[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was sent here from /m/ What traditional RPG class is the most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
I was sent here from /m/

What traditional RPG class is the most /m/?

Knight?
>>
>>46808698
Depends on the system.
>>
>>46808698
Paladin
>>
>>46808710
Ofcourse, but in more general terms I'm talking about like... fantasy setting games.
>>
>>46808760
I don't know, probably a cavalier.
>>
>>46808698
Paladin
>>
>>46808698
Paladin

At least, most hero suits would be Paladins.

Barbatos and RX-78-2 are fighters

Burning and Shining would be monks

Strike Freedom is a Sorcerer
>>
>>46808751
>>46808816
>>46808843

So are we talking about being in a suit of armor the tranditional/fantasy equivalent of a mobile suit?

Cause I can get on board with this.
>>
>>46808843
How about F91

And Titan

And Kampfer

And Accguy

And Atlas

And Nu Gundam

And Gelgoog
>>
>>46808698
>Depends on the system

If that system is D&D 3.5/Pathfinder, then psychic warrior for Newtypes.
Dreamscarred Press has material for mecha, psionic characters, and fighting disciplines. The capstone maneuver of the "Sleeping Goddess" discipline includes
>If this damage would reduce the target to 0 or fewer hit points, you can attempt to convert them to your way of thinking, clashing beliefs in a brief moment of spiritual contact. If you do, you and the target make an opposed ability check, with you using your initiation modifier and the target using its Charisma modifier. If the target succeeds, they take damage as normal, potentially killing them or knocking them unconscious. If you succeed, the target is instead reduced to 0 hit points, and their attitude towards you and your allies changes to helpful. This is not a compulsion, nor is it forcing the target to follow your orders, but rather the result of a spiritual conversation that took place in the instant of the strike. The target now understands your beliefs and ideals and either believes in them as well or respects your belief enough to be unwilling to oppose you. Regardless of whether or not the target succeeds on their save, you gain a deep understanding of their own beliefs and ideals.
>>
>>46808698
in Shadowrun that would be the "rigger" cahracter archetype, building from scratch a mech that doesn't blow chunks is actually a goal for a lot of riggers, and yes, there are rules for it.

Dungeons the Dragoning you could probaly /m/ really hard as any class. though, one of the rider class tracks might do you lots of good, or again, the rigger.
>>
>>46811418
That is literally the "Defeat means Friendship" Trope in RPG form. dafuq?
>>
>>46814339
It's specifically the Gundam version of that (where two psychics inadvertently link minds in the heat of battle), except apparently no one in DSP watches Gundam.
>>
>>46814339
I think that is the point.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.