[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Superpowers from Limbo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 3
Hello /tg/!

In this thread, you are invited to post a trauma that has occurred in your life, real or imagined, and in compensation, you will receive a thematically appropriate superpower.

The point of this is in order to easily generate interesting and personally fitting powersets for superhero RP. I'm personally operating off the Worm/Weaver Dice power philosophy but you are free to adapt what you receive to your system of choice.

Remember that when sharing, the "trigger event" as it were where you gain your abilities stems from the absolute "oh fuck" moment. If it was a slow build of awful shit in your life, it would be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

I may not be the absolute fastest typer but I'll try to keep up and get to everybody.
>>
Unstoppable shit-dick anon from the last thread here, can I be called Captain Blindside?
>>
>>46810533
Yarb.
>>
Azure Striker Reporting in:
You have gained the ability to project incapacitating discharges of electricity, ban enough to get someone to shit themselves. These discharges are quite close range, but can be focused through conductive equipment like a bat or metal bar. While you are discharging electricity, you enter a state of temporary invulnerability, allowing you to essentially leap on and shock others without fear. This a Striker ability supplemented by a Breaker ability. The Striker ability is a result of the source of pain being very close to you (in your body) and the Breaker ability comes about as a result of the stress of the operation.
>>
>>46810508
I was in a head on collision with a semi that miraculously I walked away from. I was 16, it was my first car, and I only suffered a seatbelt bruise.
>>
>>46810589
Shit I forgot the actual trauma part. The accident left me with a crippling fear of motor vehicles. I can ride in them, but I can't drive.
>>
>>46810589
>Ability to turn your vehicle into an unholy battering ram of speed and energy
>When your powers are activated, a psychokinetic force gives your vehicle proportionally exceptional speed, dependent on your personal will and the speed the vehicle was going when you activate your ability
>You gotta go FAST
>Your body is also incredibly resistant to the pressures put upon you while driving, which translates to super durability and incredible pain tolerance
>Pretty much, as long as you're driving something, you become a living, breathing railgun, capable of collapsing entire buildings with just a pump of the gas
>Your body will go flying though
>But at least you won't receive any damage from it
>This ability only works if you're in motion
>You can't accelerate from a standing vehicle
>The faster you were before you started using your powers, the easier you can reach higher speeds, and the faster you can go
>Your car is not invulnerable, only you are
>You're going to need a whole shit load of cars in the future

ex.
>Going 80 on the freeway and you activate your powers to catch up to a getaway van a mile away
>You accelerate to somewhere around 1,000-1,380mph within 4 to 5 seconds
>That's just a rough estimate
>With practice, you could probably go even faster
>Fuck I'm so sleepy

Alright, guys. I think I'm going to go to sleep. Goodbye.
>>
>>46810697
Fuark. What I meant to say was

>The faster you're going, the more durable your body becomes, to adapt to the pressures of speed and shit

You're not durable by default, you have to be moving to grow tougher.
>>
>>46810508
I'm the "Wraith of Chains" guy (dubbed as such by >>>46804191) from the previous thread, and I never got confirmation on what classification, or classifications, my power would fall under. It's not extremely important, but I'm still curious. If you feel like it, it would be cool to know.

I also added some ideas myself towards the end of the previous thread >>>46810384
>>
>>46810508
Three weeks ago, I was almost killed on the job.
Welders were setting steel beams that would have supported a new stairwell in an office building we are in the process of erecting. I, was in the basement of said building, at the bottom of the stairwell, attempting to finish burying electrical conduit before they poured the cement for the foundation.

One of the welder's let go of his beam, and it fell. The sharp corner of a falling steel beam snagged the back of my shirt, and tore a gash from between my shoulder blades to the small of my back.

The beam barely grazed my skin, but one inch back, and I would be, at best, in traction with permanent spine damage.
>>
>>46810751
You're a Striker. You have the ability to cause seizing paralysis at a toucj, to make others prisoners in their own flesh until you say otherwise. It's a Striker power because you were in such close, tight quarters when you triggered.
>>
Gonna sound like a total bitch but fuck it. Dunno where exactly this fear originally came from, but here's the memory where it solidified.

