[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: WH40kGencurrent.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
WH40kGencurrent.png
1 MB, 1024x768
Imperial Privilege edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>
File: trin5.jpg (132 KB, 500x707) Image search: [Google]
trin5.jpg
132 KB, 500x707
>>46817868
>>
Posted this in the wrong fucking thread earlier.

Short version: Bought the Dark Vengeance set two years ago with a tax return. I play a Chaos Space Marine army, and my brother swapped from Dark Angels to Tau. Is it alright/Street legal for me to "convert" some of his now abandoned DAs to units for my army?
>>
>>46818002

>Is converting okay to do guys? Will the conversion police take my models away if I kitbash?

What has happened to this hobby.
>>
>>46818002
GW shop policy is pretty strongly opposed to non-GW models, but each shop handles counts-as/conversions of GW models differently.

Any non-GW shop will allow you to bring just about everything except obviously-counterfeit/3Dprinted minis in their doors.

Some players insist that What-you-see-(on-the-model-)is-what-you-get, but most don't have a problem with proxy models.

Hobby is supposed to be fun, so have fun.
>>
>>46818042
Chapter house is to blame.

GW will no longer accept conversions for that incident unless they're full gw parts.
>>
Righteous, thanks, wanted to make sure the conversion police weren't gonna kick down my door and take my toys away
>>
>>46818253
>Chapterhouse is to blame for GW being incompetent retards whose business model is based around ignoring customers once they've bought into the Games Workshop Hobby ™
>>
>>46816146
7th edition update ruined phantasm grenade launcher it no longer gives a unit assault/defensive grenades.
This means it is impossible to give incubi assault grenades which makes them almost unusable against even remotely competent enemies who stick units in cover.

Archons also got smacked in the face with the nerf bat and no longer have any source of AP2 weapons, loss the ability to stack relics which used to just be wargear options, can no longer fit inside a venom+blasterborn squad, and is more expensive.
The succubus is better in almost every way now if you want a semi good melee HQ unit, but the best HQ is a 10 pt lhaemaen inside a venom DT which for some retarded reason they decided to make a legal HQ choice now.
>>
Posting again, is there any way to play a good Space Marine army without Drop Pods? Really don't want to have to pay for them.
>>
>>46818566
you got like, 4-5 good suggestions in the last thread. Fuck off, buddy. It's obvious you're trolling.
>>
>>46818482
New thread. Also it's important to pick up most of the Space Marine Supplements from the Mega Link. IA2, as well as Angels of Death, and the Forgeworld Chapter Tactics/Characters can further increase your number of options, be it from a Legacy of Glory, to a different set of chapter tactics to mix things up.

And of course there's also lots of historic army lists to learn from that you can find with a bit of research. There was once an ancient 5e tournament list called "RAZORWIRE", which consisted of 6 razorbacks with Lascannon+TL-Plas, with Lascannon tactical squads inside. It naturally swept tournament after tournament with its ridiculous number of heavy weapons.

Of course, learning from this list, you can look back to it and realize that it can be further improved by the 7e Gladius Strike Force. By making the Razorbacks free, you can sink the bonus points into even MORE special weapon upgrades, so that in a tournament legal list, it's possible to have a monstrous 24 Lascannons and 18 Plasma Guns, which is more than enough to kill absolutely anything and table anything you damn well please.
>>
>>46818604

>24 Lascannons and 18 Lascannons lets you table anything you want

Gue'ron'sha plz.
>>
>>46818598
Sorry, I was distracted by the thread about the lusty Imperial Fist marine confused about wanting to bang that Sororita.
>>
>>46818604
Oh, and of course Gladius-RAZORWIRE can be improved further by picking the right chapter tactics for the job. Here's the best choices for it, including forgeworld:

> Raptors
Two Words that can increase your amount of AP2 shots:
Rending. Bolters.
> Imperial Fists:
Bolter Drill improves your bolters, but is not needed because you already have 3 tactical doctrines and 1 devastator doctrine. Imperial Fists is instead useful because your two devastator squads get Tank Hunters with their Lascannons, which lets you focus fire big things to death more easily.
> Iron Hands
Ignore the tactics page's bickering, nearly every tournament uses the ITC FAQ, which allows your vehicles to have IWND even though they don't have chapter tactics. IWND on 10 free razorbacks can naturally make your army last longer, and reduce the effectiveness of your opponent's heavy weapons. It potentially gives you up to 60 additional hull points, but mathematically speaking, the average will be 20.

And of course the 6+ FNP is nothing to scoff at.

>>46818715
Who the fuck is Gue'ron'sha?...
>>
>>46818741
>Who the fuck is Gue'ron'sha?...

Gue'ron'sha is Tau for Human Mutant Space Marine.

Regular 'umies are just Gue'la. Good humies are Gue'vesa.
>>
>>46818566
I recommend you stop hanging out with WAAC faggots that probably use houserules, print tourney lists and get others to paint their models.

Maybe then you'll be able to play a game without getting your shit stomped in.
>>
>>46818741
>Who the fuck is Gue'ron'sha?...
Either it's a warning about your shooty marine army being too Tau, or a warning about taking your shooty marine army up against Tau.
>>
Storm bolters should be salvo 2/4 because they are just 2 bolters slapped together.
>>
>>46818770
> Calling space marines mutants
I will have you know that Space Marines are not mutants. All of their additional gene-seeds are merely implantations. A Space Marine can technically pass a genetic screening to prove humanity more easily than even the average human, given the genetic purity required to become one in the first place.

>>46818809
I've tabled a Hunter Cadre with this list before, I'll gladly do it again, as well as having tabled a player that brought 6 riptides. One does not simply survive 24 lascannons with only a 5+.
>>
>>46818449

>incubi are so crap they can't charge through cover
>good opponents will just stick to cover
>which I will allow them to do by sticking all the objective markers in cover when I play 3+ cover in the open: the army
>b-but Incubi are useless because they lose one guy to a full Tactical Squad before they swing

Ah, I knew there was a reason that Dark Eldar were only bad for other people, it's because retards play them!
>>
>>46818869

>Not a 4+ cover 5+++ FNP

Shit Tau detected.
>>
File: 1460490917225.jpg (320 KB, 918x1224) Image search: [Google]
1460490917225.jpg
320 KB, 918x1224
>>46818741
>Ignore the tactics page's bickering, nearly every tournament uses the ITC FAQ, which allows your vehicles to have IWND even though they don't have chapter tactics
Iron hands detachment now clarifies that vehicles do get IWND.
>>
File: 1404571063899.jpg (36 KB, 392x388) Image search: [Google]
1404571063899.jpg
36 KB, 392x388
>>46817868

>spend $40 on paints for my army's colour scheme
>change my mind about the colour scheme

