[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bushido The Land of Nippon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Weeb&D.jpg (32 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
Weeb&D.jpg
32 KB, 300x450
So tell me about this Bushido game.
It looks like exactly what I'm looking for, but what do you think?
Also can I find any files for it online?
>>
>>46801208
i found a PDF ages ago and printed it at college...2012, i think.

look harder, anon.
>>
>>46804252
I'm scared of viruses though
>>
>>46801208
The way it handles being historical not-Japan is probably one of the best methods out there. But the system itself is very much a representation of early RPGs. It has NOT aged well.
>>
>>46805563
Would you recommend something else?
>>
>>46806002
Probably Sengoku.
>>
>>46806266
That looks pretty good!
I'm looking for a file share for it, but not getting anything.
How do you guys usually search for this sort of thing?
>>
>>46806410
Google "Sengoku rpg pdf"
>>
>>46806787
Well then.
I'm dumb
>>
>>46805563
An hour to build a character, and a minute to kill it.
>>
>>46808397
Which is only exasperated by the book itself being a complete mess, and the rules just being a complete clusterfuck.
>>
>>46801208
I have the books from way back, and my opinion is: the setting's fantastic. You can have "realistic" campaigns (dump the shugenja and gakusho and the mythological monsters), Lone Wolf and Cub style campaigns where a single swordsman goes through groups of mooks like a combine harvester, or full fantasy with kappa and kitsune round every corner and your party shugenja blasting baddies with flying iron spikes or fire. The books go through a lot of Japanese background stuff, since Robert Charrette was the OG weeaboo of RPGs.

However, and this is a big one: it's a role-playing game from the early 1980s. This means its rules are convoluted, the rules are dispersed through both books, I think some rules are even missing (a NPC is said to have "NPC Police skills", but I've never found them in the books or in that rules cheat sheet). If you can handle really old school gaming, Bushido's great. Beats L5R in any incarnation any day.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.