[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Planeswalkers literally kill two Eldrazi titans >Have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3
File: 1427575964241.jpg (44 KB, 681x496) Image search: [Google]
1427575964241.jpg
44 KB, 681x496
>Planeswalkers literally kill two Eldrazi titans
>Have trouble with an angel
>>
>>46782791
the angel is a planeswalker too?
Eldrazi are just dimension eaters
>>
File: 1456595618439.gif (74 KB, 782x543) Image search: [Google]
1456595618439.gif
74 KB, 782x543
>four planeswalkers of diverse colors combine their magic to kill magical entites
vs
>one planeswalker that's only good at one color has trouble with an angel thats color, by design, is able to fuck over his color
>>
>>46782825
>Avacyn's not a planeswalker

>>46782864
>At least two planeswalkers, one capable of mind control can't stop one angel from going apeshit
>>
>>46782864
Also, don't give me that color pie bullshit. What are you, Mark Kikewater?

>Multiple literal physical gods can't stop one angel's rampage
>It's okay though because here hue was not conducive to it
Fuck off.
>>
>>46782926
avacyn is a literal physical god as well, by design no less.
>>
>>46783255
No she's not. She's a fucking angel.
>>
>>46782926
>New walkers
>Physical gods
>>
>>46782926
Post mending walkers aren't worth shit.
Get with the times, Urza.
>>
>>46786351
More or less. I mean, yeah they're shit compared to oldwalkers. But they still FUCKING KILLED TWO ELDRAZI TITANS.

I don't know how much the kike is paying /tg/ to suck his microcock, but Eldrazi Titan > Angel still shouldn't be difficult to comprehend.
>>
>>46786386
See:

>>46786390
>>
>>46786390
what makes you think angels have to be weaker than titans?

What makes you think avacyn is weaker than the titans?
>>
>>46786390
yeah well avacyn could have killed FIVE ELDRAZI TITANS

WHAT WILL THE SUPERFRIENDS DO
BUY THE NEXT SET AND FIND OUT
>>
>>46786433
>what makes you think angels have to be weaker than titans?
It never ceases to amaze me the mental acrobatics the average human is capable of.

>>46786444
Lel
>>
>>46786406
Technically, the two planeswalkers that thit that aren't around, though
What's Jace gonna do? Brainstorm her to death?
>>
Didn't they literally funnel all the mana of the plane of Zendikar, a plane known far and wide for its extremely potent mana, into the Titans, then ignite it, to kill them? That's not exactly something that would work on Innistrad.
>>
>>46786456
Could you explain your reasoning at any point in this thread?
>>
>>46786480
Why not? OR just fix her borked ass brain? That is his supposed specialty, isn't it?

The really fucked part is that 3 fucking OLDwalkers could only TRAP the Eldrazi Titans, but 5 planescripples killed two of them??

>>46786487
See above.

>>46786493
Sure: you're retarded.
>>
>the canon is wrong because these reasons which I have no evidence for.
>>
ITT: people who have no fucking clue what their talking about

First
The 4 walkers not only had to combine powers they also had to harness the power of the strongest mana conduit in the multiverse, the plane of zendikar

Second and more importantly
Wtf makes you think sorin had any trouble dealing with avacyn? He showed up on Innistrad and spent most of his time piecing together what the fuck had happen, on top of which he didnt want to kill his own creation but when he decided there was nothing else he could do he promptly shit stomped avacyn with almost effort

TL:DR OP is fucking retarded
>>
>>46786510
>The really fucked part is that 3 fucking OLDwalkers could only TRAP the Eldrazi Titans, but 5 planescripples killed two of them??

Because they didn't have a Red planeswalker with them at the time. If Jaya Ballard, Task Mage were on Zendikar at the time, the Eldrazi would have been destroyed way back when instead of being imprisoned.
>>
>>46786586
>Because they didn't have a Red planeswalker with them at the time
>Vs colorless Eldritch Abominations
Is this comment parody? Did you seriously forget that Ugin's a fucking dragon?
>>
>>46786510
I guess he could try to bounce her to her owner's hand, but other than that he can't really do shit to her. But who knows how that works, now that the Aether (Ether? Aethyr?) is pretty much out of the window.

See, what makes ME salty is the fact that Planeswalkers don't summon creatures anymore. The game has heavily moved towards creatures, yet somehow the main characters never summon them anymore.
>>
>>46786654

False, they could have killed them but they thought it would have had negative repercussions so instead they imprisoned them
>>
>>46782791
>Planeswalkers literally kill two Eldrazi titans with the aid of a system set up by 3 old walkers to channel an entire plane's worth of mana into a burn spell, after rewiring the leylines to manifest the entities into physical reality and holding them there
>Have trouble with an angel made by one of said old walkers that was made to handle all of the evil critters on that plane, not to mention it's the 2 that are the least combat able.
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>46786656
Jace summoned a bear illusion
Gideon plays Voltron where he is the Voltron
Chanders is straight up Burn
and Nissa has Ashaya and animates all of her lands.
>>
>>46786390
I think the lesson from all this is that the eldrazi are overhyped shitters.
>>
>>46786433
>what makes you think angels have to be weaker than titans?
The fact that the Titans enslaved all the angels on Zendikar?
>>
>>46787275
More like WotC's creative team realized they had created a villain they weren't competent enough to use in any more storylines and had to write them out of existence as quickly as possible.
>>
File: Sadshark.jpg (43 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Sadshark.jpg
43 KB, 500x375
>>46782791
>fixer sue tier mental prowess
>can't repair a robot child's brain
>>
>>46786433
The fact that the titans literally consume entire planes, while angels are incapable of traveling between planes.