Fuck.
>>
>>46818869
I say myu-tant you say mutt-ant.
>>
>>46818143
will add this about proxies outside of shop rules. Stick to "all x count as y", and keep things that are different visually distinct.
It should be easy for your opponent to keep track of what's what. If not people won't like playing with you no matter the shop policy.
>>
>>46818903
>3+ cover in the open: the army
Did GW give a ruling about Jink and snap shots for units in transports?
>>
>>46818931
>ITC
Yep, Imperial Privilege edition is right.
>>
>46818395
While what you all wrote is true, I think that that's a rather misleading example, since a Green Tide (and most orks lists in general) is the army that makes taking transports against it rather useless, since it's purpose will be to reach combat anyway, so you don't actually need vehicles to reach their side of the field because they don't want their fire warriors. They are orks, you may just avoid the movement phase for the most part, since they are going to come to you
>>
>>46818741
>nearly every tournament uses the ITC FAQ
Proof?
>>
>>46818942
paints are always usefull anon
>>
>>46818931
ITC getting invalidated, one update at a time.
What a time to be playing 40k.
>>
>>46818931
The problem is that vehicles doesn't have, with the exception of the dreadnought, chapter tactics, so right now they don't get IWND. In the 6th edition codex it was specified that it affected all the vehicles, but that part was taken away in the current edition
>>
>>46818984
What the hell is ITC?
>>
>>46818449
Dude, just learn to deal with it the same way tyranids do:

Enter fetal position ;_;
>>
>>46819121
Independent Tournament Circuit, which is a group led by Frontline Gaming. They're pretty well known for having published a 10+ page long FAQ addressing practically every problem with 40k, ranging from the interaction with Serpent Shields and Weapon Destroyed, to old forgeworld rules that lost key wording interactions.

An extremely large number of other tournaments use the ITC FAQ just because it's convenient for addressing common problems that turn up with a game as large as this. And it's also still growing and changing over time(As new stuff shows up in tournaments, new problems show up that need answers).
>>
40k faq incoming next week

How are they going to manage to nerf orks again i wonder
>>
File: 6thEd1.jpg (282 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
6thEd1.jpg
282 KB, 1200x1600
>>46818002
2 years ago. Keep in mind, during that time the 7th edition came out. If your rulebook looks like pic related, you have the old one.
Otherwise, personally I think you should use everything DA and abandon CSM in favor of DA, as CSM are now barely playable.

if you are in need of self-punishment you can use everything except the assault cannon and the plasma cannon. (Or you make Obliterators out of the Termis, which you should anyway. Just spray them with glue and roll inside your weapon-bitz-box. Its the same process GW used for their models)
>>
>>46819047
Did you actually read the image? It says that iron hands characters and vehicles have it will not die, no reference to chapter tactics now.
>>
>>46818942
>Bought tons of metalics, greens and browns for Orcs
>Switch to DA and paint them like The Vikings
>Painting Necrons like The Bears

I need a better way to store my paints, like a spice rack. I have a ziploc bag of at least 40 GW paints as they are the only ones I use.

>casually look at workstation
>count 22 paint tubs just scattered about
>somehow my girlfriend doesn't kill me for this
>>
>>46819121
Independent Tournament Circuit
A widespread and thorough tournament ruleset that addresses holes and ambiguous readings in GW rules and imposes further balance changes.

Run by Frontline gaming, with a fairly clear Space Marine bias. Marine deathstars are most metagame potent here, while Tau are at their most nerfed. Orks and Nids are almost not-shit, and Eldar are still king.
>>
Vote for Quimby

http://www.strawpoll.me/6774520
>>
File: JAY.gif (2 MB, 350x265) Image search: [Google]
JAY.gif
2 MB, 350x265
>>46819164
>Just spray them with glue and roll inside your weapon-bitz-box. Its the same process GW used for their models)
>>
>>46818143
>>46818002
I've never heard of a GW manager not being up for conversions of GW models. Normally they're well up for it, and convert heavily in their own armies.
>>
File: IMAG1368_1.jpg (426 KB, 1670x2660) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1368_1.jpg
426 KB, 1670x2660
When do you think the Mechanicus will ever get love again, i hope gw releases an combined army book or atleast new units, flying and an transport woukd be cool.
Any Mechanicus brothers here?
>>
>>46819047
>grognards actually believe this
>vehicles don't get chapter tactics
>SM can no longer use vehicles for any of the angels of death detachments because of this.
>>
>>46819270
that model would look twice as good if you highlighted.
>>
>>46819161
>http://www.strawpoll.me/6774520
I hope they put them into a pdf (that you can actually do text searches with). For AOS they posted a series of images on their facebook page.
>>
>>46818449
>but the best HQ is a 10 pt lhaemaen inside a venom DT which for some retarded reason they decided to make a legal HQ choice now.

They did not. It was a group of rules lawyers who read something clearly not intended into the rules. The rules for Court of the Archon say, that it does not count among your HQ limit, if you take an archon. GW just forgot to say it cannot be a mandatory HQ, as there is no other HQ in any codex that is even remotly similar to say an Ur-Ghul
/rant
As for incubi, they are still very useful and with a 3+ suprisingly durable especially against backfield units, which they should chop anyway. Just remember to take Aethersails for that extra range when flat out. Also with all the new psy.powers i consider a haemo with helm of spite and crucible of malediction mandatory. Protip 2 haemo with 2 crucibles kill a libby. (2 S6 hits with no saves allowed, just tankshock them out of their units first)
>>
Is there a way to give my wolf guard battle leaders runic armor? I don't really want to pay 40 points for Termy armor when the armor of Russ that I gave my Wolf Lord is only 35.
>>
Do any chapters aside from Space Wolves share their method of using Initiates as close-combat fodder, while scouting is left to more elites and veterans?
>>
>>46819258
Depends on how many non-GW parts were used and whether or not the GW manager knows the difference between Forgeworld minis and 3rd party minis.

Yes, I've been booted out of GW for using vanilla Forgeworld models and parts with 0 third party bits.
>>
>>46819350
>Yes, I've been booted out of GW for using vanilla Forgeworld models and parts with 0 third party bits.
jeez what was his explanation ?
>>
File: IMG_20160421_162713.jpg (424 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160421_162713.jpg
424 KB, 1280x720
>>46819320
Read the god damm codex
>>
>>46819350
Meanwhile I've gone to a GW with an entire company of space marines, who were all wearing the Cloaked Torso Piece from the Space Marine Commander Box.

Literally 100 guys wearing a bit that can only be obtained as a single from a 20$ box. And the Manager didn't think for even a second that it should have been suspicious, or even if he did, he didn't care enough to confront me about it. In fact, he actually commented on it saying that it was a cool idea for raptors.
>>
>>46819320
You buy it? It's one of the options you can take. Runic armour for 25 points

>>46819347
The Black Templar do a similar thing with their Crusader Squad, but they aren't, fluff-wise, close-combat fodder, neither them nor the SW.
The Templars are really focused on cc, so they want to train the initiates in it from the beginning, while the SW are extremely headstrong when their young to the point that once they literally had the "headstrong" rule so they are "left free" to follow that disposition, knowing that they will learn to be more responsible that way to be raised to the ranks of Grey Hunters
>>
>>46819270

I've got a starter box plus a little extra that I'm playing with, but I've decided to scratchbuild/convert/proxy almost everything to fit a theme idea that hit me like a thunderbolt so I'm back to square one and kinda hoping anything new holds off a bit to give me time to catch back up.
>>
>>46819436
I swear to god I read that fucking profile 10 times and never saw that.

