

Dairy now fuels your fiery napalm vomit, but be warned, consuming too much can still damage you.
>>
>>46819152
Well I can do you one better. A few years back I was correctly diagnosed with HIV.
>>
>>46819407
Cracking your back (or any joint knuckles) grants you a great boon of courage and confidence, but it also causes a temporary aura of fear to surround you and affect others.

You're still fat, though.
>>
>>46819483
>You're still fat, though.
Dammit, there goes my last hope.

That's actually not a bad power.
>>
>>46819411
You gain the ability to take on the attributes of any nonhuman animal that has inflicted serious harm onto you. Super scent, excellent reflexes, great strength and speed, even flight is possible. Unfortunately, this power only works if you've been injured by a woman within the last 12 hours.
>>
Leukemia when I was 12
>>
>>46819454
You gain the ability to pass any affliction/illness/injury/curse you have to another person. When used, this power totally cures you, but whoever you've passed the affliction onto suffers twice as badly.
>>
>>46819088
I have suffered from abuse, but there is no singular event that stands out. It was more about the process of being broken down completely.

So I would have to say that one of the worst things I've experienced as a single event must have been when I saw two people getting shot to death on the street I live.
>>
>>46819589
Ended that relationship years ago after almost punching the bitch in the face and decided its not worth it. My current gf has no violence in her body so no idea how i could make use of this. Maybe slap some random asses on thr street
>>
>>46819386
To become a hero, I get everything I can to monitor events. Holed up in a communications bunker, I monitor the world and make what small changes I can. Some drunk plows through a gaggle of pedestrians? Maybe he lost his keys while out drinking. A fuse just didn't properly react on a suicide vest. This is an amazing power. But I can't think of a good pun name though.
>>
>>46819595
Congrats on beating cancer, assuming it's been in remission this long.

The radiation and chemotherapy used to save your life worked...way too well. You can store chemical (food) energy in your body as radiation and eject it as powerful beams of heat and light. Unfortunately, the treatments also made your body toxic to all living things. Anything you touch will wither and die shortly after. Human contact is absolutely deadly.
>>
>>46819703
Superhero name: Guardian Angel
>>
>>46819703
time-censor?
faq-check?
>>
>>46819659
You can take injuries away from people and transfer them to those that you deem to be deserving of them. You can't bring people back to life, but you can save them from the brink of death. This power requires you to be making physical contact with both subjects. You can transfer grievous wounds to yourself and "hold" them until you can touch someone to give them to. This is a noble gift, but you can very easily end up dead if you're not careful with it.
>>
I found my mom after she killed herself after battling depression and skitzophrenia
>>
>>46819802
>faq-checker
Ooh, yes. I like that.
>>
Previous thread visitor here. I'll post what i put up in the last one.
Killed 3 people in self defense. First one was at age 10.
Messed me up for life setting me down the road to depression which the other 2 compounded into a crippling depression that pills either didn't work on or made worse and that caused therapists to give up on me after a bit.
No one within my age group even now 13 years later has come anywhere close to dealing with this so social support has been non-existent. I've given myself till age 25 to get better before i decide to lay down on the local train tracks or start up my car inside a closed garage or something.
>>
>>46819088
Orphaned
>>
>>46819843
You can give people visions of dead loved ones, with their personalities being either as the person remembered them or your own creation. This can be used to give a mourner a chance to say goodbye, or to haunt an enemy with nightmarish visions.
>>
>>46819088

Testicular cancer...twice
>>
>>46819843
That's rough. I found my step-dad in a similar way. I didn't like him much, but it absolutely destroyed my mother, psychologically. I'll give you the power I wish I had.

You can selectively take away people's memories. This may be used to cure victims of PTSD, wipe a villain's scheme from his mind, or anything in between. You can use this power on yourself to clean out any useless, embarrassing, or just terrible memories you may have.
>>
>>46819088
When I was in the 5th grade I fell off a roof and damn near tore my arm off. I landed on a sharp fence which gave me a flesh wound that you could fit you hand in. Any deeper and I would've hit an artery.
>>
>>46819987
Not op, but I assume it won't be flight.
>>
>>46819859
You become psychologically immune to the trauma of violence. Killing, death, and gore don't bother you at all. You also become a master martial artist, able to take down almost any foe in melee combat. You need not use this power to become a mindless killer. It would be equally as useful for someone like a trauma surgeon, police officer, or soldier.

