[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't think of an endgame for a big bad besides take over/destroy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1461006450119.png (111 KB, 932x388) Image search: [Google]
1461006450119.png
111 KB, 932x388
I can't think of an endgame for a big bad besides take over/destroy the world. All of my ideas are either sporkrandom or could more easily be accomplished by becoming things other than an evil overlord.

FUCK.
>>
>>46772238
Trade tariffs and customs taxes caused his family's importing business to go down under causing them to starve and it drove him to such anger he wishes to tear down the borders to prove a point.
>>
Establish a religion in his own name, so that he isn't ever forgotten.
>>
File: Beanboy.jpg (703 KB, 1360x3024) Image search: [Google]
Beanboy.jpg
703 KB, 1360x3024
>>46772238
BBEG wants the whole world covered in beans. BEANS!
>>
>>46772238
context nigger
are you asking for help or just complaining?
if you want help give context
>>
It's a matter of scale. A big bad could be after a fucking city council seat

Some random world scale ideas (since that seems like what you're going for) might be changing an event in history, some goal that isn't necessarily evil in and of itself but with very destructive means, destroy a particular country, change the nature of world in dangerous or unpredictable ways (I wish for no more death), turn some dark secret into common knowledge, or pretty much any plot you could rip out of any rpg vidya
>>
File: 1446002765677.jpg (30 KB, 433x394) Image search: [Google]
1446002765677.jpg
30 KB, 433x394
>>46772263
Can you see any borders from here? What have borders given us?
>>
>>46772361
Just complaining, and wondering if this is a common problem or if I'm just uncreative.
>>
>>46772238

Wants to manifest an alternate reality in your realm.
>>
>>46772430
Lifting a plot from the Mario Bros. movie? That's bold AND daring.
>>
>>46772238
woman he loves said she'd only date if him he was the last man in the world
he said challenge accepted
>>
>>46772524
This could be far more easily achieved by planeshifting her to a plane of existence with no males.
>>
File: 14 year olds.png (209 KB, 510x346) Image search: [Google]
14 year olds.png
209 KB, 510x346
>>46772555
technically, yes, but if you want it to actually work, no.
>>
Just make it something personal:

>BBEG is ex-adventurer, has a waifu who was an party member who died fighting the previous BBEG in a way that cannot be simply resurrected.
>Mr ex-adventurer is devastated, is determined to bring her back from the dead. Uses his fat loot money to buy a keep and starts researching necromancy and advanced simulacrum technology
>He's starting to do experiment were he buy ladies from local whorehouses and thieves' guild and forcibly transfers their soul into artificial bodies, he believes when he perfect this he would be able to recall his waifu's soul back and imbue it into a new body which he's building for her
>Party is sent to investigate the disappearance
>>
>>46772630
I remember that episode of Slayers.

Fuck, it's like absolutely everything has been done before.
>>
>>46772555
Fine.
Change it to "last man on this planet."
>>
>>46772751
Time travel to a pre- or post-humanity <planet you're on.>
>>
>>46772729
It's Frankenstein with a slightly romantic twist. That sort of story is very common.

Don't feel bad about stealing, if you see a story archetype a lot it means people keep doing it because it works.
>>
>>46772238
Wants to cause misery by building a nation, turning it into a world power, and then using it to keep the world politically unstable for the rest of eternity, thereby ensuring that the world has to build everything with his nation in mind.
>>
Taking over/destroying the world FOR THE GREATER GOOD.
>>
Sometimes big bad just has smaller goals dude. Like place someone he likes in power despite (or because of) legitimacy. Evil is mostly in the means so make go ahead and make them have reasonable/attainable goals but have them willing to murder babies to do it.
>>
>>46772238
One way I overcome this is have the conquering be the means to a goal instead of the goal. Like they are conquering the world so that they have enough power to become immortal, or because they want to create an empire that lasts for a thousand years. Or the age old reason, resources
>>
>>46772518

I honestly had no idea.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.