Th-thanks anon!
>>
>>46819223
ITC may have issues but superfirends just won Adepticon which has like zero restrictions and does not follow ITC rulings so I think the point is moot.
>>
>>46819223
>>46819158
>>46819121
Oh yea, here's their FAQ on a google document, for future reference: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16nmBS2KZglu9JaGttpX_9lOYhYO2PQM47N8HvrsAA60/edit

It has lots of useful things that really do help to improve the game. It's worthwhile to read at some point, even if you're not going to a tournament.
>>
>>46817919
There must have been much greiving and crying among the custodes etc when his right arm finally fell off.
>>
>>46819350
>Yes, I've been booted out of GW for using vanilla Forgeworld models and parts with 0 third party bits.

Should have reported him.

Some (3/3 in my area) GW store drones hate forgeworld as it opens up a whole other side of the game that they can't get credit for pushing on you.
>>
>>46819288
Great, I'm OK with this, that will keep their imperial privilege at line.
>>
>>46819535

A lot of the larger FW units are very easy to convert from plastic for cheaper, they should work that angle.
>>
>>46819527
Ah, you do now that Horus ripped off his arm right?

>new fags no longer read the background they just buy as many riptides as they can
Truly a sad day.
>>
>>46819292
Not good at highlighting but ill try my best
>>
>>46819404
That I was full of shit? He didn't believe that Forgeworld was a GW company.

>>46819535
That guy also managed to be angry at me for ordering from GWs website instead of the store. For web exclusives.

Instead of reporting him, I simply don't set foot in a GW building anymore. I also get like 30-40% off of GW stuff from my FLGS, so it was a good move.
>>
>>46819492
It's still a houserule set created by individuals with an agenda outside of rule FAQs. Their bias is obvious and if they got over it, their house rules would see wider use.

Instead, people push the ruleset like it's the gospel or something.
>>
>>46819448
I suppose 'fodder' was the wrong term. Mainly it was about initiates being CC instead of Scouts.

Do the Black templars still use Scouts, or do they bother?
>>
>>46819629
Where do you people find these stores that sell at a discount?

Every fucking store I've been to in Massachusetts sells at GW prices...
>>
>>46819635
Don't pay any attention to this guy, he's an Eldar Player that got really butthurt when ITC put its foot down to some of his bullshit at a tournament. He shills against it in every thread where the ITC is mentioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A07xXLt5tZY
>>
File: Slaaneshi.png (3 MB, 1899x895) Image search: [Google]
Slaaneshi.png
3 MB, 1899x895
Guys, this is from the new Battlefleet Gothic game.

Look at the daemonette at the far left. Fat daemonettes confirmed. Is /tg/ horrified or pleased?
>>
>>46819629
>Instead of reporting him, I simply don't set foot in a GW building anymore. I also get like 30-40% off of GW stuff from my FLGS, so it was a good move.

Thats exactly what I did.

except I did report him
>>
>>46819655
Black Templars any sort of organization, everything is made on the spot and only the brotherly bonds tie them together which means that if a Marshal wants to infiltrate some shit then he will but its not part of their customs. Black Templars use speeders to scout and charge to recon the area.
>>
>>46819698
Wait a second is that KoS squirting milk?
>>
>>46819698
>Bought the game because 40k related vidya
>Have no fucking clue what I'm doing
Looked pretty but I was very, very confused and just refunded it. I wanted to like it but either I missed the tutorial or I'm not smart enough.
>>
>>46819698
What is more excess than idiots with BBW fetish?
They literally want the sensation of a 150kg fatass sitting on their body, there are very few things more sick then that that can still be transmitted on generalist tv
>>
>>46819629
could have taken 5 minutes to make everyone's life in that store's life a better place anon
i mean there is a fucking link to FW on the GW website for crying out loud
>>
>>46819683
Just luck mainly. There's a store within 30 minutes of me that has a good 20% discount, so I usually go there for big purchases. Limited selection, but they usually have staples and new kits.

I tend to find they're on-par with EBay discounts usually
>>
>>46819492
Yeah, I know superfriends are strong. But it's still funny when Tau get a bunch of stuff, Reece is like, BROKENGAYNERFNERFNERF. He was literally issuing nerfs based on WD leaks, before the new Tau rules were even out. But then SM gets a bunch of obviously broken stuff like the new Psyker shit, he's like, "THIS IS COOL AND FUN, YOU GUYS SHOULD CALM DOWN AND TRY IT BEFORE JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS"

I play Orks, so I'm fucked either way, but obvious bias is obvious.
>>
>>46819683
My store is always at least 10% off so I wont always get stuff there but if it is on par with the popular ebay stores then I throw it to my LGS.

Their characters are always cheaper though.
>>
>>46819757
>tfw 118kg and hate myself
>can't even imagine how much worse 150kg would be
If only I could find a way to tie exercise to 40k...
>>
>really like the malcador heavy tank
>look at the rules
>so horribly outdated
>half the stuff on there isn't in the game anymore
what the fuck is 2 SP ?
>>
>>46819685
>Implying I'm the same anon
Why are you suddenly on the offensive? I merely suggested if the ITC removed their marine bias to their ruleset it would be used more often, thus objectively better?

>>46819772
Seems I'm not the only one in the room that sees it this way
>>
>>46818727
Kill yourself.
>>
>>46819698
It doesn't surprise me, there's already supposed to be daemonettes and shit in slaanesh's pleasure palace that sate every imaginable fetish and vice, including ones that humanity doesn't currently know exist.

I mean, for fucks sakes. The first floor of his palace is literally a storage building for bottomless bottles of Alcohol and cuban cigars.

>>46819797
Structure Points. Later Imperial Armour Books and notes from Forgeworld explicitly state that in any case where you find a unit that lists Structure Points, you have to convert it to hull points by multiplying by 3.

So if a tank has 3 structure points listed, you can convert it to 7th/6th by instead changing that to 9 hull points.
>>
>>46819796
Every hectogram you lose is one €/$/£ you can spend in the game
>>
>>46819797
Structure points. Basically what superheavies used to have to make them more durable.

The official ruling to update them is 3 HP for every structure point, if I recall.
>>
>>46819762
No, I reported him for the FW shit. But when he gave me grief for buying web-exclusive deals from the website instead of ordering through him, I just walked the fuck away.

I know it's hard being a GW manager. I have seen some of their operational docs and I understand the pressure that they're under to make sales, but under circumstances like that it's a lot harder to remain to be a GW customer.
>>
>>46819797
structure points. Its 6hp
>>
>>46819797

2 structure pooints. this converts to 6 hull points.
>>
>>46819835
oh thanks anon
so that means the malcador has 6 HP that's pretty neat
>>
File: Astartes on Spring Break.webm (629 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Astartes on Spring Break.webm
629 KB, 640x640
>>46819796
>tie exercise to 40k...
Bruh, Mile=$ towards model?