Little me, probably like idk 10 at the oldest
Love burgers, so yo, let's go to Red Robbin (Yum)
We get a window seat, mom orders me soda and burg and everything a fat kid that already has manboobies wants
Dad sees dude in Red Robbing mascot costume outside the window. Dude's probably on a smoke break or something.
Dad knows from past experiences involving both the Easter Bunny and Chuck E Cheese, that these kinds of costumes freak me the hell out.
Dad somehow gets the man's attention and conveys to come up to the window in full costume and peck at it, directly at me.
At first I don't notice because hell yes burg and fires.
What the hell is that tapping sound
Le turn
Big ass red bird man smashing his face into the glass oh god why.
Ok nope time to start crying and burying my face into my mom's shoulder
Dad lols

the trauma: Terrified of those animal costumes, seriously, they're soulless and evil. Also fuck Fnaf.
>>
>>46810508
Complete a bachelor's degree in Aviation Technology at university. It's not one of the more common ones, but it's got IT and Business courses in it, and surely you'll be able to find a desk job or something with it, right? Nope. Look for a year, and nothing. Not even a job loading luggage on planes, or manning a ticket counter. Okay, well, how about I go and take a pre-vocational course on how to fix planes? They said that everyone who passes with good marks will find an apprenticeship to become a qualified technician in no time. Turns out they lied; 200 people in the country graduate from courses like that, and there's only 50 apprenticeships each year. So, I spent the last two years looking for a position, and I'm just losing hope.

I'm smart, I'm dedicated, I'm honest, and I've got a passion for Aviation, but you can't just operate on passion alone. I'm almost thirty, I still live with my parents, and I've never held a job in my life because noone is willing to fucking hire me because I don't have any experience, just education, and all the fucking kikes kiking up the economy didn't help. It's just so FUCKING FRUSTRATING, and so fucking depressing at the same time.
>>
>>46810869
Thanks hombre
>>
>>46810751
>>46810577
So Wraith, Striker, do you think we have our first super hero team?
>>
>>46811052
You are an engineer.
Find a engineering job in a non-aviation profession. Automotive, perhaps? Mechanical?
You're almost 30, so you still have 40 more professional years ahead of you. Start in a place you are ambivalent about and move in to your passion. Start bad, move up. RPG logic.
Failing that, go online and look for *where the jobs are* and then move *there*.
Engineering is a flexible degree anon.
Source: Maryland Native who moved to South Carolina. Now makes 133% what I started at five years ago through smart career transitions.
>>
>>46811524
It's not an actual Engineering degree, anon. It's technically an IT degree, except that I'm competing with all the people with *actual* IT degrees and more experience to boot, and since I've wasted multiple years trying and failing to get into Aviation, I no longer qualify for almost all of the Graduate programs that most companies run for recent graduates (limited to people who graduated in the last two to three years, usually).

Or, if you're talking about the prevocational course I did, no, I'm not, because I need to find someone willing to hire me as an apprentice so that I can get qualified first.
>>
>>46811576
Oh, and becoming a "regular" mechanic for cars and the like isn't an option, either, because all the tradies want you to have a manual driver's license before they'll even consider taking you on as an apprentice. Automotive Mechanic? Driver's License. Electrician? Driver's License. Air Conditioning/Refridgeration tech? Driver's License. Never mind that I won't be working on my own for years, never mind that I'll catch public transport with enough time budgeted so that I'll never be late even if I miss one train or bus and need to catch the next one, never mind that I've got my Learner's and I'll get my Provisional the moment I can manage to pass the fucking driving exam. No driver's license? Not even considered.
>>
>>46811052
Go to Alaska, and try to find business flying Hunter in prop jobs. Make friends with some Natural Resource Managers and Game Wardens, and ask them how to get into flight survey work.

