[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
:NULL: QUEST: THREAD 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: :NULL: QUEST.png (10 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
:NULL: QUEST.png
10 KB, 640x400
It is the year 579 on New Earth, nearing the end of the sixth century of civilization’s return to the surface of the planet after the Nibiru cataclysm wiped away societies of the past. Barren and desolate, the world only now begins to reform. Small utopian fringe cities exist between badlands and uncharted wilds on the frontier of a new and unexplored world.

Technology has made leaps forward, with A.I. having gained full sentience and a number of hard-light technologies and plastics being used in place of conventional building supplies. The most revolutionary device, however, is the Null-Core, a device able to project digital items as physical manifestations. Still highly controversial, these devices uphold a data network slowly integrating civilization, allowing for the spread physical AI and creation of necessary building materials for a growing population.

You have just been indoctrinated as a Hunter, one of civilization’s finest. You are licensed to take on threats considered too great for The First Army, often consisting of digital-physical monstrosities created by hackers via Null-Cores or creatures emerging from the badlands or wilds surrounding what few cities exist. Additionally, the growing threat of Dead Zones, highly unstudied areas spreading the disease colloquially known as ‘The Decay’ are an ever-expansive threat that has yet to be fully studied or understood, still stands as a major challenge for the people.

We’re getting quite ahead of ourselves though.
>What’s your name, hunter?
>Gender?
>>
>>46804438
>Mack
>Male
>>
>>46804438
>Bob Ross
>Male
>>
>>46804438
A letter from the Hunter's Guild Majoris arrived today containing the following letter:

Dear Mack Ross,

We here at the HGM would like to start by congratulating you on your acceptance into our organization and would like to take a moment to remind you of your duties as a hunter, As such, you will be requested for a number of dangerous tasks considered too dangerous for the regular military. Furthermore, you will be partnered with a number of your fellow hunters to complete these missions. In order for us to find you a team best suited for your talents, as well as equip you properly, we request you fill out the following questionnaire:

1. Which of the following roles best describes your combat abilities:
-Knight
-Gunslinger
-Medic
-Mage

2. Which of the following are you?
-Human
-AI
-Android
-Pranni (Small humanoid)
-Agneo (Larger brutelike humanoid)

3. What is your greatest fear?

4. Which of the following HGM sub-guilds would you be interested in joining?:
-Medicus
-Nachtraven
-Terrus
-Royale
-Dragoon
-Vexel
-I would like to remain in only the HGM

(Sorry for more questions guys, but it is necessary for setup. Genuine story begins after this.)
>>
File: space_medic_by_spartan0627.jpg (100 KB, 1024x731) Image search: [Google]
space_medic_by_spartan0627.jpg
100 KB, 1024x731
>>46804897
-Medic
-Human
-Capture
-Medicus
>>
>>46804897
-Medic
-Human
-monophobia
-Medicus
>>
>>46804941
Changing fear to monophobia.
>>
>>46804897
>Knight
>Human
>Trypophobia
>Dragoon
>>
File: accidental pun.png (343 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
accidental pun.png
343 KB, 1280x960
>>46804897
>Mack Ross
>>
>>46804897
>Knight
>Human
>Drowning
>Dragoon
>>
>>46804897
-Medic
-Human
-Clowns
-Medicus
Be the team healsut
>>
File: 11Iemks.png (259 KB, 480x743) Image search: [Google]
11Iemks.png
259 KB, 480x743
>>46805146
>>
>>46804897

Mack clicked at his answers on the Hunters' Guild Majoris questionnaire, lifting the front two legs of his chair from the ground as he reclined, resting his feet on the table. His apartment was not necessarily in a bad part of town, but far from anything nice. He had lived here for a number of years, and aside from getting his hoverbike stolen... twice, there wasn't any real problem with crime. Prior to becoming a hunter, worked a part time job at a postal company, studying medicine in his free time. As he finished filling out the form, a final [ACCEPT] button flashed on the screen. He pressed down, sealing his fate as a medic for the Guild Medicus. The letter dissolved in his hands briefly before a second one materialized before him.

The new letter had come from the Guild Medicus, welcoming Mack to the guild, as well as informing him of a mandatory introductory meeting at 5 o'clock where he would be given some standard issue equipment as well as a general briefing on some of the various threats he would be facing. Mack checked his watch, 1 o'clock. He had some time to spare.