Want that $50 box, better run fifty miles.

After you do that for a few months switch to lifting and do reps for pennies like a god damn man
>>
>>46819884

woops just realized he said kg and I am telling him to run miles.
>>
>>46819884
maybe a mile for every $5 is more reasonable
>>
>>46819463
Whats your idea, you had?
>>
File: bloodmasks1.jpg (125 KB, 940x420) Image search: [Google]
bloodmasks1.jpg
125 KB, 940x420
>>46819698
Sounds good to me.
I was planing on using pic related for Counts as Demonettes/Plaguebearers in a Venereal Disease themed Daemons army.
>>46819796
Paint on a treadmill?
No new purchases until you hit a BP PR?
>>
>>46819796
>can't even imagine how much worse 150kg would be

it's not that bad.
>>
>>46819535
Yeah my local GW manager called me cheesy and intentionally riled up a few of his regulars when I brought a Fire Raptor in. They played tourney lists all day every day, I was new and had a CSM rhino + Land Raider list. Never been back since, found out the flgs is 100x better anyway.
>>
File: 1459910397602.jpg (2 MB, 10000x10000) Image search: [Google]
1459910397602.jpg
2 MB, 10000x10000
>>46819698
>>
>>46819683
I've moved to an area without any GWs, and there are only two shops within a half-hours drive, and those same two shops are the only places within an hour-and-a-halfs drive.

My FLGS's only competition is HobbyTown, and except for 40k, they don't actually have a lot of crossover product. I've seen the shoprunners hanging out together at each other's stores.

Start Collecting was $60.

The downside is that you have to live in Florida.
>>
>>46819928
Fatty detected.
>>
>>46819955
>330lbs isn't that bad

I'm ~250 and THATS bad.
>>
>>46819976
Please for the love of god tell me that one of those FLGS's you mention is the one on Roosevelt, down the road from NASJAX. I've been playing 40k for 2 years straight with the same 3 people, and I've now gotten cynical every time I meet someone that claims they play 40k.

Every damn time I ask someone if they play 40k, and they say yes.. I follow up by asking them if they're up for any games on sundays or fridays, and of course they say yes. Then they never fucking show up ever again. I've met a grand total of 15 people like this, and the response is always the same: "Oh, but whenever I go to FLGS, it's always empty, so I stopped going".
>>
>>46819884
Shouldn't someone at that size start with walking though?
>>
>>46820030
Tampa. I don't even think we have a Roosevelt.

I play with friends exclusively, though.
>>
File: 1460324824058.gif (422 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1460324824058.gif
422 KB, 512x512
>>46819796
>tfw 6'1
>60 kg

Where muh skelebros at?
>>
>>46819998
tryin to start running daily while fat will do nothing but destroy your knees
>>
Is there some Salamanders player here that knows of a tutorial to paint that army for a new Nocturne initiate?
The one I've found is vastly beyond my ability
>>
File: image.gif (736 KB, 245x283) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
736 KB, 245x283
>>46820075
>6'
>180 lbs.

Feelsgoodman.
>>
>>46820105
>>46797943 to the /wip/ thread with you
>>
>>46819796
Walk to your FLGS.
>>
>>46820075
>5'11
>120 lbs

Not sure if that counts
>>
Thinking of starting a 30k force, but most of the area only plays 40k. Are they able to play against one another? Are the rules balanced or will I hand out/recieve shitstompings?
>>
File: 1459965714833.png (119 KB, 500x434) Image search: [Google]
1459965714833.png
119 KB, 500x434
>>46819976
>live in clermont
>no stores within an hours drive

True suffering
>>
>>46820067
Ah damnit, such is fate. I'm up by jacksonville, and I'm fucking dying for new players.

One day I walked into the FLGS only to find 20 or so people at the tables for a tournament, and I grilled nearly all of them, only to find the exact same answer.

And of course, I met a 30k player just last week who gave a different answer. He claimed, "Oh, I'm only interested in playing with decent people". Like, what the fuck?
>>
>>46820135
>tfw im your height but double your weight
you want some of it?
>>
>>46820105
Use Vallejo paint so you know what your consistency should be. Buy an airbrush. Watch tutorials, lots of them. Prepare to be unsatisfied with your first few projects. Good luck.
>>
File: 20160419_195409.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160419_195409.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Post the last model you bought
>>
>>46820156
I do not know how to tell you this, but the problem may be you.
>>
>>46820131

>Walk

He said excercise, not give himself a heart attack.

Try eating heavier foods, the effort of lifting them to your mouth counts as working your biceps.
>>
File: Untitled 2.jpg (40 KB, 732x491) Image search: [Google]
Untitled 2.jpg
40 KB, 732x491
>>46820108
6'2"
Fistbump
>>
>>46820144
30k is meq biased, and typically played at 2500 points.
You need to build a 40k style list that manages to take advantage if your Legion rules. And bring a squad of Volkite to send waac fags into a tantrum for shits and gigs.
>>
File: greatest.jpg (34 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
greatest.jpg
34 KB, 480x270
>>46820185
If there is a problem, nobody wants to explain it. I have autism, so I'm not going to understand if I'm doing something wrong unless someone points it out. And so far nobody has done so..

Damnit, I just want to enjoy this game and have a good time with people...
>>
File: image.jpg (333 KB, 1306x1392) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
333 KB, 1306x1392
>>46820178

I'm aiming to make it the legs of my Renegade.
>>
>>46820156
I mean that I play at a private table at a friend's house. I couldn't tell you if my FLGS meta is friendly or not, because I'm the kind of asshole that isn't interested in meeting new people. I know that my FLGS has a larger Warmachines stock than 40k stock, but I don't know if that reflects the playerbase. There's always someone playing when I walk in, though.
>>
>>46819736
It is.

What is the age rating of that game?
>>
>>46820144
I play my 30k emperors children at the gw all the time. Be prepared to hear lots of "op forgeworld" bitching while also getting totally wrecked because youre much worse than vanilla marines
>>
File: image.gif (459 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
459 KB, 500x375
>>46820234
Good luck bro. We all have our struggles, hope you can overcome yours. I believe in you.
>>
>>46819121
Houserules, essentially.

The most important fix they have is making Invisibility enforce a BS1 on all enemies targeting them, rather than making them snapfire.
>>
>>46820234

What army do you play?
>>
>>46820178
Ive never seen torch cut track links before
>>
>>46820330
I play Space Marines, with a focus on just marine horde. There's no really big formations like the skyhammer, but I do frequently play with a single demi-company for fluff reasons. And I own a gladius that I bring out whenever an opponent asks for a more challenging game.
>>
File: 50$.jpg (609 KB, 1600x1181) Image search: [Google]
50$.jpg
609 KB, 1600x1181
>>46820178
>>
>>46820156
>One day I walked into the FLGS only to find 20 or so people at the tables for a tournament, and I grilled nearly all of them, only to find the exact same answer

Protip: walking up to 20 strangers, consecutively, and 'grilling' them in a tournament setting is full blown retarded.

