[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you were declare King of WotC for an entire day, along with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 7
If you were declare King of WotC for an entire day, along with absolute power and authority, what would you change and what would you leave the same?
>>
Declare Planewalkers cards a mistake
>>
>>46796525
Because it's true what they say,
You know it's true what they say,
You're only king for a day,
I guess you're happy that way.
>>
>>46796525
Reprint Goyf at rare
Reprint all modern staples in a set that doesnt cost fucking 10 dollars a pack
>>
File: Doll lewdface.png (689 KB, 949x1250) Image search: [Google]
Doll lewdface.png
689 KB, 949x1250
Reprint P9, consequences be damned.
>>
>>46796525

I would fire everyone that might oppose me remaining King tomorrow, and appoint yes men who have everything to lose if I am no longer King.
>>
>>46796525
Bring back office orgies
>>
>>46796660
Seconded.

I'd keep D&D 5E as is.
>>
>>46796525
R E M O V E R E S E R V E D L I S T
>>
>>46796525
I'd take all the money.
>>
print a set that has all staples from all formats evenly distributed at 3$ a pack
>>
>>46796525
Declare Constructed formats a mistake and only develop sets for Draft and Sealed but make them really good in that regard.
>>
Unban Eye of Ugin
Make a common 2 colorless 20/20 Eldrazi with haste
:^)
>>
>>46796525
PATCH THE MOTHERFUCKING LEAKS

Call up Hasbro. Get the lawyers involved. Anyone even SUSPECTED of being involved with leaking anything to vendors, players, anybody, is getting the goddamn Spanish inquisition on their ass. Anyone confirmed involved with a leak even tangentially is fired, and sued for whatever charges we can think to throw at them.
>>
>>46797479
>>46797550

I'd be down with either of these
>>
>>46797606
good luck doing that to any of the hundreds of chinamen printing the fucking cards
>>
>>46797670
>release cards in China and South America 6 months later than everywhere else

There. I solved it!
>>
>remove the mtg reserve list, make sure public statement is released elaboraing on this being done only to free design restrictions, that the implicit promise of value of cards being retained is not being removed.
>reprint OG duals in commander products, most other vintage staples will see small promotional releases closer to FtV than modern masters
>get the digital gaming department unfucked and/or buckle down on contracted companies. mtgo and duels are disgraces and the DDI tie in with 4e that was ruined because ONE PROGRAMMER died is ridiculous
>reneg terms with hasbro to ensure that our ability to print money via MtG means D&D and any other ventures do not also need to be cash cows. maybe if we don't need to sell fifty bajillion D&D books we can put out quality first.
>>
Announce From the Vaults Reserve List.
MSRP $599.99
>>
>>46796656
This guy gets it.
>>
>>46796525

Give myself a decent sized bonus and act like kind of a huge asshole before the day is up, then just continue on with my life slightly richer and a little less self-respecting.
>>
>>46796656
Rainbow Stalin, pls
>>
Each deck must contain 4 copies of Shahrazad
>>
Bring back the in-house sex parties.
>>
Print fetch lands at uncommon, 5 per set. Uncommon dual lands are labeled as both land types instead of "land".
>>
>>46796525
Fire MaRo

Get rid of the Reserve List (fuck collectors)

Hire a head designer that was willing take more risks and explore the less-used parts of Magic's color pie

Unban Summer Bloom
>>
>>46796525
Remove public relations from MaRo's job description. He still gets to keep Blogatog and whatever, he just doesn't have to sell shit through them or unconditionally back the set. In fact, he gets a pay cut every time he hypes something that, in retrospect, is widely-agreed to be shit. The cut will scale in proportion to the degree of hype and the degree of shit, so that honest mistakes only cost him a couple bucks per infraction but DTK puts him out on the fucking street.
>>
>>46798447

Make this retroactive so he owes the company a paycheck every week for Avacyn Restored

Eliminate the Reserve List and print a fuckload of staples

Tell everyone to release a real fucking rules expansion to D&D 5E
>>
Remove Blue
Add Purple
>>
Fire all the talentless people recently hired for muh diversity and hire all white male professional magic players.

Come up with another Player Rewards system that mails out textless cards.

Push for creatures to be brought down in power slightly compared to spells (they were right to power up creatures, I just think they went a little too far)

Have development push synergy cards more for constructed to move away from 2-3 color goodstuff decks.

Sell singles via wizards.com. All rares cost $2 and all mythic rares cost $5. Keep booster packs the same for limited.

Convince Maro to move Wrath of God and unblockable to black. Completely remove Regenerate and replace with indestructible in green and reanimating effects in black. Give red "counter target instant or sorcery spell".

Commission new art for playmats for the top 8 of PPTQs.

No more Jacetus League. Make each block story staring a specific planeswalker and have them sometimes involve overarching stories like Bolas but typically are stand-alone.

Also this: >>46797757
>>
>>46796525
Bring back infect.

Hail New Phyrexia
>>
I'd just print a really busted set that wouldn't violate our promise not to re-print busted cards.