Sometimes the world becomes a better place when a particular individual dies. The core of your power is that you truly understand that. You're gonna be okay, man.
>>
>>46819875
Give a little more info for me to work with. Otherwise you're just gonna be Batman.

>>46819893
Your testes recover...with a terrible fervor. You become very horny and VERY fertile. Even a single one of your sperm cells touching a female's skin will impregnate her. Enjoy being the next Genghis Khan.
>>
>>46820104
Heart attack and cancer in separate incidents
>>
>>46819987
>>46820025
Fuck that guy. Your wounds healed...strangely, your arms elongated and grew feathers. A year after your accident, you had full fledged wings. Two years after, you were able to take to the skies. Your hands still work fine, but you look kind of strange with big wings instead of regular arms.
>>
>>46819088
I've had my friends deliberately abandon me when I was having a panic attack, which led to me having a literal mental breakdown for a few hours.
They didn't know, but they do now
>>
>>46820143
Your cancer mutates into a beneficial force. Instead of growing cancerous cells, your body grows extra organs. This includes a new healthy heart. You must regularly donate these extra organs or your ribcage and abdomen will burst.
>>
>>46820171
You will never be alone again. You gain a spiritual companion that only you can see and hear. It looks like your favorite animal. It has a great wealth of wisdom to share with you, and it will help you in dark times with sound and reasonable advice.
>>
>>46819821
That's pretty neat. Although honestly I think that in everyday life I'd use it for self harm. "Oh, you hurt yourself while chopping potatoes? Here, let me take it".

As a hero I would probably just stab myself and give it to people. Though, there might be some interesting situations where I could be creative with it.
>>
>>46819088
I have a brain thing where I am really bad at visualizing things and have poor fine motor skill and perception of time.
>>
>>46819088
I got the shit kicked out of me by my girlfriend's abusive father. He ended up in jail, but it was worst physical and psychological beating I've ever taken. It's a horrible feeling, to try and help someone you care about but fail so painfully and completely.
>>
>>46819703
Captain hindsight.
>>
>>46820143
>>46820278
I just realized you meant your parents...I'm not changing my answer though. You inherit heart disease and cancer from them, and then get the assigned power.
>>
>>46820370
That's very creative. I wouldn't have thought about passing on self inflicted injuries. You should try running or some other cardio instead of self harm though. It releases the same endorphins and makes you look better instead of worse.
>>
>>46820422
You will never know that feeling again, anon, for you are now a Paladin. You can gain "experience" and "level up" to level 20 as if this were D&D 5th edition by helping people out and beating up evildoers.
>>
>>46820405
You gain supercognition. You don't see. You don't feel. You KNOW. You don't aim where they are. You just throw where you know they're going to be. You no longer need good motor skills to be dexterous, and you always know what time it is, so your poor perception of the passing of time is moot.