I had really bad social anxiety as a kid and early teenage years. What worked for me? Get yourself right. Look good, smell good, feel good, have a beautiful army, be cool. Let people approach you, and play it cool. Dont seem anxious to get to know them. Keep it polite and friendly, but do your own thing. If you have your shit together, it'll work out.
>>
>>46820309
That friend whose house I play at is the guy that wanted us all to get Warhammer. He plays and loves Blood Angels. At his encouragement, I bought a Tau suit/drone army.

Now that I know more about the game, my problem is that I have to figure out how to build a competitive Tau list. And when I say competitive, I mean one that is as equal to Blood Angels as possible.
>>
>>46819736

Dammnit Zarakynel, mid battle is not lactating time.
>>
>>46820423
To be fair, seeing that many 40k players was an alien concept for me. I've been at that FLGS for 2 years, and I've never seen any of them. To this day I've never seen that many players, and I doubt I ever will. I didn't know how to react.

> If you have your shit together, it'll work out.
I don't.. Ah damnit, how can this work when anyone I could potentially play with just never shows up. I mean, I get what you mean now when you say it's a bad idea to just ask a bunch of strangers questions about how often they would be available to play 40k after this tournament.

But that was 20 or so people that I've never seen before in my life. That tournament was over 10 months ago, and I haven't seen even a single person who was in it since. They just-... Never showed up. Not before, not after. It's like they dropped off the face of the earth. I was, and still am just completely desperate to find new people to play this game with.
>>
>>46820534
Have you tried asking the manager if there are nights when people actually come in?
>>
>>46820582
Yea, it's apparently Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. All days where I also come in the store. But said crowd is just my usual crowd, of the same 3 people. I'm trying to find new people, and there's lots of 'new' people to me that play 40k, but just never show up at this particular store because of the same argument. And said argument is that whenever they show up, nobody is there, so they just stop showing up.

I keep trying to tell people who are returning that I'm here, EVERY FRIDAY, SATURDAY, and SUNDAY. You know, all the usual days. Hey, you can literally just walk in on any of those three days, and I'll be there for 40k games.

In the past 2 years, I have only ever not shown up to the store once, and that was on a day when I had a family member death.
>>
>>46820666
id play with you satan
>>
>>46820666

So go to the stores they go to, jesus.
>>
>>46820067
Armada?
>>
File: 1460279222142.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1460279222142.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>46817868
Tfw you love the setting
Tfw the rules are this bad
Tfw super heavies don't work well at this scale
Tfw we all just play mini apocalypse
Tfw gw will just AOS a game any time
Why does anyone still play this shit tier game
>>
>>46820666
Our store has a guy like you, he'll be sat in store all day just waiting for someone to show up and play. He has his own issues that mean I don't want to play with him, but I'll not project those onto you.

Being less intense about your desire to play
>I keep trying to tell people who are returning that I'm here, EVERY FRIDAY, SATURDAY, and SUNDAY.
>In the past 2 years, I have only ever not shown up to the store once, and that was on a day when I had a family member death.
might help.
>>
>>46820666
Maybe you just need to seem more approachable.
Try wearing clown make-up.
Everyone likes clowns.
>>
>>46820811
Because, luckily, I dont play 40k with tg.

Real actual people aren't so bad and my area has a very active scene for it.
>>
>>46820811
>play
I haven't played in years. I just model and bitch on 4chan.
>>
>>46820811
4 grand into it, and my group are people that I associate with outside the game as well.
>>
>>46820726
Yep.
>>
>>46820818
Yea.. This is precisely me. I'll literally sit down at a table for 3 days a week with my models, and meditate, walk around, look at other models on the store, and talk to people. So I'm too intense about telling people, that hey, I'm here for a game if you're interested?..

I don't get why that's seen as a bad thing, can you enlighten me about it?
>>
>>46819270
They're supposed to get a FW book eventually that'll give them some of the stuff they have in HH. The 30k robots are a no go, but stuff like Myrmidons, tanks and transports would be a welcome addition.

They're also supposedly getting two new 40k robots some time this year.
>>
>>46820811
This >>46820850 pretty much.

When looked at as a whole, the game has a lot of big flaws and imbalances, but when playing at smaller scales with people who aren't faggots, you tend to have a better degree of balance and fun.

Playing without formations and superheavies would be my suggestion, though even that won't help if people insist on spamming good stuff.

Basically, I have fun by playing an Army, not a List.
>>
My imperial space marine has arrived

How WAAC am I?
>>
>>46819685
ITC is obviously biased. Claiming otherwise is retarded, no matter who you are.

Still, despite how much I really don't like ITC, some of the house rules are wonderful. I'll take invisibility nerfs any day.
>>
>>46819967
>10000x10000
sudoku yourself.
>>
>>46819635
>It's still a houserule set created by individuals with an agenda outside of rule FAQs.

>individuals with an agenda

You mean all the players who vote on all the houserules?

It's not just one or two guys who decide everything, you moron. Despite the fact that you ignorant faggots keep suggesting this instead of just watching even a single Signals podcast or googling how the ITC votes on its rules.
>>
>>46820928
>>
>>46820928

It's a nice model. I don't think you're WAAC for just buying it.
>>
>>46819575
stfu faggot, this new "background" was done and written by the authistic neckbeards that now plague gw and forgeworld and BL.
Not from the kickass mighty oldguard.
>>
>>46820934

Well, at least they're trying. 40k needs 3rd party rules lawyers to sort out GW's mess because they will not bother.
>>
>>46819575
Anybody else remember a time before the terrible Horus Heresy books?
Or a time before Tau existed?
Before Necrons went full retard?
Good days.
>>
>>46819575
What do I do now?
And are you sure he didn't rip it off wrong?
>>
>>46819313

The rules are extremely clear on it being a conditional effect. I mean GW is bad at writing, but this isn't a narrow RAI/RAW question, the effect that is being noted very obviously means what it has been interpreted as. So in that case we should assume they intended it. Otherwise they could have just said "Court of the Archon - No force organization slot - may only be taken with an Archon." If they FAQ it then I'll stand corrected, but until then there's literally nothing wrong with taking the Court. It's fluffy, too.

>Archon doesn't want to go die in battle
>Sends his dudes instead, watches from far away with an actual IncubiSslyth guard
>>
>>46820941
It is a little annoying how the Tau changes essentially pushed Tau into a single build for competitive lists (Frankie's Stormsurge/Riptide Wing MC spam list) but on the whole I think the changes they've made have been positive.

The new Space Marine psychic powers look like they're next up on the voting block, as the Fulmination teleport-then-charge power is absolutely ridiculous. I'm hoping they don't ban out everything as the Technomancy powers looked really fun and fluffy for an IH list without being annoyingly overpowered.
>>
File: SkyrarsDarkWolves2.jpg (120 KB, 456x621) Image search: [Google]
SkyrarsDarkWolves2.jpg
120 KB, 456x621
So I'm thinking about making an army of Skyrar's Dark Wolves with a Khornate bent.