You can make much moolah flying survey planes and helicopters for managers and biologists. Heck, try to see if Ducks Unlimited has any internships or apprenticeship work. Duck Hunting is a multi billion dollar industry, and it might be good for you to get a slice of that pie

Source, a Wildlife Biology Major
>>
>>46811615
>Almost 30
>no DL.
>Murrica
... How?
Do you live in NYC or something?
Look, just go to the DMV and take the stupid exam, it's easier than you think, and you can take it multiple times.
Seriously, not having ID is the bigger problem than your industry of choice.
Also: Alaska always needs Aviation Techs, ditto for Colorado and Wyoming.
>>
>people pours the worst shit of their lives on the thread
>op actually gives off powers, but every reasoning behind them is retarded, and accompanied by an extremely bad and unfunny imitation of "choose your knigga" humor
Shittiest thread on /tg/ right now. congrats
>>
>>46811649
No Pilot's License, and since Australia and America use different accreditation systems for aircraft maintenance (fucking FAA using their own system that literally NOONE ELSE USES), I'd have to literally start over again from square one, no better than any other kid off of the street.

Oh, and before you guys say "Oh, what about the military?", they use their own accreditation scheme based on rank and time in service, which entirely separate from civilian aviation (which is why most of the teachers at my aviation school were all ex-military guys who didn't qualify to work on civilian planes), and since I've got a degree, I probably wouldn't be working on planes, I'd be an officer bossing around the guys that do.
>>
>>46811670
Australia. We actually have decent public transport here, so it's not really needed if you live in the city. The first time I took the exam, the driving examiner deliberately distracted me as I was turning into a school zone, causing me to miss the sign (speeding in a school zone is an automatic fail), and the second time, they told me to change lanes into a lane full of cars, and when I went to turn, having waited for a space to open up, then went and grabbed the wheel because they thought that it wasn't big enough (if they grab the wheel, it's an automatic fail).
>>
>>46811690
Still better than 90% of 40k threads.
>>
>>46811722
Yeah, ignore the tester, they are supposed to distract you.
>>
>>46810508
Beat in the head with a golf club. What happened afterwards?
>>
>>46811697
>>46811722
And you couldn't find some Biologists there to let you fly along and get training surveying kangaroos?

Looks like your future has gone down under
>>
>>46811781
How is that supposed to help me? No reputable airline would let someone with a pilot's license fly a plane (and the people that take those sorts of survey missions are, in fact, airlines, if small General Aviation ones); I'd have to get my Pilot's License first, which would require at least a year of lessons at a pilot's school, and then I'd be looking at decades of work that pays little-to-nothing in the hopes that one day, decades from now, I might get hired by one of the big airlines to fly planes for them.

Except that that won't happen, because I'll be too old by then; even the guys that start flying planes when they're sixteen are usually in their 40s or 50s before they get into those sorts of jobs, unless they're the lead singer for Iron Maiden and they can just spend buckets of money hiring planes to get the flight hours they need.
>>
my cousin molested me when I was 10
>>
Page 8 bump so that the thread doesn't get archived before OP gets back to tell me what powers being a NEET has earned me. ;)
>>
>>46810508

I've had severe eczema/psoriasis for most of my life which the worst of it is on the back of my hand. For the most part, it looks like my knuckles are constantly torn and cracked. On the worse of days it can even hurt to wash or flex my hands. I shed alot of skin, like an actual dust cloud can be formed on my clothes if i were to shake it.

A trigger event could be a flare/itch gone beyond my limits and the skin just shatters.
>>
>>46800290
>Doesn't even eat up half our budget. And I believe Jim Mac said that the apartment was a gift from our family, and thus we don't have to pay rent.
nah, the money we have was the gift, and we've been using THAT to pay rent...