I would ban every variant of Jace and make Liliana the face of the game.
>>
File: bottoms up.jpg (72 KB, 788x685) Image search: [Google]
bottoms up.jpg
72 KB, 788x685
Make MTG an LCG since CCGs are cancer from the 90s that are way past their expiration date.
>>
>>46798208
Hoogland would lose his mind if that happened
>>
>>46798627
>Fire all the talentless people recently hired for muh diversity and hire all white male professional magic players.

You are one dumb motherfucker.
>>
>>46796525

Create an alternative system not using D20.
>>
>>46798826
fucking this
>>
>>46796525
Re-write drow as an effective matriarchal society. Get rid of draegloth, and replace them with half- Yochlol. Male sacrificed to Yochlol during graduation. If he is lucky he might even survive. Much closer to spider sex: Smaller male and more powerful female.

Start campaign that includes intelligent races of the underdark coming together(Marginally) to remove the illithids.
Dial back the rape aspect of orcs, make them more Tolkien, less warcraft.

Work on new planescape release.
>>
>>46796525
all cards worth an average of $25 or more are reprinted as uncommons over the next few sets.
>>
>>46799097
*with shitty cg art
>>
>>46799167
>not shelling out cash for Richard Kane Ferguson to come back
>>
>>46796525

I would liquidate all their assets and move all their current funds to off-shore bank accounts.

When I leave WotC will be dead and I will be rich, how is this not the Best End?
>>
>>46796525
Remove reserved list and make a policy of all cards that cost 5+ dollars will be reprinted in supplemental products until they value tank

Then i will remove mythic rarity.
>>
>>46799167
>Not liking cg art.
Plebs
>>
time spiral 2: planar boogaloo begins production immediately
mythic rare is reserved for story relevance, and are otherwise on par with rares for power level
>>
>>46796525
Flood market with all rare cards to make them worthless, then permanently shut down MtG completely.

Drink delicious neckbeard tears.
>>
>>46796525
Fix Red and blue
Reprint absurdly expensive cards
Print vintage masters
Make DnD less shit
Pull the netrunner liscense from FFG
No more agender transnigger shit
Oh. And reprint triumph of ferocity with the original art in literally every set it would make sense to be in. And update any magic games that have the new art to get rid of it
>>
>>46799602
Oh yeah, and I forgot. Hire a retarded monkey to run the EDH banlist
They should do aa better job than sheldon
>>
>>46796525
I guess I would start by firing the guy that make company "king" out of random guy.
>>
>>46799602
What's wrong with red and blue?
>>
>>46799780
Red still has barely anything going for it and the few things it does are literally constantly being stolen by the other colors
Blue on the other hand has too much and is a clear developer favorite which means that "Muh flavor" is a totally valid explanation as to why a card that bends the color pie over backward, breaks it's spine and then rapes all it's holes is fine as long as It's blue and good
>>
>>46796525
Wizards have just appointed a new CEO... Is this him asking for ideas?
>>
>>46800067
Maybe. Think Wizards could buy GW?
>>
>>46800095
Wizards don't really own themselves, Hasbro does own them.
Also why would anyone want to buy GW now on the downward spiral? You can pick the trademark for fraction of the price couple years later.
>>
4E IS BACK BABY
>>
>>46796525

> "We're altering the game to focus on our core demographic, and by that I mean our white male demographic."
> "Don't like it? Go fuck yourselves."

I remove all references to diversity and social justice. I bring back sexy cards, and make sure that homosexuals and whatever flavor of reddit-tier bullshit is always depicted as evil.

The main villain of the next set is offensively effeminate, and the main villainess is physically beaten to death by the new protagonist. The hero faction (and the White iconics) are basically Aryan knights.
>>
>>46796525
Bring back Event Decks and Clash Packs and make them forever Origins and BFZ tier.
Make a MM3 that reprints every value card.
>>
>>46800280
Yeah, me too.
>>
>>46800280
>>46800625
Thirded.
>>
I don't know how, but I cripple every color except white
>>
>>46799283
panama papers pls go
>>
File: Putin.jpg (59 KB, 600x405) Image search: [Google]
Putin.jpg
59 KB, 600x405
All lands top out at uncommon rarity: no rares or mythic lands.

Reprint dual lands & fetch lands.

End this multi-hundred dollar land base bullshit.
>>
>>46801859
Yes but not fetch lands please. Ban fetches in every format plox
>>
>>46796525

To make the vendors not lose their asses, announce that starting 6 months from today expensive non-standard staples will be aggressively reprinted in Constructed Masters, as set not designed around limited but instead to drive down costs for non-standard cards. Print them at their original rarities and without limited print runs for an msrp of no more than $5. Basically shoot to keep non-standard staples under $20 or so max.
>>
>>46801859
This. IMO needing to shell out ~20-30 dollars for a new playset of not eternal playable dual lands every rotation is dumb
>>
File: 1444091573166.jpg (41 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1444091573166.jpg
41 KB, 720x720
>>46801932
Fetches are actually phenomenal for the game, as they help rectify one of Magic's cardinal sins. Unfortunately, their value makes them unnecessarily expensive and makes it difficult to construct multiple decks without proxying or spending an obscene amount of money to play the game. It's like a tax on efficiency.
>>
>>46802019
The cost isn't my problem, it's the shuffling. It can make rounds take literally twice as long
>>
>>46796525
Crusader stance progression
>>
>>46800001
So what else would you do with red? I'd bring back the life wager stuff and maybe inject a little control aspect into it again
>>
>>46802019
Something I never understood is why it's always the already best duals that haves land types.
I mean, a bayou is already the best BG dual, but it's also a swamp and a forest for maximum fetchability. Why not giving them to shitty pure taplands to upgrade them a little instead?