Which codex should I use, KDK or Space Wolves?
>>
>>46821065
Well KDK get "deamon wolves" and have a khorne bent.
>>
File: IMG_20160421_175700327.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160421_175700327.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
>>46820178
>>
>>46821062
>Tau
>Tau into a single build for competitive lists
kek
>>
File: 60010699005_LostPatrolENG01[1].jpg (149 KB, 920x950) Image search: [Google]
60010699005_LostPatrolENG01[1].jpg
149 KB, 920x950
anyone going to get this?
>>
File: Interwarp.png (58 KB, 517x211) Image search: [Google]
Interwarp.png
58 KB, 517x211
Do you guys build your armies with point goals?

Its how I have built my two armies simultaneously but I have one much further painted than the other and I am fairly close to having it painted but I am getting so tired of painting power armour.

I can't decide if I should push the my 90% painted army and persevere or give myself a break and do a whole different army of models/colours.
>>
>>46821065
Yeah go Khorne daemonkin, look into the gorepack, it's bikers and hounds.

Get some thunderwolves to use as bloodcrushers or just juggernaught lords, generally mixing space wolf and chaos bitz works well.
>>
File: eldar wraithjitsu.jpg (729 KB, 1575x1173) Image search: [Google]
eldar wraithjitsu.jpg
729 KB, 1575x1173
Deathwing Redemption Force=565
Librarian-90
Terminator armor

Deathwing terminator squad-235
sergeant with two lightning claws, perfidious relic of the unforgiving, plasma cannon, chainfist

Deathwing terminator squad-240
Assault cannon, two thunder hammer/storm shields, one pair of lightning claws

This is just a standalone formation to stick in my army whenever I want to play a bunch of terminators. I want to model them as Deathwatch because that's cool.
My problem is I don't know what chapters to use. I'm gonna do at least two Black Templar, one Blood Angel, the Librarian is gonna be Blood Raven, and at least one Space Wolf on the assault cannon. Who else should I include?
And what's the Dark Angel's relationship with the Deathwatch? Do they send members? Would a Deathwing member sign on for a little bit or would that be forbidden? I'm gonna be using a bunch of deathwing termie parts for fancy-pancy armor so I should use one of their shoulder pads.
>>
>>46821176
What the fuck IS this?

GW honestly release way to many shitty random stand-alone 'board games' these days.

Where the hell is Gorkamorka or Bloodbowl?
>>
>>46821143
It's the honest truth. Tau kick the shit out of mediocre lists but when you put them up against the top tables they don't do very well. Without the ITC restrictions of Combined Fire it might be a different story, but it's hard to disagree with the ruling as it's both such a terribly written rule and potentially so powerful.
>>
>>46821181
Point goals? I'm building my current army to 1500. Then maybe 1850, but I really like playing at 1500 points. Everything's built, I just need to paint some of the stuff.
>>
>>46821221
it's coming out in June for $60 usd. It's supposed to be like a mini Space Hulk type of game. Games around 30 mins each.
>>
>>46820964
The fuck are you talking about, Horus always rips the Emperor's arm in every version of the HH, BL haven't even reach Terra or segmentum solar for that matter.
>>
>>46821221
>What the fuck IS this?
an excuse to put space marines and genestealers in a box, using a more palatable format for non-players to hook them.
>>
>>46820877
Probably have crossed paths before. What do you play? Guard?
>>
>>46821221

Not him, but it's actually a remake of a classic old GW game. The game was known for being literally impossible to win if you're the Scouts (even getting to the "get the fuck off the planet" beacon was seen as a victory).

GW has always released too many shitty standalone board games, m8. Remember that Eldar vs Terminators or whatever the fuck it was? Me neither, really, but I'm certain it existed at some point at least 10 years ago (based on what I remember of the models, 20+ is more accurate, they were pre-'96 Eldar reboot iirc)
>>
>>46821176
Nah, I love board games but this one just isnt that interesting.
>>
>>46820941
Is that you ITC shill?
We told you to leave.

Please stop trying to strawman every discussion as to why your favorite houserules are not all you crack them up to be.
>>
>>46821253
yeah I built both my armies at the same time ladering up 500pts a step up to where they are at 2500.

I am unsure if I am going to push it to 3000 or not but that gives me 5000+pts of models and the one I have been playing the most is the one that is almost finished.
>>
>>46820242
Cool idea.
>>
So I mentioned the master of ordinance in the last thread, and somebody said you'd never hit anything with it

I went full autist and worked out the minimum odds of a hit on a medium-sized vehicle such as a rhino, assuming it scattered 90 degrees to to the shortest side and the master had los. In this case, there would be a 38% chance of scoring a hit
given it's strength 9 ordinance, that translates to a 37% of a glancing hit or 34% of a penetrating hit

of course, this is assuming there's nothing to either side, which there almost always should be if you're not retarded at picking targets. If there is, the odds of hitting something are almost doubled;

it only costs 20 points, and ap1 str 9 versus infantry is almost absurdly powerful. If you shoot at heavily armoured infantry or super thick clusters of tanks, it'll pay for itself ten times over
>>
>>46821287
Mini space hulk for $60 isn't mini enough.

Who's the market for these games? no parent is going to buy a kid this shit when monopoly costs a few dollars and is honestly better.

Can anyone here honestly say they enjoy GW's shitty board games? Deathwatch was garbage, dreadfleet was awful, this new knight game sounds totally pointless when their 40k rules exist for fighting etc

How does the company find resources to waste on this stuff?
>>
>>46821062
Those psychic powers make Librarius conclaves ridiculous. In a game full of shitty release after shitty release - those new SM psychic powers stand out as the worst addition since the Eldar Codex.
>>
>>46821355
I would buy a Grey Knights vs Daemons type space hulk game where they fend off endless daemons...
>>
>>46821221

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Lost_Patrol
>>
>>46821355
>monopoly costs a few dollars and is honestly better.
Monopoly is a terrible game. Intentionally.
>>
>>46821317
Not that guy, but you're a retard. When he points out ITC rulings are put to vote by players, and not by some guys bias as you suggest - your reply is 'go away shill'. And I dont think you even understand what strawman means.

I doubt you can even explain why you hate ITC.
>>
>>46821367
As a DA player with a WS Conclave I haven't even seriously looked into the new powers yet. All I have heard is bad things from the other players at my shop.
Most people let me use the Interromancy table that is usually DA specific and thats pretty cool.
>>
>>46821327
It's str 9 ap 3
If you're playing someone with massive amounts of bodies on the field, it's not bad. Otherwise, it's like fishing with a brick
>>
>>46820941
>Voters don't have an agenda

First of all, voters don't have full control over the rules discussions. Reece and crew still determine which rules get voted on, and therefore have control over which rules remain in place, and which rules get changed. When a rule does get voted on, Reece and crew determine which options are available to vote between, and therefore determine the course of said rules changes. Reece and crew are not above changing rules with no vote involved, either.

Second of all, it's a competitive tournament with money on the line. The majority Eldar/Space Marine player voting ensures that Eldar/Space Marine remains dominant. People vote on these rules without ever having a seen an ITC FAQ or Tournament. Communities vote on these rules based on whichever personal bias they feel like, and I've seen at least three concerted efforts by certain communities not above using multiple registration accounts and proxies to influence the results in the last six months.