good listing though I suppose..
>>
I felt my beliefs, both political and spiritual, would stand up to /pol/.
I went through a short phase of near muteness, blind racism, (as opposed to discerning riff raff from upright people) and isolation. I was broken, because all that I stood for was yanked out from under me, much like a paladin who realizes he worships a god of death.
>>
>>46805992
So does my power have any offensive capabilities at all? I know all the powers in Worm need to be able to fuel conflict in some way, and having people think that they've always known you doesn't seem like a very conflictive ability
>>
When I was very young, my older sister had a huge heroin problem. It ended up killing her (with a little mix of cancer to spice things up and further throw my family into poverty.). Anyways, she was a peice of shit and was slimy as fuck. One day when cleaning out her room as a kid (was maybe 8-9?), I lifted something up high and hit the drop ceiling. The tile itself fell down, and I had found where she was hiding all her used needles. A shower of about 30 of them rained on me, some stabbing me. I was rushed to the hospital endless amounts of tests and blood work, more needles then I could ever count.

from that day on, I seriously cannot take syringes. Cant fucking do it. I literally had teeth pulled raw with no novocain because I told them to get that shit away from me. I have to go medieval mode when drawing blood.

I dont know what kind of crack man I will become, but I felt like i was going through gene therapy.
>>
So, Airplane NEET here; since I suspect that you'll probably say some variety of flight-based Tinker or Mover (or maybe both, if he gets some sort of aeroplane-based transformation power), I figured I'd post the most recent version of the Weaver Dice Tinker chapter.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hQx5XfXrb0cilcP3J178cq1Uj6Dlggcz2X9U3C5zV4U/edit#
>>
>>46814614
Have you read the Fullbringer arc of Bleach? The main villain of the arc more-or-less had that as his main power.
>>
>>46810508
I got really drunk last night and I have an exam in one hour. I really need to do a quick revision but I'm really hung over.
>>
>>46814614
Manipulation and assassination of others! Think like Nice Guy.
>>
Can someone drop the link to the spreadsheet with everything on it?
>>
>>46815663
So does it actually affect the feelings and thoughts of the person towards me? As in "hey, Anon is pretty much my best friend, he wouldn't hurt a fly" or is it more neutral like "oh yeah, me and him have known each other since we were kids. He's a good kid"
>>
>>46810797
You gain unconsciously-controlled telekinesis that appears like incredible luck that protects you from danger. Someone tries to shoot you? Their gun jams, or all their shots only graze you. You do have to be on some level aware of any attacks to be protected from them though

>>46810973
If you get close enough to someone you can implant a phobia in their mind directed towards you, causing them to regard you with blind fear

>>46811052
Long-term mental stress with no clear solution suggests that you would trigger as a tinker, essentially a mad scientist with a particular theme to your inventions. In this case it's probable your theme would be avionics, so building things like hypersonic jets, personal jetpacks, and the like would be within your purview.

>>46811779
Your bones become super hard and your major organs grow a protective sheath. Although you're no more resilient to bruising and flesh wounds, major trauma becomes much less likely

>>46812187
You gain the ability to petrify living matter by touch, and if you completely petrify an animal or human they become animate statues under your control
>>
>>46813019
You can mentally compel people to support and protect you. They won't necessarily like you, but so long as they're under your influence they'll feel a powerful urge to make sure your basic needs and safety are assured.

>>46813125
Your skin is shed entirely and replaced with a new membrane, one which you can control the colour, texture, hardness, conductivity, and other properties of

>>46814255
Just by looking at someone you gain a sense of how similar their way of thinking and beliefs are to yours, and how they might differ

>>46814891
If any harmful substances enter your body, they're automatically sequestered into cysts that isolate them from the rest of your biology. You can then safely expel them or inject their contents into someone else through the needle-claws you can extend from your fingertips

>>46815306
You can accelerate your mental processes to the point where everything else seems to move at a crawl. You can't actually move any faster though, just think.
>>
Mutual kill anon here, >>46807719 . How hard would it be to hide my ability from other people? I'm not too familiar with the setting

>>46818092
This one?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UT6LTsRQCVklbBsPzjm89kwBLt-YlUpWgMtOOcp3g8M/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0
>>
comming downstairs in the morning to see my father dead after a long battle with cancer
>>
You have gained the ability to "rent out" your body to a wide variety of personalities, all of which have wildly varied skill sets but each is a master at their craft. Killers, speakers, technicians, experts one and all but each with a personal quirk that can come off as jarring. This is a Thinker ability stemming from a mental ordeal that led to your trigger.

