[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PostApoc Japan Setting Warring States
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: thegame.jpg (301 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
thegame.jpg
301 KB, 1680x1050
Post-apocalyptic Japan that's been launched into a neo-Warring States period?

Clans take up the names of Japanese corporations, so you have clan Toyota and clan Sony and clan Nintendo?

Guns are so scarce that swords become more popular?

>would you play in my setting?
>>
>>46787846
Nice boobs.
>>
>>46787846
Depends, some of those companies are in a region that are close to each others I think
>>
Hell yeah, I'd play weeaboo Shadowrun.
>>
>>46787846
>"Sir Toyota! The barbarian Samsungs are in their moment of weakness! We should do something to exploit this!"
>"You're right, adjutant. We must do... a HOSTILE TAKEOVER. Prepare the accountants!"
>"Urgent news, sir! A faction calling themselves the Nokians have landed on our coasts, and their defenses seem nigh-impenetrable! They are taking our consumers and markets away!"
>>
File: Aight I lost it at that one.gif (361 KB, 304x168) Image search: [Google]
Aight I lost it at that one.gif
361 KB, 304x168
>>46788485
>>
File: jpGODfqXhr-4.png (62 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
jpGODfqXhr-4.png
62 KB, 300x250
>>46788485
>"My liege! I have terrible news!"
>"What is it, my young Honda-san?"

"It's the Comcast soldiers! They're rounding up all the Netflixians and sending them away to... re-packaging camps."
>>
>>46787846
So long as you're running it with Tenra Bansho, you'll be fine.
>>
File: Megacd.jpg (164 KB, 547x480) Image search: [Google]
Megacd.jpg
164 KB, 547x480
>>46787846
I really dig how this has potential for sickass neo-ronin samurai fiction, cyberpunk corporate warfare, pulpy weeaboo bullshit and hilarious racism all in one.

Have you got any written material for this? It sounds fun.
>>
File: 785.jpg (73 KB, 425x572) Image search: [Google]
785.jpg
73 KB, 425x572
>>46789427
I like sword - it's a personal weapon.
>>
>>46787846
No, you see, the samurai clans became rich merchant families or they became the yakuza.

So for your setting and for simplicity's sake these clans, old and new go back to their warlike ways.

FYI, the Oda and Takeda clans exist up to the modern day.

>the xxth descendants of Nobunaga and Shingen go to a new war, as their ancestors once did

Anon, you should research more and see which major family names took hold of corps and yakuzas, thanks.
>>
>>46790046
Or he can stick to the joke, which is less faggoty.
>>
>>46788485
So, a weeaboo version of Emerald Dagger?
>>
>>46789427
I would legitimately love to see a good animu studio get the Shadowrun license and do something with it.
>>
File: handgun proficiency.gif (1023 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
handgun proficiency.gif
1023 KB, 500x279
>>46790143
Get BONES or Gainax on animation and Yoko Kanno to work some of that ghost in the shell magic and you've got a masterpiece on your hands.

I think shadowrun's kind of pulpy themes and cyberpunk atmosphere would go great with an older anime art style.
>>
>>46790143
>>46790521
While we're dreaming pie in the sky dreams, let's get Shirow to do the character designs, guaranteeing that we'll get chicks with glorious '80s hair.
>>
>>46790521
>Get BONES or Gainax on animation
>Gainax
>trusting modern day Gainax
Gainax is dead, anon. It's all moeshit for them now. I'm sorry.
>>
>>46790619
And can Nujabes rise from the dead and do the soundtrack?
>>
>>46790703
Sadly, no.
We're doing pie-in-the-sky, not physically impossible.
>>
>>46790619
Shirow Nightow?

That Shirow?
>>
>>46790701
I-I'm sorry. You're right. I was watching FLCL recently and got all hopeful and shit.

At least BONES is still legit. Maybe get Sunrise, they nailed the older art style with Gundam Unicorn and know how to draw robots good.
>>
>>46790763
You mean Yasuhiro Nightow.
And no, I mean Masamune Shirow, the patron deity of '80s hair in manga.
>>
>>46790764
Depends.

Which Sunrise Studio are we talking about? Unicorn was done by Studio 1, but 2 and 3 have also done gundam stuff. Though a bunch of 2's members split off to found BONES.
>>
>>46790796
I'd say studio 1, but that's probably just because I really liked Unicorn.
>>
>>46790703
If only.
>>
>>46790764
There's Trigger, at least.
>>
>>46795691
I like Trigger, but I don't think their style would really work for Shadowrun.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.