You NEVER fucking miss. Good luck in the major leagues.
>>
>>46820422
You gain the ability to "imprison" your foes. By concentrating on them, you limit their movement. Concentrating hard enough slows a greater number of people or even totally freezes a small number of people. This ability is very physically taxing though. You may need blood transfusions and recovery time after hard use. Overuse without rest or treatment will kill you. Be careful.
>>
>>46820520
Thats cool I guess. But I still cant picture the purple elephant.
>>
>>46819088
I saved my sister from drowning when I was 8 and she was 6. She is totally fine but I hate water and become physically ill and start shaking whenever I get in any large enough body of water to swim in.
>>
>>46820615
Addendum: You can also picture a purple elephant...but nothing else...Think of these powers like Daredevil's. He wasn't cured of blindness when he got his powers. He was in fact blinded BUT also granted a boon to overcome his blindness.
>>
>>46820720
You become physically hydrophobic in addition to psychologically hydrophobic. You literally can't get wet. Liquids bounce and roll off of you. Jumping into a pool will just land you on the surface, which would behave somewhat like gelatin. You can no longer drink liquids, so you must regularly hydrate through an IV. You don't get smelly or unclean, because your sweat falls right off of you.
>>
>>46819088
got caught mastrubating
>>
>>46820816
You can turn invisible...Your bodily fluids turn visible once they leave your body though.
>>
I got a bacterial STD from a girl I was dating. Not only did I get the STD but I found out she lied to me about how many guys she slept with.
>>
>>46820860
You gain the ability to see the truth of people's hearts. You can't out direct lies, but you can tell if someone is a liar or untrustworthy.
>>
I once stepped on a piece of broken mirror and bled for hours looking for where my roommate moved the first aid kit. It was a surprisingly large amount of blood, was a real mess.
>>
>>46821006
You can use a small pool of your own blood as a scrying mirror. This allows you to see anyone or anything you can think of in the present, but you can't see into the past or future.
>>
I was born with a vestigial third lung which had to be surgically removed because it was taking extra blood from my heart.
>>
raped and stabbed when I wouldn't reciprocate advances.
sick scar though

Give me a good one
>>
>>46821083
You can improve the functionality of a single organ up to supernatural levels, but only one at a time and if you push it too far your other organs start decreasing in efficiency.

Like your liver would let you filter toxins and clot blood like a motherfucker, your lungs could let you hold your breath for ages and perform sonic attacks, your heart lets you pump blood faster and makes your muscles nearly inexhaustible, your stomach would give you absurd metabolism and some regeneration. And so on and so forth.
>>
>>46821083
Super-breath.
>>
>>46821083
>>46821293
This.

>>46821224
You have the ability to kill anyone you've ever had sex with just by thinking it. The downside is that they all instinctively know this.
>>
>>46819643
Hang the fuck on, what happens if you pump this guy full of immunosuppressants so that they can contract whatever they just passed on again? Is this the path to Super Ebola?
>>
>>46821467
Found the supervillain.
>>
Posted in that thread but can post again.

Lost my leg and some other parts when I ran into an apartment fire to save some kids.
>>
Broke my leg into almost a 90 degree angle about a year ago, now I have a metal rod between my ankle and shin to keep it straight and rigid, have to walk with a cane to not limp everywhere now.
>>
>>46819088
When I was a little kid, I was riding one of those scooter things that's like a skateboard with a handle. Something happened that I don't remember, and I smashed my dick.

Hurt like hell to the point I couldn't wear pants for days.
>>
I visited /mlp/.
>>
>>46821988
You're a pony.

This isn't a superpower. It's a punishment.
>>
>>46822131
...do I at least get to cum inside Rainbow Dash?
>>
I was born extremely premature, like "this is still technically non-viable according to law" premature.
>>
>>46822171
Does she exist in this reality? ;_;
>>
Actually, legitimately autistic (the disorder, not the 4chan insult). Struggled a lot in school. By high school I was so depressed I stayed home and slept most days. Held back a year. Dropped out during the fourth of what would have been five years because my IEP team was trying to micromanage and destroy my life. I'm NEET trash now.
>>
Speed round, let's go.

>>46821583
Superspeed, but it burns like fire when you use it.

>>46821622
Adamantium skeleton. You still need the cane.

>>46821853
> I smashed my dick
>smashed
>smash
>SMASH
You're like the Hulk. Except instead of you getting big, your dick does, and instead of doing it when you're angry, it does it when you're hurt.

>>46821988
You turn into a legit fucking horse. That's it.
>>46822171
No, you don't get to breed at all. You get ridden by screaming toddlers around a circle until you die.

>>46822187
Your power saved your life by aging you. You can change your physical age at will. Enjoy immortality.