so what is this like uber lite with tics ?
>>
>>46811690
Anon, I just want you to know that your life will get better in time, and all the pent-up anger and frustration will disappear.
>>
>>46820208
There's a pair of special organs that develop in the brains of people with latent and active powers, so a brain scan would be able to distinguish you from the masses, but for someone else to know what your ability is without seeing you use it would require a power in itself
>>
>>46819019
>Your skin is shed entirely and replaced with a new membrane, one which you can control the colour, texture, hardness, conductivity, and other properties of
Husk from Generation X would like a word with you.
>>
Anon from the previous thread with the time-freezing tech and aging blades. I had three questions.

With time freeze grenades/tech, do I stop time including myself or am I immune to my own time freezing.

Second, even though this is just for fun would anyone want to do a quest or character post thread with this?

>>46820208
Didn't know they made a list. I'll go by Quantum Epoch and be a Hero.
>>
>>46820570
Cool, guess that means I have time to find a qt to suicide pact(well its more murder suicide but close enough) with and be together in the afterlife
>>
>>46820614
I've genuinely never heard of that character before, guess this is one of those "nothing new under the sun" situations

>>46820475
You gain a tinker (mad scientist with a theme) power, your theme being radiation and fission. With this power you can build superscience devices like radiation shields, briefcase atom bombs, and nuclear death robots.
>>
File: whip1.png (26 KB, 300x210) Image search: [Google]
whip1.png
26 KB, 300x210
When I was still in boarding school the year 12s had a tradition called "strapping". Its where a year 12 would look at a younger student and command them to do something. If the kid refused the year 12 kid was entitled to hit them as hard as they could with a belt. If a kid refused to "take the strap" they were not allowed to strap when they reached year 12 and were considered unworthy of being a boarding student. Their peers would ostracize them and regularly break things in their rooms. To this day I was the only kid who thought this was stupid, but I went along with it and avoided everyone for fear of being strapped.
>>
>>46822349
If any disobeys a request from you, they suffer agony proportional to the magnitude of their disobedience for several hours, or until they comply. This power can't be turned off, so be careful with how you phrase things from now on.
>>
>>46810508
Opened my bathroom door to see my sister, who'd crawled up the stairs after attempting to commit suicide by pills.
She's okay now, but by far the scariest moment of my life.
>>
>>46810508
I was on the receiving end of a pair of drive-bys from Latin Kings. On the second one a friend got hit so I rushed him to the hospital.

It hasn't necessarily left me with a major trigger, but it was one of the more traumatic instances in my life. I'm a bit leery of Mexicans now, though I wouldn't call myself straight-up racist, and I've entered a couple of jobs that give experience in emergency response training to make sure I never freeze up again.

Completely unrelated, I've been in two car accidents, but it's not really abated my need for speed.
>>
Oh boy there's another thread with the exact same premise up right now

>>46823029
You gain a sixth sense for when people are trying to lie to you or hide something from you. Even hidden objects become trivially easy for you to find.

>>46823164
You can convert whatever emotions you're currently feeling into projectile attacks. Each emotion produces a different sort of projectile, with anger producing explosive fireballs, fear creating rapid-fire electrical bolts, shock producing a lance of telekinetic force, and so on. Using this power temporarily weakens the emotion that fuels it, with overuse leaving you emotionally numb for hours.
>>
>>46804215 You have the ability of a corrosive touch, able to give your skin the properties of a powerful acid and eat through flesh and materials. You aren't producing acid, just emulating it at a touch. This is a Striker power as a result of the direct nature of your trigger, the snakebite.

>>46795262

That sounds lovely, I guess I'll be this semi-naked man clad in an adult diaper named Captain Corrosive?