>What do?
>>
>>46805360
can we explore the guild before going to the meeting?
>>
File: shrug.png (22 KB, 275x200) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
22 KB, 275x200
>>46805360
Review medical materials I guess

And check where the guild is meeting, how far it is, and how long it's gonna take to get there
>>
>>46805360
Socialize with the other members of the Guild for a bit. Make connections.
>>
>>46805360
Workout/run
We ain't gonna be no sissy healslut, we tank medic.
>>
>>46805469
Changing.>>46805476
>>
>>46805465
>>46805476
Review medical materials WHILE working out.
>>
>>46805532
Because we're both brains and brawn.
>>
>>46805360
NAME: Mack Ross
ROLE: Medic
GUILD: Medicus
INVENTORY:
-3 Medical Books
-Satchel

Heading to the ground floor of the apartment, Mack takes his medical books in a small satchel, hops on his hoverbike, and making his way into the heart of the city where the Hunters' Guild headquarters is. The ride takes about thirty minutes, but it isn't much of a hassle. The headquarters doubles over as a government building for the local government, functioning under The Order, which has never quite followed and particular rules in itself. Government is constantly shifting and various corporations such as Royale 21 or VOID tend to set their own limitations as of late. Not that the public minds, of course. As it stands, technocracy seems to be the way of the future,

The headquarters itself is large and concrete, lacking any structural support from Null-Core projections or similar, looming far above the digistructed city below it. Parking hi bike near the building, Mack makes his way to the front. The entrance is a single, small sliding door with the HGM logo printed on it. The place is almost more of a massive bunker than a building. The inside doesn't appear very decorated through the glass. Walls are gray and aside from a few guild posters and potted plants, there are no decorations. Stepping in, Mack makes his way to the front desk, prepared to ask what room the meeting will be held in and if there is a gym he may work out in while he waits. A purple female AI, null-core suspended within her body, is acting as receptionist and greets him with a smile. Her desk has a small calendar and laptop on it. It's actually rather interesting. Laptops are largely unused since the invention of null-cores, and her entire existence as it stands is reliant on the very thing that makes the laptop obsolete. A name plate sits on the desk, it reads 'Jennifer'.

"May I help you?" She asks.

>Wat do.

(I think I'm going to snooze. Updates intermittently throughout the day tomorrow.)
>>
>>46805929
Are Jennifer's companion AIs named Gordon and Thursday?
>>
>>46805958
> this reference
I like you. I second this good idea.
>>
>>46805929
Ask about the location of the meeting, then about the gym
Mention the irony of the laptop

If there is no gym, sit down somewhere and review Medical Books
>>
>>46808094
I second this one too.
Also a bump. Pls no die while OP is asleep.
>>
Mack raised his arm to scratch the back of his head. "I'm here for the new recruits' meeting for Guild Medicus, I was just wondering where it'll be," Mack said, fiddling with the strap of his satchel.

Jennifer's attention turned to hew laptop tapped away at her keyboard for a moment before her gaze returned to Mack. "It'll be in the downstairs armory in Basement Floor 1. It doesn't look like its for a few hours though. Were you looking to do something else while you were here?"

Mack nodded, "I was wondering if there was a gym or similar I could work out in while I wait."

"There's a gym on the sixth floor, but you'll need a visitor's pass. One moment." She turned her attention to her laptop once more as a visitor's pass materialized above it. She smiles and held it out to Mack. "Here you go."

Mack took it, eyeing the laptop on her desk. "What's with the laptop?" He asked bluntly, trying to understand its use. "Couldn't you just do your job using the core suspended in your chest?"

Her eyes squinted slightly at Mack when asked the question, likely trying to determine whether he had been ogling her chest or noticed the core in a passing glance. "It's company policy. Even though some functions of the building run on cores, we use a lot of physical products."

GOT:
-1 Visitor's Pass

>What do?

(Everything should be in order, typed on an iPhone so there may be a few unforeseen editing errors. I'll be set up to post more efficiently soon.)
>>
>>46804438
That OP reminded me a bit of Dimension W, mixed with something else.
Kidn of interested, so I'll give this a bump.
>>
>>46812402
Actually wishing I had prepped more. I have lots of notes for the universe but the quest itself was a lot more "see how people like it". I will do a redux if we don't move forward and thread dies. Lots of little errors and lacking descriptions I should've prepped for. Ie, a proper/ full description of Jennifer, even if she is just there to give directions.
>>
>>46811884
Well, go work out, maybe try to keep in mind any cafeteria or similar we run across on the way there for later.
Say bye to Jennifer I guess.
Also ask if that policy applies to us as well.
>>46812594
It happens.
>>
>>46812766
agree, and while at the gym we should try to make a friend
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.