Additionally, the Eldazi not only travel the Blind Eternities, they thrive in it.
>>
>>46782904
She was implied to be as powerful as one but then magic stones
>>
>>46782791
>wizards can't write for shit
>planesfaggots have inconsistent power levels that shift as the plot demands
>not just enjoying a card game for children where you get to live vicariously through the actions of one of the superfriends
>>
>>46786390
Yeah, not like they had the stockpiled magical arsenal and might of an entire planet known to be so full of mana that -
oh, wait, I forgot.
/tg/ is shit at Magic.
And can never be happy.
Never mind.
>>
>>46786390
They killed two titans by plugging Chandra into the energy of an entire plane. She went from being a candle to a literal nuclear holocaust engine. Nissa supplied the energy of the entire plane. Jace connected Nissa and Chandra in order to do the channeling. Gideon was the health-tank stalling until they got that going.

Compare this to Avacyn vs. Jace and Liliana. First off, it's only Avacyn vs. Jace since Liliana knows for a fact that fighting Avacyn right now is a one way ticket to getting smited. Second, Jace is losing his focus which is something very important when your whole schtick is interacting your mind with something else's.
>>
>>46792429
Pretty much this. There's no reason to care about the plot at all. It only serves to provide context for their shiny new batch of expensive cards every couple of months.
>>
>>46792331
Yawgmoth couldn't travel through planes, and yet.
>>
>>46788795
Good riddance
>>
>All these dumb posts
>Literally the only post that makes sense is ignored
Confirmed for bait thread
>i'm not even the guy who made the post that makes sense
>>
>>46792589
This
Besides, the same trick can't be done on Innistrad because the mana's being used to summon Emrakul, Chandra's too weak to planeswalk, Jace can't do the same trick (and is going insane), and the tag team of Jace and Tamiyo (if Magic Duels is canon at least). could barely stall her before Sorin jumped through the window and smited the shit out of his own daughter
>>
So are the two titans really dead? The entities we saw in Zendikar were more like avatars or shadows of the actual 'drazi in the Blind eternities or am I wrong?
So did they kill the avatars, or the actual beings?
>>
>>46793242
hopefully they're dead for good, I'm fucking sick of Eldrazi shit already
>>
>>46793242
>>46793270

Mackerel is gonna rezz both of them to stomp some other plane
>>
>>46793242
More accurately, all of the Eldrazi other than the Titans were just shadows or appendages of the Titans. The Eldrazi Titans were physically manifest on Zendikar and then trapped as a result of those three that lured them there previously. If they went down on Zendikar, they went down. Emrakul is still the biggest Titan though, and it's still loose.
>>
>>46794345
Yes, the broods being literally a part of the titans I know. But like you said the Titans were Physically manifest on Zen, but what they are is actually in the blind eternities, right? And because their manifestation was trapped they could not go elsewhere. That's how I understood the whole deal
>>
>>46792864
But he did
>>
>>46794433
Normally, their way of operating is that they extend a part of themselves in that is representative of themselves, yes. It seems that in this case though, they were entirely bound to the plane in a physical body and slain. The results could turn out to be different later, but for now the assumption is that they have Kozilek and Ulamog are entirely killed. And given the level of power used to do it, I would believe it possible.
>>
>>46792429
I'd rather have plots about the individual planes, like the original Ravnica.
>>
>>46796464
>b-but don't you want to see the epic story of GenericPlaneswalker003 unfold? Here anon here's a duel deck package featuring the confrontation between GP003 and GP089 where you take on the role of one of these legendary heroes!
>what's that? YOU...as in the PLAYER should be the only Planeswalker? Each set should focus around YOUR exploration of a new plane? Building a deck that represents you and your powers....oh come on now...don't be foolish. You'd have a better time learning about Jace...he even wears a cool hoodie...just like you, sport!
>>
So do Sorin and Nahiri qualify as oldwalkers still? If so, why do their cards suck so much?
>>
>>46797148
They are oldwalkers in the sense, that they have been around since pre-mending (at least Sorin, don't know about Nahiri). But the mending took the power away from oldwalkers as well as walkers that came into existence after it.
So yeah, they are oldwalkers, but they don't have the PL of pre-mending walkers any more.

That's how I understand it.
>>
>>46786268
Yes, she is? She was designed by a pre-Mending Planeswalker to maintain balance on Innistrad by curb stomping anything that tried to break that balance.
>>
>>46797148
Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Yeah, they're oldwalkers... but the Mending reduced them to Neowalker power levels.
>>
>>46782791
And this is why burning two of the big bads of the setting just on showing how the main cast are really awesome is such a shit idea. From now on everyhting is either going to have to be more powerful than the Eldrazi or their sudden inability to gank it will make no sense.

>B-but Niv Mizzet might discover planeswalkers exist!

Literally fucking who cares? Four of the squirts beat the shit out of Kozilek and Ulamog. Is the miz shizzle more powerful than Ulamog? Can he solo Kozilek? Because those Nephilim things seemed to give him some trouble so he can't be all that. Worst comes to worst they shine the Jace sign, the superfriends assemble and they tear his head off and stuff it.
>>
>>46797211
This. The oldwalkers that lived through the mending had their power greatly weakened when the fundamental laws of the multiverse changed. Nicol Bolas' schemes on Alara had everything to do with him trying to achieve his previous level of power. This is also why Liliana sold her soul to demons.
>>
>>46797388
Niv did fight several Nephilim at once. That being said, he did a pretty decent job.

This whole thing where they killed the Titans was to show what happens when the Justice Friends get their shit together and start doing the kinds of things that Wizards said they would be doing years ago.

That being said, even though they did defeat Ulamog and Kozilek, it wrecked them. Jace and Chandra are in no shape to do any such thing like that for a while. It also required an extremely mana-rich plane that one of the crew was native to and could help them get access to.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.