Captain Corrosive here. WHAT DO NOW.
>>
>>46810508
I've broken my right femur three times in the same spot. I have a metal bar attached to the bone.
>>
>>46823905
You gain a mild healing factor, and personal osseokinesis. You can grow and shape your bones, creating weapons and armour and the like out of them.
>>
Bite by a rat. I was bedridden for fucking days mang.
>>
I had a cluster of seizures once, all limited to about one year.
>>
>>46824177
You gain the power to "store up" unused physical potential and spend it later to enhance yourself. Say you lie in bed for a few days, then afterwards you can blow that unused potential for temporary superstrength, a healing factor, and so on.

>>46824258
You can enter what's know as a "breaker state" wherein you transform from ordinary flesh and blood to a body of living vibrations. While in this form you can phase through obstacles and are immune to conventional attacks, though extreme sonics and other esoteric methods can still hurt you.
>>
File: 1436909921541.jpg (48 KB, 600x386) Image search: [Google]
1436909921541.jpg
48 KB, 600x386
>>46819019
>If any harmful substances enter your body, they're automatically sequestered into cysts that isolate them from the rest of your biology. You can then safely expel them or inject their contents into someone else through the needle-claws you can extend from your fingertips

Thats....actually kind of fucking cool. Thanks anon for turning a really shitty event around like that. Glad I came back to the thread.

Cape Name: Black Hazard
(a play on black plague and bio hazard obviously.)

Alignment: Vigilante

MO: Guessing quiet kills. Assassin style stuff. going after scum drug dealers Rorschach style.

Anyone on that can add this to that list in >>46820208 ? I'm not sure how the rateing and powers go.
>>
Im a guy fascinated with precious gems and metals. One day I went to a museum to see a new diamond but got caught in an explosion after robbers stole it. I barely survived.
>>
>>46824694
You gain two powers. The first augments your biology to be more resistant to shocks, high temperatures, and diffuse trauma. Getting shot or stabbed is still as bad as before but another explosion won't be near as dangerous.

The second power is a sort of area-of-effect burst centered on you that drains the energy from your surroundings. Fires burn cooler, noises dim, people get lethargic, and so on.
>>
>>46824578
So I become more powerful based on how much time I spend on the couch? Sweet. I shall be called, neckbeardman.
>>
Some of these are really cool, definitely stealing some for Rain City quest on Sunday.
>>
>>46824694
What museum? No bullshitting
>>
When I was in high school, I was walking outside with my dog in the winter. Due to a freak biology failure, my kneecap dislocated, my leg bent sideways at the knee, and my knee suffered some pretty intense internal damage. Knowing that by the time anyone came to check on where I was I might be suffering from hypothermia, I painfully straightened my leg back out and limped a mile back home.

It wasn't until I'd slept that the adrenaline faded enough for me to realize how badly hurt I actually was. After a surgeon put my knee back together from the inside out, I was on a cane in physical rehab for six months, and it'd be over a year before I could run again. These days, you wouldn't know that anything was wrong with it, except that it clicks loudly when I climb stairs and gets sore if I stand on it too much on any given day.

That's the worst I've ever been injured. What kind of powers should I have gotten from that?
>>
My best friend was bullied to the point of suicide when I was ten, his bullies then decided to go after me. It was all verbal stuff so I faked-smiled through it but now I have crippling depression.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d12)

>>46818996
>Long-term mental stress with no clear solution suggests that you would trigger as a tinker, essentially a mad scientist with a particular theme to your inventions. In this case it's probable your theme would be avionics, so building things like hypersonic jets, personal jetpacks, and the like would be within your purview.

Okay. So, Flight-specialty Tinker. Looking over the various subcategories of Tinkers in >>46815262, I think probably a Reactor-type Jetpack-specialist Tinker (Limit/Hyperspecialist hybrid) probably fits my described trigger the best: Hyperspecialists result from a single, all-consuming obsession, and Limit Tinkers result from abstract situations with no rest or relaxation. So, I have to plug all my tech into a bulky reactor that I have to carry around, but it gives me a certain number of "charge points" that I can use to power items outside my specialty or to boost the effectiveness of items inside my specialty. Of course, because I'm a Jetpack specialist, I've got antigravity devices rigged up in the reactor to negate its weight and to allow me to fly.