So shut the fuck up with that stupid shit and go back to guzzling your Emperor's rotten cum.
>>
File: lost-patrol-2000.jpg (213 KB, 677x676) Image search: [Google]
lost-patrol-2000.jpg
213 KB, 677x676
>>46821221

Man Lost Patrol is some old-school shit.
GW has always released small board-games intermittently during their release schedule.

Stuff like Gorkamorka, Bloodbowl, Mordheim, Necromunda, and etc. are all actual game systems that require a lot more work and rule-writing (Even if GW's rules-writing in recent years has been shit) than just a couple weeks of tweaking for a board game.
Or in this case a re-release with molds they already have.

On the bright side Specialist Games as a whole might be getting a renewal sometime late this year or the next.
>>
>>46821438
You're in for a laugh then. Teleporting and moving terrain pieces sound fun?
>>
>>46821176
If they release some rules to run it with Tau I'll grab it.
>>
>>46821411
Just control the railroads. Everything comes down to that.
>>
What is the best Allied Detachment of Space Wolves?

I would like some ObSec troops (just a unit or two of their tacticals in rhinos), definetly some TWC which would mean a Thunder Wolf Lord and then maybe Wulfen or a priest or something.
>>
>>46821441
whoops, you're right. AP3
which still makes it scythe through MEQs
You wouldn't need a ton of bodies to make 20 points pay off, you'd need a single unit of troops. Did I mention it was just 20 fucking points?
>>
>>46821221
Newfags everyone.
>>
>>46821487
>Teleporting and moving terrain pieces sound fun?
Damn, for real?

Are these everyones new powers or are they just for Codex:Space Marine?

Why did they just release Psychic Powers? are the old ones in the BRB still allowed for use?
>>
>>46821299
I don't play at the store, I just go in for the good deals.

How many damned Floridafags do we have in this thread today, anyway?
>>
>>46821436
ITC rules are clearly made by a select few as part of their tournament community. Otherwise, it would not have it's bias which has been clearly indicated by other anons.

Not that I would expected you ITC folks to notice that, since you can't seem to play 40k without houserules.

Talk to your opponent before the game if there's a rules issue. Make sure to address the problem with GW via email or phone.
Or, keep doing what your doing. I hope GW is paying you.

Also why do you ITC shills constantly resort to name calling so quickly? And if you have a better term for what your doing that isn't "Shill", let me know. It seems this word triggers you guys.
>>
>>46821176
60$?
Sure I'll grab it
>>
>>46821411
Fireball Island is best boardgamu.
>>
>>46821526
It's just gotta hit, and you've gotta roll low
My issue with it is it draws more attention to your company command. I hide them so they can issue orders without getting blasted off the table.
>>
>>46821561
These are new powers for Space Marines exclusively, although that includes SW, DA, BA, and DW.
>>
>>46821454
Yeah, a bunch of people that dont know each other, many that rarely or never even play in tournaments - all have the same agenda.

We get it, you dont like ITC. But pretending there is voter collusion or intentional manipulation is silly.
Space Marines and Eldar at the top? Oh wow thats weird, must be the result of some conspiracy. Take a look at the Ork super-heavy ruling if you need an example of them just trying to improve the game for everyone. There are lots of things they could (should?) touch but dont, because they try to preserve the game as GW wrote it. 'Small footprint' is the term Reece used.

You're either a butthurt Tau fag, or one of those internet addicts thats just so full of piss and vinegar they hate more stuff than they like.
>>
>>46821355

>Who's the market for these games? no parent is going to buy a kid this shit when monopoly costs a few dollars and is honestly better.
The market is a mix of grognards who played these types of games GW made from waaay back and people who play 40k looking for a deal.
The set themselves typically offer a huge discount for 40k models (BaC, Deathwatch, Renegade, etc.) and GW knows this thus they make money like gangbusters.

>Can anyone here honestly say they enjoy GW's shitty board games? Deathwatch was garbage, dreadfleet was awful, this new knight game sounds totally pointless when their 40k rules exist for fighting etc
Nah man the rules for the boardgames themselves are pretty solid it's just the issue of basically nobody cares or gives a shit due to it not being 40k.
Me and my mates still bust out Space Hulk every once in a while and Deathwatch has been pretty entertaining as a way to waste an hour or two.

>How does the company find resources to waste on this stuff?
GW management makes no sense.
Who'd da guessed.
>>
File: Damnit.webm (274 KB, 446x250) Image search: [Google]
Damnit.webm
274 KB, 446x250
>>46821561
>Damn, for real?
yes
>Are these everyones new powers or are they just for Codex:Space Marine?
Any Space Marines that aren't Chaos
>Why did they just release Psychic Powers? are the old ones in the BRB still allowed for use?
You can still use the core powers, no one knows why they did it.

wew lad.
>>
>>46821613
>My issue with it is it draws more attention to your company command. I
This. Putting any upgrades at all on a CCS is sort of a crap shoot. No matter what you do, it'd going to be squishy as fuck and give the opponent slay the warlord.
>>
>>46821658
>Oh look the ITC shill is resorting to name calling again
I'm pretty sure the anon telling you to leave was trying to help you.
>>
>>46821613

With the -4 to the scatter from the bs, and by placing your blast in the centre of something, the odds are actually very high; just for the fact that multiple dice roll on a normal distribution, and you fuck that up with the flat -4

You can still hide your command squad, just peek the master to where you have los

if they have barrage weapons, your fucked no matter where you put your command squad
>>
Will people not want to play against me if I ally my MiliTemp army with Chaos Marines?

What about demons? Can they even ally with them?
>>
>>46821176
>Same plastic Scouts
>Same plastic stealers

Not evne a new scout sculpts or some new rippers to sweeten the pot, just old shit and cardboard.
>>
>>46821669
Not always true!
I personally take carapace armor and sometimes camo on the command squad. Surprisingly they can last against anything but hyper dedicated attempts to kill them, most of the time.

I don't put them in a chimera because... it's an easy target
>>
>>46821561

They are for all Adeptus Astartes armies. Yes, even for your Minnesota Vikings RW assuming you're that dude.

BRB powers are still very much usable and allowed.
>>
>>46821567
Im not an 'ITC guy'. But I am familiar with their rulings, and I do participate in the voting. You are seriously a full blown retard if you think anyone involved has an agenda. And ITC arent the only TO's that make rules adjustments. Theyre just (arguably) the biggest and most high profile.

You dont have a leg to stand on bro. You're an idiot.
>>
>>46821736
Daemons and CSM can ally a BattleBros, so there's not gonna be a problem there, but CSM and MT is kind of weird, cause Come The Apocalypse rules.

Frankly I think you,'re just screwing yourself with that.
>>
>>46821717
>MoO peeks out of terrain
>TAKE THAT XENOS SCUM
>Entire tau army shoots him
Sounds like a normal game to me.
>>
>>46821754
>Shill goes full retard with namecalling
Stop. They're trying to help you.
>>
>>46821736
Allying those is tricky. Renegades and Heretics might be a better option, since you can get guardsmen in carapace armor that way.
>>
>>46821736
>Will people not want to play against me if I ally my MiliTemp army with Chaos Marines?

