[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tg/, how can I convince my GM his world is unrealistic and it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9
/tg/, how can I convince my GM his world is unrealistic and it affects the verisimilitude of the storygame experience?

My character uses a katana. I was very specific in this on my character sheet, for cultural reasons.

My GM said because there aren't rules for katanas in 5e D&D I have to count it as a masterwork bastard sword, an unrefined, inelegant gaijin weapon.

He won't accept that this is highly disrespectful to the swordcrafting culture of Japan, dishonouring the name and work of legendary smiths like Hattori Hanzo, Masamune Shirow and Nobuo Uematsu.

I'm not saying that this counts-as is underpowered in d20, just that a sword with a cultural legacy deserves better.
>>
>>46813781
What is your katana's bonus against canines?

Also, how dare you to forget such legendary smiths as Tetsuya Nomura and Hideo Kojima?
>>
>>46813818
Don't forget Danielle Suzuki.
>>
>>46813781
>My character uses a katana. I was very specific in this on my character sheet, for cultural reasons.
>>
>>46813873
I dont understand why he was 'very' specific.

Like, how much more or less specific you can be? I get that you could say a sword and not specify a katana. But once you do say 'it's a katana', how come you can be a little specific about it, or very much so?

Did he inserted the katana serial number to say which katana was it?
>>
>>46813781
>GM his world is unrealistic
Aren't RPG games supposed to be unrealistic? That's the whole point of rpg is to experience things you can't in real life

Also, uncreative bait
>>
File: giphy.gif (3 MB, 500x207) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3 MB, 500x207
>>46813781
>>
>>46813781
but clearly you mentioned to your GM that a katana, being the superior weapon for eternity and all time, can cut trough a tank in one little chop, right?

your gm needs a reminder how a katana is the best sword in the world and a skilled wielder can cut bullets in half with it.
>>
>>46813909
>It's a 3 feet katana made out of the angel's wing and devil's teeth. It's rainbow-colored and its steel was folded over nine thousand times.
Sounds very specific to me.
>>
>>46813921
Actually, you can't cut a bullet with a Katana. It's being prove by History Channel that a gun (not the gunner) is too afraid to fire agaisnt someone wielding a Katana. They even did a test so you know it's true.
>>
>>46813921
>
It's folded 1000 times, making it the strongest blade known to man
>>
>>46813934
Actually that's just the description of the standart Subou No Sudoku Katana from the Tamagoshi Era. Half the samurais used it. Did he specify if it was tempered in water from the snows of Mt. Fuji and that it can slice through anything that is not a katana itself? Including reality?
>>
>>46813943
omg i didn't knwo that! thanks senpai (´・ω・`)

being more accurate than history itself history channel feeds us with nothing but truths.
>>
File: Katana forging.png (414 KB, 554x790) Image search: [Google]
Katana forging.png
414 KB, 554x790
>>46813909
Construction style, era or even smith might be specified, but really this is a mildly creative take on old, old pasta, 2/10
>>
>>46813781
This pasta is stale anon...
>>
There is no "masterwork" in 5e.

There are no "bastard swords" in 5e.
>>
As a GM without specific rules for a katana I would have treated it like a regular bastard sword. Making it masterwork is quite generous.
As for the sword crafting culture - i don't get how this can be disrespectful for European weapons were superior in regards of being an actual weapon in all accounts.
>>
>>46813962
>be me, a wandering ronin
>take out my katana for my daily training
>accidentally cut through reality
>accidentally drop my sword into the rift of reality
>the rift seals itself as reality catches up
>my katana is now gone somewhere in the folds of fabric of reality
whoops
#JustSamuraiThings
>>
File: asian window licker.webm (3 MB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
asian window licker.webm
3 MB, 720x400
>>46813781
>this is highly disrespectful to the swordcrafting culture of Japan
and Japan is highly disrespectful to the window cleaning profession
what goes around comes around
>>
>>46813781
Has no one recognized and posted the copy pasta yet?
>>
File: colin.jpg (4 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
colin.jpg
4 KB, 265x190
>>46814018
>Am I the only one who recognizes the most boring and overused pasta on /tg/?
Yes, of course you are, anon.
>>
>>46813994
>>46813781

but srsly why a bastardsword? a katana is nothing but a short, double-handled, single edged and heavy saber.

>>46814018
every post here mocks this meme. we are mentally to far away and to developed to simply post old copy pasta. we overleap this step and started directly with mocking.
>>
>>46813781
Go DM your own game then Steve. I'm fuckn done.
>>
File: 1445793081108.jpg (494 KB, 1015x923) Image search: [Google]
1445793081108.jpg
494 KB, 1015x923
>>46813781
>sneaky memes
>>
>>46814018
To be fair it's not the pasta.

It's a much improved version of the pasta.
>>
>>46814055
LOOK I SAID I WAS SORRY ABOUT THE DOG BRO
>>
>>46814055
>>46814110
You still haven't let me taste any blood, besides that of a shitty dog.
I'm a DEMON sword, for fuck's sake!
How do you expect me to stay eternally sharp, if you don't let me drink human blood?
>>
Anon, this isn't even good bait. It's not infuriating, or angry. It's just boring. Why are you so boring?
>>
>>46814178
>judging everything in terms of "bait" and "not bait"
How does it feel to be so boring? I'd imagine it's pretty boring.
>>
>>46814234
Vaguely depressing. Like there's something missing, but I don't even know what it is much less how to get it,
>>
File: avatar_4dfdeb91b2ed_128.png (27 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
27 KB, 128x128
>>46814271
http://chiefobrienatwork.com/

Here, have a read and make your life a little more fun.
>>
>>46813916
>Aren't RPG games supposed to be unrealistic?
Not necessarily, no. And if they are, they generally use rules to quantify the things you can't do in real life.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.