So, using the Shackled-type Tinker sheet as a guideline, I should roll 1d12 to determine my starting secondary specialty; 1-6, I get one of the Ego specialties, 7-12, I get one of the Travel specialties.
>>
>>46827633
Okay, a 1 is a Powersuit specialty. So, I've got Jetpacks as my primary specialty with Powersuits as my secondary. I guess that sort of makes sense; the main factor stopping us from being able to build power armor right now is power constraints, and with a Reactor tinker, that's no longer really an issue. Additionally, it's not like I'd be using my *muscles* to carry around the weight of the suit, so it makes sense to go heavy.

So, now to write the list of tinkertech devices I'd be able to start off able to build...
>>
Here we go. I think this is pretty reasonable.

List A:
1H Weapon: Wrist Lasers
2H Weapon: Shoulder-mounted Missile Launchers
Melee Weapon #1: Gravity Punch
Melee Weapon #2: Chainsaw Bracer-Swords
Jetpack Specialty Weapon: Palm Repulsors
Jetpack Specialty Utility: Jetpack Reactor
Jepack Specialty Bodysuit #1: G-Negation Bodysuit (agility)
Jetpack Specialty Bodysuit #2: Aerodynamic Shield-suit (top speed/defense)
Power Suit Specialty Weapon/Utility: Wall/Door Breacher
Power Suit Specialty Power Armor: Power Armor

List B:
Jetpack Specialty Pattern: Kinetic Knockback
Jetpack Specialty Patterns: Gravity Negation (enemies hit fall into ceiling or float in the air)
Power Suit Specialty Pattern: Retractible/Concealable (weapons retract into power suit when not in use and are hidden from casual inspection)

List C:
Trinket, Charge
Trinket, Scan
Trinket, Data
Mask #1: Combat Computer (+Brawl/Aim skills)
Mask #2: Radar/Enhanced Senses
Workstations
>>
I was at a park was getting my bike out I turned around and saw a car coming at high speed as it clipped my bike and i and crashed into a tree. My bike was bent out of shape and I was on the ground with a few flesh wounds sole and screams everywhere I was shaking for the next day or two.
>>
Page 10 bump.
>>
Rolled 1, 2 = 3 (2d4)

>>46828318
You know what? Rolling to see what flaws/perks I get. 1= Life Perk, 2=Power Perk, 3=Life Flaw, 4=Power Flaw.
>>
Rolled 19, 25 = 44 (2d47)

>>46831359
One Life Perk, one Power Perk. Nice. Okay, rolling to see what perks they are, using the tarot-card system here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aHyZ7c7TIgt903mPinOakrgli2WZu5IRtiGYPCnCqDE/edit#gid=405464285
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

>>46831372
Life Perk: Maintenance. The character may be the type to habitually clean their guns, they might have an eye for the best quality goods, or they might simply be more on the lookout to threats to their equipment, but either way, their gear doesn't break or get lost. If attended gear would break, or if the character would be disarmed, pickpocketed or otherwise have something snatched, roll a 1d4 - the item is only lost or damaged on a 1. The chance increases by +1 per time the roll is used (lost/damaged on a 1 or 2, for second attempt), and resets if the character sits down and takes time to maintain their stuff. Items meant to be consumed or used up are easily salvaged or replaced, as well. For every four items of a general type that are used up (first aid kits, grenades, ammunition), the character can get a fifth for free (going by lowest quality of the four that were used up), scrounging up pieces or by maintaining good relationships with suppliers (gun nut with weapons dealer, for example).

Power Perk: More quality of life. The power lends itself well to real life exploits and activity. It can be used to generate wealth, it might alter the immediate environment in a way that helps the cape and hampers any potential enemies for the future, they might not need to eat or sleep. Generally physical benefits come with physical powers and mental for mental.