And yes I know my bayou example is shit since it was made way to early to even consider that.
>>
>>46796525
Unglued and Unhinged cards are now competitive legal.
>>
>>46798627
>Sell singles via wizards.com. All rares cost $2 and all mythic rares cost $5. Keep booster packs the same for limited.

Holy shit you are a fucking idiot except for this.
>>
>>46800280
Fourth'd.
>>
>>46798581
>BUHU Big bad mean blue players
>>
Make 2nd ed the official D&D line
>>
Reintroduce the ante system and make it mandatory in official games.
>>
I'd give maro a raise because he deserves it
>>
You know what? They can keep the Reserve List. See if I care.
Instead, I'll subvert the "functional reprint" stipulation by printing strictly better versions.
Obsidian Lotus, sac and get four mana of one color.
Trilands.
Time Step, take an extra turn for U.
Moxen that tap for a colorless and a color.
Ancestral Haze, draw four cards.

These cards and whatever else subverts the List will be released in packs at a low price and widely distributed to mass retailers. They'll be specialty packs that are guaranteed to have certain cards, so players will be able to get what they want easily.

I want to see what would happen to Vintage.
>>
In most but the largest communities Magic attendance is tanking. Whatever the reason for the attrition in players means that events are just not firing; combined with the fact there is little financial incentive by stores to host events and what little incentive there is to sell singles is ruined by the online market having perfect stock and inventory. And losing sales to Walmart.

Kitchen table is still strong. Stores are still selling tonnes of product to them and likewise Walmarts are selling product to players who are too lazy to buy at a store that hosts events.

I actually want to see what it will be like if Magic is regulated only to large communities. When the small cities' communities die they don't come back not without some serious motivation.

It's already going that way. I know lots of stores that are simply not cracking anymore product for singles because there's no demand and/or it's simply not worth the money if you don't rip a $50 Mythic.
>>
>>46808057
>I want to see what would happen to Vintage.
Vintage is just regular shit accelerated at some 2-3 times the speed of a regular game.

Vomiting your hand of creatures, Dredging, Tendrils or Vault-Key, Jace - all that is fairly typical archetypes but faster.

Breaking the rules of fast mana, easy cards, and extra turns even harder would just mean a different variety of regular win conditions that are accelerated to play-ability in Vintage but at 4-5 times regular speed.

I don't mean to say Vintage is boring. The opportunity to play those classic cards is certainly interesting, but I'm not fooling myself into thinking it's something out of the ordinary. Aggro is still aggro regardless if it's Standard, Modern, Legacy, or Vintage.
>>
>>46796525
I would close the HQ for the entire day and print thousands of the most valuable cards for myself, when I am no longer king I would sell them off across the world and retire young.
>>
In my opinion, more board games like risk legacy
>>
>>46798039
This a thousand times, mana fixing that isn't 5 colours should be at uncommon, I'd allow cards like mana confluence at rare, fuck these terrible lands they are printing now at uncommon when we could have temples or painlands or filters or shocks or fastlands or another of the ton of constructed playable dual lands
>>
>>46796525
Kill magic the gathering outright.

make a spell array feeding on tears to rule the world.
>>
Bring back 4e with an upgraded and patched 4.5 edition, tell grognards to suck it
Get someone who actually knows what they're doing to oversee MtG 'cause I don't actually play it anymore
Tell SJWs to go gargle a dick and bathe in their impotent rage as they're ~triggered~
>>
>>46796525
Fuck the reserve list. Keep the Jace must be in every product rule.
>>
>>46803664
This basically. Why didn't the new uncommon duals have both types? It wouldn't affect limited at all and constructed would still have better options so it wouldn't impact rare land prices
>>
>>46796525
>If you were declared King of WOTC for a day
Stop there, I commit regicide
>>
>>46811413
Yeah I was thinking of those lands too.
>>
>>46800555
I went from
>mad because he's a bigut
to
>he's trolling
to
>if you turn the racism up to 11, it's actually fun to imagine
>>
File: 1440979171724.jpg (77 KB, 252x481) Image search: [Google]
1440979171724.jpg
77 KB, 252x481
Bring back sexy art
>>
>>46813860
> Hydrosurge new art.
>>
Fire Mike Mearls and pals. Hire some people who have any clue what the fuck they're doing and actually fund the D&D division instead of just keeping it on life support so licenses don't slip.
>>
>>46811604
Don't mess with Reggie
>>
>>46796525
There was an article where Maro talked about the early days of Wizards and how they would have swivel-chair hockey matches. I'd bring that back for a day and run a company-wide tournament.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.