>>46822269
This isn't a trauma, but I'll work with it. You gain the ability to know exactly what your peers expect of you. You're still autistic, but it'll help with social interactions.
>>
File: whip1.png (26 KB, 300x210) Image search: [Google]
whip1.png
26 KB, 300x210
When I was still in boarding school the year 12s had a tradition called "strapping". Its where a year 12 would look at a younger student and command them to do something. If the kid refused the year 12 kid was entitled to hit them as hard as they could with a belt. If a kid refused to "take the strap" they were not allowed to strap when they reached year 12 and were considered unworthy of being a boarding student. Their peers would ostracize them and regularly break things in their rooms. To this day I was the only kid who thought this was stupid, but I went along with it and avoided everyone for fear of being strapped.
Still happened though, like a lot
>>
>>46822411
Any physical pain inflicted upon you is felt by the attacker instead. This doesn't stop you from being seriously injured or killed though.
>>
>>46819088
The worst pain I ever felt was when food got caught just above the stomach entrance (I think it was a diaphragm problem). I wasn't choking and I could breathe just fine, but it caused horrendous stomach cramps and constant, uncontrollable belching. Like, /disgusting/ belching.

The problem corrected itself when it decided to just projectile vomit everything up. According to my roommate I was screaming while puking, and it was the most terrifying sound he had ever heard.
>>
>>46822403
Like...can I get a super-strong, nigh invulnerable dick that has a healing factor if I'm in enough pain?
>>
>>46822484
Oh yea, man. You're like a bdsm deity.

>>46822481
Sonic attack. It hurts just as bad as it did back then though.
>>
>>46819875
Batman
>>
>>46819088
I once chipped off part of my front tooth.
Also I've got like a really short tongue.
That's mostly it.
>>
>>46822572
You grow tusks.
You still have a really short tongue.
That's mostly it.
Mostly.
>>
>>46822512
>Sonic attack. It hurts just as bad as it did back then though.
Throw in some corrosive puke to go with the sonic attack and I'll fuckin' take it.

I shall become... the Ohgodgetawayhe'sopeninghismouth Man
>>
>>46819703

Second Opinion.
>>
>>46819088
Every year for about four years during middle school, one of my friends would suddenly become either cold and distant and stop talking to me, or outright hostile to the point of threatening or attacking me. Who it was was random, but the change seemed to be permanent.

NOW I know that each of them was going through difficult times (family member dying, parents getting divorced, ect...), but at the time I thought I was cursed and just stopped making or maintaining friendships.

Maybe I'm a psychic blank?
>>
im deaf
>>
When I was four or five one of my older brothers fell on me from two stories up after climbing a house's rain gutters. He cracked my head open and they had to use the medical equivalent of a staple gun to close the wound.
>>
>>46823693
You can read people's minds and communicate telepathically.

>>46823415
You didn't have good control of your powers when you were a child. You have an aura of hatred that you can turn on and off at will. People within the aura's radius will feel anger and hatred, not necessarily at you, but you were the common factor with your friends, so they just grew to dislike you.

>>46823751
Ironmind. You are immune to any telepathic assault. You are also able to release psychic "staples" that feel like tiny sharp pieces of metal digging into your opponents heads.
>>
I was shot in the leg with an arrow at summer camp.
>>
>>46823804
Your leg transforms into an arrow and you get a bow you can fire yourself out of
>>
im legally retarded
>>
>>46819088
Yeah, I'm not much a fan of the Weaver Dice game either, but the lore behind it is good. The part I enjoyed the most was taking the body of a dead, multidimensional being and draughting it into a potion that grants superpowers. That's an awesome way to gain powers if ever I've heard one.
>>
>>46823845
You get the power to be the smartest guy in any room you're in. You have an aura that makes people stupider than you.
>>
When I was 7 I narrowly avoided being struck by lightning then crushed by a tree, it hit a tree near me, the tree split and a branch would have crushed me if it was a few seconds earlier
>>
>>46823804
Holey One. Objects that are moving fast enough phase right through you. Go play in traffic. You'll be fine as long as they don't slow down.