These general benefits come at a cost. Roll a d6: On a 1-5, power, efficiency, accuracy, scope, or versatility suffer by one step, respective to die results. On a six, the character suffers a minor mutation to one body part.

Okay, so I'm a Tinker who no longer needs to sleep, can easily use their Tinker-tech to make money (playing the stock market, maybe), and whose stuff almost never breaks or gets lost, but whose Tinker-tech suffers a minor tradeoff in capability as a result.
>>
>>46831424
So, what his starting Tinker Loadout might be:
Jetpack Reactor (lets him fly, cancels its own weight, produces Charge points for tinker tech)
G-Negation Bodysuit w/ Kinetic Pattern (+agility, +agility)
Power Armor w/ Gravity Negation Pattern (good Brawn bonus, good armor, extra armor without weight)
-Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launchers w/ Gravity Negation
-Wrist-mounted Laser w/ Retractable (Left Arm)
-Chainsaw Bracer Sword w/ Retractable (Left Arm)
-Palm Repulsors w/ Kinetic Knockback (Both Hands)
Radar/Enhanced Senses Mask w/ Kinetic HUD (Radar, Enhanced senses, +Brawl/Aim/Gunslinger)

So, a pretty decent all-around suit. Agile, tough, strong, and with a fairly dangerous weapon loadout, with lethal and nonlethal options.
>>
>>46810508
MY PARENTS ARE DEAAAD!
>>
>>46826617
Your power is a personal forcefield that augments your strength and shields you from damage and extremes of temperature. The field conforms to your mental image of your body rather than its physical structure and so would allow you to move and act normally even if every bone in your body has been shattered. This also allows it to act as a makeshift splint.

>>46826730
You gain the ability to remotely piggyback in another person's body, accessing their senses and potentially controlling their body, though this requires that your will overcomes theirs. You can also use your power on a fresh corpse, and this removes the need to overcome another's will to control it.

>>46828845
You get a sort of aerokinesis, allowing you to fly, surround yourself in a windy deflection field, and fire bullets of compressed air that explode on impact.

>>46834038
You gain the power of superhuman willpower and exceptional focus on anything you choose, essentially hyper-adderral at-will. As a side-effect your need to sleep is significantly reduced.
>>
>>46835280
>Your power is a personal forcefield that augments your strength and shields you from damage and extremes of temperature. The field conforms to your mental image of your body rather than its physical structure and so would allow you to move and act normally even if every bone in your body has been shattered. This also allows it to act as a makeshift splint.
Like Golden Age Superman. Love it.
>>
>>46824603
>>46810508
Alright, figuring out this system on a whim. Work with me here if I'm fucking up. Just something neat to do at work. Cleaned up, finished-ish version of previous post, believe OP said take more liberties to make it more your own and going off of the anons powers given:

Cape name: Black Hazard
Alignment: Vigilante
Powers-----Triggers
Changer/Brute: Immunity to all forms of harmful disease/toxin/poison/virus-----Extensive blood work and transfusions after a shower of dirty drug syringes

Changer/Striker: Ability to inject any current harmful substance in body to another through needle in fingertips----Dirty needles broken off inside skin with said needle shower

Changer/Blaster: Ability to safely/violently expel said toxins from body either gaseous or liquid------During extensive blood tests, alot of the drugs had to be detoxed and 'sweat out'

Changer/Shaker: Desperation tactic, mix multiple volatile toxins in body and expel a new, highly hazardous, large area toxic pathogen. Leaves user incredibly vulnerable for a time------A mix of rusty metal, dried blood of multiple strangers, different drugs, and a host of bacteria entering my body all at once, even the hospital treated me as a bio-threat.

Thinker/Stranger: Ability to follow the trail of particular toxins/drugs/diseases to a source-----Growing up with the worst of the worst drug users and being effected second handedly on a daily baisis, you never forget the smell and feel.

Not sure if you wanted stats and stuff, was just looking to put a neat little personal signature on your list if you wanted an npc or somthing. Never roleplayed with this system.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.