Feel free to, you're taking two of the weakest armies and making them weaker by having fucked up deployment and One eye open rules.

They're more dangerous to one another than the enemy.
>>
>>46821773
Even if he only gets one shot off per game (more than likely) he will earn more than 20 points back on average
>>
>>46821754
These ITC shills are like cockroaches
>I do participate in the voting
Proof?

>>46821754
>if you think anyone involved has an agenda
40,000 keks, good sir
>>
>>46821750
>>46821668
>>46821655

Why would they only release them for Astartes? That is so weird.

Thanks for the input. Does anyone have a list or link of them all before I go looking?
>>
>>46821754
You're pretty fucking dumb if you think no one involved has an agenda,

ITC has made plenty of good adjustments to the rules. There are absolutely elements that I'd want GW to look at.

But even if they don't mean anything by it, they are still biased as fuck. That's almost unavoidable.
>>
>>46821800
Brother, would you be willing to help us stand against these incursions of ITC renegades?
Will you stand against their heretical claims?
Will you guide the loyal away from their false promises?
Can you withstand their incoherent range?
Can you purge their heresy, sending them back to whatever forsaken place they hail from?
Will you help us make /tg/ a better place?
Will you, brother?

>Good god, I've become a chaplin
>>
>>46821821
>Proof?

Anyone can vote you goddamned retard. You level accusations yet dont even know what the hell you're talking about.
>>
>>46821869
Yep. Super weird. It doesn't even make any sense for 3 out of the 4.
>>
>>46821869

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/320380-30-years-of-space-marines-aod-leaks-page-28/page-28
>>
>>46819698
>mfw I have 60+ daemonettes of all 4 generations, not even counting chariots and seekers.
>mfw I would totally buy more daemonettes if I get some fat ones
>>
>>46821800
Solid argument. Looks like its settled guys, anon proved ITC is biased toward Space Marines and Eldar.

Thank you for your flawless logic and irrefutable evidence, everyone appreciates you blowing the whistle on this.
>>
>>46821754
>You are seriously a full blown retard if you think anyone involved has an agenda.
...dude, no matter how optimistic you are, you are suffering from severe delusions, if you honestly think no voters have an agenda.

You might not, but claiming no one does? Seriously?
>>
>>46821919
>Pulls inquisitorial rosette out
AH HA! I knew you would show yourself, traitor.
One does not simply walk to this... "ITC" and vote!
Your level of incoherent babble shows you've been corrupted by their ways.
REPENT, and by the emperor you shall be saved.
Otherwise... I shall be forced to take more... drastic measures...
>>
File: tumblr_o2es827N2A1qaq6bio1_1280.jpg (389 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2es827N2A1qaq6bio1_1280.jpg
389 KB, 1280x1280
>>46821736

I'd be down.
If you really want to go fancy get your hands on some Forgeworld Renegade Milita Enforcer torsoes to make them all Blood-Pact-Special-Forces-y.
But to be frank you'd probably be better off trying to mess around with the Renegades as allies if you want good rules and whatnot.

>>46821769

If he's smart he'll be deepstriking them anyway so CtA wouldn't really trigger for the most part.
Since the Scions are gonna die before he gets near them.
>>
File: Psykana.jpg (919 KB, 1252x1672) Image search: [Google]
Psykana.jpg
919 KB, 1252x1672
>>46821869
>>
>>46821996
Induvidual voters, maybe a group of friends? Yeah thats likely. But a top down conspiracy like that retard was insinuating is ridiculous.

But thats the point of a public vote. You get enough ballots cast that the bullshit gets marginalized, and the general consensus prevails.
>>
>>46821944
>60+ daemonettes of all 4 generations
Pics?
>>
>>46821944
Pics or didn't happen.
>>
File: iamalpharius.jpg (43 KB, 353x281) Image search: [Google]
iamalpharius.jpg
43 KB, 353x281
>>46821970
You know not what stands against you... servant of the ITC
>>
>>46822002
Sign up on Frontlines website. They'll email you every time something is up to a vote.
You too can be part of the evil agenda.... to make Space Marines and Eldar top tourney armies....
>>
>>46822117
Oh wow, that just proves it. It's one fucking guy talking against the ITC. AMAZING. You literally even gave screenshot proof that all of the negative comments are yours.
>>
>>46821982
>ITC is biased toward Space Marines and Eldar.
It doesnt have to be biased towards Eldar to give them a fair shot at winning.

My main issue is obviously nerfing things despite the rules being crystal clear, because "no fair!" and then not doing the same across the board. If any faction gets it because something isn't fair, you have already stepped up on the slippery slope.

Let us not pretend like GW are actually good at writing rules here, but i got into the hobby to play GW Warhammer 40.000, not ITC Warhammer 40.000.

I wouldnt touch ITC with a 10 foot pole, if only because I cannot trust a supposedly "unbiased" comitte with balancing and "clarifying" rules, when they are clearly stonping on certain armies rather than others.

And I play Marines. The fact that this hasn't neagtively affected me at all doesn't matter. I don't want people I play with to be slapped by arbitrary nerfs by butthurt faggots, either.
>>
So did y'all see the Naftka post about the GW CEO shenanigans, possible 8th editions and new codices?
>>
File: 1374688179766.png (431 KB, 615x535) Image search: [Google]
1374688179766.png
431 KB, 615x535
>>46822075
>New shit for witches
>No Vows for the Emperor's Champion

Being black ain't easy.
>>
>>46821736
Renegades & Heretics (IA13) allows you to take grenadier squads, these are troop slot units which are stat for stat tempestus with the same armaments and some flavourful chaos rules replacing the ability to deep strike. It takes a bloody handed reaver demagogue and their disciples to bring, but that's not a bad unit and it's worth it for the lack of "one eye open" that comes with come the apocalypse and for the fact that no one will think poorly of you for bringing an unfluffy list.
>>
>>46822155
Yeah its the same guy that always throws a shitfit if someone mentions ITC. He can never articulate why though. And once he's cornered and exposed for the retard he is (every time) he backs off the hate and starts shitposting attempts at humor. Every time, its the same guy.
>>
>>46822155
Did you not cross reference the posts? that's at least 3 people who don't like agree with you.

With, there's another one
>>46822185

But regardless, it's been proven these ITC folks can only strawman... or maybe it's just one guy.
>>
File: 1429619886060.png (613 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1429619886060.png
613 KB, 900x900
>>46822199

>The studio knows there are problems with the Ork book, but there is no clear direction as to where they want to go with it in balancing it with the current codices beyond minor rewrites and adding formations. Ork Clan formations are very likely.
>>
>>46822205
They're becoming more of a codex compliant chapter at this rate.
>>
>>46822212
>Lost argument
>Better attack the poster

/tg/ 15
/itc/ 0

Would you like to play again?
>>
Which 40k board game is the most fun for 4 people?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.