>>46823845
You gain super tard strength. You become super strong when you enter a fit of rage. Your appearance doesn't change.
>>
>>46823804
Was it Adventurer Camp?
>>
Posted in the last thread but the powers kinda sucked dick

When I was about 11, I had to drive me, my 5 year old brother, my 1 year old sister, and my 36 year old drunk and unconscious mother to the hospital after her boyfriend threw her off a balcony onto said car.
>>
i was choked a lot as a kid by my bullies

now as an adult i get uncomfortable when things are touching my throat (scarfs, shirt collars, my girlfriend's hair) its a problem
>>
>>46823889
It's not that I'm not a fan, I'm just unfamiliar. But I know plenty enough about Marvel and DC to type up some quick powers. I'll check Weaver out though.

>>46823895
That lightning DID hit you. You gained the ability to slow down or speed up time around you for brief periods without being affected yourself. That's how you dodged the branch.

>>46823944
Transporter. You gain instant knowledge and mastery of any vehicle or machine you touch. You're the greatest mechanic and pilot on the planet.

>>46823948
While you're holding your breath, you radiate an aura of breathlessness. No one can breath within a 50ft radius as long as you're not breathing.
>>
>>46824033
ZA WARUDO

Time has stopped
>>
I lost both my legs and became horribly scarred from the chest down in a mill explosion.
>>
>>46824123
You get awesome goes-fast robot legs. Unfortunately your scar tissue mutates into beer-leaking supernumerary nipples.
>>
>>46819088
Once in the boy scouts I was repelling off a cliff when a knot I tied came undone and I tumbled/fell 30ft and broke my arm in two spots and my leg in one.

Oddly enough I'm not afraid of heights at all. I am afraid of rope tho
>>
I drowned at the age of 8.
Revived on shore by my rescuer.
>>
During a chemistry project I got exposed to a carcinogenic chemical through no fault of my own.

All the safety measures were in place and it had been planned properly but another person knocked the vial over and some fell out of the fumehood.
>>
>>46824234
The places in which your arm broke are now filled with a highly flexible material. This allows you to contort that arm in ways thought impossible by normal means.
As your body begins to adapt to the strange substance more and more of your bones are replaced with this stretchy putty, giving you the body of a rubber man.
>>
>>46824311
You gain the ability to breathe life into inanimate objects. These objects all have their own personalities but will be loyal to you no matter what. They all gain a face beauty and the beast style.
>>
>>46824345
A chemical reaction with the gasses granted your bodily fluids highly acidic qualities. The intensity of the acid depends on the fluid, with saliva being the least acidic and blood being the most. You are immune to your own acids and the effects of other acidic compounds.
>>
>>46824164
>the entire lower half of my body is covered in nipples that lactate beer
I sense a sitcom!
>>
File: 1410219099467.png (424 KB, 519x903) Image search: [Google]
1410219099467.png
424 KB, 519x903
>>46819088

I didn't clean under my foreskin for the first time until I was 22 years old, when I came upon a 4chan thread filled with horrible dickcheese photos. I had never masturbated in my life since pulling back on it painfully when I was like five and thinking I was doing something I wasn't supposed to, nor had I ever been educated on the matter, so it had never occurred to me to clean under it.

Mine was so much worse than the pictures in that thread. So, so much worse. It was like the head of my penis was made of alligator skin and it smelled like squid that had been left out in the hot sun and marinated in spoiled milk for three days.
>>
>>46819088
Paramedic here, few months after i got my card i got dispatched to a 3 year old not breathing. We worked the kid for a full hour but could not get him back.
>>
>>46825867
You have gained the ability to excrete a sticky mucus like substance from your pores, though your hands are especially slick with it. You can crawl on walls like a gecko and leave snail trails and traps to catch unaware targets.
>>
>>46826246
You gain the ability to see and communicate with the spirits of the dead. The ghosts can't touch anything in the physical world or possess people or anything like that but they can act as excellent spies.
>>
File: nasty.png (159 KB, 481x347) Image search: [Google]
nasty.png
159 KB, 481x347
>>46825867
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.